Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity « Groups

Loveswept Philosophy for women

Loveswept Philosophy for women
dislike

tropical
Loveswept Philosophy for women Pictures Loveswept Philosophy for women Pictures Loveswept Philosophy for women Pictures

With the wish that we "follow our heart" Philosophy launches new collection named Loveswept that has arrived on the market in early January 2014. Lively compositions are designed to make women feel irresistible and airy, and introduced before the upcoming spring in order to provide us with a dose of romance, energy and optimism. Loveswept is a gentle feminine fragrance, sparkling and floral, offering special flavors created to interpret an embrace full of happiness and love. Moreover, the creators' wish was to awake inspiration and desire for passion in every day.

In top notes of the composition Philosophy Loveswept the perfumer plays with luminosity of bergamot and citruses that with glittering drops light upon floral notes of pink jasmine and lotus in the heart, sweetened with pink passion fruit. The base is cuddled with sensual musk and warm amber.

Fragrance Philosophy Loveswept is available in glass flacons with illustrated heart, as 15ml EDT, 60ml EDT and as rollerball edition 10ml EDT. Accompanying perfumed body care collection includes body care lotion and shower gel. Loveswept was launched in 2013.

Bergamot Citruses

Liliana

Loveswept Fragrance Reviews

sugarlemon
sugarlemon

it's alright. Not bad at all, sweet, clean, crisp, very easy to wear. But to me, not unique. I like a scent that moves me, that conjures memories and daydreams. This one didn't do that. But for someone that likes something very safe and non-offensive, a little sweet and a little floral, and not powdery, Lovestruck is it!

SpaceCowgirl
SpaceCowgirl

I have not really enjoyed Philosophy perfumes until Loveswept. I absolutely adore this bright citrus floral. I would wear it at all times if I could. However, I would have to constantly be spraying myself because this scent just doesn't last. It lasts about as long as a body spray from VS or B&BW but at 4 times the price. It legitimately frustrates me and makes me sad because I love the smell so much. If you don't mind spraying about 6 or 7 spritzes and making sure to get your clothes and hair it may buy you more lasting power but not as much as I would prefer.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a very well-named scent -- very carefree and light. The citrus is prominent in the opening, then a lovely watery floral heart. It is not a stunner but a good work or casual daytime wear scent, nothing overwhelming but all-around pleasant and enjoyable. Light sillage and lasts about 4 hours.

bunchofpants
bunchofpants

I received a sample of this in my Birchbox. I got a very brief, vaguely florally top note and then Ugh, what's that smell? Thanks karlykristina for identifying it! Barbie hair and melting plastic (like what happened when I tried to blow-dry my Sweet Sixteen Barbie's hair). Not very pleasant. Fortunately, it fades after an hour into a faintly musky powdery scent. Tried it twice a month apart with the same results both times. Not a favorite at all.

magnoliapetals2011
magnoliapetals2011

This is by far one of my most favovriteeee perfumes it's gorgeous!! ♥ It starts out this beautiful blend of fruits and soft flowers that blend together perfectly. Then, after a few hours you still smell that beautiful creamy fruity, flowery goodness. Then it transforms into a even more beautiful powdery jessica simpson fancy love style scent almost a soft fruity mimic of a beautiful burberry fruity soft beautiful fregrence. It lasts for hours on me about 5 or 6 with the eau de toilette, and I can't wait to get the new eau de parfum that just recently came out, for even more lasting power. The best Philosophy perfume ever in my opinion. And by far one of the best long lasting most depth perfumes out there. Will always keep buying this ♥

astr323
astr323

i think this is a nice perfume, at least upon initial spritz. if you don't mind powdery scents you might like this; it starts sort of citrusy and then dries down to soap/powder. I ended up returning my bottle to sephora. the dry-down was unfortunately bad enough to kill it for me.

generally inoffensive, and i think it's aptly named - this fragrance makes you feel romantic and happy. but the soapiness at the end really irritated my nose :(

ksugrl79
ksugrl79

Ahh, philosophy, you magnificent brand, you've done it again! I know I need more perfume like a hole in the head, but I tested this at the store and at first sniff it was very light and airy. I already have You Are Divine. But this was more floral, very similar to VS Bombshell, but not as overwhelming. Instead of shouting "BOMBSHELL BABE!" This more whispers.."Come closer if you'd like." After about an hour of browsing I had to purchase. I bought the mini for $15, but I may end up going back for the set with lotion & 3 in 1 wash. For any ladies with highly sensitive sinuses/skin/allergies like me...I highly suggest checking out the philosophy line. Its well worth it.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

This is (at first whiff) exactly like something i've smelled before! But what..? I don't recognise the fumes people have found similar. Could be the chanel that keeps getting removed then?

Deirdre1969
Deirdre1969

This smelled lovely and citrus-fruity when I first sprayed it on, but then... uh-oh... medicinal and cloying with a hint of plastic. Dang!

karlykristina
karlykristina

It smelled perfectly boring and inoffensive in the bottle, but when sprayed on my skin it turned into a mixture of lipstick, barbie hair and melting plastic (with a touch of bergamot). Not good.

I liked it, I thought it smelled pretty, like a sweet fresh floral, with good longevity..I could wear it in summer, it has a certain quality, prettiness for sure, without being generic..I think it is actually worth trying, yes it is a soft scent, a sweet floral, not heady or drop dead out of this world, but real nice...the lotus gives it a happy innocent vibe.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Thus smells like a more watery mix of Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet and Juicy Couture! It's okay but definitely not new. Good one for girls who are just starting to wear perfume or for casual days in jeans and a t shirt.

