Designers » N-Q » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for men

Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for men
dislike

Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for men Pictures Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for men Pictures

Perry Ellis is a new perfume for men, launched in 2008. It is composed of grapefruit, woody accords, resins, iris root, leather and musk. Denis Boudard signs the design.

Leather Musk Orris Root Grapefruit Woodsy Notes resins Amber Patchouli Bergamot Sea Notes Orange Blossom Lavender Rose Violet Cinnamon

Black Walnut

Perry Ellis Fragrance Reviews

waagnes
waagnes

It is very clean, and the relative sharp notes of citrus creates an interesting smell along with the leather tones. I was indeed very sceptical about this fragrance. Although I can understand why people really dislike it, I find it refreshing having something as unique as this scent. It smells like nothing else I have ever smelled. This is probably one of those "love or hate" fragrances that only is successful after the user has tested it on his skin for a while. Like the bottle design very much and the spray mechanism is relatively good. Try it, but DO NOT "blind" buy it.

spankrabbit
spankrabbit

On my skin, Perry Ellis frags are always hit or miss. After falling in love with PE Night I decided to give this one a go...

Miss.

A decent opening of mild citrus, some woody notes and maybe a wee bit of cinnamon. Then the horror begins. This quickly turned into a sour, metallic, wet dog scent. Thankfully the projection and longevity were just as bad; it doesn't last long.

Honorable mention for the bottle design, though.

israelgonzales
israelgonzales

Pros: Lasts 8-10 hrs on my skin.
Has a great opening!

Cons: After a few hours it smells like fish and or old copper ...ARGHH!

robertodoi
robertodoi

Sorry, but wet pennies?? blood?? I know the smell of blood cause I´m physician and this cologne has not any note like blood for sure. I consider it a very good citrus woody leather fragrance, citrus in the opening, woody leather in the middle that finishes with a soft sweet powdery vibe. Projection 6/10. Sillage 6/10. Longevity 7/10. Scent 8/10

Rich28

@ evilspin, when I wrote the review that's all I could think of. Saw a review of PE for men on youtube by redolessence where he did say that ppl compare it to wet pennies or fish. He did also ask viewers to say whether the metallic note might be compared to any other fragrances and he did mention the blood concepts fragrances, so I think our noses are on the money with this one.

evilspin

Rich28, you hit the nail right on the head! It does have a blood kind of smell. At first I kind of smelled a dusty, sap, wet pennies type of smell. Upon reading your review...blood was the other smell that I was trying to figure out what this fragrance reminded me of. Almost like when your done defrosting a steak in its package and you open it and take a whiff. Gross cant see anyone liking this or wanting people to smell this on them.

Such a shame, such luxurious pakaging. I hope they reformulate this and give it a true masculine woodsy leather scent or with a clean bright citrus scent. But please remove that resin and orris root notes!
replace the resin for vanilla and the orris with oud, and the grapefruit with bergamot.

Rich28

This is my review after a first wearing. The fragrance opens up wonderfully giving off a sweet woody somewhat fruity vibe which after a couple minutes dries down to a leathery base that I don't like (I know, I should know better than to buy a frag based solely on the opening).

Maybe I shouldn't blame the leather, but when it dries down that's all I think of, pungent leather. I see why MonarC thinks it smells kinda fishy because it reminded me of salty sea water and not in a good way. Bvlgari aqua marine reminds me of salty sea water done well, this one gets me sea sick.

I also get the iron/metallic smell and this may sound strange but that metallic smell actually reminded me of; hope I don't gross anyone out, but it actually reminded me of the smell of blood...yes, I said blood (all the while I couldn't put my finger on it, but I just did while typing this review). Now for a vampire that may be appealing, but for me it's a huge turn off.

I know that this may sound strange, but somehow that salty/leathery/metallic smell to me, creates a really bloody odor. I'm disappointed since the opening is really good.

If you're interested in getting this fragrance go on and give it a sniff, after all, my experience with this fragrance might be totally different from another person's. First try it on your skin and allow it to get to the leathery dry down before you decide to purchase. Trust me I may have just saved your olfactory senses from a lot of torture.

kenney77
kenney77

Such a great fragrance smells so good but very strong in the opening I love that in a fragrance one of the best from perry ellis

MonarC
MonarC

Just received this frag today. Opening with grapefrueit and wood is pretty nice, but it lasts just few minutes. Then it's completely changed in weird herbal water. Yeah I can smell metal or it's fishy smell?! Well, it's very original.

