Designers » N-Q » « Groups

Perry Ellis m Perry Ellis for men

Perry Ellis m Perry Ellis for men
dislike

cinnamon

Star anise, together with sweet and fresh bergamot, opens the composition of “Perry Ellis m” perfume, that was introduced in 2004. The composition proceeds with notes of cinnamon peel, balm, lily and sage. Warm and powdery trace is felt at the base, thanks to vanilla, bright musk, Tonka Bean, cashmere tree and vetiver. The bottle design follows female f perfume, launched in pair with “Perry Ellis m".

Star Anise Bergamot

Cinnamon Balsam Fir Sage

Tonka Bean Vanilla Cashmere Wood Vetiver White Musk

Allure Pour Homme

Perry Ellis m Fragrance Reviews

SalouS
SalouS

for me I get cinnamon, vanilla, and vetiver mixed in a good way.

The bottle design is really bad, it is difficult to open the cap.

Good longevity and projection.

When comparing the smell and performance to the price, it is a good purchase.

Overall I do recommend this one.

Merino-Teflon
Merino-Teflon

Blind buy, cheap as chips, first impression: pleasant, mature-ish nutcream, matron. Whoever designed the bottle should be arrested for crimes against people who can see. A little sexy, friendly sexy perhaps, scent-with-benefits, casual.

evergreenmint
evergreenmint

Perry Ellis M smells like sex. It's a very sensual scent that takes you to the bedroom under the sheets. It's very arousing and very pleasurable. Longevity and sillage to me is just average, lasting only 3-5 hours and moderate projection. This is one that I would buy again. 8/10

MrHonest
MrHonest

This is a recent acquisition, after contemplating all of the excellent reviews here and on YouTube.

The reviews are spot on. It's a sweet, delicious cinnamon vanilla creation that's very pleasant in sporadic doses. However, BE CAREFUL not to spray this on your chest since it will give you a headache after a few hours.

If you want to know what the dry-down smells like, go to walmart and pick up a $3 bottle of Original Skin Bracer (green). Put a dab on your wrist and give it 20 minutes. For those that have "M" already, give this a try. The smell is so close that you will laugh. Is this fragrance still worth the money? YES. YES. Oh God YES.

Imagine: Sensual sex in Paris lasting many hours.

Think: Sweet, Refined, Delcious, European, Attractive

Overall: 8/10 - buy it if you want women near you.

Guinea54
Guinea54

I got this in a swap. Its not a bad smelling fragrance.. I guess I can see the comparison to allure homme a little bit. Not exactly the same but has that creamy woody element about it that is in a similar genre. Perry M is a masculine smelling fragrance that has spice with a little sweetness, almost a nutty creamy sweetness. It is a little generic and synthetic smellin and it also reminds me a little of ed hardy man with that creamy, kind of masculine thing going on... Overall I kind of dig this scent. It does have an addictive smell about it even thought it can come off synthetic. Wasn't super impressed at first, but I grew to like this one.

Scent- 4/5
Longevity- 3.5/5 possibly 4 at times
projection- 3.5/5

Overall for price etc. 4/5

Dirt Dog
Dirt Dog

Perry Ellis M will soon be retired for the season. It is a bowl of grits.

A few years ago there was a well regarded youtube reviewer who claimed this was a lady killer and started a very short lived hype train around this fragrance. Others on these boards have reviewed it well. I wont.

M has a hard to open cap and you have to hold the silver rim and pull the plastic cap, or you can wreck your bottle. It doesnt look as good and tower like and elegant as the other Perrys. It starts out with a decent cashmere wood with some cinnamon and then dries to a bland vanilla over 6 hours. I hear lots of people claiming compliments but I've worn it in public frequently without a single one from anybody.

Performance wise, I get about 5 to 6 hours. It is a designer scent but short changes expectations and gives me performance that I would expect from a fragrance of celebrity quality. I hit the bottle for about 3 extra sprays and usually reapply it with booster sprays during the day. I spray it on clothes and it still dies.