Briburto2
Briburto2

This is a nice non offensive scent. To my nose its not very memorable and a bit unoriginal. Although it'd make a nice emergency scent to keep in a travel bag when you need a refreshing pick me up.

Eirlys
Eirlys

Out of all the Philosophy, this is the one I like the most. The first word that comes to my mind about this perfume is "gentle." It's very close to the skin, and I keep sniffing my wrists after spraying it on. It's fresh and fruity, and I feel like it could brighten my day when I wear it.

The bottle is simple, but really cute. As far as longevity goes, I think this one only lasts about 3-4 hours, so it's not the best, but it's great if you need to spray on something quickly and go.

I think this perfume could be a great choice for a blind buy if you like fresh, gentle scents that lingers around you. The name Loveswept is awesome and the message "follow your heart" is just plain sweet.

I agree with other reviewers that Philosophy fragrances don't tend to stand out from the crowd. They're gentle scents that are appealing to people, but Loveswept is not a generic scent to me. It's soft, but memorable.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

I really liked this perfume. It changed to bombshell on me but way much better. I can't wear Vicki's bombshell, it turns too tart on me so to my delight I can wear this one!!!

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

I think this is really nice. I needed an unoffensive and bright spring scent and at $16 for the small bottle this satisfied my want and my budget this week. I really think this smells very similar to Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. I applied each to my wrists at Ulta and smelled them both over about 40 minutes--- almost identical to my nose. Loveswept is a bit more straightforward while Chance has some mystery and tang spiciness. I love them both, but Loveswept is great for the price.

Edit: I guess someone doesn't think it smells like Chance eau Tendre and keeps removing my suggestion from the page... wish I could read their review to see why they don't think so!

Tovah
Tovah

Within the cumulation of Philosophy's extensive range of comfort scents, Loveswept certainly isn't particularly creative, original, or head-turning. So what? Sometimes it's nice to be able to wear a fragrance you know won't offend anyone or trigger allergies, or migraines, etc. There are certain occasions where these gentle fragrances are must-haves, because the alternative is going without scent. I think it's great that Philosophy caters to people who spend time in settings that demand low-key perfumes: health care workers, teachers, lab technicians, food industry employees, etc. Loveswept's lasting power, on me, is great! Overall, I honestly haven't had problems with lasting power in Philosophy fragrances, and I've worn many of them over the course of many, many years. I suspect that hoards of people are anosmic to the very soft musks this brand tends to prefer, so maybe that's why the scents "seem" to disappear so quickly. Actually, Philosophy's last few releases could be quite powerful. I have to be careful with application of Falling In Love Summer or I fumigate myself, because it's a pungent one! Loveswept is more subtle, but it can pack a punch if over-sprayed. Overall it's a very pleasing, attractive, extremely pretty fragrance. I think it smells more of honeysuckle than jasmine, but if it's Stephanotis, that makes sense. If I get a whiff of Loveswept on someone, I think, "Something smells nice".

coreynellos
coreynellos

Mans view: this is very soft. Couldn't tell if someone was wearing this unless they had just applied and I went in for a long hug. It's very nice though. If you needed a cheap fragrance I would recommend this because its perfect for the price. I like it.

dmaw
dmaw

As with all Philosophy scents, so light as to be almost unnoticeable. I guess this works for some, but I prefer to have at least a subtle whiff after applied.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I agree with raw umber. This is a clean, fresh, boring scent that honestly could have been from B&BW or really any store. It would be nice after a workout or something but it's just "meh" and really not worth the money. Sorry, I know I'm not adding much but that's just how the scent made me feel. It's not a bad scent by any means, just not exciting or special.

raw umber
raw umber

A very light peachy shampoo scent. For what it is, I actually enjoy this very much, and would totally wear it if I got it for free, but 45 bucks is way too much for an agreeable detergent of a fragrance. Suitable for health care industry professionals or anyone with a "no perfume policy" at work.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This fragrance starts off beautifully- but then veers into syrupy fruit- exactly like Victoria's Secret Bombshell did on me. This is almost an exact dupe. The difference to me, is that the beginning is fresh and uplifting and airy, whereas the Victoia's Secret Bombshell smells the same beginning to end.

Caist
Caist

Seems like they are following a suit, but it's a good sister fragrance to "Love Sweet Love." But, it's Philosophy.. they kind of stick to doing their own thing and standing by it. (Staff baby pictures on products, skincare for just about any concern, and warmhearted fortune-cookie inspiration written on your products. My favorite read was on a Living Grace shower gel, it was way existential.)

Purity face wash though, GOOD STUFF.

sherryberry
sherryberry

I saw this at Nordstrom. I agree with almarie, it really wasn't that memorable. It wasn't bad, but it doesn't stand out.

almarie

I bought this off of QVC's website. It's nice, but nothing out of this world.

almarie

I bought this off of QVC's website. It's nice, but nothing out of this world.

Loveswept by Philosophy 3.53 out of 5 based on 105 ratings and 26 user reviews

Macys.com
Eau De Toilette 4oz
philosophy loveswept eau de toilette, 4 oz
philosophy loveswept eau de toilette, 4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Philosophy Loveswept fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Philosophy Loveswept, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Loveswept by Philosophy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Loveswept by Philosophy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.