Designers » N-Q » Chypre Floral « Groups

Perry Ellis Love Perry Ellis for women

Perry Ellis Love Perry Ellis for women
dislike

Perry Ellis Love Perry Ellis for women Pictures

In March 2011 Perry Ellis launches a new fragrance for women inspired by pure love. Created as 'feminine fusion of freshness and flowers in a sweet sensual embrace'. The fragrance is available in a pink flacon shaped just like Perry Ellis for Women from 2009.

Fragrance Love offers vibrant notes and flirts with our senses from its very beginning. Fresh citrusy notes open the composition along with white pepper accords, announcing a rich floral heart full of femininity. The floral bouquet is composed of rose, plumeria and water lily and rests in the heart of the fragrance. Base notes add a special sweet touch of Madagascar vanilla, along with sugared musk, plum, patchouli and sensual sandalwood.

Top notes: citruses, white pepper
Heart: rose, water lily, frangipani (plumeria)
Base notes: Madagascar vanilla, sugared musk, plum, patchouli and sensual sandalwood

Fragrance Perry Ellis Love is available in a glass flacon colored in pale pink, with luxury golden details. Fans of this edition, can find it as 50 or 100 ml EDT. Year of the edition: 2011.

Citruses Pepper

Coco Mademoiselle Eau de toilette

Perry Ellis Love Fragrance Reviews

Gnocci
Gnocci

In the dry summer air this smells just like Coco Mademoiselle on me, the heat must bring the notes out! Because I bought this in the winter and it smelled more like Chanel Chance, really lovely but more subtle.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Between Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle & Chance (yellow). Great budget wise alternative n good for the office n everyday use!

lushnight
lushnight

Got this with a bunch of other testers, including a couple of other Perry Ellis ones. I tried those first, and decided I didn't care much for PE, so I kept passing this one over until it was the last lonely little vial in the box. Finally, this morning I thought "What the hell, I can smell innocuous today".

But wait, this is not what I was expecting. Almost masculine, pepper, sandalwood, citrus and what is that...patchouli?

Having worn this throughout the day, it has changed my mind about trying other PE scents. It took me a minute to identify the patchouli because it's softer and tamer than a lot of patchoulis, like a field of wildflowers instead of a strangling jungle of vines. After an hour the flowers emerge a little stronger too, turning this into a not quite unisex scent (although I get NO rose, just water lily and frangipani).

It's really quite a nice fragrance and a reminder for me to not judge a perfume by its label.

KellieB
KellieB

Yes it is good. Got a great deal and bought based on the reviews you guys put up here. Thank you, this is one of the best buys I've ever made. Would not even think of trying a Perry Ellis scent. Boy I've changed my mind. It does start off masculine but that quickly gives way to a wonderful scent that is very much feminine without smelling like BBW, no disrespect to BBW. I just don't always want to smell like the applecherrypeachpearstrawberry base they use in most everything. Yay P.E.! Thank you!

My guy friend who HATES patchouli somehow LOVES this perfume lol so this perfume is a miracle worker!

rziotti
rziotti

for me is Very similar with sarah jessica - lovely.
Its good, but very weak...avaliation 6/10.not special

mayaxylena

Even though I used the body lotion too, this perfume just stayed for 5-6 hrs on my skin, then I have to spray again

mayaxylena

This was a blind buy, I bought the gift set that contains a perfume, body lotion and beautiful pearl bracelet :)
And I can say that I've got Love at the first smell with this perfume! This is not bad at all, I'm satisfied.
I agree that this fragrance has masculine scent, but it doesn't make this fragrance categorized for men, that's why this perfume is really unique.
Probably it will be my signature soon :D

nataliebf
nataliebf

I originally tried this based on the reviews I read here. The reviews are SPOT ON and I couldn't be happier with my purchase! It does smell masculine initially but just give it a minute, don't get disappointed. After about 15 minutes or so, the Chanel Chance similarities come shining through. It is extremely similar might I add. This is absolutely lovely, feminine, and smells quite expensive. If you love the original Chanel Chance....you will love this!!!!

I adore it and I will repurchase! Thanks ladies you always steer me in the right direction ;-)

sweetviolet
sweetviolet

I smell citrus and a bit of pepper. LOVE this perfume and it last a long time. It's fresh at the same time sophisticated. You can wear this anytime. It does smell allot like CM. and Chanel Chance. But wow at such an affordable price! Not to flowery at all. It could almost be a unisex scent only it's a bit sweet for that. No this ones for us ladies! Lovely perfume sure to get a comment from this one. Mmmm smells so good!

