Designers » N-Q » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Bois d‘Oud Perris Monte Carlo for women and men

Bois d‘Oud Perris Monte Carlo for women and men
dislike

oud

Bois d‘Oud by Perris Monte Carlo is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. Bois d‘Oud was launched in 2012. Top note is bergamot; middle notes are peach, plum, jasmine, rose, iris, orange blossom and agarwood (oud); base notes are cedar, blackwood, patchouli, vanilla, ambergris, labdanum and musk.

Bergamot

Peach Plum Jasmine Rose iris Orange Blossom Agarwood (Oud)

Cedar Blackwood Patchouli Vanilla Ambergris Labdanum Musk

Al Sharquiah

Bois d‘Oud Fragrance Reviews

SirCharles
SirCharles

To me, Bois D'oud kind of smells like the inside of a brand new Mercedes or something like that. The oud here is very clean and quite medicinal, so I can see how this comes off synthetic to most people, but for me, I get alot of that new-car smell. I could see this on a Mercedes-driving CEO in a pinstripe suit. Very mature, very hard to pull off, but if you can, Bois D'oud is stellar.

kneolaci1
kneolaci1

Somehow it reminds me of my dentist and his dental care kits after being sterilized ! So basically very synthetic! However, i quite like this fragrance as its very intriguing,dark, magic kind of fragrance.

psychdoc
psychdoc

I'm either culturally uninformed or had a really boring childhood as I don't understand the previous comment about a nauseated little girl hiding out in a wardroom at a children's Christmas party at the officers' mess. Nonetheless, Bois d'Oud by Perris Monte Carlo is a very intriguing fragrance combining made-for-one-another notes (oud and rose) that result in a spectacular progeny, somewhat akin to Tom Ford's Noir de Noir, Incense Oud by Killian, and Diptyque's Oud Palao. Not quite as dirty/animalic as Oud Palao and much sweeter than Noir de Noir. The magic 3rd ingredient in Bois d'Oud is plum, possibly peach also, which sets this fragrance apart from the others. Kind of a boozy, schnapps, oud. An androgynous scent, slightly more on the feminine side, though the oud, ambergris, patchouli, and labdanum notes provide a masculine counterbalance. For so many notes/ingredients, I'm surprised how well blended this is. If there is actually bergamot in this fragrance, it is drowned out by the other more potent notes. Fearful about wearing this to work or even on a date given the fragrance's heavy sillage. And even though I personally like the fragrance, I'm not sure if the oud and plum combo might be off-putting to others.

chove
chove

Bois d'Oud smells of woods, jasmine, syrupy plum, labdanum, vanilla and a pinch of bergamot combined to form an impression of how the scent of oudh is perceived, rather than trying to make an actual representation of oudh within the scent. I consider this to be a fair approach in a fragrance so overtly synthetic. An image of unfortunate aspirations is brought forward – of cognac coloured nostalgia and mass produced ”British” furniture. It kind of smells like a childrens’ christmas party at the officers’ mess, where a daddy's girl hides out in the wardroom, awating the nausea from eating to much candy to pass.

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

Last night, I had a date. So, I decided to test spritz four oud-based colognes namely: Bois D'Oud, Supreme Oud, Versace Oud Noir and Oud Touch (by Franck Olivier). Tho' all are Western brands, each of them are inimitably fabulous and they each carry their respective "oud identity". However, after moments of deep ruminations, I decided to use Bois D'Oud for my date! It has this alluring postmeridian (evening) opulence, coupled wt the 'floriental' interplay of jasmine, iris and rose. While I love Bois D'Oud, I must remark that it's very strong. Understatedly a feminine scent because of jasmine, rose and iris accords in the cologne! I almost had olfactory dissonance wen I caught a whiff of it! Not for all ladies or gents. Period!

Guermantes
Guermantes

This smells plain ugly on me. I'm sorry. Just reminds me of the smell of Ikea furniture - those that are made to look like wood but are not. Something terribly synthetic here.
Maybe just my skin plays a trick on me.

Lana148
Lana148

Opening is very beautiful, hard to describe, but sophisticated and expensive. This is not an oud dominated fragrance. Oud is there but it's rather quiet, soft & shy.

I am not crazy about the drydown though. The fragrance turns sugary, powdery and musky on me. Reminds me of a scent of a vintage cosmetics.

Overall, still very nice fragrance.

Marie76
Marie76

This is an enchanting composition, airy, not heavy or too animalistic. It's sweeter, less smokey than other ouds. It's beatiful, balanced, elegant...The only oud I wear.

Cereza
Cereza

"Bois d'Oud" has a very nice opening, but it goes downhill from there. The opening is very rich - full of oud (the rubber-y leather kind) and syrupy sweet plum and a bit of powdery peaches. Even though the first sniff makes you go "Oh wow this is pretty" in a way it instantly becomes too much, the sweetness is not balanced at all and together with the oily rubber note it does not work well.
As the scent develops it gets a bit boring, the first heavyness of the scent is gone and I'm left with slightly interesting composition of faint odor of oud and some flowers.
The staying power is good - more than 8 hours, but worth the experience in my opinion are only the first 2 hours.