Usage wise, I was excited a couple of years ago when I first bought it like I often am when fragrances arrive and I wore it a lot in its purchase beginning period of life and then usage patterns started to trickle down to a far lower pace of pulls. I did double digit wears this season but will admit half of them were gee I want to use this up and get value from the product rather than a preferred fragrance choice. A person could wear this in spring and summer but I have no desire to do so. I will not be purchasing a backup bottle. And when the bottle hits 50%, I will retire it to the memory shelf and most likely declare fair value victory and call it good except for the occasional memory use.

Overall, I am going to grade this one out at 65. It gets a solid D and a passing grade but is below average to me. Everything about this fragrance seems lazy to me and as if it could have been better. Its like one of those kids in high school that turns in an assignment but you know he didn't try hard on it. For scent, it gets a 70 and a C- below average grade. For performance a 70. For value, a 70. I am giving it a 5 point deduction for having a generic cologne smell that permeates the scent life. And I am being kind to not mark it down a couple ticks more for a low functioning cheap bottle design that is hard to open and use. One could make a case for more value because it is affordable, but I am going to retire this thing at the half bottle mark so it does not hold value to me.

Others seem to like this one and I do not. I have quit wearing it to social occasions hoping to get a compliment as I know that I have other fragrances that both others and I seem to like better. This does not seem anywhere near to being in the same ballpark as any Chanel fragrance and I am of moderate opinion of Bleu de Chanel and that one blows this away. Several reviews here compare this to CK One Shock. I own Shock and have reviewed it and find it a much superior fragrance to M. Bogart One Man Show Gold is entirely obviously better than this fragrance in every respect, unless you absolutely need lower sillage and projection, and politeness of low notice scent fade.

The sad part of this review is that I really like Perry Ellis Frags. To the best of my knowledge, I own all of the Perry ball tower fragrances including some fragrantica does not list, and about half the womens ball on towers, and maybe a handful of others. A few years ago, I would have said this was my favorite line. And so far, M is the worst in house.

M is just lazy. It looks lazy. It acts lazy. It smells lazy. And it is just a fragrance that loafs along and gets by on strength of house and respect of sibling. I do not like wearing summer fragrances in winter but if I wasn't trying to get fair use value from my purchased bottle of M; I would rather wear a really good Red in the winter and use extra sprays to make it work out of season than to wear M just because it is a more traditional winter cologne.

There are people here that will tell you everything they ever bought was a masterpiece. I am not one of them. I make mistakes. And this was a mistake, and I am disappointed in it. I will wear this 10 times a year until its half empty and I will get my $25 of value out of it. But I have far better fragrances that I could pull over this one and Shock is but one of them which I mention because of others on these boards offering compare. I guess there are things to like. The cashmere wood is ok. And its nice to have an optimistic outlook. I don't hate it or cringe when I wear M. And its good enough to attract pulls and get a passing grade in a I don't want to flunk you, throw you in the trash, and be done with you sort of way. But its kind of something that I want off of my winter shelf and retired to the memory, and light use cabinet.

Every southerner is supposed to like grits. I eat them and smile at the cook. People take pride in being able to make good grits. I do not buy, make, ask for, reach for, or order grits. And when they are politely served to me, I smile, consume what is given, and count my blessings that I am full. But grits are not my first choice of what I want for breakfast. And when I see a half empty carton of grits on a shelf, I want to throw it away but am a half step too respectful of waste and a world of hunger to do it.

Davan25
Davan25

Nice cheapie smells great gets da compliments. Nice blind buy.

Luciero
Luciero

This is my panty dropper scent, everytime i wear this i get a compliment from my girls like ooeh you smell so goood!

roachburn
roachburn

I get ck shock from this. Nice scent. I don't reach for it much because I have so many other winter bangers but every time I do i love it more than the previous time I wore it. Nice warm spices but longevity is not that great on my skin. At 20 bucks for a 100ml do yourself a favor. And skip the Starbucks and micky d's today and get this instead.

mowgee
mowgee

This was a blind buy and I totally love it. It gets me the compliments and very affordable.

Paganbunion
Paganbunion

It's chanel Allure Homme but at a 5th of the price but twice the longevity. Cost from FragranceX to UK of only £13.75.
Everybody loves the smell of it. Can't go wrong.