Mangotea
Mangotea

Right before travelling across the oceans, I was lured into the duty free shop by a dreamy perfume commercial. I walked into the store anticipating the smell of the beautiful images I had just seen, and started sniffing around....I never found what I was looking for but somehow I was led to find "love".
I do admit that it was an impulse purchase. Had I not been in an airport about to board a long flight, i probably would have taken my time to make a more sensible decision and not commit myself so quickly to this one, as some things about it I liked and some I wasnt too sure about. But just as it happens in life, regarding love, I took a chance and made it mine. I wanted to be in love, to feel love...or at least to smell like it :)

Right before I left the store I spritz a bit on my wirst. The lady at the counter said that it smelled nice on me and that it wasn't too strong; this made me feel releived as I didnt want the smell of my love to overwhelm my seatmates in an olfatory version of PDA ;). As I waited on gate 4 I kept smelling my wrist. I was seduced but not totally conviced. As time went by and this perfume merged with my skin, it began loosing the sweet quality of that first smell, suddendly a stronger, more dominant, cooler character was emerging, as if it was showing me its true colors...yet somehow, though it was revealing itself as cool and edgy, it smelled so familiar, so reminscent of an old love....

Coco Mademoiselle! That was it!! It took my nose a while to recollet this memory but onced I got it, I understood the why of my impulse purchase. Coco Mademoiselle is a frustrated love of mine. This perfume came out while I was still a student. I liked it so wildly and passionately any time I smelled it on a store or on passerbys that I had to make it mine. So I saved money for months until I finally got it! I decided to wear it the first time on a special occasion, I was spending the weekend with my then boyfriend and meeting his parents for the first time! Smelling like a Chanel princess would surely ease my nerves, I thought. When we finally arrived and I gave a kiss to his mother...she smelled just like me ;( she even owned the body lotion and bathgel. Making love to my boyfriend while smelling like his mother is not sexy, and disturbing to say the least. So I never opened the bottle of Coco Mademoiselle again but have since found myself gravitating to similar smells, like Miss Dior Cherie-my favorite. Armed with this knowledge, I decided to run a little experiment when I got home from my trip: on different parts of me, I would spray CocoM., Miss Dior and Love and see what happens.

To my nose, at least, they are indeed similar, if they were people they would be first cousins. Related yet uniquely different.
Miss Dior, is infatuation. Its the sweet magic rush when you first really like someone and your feeling is reciprocated. It's the first kiss, the butterflies in the stomach,starry lover's eyes, the long makeout sessions before sex that are replayed in daydreams. Its an overwhelming and sweet intoxication. it is LIMERANCE.
CocoMademoisell, is like being in a relationshi, in the in love beginning stage. It is sweet but balanced, strickingly beautiful yet comforting, stable as it is special, like settling fresly into love.

Perry ellis Love,has the quality of sweat and of saliva.of sex. It is that touch of masculine, dominant, detached coldness that makes a usually good girl appear a bit bipolar but undenaibly sexy. Like if you give the attractive Miss Dior a biker tatoo, runny eye makeup from parting all night and breath of alcohol and cigarettes to match. Or if you dressthe classy mademoiselle of chanel in cheap clear stilettos, heavy make up and racy red undies. You can still reconignize both them, because PE love smells like them, but it's a bit more risque. More like a one night stand than relationship material ;)

The conclusion of my experiment is that "Love" smells more like Lust, a name that I sincerely believe would suit this fragrance better. When I paired it next to my CocoMad which I still have up in a pedestal, and my beloved MissDior which I am enamored of and spray it on my body preciously, I realized that for me Perry Ellis' love would fall into the Friends w benefits category.
I will probably wesr it often the next coyple of months, spraying it liberally all over my body before going out late at night for dancing. I will enjoy it a lot, just as I did today when I wore it. But once the bottle is finished I would not invest more on it. End of affair.

arwen38
arwen38

Received this as a gift. It was still in the box. After I read the reviews and read more about the notes, I decided to open it. What a lovely scent! I did smell the citrusy notes and soft hint of pepper...feminine and soft, perfect for work.

mommaozzy84
mommaozzy84

I smelled this one in a magazine, and I fell in love. To my surprise, I found the 1.7 oz at Ross on clearance for $14.99, and snagged it up right away. When I got home and smelled it, I noticed it was very different from the magazine ad. It starts off sweet and pretty, and dries down to a Coco Mademoiselle type of fragrance. I was shocked, but in a good way! This is a much more affordable fragrance, so I can smell expensive on a budget...lol. Once again, this is not my typical kind of scent, as I normally lean towards fruity floral frags, but this one won me over. :)

barelyreal
barelyreal

I am not fond of overly sweet fragrances, this has such a smooth blend that it does not come off as overly sweet. The initial scent made it seem as this was not going to work for me BUT that wears off quickly and settles into classy feminine frangrance. The dry down does bring Coco Mademoiselle to mind, as some have previously noted, yet much more subdued but still present and long lasting... Great for the office. It will have you basking in its mellow sweetness as you zip through the day. For the price, it can easily become a spring day wear staple.

allunique999
allunique999

If you can't afford Coco Mademoiselle, this fragrance is very close. Medium strength,feminine,elegant,young and classy at the same time. Has a very high acceptance in sales and men seem to love the femininity of its aroma.

meilan28
meilan28

TheLadyApryle

Ross 19.99 for the 1.7 oz. Am LOVING this. Initially I was underwhelmed, frightened by the rose accord , stunned by the aggressiveness of the water lilies..and then 45 minutes in....Miss patchouli announced her presence and all sorts of goodness began. Yes the Coco M similarities are apparent, but I get more of a Varvatos vibe as previously mentioned. the throw is very intimate doesn't project across the room- stays close to the skin , beckoning one closer. The price point was just insane for a fragrance so feminine.

