Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Rose de Taif Perris Monte Carlo for women and men

Rose de Taif Perris Monte Carlo for women and men
dislike

herbal

Rose de Taif, presented in 2013, is a fragrance of rose oil from Taif. Top notes: lemon, nutmeg and geranium. Heart: Arab Taif rose. Base: Damascus rose and musk. Available as 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

The nose behind this fragrance is Luca Maffei.

Nutmeg Lemon Geranium

Taif Rose

Damask Rose Musk

Miss Charming
Stella

Rose de Taif Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Wow realistic Rose de Taif, a Persian Oriental rose. I smell the spicy notes of nutmeg as it opens along with citrus and the geranium. For the most part it's a rose scent but this is not a girly rose, not a candied rose not a fruited rose or shampoo rose or soapy rose. It's a strong masculine rose with musk. There is enough musk to give it a depth and complexity. It smells the way I imagine a young prince from ancient Baghdad would have smelled like after scenting his hair and clothes with this fragrance. An evening cologne for sure, very sexy and formal, aromatic and elegant. It has a very long life as most musky scents have and wears better in the winter time. I bought one for myself and one for a male friend of mine who loves musky scents. This kind of perfume makes me sigh in relief that perfumers out there still know how to produce a good fragrance. Luxurious and smells expensive.This is a fragrance for both women and men although I find it more masculine than feminine. Even so amazing and beautiful fragrance.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Rose de Taif is a pure rose fragrance. At first spray you get a full blast of pure rose. Then as it dries down you get the geranium and some spiciness. The rose shines throughout the day in this fragrance. I was walking up a flight of stairs this morning and the lady behind me said "I wish the stairs were longer, so I could smell you more." She loved it and when I told her it was "unisex" she asked for the name. Rose de Taif is beautifully put together and lasts and lasts.

Kanz Oman

Well it definitely would smell purely ِِArabian, that's why it's called Rose de Taif "ورد طائفي" Taif rose grows in Saudi Arabia besides Taif is an area about 80 KM away from Macca in Saudi Arabia.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

Sorry to write a bad review but I expected fresh pink roses but this is more of an arabian rose mixed with what smells like pepper. I don't like it.

Kanz Oman

Starts up so sharp, give it 15 mins & you'll smell nothing but pure sweet rose. Perfectly blends with pure oud oil (dahn oud) ,stays whole day on my cloths .. Suitable for those who want pure rose scent.

rum
rum

As Perris Monte Carlo, is a brand I would normally associate with bling (given the all-gold packaging), this isn't normally the sort of brand I would have even sampled. But having recently read about the Taif rose, I was intrigued and gave it a go.

Rose de Taif in all its simplicity is a rose scent like so many others. Except that this one is so much more. Admitedly the opening seems quite harsh - the lemon/bergamot appear quite medicinal and out of place - yet given time, the rose begins to exude its gloriously sweet (but not gourmand by any means), incensy, dry and resinous composition, caused by the luscious musks in the base and spiced very delicately with the nutmeg. Geranium is listed in the notes pyramid, but its role is very much subdued here - like the disruptive child in the classroom that always sits at the back of the class. The base is wonderfully put together, keeping the rose sweet, woody, resinous and yet still manages to stay strong throughout.

The rose itself isn't very green at all (contract this with Diptyque's L'Ombre Dans L'Eau). I'd say this fragrance compares with a geranium-starved Czech & Speake No. 88. Although, legendary as that fragrance is, there are no associations here with Turkish delight or any other similar rose-scented Middle Eastern drinks or confectionary. The rose is really quite bold, dry, slightly darkened, very delicately sweetened and incredibly bright and strong throughout the scent's progression to the point that one could mistake this fragrance for an Amouage creation.

The scent leaves a very hard and unmistakable trail in the extreme dry down - I can smell it quite vividly on clothes days after application. Rose de Taif (perhaps accenuated by the musks) is a chypre-like quality, meaning this is essentially a floral-chypre.

Superbly put together and worth a full bottle if you are a rose lover.

Carnation
Carnation

Okay. Now this fragrance is pulling a trump card. It has gone beyond the lemony opening (although remnants remain) and has morphed into this spicy,smoky rose with some pretty good projection.
This perfume is full of surprises!

pierrecason
pierrecason

this toilet rose drawn in a bucketfull of chemical musks, actually burnt my nose. to quote Colin, at some point it becomes a mosquito repellent. This is as awful as Montale's Attar. stick to YSL Paris.

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

This is such a rose! I am a rose lover, & this one takes it to the next level. It is like entering the heart of the rose coloured by the Nightingales' blood.

Ferrogamo2015
Ferrogamo2015

wow amazing juice in the openning i get a lot of citrus ,special lemon with rose the dry down is powdery floral with little nugmet and musk !!this fragrance is very sophisticated and unique as the same time ..definitely unisex.
smell 10/10
longevity excellent
versatile 8.5/10
sillage 8.5/10
overall 9/10

magda14012
magda14012

On me it is a soliflore. Fresh, crispy, juicy rose. At the beginning it is a little bit sour. Later develops absolutely wonderful, round and classy. As if you entered a beautiful rose garden. Lasts for ages