Sarwari
Sarwari

Smells similar to Allure Homme with the vanilla and tonka, but it just doesn't have the citrus kick that Allure Homme has which kind of separates the two, nevertheless a great cost effective alternative to Allure Homme

MichelVaillant
MichelVaillant

I do not get much cinnamon from this, but something akin to a fresh tobacco accord. Of course, cinnamon is listed as a note and tobacco is not; so, take my words with a grain of salt.
As far as I can tell, people who like CK One Shock for Men might find this a good choice for fall and winter. It might be a little too sweet and dry for summer. I do not suggest that CK Shock and PE m smell alike, (or even close), but at least for me, they fill similar spots in the rotation. PE m is sweeter, and less tobacco-ey than Shock, and Shock seems to project and last somewhat better than PE m. At any rate, a pretty good choice at current prices (as of December 2015) for people who do not have anything against any of the listed notes.

D.Bglvc
D.Bglvc

I'm not joking saying that Perry Ellis M shares the exact same drydown as Chanel Allure Homme. While Allure Homme is a little more complex because of its fresher opening in comparasion to the harsher opening of M, you simply cannot go wrong with purchasing this one.

M is a little bit on the mature side, but I can see a 18-20 year old rocking this one without a problem. One of the best cheapies in out there in the market today, and a must-buy for all you compliment seekers out there!

Tl;dr:
If you haven't gotten your nose on this or haven't got this one in your collection, then shame on you..

Scent: 8,6/10
Performance: 7/10
Versatility: 7/10

Overall: ☆☆☆☆ out of 5

roll4fun
roll4fun

This is a very good fragrance to get ones cinnamon fix from.
Although "M" isn't going to set the world on fire, I've managed to get 6-8 hours longevity from this, with arm length projection for 4 hours before settling in towards being a skin scent. I've managed several compliments, too.
My only gripes are a weak sprayer, and the cap being a pita to remove. I don't have those gripes with a recent "360 Black" purchase. Still, I would consider making a repeat purchase, especially at the available price point.

imloggedin
imloggedin

It smells exactly like Nautica Competition. The blue bottle from the 90's. That's not a bad thing though as I rather liked that scent. I just picked this up at Ross for $20 as a blind buy and I am not disappointed.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Cinnamon, vanilla, and tonka up front which smells VERY nice....just wish it were stronger in the projection and longevity department. If it were anywhere close to the Thierry Mugler's in this department this would be a real winner. As such, it's just okay for me.

chardee_macdennis
chardee_macdennis

If you're looking for some diversity on a budget, this is another score for Perry Ellis. I had 360 Red in my rotation through the summer, and I can tell that 'm' is going to be a good cheapie ($16!) for the colder months. I can't stress "cold" enough, because I got a bit anxious to try this right when I got it, and it's been unseasonably warm this September. Big mistake. It'll make you gag after a while. Don't even touch this stuff if there's even a threat of the temperatures rising above 70 degrees. Mid 60s and below, or the vanilla and anise can become sickening.

The bergamot and star anise settle down over the first 60-90 mins on my skin, but the anise sticks around as more of a role player in the creamy cinnamon/vanilla vibe that defines this fragrance. I feel like an elegant cinnamon bun with this stuff on me. It's sexy enough for dates or casual nights at the bar, but I suspect it will be diverse enough for daytime use, especially in the winter.

I have received 1 compliment, which is good considering that I've only had a few chances to wear it thus far. Projection isn't beastly, but it seems to leave a nice trail behind. It maintains it's projection for 3-5 hours before settling down for another 2-3 hours. Respectable performance that's on par with what 360 Red gave me over the summer.

The bottle is kinda doofy looking. The sprayer sucks, just like the 360 line. Overall packaging is actually pretty good for the price. Overall I'd say this is a low risk/high reward purchase if you find yourself needing a change-of-pace fragrance as we enter the colder months.

Krill
Krill

I do not understand the references to allure homme. i own both and on me it smells nothing alike,i get a angel men or rochas men smell on my skin from top to bottom. I'm disappointed but if you like those two colognes you will love this. As for complements i got none but i work with alot of younger people in there twentys and they are not fans whatsoever but could just be my skin chemestry.

