Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

dislike

marine
salty
Aqua Perry Ellis for men Pictures

Aqua by Perry Ellis is a Aromatic Aquatic fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Aqua was launched in 2012. Top notes are bergamot and lime; middle notes are lavender, coriander and sea water; base notes are woodsy notes, ambergris and musk.

Bergamot Lime

Lavender Coriander Sea water

Woodsy Notes Ambergris Musk

Don Algodon Hombre

Aqua Fragrance Reviews

jdfarley
jdfarley

I got the chance to test Perry Ellis Aqua yesterday, and was actually slightly impressed with the quality of this juice. Definitely better than I was expecting. Smooth aquatic (of course!) with a nice musky base that makes it more masculine and interesting than the typical mainstream fruity/aquatic/summer colognes. Unfortunately, the longevity issues others were talking about are true, but I could smell very faint traces of Aqua about 7-8 hours after I applied it to my wrist. I would never pay full retail price for this stuff, but if I find it at discount stores for $20 or less, I may definitely get a bottle.

ChaoticBliss
ChaoticBliss

I purchased this today for $10 at Ross (1.7 oz bottle). It's a pretty nice fragrance from what I've smelled so far. The bottle, however, is gorgeous. Definitely worth getting if you find it at a good price.

grapho
grapho

this is best aquatic out there, in my opinion, in terms of scent. only problem is longevity and sillage. but scent is awesome. highly recommended

Blowhard69
Blowhard69

The top here is a nice burst of pungent citrus flavor and synthetic oceanic accords. The first 30 minutes Perry Ellis Aqua projects very well and gives off a rather standard aromatic aquatic scent vibe but with a heavier bang of lime and synthetics that works extremely well under the sun in hot weather. The problem is the heart and base really don't have much structure, staying power or substance to them and let the top down between the 1st and 2nd hour when this collapses rather frivolously into a very generic musky woodsy dry down with a hint of synthetic lavender and the leftover residue of oceanic citrus that is fleeting towards the 3 hour mark. Was not impressed at all despite enjoying the top. An alright fragrance for hot weather but after 3 wears I have yet to see the five hour mark on this one and projection after the first half hour with 3 sprays is soft and takes some effort to distinguish, especially so during the dry-down. Can be had on the cheap online and in stores like Kohls with the deodorant stick, but even then you might as well save your money for something that performs better, like Perry Ellis 360 Red which lasts twice as long and has far more complexity and substance to it for a bit lower MSRP (Usually between $15-$25 for a 3.4 oz, $30 for a gift set with body wash and deodorant). Aqua is highly average and undistinguished despite a very promising top.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This is a good cologne. I like the scent and so does my wife. I might have to get this one but SAMs Club had the tester but was sold out. Price was reasonable as well. Great summer scent.

At the very first, it smells as generic as it gets. Very aquatic, cool, and clean just like anything else out there is the same category. However, I find it very aromatically lovely after it settles down on my skin. I still cannot pinpoint exactly why it becomes captivating to me; perhaps the musk and ambergris? Anyway, I never had Perry Ellis before, so I'm glad to be the owner of this.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Be warned, this is extremely synthetic and despite being rather well suited for a warm summer afternoon, there's no real versatility or distinguishing personality about this one that makes it worth your while. Longevity is rather decent at 5-8 hours on average with moderate projection the first hour and a half of wear before receding to a skin scent. When accompanied with the body wash sillge improves to moderate for most of the wear, but the highly synthetic nature of the lavender makes it rather disappointing and destroys the more enjoyable citrus and oceanic top once the middle asserts itself. Simply not worth getting at regular price, use discretion and buy only if heavily discounted as there are far better performing and enjoyable aromatic acquatics on the market for less money that will captivate you far longer.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Very synthetic. I almost get dizzy over smelling it. It is a great scent but unfortunately I am going to have to let my 3.4oz go.
Its a masculine aquatic scent, not too perfumey at all.

Cylore
Cylore

This one doesn't seem all that different from the other aquatics out there, BUT there is one distinction: it is my girlfriend's absolute favorite. We've smelled a ton of designer scents (and a few niche) and this is the one that stuck with her, so I went back and bought it. The open is fresh citrus and after about a minute, there is a salty note that appears (I guess seawater) to give it some depth. There is a little fresh/spicy thing going on along with the seawater note that makes for a pleasant scent. After about an hour, the drydown is very nice, refreshing and cooling for summer. The projection on this one is weak, I used 4 sprays and there wasnt much projection -but the longevity isn't too bad on my skin. After a few hours it turns into a skin scent, but I can still faintly smell it on my arm 13 hours after spraying. So, this one wont be anything special for most people, but if you're looking for a summer aquatic, check this one out.

nando80
nando80

Perry Ellis has had a line of good to great fragrances in the past in my opinion but this one is not in that category.. For this fragrance to have come out this year, it lacks originality as it has very similar notes to aquatic scents that are better, have had their share of success, and have been on the market for years.. I was disappointed with this one and it makes it even worse that it does indeed appear to be weak in production. When I tried it at Macy's it was easily overpowered by other scents.

bay224
bay224

I actually have this for some weeks now. It's a very aquatic smell like the ocean, but it is really really really weak. It will make you think about ocean, at least that is what it did for me. It's not out of the ordinary though, might be just a typical boring aquatic to most people, but i personally prefer aquatics. It has no lasting power, sillage or projection. I unloaded about 10 sprays and no one could smell in a testing and it lasted about 10 minutes. It has a great sprayer to. You can barely smell it when you put it on, You can spray it all day and no one will notice. I don't think it is worth the money even when it goes to discount, it's just way to weak. But maybe it could be my skin and others might have better luck.

Aqua by Perry Ellis 3.29 out of 5 based on 42 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Aqua fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Aqua, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.