Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Amazing Grace Philosophy for women

Amazing Grace Philosophy for women
dislike

I have it: 578 I had it: 204 I want it: 197 My signature: 14

Amazing Grace by Philosophy is a Floral fragrance for women. Top notes are mandarin orange, grapefruit and bergamot; middle notes are freesia, jasmine and rose; base note is musk.

Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Bergamot

Living Grace

Amazing Grace Fragrance Reviews

regnum
regnum

This works so good with my body chemistry, it is just divine. When i smell it on me i actually do have a feeling of amazing grace. Lingers for hours, clean and pure. There is a children's book with the title 'A sound like someone trying not to make a sound' well this perfume reminds me of that book, a perfume trying not to be a perfume.

Lizka7
Lizka7

This is one of my favorite fragrances. It has wonderful longevity, and people often complement me when I wear it. It is not disturbing (like Chanel N5) on me.
It is clean, fresh, and simply amazing. I am loving it!

DionysusSeven
DionysusSeven

Fresh. Clean. A little warm. That's what I get from this. It's a nice floral. It's not offensive at all. Someone could walk by and if this scent wafted to my nose, I would find it very pleasant. Slight fresh shower soap scent. Very lady like and soft, with a touch of familiar cozyness...I feel like it reminds me of a hug from someone and me catching the scent warm against their skin.

sarage
sarage

If I could create a perfume, it would smell something like Amazing Grace. This is truly the purest, cleanest, most fresh fragrance I know, and without that disturbing sour note that is so typical to scents in this category (compare Clean). I don't find anything synthetic in this. This is a perfume that doesn't smell like perfume - it smells pure and clean.
I definitely want this!

tk101585
tk101585

My favorite Grace smell, even though it smells like a very calm grandmother. Seriously. All the g-ma's out there need a bottle of this stuff. I'm 28 and I get embarrassed wearing this.
True story: I was in my friend's car and he was like "WHAT is that SMELL??! It's like a good smell but it's like my grandma is in the backseat hiding"... lo and behold I made him smell my wrist and he goes "yep, that's it." we laughed and laughed and then I got weirded out coz i smelled like an old lady.
Pros: smells good, comforting, musky, floral
Cons: smells like your grandma.

CourtneyBeth
CourtneyBeth

This was my favorite all time scent and something changed about it. I used to be able to smell it on my scarves hanging in the closet. Now it cannot even compare.

I've only tried vintage EdP. I can see the appeal. It lasts well with reasonable projection and doesn't go too far in any one direction to become irritating. On the other hand, I would rather wear Happy than this one, if I wanted to go in this direction. That one is a bit more interesting to me. After a few hours I decided to layer two others with AG and it actually worked out well, which I wasn't expecting. I certainly agree that this is a great office scent, and at least close to being unisex, particularly in "formal" situations and in warm weather, if worn discreetly. For rose that is a bit "feminine," I'd likely reach for Fresh's Cannabis Rose, as that one has clearer and more interesting notes (to me). I wouldn't want AG to be any weaker than the formulation I have, so I can understand disappointment with the EdT or the newest, which I think is called "fragrance spray."

beautyhustler
beautyhustler

Hands down my favorite everyday scent.

leschoux
leschoux

I always find the perfumes in the "Grace" range not memorable, but this one is. Bad news is: it's not in a good way.

Unlike the sisters Pure Grace and Living Grace, Amazing Grace stands out more. Unfortunately, it smells synthetic and I felt a little dizzy when I sampled this. It opens with a very sharp nail polish scent which unfortunately doesn't leave even after one hour or so. I'm not sure whether I sampled a bad bottle or what, but the nail polish scent is so strong that it dulls down the rest. If you sniff hard enough and try to get past that awful smell, you can make out some floral and sweet notes which are actually quite lovely. Such a shame, really. If only the synthetic scent is out, this will be my favourite out of all perfumes in the "Grace" range. Longevity is much better than the others, so is sillage. As it is, though, I can't appreciate it.

Overall, it's a decent perfume if you manage to somehow ignore the sharp synthetic scent. I personally dislike it, unfortunately. I'd rather grab its sister Pure Grace or Living Grace if I want something from this collection.

Elsi
Elsi

I'm wearing 'Amazing Grace' as I write this review. I find that the freesia and musk notes make it seem really clean, so for me it's the perfect perfume to wear after a bath or shower. However I was just in a lift in my apartment building, when a girl said to her partner "Something smells like poo" I immediately held my breath so that I wouldn't inhale said faecal matter. The girl's partner made a reference to his jumper (yuck!) but she disagreed and seemed to incline her head in my direction. I was so embarrassed and luckily at that moment I reached my floor and couldn't get out of there quickly enough! Has anyone else ever experienced an indolic/faecal accord with this fragrance? Could it be the jasmine? I'm clearly oblivious to it!

Didokitty
Didokitty

Very pure and soapy. Very good choice for summer. This is little bit too sharp and synthetic for my taste, so I will not purchase it.

pamelapuffadder
pamelapuffadder

I tried so hard to like this, trying grace and amazing grace, but i gave them away. It never smelled like anything more than alcohol and Tide detergent to me. I like a clean smell, but if I'm putting putting a fragrance on after a shower, I like a little floral or citrus or SOMETHING pretty to sniff on my wrist.

aym
aym

I tried this today and it is straight forward freesia on me. I there is no blending of the scents and I was disappointed at the simplicity of it.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

4 words:
Headache inducing soapy monstrosity.

There was something about this that was heavy, soapy, and just enough of a hint of sweet that I felt nauseous at first spritz. I valiantly gave this not one, not two, but THREE tries before realizing that whatever scent it was people were raving about when they tried this, it was NOT that same scent on my skin.

I am mostly unable to wear ANY Philosophy perfumes, they use something that quite literally just sickens me.

Lovesmells
Lovesmells

I don't smell citrus. I smell powdery smell. It's very soft. It doesn't last extremely long. It's May and as we celebrate mothers' day, I think it's a perfect scent for mums. It can also be used for work, not offensive at all. I wish a wonderful day to all the women out there whether our grandmas, moms or sisters or friends that stand by our side

michelle.p.stpierre

I agree with Ummimtrish's review below and would add that along with the chemical note she is speaking of, it also smelled like play-doh on my skin in the dry-down. Her advise to try before you buy is wise because I'm glad I did.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm reviewing the "fine perfume" version of this fragrance. I still love the original.

ummimtrish

I ran out of my EDT (which I reviewed below) so I decided to blind buy the fine perfume version of this scent, and I regret it :( I'm sorry for the negative review, but I'm hoping that my review helps others who are thinking about buying the fine perfume.

I can't find any similarities between the fine perfume and the EDT/EDP originals. The EDT had nuances of clean laundry hanging outside on a clothesline on a warm breezy day, but the fine perfume literally smells like chemical filled laundry detergent. It's just not as graceful and comforting. In the EDT, lily of the valley was very prominent, but in this new perfume, it seems like that floral note is covered up by some type of synthetic/chemical note.

The fine perfume was promised to last longer, and it does, but not by very much. On my dry skin it lasts about 3-4 hours. Sillage was about the same as the originals.

If you love Amazing Grace and are thinking about buying the new fine perfume version, I highly recommend testing it first. I would rather have the EDP than this "fine perfume".