Smellafella
Smellafella

I dont get alcohol in the opening like one of the comments below states. I get a beautifully warm cinnamon, Star Anise, Tonka Bean, & vanilla from start to finish.

Projects for about 4 hours.

Leaves a good sillage trail.

Lasts 10 hours on my skin.

shravanevana
shravanevana

For the price point and for how good this smells, it is a SIN to not have this in your collection!

smashywollop
smashywollop

SCENT:
-Hour 0 to 2
Cinnamon, star of anise, some alcohol to begin with.

-Hour 3 to 5
Cinnamon, star of anise toned down, some sweet vanilla and a bit of musk

-Hour 6 to 8
Mostly musk, some cinnamon and vanilla.

Although I am a fan of spicy fragrances this one is not impressing me. My problem is that Perry Ellis M's spicy notes smell artificial. When smelled side by side with actually cinnamon and anise they don't smell too much alike.

I am okay with this scent. And I think the last 4 hours smell pretty decent 6/10.

LONGEVITY + PROJECTION: (tested in warm temperature)
-Hour 1 to 3

Skin scent

Good performance 8.5/10

WayneDN
WayneDN

Great scent and price too. Bought this on a blind buy and just love it.

jimmyo1

I have already reviewed this briefly some time ago. And would like to say I haven't reached for this for a long time maybe due to weather or just not feeling it, but decided to give it a whirl today. All those memories of why I liked it so much have come flooding back.
Wonderful juice.
And yes this is much ...Much nicer when applied sparingly as the synthets can be a little harsh but with the right application it is a heavenly concoction.
Love it

racket
racket

Very inexpensive cologne, and it smells amazing. Sprayer kind of sucks and the longevity leaves something to be desired, but you can't go wrong at this price.

deathpill
deathpill

Allure? ammmm... well maybe... similar vibe but different scent. But better in my opinion. Not better if you dig your nose into it or over apply because its very synthetic. But Allure is too powdery to me. Not better performance wise of course thats why you may need a decant. I'd rather people not compare this to Allure Homme though, its different and for the price... man its a no brainer! get online now and buy one!

alxkwst1996
alxkwst1996

A sweet, spicy, sexy aroma. One of my best blind buys this year. A nice fragrance to wear out on a date, for work, and for casual. This does to me shares some similarities with Chanel Allure Homme, mainly the opening. If you are a fan of Allure but don't have the extra bucks to spend on a Chanel price, check this one out. It may not be as good as Allure, but for under $25 for a 3.4 oz bottle, you can't beat the price.

My Rating: 9 out of 10

BronxBro
BronxBro

I don't care what this compared to. This smells good to my nose. PERIOD. Sweet, spicy cinnamon and pepper. The ladies dig it and so do I. I wear this gem in the cold weather months here in NY. Something about the crisp cold air just sets this off! Love that this is under the radar and a lot of people don't know about this bad boy. Kind would love for it to stay that way..LOL. My (or our for those who know of this one) little secret weapon. Nice cheapie to keep in the colletion.

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

Picked this up for 14 dollars a while ago and I am totally content. This is clearly inspired by allure (even the color scheme kinda matches up) but It also makes me think of boss bottled without the apple. The sweet cinnamon combined with the tonka and vanilla make me feel like a humanoid cinnamon bun. The bottle resembles a steampunk robot dildo. But as far as creamy spicy masculine scents this is nice and performs well above its pay grade. Recommended and one of the nicest cheapies in my collection!

greggb

Perry Ellis M, with the lid that never wants to go on straight. Be thankful that the lid doesn’t go on straight, because if it did, you’d be paying designer prices.

I’m not sure who Perry Ellis was, or what he did, but he definitely had something figured out as far as fragrances go. Perry Ellis Red 360 is by far a better example, for what it’s worth.

Perry Ellis M reminds me of D & G “The One” with a tar note and an hour’s more longevity, bringing it up to a whopping 3 hours.

