Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Portfolio for Men Perry Ellis for men

Portfolio for Men Perry Ellis for men
dislike

herbal

Portfolio for Men by Perry Ellis is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Portfolio for Men was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Loc Dong. Top notes are coriander and pear; middle notes are lavender, basil and cardamom; base notes are sandalwood, amber and musk.

Coriander Pear

Lavender Basil Cardamom

Sandalwood Amber Musk

Portfolio for Men Fragrance Reviews

adoratek
adoratek

I like it, but it is up for debate still. I mostly like it after it has dried down a bit and ditched a bunch of that crazy pear scent.

I have had others with pear in them, but not this crazy amount. I think if they had doubled the basil and cut the pear in half they would have had something pretty amazing.

In its current form, I think it makes a better "clean" scent for a woman... not that I am an authority on what a gender specific should smell like, because I wear a few women's perfumes as well.

Update:

This synthetic overabundance of pear is quite nauseating.

RoyalPerez516
RoyalPerez516

I'm looking for the review of portfolio black, am i not seeing it in the database?

trevorstilerocks
trevorstilerocks

Bought a 50ml at a super discounted price from a Christmas shopping spree. It's spicy citrusy but much spicy on the drydown due to the strong Cardamom note. It kinda reminds me of the spicy note I smelled from Joop Homme and 212 Sexy Men. But the Cardamom here lingers whilst basil, amber, lavender catches up, it creates an intriguing scent indeed. I think I'm the only one that will love this scent. I haven't tried it in public. Let's see how this one would fare in the outside world.

Loewengel

I know that I wrote that coriander plays the leading role in this formula in a previous review, but now it's lavender to my nose. A couple of weeks ago, I wore it at work and eveybody liked it and got compliments, but it's still kind of a weird aroma to me. I find it sort of mysterious or enigmatic. I just can't get to understand the core of it, but I appreciate its composition. I've been thinking about buying the shower gel-deodorant stick-fragrance set. Just being tempted.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

Smells like soap, but not in a bad way. Not offensive so I think this could be used in variety of settings, I just don't think I'd use it on a date. The bottle is pretty neat so it gets a few extra points for that. I do think I like PE Portfolio Green a lil bit better though.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

First off, yes, it is pretty much a shaving cream scent. Sort of like Barbasol.

If you've been on websites like this one and read the forums for a while you learn that some people tend to "test drive" a new scent by spritzing a little on before bed and analyze it before falling asleep.

Some reviewers write about waking up and describe the scents' dry down or the end of its evolution on their skin by morning.

That's what I did with Perry Ellis' Portfolio, what happened though was that I was so tired that I fell asleep so I did not have the opportunity to monitor its transformation from initial application through the first hour.

What happened is that I suddenly woke up seven hours later wondering, "what is that smell"?

It does smell like shaving cream and it is not, to me, an impressive cologne for men. Synthetic, and pear/leather type of aroma, though no leather is listed in the note pyramid. With other scents I wake up and after catching a whiff of what I sprayed last night usually wake up thinking, "wow, nice" or "interesting" or "great"!

By the way, I knew this had not so great ratings but I had an ebay seller accidentally send me the regular Portfolio than the ELITE Portfolio, which gets great reviews.

Loewengel

I never expected something like this from Perry Ellis. This house has a lot of flankers of every name that releases into the market, which makes it commercial or easy to like, but Portfolio for men is something else. I just couldn't think of the fragrance as a fragrance, so I was reluctant to buy it, but I did because I found it really affordable and I wanted to wear something new and different for me. In my opinion, it's hard to understand the concept of this formula. It's like a good book dificult to read and comprehend, and that's where its power resides. The notes that filled my nose were coriander, basil and amber, but coriander plays the lead role, in my nose at least.

mystery_grafx
mystery_grafx

You ever smell something and thought, oh they have irish spring liquid soap( even if it is another brand)..yea like that but you keep the smell all day
not bad not great but it is only $15.00 at Ross

jdfarley
jdfarley

Very clean and fresh, but the pear dominated opening notes are...interesting. I didn't really care for it at first, but I has grown on me steadily. Smells sort of like a mix between soap and laundry detergent, but in a good way. Not really a very versatile fragrance, though, since it seems to be best suited for work or daytime. I see it as a kind of fragrance for when you want to smell clean and put together, but not draw too much attention to yourself. Overall I would give it a 7/10.

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

A clean average quality fragrance. To me the basil and lavender dominate. The pear plays more of a supporting role. Has a warm soapy genre which acts as a great Swiss Army knife in any wardrobe. Was my go-to when most of my collection was bought at discounters. This definitely projects and gets attention. (can be negative if you over-spray.) Nothing else smells like this which gives it cool points. A sweet refreshing take on a soapy casual vibe. Pretty linear after one reaches the middle stage of this scent (a very musky dry down.) You have nothing to lose but a bit to gain by purchasing this.

Odiee99
Odiee99

This is a decent fragrance that I think is best suited for the younger crowd. PE Portfolio does come off a bit synthetic. The pear smell just turned me off a little. At the time this was my 1st encounter with pear. I have since sampled other colognes with pear and I think I just don't like pear in my fragrances.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Attractive pear dominated opening that though a bit heavy on the synthetic side doesn´t overpower and unfortunately fades all too quickly from the scene once the musk comes to the front in the dry down. Conceptualized as a work fragrance and for that purpose well executed. Inoffensive, a bit sweet and musky with no really overpowering green elements that could induce allergies or bad vibes.
Synthetic lavender similar to the one in Perry Ellis 360 Blue but far more restrained starts to assert itself in the middle notes five minutes in and pushes the blast of synthetic pear aside. For a minute or so the lavender is very astringent and cloying, before calming down when the base notes assert themselves.
The musk creeps in 10 minutes into the scene and absorbs some of the harsh synthetic lavender and pear accords and from that point on projection begins to falter but never really slips into skin scent territory until deep into the dry down.
Perry Ellis Portfolio is a musky, soapy middle-of-the-road release with no real presence or personality, perfect for the modern, politically correct American office space where impressions are assumed to be threatening. Instead what you get in this one is a musky dryer fabric sheet scent during the dry down that dominates the fragrance for most of its life and surprisingly holds on to the skin for a full work day. Very solid longevity for a light fruity fragrance, lasts 6-8 hours, though unremarkable and common as it is, it is still pleasing.
A less greenly and lighter version of Wings by Giorgio Beverly Hills. Serves its objective as a work fragrance to the hilt, but offers little else.

twlahue
twlahue

my wife wears it, smells nice on her...

cherryred80
cherryred80

Unexciting solid performer; works well with fcuk urban body spray, which is available everywhere. Good for work, but not memorable. Clean, fresh modern scent without being yet another aquatic.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this is definately a sleeper in the cologne world. It is so versatile as a cologne and can be worn with so many different ensembles.A quick blast of fruit,mellow and sweet , and then the woods and spice take over,roumding this off nicely.

guest_cologne addict
guest_cologne addict

Nice smell. Great smell. Best for younger guys.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Portfolio for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Portfolio for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Portfolio for Men by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Portfolio for Men by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.