Vikitoria
Vikitoria

LOL... My BF smelled this on me and said it smelled like dishwashing detergent, but nice. Like Dawn, or something, but nice! Heehee. I am getting a very soapy vibe as well. I used to get more floral from it, but now it's just clean soap, but not the same as Pure Grace. A more floral version of it.

brittney0522

I think this scent is my favorite of all the Philosophy scents.. It is comforting and soft. I just smile when I soray this on and know that I will get whiffs of it coming off of me all day. I try to use body lotion before applying for longevity and it really seems to work.. I am a huge fan of this fragrance,,, You won't be sorry if you buy this one.

flowerlvr711
flowerlvr711

I absolutely just plain LOVE his scent!! I hoard it when i find it at marshalls and tj maxx. lol. The dry down is impeccable. Amazing Grace will not disappoint.

MissNSP23
MissNSP23

A coworker walked past me and I immediately got a hint of maternity wards and newborn babies. It was this scent. I dont think ill like it on me but working around her was an absolute delight. Very clean and fresh, doesnt seem like the type of scent you get a lot of wear out of, since its so light.

gailw415
gailw415

I've read many comments on how the scent does not last. You are correct. Philosophy was bought out a few years ago by Coty and it's been downhill since then. This fragrance used to last all day while still being a subtle fragrance. My dirty clothes in the laundry basket used to smell good but now the fragrance only last maybe 15 minutes. I pulled out an old bottle of perfume prior to the buyout and it clearly shows that Coty changed the formula but they won't admit it. This is like trying to tell everybody that the "new coke" was the same as old "coke" . I wish Coty would listen to their customers and go back to the old formula.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

A work colleague wafted past me and I was like a dog sniffing a bone. What was that glorious smell? She shuffled around from one foot to another and reluctantly said it was Amazing Grace.
I ordered my sample and here is my review.
Well, she lied to me because this is totally different to the fragrance that she was wearing, but this is a lovely fragrance in its own right and I'm very glad that I got the opportunity to sample it.
It opens with a fresh and gentle citrus breeze which tones down to a very lovely floral heart. The jasmine is very gentle and sweet and is never harsh or strong in this perfume.
AG is a soft and gentle lemony fragrance which dries down sweetly but sits very close to the wearer and is very much a skin scent. This perfume is feminine and elegant and perfect for the summer. Other reviewers have said that it doesn't last very long but this is a very reasonable fragrance so a few re spritzes are no big deal.
I'm going to let you into a secret, because you're my fellow perfumistas and Fragrantica rocks!! If you want this perfume to smell utterly outstanding, irresistible, unique, addictive and stunningly amazing, layer it with Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights!
Awesome!

michelle.p.stpierre

This is my second review (my first being more about the notes of this scent). Here I wish to make a point about this fragrance and explain why people might enjoy wearing it. Many here stated that this is a nondescript perfume that doesn't make any statement. I beg to differ.

Oh yes, it doesn't make the "usual" statements perfumes can make like, "I'm powerful", "I'm sexy", "I'm playful"...romantic, elegant, stylish, etc. If you read some of the reviews here, many wear this fragrance working in the healthcare industry or other profession where they are providing services to the public. Some may volunteer at hospitals, battered women's shelters, food banks, soup kitchens providing hot meals to the less fortunate, etc. Here, you don't want to be making any of the statements above because it comes across as intimidating to the people who are receiving help at a time when they are most vulnerable.

Instead, the statement with this perfume is "I'm clean, honorable, caring, compassionate, trustworthy, and competent". It doesn't scream, it speaks softly. It's uplifting as the person wearing it who is providing care to someone who needs to be comforted, uplifted emotionally, empowered, or to feel more secure. It's a very comforting scent that can help put others more at ease and think, "everything is going to be alright, because I'm safe now".

If this is the statement you wish to make for whatever your reason or profession, then this fragrance is for you.

brittney0522

I think this may be my new favorite perfume... I love the initial spray as well as the dry down.. It has great lasting power and I get several compliments every time I wear it.. I have the Fine Perfume and will be buying more Philiosophy scents in the future..

HaNnAmAr1n
HaNnAmAr1n

Amazing Grace smells.. well.. amazing! It's such a soft, clean smell. It smells like everything soft and wonderful- babies, kittens, really soft, freshly-laundered picnic blankets lying in sunshine. It doesn't last too terribly long on my skin but lasts awhile on clothes. I wore Amazing Grace on my wedding day because it pretty much embodies the feeling of being all warm & fuzzy & in love.

hannah.reed.9085
hannah.reed.9085

PERFUME TESTER WARNINGS!!!

My Ulta has an entire wall of perfume right in front of the window (shame on you!) which the sun ruins all of the testers so they smell putrid.. luckily I smelled this at a different store and it changed my mind. So get second opinions at different stores!

Liebetx
Liebetx

Amazing Grace is one of my all time favorite perfumes. Definitely my go-to for summer. I love that I smell "just out of the shower" clean when I wear it. This past summer I had someone tell me I always smell just bathed.
Smells like a good quality French milled soap.
I'm out now of all my AM products but I tend to buy the liquid bath soap & AG scented lotion when I buy the EDP as well. Definitely stick with the EDP. It lasts MUCH longer than the EDT but still doesn't linger nearly long enough hence my reason for wearing with the bath soap & scented lotion. I've even used the deodorant (which I adore) and it lasts a long time but it's expensive and difficult to find.

Every year as I desperately try to spray out the very last lingering drop; I swear I'll not bother buying another bottle. It never lasts more than 3 months with me. Inevitably, once warmer weather arrives none of my winter scent bombs satisfies. I start craving the scent of Amazing Grace then I break down and buy the EDP, bath soap, & scented lotion. ....Addiction.

It's definitely a moderate, tame scent but still always my favorite. Just wish the bottle lasted longer than the summer so I could wear it year round layered with other scents.

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

I smelled this perfume yesterday while at the fragrance wall at Sephora. It smells great.....if you like the smell of suntan lotion. Reminds me of summer just for that aspect. Does it smell nice, yes....but I like the smell of suntan lotion. Would I seriously wear it? Never. Kinda bummed since I heard so many good things about this perfume.

LadyMaverick
LadyMaverick

I am so happy I got myself a little sample before buying a full bottle. This is vile on my skin. A horrible mixture of musk and jasmine with a bit of rose. It smells like old baby powder. No freesia whatsoever. Disappointed.

ummimtrish

This perfume is beautiful! It's so simple and clean, perfect for everyday use. I fell in love with this at first sniff because it reminded me of my childhood (I think its the lily of the valley); it's very comforting. I have the EDT and it is very light and not long lasting. Even if i spray it on clothes, its gone within 2 hours. The projection starts out moderate, and as time passes it sits closer to the skin. I can't wait to use up my bottle so that I could replace it with the fine perfume version since I hear that is stronger and lasts longer.

I forgot to add that the notes listed here are incorrect. Top: bergamot. Middle: lily of the valley. Base: musk. Very simple and very pretty.

Soie
Soie

A dry and soapy floral. It has quite a bitter air to it as well. Overall, it reminds me of a highly-scented laundry detergent / washing powder.

michelle.p.stpierre

When I look at the notes listed here and then what I'm smelling, I think "are we talking about the same scent here"? Fragrantica, you might want to check on this so people blind buying won't be misled.

