Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Oud Imperial Perris Monte Carlo for women and men
dislike

oud
Oud Imperial Perris Monte Carlo for women and men Pictures

Oud Imperial by Perris Monte Carlo is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Oud Imperial was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Luca Maffei. Top notes are jasmine and caraway; middle notes are incense, patchouli, saffron and agarwood (oud); base notes are sandalwood, blackwood, cedar, labdanum and vetiver.

Jasmine Caraway

Incense Patchouli Saffron Agarwood (Oud)

Sandalwood Blackwood Cedar Labdanum Vetiver

Oud Imperial Fragrance Reviews

GustaveTheNose
GustaveTheNose

I tested this on my skin today at the mall along 3 other fragrances, and this is the one I kept coming back to sniff, not because I liked it but because it's so different to anything else I smelt.

Let me start by saying it's not something you blind buy, try it first and see if you like it or not.

Without looking at the notes above I will go ahead and describe what I smell. This perfume reminds me of the old traditional herb/spice shops in Arabia. Its the most dry perfume I have ever smelt and it makes me thirsty sniffing 2 spritz of it, it's so dry I can't believe it.
It's like being lost in the endless stretching desert while carrying a big load of spices and patchouli.

The perfume to me starts with a smashing punch in the face of patchouli, followed by another punch of dry sandalwood, then less powerful jabs of spices, mainly clove and nutmeg. There's some cheering oud in the background but it's already a knockout for me and I'm on the floor, unable to move a muscle.

Although I'm no big fan of sweet aromas but this one seriously needed a merciful sweet dash of sweetness , just to make it more human friendly.

I'm glad I tried it before considering to buy and I suggest you do the same, definitely a pass for me. I have a headache now.

psychocandy
psychocandy

Wow...just got the black version today, paid $77! Deals can be found on this. Mine was brand new in sealed box. Let me say I crave dense smokey long lasting incense frags and this one takes the cake, Yes it's got a beautiful oud dirtiness but the overall big picture with this one for me is the FRANKINCENSE. If you like the incense vibe in Avignon, this is it on IV steroids. Another big player is the patch. It gives it a slight 70's retro vibe but never smells dated or too old school. This is the incense fragrance of my dreams. It's soundtrack is 'Take Me To Church'. I'll be wearing this in my black leather jacket and some rosary beads, this is a bad boy, I'm in love. Thankful to have discovered it before buying another bottle of Avignon....

aLmoravado
aLmoravado

I agree with most of the reviews down here; It is a very dry, incensy fragrance, where oud is somewhere in the background. I don't think I can use it by itself, but I'll definitely layer it with something that has rose, or maybe other flowery notes...

framorena
framorena

I share the same thought with Inferno, I like this very much, but it reminds me of other fragrances, first of all Private Label, that are more complex, deep and rich of undertones, and at the same price.
Anyway, if you find the fragrance mentioned too strong for a daily use, this could be a right choice for the same kind of taste, but with no risk.

infernofromoccultdiary
infernofromoccultdiary

Fragranza molto "scura", ma non resinosa. Incensata. Calda. Con qualcosa di alcolico. A farla padrona una mescolanza di Vetiver e Patchouli.

L'oud è inesistente.
O se è esiste al 0.01% è sintetico.

Esistono fragranze comunque superiori a questa.
Ad esempio: "Dark Oud" di Montale, "Private Label" di joyvoy, "Fumidus" di Profumum Roma.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Good longevity and sillage but a very simple smelling fragrance. Medicinal oud like Tom Ford Tobacco Oud without any accompanying notes. There are much better oud options out there even cheap arabian ouds. At $185 forget it. Way too simple.

Has nothing to do with Dark Oud by Montale. Get a nose job!

Calvini
Calvini

My favorite part of this fragrance is actually the intensely smoky incense that puts off some people.. Unfortunately it does wear off, leaving the remainder somewhat flat in comparison

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Thanks for the sample Angelica 000! I can't smell any oud myself, but if this IS oud, then I appreciate it. It doesn't have that pooey note that makes a lot of Western Fragranticans run for cover. I detect Myhrr (not listed) more than anything in this fragrance but not too much - just enough to be discernable. It's most unusual and sophisicated, and far removed from so many girly girl perfumes that abound at the moment. All class!!

Tassio12
Tassio12

Really woody-incensey more than pure oud. I like it a lot on first impression. I don't see the Montale comparisons because the oud is more integrated into the woodiness of this scent. The closest comparison incan think of is Amouage Interlude with a heavier oud presence. That's a compliment for sure. I agree that this smells like an exotic campfire. Performance is intense. I have a decant and will strongly consider a full bottle.

