Designers » N-Q » « Groups

Perry Ellis m Perry Ellis for men

Perry Ellis m Perry Ellis for men
dislike

cinnamon

Star anise, together with sweet and fresh bergamot, opens the composition of “Perry Ellis m” perfume, that was introduced in 2004. The composition proceeds with notes of cinnamon peel, balm, lily and sage. Warm and powdery trace is felt at the base, thanks to vanilla, bright musk, Tonka Bean, cashmere tree and vetiver. The bottle design follows female f perfume, launched in pair with “Perry Ellis m".

Star Anise Bergamot

Cinnamon Balsam Fir Sage

Tonka Bean Vanilla Cashmere Wood Vetiver White Musk

Allure Pour Homme
Obsession for Men

Perry Ellis m Fragrance Reviews

ssheth92
ssheth92

Blind bought this because Allure by Chanel always seemed like something I would want in my collection/try. But because it is somewhat hard to get at a good price, I just bought this, which I heard smells a lot like it.

When first spraying, you get a blast of this alcohol and synthetic vibe, but shortly after it starts settling in. It gives a warm, spicy, and slightly sweet vibe! Very nice.. perfect for the Fall, but could also work for winter. Reminds me of cozying up and reading a book or cuddling with a girl.

~9/10

lilbit
lilbit

I am a woman who, for certain periods of time, loves to wear men's fragrances. I fell in love with 2 at first smell -- Pi (Givenchy) & Allure (Chanel). M smells like a cross between those two. The first thing my hubby said when I sprayed it was "That smells like my Allure." It really does, but it's slightly sweet, like Pi. I initially thought it also smelled like the old (original) formulation of Obsession for women. Needless to say, this one's a keeper for me & hubby to share.

BeeZo875
BeeZo875

Love this cheapie frag! Bought it based on the comparisons to my all time favorite Chanel Allure Homme. Not gon lie at first I didn't really like it, projection was a lil bit spotty. But as time went on I realized this was just as much a lady killer as the Chanel. Good frag for the money! Actually my wife prefers this over the Chanel.

lovealwaysalisa
lovealwaysalisa

Blind bought this after watching a few reviews on youtube while searching for a gift for my boyfriend. Was going to order it from Amazon but today I saw it for $20 at Ross and had to buy it!(Fate?..lol) As soon as i got in the car with my purchase i had to open and smell it and no lie, my 1st reaction was 2 words out loud...."HELL YEAH". LOL. This smells soooooo goooood. Sexy, seductive, man in a bottle. This is an alluring spicy "I want to eat you" kind of a scent. The cinnamon is not a feminine bakery kind of cinnamon but a spicy almost peppery kind of vibe instead. Think creamy cinnamon latte (but no coffee notes) with a spicy kick. Just Yummy. Perfect for a date night. Men, BUY THIS. Women will love it. I know I do. I'm giving this to my boyfriend for Valentine's Day this year and can't wait to smell this on him. Very sexy fragrance for a man... I'd say best for a man in his later 20's and up.

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

Just bought it! It's awesome! It does smell a lot like Allure Homme! It also has somewhat of a resemblance to La Nuit de L'Homme. It's kinda woody and creamy/sweet. I did get compliments from across the room even though I didn't detect it that well on myself so it's definitely a keeper. This is going to be a scent I wear on summer nights too.
Also, even though it's not listed in the notes, I get some almond out of this. For $19.99 you can't beat it. I'm a customer for life. Thank you Perry Ellis!

Le_mec
Le_mec

Perry Ellis M - A fragrance which is extremely under the radar in the UK as it isn't sold in any high street retailers, this scent is simply amazing! Often compared to the original Chanel Allure, I find this fragrance to be similar in the opening but much better in the dry down. Perry Ellis M opens with clean, spicy, woody notes although I can detect a note giving it a fresh green scent, drying down to give a gourmand-ish vibe with the light vanilla and cinnamon. The scent is powerful but not overbearing and is super unique here in the UK, not only is this a sure "compliment getter", it's also extremely versatile and well suited for situations you may want to be making a solid first impression. The longevity and projection on this are above average so a little goes a long way and although I couldn't smell it myself, I was still receiving compliments 6-7 hours after application. I would be careful with the trigger on this one as it could become very overpowering if oversprayed, a maximum of 3 sprays of this is more than enough. I find Perry Ellis M is able to be dressed up completely as well as being worn casual and for sure is one to stay in my collection for years to come. I'd highly recommend this fragrance if you can get your hands on it and feel it is best for autumn/spring months and especially for summer nights. Now for the rating:

Projection&Sillage: 8/10
Seductiveness: 8.5/10
Compliments: 9/10

Overall: 8.5/10

alexavel
alexavel

i just received mine, in my skin for only 20 mins, i have the same impression as the reviewer right below me, this is charming to my senses, i have vanilla predominant and bergamont .Not as rich as some others more expensive frags but for $20 its a nice blind buy.

i wish to find a frag with the opening of M alone, its wonderful but disappears very quick.

noddoc
noddoc

this Fragrance smells veyr beautiful, is very longlasting, Charming

Casper112
Casper112

When I first smelled it I was like "wow, nice!!!"

