Designers » N-Q » Aromatic « Groups

Fresh Cream Philosophy for women and men
dislike

milky
Fresh Cream Philosophy for women and men Pictures

Fresh Cream by Philosophy is a Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Fresh Cream was launched in 2013. The fragrance features whipped cream, floral notes, powdery notes, sweet notes and milk.

Whipped cream Floral Notes Powdery Notes Sweet Notes Milk

Amour De Cacao

Fresh Cream Fragrance Reviews

unsrsly
unsrsly

Delicious! So sweet. I get mostly vanilla and a tiny bit of milkiness. It is very simple but that makes it so wonderful to me. Wear this if you want to smell like whipped cream or some type of vanilla dessert. It stays close to the skin but has decent longevity.

poolsoflaughter
poolsoflaughter

My husband asked me if I wanted to smell like a milkshake when I was wearing this! It smells like vanilla and baked goods, and lasts for a very long time. I love it.

daisyvision
daisyvision

I recently got a bottle of this for my sister (since she wouldn't shaddap about how amazing it is, haha!) Before sending it off in a perfume-filled care package, I just had to try it out for myself. I couldn't imagine what it might smell like, based on the name and sheer lack of notes.

Like other reviewers, I too, get hints of florals/musk.. it's sweet, but not toothache-inducing gourmand-style sweet. It's light, refreshing, and gives your skin a sweet-smelling pick me up, without overpowering it. It's not my personal preference (I go for dark and complicated scents typically), but it is quite nice for what it is, and considering the name, isn't the least bit misleading.

cobradeathmatch
cobradeathmatch

I love the entire Fresh Cream line. One of the things Philosophy did well with this one was to make each of the Fresh Cream products smell a little different so that layering them or wearing one at a time all create a different experience.

The Fresh Cream shower gel is slightly creamy, a little soapy, and has only the faintest hint of sweetness.

The Fresh Cream body lotion is very creamy, a little sweeter than the body wash, and has a nice vanilla note that lasts for hours. The lotion is probably my favorite Fresh Cream item. My favorite thing to do with it is to layer it under Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée — that Atelier Vanille is probably my favorite vanilla scent of all time but it has terrible longevity. The Fresh Cream body lotion really makes it last, and also magnifies it a bit. I also love how it performs when layered under Aerin Amber Musk.

The Fresh Cream perfume spray is the sweetest of the three. It's milky, but not vanilla to my nose. At first spritz, it smells fresh and milky sweet, with a vague hint of something floral, and reminds me of cold, fresh, whipped cream. The scent warms up in time, and the dry down reminds me a lot of sweetened condensed milk. It's a really cozy night time or cold weather scent on it's own, but also works well when layered with brighter, fruitier scents such as Unconditional Love or Comptoir Sud Pacifique Mora Bella.

SaraSeantae
SaraSeantae

Very creamy! Softly sweet, just the way whipped cream tastes. I get a sense of berries somehow, and the whole thing becomes the lingering phantom of a fabulously simple summertime desert. Very young/girly, this is one scent I'm almost ashamed to adore so much...but I can't help it.

Longevity is poor, but it's ccomforting how close it sits.

Labboro
Labboro

This seems to be a very youthful scent. I considered gifting to my niece but am waiting to decide on that for now. It is a very warm, creamy, sweet slightly powdery vanilla scent. Like other Philosophy scents it doesn't last long but I get a good 4 hours on my skin. I think this is more of a night scent or cool weather scent. It is a very "edible" scent and I enjoy wearing it to bed

appleorchard
appleorchard

This wasn't as bad as I expected. It smells like malted or condensed milk. But sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet! Like no amount of sugar could ever make any dessert smell that sweet lol.

Objections
Objections

I wanted to smell this so bad for so long and yesterday i had my chance. I dont know if the bottle was bad or something but this smelt nothing at all like cream it smelt like cat urine and stale graham crackers. I had to scrub it off asap. Might have just been my chemistry, to each there own.