Wear this if getting laid is high-priority. Or, if there’s no chance of getting laid, and you’d just like to dream about how much you’d please a woman, in the hypothetical event that you were going to get laid later this evening.

ssheth92
ssheth92

Blind bought this because Allure by Chanel always seemed like something I would want in my collection/try. But because it is somewhat hard to get at a good price, I just bought this, which I heard smells a lot like it.

When first spraying, you get a blast of this alcohol and synthetic vibe, but shortly after it starts settling in. It gives a warm, spicy, and slightly sweet vibe! Very nice.. perfect for the Fall, but could also work for winter. Reminds me of cozying up and reading a book or cuddling with a girl.

~9/10

lilbit
lilbit

I am a woman who, for certain periods of time, loves to wear men's fragrances. I fell in love with 2 at first smell -- Pi (Givenchy) & Allure (Chanel). M smells like a cross between those two. The first thing my hubby said when I sprayed it was "That smells like my Allure." It really does, but it's slightly sweet, like Pi. I initially thought it also smelled like the old (original) formulation of Obsession for women. Needless to say, this one's a keeper for me & hubby to share.

BeeZo875
BeeZo875

Love this cheapie frag! Bought it based on the comparisons to my all time favorite Chanel Allure Homme. Not gon lie at first I didn't really like it, projection was a lil bit spotty. But as time went on I realized this was just as much a lady killer as the Chanel. Good frag for the money! Actually my wife prefers this over the Chanel.

lovealwaysalisa
lovealwaysalisa

Blind bought this after watching a few reviews on Youtube while searching for a gift for my boyfriend. Was going to order it from Amazon but today I saw it for $20 at Ross and had to buy it!(Fate?..lol) As soon as i got in the car with my purchase i had to open and smell it and no lie, my 1st reaction was 2 words out loud...."HELL YEAH". LOL. This smells soooooo goooood. Sexy, seductive, man in a bottle. This is an alluring spicy "I want to eat you" kind of a scent. The cinnamon is not a feminine bakery kind of cinnamon but a spicy almost peppery kind of vibe instead. Think creamy chai latte or a stick of Big Red gum kind of spice... Just Yummy and EDIBLE. Perfect for a date night. Men, BUY THIS. Women will love it. I know I do. I'm giving this to my boyfriend for Valentine's Day this year and can't wait to smell this on him. Very sexy fragrance for a man... I'd say best for a man in his later 20's and up.

EDIT: I love this so much I bought a bottle for myself! I get compliments when wearing this too. Perfect for winter nights. :)

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

Just bought it! It's awesome! It does smell a lot like Allure Homme! It also has somewhat of a resemblance to La Nuit de L'Homme. It's kinda woody and creamy/sweet. I did get compliments from across the room even though I didn't detect it that well on myself so it's definitely a keeper. This is going to be a scent I wear on summer nights too.
Also, even though it's not listed in the notes, I get some almond out of this. For $19.99 you can't beat it. I'm a customer for life. Thank you Perry Ellis!

alexavel
alexavel

i just received mine, in my skin for only 20 mins, i have the same impression as the reviewer right below me, this is charming to my senses, i have vanilla predominant and bergamont .Not as rich as some others more expensive frags but for $20 its a nice blind buy.

i wish to find a frag with the opening of M alone, its wonderful but disappears very quick.

noddoc
noddoc

this Fragrance smells veyr beautiful, is very longlasting, Charming

Casper112
Casper112

When I first smelled it I was like "wow, nice!!!"

It doesn't smell cheap to me at all, and the projection and longevity is very good considering its price.

It's more of a mature scent just like Allure Homme.

The only ugly thing about it is the bottle which looks like a sex toy, but who cares about the bottle...

Sooooo, if you are a mature man looking for an affordable cologne that doesn't smell cheap at all and smells masculine, give it a try!

greggb

I'll be damned if this isn't some great smelling stuff!

If I were a woman I'd want to eat me up, after telling me to take a shower, because God knows I need one, and as sweet-smelling as Perry Ellis M is, is doesn't disguise the fact that I'm overdue.

But that, my dear friends, is because I worked out today. My car doors were frozen so I had to go to a lot of effort just to get into the POS, and when I finally got in it and got moving, the doors froze again, which meant I had to go to a lot of trouble to get out.

