Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Portfolio Elite for Men Perry Ellis for men
dislike

herbal
Portfolio Elite for Men Perry Ellis for men Pictures

Portfolio Elite for Men by Perry Ellis is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Portfolio Elite for Men was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Loc Dong. Top notes are artemisia, white currant and apple; middle notes are caraway, lily-of-the-valley, geranium and cardamom; base notes are tonka bean, amber, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Artemisia White Currant Apple

Caraway Lily-of-the-Valley Geranium Cardamom

Tonka Bean Amber Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Portfolio Elite for Men Fragrance Reviews

jdfarley
jdfarley

Portfolio Elite has turned out to be one of my best blind buys. Musky and spicy, but with a hint of sweetness that makes it approachable. The smell is hard to describe, but it smells like a classic cologne with a hint of fruits and spices. Classic yet modern, Portfolio Elite is a cologne I wear on more formal occasions (i.e. weddings, conferences, etc) since it smells very professional. Fills a much needed niche in my fragrance wardrobe.

NiceNiffs
NiceNiffs

PE will be right on the money for many people's tastes but like other similar 'fougeres' (e.g. FCUK - Friction) the heavy, soapy-florals of this world are just not for me.

If it were just a little less heavy on the 'soap' I could see it being a more widely palatable 'fresh sea air' kind of scent.

PE doesn't make me pull a 'stink-face' - LoL - but my first impression turned out to be my lasting impression - the SOAP! FLORAL! robustness is overwhelming and gives me a headache.

I can see why this fragrance has such strong support - it is unusual and changes through the dry-down plus it does project well and lasts a good few hours (on my skin). The darn thing is I get compliments on it too so it's a shame I just can't tolerate it.

Update:
The base notes remind me of a cinnamon/incense fragrance I wore not too long ago.....aha..........Breil - Milano - that bit I do like.

Update 2:
I have come back to this again and am learning to brave the the soapy-floral opening because afterwards you are treated to a very reasonable, ozonic/cinnamon/incense/woods (a fougere I guess). Arguably, an even blend of Breil - Milano and Pal Zileri - Lab iWhite.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A lovely fruity, woody & soapy men's fragrance. Staying power and silage are excellent. Yes, it does remind me too, a little, of the gorgeous Platinum Egoiste. Portfolio Elite has its own character though - This is seriously gorgeous juice for me.

Cologne Junkie72
Cologne Junkie72

I remember when I first got this fragrance earlier this year,I was not crazy about the opening. But now I applied it on my skin today, I like the apple accord and the florals. It does remind me of Chanel Platinum Egoiste.

cu
cu

In the humidity it can get smelly(in a bad way on my body make up) and dies too quickly in the harsh cold. Also this does not last long, I'm only getting about 3 to 4 hours MAX with this scent, after the first hour it stays very close to the skin. It needs to last 6+ hours if it is considered good by my standards. I wanted to like this, it has a great apple/musky/earthy scent, but the pros don't make up for the cons with me.

rades69
rades69

This was my first PE product in a while, and Ivan honestly say I love it!!! I found on Amazon for $17.99 with free shipping for the 3.4 edt. Wore it today at work and got numerous compliments. Best part is that it lasts all day. A lot of times if you spend $20.00 or less, you get a watered down version that disappears in a minute, but this definitly not the case. Recommended highly.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Alcohol heavy opening salvo quickly gives way to an attractive fresh apple minty floral that is very attractive and manages to smell the most natural of any of the Perry Ellis openings. Loc Dong injects a layer of white currant that certainly adds a balance to the more acidic elements of the green apple as Gypsy mentions, but it is also the interaction of the floral middles (lily and geranium) and the noticeable spicy touch of cardamom that creates a very light and sexy atmosphere that allows the apple to float over the top with ease.
Perry Ellis Portfolio Elite is beautifully blended and balanced, an excellent bargain and beyond just being a work fragrance like the original Portfolio, this one is far more versatile and can be used at night. In fact, there are no real limitations to PE Portfolio Elite, it has the makings of an excellent signature scent, though it does suffer from being extremely linear after the opening. Still, the projection and longevity are both exceptional, with 8-10 hours the norm on my skin.
Along with Perry Ellis 360 Red and Perry Ellis Reserve, Perry Ellis Portfolio Elite is one of the showpieces of the Perry Ellis line and can often be spotted at discount prices. One of the best affordable fragrances for men I have come across. Exceptional and certainly good enough to justify it elitist pretensions on the box.