It doesn't smell cheap to me at all, and the projection and longevity is very good considering its price.

It's more of a mature scent just like Allure Homme.

The only ugly thing about it is the bottle which looks like a sex toy, but who cares about the bottle...

Sooooo, if you are a mature man looking for an affordable cologne that doesn't smell cheap at all and smells masculine, give it a try!

greggb
greggb

I'll be damned if this isn't some great smelling stuff!

If I were a woman I'd want to eat me up, after telling me to take a shower, because God knows I need one, and as sweet-smelling as Perry Ellis M is, is doesn't disguise the fact that I'm overdue.

But that, my dear friends, is because I worked out today. My car doors were frozen so I had to go to a lot of effort just to get into the POS, and when I finally got in it and got moving, the doors froze again, which meant I had to go to a lot of trouble to get out.

By the time I finally walked into the gym I'd exerted so much energy that I didn't have much left for pumping iron. Until I saw Her, and was revitalized. So I got a good workout in, sweated quite a bit, got back into my car, and drove all over town trying to buy a corndog for my dog. I finally wound up settling for a burrito.

But then I got back, sprayed some Perry Ellis M on, and sat here thoroughly enjoying the smell of myself, only wishing it lasted a little longer, while also knowing that with one or two more drinks, it will last just long enough to see me through today's consciousness.

I really, really do like the smell of this! The smell alone is only beaten by D & G "The One". But it lasts longer, by an hour or so. Which is like saying 2 inches is longer than 1 inch, by 1 inch. If you know what I mean.

What's odd is that Perry Ellis Red lasts a really long time for me, and it's considered to be an aquatic.

Why must one always trade an awesome smell for longevity?

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

1st wearing impression ! In the opening and heart this smells 90% like chanel allure. In the drydown though this smells like a 50/50mix of Chanel allure and MJ Legend. All in all id say I like Allure better but Perry Ellis M does seem to go better with my skin chemistry.

Joeri
Joeri

When sprayed into the air, the opening reminds me a lot of the reformulated Zino, which I used to inject into my car, just to enjoy this rollercoaster of aromas each time I got in.

Sneezie

This is an update. I finally got around to trying this scent and as I said before this is an entirely masculine but sweet scent. It is also a new member of the powerhouse league for me. My initial test was on a white tissue. The scent was noticable but not over whelming in the room for over 12 hours. Noticable when standing within 3 feet for another 4 hours and hand held for another 4 hours.

Next I put on 2 light sprays after shaving and by the time I finished dressing grabbed my essentials and got in the car it had begun to setttle into a terrific mellow scent. 4 complements before getting home late/early. Still on my skin when I woke up. 5 star performance.

The dry down was delicious. Sort of smells like cookies. It really smells like it is from a more expensive house. I got it at Ross in a broken box for $10. Have ordered a gift set for $28. EDT, Balm, deoderant, and sampler for the DOPP kit. If you like a masculine sweet scent and like girls asklng if they can lick your neck you may like this.

arcade_blox
arcade_blox

A medium term between casual and sophisticated. Great smell, an excellent citrus opening, spicy dry-down.

Update: After months using this fragrance, my nose starts to loving it. The opening it's spicy and citrus, but then, the dry-down becomes soft and lovely, with a very balanced notes and well blended ingredients.

Until now, this is the best blind buy i've ever done.

mufasa
mufasa

Guys, this fragrance smells amazing! In my opinion, this doesn't smell like Chanel's Allure Homme, but I can tell you that this smells expensive and upscale if you will. I was pretty hesitant at first to buy this, but I don't regret buying it all! I think that this is the best that Perry Ellis has to offer. Whenever I wear this fragrance, I just feel really good and confident. It's weird because not that many fragrances exude that feeling if confidence. This and Burberry Men are so far my all time favorites! I highly recommend that you buy this! Perfect 10/10!

jimmyo1
jimmyo1

Only a couple of words I can describe this with.... utterly wonderful and totally intoxicating.
Ordered from the US as can't seem to get it here in the UK and well worth the £7 postage as price was ridiculously low too.
8.5/10