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

This is a very light scent for a man and I like it. Almost unisex in my opinion. It's clean yet woody. The only problem is it doesn't seem to have as much lasting power. Out of all the other scents I sprayed on the paper at the mall, this one didn't last as long. maybe because it was so light. This could be a good Summer fragrance. Something for a man that doesn't like to smell like a forest. It's a young smell.

evilspin

(revised) so ...I was eager to see what others say about this. I havent seen a positive review on youtube exceot from one asian guy. But Ppl have mentioned the strange musky scent. Let me give everyone an accurate depiction of what this musky drydown smells like..."Wet Pennies". (Yes, as in copper/metals). As fragrances smell different on ppl, I had to try it on people. Tried it on 2 female friends and 5 males. 2 of them were the average male & the other 3 were males with good taste & money. So i wanted to see what all thought.so I sprayed their arms (inner elbow is best for testing). with time it smelled the same on them as on me. Metal! My friends with high end tastes told me pretty much "yuck, I would never wear that. It smells cheap". Upon telling them it was PE & I just wanted an opinion before them knowing the name, they pretty much responded: "that figures!" The girls said the scent went away but smelled cardboard. The other said it smelled like a homeless man. Not good! However I still smelled metal on them....My average male friends didnt mind it. BUT...alas, after some time I asked them to re-smell their arms. & they said: "its not "that" bad, but yeah I see how it does smell like metal, I wouldnt buy it". So there you go! The fragrance is not great. nothing positive was said. I wore it to work once & my boss flat out told me i smelled like bug spray!shes blunt & dramatic sometimes so im not sure if she counts but nonetheless it wasnt positive & shes older so any comment on this fragrance helps to know if its good enough for you. would love to hear others thoughts too.If you want to smell 'different' like metal then go right ahead and buy this. Its inexpensive. If you like strange scents like this or want something similarly strange but gets ACTUAL POSITIVE COMPLIMENTS...get Dior Homme (vanilla with crayon wax smell) and Bvlgari Black (rubber manly smell).

evilspin

I hate to post a negative but I must since all I see are comments saying it smells nice & woodsy. This cologne was such a disappointment & I get no woodsy scent. You want woodsy? Get Terre d'Hermes or Wood by dsquared2. Im not a fan of Perry Ellis I tend to have more obscure, oriental, citrus, woodsy or designer parfums, but one day at Home Goods I came across this Perry Ellis box set for $19. I didn't want to use my good parfums for everyday at work or casual outings so I got this box set. What a great buy for the cologne & aftershave. Man I had to return it even though it was just $19. Because it was one of the worst I ever smelled. I was attracted honestly to the bottles look and then the fact that its Perry Ellis. A name common enough and inexpensive to trust. I generally returned it and at a perfume place I asked to smell it again cause I wondered if the Box set I purchased was just old or expired. But I was wrong, its the actual cologne that is just horrid. Upon the first spray it was a very nice scent and fresh I can live with. You expect the dry down to get better as most colognes do. But upon dry down this cologne doesnt have any frech nor woodsy scent. It just smells like sap, concrete, dust and pennies. Yes you heard right. Pennies. As in a dirty metal type. Only cologne I dont get compliments on and Ive asked people what do you think? And they say dont like nor smell anything. ""meaning they must think the metal type smell is my actual skin scent. Gross. Its too bad cause the first spray is nice and the bottle is very masculine and sexy. I even tried mixing it with other parfums on me to see if I get an amazing concoction but the metal gets stronger and destroys the more high end parfum scents I mix it with. Dont get this if you want an actual good fragrance. Only get it if you are poor & not into spending or want to smell like you been working with old rusty tools.

natefifield
natefifield

Memories of childhood, climbing trees, sap all over my fingers. The scent of freshly cut pine.

Rich, dense, woody, but with a sticky sweetness you can almost taste, like a caramel apple. Home Depot meets Godiva.

Perhaps a bit too evocative, too strong. Not enough subtlety. Turn down the wood a bit, lift up the musk. Yes, wood and resin scents are masculine, but please, a little more moderation.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I have had this fragrance for some time and purchased it from Dillards before I knew about bargain bin shopping and so forth :o( . However for what it was then I am not upset I purchased just realized I could have gotten oh say... Allure Homme, D&G The One, John Varvatos, Prada Amber a Guerlain or Terre D'Hermes (all which are on my wish list for popular fragrances) for the same price LOL! Didn't have a nose then, didn't know colognes then, didn't know there was a such thing as a dry down.

With that said this is still a nice cologne. A blast of Apple and something in the top, then goes sort of woodsy with some aquatic notes, drys down rather quickly to a vanilla leathery smell. Finally asked my coworkers and they all said it was okay but a couple of hugs brought about a "you smell good" response. So overall a good fragrance well worth the $25 you can pay for it now with the after shave (it is at every Marshall's and T.J Maxx I have been in). Actually worth way more than that, so if you want a scent to throw in the rotation for those Tuesday's or Wedensday's then this is it especially in the Spring or Fall, but a decent work scent for the summer, sticks rather close to the skin after a couple of hours, but again a decent and safe smell, even a safer blind buy!

safetyjon
safetyjon

When I first tried this I had to have it. I bought it and used it a few times, and I noticed that I enjoyed it less and less each time. The last time I wore it, the sweet fruity/vanilla notes actually made me sick. It gave me a headache and made me feel very uncomfortable. I had to take a shower to wash it off. I've since given it away. I've never had a reaction like this with any fragrance I have worn. I can't endorse it.

seanchai
seanchai

I got the new Perry Ellis for Christmas, and I'm glad I did. Goes on fresh and citrusy, dries down to really nice notes of leather and sandalwood. It's more woodsy than spicy - the sandalwood is clean and just a little bit sweet, and the leather underneath smells like a really high-end leather jacket, or like leatherbound books. It doesn't have enormous sillage, and if you want to wear it both day and night, you may need to reapply (I get about 7-8 hours out of it)... but, for me, it works anyway, because it's not *meant* to be a "smell you coming, smell you leaving" kind of scent. It's meant to be the kind of scent where someone hugging you or standing next to you thinks you smell nice, and as that, it works perfectly.

jclaxton78
jclaxton78

"Newer is Better", and this is the new reformulated Perry Ellis Cologne.