Tanyacoca
Tanyacoca

When first sprayed on, this smells terrible, like pungent condensed **artificial** coffee creamer, extra sweet and heady, like they made a brick of cheese from fake creamer. Soooo bad. BUT.... then it fades, and if you don't smell it directly where you sprayed it and just waft it from a distance, it smells like cool ice cream, very nice. I imagine it's pleasant to the people around you since they're less likely to get a strong waft of it. Just don't spray it anywhere near your face or neck and you should be good.

tittertat
tittertat

I love this and how it does smell Luke the kind of cream you make butter with! Its not complicated but will have people leaning closer to smell your delicious scent. I recommend wearing if you want a certain someone to get closer..

MrBumblepants
MrBumblepants

I really like this scent and I'm a dude. It's not overpowering and not overly sweet on my skin. Also not too vanilla. As much as I like vanilla if it's overdone it becomes sickening. And I don't find it to be too feminine on me.

Bought a small decant just to test it out but now ordering a full bottle. And the price is on the cheaper side of things so that's always a bonus.

Aspendina
Aspendina

this is amazing. Its sweet and creamy and smells alot like Pacifica Island Vanilla but it has a milky note and Pacifica has a bit more vanilla but still similar. I super love this and gotta add to my collection.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

This does not play well with me. I get milk, but it's not a sour milk, it's almost a milk just ready to turn. No Boost for me, no milk after cereal for me. I get no marshmallow, no sweetness. Do try before you buy, as with anything because I thought for sure I'd love this, but no chemistry says no. Post Meno could be the reason. I loved the shower gel and lotion, but that is all. This wasn't even good layered over Love by Kilian, which is pretty sugary on me, a little marshmallow and burnt sugar, in fact, it ruined my "Love", so I had to spray over. Enjoy if it works for you! Vive Le France!

Lovely36
Lovely36

Pure yumminess. One of my students loved that I smelled like cupcakes wearing this scent. Perfect for working with children. This is a scent for your own enjoyment. Wafts up throughout the day and makes you feel comforted. But also makes you crave sweets, be warned! It needs the right audience but it's fun.

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

I love vanillas and creamy scents, and have been on a gourmand kick lately. But this, nope. It turned sour smelling on me :(
If I'm in the mood for smelling like cream I'll reach for my Gold Sugar.

june7rose
june7rose

Lisa Mari, which ingredients? I'm really curious because Philosophy is supposed to be safe for anyone, there are no parabens, etc.

This does smell exactly like a dairy product-- both the good and the bad. I love the vanilla, but occasionally it smells like a TURNED dairy product. If I'm doing Philosophy, I'll do the lotion with something else, combining the lotion and perfume is a little too Mary Milk Maid. It's delighfully sweet, but not remotely sexy.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Its definitely cream, not milk. its smells sticky and very sugary sweet, almost like a cream bun. Its a little too sweet and unfortunately contains harmful chemical ingredients

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

This not only has a whipping cream smell, but also the slight smell of the aerosol thats left in the can after you've finished the cream. If you're curious as to what this smells like, smell the nozzle of an empty whipping cream can. So delicious!

UPDATE: I sprayed this today at around 7pm while I had L de Lolita lempicka on from 10am in the morning. i got home at 8 pm and as soon as i sat down, not even for 3 seconds my sister took and sniff and said "You smell like Kinder bueno.. Have you been eating kinder bueno?"

Hotheart123
Hotheart123

I renember having the body lotion of this, but I used it all. I was sad to throw it away, but then my sister brought the pefume home, so I guess I stiill have this.

Very creamy and rich. Filligree4life is wrong.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This smells like fresh whipped cream -- the homemade kind made with beaters -- and a hint of confectioner's sugar. Nothing complex but a lovely light milky scent, great for cozy evenings at home. Light sillage so would be acceptable for work settings -- unlike some vanillas it won't overwhelm. Drawback is the lasting power, only three hours on me which is a bit low for a vanilla/base note based scent.

