Designers » N-Q » « Groups

Inner Grace Philosophy for women and men

Inner Grace Philosophy for women and men
dislike

Inner Grace by Philosophy is a fragrance for women and men. Inner Grace was launched in 2007.

Lovely Liquid Satin
Lovely
Rose
Live Joyously
La Nuit de Bohème

Inner Grace Fragrance Reviews

*_Lilly_*

Seeing as this was discontinued, if you like this one then get Live Joyously. They are 99% the same IMO

Carnation
Carnation

I really cannot pick out a single note, other than aldehydes in this. Not the Chanel type aldehydes but much more subtle.
Slightly sweet and soapy,unfortunately it smells like hairspray on me. Soft hold that is.

Soledad89
Soledad89

I once owned a mini bottle of this to take around with me in a clutch. While the scent is pleasant enough, clean and fresh smelling, it is low on sillage and longevity, at least on me. . As with Falling in Love, despite the lovable scent, there's this certain note that makes it lack depth. I also expected more from this as an EDP, as well as for the price. I won't repurchase although if I see a sample I might take a whiff. But since it's been said to resemble SJP's Lovely (which also smells like NR for her)then I'd consider getting that instead.

lahoorah
lahoorah

Sad that this one is discontinued. Not for the perfume, but for the body products.

I received one of philosophy's mega bottles of the perfumed body emulsion as a gift, and lo and behold, to my nose it was identical in scent to my EDP bottle of SJP Lovely. The clean, woodsy white florals of Inner Grace were perfect for use after hopping out of a steamy shower to retire to bed for the evening. It's a calming fragrance with a moderate silage but lacks total staying power (gone by 2-3 hours later if layered).

The emulsion (let's face it, it's just body lotion) was delightful in texture, melting away to what almost seemed like cooling waters against the skin, very hydrating. I'm not a fan of philosophy's other "Graces" so I must find another brand with the same texture...

LOUISELOUISE
LOUISELOUISE

First of all I would like to ask people to knock off the ageist comments when describing perfume. It's not original and makes you sound dumb.

Now this perfume, I wanted to like it so much as when I first sprayed it it seemed clean, refreshing yet not fruity or green, which I liked. But there is note in the background, not sure what it is but it's like stale talcum powder. Not good really. As much as I like Amazing and Baby Grace I do feel that there's always something slightly wrong in the base notes in Philosophy perfumes. Pity, they could be so good..

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

It's soapy, fresh and light. The type of perfume that goes really easy on days when you just don't know what you feel like smelling that day and just want something fresh all day. And maybe on days you just don't feel like doing anything (but still want to smell good).

Just a tiny bit sweet but not exactly noticeable - the sweetness was just almost there like when you're smelling flower nectar straight off the fresh flower. I think it's very delicate and lasted quite a while.

i like this. it's light with the main focus of soft white flowers. it also has a slight soapy scent to it also. i have an oil version of this, so for me it lasts all day. it's a nice everyday feminine perfume.

I love this scent.

I have the body mist and use this in cooler weather. It has a musky, warm earthy almost cardamom smell. I was suprised at all the negative comments but if you like florals, this is not for you.
I mix this with Amazing Grace (which I love)sometimes too.

MissGretchenC
MissGretchenC

I absolutely love this smell. It is mature (not in a grandma wearing Avon kind of way), sophisticated, clean. Light yet stays on all day. Whenever I wear it everyone tells me that I smell so good. It does not smell cheap or like chemicals. I feel sophisticated and elegant when I wear it. I am not sure the notes in it. I am so sad that Philosophy has discontinued this scent. I have Narciso Rodrigues for Her and I don't think they smell anything alike.

