Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Reserve for Men Perry Ellis for men

Reserve for Men Perry Ellis for men
dislike

herbal

Reserve for Men by Perry Ellis is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Reserve for Men was launched in 1998. The nose behind this fragrance is Firmenich. Top notes are juniper berries, lavender, grapefruit, bergamot and geranium; middle notes are tarragon, white carnation, caraway, sage and black rose; base notes are exotic woods, sandalwood, amber, musk and oakmoss.

Juniper Berries Lavender Grapefruit Bergamot Geranium

Tarragon White Carnation Caraway Sage Black Rose

Exotic Woods Sandalwood Amber Musk Oakmoss

Night
Fierce

Reserve for Men Fragrance Reviews

Layzie
Layzie

My sister bought this for me as a birthday gift a few years back. I hardly wore it, so my nephew now makes great use of it. I'm still not a huge fan of this perfume, but I feel better now than I did when I initially tried it.

The geranium, juniper, lavender, and bergamot give Reserve a showery fresh opening that makes me feel as though I've just cleaned myself with a nice bar of soap. As it develops, the grapefruit becomes much more prominent. The fragrance is fruity, sharp, and a little woody.

Those around me describe it as masculine, classy, and versatile. As it doesn't have great sillage, it is much enjoyed at relatively close contact. There are many complaints about longevity, yet I've found that Reserve lasts all day on me, which is a rarity for any perfume. My girlfriend says it feels quite pleasant, citrusy sweet, and very natural, as if we were in the woods.

shamus1
shamus1

This isn't even remotely unique, as I've smelled many other fragrances that smell just like this. It smells like a much less complex version of Cerruti Image, and that's not a bad thing at all.

Lack of originality aside, Reserve is simply superb. It has a sweet fruitiness throughout its development, smelling like pears or peaches. Though sweet, it is not heavy or cloying at all. That's because there are also a lot of nice sharp green herbal notes and wood to counteract the sweetness. Everything finishes up nicely with its smooth but spicy sandalwood musk base.

This is a totally safe, unadventurous scent that will not offend anyone. However, who cares when it smells this good?

Though I prefer Cerruti Image, there is no way you can go wrong with PE Reserve For Men, especially for the price. It's timeless and classic.

MY RATING: 8/10

salman65
salman65

I can smell the black rose and I love it!

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

All I seem to get out of this is grapefruit and ginger.

Average scent with average longevity and good projection.

What can I say, it's a Perry Ellis scent.

ericrico
ericrico

GypsyParfumista, Shamus1 and LoveScully offer excellent reviews here.

It is actually a very nice scent made in the late 90's - the house behind it is Firmenich! It really has a great freshness. Like others on here said, the citrus opening is sharp and fresh - well-integrated with the lavender and juniper (a great note here) that is nice and crisp. That feeling of freshness stays on skin for a while, but is even better on clothes. "How" to wear fragrance is essential and you will find some that are better skin scents and some that need application to clothing to lengthen the top & middle notes that make it so good - this is one of those.

So, as recommended by GypsyParfumista, apply after a shower on skin and a spray to walk through before heading out to get some on your clothes - or even a strategically-placed one (or two) sprays under a shirt collar...a great place to apply scent as it is close to your neck but on fabric - a collared, button shirt is not required (but, then again, this is formal attire fragrance that can be worn dressed down) - preferably for me as a casual, aromatic scent. Another in the realm that I like to describe as a "Fresh Fougere" - scents that never get cloying, retain a wonderful freshness and mix well with variations in climate and body temperature. Ones that you reach for when you want to smell totally clean and fresh for a while, can always reapply and those around you enjoy as much as you do.

Firmenich did well in the middle (heart notes) here with the green notes (sage and tarragon) dominant. The florals linger and I do pick up the transient aromatic caraway note (which segues into the drydown).

I get white musk (clean and lifted) with a touch of sandalwood and amber - creating a nice base. The fresh notes still linger on top along with the nice green/floral middle that gets a touch earthy and herbal.

This fragrance transitions, but it doesn't lose focus on smelling clean, yet masculine. Well done. Personally, I would not wear this with formal attire - as it is too mainstream, even if it did originally only sell at Perry Ellis boutiques and was sampled with tuxedos. I definitely would wear it with a polo shirt, shorts/khakis/jeans and even as a gym scent. Don't take offense, but I like to smell good when I work out...not like socks and body odor. Turn up the body heat on this and it gets better - definitely a very fresh composition. I can handle the synthetic aspects because the overall smell is wonderfully blended and aromatically charming.

A hidden gem that is fresh & safe. I will enjoy this...

