Designers » N-Q » « Groups

360° White for Men Perry Ellis for men

360° White for Men Perry Ellis for men
dislike

360° White for Men by Perry Ellis is a fragrance for men. 360° White for Men was launched in 2005. Top notes are lime, bergamot and cardamom; middle notes are orange blossom, orris root and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are tonka bean, vanilla, cedar and white musk.

Lime Bergamot Cardamom

Performance

360° White for Men Fragrance Reviews

tony5596
tony5596

When i first tried this fragrance, the smell was a bit odd for me only because i was only use to those typical citrus/woody colognes so this was very new for me. When i sprayed it on, it appeared weak to me. it smelled nice but after a few minutes i couldn't smell it anymore so i let it collect dust for a few weeks and finally decided to put it on for work in the morning and i sprayed a little bit more than usual so that it'll last and i put my jacket on and left. Once i arrived at work and took off my jacket, the strong smell of vanilla and cardamom smacked me dead in the face and it was so strong and i know my co-workers could smell it too and once i got a chance to smell the dry down, i fell in love with this fragrance and it became one of my favorites and it encouraged me to expand my horizons and try more different fragrances and I've worn fragrances that I'd never in a million years would've worn if i didn't blind buy 360 white.

camposg
camposg

This smells more like le male than le male smells like it's old self. It's not as powdery as people claim, the vanilla is very well blended and not a bomb. It's not as strong as I was hoping. PE Red is strong and I was hoping for the same. Bypass le Male as it is pure garbage now and buy this although not a clone it's closer and way better than Cuba gold. It's a powdery vanilla stick that is it.

bigbz
bigbz

Just got my hands on a sample after all these years.

Yeah, it's definitely along the same lines...but this one is sweeter, more powdery and to my nose a good bit different from the JPG creation. Not as in your face as LeMale,(well at least the bottle from '07 that I had, which was still nuclear at that point)but seems to last pretty well. More testing to be done, but really a nice cheapie that I'm glad to have FINALLY tried after all this time.

braegann
braegann

Honestly, when I first sprayed this on, I thought it was way too feminine, way too powdery, and just too much for me. But as the day went on, the fragrance really grew on me. It is very powdery, so I do not recommend this for very manly men, or older men. I can wear it as a 5 foot 6 in. guy in high school. It does have a similar vibe to le male, but it is not a clone. I personally like le male a little better, mostly for performance.

Longevity: 6

Sillage: 7

Projection: 7

Scent: 6

Dirt Dog
Dirt Dog

360 White is a bowl of cream of wheat.

Right now, its probably impossible to talk about white without a mention of Le Male. I find white to be a bit more powdery, less sharp and minty, and a bit more refined. In the past I would have said that I like White better and maybe I still do as it has smoothed out the lavender a bit better but this year I have been trying harder to learn to like lavender and I have respect and appreciation for what Le Male meant to the industry.

Performance is good. I expect 8 hours and White does it easily. White is an all season scent and seems to give you a bit more in summer but holds a steady 8 in winter.

Usage for White for me has been heavy. It might have been one of my top 10 scents each of the last 3 years. I used to use it more in spring and fall but now I think that it works best as a winter scent. I have mixed feelings about its reaction to perspiration. Powdery scents capture and hold perspiration well but sometimes I am less fond of how White transitions when it does. It works but there are others that work better. A lot of your opinion of this fragrance might revolve around how much you plan to sweat into it but in winter you will not have this problem. I consider my bottle of Le Male to be my back up to White. I mistakenly bought a 2nd bottle of White when I clicked on the wrong product to order. I like all of these well enough to know that I will use them up but I will not order more.

Overall, I am going to grade this one out at 75. It gets a solid C and lands right in the average category. But I could easily give this 5-10 points improved grade except for Le Male. This grade of 75 is a rare bell curve grade. Le Male Vintage is the student that is spiking the curve and at the top of the bell but that one is going to graduate early and leave. Le Male (reformulation) is terrible, not worth buying and sits in the corner with a dunce cap and is a half step away from suspension from school. I currently would grade White somewhere in the middle but once Vintage starts to disappear, White will move to the head of the class and should get a better grade than it would today.