Edit 9/22 - This is nice, but intensely dry. I don't get the balsamic qualities at all. Very dry wood/incense combo with oud playing third fiddle. Nice, but not an easy wear.

pravda48
pravda48

Disclaimer: I'm a HUGE fan of skanky ouds, labdanum, and certain smoother kinds of patch.

That said, the patch in the opening of this is so strong I swear I can TASTE the mustiness! It feels gritty dirty, it gives the impression of almost feeling the grittiness of dirt between my teeth. I can also pick up the yummy, sourish skank of the labdanum and oud if I'm brave enough to get closer to take a big whiff, but I have to brace myself for the face full of dirt that comes with it. (This is only the 1st 15 mins, mind you, so maybe it'll settle down a bit!)

Honestly I don't know what to think at this point. I think it will win this battle. Probably better suited to a man, a real man's man who likes camping and isn't afraid to get dirt under his nails!

@TheMan McEssien below: NO!!! It's SUPER strong, fills a room, and some people may find it very offputting. Rating: NSFW.

ivo7165
ivo7165

Unique and extremely addictive.l just love this.

faceless
faceless

يه عطر بسيار خاص از برند پريس مونت كارلو ..تركيب چوبي بوي عود و بخور بسيار زياد و بوي ترش و بالزاميك واقعا يه حس غربت و تاريك به آدم ميده ..انگار ساعت 1 شب هست و من توي سرما كنار بزرگراه بي تفاوت به ماشين هائي كه زوزه كشان گاه و بي گاه از كنارم رد ميشن ،بي هدف مشغول پرسه زدن هستم...بعد از كلي پرسه هاي بيهوده به خونه ميرسم ..كسي توي خونه نيست ..همه جا نيمه تاريك هست و فقط يه چراغ زرد كم نور توي اتاق روشنه..پيراهنم رو در ميارم و بوي ملايم عود امپريال باز به مشامم ميرسه ..يه آرامش خاص در همون لحظه از اين رايحه ميگيرم ...دراز ميكشم و هنوز بوي امپريال و سلطنتي اون به مشامم ميرسه و كم كم به خواب ميرم ...اين كار ابدا مناسب روز و گرما نيست ..نه اينكه اذيت كنه يا سنگين باشه ..نه ..فقط حسش خراب ميشه..يكي از بهترين كارهاي عودي-دودي كه در اين سالها داشتم.

TheMan McEssien
TheMan McEssien

Is this cologne formulated for morning periods? Is it something I could wear to work without any overpoweringly pungent oud note causing problems for my co-workers? I need answers guys! Thanks :)

cytherian
cytherian

UPDATE:
Well, I sold it. But, not because it's a lesser fragrance. This is a very dry incense heavy oud. If you love stark, dry, potent incense as well as oud, you'd definitely enjoy this. I'm not one to be drawn to the liturgical incense heavy fragrances. If it was only a little sweeter, I'd have hung onto it.
_______________________________________________________

I recently got a bottle of Oud Imperial. Super rich incense oud, rather dry and ashen, without being too sharp. Extremely masculine.

There was something... something that felt familiar, as if I already had this fragrance. I sprayed on Jovoy Paris Private Label on my other wrist. Smelled both. Wow. It's pretty similar to Private Label with an ashy oud note added in! Rather interesting. Must be similar concentrations of vetiver, patchouli, and sandalwood. Also, I wouldn't call Private Label sweet, but there is a sweetness I pick up right after smelling Oud Imperial. Very nice.

As far as designer oud based fragrances go, I have YSL M7, AdP Intensa Oud, and Epic Man as my mainstays. I've long been curious about REAL oudh, but discouraged by the extravagant prices to get the real stuff, and extreme difficulty in finding quality mid-priced renditions that are close-enough to capture that "oudh experience" (too many variations and inconsistencies across vendors). I've started to dabble in very small oudh attars and gradually learning more about this curious substance. But most of my experience is with Western oud, synthetic based yet high quality crafting.