SmellingGood
SmellingGood

Truely an attention getter. When ever I wear it I always get ask and I mean always get ask what do you have on. I need to get another bottle. I can not find in the stores anymore.

soned
soned

This is almost identical to Chanel Platinum Egoiste.

yilmazg
yilmazg

I do enjoy most of Perry Ellis fragrances but this is too herbal for my taste. This is a strong, woody-herbal fragrance most suited to wearing in Spring. If you like herbal fragrances this is for you. Excellent sillage and longevity.

There is nothing like this PE in my wardrobe. So anyway, the opening of this one is strangely strong. I just can't relate it to anything I know. When it begins to quiet down, I can smell white currant with something spicy. I can tell that the scent does get better as I let it develops into something uniquely sweet and sexy, but I just don't like the opening and I just don't have much patience, so this PE doesn't make the cut for me.

This takes the original and turns it up a notch and dresses it up and adds an interesting sweetness to it. This was meant to be the "fancy-shmancy" version of Portfolio but it is really so much more...

White currants (something like a cross between lychees and grapes)added to the green apple and smooth out its scent and takes the sour "bite" out of it, artemisia adds a bitter green that balances this sweetness perfectly.The caraway and cardamom spice it up a bit in th heart but do not get carried away due to the muguet and geranium. The top and heart blend seemlessly and I really can't tell where one ends and the other begins other than the spices & florals balancing out the bittersweet opening.The base notes, which you would expect(I did) to be overly oriental and mad woody are subtle, refined and rich. The tonka is warm along with the amber, the musk is light and clean, and the cedar, vetiver and oakmoss blend so well they are almost like one note sung by three different voices in harmony. The compliments really come with this one, and since it can be found in most discount stores at a decent price, pick one up because if you don't like it someone else will definitely appreciate this for a gift...

Sillage: good
Longevity: decent
Overall: 4.5/5

When I saw a .25 oz travel spray on a website on clearance for 1.95 USD I figured why not? This is a stunning fragrance and I will soon be getting a larger bottle. It takes the original and adds some exotic flare without getting too weird and comes up with something that can be worn out and makes an impression while not offending any delicate noses, or it can be worn around the house,just for you...this fragrance is pleasing without being too layered or complicated and IMHO should be in every man's collection...

denmaz
denmaz

smells good but too loud for me. horrible when mix with sweat.

scentedkub
scentedkub

I found my bottle waaaay off in the corner of where I keep my colognes and wore it today...I hadn't wore it in forever, but now I feel like really appreciate the scent! It's so different from what I wore when I bought it and it still is. Very long lasting, and I've enjoyed it from the initial application all the way to the drydown. I have a couple that I just tolerate to get to the drydown LOL so it's nice to have one that I can fully enjoy from beginning to end, when it finally gets to it...lol

svillatoro
svillatoro

You can get it at fragrance X at an affordable price

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

the BEST perry ellis ever made,PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sweet and seductive and i cant find it anymore!

dunatko
dunatko

ooo... first perry ellis review i found here! if i only could test it!!! :-(

guest_smell me this
guest_smell me this

smells great,really great

Portfolio Elite for Men by Perry Ellis 3.79 out of 5 based on 43 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Portfolio Elite for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Portfolio Elite for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Portfolio Elite for Men by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Portfolio Elite for Men by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.