Le Male was one of the best and most popular fragrances of the late 90s and 2000s. There were millions of bottles sold and right now you can buy vintage easily new or used on ebay and some perfume websites list SKUs and you can look up the manufacture date and find a bottle that is vintage. The new version was absolutely killed by the reformulation and new IFRA expectations and you can see the prices for it dropping, fragrantica ratings falling, and disappointed reviews. If you can get an older vintage bottle then you will have something special and it is worth the try. As of today, White is graded at 4.01 by Fragrantica readers and Le male at 3.69. This is because of the reformulation and I wave and smile at the wisdom of other users of this site and think they are on the right track with the ratings here.

Still, this is a review about White. And White is a fine product. I do not really consider it a clone because it is different enough to stand on its own two feet. But the vanilla, tonka, orange blossom, cardamon, and bergamot in each is going to invite similarities. Le Male veers off into sharper lavender territory and White stays with softer powder. You grade each by what it brings to the table and White will be similar enough to remind people of Le Male but will submit its own resume for consideration. I think in 5 years, people are going to look around and see Vintage Le Male at $200, choose this one instead, and will appreciate it a lot more than maybe they do now.

My mother used to make us cream of wheat and she would put cream and butter, spices and sugar and sometimes bananas in it and it was fabulous. Still we did not appreciate it much. I am trying to reduce my wheat consumption but I sort of miss those old breakfasts and watching her stir the pot with her smile and wooden spoon. Shes gone now, and I haven't had cream of wheat since she passed. She would spice, swirl and smile as I would read the funnies and Dad would do a crossword. And I do not know how to recreate what she did. I think that White will be a future memory that we appreciate better than right now. In 2025, I will put it on and smile and say this is what a lot of people smelled like in 2005. Remember when European fragrances used to be good ? I would buy the classic today and White in the future and let the reformulations rot. Today, Cream of Wheat is a breakfast that was warm and fuzzy and I enjoyed in the past. And someday, I might have a big steaming white bowl of it again. But not right now. Right now, it lives best in memory. But it comforts me that it is still on the shelf. And in the future, I will have it again someday with a bit of tear and smile.

wh1msydevIant
wh1msydevIant

A Le Male clone that is nearly as good as the vintage Le Male. Better than any Le Male reformulations though.

WayneDN
WayneDN

Just love this cologne. Actually bought it on a blind buy from reading about it. Can't beat the price.

theabsolutist
theabsolutist

I get the same mint effect I get from the opening of Le Male but it's less synthetic and seems lighter and resting on more floral foundations with citrus cracking through every now and then. This is fluffy like clouds in the sky. Very pleasing. Very light and airy. Doesn't have the heaviness of a lot of orientals, which makes it suitable to wear late into spring. Also doesn't have the originality or daring in your face qualities of Le Male, it's extremely subdued even if you spray liberally. I get a heavy dose of orange blossom and vanilla right off the bat with traceable hints of citrus and cardamom. There's a lot of mint here but it isn't listed under the pyramid, but those are not always forthright when coming from the manufacturer.
There's no evolution to a heart section. This is rather linear and stays moderately soft and sweet vanilla with orange blossom, citrus and light floral. It changes in the dry-down after three hours into a nice musky vanilla tonka concoction that is really professionally done and has complexity and nuances I didn't expect.
This one takes a few wears to really fully appreciate its complexity, it's extremely underrated and a very nice balance of fresh, spicy, oriental and floral. I get generally about 7-10 hours and sillage is moderate and doesn't fade until the 5 hour mark.

Scent: 8.0/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Sillage: 6.5/10
Creativity: 6/10
Value: 9.5/10

JFrags
JFrags

yum.

sweet floral and soft. ladies can wear this one too.

so subtle and only inoffensive to the people who detest gourmands.

gentle in nature and very likable.