This for me opens with citrus like maybe bergamot, then comes lily of the valley (muguet) which stays on my skin for a long time and then musk comes in and stays with the lily of the valley until it fades from the skin. I don't smell mandarin or grapefruit and definitely no rose whatsoever. If this has jasmine, it is non-indolic and very clean. I'm not getting any Freesia either. This to me is muguet all the way!

Using a lotion, this lasts a long while (5-6 hours) on the skin and also on clothes. It's a fresh, clean, inoffensive scent that's great for office or relaxing at home.

glassjules
glassjules

I have the solid of this and the word that first comes to mind for me is gentle. It's sweet and soft and kind of cuddly feeling, like a soft white sweater you wear to stay warm on an early spring walk. Really enjoy it. It's become one of my traveling fragrances since it's a solid.

scentread
scentread

Wow! I just wore this yesterday, I hadnt used it in a while I just wanted to have on a scent that was ethereal, pretty, feminine, and soft, glad I did I received so many compliments at work both from women and men. I was told it was so unique and such a beautiful scent. I'm definately wearing this more often! I had to let them know what I was wearing! Kudos to you Philosophy!

Koukla190
Koukla190

this is a nice go-to scent for those days when you just want to smell clean, fresh, soft, feminine, and pretty! I think it is very nice, safe, inoffensive scent- you can't really go wrong with it! And the staying power is not bad on me!: )

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

I wear this to work all the time. I am a hairstylist and many clients say they hate overly perfumed people, they get headaches from it. I can wear this and I always get compliments even from perfume haters :). To me it smells like a super soft sweater washed in tide with downy and then on a line near a field of wild flowers . So, basically like fresh laundry, but in a lovely way. So, I would say perfect for work or going to a family supper , but I like something more intense for special occasions. I can wear it any wear and people only notice if they come in for a hug, but I think that is what the philosophy scents aim for.

wilbs
wilbs

A friend and I beelined straight for Mecca Cosmetica to spritz ourselves with this perfume. A green curry and a few moscatos later, my wrists seemed to attach themselves to my face. I could not get enough of the smell, and despite the public setting, I was not subtle with the self-sniffing.

To me, it smells of the Spring air of my childhood. It's the grumpy neighbour's blossoming citrus tree, my grandma's musky perfume that faintly lingered on my clothes after a hug, the clean salt of the sea that's still too cold to swim in, clean linen, a vase of yellow roses and freesias after sad news, soap and the way my mother says 'fresh'. I find the familiarity almost melancholic.

Amazing Grace is a subtle smell that gently lingers, but feels as though it's cut short before it peaks.

larali
larali

Beautiful scent. I sprayed it about 6 times this morning and I can still smell it in the afternoon.

Very soft, clean and lightly floral. I also wear it to bed and it doesn't cause me allergies or headaches.

tanpeached
tanpeached

I love this scent so much and it's perfect for my job (medical field) but it doesn't last very long on my skin or clothes. For the price, I don't want to have to reapply all the time. I know it's a layering scent so I might have to get the lotion and the body wash but that's additional cost as well.

tbjetta
tbjetta

Philosophy Amazing Grace is a fresh, clean fragrance. If you want to be scented like just coming out of the shower, this is for you. The muguet shines through. I have the set: Body wash is good, lots of lather. The lotion is good, too: Carries the scent a long time and is great for dry skin. However, I'm not sold on the EDT or EDP. They evaporate so very fast, by comparing them to other fragrances, they are not worth the price. Have tried to find them discounted at perfume stores, however they are usually regular price, unless you buy the set (Ulta). If you enjoy this fragrance, stay with the body wash and lotion; don't waste your money on the EDT or EDP.

millie1980
millie1980

Smells like laundry detergent, which isn't a bad thing if you just want to smell freshly showered. However, it is certainly far more soapy than floral, I'm sure you could achieve a similar effect by wearing freshly-washed clothing. I imagine it works well in humid climates.

Soignee
Soignee

I really like this perfume--very fresh and clean-smelling. I had the EDT roller ball, but was frustrated because the fragrance had no staying power. A salewoman convinced me that the EDP was much stronger and gave me a decant of it. It was minimally better. The EDT lasts 1-2 hours, while the EDP lasts 2-3 hours on me.

It's too expensive for such little staying power. I wouldn't buy it.

alanav09
alanav09

first of all... the notes listed are wrong. the "official" notes are "Bergamot, Muguet Blossoms, Musk." the other notes may be in here... but they aren't officially listed anywhere.

on to the review:

if you like lily of the valley (muguet) you will love this. its so classy... I dont even know how to describe it, other than it doesn't wear like a perfume. its like you just smell good....like its a part of you.

i really do love the simplistic packaging. very refreshing in this era of crazy bottles (looking at you, Dot...). very travel friendly.

i think 'pleasant' and 'graceful' are the perfect words to describe the personality of the person wearing this. almost thinking of a ballerina.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I never pay for a perfume that doesn't last. I think most of the Philosophy scents are a gimmick and they want you to layer them with body products (just like BBW does). These are watered down and weak, and it's rather sad because I think they're pleasant. QVC always convinces people to buy it in large amounts or in sets, but I think it's a rip off. Buy it only if you want something weaker than body spray.

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is just a fresh clean powder scent.
I don't get any of the florals or fruits listed, but instead just a light gentle powdery dry musk.
It would be perfect for after bath/before bed, and even nice to scent your linens with.
Light sillage and longevity.

loreeno
loreeno

Life is too short so let's wear the good stuff.

It may seem strange what I am ready to write regarding my review of this perfume.Have you ever selected a perfume to wear because you didn't want to put too much thought into it. Well that's exactly how I felt tonight, life has been rather hectic and being a mature woman I vowed to myself before the sun sets in my life I would indulge my olfactory with exquisite perfumes by enjoying a nightly ritual of applying perfume before retiring to bed. What a gift to one's self to envelope yourself in a beautiful scent before slipping into a slumber. Unfortunately my ritual had slipped by the wayside over the course of the last few months and when I did participate it was sporadic at best. Such a simple pleasure, but it has been monumental to practice this ritual as of late so when I slipped into my well worn night gown and caught a glimpse of myself in my vanity mirror along with the reflection of those bottles of liquid gold, I said to myself,"remember the promise you made to yourself".

I have become quite a collector of perfumes especially mini perfume lots so I glanced over the perfumes and was even thinking of abandoning the process until my eyes focused on this little bottle of Grace. I had overlooked this perfume for upon an initial assessment of it when I got the perfume lot 4 to 5 months ago, I just thought it was rather nondescript. Not wanting to put much thought into it and feeling a little nondescript myself, I placed an ample amount of this perfume on my pulse points. Upon dry down I was pleasantly surprised when I realized how deliciously simple and clean this scent was. It's not powdery nor juvenile but a delightful scent of freesias, gentle musk and lightness. It's not a strong scent with silage but a gentle hinting of a scent that draws you in. Unfortunately it doesn't have much longevity but it is a scent worth refreshing frequently so to enjoy it's lightness and beauty.

evilyse
evilyse

Very fresh scent, but quite different from your typical "fresh" fragrances. It's soft and clean, a feminine, "fresh from the shower" scent, without smelling soapy or powdery the way so many other "fresh" frangrances do.