Vikitoria
Vikitoria

On me, for me in toto, this is Blechy McBlecherson. I can't figure out what that thing is in it, but ew, it is the ONE thing that makes this repulse me. And that makes me sad! It works better on my Mom, but I am still not a fan.

relaxingheaven
relaxingheaven

Straight from Philosophy's website:

Fragrance Notes:

Aqua Leaf imparts peaceful balance; Delicate Freesia offers deep spirituality; and Warm, Sensual Musk calms your thoughts.

flowerlvr711
flowerlvr711

where is the scent descriptions? All of the other perfumes on this site have a scent table, there s nothing listed for Inner Grace

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

Yup! Something in this scent HATES my chemistry. I couldnt agree more with some of the other posters below about the clean bathroom scent- it does smell like those pink toilet bowl freshner my great grandma loved so much. This perfume has a very strong alcohol scent on the dry down, and heads straight towards floral powder puff fake laundry and hand soap scent. I get Johnson and Johnson baby powder and possible pink musk. This is the strongest Philosophy scent I have tried (with a huge sillage compared to the flankers) which is unfortunate because it is my least favorite.

antfarm
antfarm

I used to have the rollerball of this and I wore it all the time, even though it didn't knock my socks off. I found it strangely addictive. Inner Grace isn't exactly full of character, but it is a great fall-back perfume.

It smells like a modern, clean, soapy, somewhat woodsy floral. It smells sterile in the bottle, but my skin's own natural saltiness prevents it from smelling too astringent. On me, this is very floral-musky and actually kind of sexy in a conventional and boring kind of way (if such a thing is possible and not an oxymoron).

Inner Grace has moderate lasting power, compared to the poor lasting power of most of Philosophy's fragrances.

kitka
kitka

I happen to like inner grace. It's unique and pleasant, surprised that some are saying it has a chemical smell-- I find it soft and comforting. I am also glad it has some depth to it. Philosophy line is easy to wear and always appropriate, especially if you know you will be with people with allergies or asthma. I have never heard of anyone being bothered by it or get a headache from it. It doesn't scream, but whispers, and sometimes that is all you need.

freddinos
freddinos

A cheaper replica of Narcisso Rodriquez for Her meets SJP Lovely. A cold hearted perfume, has a woody quality which isn't for me. The EDP I tried lasted like an average EDT, I guess it follows the rule like rest of the PHilosophy fragrances (EDTs only last like half an hour on me!)

katemcq
katemcq

After a brief blast of berry-like topnotes, all I smell is something vague, damp, and powdery. I get "vintage" and a faint jasmine-like something-or-other, but it is both heavy and simplistic. I see where other reviewers are coming from with "bathroom cleaner."

Napper216
Napper216

And the notes are....?!

memee1207
memee1207

This is one of my very most favorite perfumes. It makes me feel grown up and beautiful. It's soft and clean and just womanly. I love it. Such a relaxing scent.

hlhenderson
hlhenderson

If you can get past the rotten granny panty odor in the background, there is something vaguely floral about it. However, rotten granny panty. Can't get past the rotten granny panty.

calyx93
calyx93

Bathtub/shower cleaner - that's exactly what this smells like. Just thinking of it again makes me shudder.

I also agree with tklicavoli's last remark below.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

I tested this a few times and ende up with the Pure instead. I agree with whoever said it was a bit chemical, it struck me that way too.

tklicavoli
tklicavoli

Philosophy's Inner Grace isn't fresh and it isn't floral. It's CLEAN, cleaner than I would ever want or need to be.

The only notes I can detect are white florals, white musk, and maybe a bit of lavender. It has a strong alcohol scent in the dry down. The overall effect is synthetic and irritating.

It smells of cheap shampoo, laundry detergent, and a tad like Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner...

I would rather have B.O.

That's right, I said it.