Fate By Number
Fate By Number

I purchased this based on several reviews that it smells like Le Male. I have to agree..only better. To me it smells like Le Male but without so much of the flat rootbeer smell. For the price, its an amazing buy. Very happy with it.
Pros: Smells like Le Male only better, lasts,
Cons: Bottle isnt spectacular but who cares?

jdfarley
jdfarley

I am so glad I bought this cologne for the cooler weather. Yes, 360 Degrees White is a dupe of JPG Le Male, but who cares when its done this well! When I wear 360 Degrees White, I feel like I am being enveloped in a cloud of sweet creamy vanilla. Not the most stereotypically "masculine" fragrance out there, but I've never been one to care about that. I find that two sprays maximum works well for the daytime. That way, I (and I assume others as well) get an occasional whiff this incredible fragrance. I tried three sprays when I first got this cologne, but found it to be way too cloying. Great for fall and winter daily wear, great for whenever! And cheap too. One of the best hidden gems in the bargain category.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Tons of orange blossom and vanilla. A very pleasing scent that has characteristics of Le Male but tamed down as mentioned. It's a great fragrance to wear all year round in the same sense as Chanel Allure Blanche. I am not saying they are similar but simply can be worn all 4 seasons by male or female. Perry Ellis makes great copies at very affordable prices. 360 Red,Black and Portfolio Green are copies of other " POPULAR" scents as well. I have had at least 5 bottles of this since it came out, some for personal use and some as gifts. This and 360 Red will forever be in my collection. Ladies, please try it as well!

clausa
clausa

receive many compliments delicious perfume lasts a very long time for my taste is very clean unisex scent

kanak
kanak

I have an older bottle of Le Male and I love it. 360 white is a crude version which takes the powdery part of Le Male and amplifies it. To my nose there is hardly any note progression, just one big powdery vanilla blob. that said, with small applications it is not too shabby. Le male is one of Francis Kurkdjian's masterpieces and if you get a vintage bottle of it, you will know what the fuss is all about. 360 white is nowhere as refined. It costs about a quarter of Le male and you get pretty much what you pay for. longevity and projection are pretty good. try before you buy.

wellshrink
wellshrink

Absolutely horrible! This scent smells like a scented toilet paper or tissue. If you want to smell like a Kleenex box than this is for you. The only way to describe any of its notes is powdery, more powdery and even more powdery. It has no depth, no subtetly, no mix of elements. It is flat and strong and cloying. I cannot believe that I purchased this fragrance based on the reviews I read here when, in fact, it is exactly like scented toilet tissue. Cannot express how incredulous I am that Perry Ellis thought they could market this as a modern male scent. Maybe someone's grandmother might smell this way, but, if so, they wouldn't want to spend time in her company.

eshauls11
eshauls11

this stuff is awful for me. smells like le male gone rotten. Overly powdery and even the vanilla is hard to get out of the far too thick powdery note. Reminds me of diapers straight out of the box.

Odiee99
Odiee99

This is a beautiful and soft vanilla floral. This is how vanilla should be done. True indeed it shares some of it's character with Le Male, but 360 White is soft spoken and clean, while Le Male is loud and dirty. I definitely prefer this to Le Male. This could definitely be considered unisex. I don't think you can go wrong with this one.