Oud Imperial has been quite an interesting experience. This has what appears to be a pretty natural smelling oud, accompanied by lots of incense and ash. It's very bold and dry. It also feels a bit linear in its development, yet... it does soften over time. I realize it will take time to discover this one, wearing time and time again with gaps in between to let the recent memory refresh. I'm hoping that Oud Imperial and I will become good friends. :-)

gzalvares
gzalvares

Difficult to define, there are moments I like, and moments that I hate! If the oud was less invasive and more prominebt background, it would be nice, but we have an excellent oud

sorena_56
sorena_56

سلام.ازدوستان هموطن کسی توضیحی نداره درمورداینکار؟

reveillee
reveillee

Own a bottle and enjoy it as it meets my preferences for darker, woody, oud scents. Though its been a couple years since I last owned Montale Dark Oud, this fragrance reminds me of a higher quality version. I agree that this fragrance is very woodsy and also has a dusty/old library feel to it as well. To my nose, the woods are FAR more prominent than the oud.
For reference, these comments are based on the "Black" version that supposively has over 2x the amount of oud oil than the original "Gold" version.

Shibor
Shibor

Starts with quite a balmy smoky / tarry blast, but soon changes into a remarkable oudy scent in a caraway frame. This is a very original idea of the scent creator, which enriches the oud even in case of a -probably- not top quality of oud (top quality oud is highly expensive). The whole scent leaves sometimes a slightly musty impression. This is not uncommon among oudy fragrances. In this case this edginess gives the scent its unique character.

Highly recommendable for oud lovers!
This comes definitively on my wish list as well.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Opulent oud, very middle eastern, extrimly long lasting, one note type of perfume,but reach and beautiful. Can be used for layering with anything, unisex.

Gwdbe
Gwdbe

One of the greatest oud perfumes with a very good Longevity, and perhaps the best among his collections. Tried to recall some of the oud perfumes I have smelled in the past but this is proving to be a bit better ,including montale black oud that people having talking about when it comes to oud perfume .

demon718
demon718

Let me start by saying I went into a galleria in Berlin with the intention of buying Montale Aoud Lime or Almas Boadicea the Victorious and by curiosity i decided to try this lil gem and it's brother Bois D'Oud .I'm gonna put it simple :)30 minutes later I walked out the store with Bois D'Oud,Oud Imperial,And Rose de Taif and forgot all about what I went there for :) this brand has some very good perfumes and the price is very good for these above average perfumes .I highly recommend to give it a try ;)

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Oud Imperial opens with a rubbery, slightly harsh, boozy (or more precisely, "chemically" alcoholic) note of oud, on a black, dense, slightly sticky ambery-herbal-spicy base. I also detect cloves, a medicinal note blended with the general sticky-black mood, initially a bit cloying then turning into something softer and more gentle. As a non-fan and non-expert of oud, I am not able to judge it, but the note smells nice to me: it's dark, austere, mystical, "organic", woody-rubbery as I assume oud shall be. Somehow it manages to smell at the same time also friendly and warm, especially as minutes pass, and after one hour or so it becomes definitely more "open", more pleasant and more fascinating, as it basically smells like if a dark woody forest blossomed on your skin – there's earthy notes, herbs, light woody notes - besides oud, patchouli, oak moss (obviously fake) and a light spicy-ambery breeze. At this point it's also quite close to many classic masculine fougères of the '70s/'80s, with the added value of the bitter, dry and rubbery note of oud. And that's the drydown basically. A nicely austere and decently persistent scent.

7,5-8/10

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I have tried the Taif and Bois Oud which are stellar as well as this. Plenty of transitional phases going on with oud remaining the focus. Every note is detectable from woody to spicy and dry. The scents evolves dramatically like the end of Spartacus season 1 which I just finished. It's surely magical and breathtaking with astonishing longevity and average sillage after about 4 hours. You will be sniffing your wrists all day if you love oud and incense. This competes with the Big Boy Montale Aoud's easily..

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

What's the difference between Perris Monte Carlo's Oud Imperial (in the gold bottle) and Oud Imperial Black (in the black bottle--available through MiN and Nieman Marcus) ?

Is it nothing more than the color of the bottles? Or are they indeed two distinct fragrances? It seems odd that Fragrantica hasn't added Oud Imperial Black to their database.

Any feedback appreciated.

martindhunt
martindhunt

Yesterday, at Theodora, in Geneva, I bought this fragrance. Well, truth be told, I also bought Kilian - Incense Oud because I fell in love with both. Today, I'm enjoying my Oud Imperial for the first time.

For me, this is another case of a bit of heaven in a bottle.

Not for the faint of heart, or for people who only love pretty florals, summery citruses etc…

I'll just agree with all of the good things that have been said about this fragrance in other reviews.

A very special, sensual scent that makes me smile with pleasure.

Roge' - well said, below, sir!