I work in the medical field and being up-close-and-personal with patients is unavoidable. I am able to wear this scent (layered: shower gel, lotion, body mist, and the occassional refresher-spritz of perfume at lunch time) without offending anyone and actually get compliments nearly everyday... And it isn't the perfume they compliment, they never say "I love the scent you're wearing"; rather, they say, "You smell great", which in my opinion, is the best compliment there is - considering how sweaty and dirty I can get caring for patients!

pbluberry
pbluberry

I don't remember liking this before. I had to smell it again from my sample set and it's not that bad. Jasmine and musk stands out the most here. This is heavy on first application and fades really quickly. Smells clean and pleasent, soapy scent. It's strange how taste and body chemistry changes over time.

JoanCrawford
JoanCrawford

It's just okay. Definatley not boring at all, but it is a take-it-or-leave-it for me. The first thing that hits me is an immense powdery smell (weird because this actually isn't even classified as powder) followed by very sweet white-floral notes. I don't detect citrus at all in this, but I can tell you that it is a very dry scent. Worth trying because everybody I know seems to love it, but I would recommend sampling it first.

marysiac
marysiac

This is THE fragrance I want to wear on my wedding day next year!

freddinos
freddinos

Also a childhood memory for me, and I could pin down what it reminds me of: scented stationery products for girls from the 80s (correspondence kits with pretty pink envelopes and writing pads with shabby chic pictures of angels on them). A hint of fruit and fresh flowers, its first impression has something that is about to say 'amazing' but doesn't quite get there. After an hour I could barely smell it on my arm. Thank god I only got myself a tester because I woulnd't pay the price for a full bottle...

Edit Jan 2013: My husband gave me a 50ml bottle of this as a gift for Xmas! Less than a month later it's finished. I used it about every other day, and usually my perfumes last me years before I use up a bottle. I think this says a lot about how 'well' this lasts (half an hour tops, needs constant reapplying). It's an OK floral, not amazing. Why do people waste such powerful names on such mediocre scents I wonder...

Caeroly
Caeroly

Childhood remembrance...
I absolutely love this fragrance.
Makes me happy. So feminine and girly!
Not sweet, very fresh and fun :)

elena.ivanova
elena.ivanova

beauty is such a personal concept especailly when it comes to perfumes. I have tried to like this scent and after reading all the reviews were convinced to try it. When I boyfriend walked into the room his first comment was....smell of a nice Cleaning product. Now have to agree that the smell is not bad but not for a perfume, maybe furniture oil? After wearing it for a few days it reminded me of the smell in Bellagio hotel in Vegas, nice expensive cleaning product. So not to offend anyone, but sorry grace and beauty is nowhere to be found in this scent. Not sure how it became the best seller, must be amazing marketing.

sundarimudgirl
sundarimudgirl

Agree with everyone who says the body lotion smells different (better) and lasts much longer. A giant bottle is pretty reasonably priced. A great first scent for my 13-year-old daughter (who smells half like this heavenly fragrance and half like insane teenage stank - guess that's what teenage-hood is all about......)

Museumgal
Museumgal

I don't smell much citrus in this, but it is a good fresh light floral, very classic. Gentle enough for the office.

katemcq
katemcq

So beautiful. Such a shame it just doesn't last! Why, oh, why????

Timetoski

received the "Fine Perfume" version of this yesterday and love it! It's definitely higher quality and longer lasting. Had the new Living Grace on the one hand and the AG FP on the other and the AG FP definitely outlasted Living Grace by a good long time. Simply lovely.

francisrose
francisrose

I was so excited to try this fragrance because sometimes a light floral is all I really want. I do enjoy the softness and cleanness of this fragrance, but it simply does not last past a half hour on me.The fragrance is a soft musky floral that borders on a baby lotion smell. I think Glow or Jovan musk achieves what this fragrance aims at, namely a clean soapy, fresh smell. What a shame it has no staying power.

Timetoski

Thank you sweetjen! I was just coming on here to see if anyone had tried the fine perfume. I am ordering today :))

shannon.christensen.986
shannon.christensen.986

I find this to be a very meh fragrance. I don't like it or dislike it. It's very light and smells kind of soapy to me. It also doesn't last that long.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

I do so love this scent. I am a big freesia fan, now, add to this rose, jasmine and musk with a hint of citrus notes; mix in a magic cauldron and you have the cleanest, softest and yummiest 'feel-good' scent that is also unbelievably pretty!

Unfortunately the Perfumistas below me are right; this scent is too fleeting, no matter how many times you spray! It's tragic and shameful because it is so otherworldly pretty. Alas, I wish they would reformulate it into a stronger version.

Definitely a must try on your skin before purchase to see how long it lasts! Perhaps you are the lucky one whose chemistry captures this beauty for several hours. Good luck! : )

4downtheshore
4downtheshore

I always have this perfume. Although it has changed since the company was sold, I notice fewer musk notes, I consider this my signature fragrance. It's the first perfume my husband told me he loved and I love that it's light enough so it doesn't offend anyone around you. I am also a pure grace fan but amazing will always be #1 for me.

sweetjen

Lovveee!!! Just forgot to use the longevity/sillage bar. lol Not used to having this feature yet, which is awesome Fragrantica!!!!

sweetjen

Yayyyyyy!!! I have been complaining about the Projection/Longevity of Amazing Grace for some time. The scent is beautiful. But if a scent doesn't last or project, what is the point right? Well, I am so happy to say that Philosophy has listened to its customers and has come out with an Amazing Grace version that is wonderful.They have it listed as a "fine" perfume and it it truly is. The packaging is great too. Very classy. It is more potent, and lasts and lasts. THANK YOU PHILOSOPHY!!!!!! I am an Amazing Grace customer for life. You did an outstanding job and I am thrilled!!!! :)
You can get this new version on Philosopy's website:)

sweetjen

I am so happy that people are beginning to really complain about scents that don't last/project. I mean, what is the point of a perfume if noone can smell it on you or it doesn't last beyond 5 minutes. A perfume we spend $60.00 and upwards on should last us at the very least a good 4 hours. Really unless you are working out and sweating it should last you all day, giving us nice little whiffs of it throughout the day. That is what a good perfume does and that is what we deserve for our money. I am so happy to announce that Philosophy has been listening to its customers and has come up with a more potent version of Amazing Grace on its website called Amazing Grace Fine Perfume. They claim it does last longer and is again more potent, but I remain skeptical. I absolutely love the scent of Amazing Grace, it is so feminine and soft and just pretty, so I sure hope this "fine perfume" is what it claims to be. I ordered it just yesterday so I will let you all know. I am also SO HAPPY Fragrantica has put in a longevity/sillage bar that rates these components of a scent. It helps the consumer alot when making the decision to risk a new perfume, or pass due to the fact it doesn't last or project based on other fragranticans reviews and use our hard earned money on something that does and deserves our cash:) SO KUDOS TO BOTH FRAGRANTICA AND PHILOSOPHY FOR RESPONDING TO THE VOICE OF THOSE WHO KEEP YOU IN BUSINESS. I think I can speak for the others when I say we appreciate you for showing your appreciation for us by responding to our concerns. Way to go!! :)

chillalot
chillalot

clean feminine scent...skin scent...grea for the evening shower. You won't smell it long after you spray so i suggest layering. but you will get compliments throuhout he day..people will really try to snuggle you to get a whiff. if you don't like people sniffing at you and invading your personal space don't use it..lol

Goodfortune5758

Me too! Love the fragrance, but it doesn't last.