soned
soned

Perry Ellis has some very good fragances, including this one, Black and M (which is my favorite). All of them at incredible very affordable prices. White is very similar to Le Male, except on the top notes. To me, Le Male is more fresh, and this one more floral. The truth is, the dry down of both are 98% identical. Longevity and sillage on White is less intensive, sure, but White is much more versatile, you can wear it day or night, independently of temperature.
Which one I prefer.....White, just because it gives you more bang for the buck. Now the bottom line, get CH 212 Sexy instead, which is a perfect mix of Le Male and Armani Code, more mature than these two by far, more seductive, and with less projection but same longevity.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Le Male toned down and more synthetic leaning without the cinnamon, mint and lavender and holding its identity more in the middle notes and strong reliance on the vanilla. The citric elements listed in the top notes never really reveal themselves, this explodes into a vanilla and floral powder bomb quickly and stays linear throughout. In PE 360 the lilies of the valley and orange blossom echo the loudest and give it a more floral and lighter quality than Le Male. Le Male suffers a bit from being too heavy on the cinnamon and lavender for a powder fragrance and in this respect the lightness of Perry Ellis 360 White does work to its advantage. Still, Le Male is far more impressive and better constructed and layered. The dry down is less balanced, with a heavier reliance on the vanilla and thinner cedar than Le Male, which holds a deeper bass with the sandalwood and amber.
Still, this is a credible adaptation of Gaultier´s Le Male and an affordable alternative for those not willing to pay the sometimes exorbitant prices required for fifteen year old designer fragrances. Still, there are better copies of Le Male out there, see the cheaper Cuba Gold or the even lighter and more skin scent leaning Cubano Gold. Both do a better job of recreating the lavender essence of Le Male. Perry Ellis 360 White relies more on the vanilla, cardamom and floral elements in its interpretation Still, this projects fairly well until the 3-4 hour mark and then nestles in to skin scent territory before dying out around the 5-6 hour mark. The drydown is rather bland and can be cloying because of its highly synthetic construction and gaudy vanilla that dominates the cedar where in Le Male the amber and sandalwood provide more balance for the vanilla.
A very respectable and enjoyable fragrance never-the-less.

Originality */ Scent ***/ Blending *** / Projection ****/ Longevity ****/ Quality ****
Overall 3.25

Chris72
Chris72

I have used this cologne for over 2 years, and it is how some on here describe it, a clone of Le Male. Having said that (and having owned both this & Le Male), I have nothing but good things to say about 360, its a very good fragance, a cheaper alternative to Le Male, but IMO Le Male is more subtle, and better. But don't get me wrong, 360 will get the job done :)

yilmazg
yilmazg

This is a great fragrance. Spicy, floral vanilla. This is not a copy of le male. No cloying minty smell in this one. You can smell the heavenly flowers blended with the lovely vanilla. Yes it is similar to Le Male but 360 white is much more straight forward and subtler than Le Male and also more natural smelling. But the floral notes are more dominant in 360 white so to my nose it is more similar to Fahrenheit 32 than to Le male.

Perry Ellis 360 White is a perfecly blended fragrance which can be used in Spring, Autumn or Winter. Just do not use on very hot climate. Too classy to be a casual fragrance

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

A great cheaper alternative to Jean Paul Gaultier. Smells good but of course it is not unique. I would say Perry Ellis as a fragrance house is not unique because they copy other well popular frags, but when they do, they do it well & at a price that can not be beat.

guest_Richard Beausejour
guest_Richard Beausejour

Allo a tous, 360o de Perry Ellis, est l'un des meilleurs parfums de ce monde, I like it. Li bon tout bon (haitian creole)

varondandy
varondandy

similar to jpg le male,only creamier and warmer.not expensive. give it a try and see,i like and so does the mrs.ciao!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

The first thing that registers is, Jean Paul Gaultier. A cross between le male and Jean Paul Summer. I'd consider 360 White for Men to be somewhat of a "leger" version. Relates more to Fleur du Male's drydown. "Fleur du Male Leger." If we're going to hand this over to Jean Paul, we should at least give it its own name. In comparison, 360W is not as sweet, and lacking that spicy edge. Smooth and straightforward.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

If you like Le Male by Gaultier, you'll like this, although not in initial application. This is a strange cologne "clone" of Le Male - it smells cheap and very strange at first, then in five or ten minutes dries down to an almost perfect imitation of the famous $80 sailor suit. Not my thing, but I can see this being a cost effective substitute for Gaultier.

HOTRODS BY JP
HOTRODS BY JP

THIS one is a keeper,if you like jean paul le male you will love this it smells allmost the same but if you wait you will notice that its not i have both and i smell the diffrence, this is much warmer then le male and cheaper,out in the fragrance wold they have some very exspensive mens cologne with a lot of very complex notes and then you buy them thinking that because you spnt big money on them that it going to smell great you get home and,oh my god you feel you got rippedoff im so glad that i have found this one very warm sweet smell not over the top this is a great fragrance for men who are super heros, i get many commpliments from men and my wife.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

A very gooood(more subtle) clone Of Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male.

gucci
gucci

this perfume smells good but theres a time when it smells kind of feminine