Filigree4Life
Filigree4Life

This did not smell fresh or creamy at all. To my nose, it's a generic, foodie vanilla, with a very sweet, powdery and musty dry-down. It smells really a lot like confectioners sugar. In fact Stale Baking Sugar would be a better name for this.There is nothing fresh or creamy about this stuff. It reminds me very closely of Bodycology's Toasted Vanilla Sugar (Philosophy is also owned by Coty). Anyway, it is very seductively named and hyped, but little different than BBW Warm Vanilla sugar or the above mentioned Bodycology.

andrea2089
andrea2089

I had high hopes for this one and it didn't disappointed me at all, its exactly what the name suggest fresh whipped cream on top of an angel cake/vanilla cake that is still warm and the fresh cream is melting onto it!! I can also perceive a slightly noticeable trace of lemon zest so yummy!!
longevity pretty decent so far 5+
sillage 3/10 in a 2 hour period

scain54
scain54

Hoping against hope, I thought this would be a substitute for my long lost love, CSP's Lait Sucré, but alas! Not to be.

GrandmaGaga
GrandmaGaga

Oh, My! Saw this in Sephora and thought "hmmm, this sounds interesting". Well, I'll give it that...it's interesting in that it does smell just like heavy cream but unfortunately in a nauseatingly cloying way. I just don't want to smell exactly like something out of the dairy case!.

peppermoon
peppermoon

Blind bought. When first sprayed, it has a synthetic whipped cream/vanilla protein shake (Ensure!) smell but it doesn't succeed in smelling truly creamy or milky. Given a few hours though, whatever you sprayed will smell like a lovely bag of marshmallows - a powdery white sugar and vanilla scent that is quite comforting. So while this fails for me as the milky scent I was looking for, I end up using the dry down as a sugar spike to sweeten other fragrances.

Sierrasaurusrex
Sierrasaurusrex

This smells like a protein shake, but the kind my mom used to make me drink when I was sick, so I can't stand this. It doesn't last very long, but what philosophy fragrance does. I wish this smelled better :-(

Fonna2
Fonna2

Pure creamy vanilla, aka warm vanilla milkshake scent.
I can't detect anything artificial smelling here.
Then again this is Philosophy.

If you adore vanilla, this is for you.

sassa7
sassa7

straight up EAS vanilla protein shake. yeap. I know this smell(and taste!) VERY well lol

Trosado
Trosado

I really loved this, not too loud but not to offensive. It is just sweet enough, not to sugary. This is a nice addition.

kvan
kvan

Bought this today. I smell like those cool packets of "Astronaut Ice-cream" they sell in the gift shop at the Air and Space museum. It's not strong, but it sticks around for a few hours at least. Yum!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

I tried this at Ulta recently. I absolutely love it. It is reminiscent of Mukki by Fresh; Creamy, milkly and sweet. How could someone not like such a comforting gourmand. It is not cloying, not dripping with sugar. It is just sweet enough not to overpower the cream. This is definitely my next fragrance purchase...at least two bottles for sure.

Shwets
Shwets

This is eau de condensed milk!!!!!!!

Creamy edible and very sweet - i like it! Very comforting too!

joe70062
joe70062

Ulta carries this line, and I was able to sample. It is nice, if you want to smell like milk. Here in New Orleans with such hot humid conditions, milk perfume is a bad idea. I'm afraid that with this scent, I'm lactose intolerant.

Edit- I was given a bottle for Mother's Day. I have to say that heat does not change this or make it sour. It stays true to its first spray. Ive been converted, and no longer lactose intolerant!!

kerion
kerion

I really love this. It smells like milk after your cereal is gone. I wear it alone on hot days and many times layer it with my other creamy based fragrances. Was for sure worth the price. Smells delicious!

Hilda0414
Hilda0414

Purchased this through Sephora and agree with the light, sweet and a very much carmelized gourmand descriptions. But for me, at least, it was a duplicate of an older scent I owned. Yes, there it was on a closet shelf. If my eyes were closed, I'm not sure I could differentiate the two. Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Lait Sucre EDT I must have purchased in the 90's. Both are wonderful layering enhancements to any scent where you want to emphasize, or even add, a vanilla warmth. A wonderful addition to my collection that I will enjoy.

enigmaticessence
enigmaticessence

This can be wonderful worn alone, but a friend layers it with some of the great classics, such as L'Heure Blueu. It perfectly emphasizes the Guerlain vanillic base.