This is the third from Perris Monte Carlo I've tried and so far even though they have been nice I can't see them being worth their price tag. I hope some other of his scents will prove me wrong.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A sweet, almost syrupy woody scent (don't get much oud to be honest, it's more a generic and synthetic "dark" wood note, which also takes quite a while to emerge), with rose, fruity notes and amber, lightly "viney" at the beginning but also boldly vanillish and resinous. As minutes pass it even gets sweeter, basically becoming for a while a vanilla gourmand with rose on fruity-woody notes. Initially it's nice, but to be honest after a while it gets a bit "tiring", mostly because of a persistent sweet personality which makes it hard to enjoy all the rest it covers. After some 2 hours it becomes tolerably more dry and dusty, slightly darker too. Still sweet, but in a more pleasant way - more gentle, more dusty, sophisticated, silky, finally revealing better its woody soul. If you like the idea of a fruity-floral syrupy sweetness gently darkened by some shady woods, it may be good for you – don't expect much oud, though (and be prepared to wait a bit for the best part).

6,5/10

velb95
velb95

EN. Judging by the relatively low price (€ 125.00) the composition of this perfume: synthetic Oud, accompanied by some other synthetic ingredients (such as plum and peach, because it's impossible to extract from the fruit the aromatic oils). But it doesn't make it bad perfume. It's very strong, rich and exciting, which gives a feeling of great "Oud for beginners" avoiding the initial note of moldy cheese that characterizes the fungus, that attacks the core of agarwood, creates this unique and so specific scent of Oud. I would say that Bois D'Oud is a winning mix of a great perfume, a nice bottle at an affordable price.

IT. A giudicare dal prezzo relativamente basso (€ 125,00) la composizione del profumo: Oud sintetico, accompagnato da alcuni altri ingredienti sintetici (come la prugna e la pesca, perché dai frutti impossibile estrarre gli oli aromatici). Tutto sommato però il profumo è molto resistente, ricco e eccitante, che dà una sensazione di ottimo "Oud per principianti", quindi evitando la nota iniziale di formaggio ammuffito, caratterizzata dal fungo che, attaccando il nucleo dell'albero di agar, crea l'odore unico e così caratteristico di Oud. Si può dire che Bois D'Oud è un vincente mix tra un ottimo profumo, un bel flacone ed un prezzo accessibile.

WendyMH
WendyMH

The beginning, to me was all about the oud, not very sweet - quite earthy and musk-laden. It reminded me very much of M Micallef's Oud Gourmet - and I didn't find it at all fruity. About 5 hours later now, the vanilla has really come out and it feels more creamy. I'm really loving this dry down, but am sorry to not have experienced the plum notes and creaminess earlier on.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

very special frag in a perfume world lately dominated by oud in all his forms ,this a sirupy quite sweet oud maybe one of the most feminine around ,it reminds me a lot of the first original not reformulated poison by dior ..anyway a definitely worth buying frag

Poseidonna
Poseidonna

For me Bois d' Oud is one of the warm and smoothy scents. Acually I can't describe what makes it so attracting to me. It's just perfect, I always have to take a "sniff" at the empty sample sprayer and long for a bottle of it. In common I am the type of flowery parfumes without lilly of the valley, lilly, hyazinths, daffodils and jasmin. I even like Dia/Amouage, Collecible Zeta a Linden blossom, Osmanthus, Datura---. And on the other hand "Eussersdorf Classic myrrh" "Cardinal".....At least I have decide and choice for different direction of fragances.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Ohh, I see I am the first one to review this beauty. Well, I bought it blindly. I was craving a sweet aoud, and researching the Montale line, as I love Montale perfumes with all my heart. But I wanted something without roses, and that is difficult, since aoud is almost always combined to some extent with roses. Not that I don't like roses; I adore them! But I just hoped for something unique and unexpected.
Well, this doesn't disappoint. While I did purchase a tester, and my bottle is capless, the scent is quite a stunner. It is very similar to Velvet Aoud from Montale, only richer, sweeter and woodier. There is a plastic kind of aura which reminds me of Iris Ganache from Guerlain.
I cannot smell the bergamote they describe for the top notes. It's had a syrupy feel, without being too sugary. The sweetness must come from the plum and the peach. I do not smell any flowers of any kind. There is a strong woody, forest-like smell, which isn't fresh at all... Aoud is the most dominant note, along with dried fruits. Like dried plums and apricots, which have a lot of sweetness and a little saltiness in them. Lots of them! The roses and jasmine, if there, are totally hidden to my nose. Maybe the smallest amount of neroli and iris.... Cedar is listed, but cedar for me is always a "fresh" kind of wood, a little green.... I don't smell that either... The woods in here are deep and dark. There is also a lot of ambregris which has a vanillary tone, but no distinctive vanilla. I cannot smell much musk or patchouli. No freshness here.
Overall, I would call this a fruity woody, if such a category existed...
Case and point: dried fruits + aoud + dark woods + ambregris. Great silage and longevity, fairly linear, becomes a tad fresher in the base, surprisingly.
I surely recommend it, mostly for night time... Seductive, voluptuous and curvy, a little kinky and perverted if you'd like... Not very ladylike, as you can see. I think it would be great on a very sexy man, but mostly, because of the sweetness, I see it for a woman that is beautiful, grown up, strong, confident of her own power of seduction, a woman that doesn't care much about the image she promotes and who isn't afraid of getting what she wants when it comes to pleasures of life. Mystery comes from her fearless attitude.
Am I that woman? Not quite.... but surely like to imagine I was, and smell like her too!

Bois d‘Oud by Perris Monte Carlo 4.04 out of 5 based on 83 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perris Monte Carlo Bois d‘Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Perris Monte Carlo Bois d‘Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bois d‘Oud by Perris Monte Carlo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bois d‘Oud by Perris Monte Carlo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.