Goodfortune5758

Me too! Love the fragrance, but it doesn't last

Stacierew
Stacierew

Yes....and no. A pleasant scent. Clean, uncomplicated, light. Dries down to an old lady musk. I actually enjoy the body wash and conditioner better, prob because it lacks the musk. Seems like something simple and easy...the scent of a housewife, or a meek "I just smell pretty" sort. Found it boring, like all of their scents.

Udaria
Udaria

Fresh and clean. I thought, "where have I smelled this before?" and then it came to me, either Bounty dryer sheets or Febreeze air spray. Nothing wrong with this scent, although it does not last very long.

This is like a "baby scent" - I mean a beginner, upon which something else could be built. Really very simplistic.

It was a gift. I would not spend any money on a scent that does not last.

It is so clean that it does almost not count as perfume because it lacks an aura of something special.

Household sprays are often like that.

Bianca_Horkan
Bianca_Horkan

Bought this a few years ago upon hearing all the ladies raving about it on QVC one night -- probably my first mistake.

On myself, it's quite strong at first and stays strong throughout most of the day -- or maybe my hand is just a bit heavy. It can give me a bit of a headache. Would be willing to swap this out for something else -- it's not a favorite of mine.

e_lindemann
e_lindemann

I absolutely LOVE this! It's not something that I wear every day, but you definitely could. I never get sick of it, it's so fresh, clean and universal.

shreyashi
shreyashi

The best "clean out of shower" smell that I can imagine. Trying to get my hands on the entire layering set. Once I do, I am definitely using this everyday after shower and following up with something else for the evening.

Light, clean, intimate, feminine and yet complex and calming. I love it every bit.

debi0221
debi0221

This is a very nice clean fragrance. Maybe too clean smelling, every time I wore it to work a male co-worker thought someone had been using cleaner. LOL!! It doesn't really stay on long either. I still have the body lotion it is nice too.

Filigree
Filigree

This perfume is not my usual style of rich, elegant, luxe aromas that have chameleon like tendencies. To me, this is a young (20's), light, no-complications, clean fragrance. It has very little staying power and doesn't magically morph into something more complex, which I usually prefer. Its great for spring and summer and I'd wear this when I wanted to smell like I just stepped out of the shower. It's pretty non-offensive, so I do sometimes wear this to church and other places where there will be crowds.

Personal preferences aside, it has zero staying power, even using all of the layering products. I purchased the oil rollerball (discontinued) and even that doesn't have any staying power to speak of.

cdz28
cdz28

I love this fragrance but I find it expensive. Today I visited CVS pharmacy and they carry an inexpensive version that is exactly alike. It's called Simply Pretty - Our Impression of Amazing Grace Eau de Toilette (trademark Boom LLC New York, NY). The bottle is 3.4 ounces and costs $9.99.

hockeygirl256
hockeygirl256

Have this in the EDT and lotion. It didn't last so I bought the parfum roller ball. That didn't last, so I returned it. Smells great but does not last.

sweetjen

Such a shame!!!! Tis is such a lovely scent but has NO STAYING POWER. THERE IS NO POINT to a scent and spending this kind of money when it doesn't last. Unless we all continue returning scents to the stores and let them know we are returning them due to no lasting power, they will continue to pump out "water" perfumes.
A large number of people agree these Philosophy scents DO NOT LAST!! I DO NOT GET WHY people continue to purchase them!!!

Hey Philosophy, we love your Amazing Grace, but please give us what we pay for. A beautiful, long lasting scent that lingers throughout the day!!!

One lady said something about, " don't get so caught up on the idea of whether a scent lasts or not, if it doesn't, so what, just revisit it throughout the day." In other words, respray and respray. OR "layer". It's like maybe you like wasting your money and don't care if you get what you pay for or not, but maybe most people do. I mean hey, I don't mind if I need to respray once throughout the day, maybe even 2 or 3 more times, but when you have to respray every 30 minutes cause you love the scent, that is ridiculous and a joke. And unfortunately, that is what we are getting with ALOT OF SCENTS pumped out on the market today. If you can get a vintage frag that cost 20.00 but last ALL DAY LONG, then they can make a 60-100$ frag last. DO NOT put it out there if it doesn't last.

I mean, it is brilliant marketing, all in the name of greed. But I for one am tired of it. I don't want to HAVE to buy the lotion, shower gel, etc, just to make a frag last. In essence, when we do this, we are paying 200$ for a fragrance that STILL doesn't last long.

I honestly don't mean to be so negative, I am really not a negative person, but it just frustrates me when people work hard for their money and we get treated with such disrespect. And it will continue as long as we let it.

Do you hear us Philosophy?????

mrh322
mrh322

A nice clean floral scent. I don't wear it everyday, but it is my go-to scent for travel. (I have the travel size bottle for trips.)

dkny27
dkny27

Thought from the sounds of the name it would be light and clean, I guess that is the case for some noses. All I could smell was a flat soapy scent that reminded me of dollar store bath soaps.... Sorry, but just isn't for me.

kirtylou
kirtylou

This is surprisingly nice. Warm, soapy, woody. Great for every-day wear as it makes you smell warm and clean, like you just showered. Definitely a day-time, indoors perfume. I can imagine wearing it for any season, any time.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Philosophy’s Amazing Grace is truly the best clean smelling fragrance on the market! Amazing Grace will whisk you away into a soapy soft floral heaven. Freesia and jasmine work wonders with a light hint of rose and grapefruit to subtle undertones of bergamot and musk. Amazing Grace is the perfect fragrance for that just out of the shower scent and clean laundry freshness!

connie.o'strand
connie.o'strand

Love it. Fresh and clean. The only perfume I ever get compliments on.

IrisPurpleButterfly
IrisPurpleButterfly

Pretty smells like soap.

Blackirish
Blackirish

This is one of thee most cleanest softest sents I've ever owned!! It's like a bubble bath sent.its comforting,clean,soft,relaxing,calming,soothing sents. I'm not a pro on the notes but I can say this is just wonderful.its def.not exciting or powerful or sexy.this is a sent maybe for work, or a day just relaxing .i work w/ children & they seem 2 love this sent on me.i also must say, on days when Im just to lazy to shower I spray this,it's the sent of clean.on a soft level.this is worth a buy.

Beketaten
Beketaten

It's a very light, clean floral. One of the few perfumes I have bought more than once - I used to really like it, but now find it too sharp and the staying power is very poor. The firming body lotion by Philosophy in this scent is excellent though, as is the salt body scrub, and using these does make the fragrance last longer on your skin.

Repogirl
Repogirl

I really grew to love this scent and now is one of my favorites! The lotion is also divine. At first I wasn't that impressed but now I can't live without itl :)

989jul
989jul

Clean and kind of soapy fragrance. Nice but slightly boring.

hlhenderson
hlhenderson

A sedate but pleasant scent with a strong presence of rose, or should I say antique rose. This could almost pass as an "old lady" perfume, but not quite. And that's what gives it its charm.

wildpearwoods
wildpearwoods

Amazing Grace is the only perfume EVER that doesn't give me a head ache or make me nauseous. It has a very pleasing fragrance that my husband loves. These reasons coupled with the fact that men and women...young and old...friends and strangers- all give me compliments every where I go every time that I wear it have made it my signature scent. True, it is not a powerful scent and it does have a seemingly short staying power and I never notice any lingering scent on my cloths or personal items many hours after an application...but perhaps it lacks the exact chemicals that would otherwise give it staying power as well as give me headaches.!! So I am very happy with Amazing Grace.