I first must say that I am primarily concerned with how a cologne smells and how long it lasts, as opposed to how the bottle looks or what the brand name is. I must also say that I am a big fan of most Perry Ellis Colognes. Here's why: most Perry colognes smell great, are affordable, they have fragrances for all occasions & climates, last a long time, they are not as well known and overused as other designer brands. I own Perry 360 Black & 360 White, (both for evening or colder weather) along with 360 Red & Perry Ellis Reserve (for daytime/casual and warmer weather).

I just bought this "New" Perry Ellis. I think this one is smack dab in the middle. It is perfect for anytime because it has citrus and fresh scents with underlying warm inviting notes. It's versatility is amazing and if I had to pick one cologne as a staple this would be it. Wear this one anytime and anywhere. Trust me, buy it. I want this cologne to sell because it is really worth it. A safe bet for anyone because although the smell is not super unique, but it is unique in that a manufacturer makes something that can be worn to work AND in the evening. It evolves like a cologne should. It is a clean scent with notes that are alluring but not trying too hard to be a lady killer (yet it is). Will appeal to the masses and is a scent that you will love, along with the ladies.

I highly recommend all the Perry Ellis colognes I mentioned.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Oh my god! this bottle is filled with a plain water with a little bit tinge of bitter herbs. hardly anyone will be able to notice this fragrance. Very diluted and longevity is extremely poor.
The only good point about it is its bottle which is charming.
Overall i give it 3 out of 10.

guest_alvin fidelson
guest_alvin fidelson

Good smell, hot for men... really nice.

Floritica64
Floritica64

I want this and the model in the picture to bring it to me in a pair of tie-pants with no shirt on! Oops, sorry I got carried away. I wish!

SaintLue
SaintLue

Generaly Im not Very fond of Perry Ellis Fragrances.Funny Because My wife seems to love It on my Me.I bought myself the 360 and than she bought me the 360 black.Which Both Were "Okay".Not My Style But are Okay.This One by far is the best out of the couple I have tried.I Only have samples right now but i want to buy a nice sized bottle.Itll Be a nice add On to any collection.

guest_Jimmy
guest_Jimmy

Just bought this cologne while on vacation. I love it, especially since it isn't too heavy.

seabear
seabear

Used a tester at work today. Almost universally positive feedback from both men and women. I like it too. I'll be getting this one.

slipcat
slipcat

A very disappointing cologne for men. It would probably do well as a women's perfume. It starts out "peppery" and manly enough for the first 30 minutes or so, but after an hour or 2, clearly this leans more to the feminine side. I would say the fragrance is pleasant and soft after an hour or so, but not on a man unless he wishes to feel more feminine. Stick with Armani Code or one of the Bvlgari fragrances and pass this one by.

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

very woodsy but the grapefruit lightens it up...i think of a cedar closet when i smell this

Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis 3.49 out of 5 based on 77 ratings and 25 user reviews

Sample
PERRY BLACK for MEN by Perry Ellis EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
360 Red by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
360 Red by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Gift Set 0.18oz
MENS DESIGNER VARIETY for MEN by MENS DESIGNER VARIETY SET-6 PIECE MINI VARIETY WITH CURVE .18 OZ GREY FLANNEL .5 OZ PASSION .2 OZ PAUL SEBASTIAN .25 OZ PERRY ELLIS 360 .25 OZ WINGS .25 OZ AND ALL ARE MINIS
PERRY for MEN by Perry Ellis EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
PERRY for MEN by Perry Ellis EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Portfolio by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Portfolio by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Portfolio Elite by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Portfolio Elite by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Perry Ellis Reserve Cologne by Perry Ellis, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Perry Ellis 360 Red Cologne by Perry Ellis, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Perry Ellis Reserve Cologne by Perry Ellis - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Portfolio Black by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Portfolio Black by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Perry Black by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Perry Black by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Perry Ellis 360 Cologne by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Perry Ellis 360 Red Cologne by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
360 White by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
360 Black by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
360 Black by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Perry Ellis Perry Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Perry Ellis Perry Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Perry Ellis Reserve Cologne by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Portfolio Elite Cologne by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Portfolio Elite Cologne by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Perry Ellis 360 White Cologne by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Portfolio Black Cologne by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Portfolio Black Cologne by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
PORTFOLIO BLACK for MEN by Perry Ellis EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
PORTFOLIO BLACK for MEN by Perry Ellis EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
360 Red by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
360 Red by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
360 by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
360 by Perry Ellis for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.