Designers » N-Q » Aromatic « Groups

Portfolio Green for Men Perry Ellis for men

Portfolio Green for Men Perry Ellis for men
dislike

Portfolio Green for Men by Perry Ellis is a Aromatic fragrance for men. Portfolio Green for Men was launched in 2003. Top notes are lime, apple, neroli and bergamot; middle notes are teak wood, patchouli and rose; base notes are labdanum, musk and vanilla.

Lime Apple Neroli Bergamot

Dunhill

Portfolio Green for Men Fragrance Reviews

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

I agree with joeyvice on this that I don't understand all the negative reviews for Portfolio Green. I happen to like it as well. It is a rather simple smell to me but one that I enjoy when I am wanting a sweet floral musky scent. It is pretty linear and I can only pick out two notes -- musk & neroli from the opening throughout the drydown. I live in a region where orange trees are abundant. In the spring I get to enjoy the sweet smell of the navel orange trees in bloom (neroli)and this perfume reminds me very much of that smell. The musk gives it a little more edge and brings it more into the masculine realm. I see lime listed above in the notes but I don't smell even a hint of that. I would not say it is the same as either D&G PH or LeMale but it would most certainly be in the same scent family. Sillage & longevity are both in the moderate range. Ross is the most common store where I have seen this juice and as such it is quite reasonably priced. If musk & neroli are appealing to you then you won't go wrong with a bottle of this, especially at the price.

Robmeister32
Robmeister32

This is the worst in my collection.
MY RATING: 1/10

Joeyvice
Joeyvice

I don't know what's up with the negative reviews, but in my opinion this is the BEST by Perry Ellis. I've worn it on and off since about 2003 if I couldn't afford D&G Pour Homme at the time. Why? Because the two almost smell identical, I've had multitudes of women come up to me and say "I bet I can guess what cologne your wearing" and they always proclaim it's D&G Pour Homme, I usually let them have the satisfaction of thinking they're right, it doesn't matter to me. Unfortunately Perry Ellis Green now smells more like D&G Pour Homme than the new German reformulation of D&G does, NO JOKE. Long story short, this is worth every penny (because it rarely costs over $20 for a 3.4ml). All I can say is ignore any negative reviews and find out for yourself. I get more compliments with this bargain bin wonder than I do with most of my higher end frags.

shamus1
shamus1

This is awful. There's a brief waft of something kind of green smelling in the first five minutes, but then it degenerates into a wimpy powdery, sickeningly sweet Le Male clone.

Chalk up yet another Le Male clone that isn't as good as the original. Oof!

MY RATING: 3/10

dancinleroy

I just bout a bottle of realities by liz claiborne, and it smells just like portfolio green. There are countless comparisons on realities to D&G pour homme, as well as 1 on portfolio green to D&G. Since portfolio green costs about $17/3.4oz and realities was $13/1.7 oz, I guess you'd just be paying for the label if you went with D&G.

dancinleroy

This is very fresh and clean scent and I can sense the lime in it for sure. It is long lasting and the projection is intense. I put about 6 sprays on thinking that since it was light, I could get away with over applying it. A woman standing about 20 feet from me interrupted a conversation she was having to say "someone smells really good." The great thing about this stuff is if you over apply, its not a big deal as this fragrance is very light and pleasant even if you are projecting 20 feet. It wont offend and is not headache inducing. I will probably stick to 4 sprays though from now on. It's longevity is nice 3 hours of projection, then its really close to the skin but will make women WANT to smell you, so they sit closer. 6-7 hours overall I'd say in the warm weather. A good choice for a cheap price.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

EDIT: Subsequent wearings of Portfolio Green in the month since I purchased it have me thinking I have a lemon on my hands. I stand by my original comments regarding the exaggerated lime and neroli notes, and how one could loosely compare this sort of perfumery style to Alien by Thierry Mugler. This fragrance is unbalanced, and I can't help but feel it's on purpose.

The problem is in ingredient quality. Having worn this several times, I've realized that Green starts off smelling like a chemical spill more than anything else. I've tried to like it, but there's something very grating about it, and it bugs my sinuses. After an hour Green does improve, and the heart becomes softer and more floral, with hints of jasmine poking through the fog. This stage I enjoy, although not enough to struggle through the lengthy opening. It still smells synthetic, but analogous to real ingredients, not chemicals.

Overall, not really worth even the $16 I paid for it. I won't throw it away, but I don't think I'll be wearing it that often after all.

Tuvok
Tuvok

smells like D&G Pour homme :) lasts 4 hours. Bought it for 10$ per 100 ml. A good choice for the warm evening!

varondandy
varondandy

verrry clean and certainly apreciated by many. complemented by many.best worn in spring,excellent for the office or play. long lasting too. ciao

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this is more dark and subtle than the notes would imply.a nice conservative fragrance

Portfolio Green for Men by Perry Ellis 3.44 out of 5 based on 28 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Portfolio Green for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Portfolio Green for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Portfolio Green for Men by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Portfolio Green for Men by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.