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

I don’t get the enthusiasm about Rose de Taif. And I had some kind of expectations about this, as apparently this is the first Perris Monte Carlo scent which is not a mere rebranding - and repricing - of an Alyssa Ashley scent (not that they rip them off, eh – it’s simply the same company). And although I am not the finest connoisseur of roses around, I do like the rose note quite often. I’ve even some drops of an Arabian ta’if rose oil at home, so I have a rough idea of how this rose smells. Well anyway, honestly Rose de Taif was so depressing instead. To my evidently disfunctioning nose it opens and stays as a tacky, clumsy, loud, unnecessarily powerful and incredibly annoying proper scrubber which smells more of, simply put, a blast of geraniol and citral, or anyway, of a floor cleaner scented with rose, geranium and citrus. Gallons of these. So chemical and harsh. A floor cleaner or a mosquito repellent, you choose. Either way, something I wouldn’t really want to wear unless I want to keep mosquitos away. I don’t question the fact this contains real rose extracts: if it does, it’s just criminal to waste them like this. Or anyway, whatever this contains, the smell is just... bad, for me.

roseombre
roseombre

I love pure rose smell. I used to wear Tea Rose for that romantic freshness so Liberty and "Elfy".

Here there is a pure red rose, dark bitter smell, I had 1 ml (paid a fortune) of the absolute of rosa damascena. And Rose de Taif is so close to that.

I have a small vial of RdT but I took some months to fully understand this fragrance. To accept that I mean. Pure rose smell always make me think to a Demake-up. And this fragrance in winter is not totally appreciable. cause it is a cold scent. In summer and spring, or sunny days in autumn is perfect. Not at night time I presume.

I think this can be the real "rose for man" fragrance without be too feminine. Because of the strong geranium I think. This geranium and lemon side make this fragrance a bit of bug spray (I always wonder if people around me is thinking there is a mosquito's candle lighted somewhere in a corner), but this side in some way is needed to keep the fragrance dark bitter and serious aspect and avoid the suffocating or sweet and annoying side of the traditional rose perfumes.

I don't think despite the price you can find pure oil rose inside this because the durability of this creation is so long lasting (the day after) that the final price would be scandalous (now is around 140/160 euros x 100ml).

But I really like this scent.
Intriguing.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Bitter rose in middle eastern style, extrimly long lasting, can smell it on me a next day. Single note perfume, not complex, but opulent and sexy.

silviaci
silviaci

This is a real, fresh, citrusy rose. So citrusy, in fact, that it reminds me of citronella wax candles they use in gardens to fend off mosquitoes.
If it wasn't for that association, which makes it a bit uncomfortable for me, I'd say it's a great precious rose: even better than Ormonde Jayne's Ta'If, where the gorgeous rose is somewhat drowned in excess pepper to ruin the authenticity.

Roge'
Roge'

*Sniffing my arm repeatedly*..."Oh i get it, this is a habit." Just thought I'd join the parade and echo the sentiments of my Fragrantica contemporaries. Rose de Taif is the real deal. This has what I call sneaky sillage. I couldn't detect the fragrance after 4 hours but a co worker of mine followed me around the facility to give praise to the scent. Being stalked is the best co-sign one could ever receive(fragrantically speaking). Accords appearing in this order: Rosy, Sour, Green, Powdery then Herbal.

abmr999
abmr999

This Rose de Taif is the best perfume rose in the world relative to the nature of the components

Longevity on the skin and clothing very cool, and around me who feel the scent
I loved it

This is a great rose of Middle East type with many other things going on. The quality here is far superior to most things smelled around. I wore Ambre Gris for a while because I had a sample and was amazed at the quality of these perfumes. Rose de Taif as a concept is another "classic" of eastern perfumery, but it's not that simple.
I tried a few times from tester and I enjoyed every second of this perfume on my skin.

yvashche
yvashche

I have been on the hunt for this one for some time. Ebay sells samples and larger sizes of all the scents of this beautiful new brand, but not Taif Rose. I was at Neiman Marcus about to buy something I didn't really love when at the last moment, I spotted this lovely bottle. By chance, they had just gotten a few bottles. The rep only left Imperial Oud and Rose de Taif and I am happy to say both are extremely high quality. I immediately fell in love with Taif, but thought it might be too fresh for me, almost a soliflore. I bought it anyway because of the limited availability. When I finally wore it the whole day, I was astounded. It's not a simple rose: the geranium and lemon are there, the rose is fresh and vibrant, but something develops that becomes airy and a bit spicy, just a bit. Spray sparingly and enjoy all day in warm weather. If you happen to be in the Dallas area, there are a few bottles left at the NorthPark NM.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

It would have been a wonderful full blown rose fragrance had there not been so much geranium in it. The rose absolute in this perfume is great though. Maybe someone in the mood for spicy roses could appreciate it more. (The drydown is better, more mellow and sensual.)

kl99
kl99

Altolhough I can strongly notice the deep and bitter fragrance of the absolut of damask rose, like la fille de (lutens) Berlin, this fragrance has a tendency to veer too much to a geranium/citronella oil (cymbopogon nardus) that make me think so much to those natural repellent products vs mosquitos.
But anyway I find it nice. Invigorating. Expecially in the summer, and if you don't like unexpected bites:that's perfect!
Longevity and sillage are enormous expecially on clothes.

P.S.: Eureka. It smell like the leafs of the pelargonium capitanum. And Palmarosa also (cymbopogon martini).

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perris Monte Carlo Rose de Taif fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Perris Monte Carlo Rose de Taif, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rose de Taif by Perris Monte Carlo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rose de Taif by Perris Monte Carlo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.