Kharnak
Kharnak

Growing up, this was one of my favorites through HighSchool on. Especially good in summer and day, strong and projecting even on hot days. Very expertly blended and rounded out. It's all subtley there. Obvious Lemon, Tarragon, Caraway, Lavender, a Real guy fragrance, classic ingredients used for centuries. It's still Fresh and cheerful. It intrigued me so much how i could sweat out and get all raunchy and musky with this, and.... people still compliment you? ..my goodness.. it's a real turn-on fragrance for me. This one's a favorite at the front of my wardrobe.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Best PE fragrance for men, imo. Yum...yes would vote to purchase again very affordable at the outlet stores.

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

Reserve is a fresh and cheerful fragrance, opening with a well-blended citrus and lavender with some rounder florals pushing through, and then finally drying down to a nice musky sweetness. The bergamot never fully disappears through the whole development.

It is very classy, but not snobbish at all. I can easily wear it as a more casual fragrance, but it's not too laid back for a suit either. In other words, it's versatile.

Sillage is medium. Longevity is not so great. But it's pretty inexpensive, so it doesn't make you feel bad about refreshing. Just keep a small atomizer on you and give yourself another spritz every few hours.

Slamwich
Slamwich

Perry Ellis Reserve is a fresh and powerful smell that opts to project sophistication instead of sex appeal. That power is rather short lived however, as it calms down and wears close to the skin a lot faster than an average fragrance would. The crispness of cold weather helps increase the potency of the freshness in this one. If you keep it subtle enough, this would make a fine daily scent that would likely be very unique, and definitely become memorable to others as “your smell”. That said, it was made for a formal affair; something you would dress up for.

This fragrance was sold at first only in PE boutiques and when you bought a tux you got a free sample of this. I don't own a tuxedo but when I want to dress up and feel like I'm in one this is what I wear...

On its initial blast it is citric and green, but not like all the others out there...this begins with an almost dry citrus blend fused with juniper, lavender and fresh geranium. Stunning but not overpowering, it's quite "dashing" but plays it down.The herbal greens in the heart are dry for sure but it's as if someone took the herbs and crushed them in their fingers to release the scent and blew them in your general direction. The florals in the heart are refined and absolutely elegant, the black rose scent is reminiscient of the dark tuxedo color and the carnation is bright like a flower in a lapel. Most of the time I wish top and heart notes would stick around longer, these last just long enough to do there job and fade seemlessly into a very, very sexy finish of moss, woods, musk and amber(I know,I know most frags have these or some combo of these in them but in PER it's like they are brighter or richer)and its not just the basenotes you can smell in the drydown there are hints of top and heartnotes as well, like a mist rising from memories...

Sillage: good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.25/5

For some reason I used to think his frags were generic or cheap but 360, Reserve and Portfolio Elite changed my opinion and led to an explosion of his fragrances in my collection. This one is an aromatic fougere for a daper sort of gent and I reccomend it for dressing up, formal attire and nighttime activities, it does begin quite sharp so I reccomend spraying before one dresses, then walk through a spray on the way out the door...

varondandy
varondandy

the tarragon makes all the other notes open up.very handsome and masculine mix.8 plus hours on me.buy it,its cheap in price and a must in your collection. ciao!

lovescully
lovescully

Amazing citrus blast when first sprayed. Very clean and fresh. The Grapefruit & Bergamot last quite a long time on my skin.

When it gets to the drydown the exotic (& enjoyable) woods kick in. Although for me, the initial citrus burst never really departs fully and remains there in the background, perfectly complimenting the middle and base notes.

In my opinion, it's suitable for any season or any occasion. On me, both longevity & sillage are above average.

Considering that this can be found for about $15 or less, I'd say this is one fantastic value for money bargain.

guest_venego
guest_venego

I tried it today and for me it smells like abercrombie fierce but a little bit lighter,anyway it is an enjoyable cologne.

andy

picked up a 3.99 bottle of ok2000 perfect copy of this and its a plus for me.......great fresh scent cant distinguish individual notes but its definately a VERY popular aroma.......way better than hugo boss hugo spray

zepiroth_kreationz
zepiroth_kreationz

i got this as a gift from my brother.
at first sniff, i liked it immediately. my girlfriend loves it on me. it's light, citrusy and the woodsy drydown is so amazing! All in all, a very clean sensual smell. got so many compliments everytime i wear Perry Ellis Reserve for men.

a highly recommended scent.
absolutely a "TURN ON" fragrance! :D

andy

very nice and trendy masculine scent

Reserve for Men by Perry Ellis 4.13 out of 5 based on 67 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Reserve for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Reserve for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Reserve for Men by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Reserve for Men by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.