Unlike Gold Sugar this has no floral to my nose, however it still never comes off as over-sugared or heavy. It is rich, warm, and comforting. There doesn't seem to be anything too synthetic about it either, like you are tasting real, full fat sweetened cream.

I would have to agree with the accuracy of macadamia nut and heliotrope notes, Kogitsune. This is a special treat for me as I cannot eat most dairy. Delicious!

Sillage and longevity moderate.

Katherine Elizabeth
Katherine Elizabeth

At first I wasn't sure about this, but after testing it out for a couple of days, I must say that this has grown on me. To me, this is a yummy vanilla milkshake (without being overly synthetic). This was the smell I was looking for when I purchased Bon Bon Milkshake. If you are a gourmand lover like myself, this is a fun one to add to your collection.

collectyourdead
collectyourdead

COLDSTONE CREAMERY OMG
Childhood flashback all the way.
Adore this perfume!!

purplesugar
purplesugar

Well what to say about this fragrance....I of course had to get a sample of this from sephora because I LOVE vanilla scents...when I sprayed it in the store I wasnt sure about it so I kept spraying all the scents from juicy up and down my arms :) when i got home hours later, guess which one I liked best? Fresh cream...it has a definite creamy scent..warm and sweet..but to be honest I had to keep smelling my wrist to try and fall in love with it..I was trying to convince myself I loved it..and i found a body butter at walmart called shea body butter brazil nut and it smells very similar and under5dollars...so ill save my money and use that:)its okay but I will keep searching for my new fragrance♥♥♥

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

The initial spray is a HEAVENLY marshmallow!

...Followed by a very linear, sickly sweet uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuber-sugary, synthetic cream? vanilla? I can't identify this supposed "gourmand" note - but you get what you pay for, here. Not so different from a Viva La Juicy/Viva La Juicy Gold type of fragrance.

Cloying & headache-inducing.

SquirrelMonkey
SquirrelMonkey

a few words about vanilla fragrance...
it is in a lot of things. candles, air fresheners, body sprays, potpourri, stuff for your hair.
I do not care for the majority of these products. the reason being most smell very synthetic and plasticky and sharp to my sensitive nose.
I took a gamble with this fragrance and bought it blind.
I like it very much, I am surprised and happy to say.
it is a very mild, pleasant, convincing tasty vanilla fragrance that is fun to wear.
I am very sensitive to some fragrances so it is always great to find things that are made well and, as in the case of this scent, affordable!

AshesofGlitter
AshesofGlitter

It smells EXACTLY like maliza bon bons milkshake, which smells more like sugar and synthetic milk than an actual milkshake. It is very light, no mater how much I sprayed it wasn't strong smelling. Glad I didn't do a blind buy on this one. For a better milk scent, Lann Ael by Lostmarch is waaaay better!

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I can't even begin to explain to you the weirdness and delight I feel sitting on my break at work smellin' like whipped cream. Or how hard it was to keep a straight face when a coworker asked me what I smelling like today.
Whipped cream, it's playful, simple, quirky, and sexy?
I am reminded of one of my favorite fragrances, milkshake by bonbons. Although milkshake has a powdery feel to me like malted milk that isn't in fresh cream. Fresh cream really just smells like whipped cream, in all seriousness.
It makes my mouth water, it is so incredibly creamy, sugary, hint of vanilla, hint of butter. Decadence. Simple and yet so whimsical. I understand why it has so many fans now. I do ultimately prefer milkshake over this but I would love to have a whole bottle of this too!

seaside
seaside

I strongly advise testing this on your skin first before buying. If you're expecting a pleasant vanilla fragrance, you might be in for a surprise.

I love warm vanilla scents, but this is just downright weird. It's not "fresh" at all but rather sickeningly cloying until it dries down, after which it is mildly tolerable but still not enjoyable.