Gingersnpr1234
Gingersnpr1234

Mix this scent with Clean, Clean Not much of a differnce ,just enough for a pleasant mix of loveliness.

Tovah
Tovah

Amazing Grace, to me, seems like the "base" of a perfume that was never built upon. It smells like the classic scent pairing of rose and jasmine, mixed with some Bonne Bell Skin Musk. This is a nice, shampoo-ish fragrance for refreshment in extreme heat, deodorizing, and freshening bedsheets and towels. I think the fragrance is comforting, pleasant, and bright. But I cannot categorize this with my personal concept of "perfume". This is something I would spray on myself while housecleaning and doing laundry, or running around town doing tedious errands. On occasions when I'm dressed well, and I want to express myself, this is just about the last thing I'd choose to scent myself with. I have gotten many compliments when wearing this fragrance, even from my husband. I've noticed many hospital workers, nurses, and doctors wear Amazing Grace. It's perfect for a professional medical environment, because it's so comforting and fresh. It's like cuddling in a warm towel that was just pulled off a clothesline.

hollyms

While I do love this, I'm realizing that it really is a rather mature scent, and at only 24 years old, it's a bit too aged for me. That's not to imply this is a bad scent!! Not at all! It's amazing, I just don't think it suits younger people since it has very little sweetness. It smells like a successful, very elegant woman, perhaps a loving mother whose also very stylish. I might wear this when I get into my 30s :)

Philosophy AMAZING GRACE is doubly misnamed. Another shower-in-a-bottle frag, this one is so nondescript that the most I can say is that it's a very slightly soapy, very light generic floral composition. Could be peony; could be lily-of-the-valley. In the end, this is the classic “abstract floral” (aka “chemical soup”) about which some self-proclaimed authorities (cough cough) have raved. After two cases, I'm starting to understand the underlying philosophy of the Philosophy brand: it's all about being bland. Bland is not ugly nor is it a source of strife. On the other hand, it's neither beautiful nor inspiring. It's really the epitome of “meh,” a bit like white noise: you just tune it out after a bit of time.

These GRACE fragrances call to mind an article I recently read by a woman who took SSRIs for five years and reported that during that time she watched her life from afar, and, while she cared, she did not care so much. She noticed that her memory was worse, but she attributed it to her advancing age (all of 40...). Same story for her somewhat doughy, slightly flabby body. And she just didn't care. So naturally she did not care that she did not care. This is how I feel about the Philosophy line: I just don't care for these compositions at all, though I have nothing in particular against them. They are entirely forgettable “unperfumes” to me. They're not even distinct enough to be anti-perfume, because in order to be anti- something, you have to have something to say.

hollyms

The EDT I don't like so much. It takes away all the warmth and just leaves a bunch of florals. The EDP however, I couldn't love more!

gemgirl26
gemgirl26

I am a fan of a lot of Philosophy's perfumes and this one, by far, is my favorite. I don't really get much citrus from this - mostly a soft floral/powdery smell - a little clean, a little warm, a little feminine. I don't think it's overpowering - I do wear it to the office and get complements. It lasts most of an 8-hour work day for me, too, which is nice. This is my go-to perfume, one that I wear almost daily, although I wouldn't wear it for a night on the town.

Edit: I was recently given a bottle of the "spray fragrance" as a gift and it doesn't last more than an hour or two on me. Will have to make sure I ask for the perfume next time!

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

as an air freshener or fabric softener, i think this would be quite nice. as a perfume, it just doesn't work on me. it's soft and clean and gentle and just seems incomplete.

Hilde
Hilde

This is a really great scent for smelling clean and fresh. It's that type of scent that I like to wear after the shower in the same wain as Curiosity and CLEAN Shower Fresh.

It's a very soft floral that I find suitable for work, because it is so inoffensive and soft.

The lasting power is good on me. I don't know if the lasting power of the sillage is, but I can smell it for 6 hrs+

It's a very versatile scent that you can pick when you don't really know what to wear, it doesn't have a huge personality but it's so very easy to wear. Makes you feel showered, fresh and feminine. :) It's rather innocent and not "perfumey" if that's a word, rather it makes it smell like YOU are clean.

I have not tried the body lotion or whatever other people are talking about here, I'm reviewing a 1 oz spray bottle that says "spray fragrance" on it.

i find this very feminine and light. i also find that it does last about 4 hrs on me, which is a good thing. this is a very nice, clean and well balanced perfume. very down to earth and calming. none of these notes come on too strong, they seem to all be in perfect harmony with each other. lovely for day. very nice. 9 out of 10.

mizzjnice

I love Amazing Grace! When I wear it, it makes me want to close my eyes and go "Mmmmm!!" It's so relaxing, calming, and uplifting to me. I usually don't like "clean", "baby powdery" fragrances; I prefer dirty, musky, sweet scents. This perfume is the exception! It's so feminine and reminds me of baby cologne or something a new mom would wear around her baby. It's soft, unoffensive, sweet, and floral (and I usually hate floral notes). I think the name is very fitting because this does strike me as a very "graceful" scent. I sprayed it on myself today right before I went running, which would seem like a weird time to wear this perfume but it made me feel happy to smell it while I ran. Afterwards, when I was sweaty and covered in dust from the road, I still felt feminine because of this fragrance :) I would recommend this for work, a date, or anytime you want to wear an uplifting, classy, womanly perfume.

dulcedeleche
dulcedeleche

it's a soft delicate scent,nothing special. i like pure grace better. =(

hswenia
hswenia

The original Amazing Grace is the the body lotion. That smells absolutely amazing and is the only scent I have ever recieved so many compliments on. The actual perfume smells nothing like the lotion and that is why people are confused when they smell the perfume and wonder why its popular. Get the lotion. Youll smell heavenly.

mizzjnice

So far, this is the only floral fragrance that I like. The flowers are soft, not overpowering, and there's a hint of something creamy in the background that reminds me of Burt's Bees Buttermilk baby lotion. This is a very pretty, light floral.

Amarie121
Amarie121

My "Amazing Grace Perfumed Lotion" Moment: I was wheeled into the operating room for a procedure. The anesthesiologist was leaning over me and beginning to "push" the meds in my veins to make me sleep. He chose that moment to exclaim, "Wow! You smell great. What perfume are you wearing?". I struggled to remember as my mind began to fade... I think I got out "Amazing...something or another. But it's lotion.". And..... I was out! As a person with chemical sensitivities, I find that I can wear it without causing a headache, something I cannot do with my favorite florals (Bulgari, Lalique, anything with lillies...). A soft perfume that doesn't offend those around us.

glamrose
glamrose

This is great for people with sensitive olfactory nerves. Great for office use or having an interview, conference, etc. Clean, plain, serene and amazing indeed!