By the time I finally walked into the gym I'd exerted so much energy that I didn't have much left for pumping iron. Until I saw Her, and was revitalized. So I got a good workout in, sweated quite a bit, got back into my car, and drove all over town trying to buy a corndog for my dog. I finally wound up settling for a burrito.

But then I got back, sprayed some Perry Ellis M on, and sat here thoroughly enjoying the smell of myself, only wishing it lasted a little longer, while also knowing that with one or two more drinks, it will last just long enough to see me through today's consciousness.

I really, really do like the smell of this! The smell alone is only beaten by D & G "The One". But it lasts longer, by an hour or so. Which is like saying 2 inches is longer than 1 inch, by 1 inch. If you know what I mean.

What's odd is that Perry Ellis Red lasts a really long time for me, and it's considered to be an aquatic.

Why must one always trade an awesome smell for longevity?

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

1st wearing impression ! In the opening and heart this smells 90% like chanel allure. In the drydown though this smells like a 50/50mix of Chanel allure and MJ Legend. All in all id say I like Allure better but Perry Ellis M does seem to go better with my skin chemistry.

Sneezie

This is an update. I finally got around to trying this scent and as I said before this is an entirely masculine but sweet scent. It is also a new member of the powerhouse league for me. My initial test was on a white tissue. The scent was noticable but not over whelming in the room for over 12 hours. Noticable when standing within 3 feet for another 4 hours and hand held for another 4 hours.

Next I put on 2 light sprays after shaving and by the time I finished dressing grabbed my essentials and got in the car it had begun to setttle into a terrific mellow scent. 4 complements before getting home late/early. Still on my skin when I woke up. 5 star performance.

The dry down was delicious. Sort of smells like cookies. It really smells like it is from a more expensive house. I got it at Ross in a broken box for $10. Have ordered a gift set for $28. EDT, Balm, deoderant, and sampler for the DOPP kit. If you like a masculine sweet scent and like girls asklng if they can lick your neck you may like this.

arcade_blox
arcade_blox

A medium term between casual and sophisticated. Great smell, an excellent citrus opening, spicy dry-down.

Update: After months using this fragrance, my nose starts to loving it. The opening it's spicy and citrus, but then, the dry-down becomes soft and lovely, with a very balanced notes and well blended ingredients.

UPDATE 2: It's great, but im not in love anymore. I can't stand the tonka bean, i hate it. But smelling the cap... OHH! It's another thing. My skin doesn't play well this lovely perfume :(

mufasa
mufasa

Guys, this fragrance smells amazing! In my opinion, this doesn't smell like Chanel's Allure Homme, but I can tell you that this smells expensive and upscale if you will. I was pretty hesitant at first to buy this, but I don't regret buying it all! I think that this is the best that Perry Ellis has to offer. Whenever I wear this fragrance, I just feel really good and confident. It's weird because not that many fragrances exude that feeling if confidence. This and Burberry Men are so far my all time favorites! I highly recommend that you buy this! Perfect 10/10!

jimmyo1

Only a couple of words I can describe this with.... utterly wonderful and totally intoxicating.
Ordered from the US as can't seem to get it here in the UK and well worth the £7 postage as price was ridiculously low too.
8.5/10

Sneezie

I'll leave the scent analysis to those with the nose to do it. I can say that aside from the odd bottle this frag is intirely masculine and pleasantly surprising Warning though, test first. Be careful with the spray this juice stayed on my skin recognizably strong for 24 hour. I just used a mini spray to test on my wrist at 5pm Sat. and I could still smell it the following afternoon. I like and collect the 80's powerhouse frags and this stuff beats them all for longevity.
It's been particularly hot lately so I haven't used it yet but am looking forward using it. Till then I just use a little on my wrist over night. Really very nice. Recommended

The problem with the bottle is it doesn't fit in the space I use to store my treasures so I have to lay it down.

jdfarley
jdfarley

Wow, I'm surprised I haven't worn this one in awhile. This is really nice! Smells like an expensive designer frag, but for pennies. The cinnamon and anise really stand out in this one. Perfect for warm weather evening use, and will definitely garner attention. Be careful, though: This one is really strong! I go for two sprays maximum; any more than that is cloying. I really do need to start wearing this one more often. And here I was looking for a new evening cologne when I already had a nice one all along.