Kindest regards,
Martin

Roge'
Roge'

Alpha male Oud. This has a retro old school ”Fight the Power" leather vibe. 1960's earthiness with smoke filled to the brim. Jasmine is unnecessary here as it doesn't lend any value. Oud cloaks the burgeoning sweet aromas of labdanum and balsams preventing the composition from becoming some sort of sweet sauce. A lordly staunch oriental that is unapologetically woody guaranteed to reach a new crowd with the right marketing.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

This to me, Oud Imperial smells like waking up in the morning after hanging out with friends by the fire. Minus the hangover, beer, and whiskey smell of course. The only difference is this bonfire was at an eccentric millionaires house, using black wood, incense, and of course Oud wood embers smoldering on the edges giving off its raw acquired animalic smell, which sends the faint of heart running back in their homes, while leaving the select few in a deep state of relaxation and zen.

This is a hardcore fragrance as well as the other four original offerings from this house, Essence of Patchouli being the heaviest hitter I've worn to date. Oud Imperial starts with a smokey black wood, laced with dry incense as well as patchouli, and a light offering of caraway and saffron. The other notes listed above seem non existent to my nose with the exception of an extremely dry sandalwood at least 4-5 hours into the dry down. The Oud is blended at this point and almost somewhat masked until the hour passes when it starts to become very clear what you've gotten yourself into. The Oud then progressively dominates the entire experience however not all at once. Very slowly over the course of about 6-8 hours. I smell the saffron after the first hour stand out more then slowly fades leaving just a sandalwood/incense type Oud which becomes more of a skin scent that lasts into the morning hours, and I'm talking about a light application here. This is some serious quality juice that lasts even on the most scent devouring skin, such as my own. A heavier application/layering could linger for 20+ hours easy.

I own two bottles of this outstanding juice, the gold bottle as well as the newer black bottle which compliments my other black bottles extremely well.

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

I like this one. Very dark and very rich compared to Perris' Bois d‘Oud. This goes on bitter with a scent that recalls artists' oils. For something called Oud Imperial, I get more cedar from this than any other wood note. As for the comparisons to M7, I don't see it. There's almost no sweetness here; it's spicy but not overwhelmingly so. One tiny disappointment for me was that the incense notes weren't a bit heavier...but this is addictive.

jubal
jubal

So I keep reading that this is very like M7 or one of its flankers so I tried a spray of M7 Oud Absolu on one arm and Oud Imperial on the other. The difference was striking. The M7 smelled lighter, sweeter and had a distinctly synthetic note to it. It thankfully only lasted a few hours.

Oud Imperial obviously uses much better ingredients. It was darker, deeper and totally intoxicating. Now the next day it still whispers its mystery.

Just bought fb of it. Almost as good as Mona's oud.

zakkarah
zakkarah

I
JUST
ADORE
THIS!!!!

Just wish I could afford a full bottle...well...I will
have to guard my little vial carefully...:-)

Regards
Matz
Stockholm

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

i don't like this i dont smell any aoud in it its more incentrated into patchouly and incense it doesnt deserve any attention because imho you can find better things cheaper than this go for patchouli leaves or black aoud by montale

6.5/10

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

It was love at first sniff ! I have tried several oud scents already : from watered-down ones to Black Aoud by Montale (which I like a lot). Some have given me headaches, others were boring.
This one, however, is one of those that burn themselves into the memory.
What I love about "Oud Imperial" : it is not medicinal, it is an overall soft and slightly herbal oud scent. No rose, no saffron (at least not on me), this is something new for a change.
Some write that it is caraway that brings the herbal vibe. OK with me, I like caraway. Sandalwood is noticeable, very soft and lingering. No one-note show, here we have a team where all notes take their place and create a noble union.
OI is pretty much unsweet. Sillage is medium but nonetheless a spicy wonderful cloud will surround you. I am very comfortable with OI. I find it cuddly yet defined and refined. Spices, herbs and the woods are beautifully blended and the longevity is excellent. Yes, it has a rather masculine undertone but not butch, you can pull this one off as a female given you have a taste for an "unloud" oud scent.
The woods smell charred, similar to a smoldering campfire but pleasantly dosed. OI also feels comforting to me. An aura of serene calmness and wisdom, as one would find with one´s grandfather. I wonder if my granddad had liked OI, he was a pipe smoker. When I smell OI his image comes to my mind.
Will I get a full bottle of Oud Imperial ? Yes. Yes. Yes. This one stands out from the now confusing variety of oud scents both traditional and trendy.