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

Smells disgusting in the bottle. As well as on first spray. At first I wondered why it was so expensive. But over time it smelled lovely and clean, like fresh linen and soap. Not offending at all and perfect for everyday wear, summer or winter. Quite pleasant. I find myself wearing it more now.

agi
agi

This perfume is not long lasting,flowery smell,fresh and clean,but nothing slpeciall,i tot by other people reviews its goingt to be The one..but noo..i dont get eny compliments at all with this perfume.

blakie44
blakie44

It smells like expensive soap, almost like a candle. I would not wear it , but I don't hate it.

chanellove17
chanellove17

Beautiful! Perfect for those days where you want to smell good, but not as if you have loaded alot of perfume onto yourself. Simple, clean, feminine.

Anissa
Anissa

This was my signature everyday fragrance for 3 years.It suits perfectly in every occasion at daytime and evening and every weather from crispy winter to hot and humid summer.

Philosophy Amazing Grace is pure, soft, feminine and beautiful and it gets complimets all the time from men and women. This is the only one perfume I`ve been able to use so many years (I used nothing but this for 3 years).I still might get it at some point again,but now I need some change.Still a wonderful scent!

beautyenvy
beautyenvy

I'm very surprised at the comments from people that this isn't a long lasting fragrance for them! I know we are all different, but I've had a different experience. This is one scent that lingers with me for a long time. Maybe it is because I use the roller-ball eau de parfum? I just ran out today, and am looking for a new one. Definitely, as others described, a clean scent. My mother-in-law got all of us girls this body wash from QVC a few years ago and I was hooked immediately. Bought the EDP roller shortly afterwards. For those of you that can't get the scent to stay, try switching from the EDT spray to the EDP roller ball.

breeze&somnolence
breeze&somnolence

Like many, I would describe this scent as "clean". If clean and light is what you are looking for, this is the perfume for you.

One can say it's the way happiness smells , or serenity, the air and the clouds when you are positively glowing. Comforting, soft and silky as a feather. Amazing grace is all about comfort. when you are at peace with yourself, and the world around.

I spritz it on even when I am not going out. It's like an innocent fantasy that I would like to share most with myself.

It is amazing the way they invented a scent like this. I will go as far as saying its the scent of my dreams.

Heavenly, heavenly. Just wished it would last longer. :(

mdnightxrose
mdnightxrose

This is a very light and sweet perfume. I have the roll on, so you can't really tell I'm wearing this scent unless you are very close to me. But it really is such an innocent scent great for when you just want to wear something for yourself on a comfortable. Also ideal for little girls dipping their toes into perfume.

hereisbonnie
hereisbonnie

i like this as its fresh and clean. can wear it to work without gagging someone with to much "flower"

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Swimming in a heavily chlorinated pool at the beginning of summer...a clear, sunny, day. I apply suntan lotion...Coppertone classic to be exact. Then, I lie down on a freshly laundered towel...the smell of jasmine wafting in the air. This, my friends, is the smell of Amazing Grace...all of these smells combined into one bottle of scent. It is pleasant. You have to be in the mood for it. Also, it has limited staying power. Very limited. Noone can smell it on you. Only you will know it's there.

KateZeGreat
KateZeGreat

Basic, non-offensive perfume. Amazing Grace is great if you want to smell "freshly showered" all day long + a little something extra. I like the shower-gel/wash better than the spray perfume as it's not as acrid (perfume is quite acrid on 1st application) and can be used a shampoo that leaves a hint of musk, and hair feeling clean and soft. This perfume is very single-note/linear to me, it smells almost the same start-to-finish

I do not like the body lotion, it smells just like suntan lotion/cheap soap and is greasy and heavy.

A-a-mazing Grace...how sweet the scent!

To me this is a perfume for those who want to smell nice and fresh and sweet, but NOT perfume-y. It opens very brightly with citruses: clean and crisp with mandarin, bergamot and grapefruit. All quite sheer yet ever so slightly sharp, in the best possible way. It has limited development, but then it doesn't really need to evolve much. It just smells really nice. The heart notes of freesia and jasmine and rose (so overused in perfumery) create something divine here...amazing indeed! Flowery? Yes, but in the simplest possible combination. Jasmine: smooth and dainty, rose: simple but pure and freesia: smooth and dry. No truckload of flowers dumped over your head here, just a reassuring whisper here and there. To be honest, my first thought as the (obviously) white musk appeared was "clean laundry". But, you know...that smell has always been comforting to me. AG is the same type of feel-something you can snuggle into and feel warm and safe. It really is transcendant in its simplicity.

Sillage: okay
Longevity: average
Overall: 3/5

This would make an ideal gift for anyone who wants to give a gift of perfume to someone who does not "like" richer more musky, earthy more sensual scents. It is straight forward and still sublime. The minis from Philosophy are twice the size of most other companies (Mother's is 10 ml) and have threaded caps. I like this, as sometimes I tend to pull too hard on stopper tops and spill precious "juice" all over! They are priced very reasonably also...

flowermom
flowermom

this is a "comfort" smell, not a wow perfume but one of my favourites, a gentle clean smell, which has that "soap, talc" smell, inoffensive & easy wearing, quite subtle, i only wear the "parfum" version as the edt is to light, this is the perfume i always reach for when i get fed up of my current scents!for those of you who like that clean subtle perfume get this im sure you will love it!

naksigulu
naksigulu

i recommend spray fragnance one, parfum little oily and little heavy i think
so beautiful scent.ilove it.Also i have hand cream, shower gel shimmer puff body butter shimmer body lotion parfum and face powder

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Just like with Jlo's Glo, this is not a "perfumey" perfume. It has a soft, clean scent to it that does remind one of soap.
If you want your perfume to be noticable or to make a statement, you might want to pass on this one. But if you like a fresh, clean scent all day then this would be a good "perfume" for that. :)

seretrisk
seretrisk

My sister just bought this for me because I had smelled it on other peopleeach time I would ask what they were wearing they'ed tell me Amazing Grace! When I first put it on, I was dismayed because it smelled soapy, but as time went on, the smell that wafted up was the smell I recognized. Persoanlly, I love it!

katame131997
katame131997

I ordered this based off so many recomendations. Let me just start off by saying that I do not like this fragrance. I know that this is meant to be a floral, but to me the initial spray smells like sharp and slightly alcoholy and the dry down is even worse.

When it finally settles into the skin it smells like soap. Pure ivory bar soap. Ugh. I just walked around smelling like detergent or soap all day.

This is a very fresh scent, but NOT in a good way. You should try before you buy.

romrom
romrom

I was so happy to buy this one, but then I got home and the fragrace was just o.k, nothing special. I was so dissapointed because I really wanted to love it but it just smelled like baby powder. :-(

guest_bheta
guest_bheta

I was so exited to try this one, becaud of its popularity, its name, everything.
I am dissapointed. It´s not bad, but nothing really nothing special at all for me, sorry. Mix of soap and baby powder.

Amazingly boring

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Give this perfume try! I have to say that Amazing Grace is the one perfume that has given me the most compliments ever. I wish it wasn't,because I have another new favorite (Chloe-Love) and yet people tell me when I'm wearing Amazing Grace that I smell SO WONDERFUL! The funny thing is that I often receive compliments several hours after I first spray it on and that says something about how longlasting this scent is.I usually spray it on my hair and obviously it lasts for many hours(EDP).

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

Every girl should have at least one fragrance to use on those "umm, not sure what to expect of this day, not sure about how feel today, not sure 'bout anything today at all" days.