Xyria
Xyria

At first, it smelled pretty plain to me; after a little while it actually started smelling floral-fresh and then...the sweetnes came as a dominating note only to dry down into a light floral scent. It ended up being very femenine, nothing too annoying.

aqua76239
aqua76239

This was a blind buy and I was attracted by its pink pretty bottle. When I first opened the package and sniffed the nozzle, I was surprised to find out that it smelled like men's cologne. I frowned, thinking that it couldn't be because I remembered what notes were supposed to have been in this and it smelled nothing like it. Ok, I sprayed one spray on my hand-very crisp light citrusy men's cologne. Mind you, it smelled nice but not very feminine. I actually had to check the bottle to make sure that I didn't get the men's version.
After a few minutes that citrus mellowes out into a sort of fresh floral that has almost an aquatic feeling. At this point, I was seriously falling in love with it. But about half hour later, it finally gets to the base notes and I realized that it smells familiar. I went on Fragrantica again to look at some reviews-yep, the drydown is a dead ringer for John Varvatos which I also own except Love is a bit fresher. I can see why other reviewers are comparing this to Chance and Coco Madem-I can see the simularities but I think Chance and Coco M have a LOT more patchouli which I really can't stand.
As for Love-I really wish that patchouli wasn't present because I would have liked it so much better without it. Oh, well...Still, I think its a nice scent which I actually like better than John Varvatos. I know its classified as floral chypre but I can safely say that top and middle notes do not resemble chypre scents at the slightest, only the base notes do.
Lasting power is fenomenal-I sprayed it 3 hours ago and its still going strong, with no sign of dissapearing. Must be the patchouli which always lasts a long time on my skin
UPDATE: I think this is one of my top fragrances. I seriously fell in love with it. I never cared for original Coco M but this is aquatic Coco Mademoiselle and I love it!

funcaramelqt
funcaramelqt

Like other reviewers, I thought there was something so familiar about this scent.Well there was because it smells the exact same as my Coco Mademoiselle. To me Chance has a little more citrus notes than this one. I smell mostly the water lillies. If you are on a budget this is a great buy instead of breaking the bank....I purchased mine at Ross for $19.99.

madabrata
madabrata

i can recognize patchouli on a first sniff. yeah, i know for some people it smells masculine, but for me, i can't imagine man wears this kind of flowery patchouli.
But it has zero lasting power on my skin. Better spray on a clothes.

CoriH
CoriH

I know that everyone says it smells like so many other fragarances out there and that may be so but the difference between those and this is that there is something about it that has me head over heels in love with "love". I absolutely without doubt LOVE this perfume. I came across it on a perfume gift hunt one day and it has been addiction ever since. Even with the patchouli the scent is undeniably feminine: sweet, soft, powdery floral, smooth, yet heady and seductive at the same time. It is strong, long lasting and the sillage projects but not more than a person at an arms length or two away. It is just wonderful. I believe I have found my signature scent. This comes highly recommended.

passionata20
passionata20

Great discovery!
I have tested it today and all i can say that this is a COMPLETE copy of Chanel "Chance" (EDT). I just couldn´t belive my nose! I read that some say it is like a Coco Mademoiselle, but it isn´t, it is "Chance", just go and compare both of them in the store! Maybe the smallest nuances are different but actually it IS a cheaper version of Chance! Identical! Lasting power is not that great as of Chance, but lasts for 4-5 ours. Smells really nice of rose and patchouli, with the accents of water lilly and sandalwood. Really really lovely, since i also love "Chance" the original. DO try it if you´re on budget and can´t afford Chanel. Noone would tell a difference!!!

wind83
wind83

i got a sample. 1.6ml, well i can say.
first the citrus i cant smell.. just pepper, middle notes roses, and the pattchouli..
i dont like the pattchouli coz it smell like more masculine, man scent..:p

more strong, than perry ellis 360 or 18. long lasting.
its ok.
i gave it 6/10

9154mf
9154mf

Both the citrus and pepper are soft enough not to annoy me and they stay for quite a while intermingling with the heart notes. I am mostly interested in the base notes of this so I'll see what drydown brings. About half an hour of wearing this and yes I must agree it definitely reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle, maybe just not quite as strong as CM, which I find to be rather strong when I wear it. This sits a little closer to the skin and it's sillage is there but not overwhelming.
So far I can say it is a very feminine scent, with a beautiful youthy classiness about it.

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I smell it today and is better than Perry Ellis, is more strong, very fresh and a little bit sweet.
The drydown reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle...

Lazaro
Lazaro

this perfume is good...no a fabulous thing but still being good.smell like chance of Chanel....

Perry Ellis Love by Perry Ellis 4.08 out of 5 based on 66 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis Love fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis Love, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perry Ellis Love by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perry Ellis Love by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.