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

A Hidden Gem of Fragrance Success!
____________________________________

A wonderful blend of sweetness and woods, and a bit of an underrated secret in the perfume world.
To those who say it resembles Allure, you are partially correct, as it is quite comparative only in the top notes, or within 5-10 minutes of spraying. You get the same spicy woody notes from the get go, but this soon fades down to a warm woodsy with some spices that really give it character.
All in all, this cologne is a great deal for the price, and is frankly better than some of the more high dollar fragrances. If this was made by any other name, you could easily expect a $70-80 price tag set on it.
As is, this one is a definite BUY, since you are getting quality, sophistication, and a mature scent with tones of playfulness within.
This scent lasts for a good 6+ hours on my skin as well, and projects decently for the first 1.5-2 hours. After that, it resigns to a playful skin scent with the original tones.
Spray recommendations: one to the chest, two to the neck, and one to each arm for best projection and enjoyment. One can also be added to the back of the head for better trail and cloud, but it's optional as this one does a decent enough job.

Longevity: 6/10 (6+ hours)
Projection: 6/10
Versatility: 7/10 (Formal/ informal...spring, fall, winter, possibly summer on a cool day)
Smell: 9/10 (Sweet, woodsy, and done right!)

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

One of those classic scent moments that begin in a mediocre fashion only to arrive on a drydown that truly makes you go Mmmmmmmmmm.

All for pennies in comparison to more expensive fragrance out there. For those that are swayed by price as a precursor to quality, I say your belief system is in great danger. The drydown in Perry Ellis M is up there with the best scents to be found anywhere.

A hidden gem. Grab it while you can

trapjaw
trapjaw

If you remember the barber shop scene from Coming to America... yea, that's what it smells like.

omesh17
omesh17

I don't really like it. It smells like exactly the knockoff chanel allure homme sport that I got off of ebay. Its not my type of cologne. I bought the gift set for 30.00. To buy cologne alone was. 29.00 so for a dollar more you get the aftershave, deodorant and the 1OOML bottle. Good deal but not my type of fragrance.

serch
serch

compre perry ellis m , por los buenos comentarios, y no me desepciono, es un gran aroma, para mi abre dulce y fresco, enseguida se instala la canela, posteriormente la vainilla y un tono amaderado, muy recomendable, otoño invierno,buena longevidad y precio excelente.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Purchased today at Ross for $20. I have to say this stuff is amazing! I've been wanting Chanel allure but didn't want to spend a hundred on it. Seen a couple of comparison vids on YouTube and decided to give M a shot, and soooo glad I did! M is basically Allure but instead of the citrus in the opening of a Allure you get dried fruits & M, 15 min into it its identical to Allure but at 1/5 of the PRICE!.. STOKED

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

What a great frag to have in my collection,,got coachhrob to thank for this one, check out his YouTube Chanel.
This is lovely from top to bottom, I almost get a feeling of Burberry London in the mid, but the cinnamon takes back over as the dominant note,with a bit of powder in the dry down.
Great longevity with this and you get a good amount of time to enjoy each stage of the drydown .
Overall this is a great scent if you wanna impress ,,just lovely and I'm gonna wear the death out of his in the fall and winter..8 out of 10,,great stuff..

noor85
noor85

Doesn`t smell like Allure Homme ,there`s no comparison,it`s remember me of old barber shop ,I agree with Rankn504.

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

Oh Perry Ellis. You too humble! It's not just 'm'. But Mmm...mmmMMMMmm...M-Mmm...Ehaaa.

The opening kicks off with two major notes. Star anise on a gorgeous heartwarming cinnamon woody base. When the star anise gets out of the way, we are dealing with an exceptional date fragrance. Also this Mama lasts a long long time. So, you don't need to go to the gents room, and reapply with an emergency vial between main course and dessert. Because dessert, you will get, in one way or another!