I hate to have to say this, but I am reminded today of Dow aerosol bathroom cleaner, a product which invariably “graced” our bathrooms throughout my childhood. I know the smell well, although it's true that I'm working from memory, having not depressed the nozzle of one of those ozone-inimical cans now for many, many years. What, pray tell, has called up a memory best forgotten? That would be Philosophy INNER GRACE, a fragrance touted as a “one-second solution” for “grown-up girls on a spiritual journey, when you don't have time to meditate.” The unstated assumption, of course, is that the wearer partakes of the practice of meditation, and looking more closely at the bottle of perfumed lotion accompanying my 1oz bottle of the fragrance, I find a text strikingly familiar to another childhood memory.

My family was nominally religious—well, my father was but my mother wasn't—so at meals when asked to recite grace, my sisters and I obliged with the following etched-in-our-brains prayer: “God is great. God is good, and we thank him for our food. Amen.” When my dad, a true believer, said grace, it was always quite a bit more elaborate. But I, being religiously agnostic for as long as I can remember and probably even before I knew what the word 'agnostic' meant, always cleaved closely to the above text. To be perfectly frank (quoi d'autre?), I never really understood what my dad meant when he ended his otherwise appropriate to whatever was going on at the time prayer with these words: “We pray in Jesus Christ our Lord's name. Amen.”

On the INNER GRACE lotion bottle reads the following text, not at all dissimilar to the prayer I used to parrot: “God is love. God is peace. God is trust. God is joy. God is family. God is friendship. God is fearless. God is breath. God is life. God is wisdom. God is eternal. God speaks in whispers.”

Well, it seems that they forgot one: “God is a clean bathroom.” But could God truly will that we destroy His ozone layer? I really think that INNER GRACE smells hopelessly industrial and is certainly not a scent that one would have been found in God's state of nature before human beings mucked it up. IMNSHO, this is about as far from divine as a so-called perfume can possibly be. The harshness of this review reflects no more and no less than the harshness of the hopelessly misnamed INNER GRACE. Désolée. 5.01.11

chanellove17
chanellove17

Beautiful scent! It is really calming. Kind of spicey but sweet at the same time.

nena18sept
nena18sept

why are the philosphy perfumes soo expensive!!???...they dont last, plain packaging...i mean they smell good but that's it..i rather DEMETER..

cindybarjak
cindybarjak

American Beauty Indulgence is an identical scent and much cheaper.

this is a very soothing clean scent. smells like a soft musky floral, with possibly some citrus thrown in. while i like it, and a lot of products from the philosophy line, i do find them way over-priced as well as sometimes, overrated.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I now own a teensy weensy mini of this. There are no notes listed, but I'd say it is a floral/woody/musk. Think: herbal, zing-y, fresh.

In fact, I'd hazard to say it smells a whole lot like SJP's Lovely when first applied. Just as member a bit vintage says, there's a sense of lavender, musk, patchouli (not strong, thank goodness), and maybe orchid?

I do like a couple of the other Philosophy scents (and may one day own them), but they have zero sillage and longevity. However, this one! This one I can justify buying. I can actually smell it without having to constantly reapply.

MineralDiva
MineralDiva

This, to me, is the most sultry of the Philosophy fragrances. I love it - and it does stay longer than the others in this line. Particularly when layering with the body butter.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Simple, sweet, clean and feminine. Helps me unwind in the evening and takes the edge of the day off. I find the lavender soothing and always reach for this when I just want something easy to wear.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Inner Grace is the only one from the Philosophy line that my nose can even smell. The others are so very faint, I'm questioning is the scent really there? After giving Inner Grace several wearings on different occasions and feeling completely irritated each time, I think I'll just give up on the whole Philosophy line. I do enjoy Inner Grace's top notes. There's a nice burst of citrusy bergamot, it smells really great. But then as it dries down I just want to wash it off as it lingers in a way that annoys my senses. I think it must be the lavender. I really wonder what the note composition is? I detect patchouli, musk, maybe orchid, lavender, & sandalwood as well as bergamot. I love lavender but it just doesn't work for me in this creation.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Philosophy Inner Grace fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Philosophy Inner Grace, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Inner Grace by Philosophy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Inner Grace by Philosophy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.