Sneezie

I'll leave the scent analysis to those with the nose to do it. I can say that aside from the odd bottle this frag is intirely masculine and pleasantly surprising Warning though, test first. Be careful with the spray this juice stayed on my skin recognizably strong for 24 hour. I just used a mini spray to test on my wrist at 5pm Sat. and I could still smell it the following afternoon. I like and collect the 80's powerhouse frags and this stuff beats them all for longevity.
It's been particularly hot lately so I haven't used it yet but am looking forward using it. Till then I just use a little on my wrist over night. Really very nice. Recommended

The problem with the bottle is it doesn't fit in the space I use to store my treasures so I have to lay it down.

jdfarley
jdfarley

Wow, I'm surprised I haven't worn this one in awhile. This is really nice! Smells like an expensive designer frag, but for pennies. The cinnamon and anise really stand out in this one. Perfect for warm weather evening use, and will definitely garner attention. Be careful, though: This one is really strong! I go for two sprays maximum; any more than that is cloying. I really do need to start wearing this one more often. And here I was looking for a new evening cologne when I already had a nice one all along.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Wow! I recently discovered this terrific smelling fragrance and really like it. It's inexpensive, although smells as good or better than many expensive designer labels, and lasts and projects moderately on my skin. M is a really good scent and is a great bang-for-the-buck purchase...a very strong like.

Update: (12/18/2014) I was in the mood for wearing this one since it has been a number of months since my last wearing. However, I noticed there is now a funky type of smell that I experienced shortly after buying a bottle of Hanae Mori HiM, which smelled great on paper but sour when applied to my skin. I'm not getting this same sour accord with Perry Ellis M. Not happy...I'll have to compare the two and she what they have in common.

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

A Hidden Gem of Fragrance Success!
____________________________________

A wonderful blend of sweetness and woods, and a bit of an underrated secret in the perfume world.
To those who say it resembles Allure, you are partially correct, as it is quite comparative only in the top notes, or within 5-10 minutes of spraying. You get the same spicy woody notes from the get go, but this soon fades down to a warm woodsy with some spices that really give it character.
All in all, this cologne is a great deal for the price, and is frankly better than some of the more high dollar fragrances. If this was made by any other name, you could easily expect a $70-80 price tag set on it.
As is, this one is a definite BUY, since you are getting quality, sophistication, and a mature scent with tones of playfulness within.
This scent lasts for a good 6+ hours on my skin as well, and projects decently for the first 1.5-2 hours. After that, it resigns to a playful skin scent with the original tones.
Spray recommendations: one to the chest, two to the neck, and one to each arm for best projection and enjoyment. One can also be added to the back of the head for better trail and cloud, but it's optional as this one does a decent enough job.

Longevity: 6/10 (6+ hours)
Projection: 6/10
Versatility: 7/10 (Formal/ informal...spring, fall, winter, possibly summer on a cool day)
Smell: 9/10 (Sweet, woodsy, and done right!)

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

One of those classic scent moments that begin in a mediocre fashion only to arrive on a drydown that truly makes you go Mmmmmmmmmm.

All for pennies in comparison to more expensive fragrance out there. For those that are swayed by price as a precursor to quality, I say your belief system is in great danger. The drydown in Perry Ellis M is up there with the best scents to be found anywhere.

A hidden gem. Grab it while you can

trapjaw
trapjaw

If you remember the barber shop scene from Coming to America... yea, that's what it smells like.

omesh17
omesh17

I don't really like it. It smells like exactly the knockoff chanel allure homme sport that I got off of ebay. Its not my type of cologne. I bought the gift set for 30.00. To buy cologne alone was. 29.00 so for a dollar more you get the aftershave, deodorant and the 1OOML bottle. Good deal but not my type of fragrance.

serch
serch

compre perry ellis m , por los buenos comentarios, y no me desepciono, es un gran aroma, para mi abre dulce y fresco, enseguida se instala la canela, posteriormente la vainilla y un tono amaderado, muy recomendable, otoño invierno,buena longevidad y precio excelente.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Purchased today at Ross for $20. I have to say this stuff is amazing! I've been wanting Chanel allure but didn't want to spend a hundred on it. Seen a couple of comparison vids on YouTube and decided to give M a shot, and soooo glad I did! M is basically Allure but instead of the citrus in the opening of a Allure you get dried fruits & M, 15 min into it its identical to Allure but at 1/5 of the PRICE!.. STOKED

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

What a great frag to have in my collection,,got coachhrob to thank for this one, check out his YouTube Chanel.
This is lovely from top to bottom, I almost get a feeling of Burberry London in the mid, but the cinnamon takes back over as the dominant note,with a bit of powder in the dry down.
Great longevity with this and you get a good amount of time to enjoy each stage of the drydown .
Overall this is a great scent if you wanna impress ,,just lovely and I'm gonna wear the death out of his in the fall and winter..8 out of 10,,great stuff..

noor85
noor85

Doesn`t smell like Allure Homme ,there`s no comparison,it`s remember me of old barber shop ,I agree with Rankn504.

