Designers » N-Q » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for women

Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for women
dislike

aldehydic

Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Perry Ellis was launched in 1985. Top notes are bergamot, aldehydes, fruity notes, pineapple and violet; middle notes are jasmine, geranium, ylang-ylang, orris root, rose and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are vetiver, musk, sandalwood, oak moss, virginia cedar, amber and civetta.

Bergamot Aldehydes Fruity Notes Pineapple Violet

Jasmine Geranium Ylang-Ylang Orris Root Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber Civetta

Perry Ellis Fragrance Reviews

bridgette
bridgette

Smells like cheap soap with that signature funky smell all Perry Ellis perfumes seem to have. Tried several Perry Ellis scents. Tried them on several different occasions on different spots to make sure my nose wasn't having an off day, but nope, they just smell icky.
Not for me. The do smell a tad better once they have sat on skin for a good while. But the first half hour to hour is just a harsh smell.

athenian
athenian

Got a 1.7 oz pure perfume. This is to die for. I do like the vintage eau de toilette but it doesn't compare to the perfume. Stunning composition.

almarie
almarie

I used to wear this in 1991-1992, when I was 12/13 years old. I adored this scent! It takes me back to those days! Carefree and then some!

missy.miller
missy.miller

THIS! My signature scent in my 20's. People would leave their tables in restaurants to ask what scent I was wearing. It was that intoxicating. I had to give a used bottle to a beautiful male friend so he would stop sniffing me in public. The sillage while vast was reportedly not annoying. When it was discontinued my sister and I bought up every bottle we could get our hands on. I have tried to recreate this scent many times, coming close, but never succeeding. Siiiigh. After a long journey to find another signature scent I capitulated and bought 2 bottles on EBAY. Just the perfect scent for me.

Scout
Scout

Absolute classic. The 80s in all their glory. (and I mean this in a good way. There's a lot of the 80s I don't care if it ever comes back except for a museum).
This is a woman who worked hard for her education and her money and put on those pantyhose and those heavy suits and dammit was going to smell good doing it.
Sweet authority! Now buy me a drink.

I had never heard of this fragrance until recently, when I stumbled across it on line being sold for a song. Being a vintage floral aldehyde and oakmoss lover, I can say this does not disappoint. I was hoping for something resembling some of my old favorites in this category - like Ivoire de Balmain or Paloma Picasso. This doesn't smell like either of these, but it definitely impresses. I am so often disappointed with reformulations of scents in this category, but one sniff of this told me this is the real deal. The oak moss here is genuine, the aldehydes crisp and bright. There is an underlying sweetness to this that I wasn't truly expecting. Not the obvious sweetness as in current scents, but a very subtle fruity sweetness that can go entirely undetected if you are used to smelling the sugary scents of today. This sweetness lends a softness to this scent, and tones down the green that is so prevalent in oak moss perfumes. The civet isn't noticeable on me. This is a blind buy gone right, very right. I adore this.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

i love this the perry ellis i have is this perfume but in a different bottle i love it!

krmarich
krmarich

This forgotten beauty from 1985 harkens back to a time when Perry Ellis was alive and fully in control of his art. He reached out to France to come up with an elaborate fruity floral wonder. It was a cousin to Lauren.

Its very summery-I think of hot July days and picnics at the beach. Aldehydes & grape bubble gum! Cape Cod and mild East Coast sunshine. Of course NYC on hot summer nights. Your date has a very French accent. Violet, rose, iris, jasmine and sandalwood wrapped in rich oakmoss. Oh yes, the civet note was pretty strong. Its was rather sophisticated and exotic for the American market. The bottle is like a fine sculpture!

Like a super nova, it burned bright and disappeared as quickly as it arrived. There are some vintages here and there on the internet. It was never reformulated, so you will get an original beauty. Its worth the effort! Its a far cry from the synthetic waters on the market today from the house posing as Perry Ellis.

Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis 4.43 out of 5 based on 23 ratings and 8 user reviews

PERRY ELLIS NEW for WOMEN by Perry Ellis EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
PERRY ELLIS NEW for WOMEN by Perry Ellis EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Perry Ellis 18 Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Perry Ellis 18 Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
PERRY ELLIS NEW for WOMEN by Perry Ellis SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 3 OZ SHOWER GEL 3 OZ
EDP Mini 3.4oz
PERRY for WOMEN by Perry Ellis SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ SHOWER GEL 3 OZ BODY LOTION 3 OZ EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY .25 OZ MINI
Perry Ellis 18 Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Perry Ellis 18 Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.