For the price , I don't find much motivation to go full on Egoiste (which has a similar vibe). But yeah, bottle design...what's up with that? Is it so people can use it even if they don't have a date? The female version i can understand. But surely not... No, I think I need a REAL date.

aserranocl
aserranocl

No se parece en nada a allure. De hecho es un perfume desagradable del 1 al 10 le doy un 4.

junior halston
junior halston

This is not like Allure Homme but I feel the usage of tonka bean gives it that feel. Think of the scent as a much more spicy Allure with cinnamon and nutmeg. The base is also more dense with vanilla, tonka, and musk.

I don't understand longevity issues others are experiencing here. I get about 10 hours from this scent with good sillage. Very much a fall and winter scent it would be too heavy for warmer months.

n1Musashi
n1Musashi

Vera godo And underrated fragrance! The opening resembles a lot allure homme... But the basenotes isn't as powdery as allure is... Neverthless, a good fragrance with great price (i paid 20 dollars!)

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Nice sweet cinnamon spices this great colonge love it long as the colonge smell good should'nt not matter what others think.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I can see why some people would think it smells similar to allure, which it is definitely in the same class, but I dont think it smells as powdery and elegant as allure does. Terrific stuff though, one of the best from perry ellis hands down. It is straight up cinnamon, vanilla, and sage but I smell tobacco too. Or maybe thats just what the combination of all the notes smells like...really good pipe tobacco. It's dirty and earthy and spicy and smooth all in one. I would definitely recommend it as a fall and winter fragrance. Longevity and sillage are nice too.

Valleboi_a1a
Valleboi_a1a

i knew that this cologne smells similar to 'allure .

Bebop2962
Bebop2962

It doesn't compare very well to Allure Homme. Allure has some fresher notes that aren't included in M.(predominantly that slightly sour, but spicy smell from the ginger note in Allure). I do understand the comparison, though. Perry Ellis M has a moment in the first moments of its dry down in which it's very much like Allure, but that lasts only for a minute or so, and isn't really a fair comparison.

I'm pleasantly surprised by M. I bought it without trying as a replacement for Allure... and it's not.
But I'm not disappointed, though. Not at all. It really is a great scent in its own right. I love that warmth and spiciness cut by some freshness and a bit of sweetness (which is more jasmine than vanilla on my skin). Because of that fresh sweetness, it would work in summer as well (though it's considered more of a winter-scent)

As said before: longevity truly is incredible. It will easily last the day. It would probably last for days, if there wasn't something like personal hygiene to get in its way.

I highly recommend this scent. It is a wonderful scent and although it doesn't compare to Allure, it does truly stand up to it.
Now, knowing all that, consider its price.
Unbelievable.

yilmazg
yilmazg

Simply brilliant. This is textbook example of how cinnamon should be done in a fragrance. Warm, spicy (cinnamon), fresh (star anise, bergamot) and sweet (vanilla). So inviting, captivating even. A great winter fragrance. Sillage is very good, longevity is unbelieveable (12 hours easily). Extremely underrated.

soned
soned

EXTREMELLY UNDERRATED. If you really want to get compliments from the ladies, wear this. It is fresh, sweet and warm, a contradiction itself, beautiful and long lasting.

ausamamira
ausamamira

it starts harsh but quickly the harsh note disappears and the fragrance turns to a sweet very little spicy scent. i dont find it like Allure Homme! Allure Homme is much much better IMO....M still a good fragrance however

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

So I was at a friends house and he showed me his room. I immediately saw this on his counter and jetted to it like I was a dog and PEM was a piece of meat. Oooo cologne! Sniffsniffsniff! Sniff? What the heck?! It smells exactly like Chanel Allure Homme. Like no lie. I was flabbergasted. I wonder how it actually compares...

4xxx4
4xxx4

a really great scent,,, somehow sweet, little citric,, hm,, very sexy

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

very spicy and warm but is decent in itself.

andy
andy

smelled a guy bathed in this at outback where i was working and no matter how strong it was it smelled good. nice spices and this is a perfect sophisticated masculine aroma

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis m fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis m, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perry Ellis m by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perry Ellis m by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.