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

Oh Perry Ellis. You too humble! It's not just 'm'. But Mmm...mmmMMMMmm...M-Mmm...Ehaaa.

The opening kicks off with two major notes. Star anise on a gorgeous heartwarming cinnamon woody base. When the star anise gets out of the way, we are dealing with an exceptional date fragrance. Also this Mama lasts a long long time. So, you don't need to go to the gents room, and reapply with an emergency vial between main course and dessert. Because dessert, you will get, in one way or another!

For the price , I don't find much motivation to go full on Egoiste (which has a similar vibe). But yeah, bottle design...what's up with that? Is it so people can use it even if they don't have a date? The female version i can understand. But surely not... No, I think I need a REAL date.

aserranocl
aserranocl

No se parece en nada a allure. De hecho es un perfume desagradable del 1 al 10 le doy un 4.

junior halston
junior halston

This is not like Allure Homme but I feel the usage of tonka bean gives it that feel. Think of the scent as a much more spicy Allure with cinnamon and nutmeg. The base is also more dense with vanilla, tonka, and musk.

I don't understand longevity issues others are experiencing here. I get about 10 hours from this scent with good sillage. Very much a fall and winter scent it would be too heavy for warmer months.

n1Musashi
n1Musashi

Vera godo And underrated fragrance! The opening resembles a lot allure homme... But the basenotes isn't as powdery as allure is... Neverthless, a good fragrance with great price (i paid 20 dollars!)

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Nice sweet cinnamon spices this great colonge love it long as the colonge smell good should'nt not matter what others think.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I can see why some people would think it smells similar to allure, which it is definitely in the same class, but I dont think it smells as powdery and elegant as allure does. Terrific stuff though, one of the best from perry ellis hands down. It is straight up cinnamon, vanilla, and sage but I smell tobacco too. Or maybe thats just what the combination of all the notes smells like...really good pipe tobacco. It's dirty and earthy and spicy and smooth all in one. I would definitely recommend it as a fall and winter fragrance. Longevity and sillage are nice too.

Valleboi_a1a
Valleboi_a1a

i knew that this cologne smells similar to 'allure .

Bebop2962
Bebop2962

It doesn't compare very well to Allure Homme. Allure has some fresher notes that aren't included in M.(predominantly that slightly sour, but spicy smell from the ginger note in Allure). I do understand the comparison, though. Perry Ellis M has a moment in the first moments of its dry down in which it's very much like Allure, but that lasts only for a minute or so, and isn't really a fair comparison.

I'm pleasantly surprised by M. I bought it without trying as a replacement for Allure... and it's not.
But I'm not disappointed, though. Not at all. It really is a great scent in its own right. I love that warmth and spiciness cut by some freshness and a bit of sweetness (which is more jasmine than vanilla on my skin). Because of that fresh sweetness, it would work in summer as well (though it's considered more of a winter-scent)

As said before: longevity truly is incredible. It will easily last the day. It would probably last for days, if there wasn't something like personal hygiene to get in its way.

I highly recommend this scent. It is a wonderful scent and although it doesn't compare to Allure, it does truly stand up to it.
Now, knowing all that, consider its price.
Unbelievable.

yilmazg
yilmazg

Simply brilliant. This is textbook example of how cinnamon should be done in a fragrance. Warm, spicy (cinnamon), fresh (star anise, bergamot) and sweet (vanilla). So inviting, captivating even. A great winter fragrance. Sillage is very good, longevity is unbelieveable (12 hours easily). Extremely underrated.

soned
soned

EXTREMELLY UNDERRATED. If you really want to get compliments from the ladies, wear this. It is fresh, sweet and warm, a contradiction itself, beautiful and long lasting.

ausamamira
ausamamira

it starts harsh but quickly the harsh note disappears and the fragrance turns to a sweet very little spicy scent. i dont find it like Allure Homme! Allure Homme is much much better IMO....M still a good fragrance however

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

So I was at a friends house and he showed me his room. I immediately saw this on his counter and jetted to it like I was a dog and PEM was a piece of meat. Oooo cologne! Sniffsniffsniff! Sniff? What the heck?! It smells exactly like Chanel Allure Homme. Like no lie. I was flabbergasted. I wonder how it actually compares...

4xxx4
4xxx4

a really great scent,,, somehow sweet, little citric,, hm,, very sexy

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

very spicy and warm but is decent in itself.

andy
andy

smelled a guy bathed in this at outback where i was working and no matter how strong it was it smelled good. nice spices and this is a perfect sophisticated masculine aroma

Perry Ellis m by Perry Ellis 4.43 out of 5 based on 171 ratings and 42 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis m fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis m, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perry Ellis m by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perry Ellis m by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.