I feel on these weird days Amazing grace suits perfectly. People around you won't notice it as a scent, but rather notice you smell good, instead of your perfume smelling good. It gives a clean sensation with lots of lemons and tiny tiny apple accord, but very soon the lemony edges are tamed down by some feminine florals with rose and jasmine and fluffed with clean musk.

After all it gives a clean but feminine sensation, wich suits you while in jeans and t-shirt digging up the garden, as well as going out in evening dress or dating, it's just plainly pleasant, after all I haven't met anyone who disleked it, actually most male commented rather positive, as I said "you smell good" not "your perfume smells good" ;-)

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I agree with Chris v.V.... I recall a lot of tea as well. I bought this off of QVC and wore it for a couple of days, literally trying to force myself to adjust and like it. I couldn't. My hubby said I smelled like an old lady's attic, and I thought it smelled like a room deodorizer. I ended up sending it back... Although it was a blind buy, I did get refunded. I prefer Oriental scents, and can tolerate some florals, but this just didn't cut it for me.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Came home with a sample (I watched her actually spray it into a bottle, put it in a little ziplock bag, label it and hand it directly to me), so I know I'm on the right page.

Still, I'm sensing something totally different than other reviewers.

On my skin I get a LOT of fragrant TEA, believe it or not. And a sense of the BEACH, too (not in a water notes way, but in a salty/coral way). Weird, huh?

And it's very pleasant! However, like the other reviewers, I find it doesn't last long at all. I could see myself owning this, but I'd have to spray it every hour on the hour, and the bottle would be gone in no time.

chance25
chance25

This perfume actually makes me nauseous. I've worn it on other occasions and the same feeling would over come me. I don't know what chemical or arrangement of notes does this, but it's not pleasant.

kitka
kitka

Update 3/2013: tried the Amazing Grace "Fine" perfume and found that to be a deeper scent which i am enjoying. Easy to wear and gentle. Seems to be richer than the other "strengths."

---------------

I found Amazing Grace to last the entire day and thought it was a light, pleasing scent. However, my husband told me at least 3 times that it didn't smell like a fragrance, but like deodorant soap....ok, it's going back.

Casi
Casi

Around 11am this morning, I applied one spray on the inside of my elbow. It is now after 4pm and Amazing Grace is still delighting me with it's soft, beautiful presence. I am fairly certain that my sample is the EDT version. So many reviews read that this isn't long lasting. I must disagree. Granted, this scent stays very close to the skin and it is not a perfume meant for getting "noticed." Yet, I must admit, I am truly enjoying Amazing Grace! This is a sheer floral meshed with a clean musk to create a sweet, fresh skin scent. It reminds me a bit of these beautiful scented soaps that I have called, "Fresh Linen." I don't detect any fruit in the open. I layered this with an all-natural rose body cream and it really smells so lovely and feminine. The rose in Amazing Grace is quite similar to the rose in my body cream...a soft, "real rose" scent...nothing synthetic. This begins quite delicately and within minutes, it warms to my skin, lifting my spirit. I am eager to try the EDP and scented oil in this. Depending on which concentration I prefer, I will definately purchase.

I do believe that this would be a perfect gift for nearly any woman of any age for any occasion/season, night or day. Amazing Grace is really so pretty.

midsummer
midsummer

Helllooooo, jasmine! I tested this at Macy's and almost immediately forgot it was on my wrist. Not a particularly good sign for a perfume, but it was at the end of a very long and exhausting shopping expedition.

I may have missed some fireworks in there, but when I smelled my wrist a couple hours later - all I could smell was jasmine. It's a good smell, a pleasant smell, but when I go for a perfume, I like a bit of adventure and variety. Oh well.

Alinaishere
Alinaishere

its ok with me. i heard amazing things about his perfume, so i bought it, but its too baby powdery!

mademoiselle_louis
mademoiselle_louis

Ive got it but prefer the smell of the body lotion, which lasts so much longer and somehow smells different and better in my view.

macbaby
macbaby

This is too musky for me, I prefer Inner Grace.

OceanLovePotion
OceanLovePotion

good. fresh and clean. does not last long, and hard to detect. so sad, would've been so good if it lasted...

guest_.jvin
guest_.jvin

This one is so hyped, or was very hyped some time ago, and it´s soooo blahhh. The best thing about this perfume is it´s name , but it doesn´t fit at all. Grace? No,when I hear "grace" I picture a really elegant perfume, and not this laundry-fresh, baby-whipe "Amazing Grace", sorry...

Malibu
Malibu

I love this. AMAZING GRACE is very soft, feminine and clean.
It’s deliberately close to the skin so just you & that special someone can smell it, rather then the whole street. Being so simple and uncluttered, AMAZING GRACE doesn’t smell artificial.
I also love the sleek, simple bottle design.

Sometimes less is more.

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

Musky w/ some lemon..musty on me. Maybe it's my body chemistry..

abigailmarie
abigailmarie

This is my favorite perfume. It smells very clean and yet the floral is there making it very feminine. If I could only wear one scent--this is it! I wear it to work with no problems. It just makes me feel good. I love the body lotion and body wash as well. Its not overpowering but I know I have it on. This perfume is wonderful! I love the soapy note to it. It's great for someone that doesn't want to overpower at work but wants to smell clean and good.

Sherria
Sherria

This fragrance is way to sharp for me. It reminds me of something a person would wear to a bbq. i know that's weird but that's how peppery it smells. im glad it didnt last.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

Amazing Grace is "amazing". Simple balanced perfume. Perfect for day and night. I really love this one, it is my number 1 favorite. Is is light and fresh and not to heavy.

guest_Mimi
guest_Mimi

I really love Amazing Grace. Got a sample and this is just what I was looking for : fresh, clean and sexy.
I bought a big 4 oz. bottle and still very happy with it. The thing I don't like is that it has poor staying power. So next time I will get an eau de perfume.

black bacarra
black bacarra

A floral i do not like. It smells sort of medicinal crossed with old lady perfume on me. Thank goodness it does not last long.

I prefer Pure Grace.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

Upon dry down, I smell Amazing Grace as quite peppery. I have received compliments on this one from others as smelling 'warm'. Scent does not last long on my either. Sigh.

Leesee
Leesee

On the plus side? This is one of the freshest and cleanest scents I have ever owned, so much so that I imagine it to be the sort of fragrance even fragrance-haters can appreciate. On the minus side, Amazing Grace has a deplorable lack of staying power, even when layered. To sum up, a good scent, but a frustratingly fleeting one.

cognac
cognac

love this but this doesnt last on my skin
BHOOO SOB SOB !!!!!!

Amazing Grace by Philosophy 3.78 out of 5 based on 584 ratings and 148 user reviews

philosophy Amazing Grace Fragrance 0.5 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Gift Set 16oz
philosophy Amazing Grace Fine Perfume Jumbo Layering Gift Set
philosophy Amazing Grace Fine Perfume Jumbo Layering Gift Set
Gift Set 2oz
Philosophy Amazing Grace Coffret Fragrance Spray 60ml 2oz Firming Body Emulsion 60ml 2oz Bath Shower Gel 60ml 2oz 3pcs

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Philosophy Amazing Grace fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Philosophy Amazing Grace, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amazing Grace by Philosophy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amazing Grace by Philosophy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.