I can well imagine that anyone prone to headaches or sensitivity to perfumes might find this one to be a trigger.

Kogitsune
Kogitsune

I second/third/echo all reviews that say this smells like sweet cream without being overly vanilla-soaked or cloying. It actually has dairy/milk to it, not just vanilla or sugar. I fell for it after testing it out in a Sephora and am going to see how long I can last on my sample vial before giving in to buying.

I was actually sniffing my wrist every five minutes, convinced it reminded me of something else, and when I walked through the door home, it hit me that it smells like a milkier, less sugary Aquolina Chocolovers in both their drydown phases. Chocolovers is very intense and a little too sweet (as much as I love it!), but Fresh Cream dials it down just a little and sticks closer to the skin, rather than the huge sillage/scent bubble of sweetness. I look forward to layering experiments!

Edit: Adding philosophy's product description and Sephora's details from their websites, which I think sounds exactly right ("draw others closer yet never overwhelm"):

"product description
we believe fragrance should make you smell good and feel good, and our fresh cream spray fragrance is no exception. this sweet, delicious fragrance was created to delight your senses and bring you pure joy. fresh cream spray fragrance leaves skin with a delicately sweet scent, guaranteed to draw others closer yet never overwhelm. it can be worn alone or layered with other fresh cream products for a head-to-toe fresh cream scent. you'll love the way you smell!"

"Notes:
Etherial Cream, Soft Sweetness, Hints of Vanilla.
Style:
Sweet. Delightful. Delicious."

Strangely enough, when I was in Sephora, their touchscreen Fragrance IQ system listed notes as macadamia nut, whipped cream, vanilla, and heliotrope.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I've researched so many fragrances on this site that claim to be "milky," but this is the first one I've tried that lives up to its listed notes. This really does smell like it could actually be a dairy product. I mean this in the best way possible. I wasn't expecting too much in terms of sillage or longevity for this fragrance, and although neither are especially impressive, they also exceed my expectations. I can still smell this fragrance on my skin about 7 hours after I sprayed it. Sillage is somewhere between soft and moderate. I expect it could improve if one layered it over the bath and body products from the same line. Fun scent, cozy and comforting!

Kerielle
Kerielle

This is SO good! I can help but smell my wrist when I have it on. Sweet whipped cream but not in a childish cloying way. It's very fresh, long lasting and subtle. But just enough that someone in my office comments that something smells good...as I walk by.

resio
resio

This is really delicious and comforting, cold whipped cream!! Long lasting and sillage is good on me. I love spraying this on my sheets before going to bed.

Edit: Wanted to add that this is very, very sweet. It's not a fresh "clean" vanilla, but a very creamy, buttery scent. It can be cloying for some people.

PhattBass
PhattBass

Smells straight up like BUTTERY, airy whipped cream with a subtle hint of vanilla extract. Not too sweet either. Very edible and yummy. If you're a gourmand lover like myself, you might like this. I'd imagine this would be good for layering.

Sweetiekitty
Sweetiekitty

i smell like a Marshmallow threw up on me. This might be just the thing for a young girl, but I'm not a fan.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

This was one of the weirdest smelling perfumes I have ever smelled! I saw it at Sephora this morning and figured what the heck, gave the back of my hand a spray (wrists were already sprayed with other scents) and continued to wander the store. My son (12 years old) insisted he smelled "pink starburst candy" when he smelled the Fresh Cream...um okay...I just smelled cream, like heavy whipping cream and a bit of vanilla, with sugar, but ironically it was not terribly sweet, if that makes any sense! Not sure if I like this stuff on it's own but when I sprayed Viva La Juicy over it it was an absolutely Wonderful, improved VLJ! I may invest in a bottle just for layering with other perfumes to give them a bit of warmth. It lasts quite a while too, I can still detect it under the VLJ 4 hours later and still going strong. Interesting stuff.....

Edited to add: I did decide to get a bottle, but this stuff is impossible to get ahold of! Sephora is sold out (until the next shipment), Ulta doesn't even have it in our store yet...I did get a sample in Sephora today and like it much better this time! Need to get my grubs on this!! :0)

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I love it!!!!!

A gourmand,foody type fragrance lovers dream!

It smells...like warm homespun whipped cream,not really vanilla,but if you love vanilla,this will win your heart.

This is just pure creamy sweetened goodness! Light and soft clouds of soft sugar.

MineralDiva
MineralDiva

I bought the shower gel and body butter together, about 5 years ago. It is heavenly! But...I heard it was to be discontinued, so I used it VERY sparingly. Now, it's not only back in the line, but has a spray fragrance to go with it! Ohhhh this is SUCH a win! Sweet, but not cloying. Clean, but not soapy. Soft, without being powdery. Just...fresh cream! LOVE!!!

soft whipped cream deliciousness. just received it and I can't stop smelling my wrists. it's a very cozy sweet scent. what's nice is that it isn't over the top sweet. i'm getting good longevity with this, over 4 hrs so far. projects pretty well, but I like this on the softer side so I didn't overspray. a definite must for gourmand lovers.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Pure love! I bought the lotion version and now I am eagerly awaiting the fragrance becoming available. It is just as the name implies. slightly sweet, vanilla-y and definitely a milky scent. Warm and delicious, you can emerge yourself in it without it overwhelming your nose. It is truly a cozy smell that I for one can't get enough of!
EDIT: DO NOT get the fragrance if you love the smell of the lotion. They are nothing alike! The fragrance is cheap, every vanilla celebuscent ever made. Stick with the lotion for a true "cream" scent.

Nicole1978
Nicole1978

Fresh Cream by Philosophy, where to begin... I think this is a wonderful fragrance! To me it smells like very cold whipping cream from the refrigerator with the sugar mixed in to sweeten it then a few drops of pure vanilla just for comfort. This such a light and airy scent though. It is almost what makes it so hard to convey in words. There also is what seems to be maybe a drop of citrus (my guess is manderine, but that is a guess) that is not noticeable in a note type of way, it is like it is there just to make the fragrance bright and not heavy. It is wonderful on alone and I have layered it now too with a couple other perfumes and it is a great way to tweak a perfume to be a bit more creamy.
I do own Lann-Ael and I get the compairison. It is not that they smell exactly the same it is that sweet light milk scent they both have that just wraps you in comfort. I LOVE Lann-Ael as well.
The lasting power for me on this fragrance is about 6 hours or so (I voted moderate) and the sillage starts out moderate, but I would say by hour 6 it is close to the skin on me.
I actually blind bought this and I have not one regret; infact had I passed up purchasing it and smelled it later only to find out I could not get it I would be very annoyed with myself. This will be a comfort scent for me in all seasons as well as a great perfume to layer with other fragrances.

scarletletters
scarletletters

This is a vanilla bomb! It smells more like synthetic vanilla air freshener spray than fresh cream or vanilla extract or even vanilla ice cream. The scent kind of reminds me of canned vanilla frosting. I got this as part of a set with Honey and Tea Leaf. It does smell nice when paired with either of the other two or layered with all three together. On its own, it's a bit overpowering and has a tendency to smell powdery. On the upside, I've read somewhere that men are attracted to vanilla scents, so if you're looking for an aphrodisiac, this might just be right up your alley.

Rebecca123
Rebecca123

Fresh Cream succeeds where Aquolina Pink Sugar overwhelms. The scent of Fresh Cream is light and sweet and redeems vanilla in my eyes.

Although sweet isn't my thing, Philosophy changes my mind and I think it smells GOOD. I love the luxurious and restful quality it gives to my skin and the fact that I might be the only one who detects it - unless mon amour comes for a visit. The bath gel moisturizes while it leaves the scent of a wish behind. Bon fragrance!

LittleMsCharming
LittleMsCharming

Lovely rich sweet creaminess. Reminds me a lot of Malizia Milk Shake! So pleasant and comforting :)

It smells like you just walked into a Coldstone Creamery.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Philosophy Fresh Cream fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Philosophy Fresh Cream, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fresh Cream by Philosophy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fresh Cream by Philosophy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.