Designers » N-Q » Floral Green « Groups

Pure Grace Philosophy for women

Pure Grace Philosophy for women
dislike

Pure Grace by Philosophy is a Floral Green fragrance for women. The fragrance features lavender, musk, jasmine, water lily and bergamot.

Lavender Musk Jasmine Water Lily Bergamot

Pure DKNY Verbena

Pure Grace Fragrance Reviews

leschoux
leschoux

Pure Grace is simple, unpretentious and shy. I personally like it, but am not crazy about it. Two reasons: it's too weak and soft, and also, it doesn't demand to be remembered.

Its opening is rather sharp, but it mellows down to a soapy scent soon after. I definitely can smell the cleanness in this. It's like a freshly washed linen or the smell after shower, but that's the problem: that's all there is in Pure Grace. It's as simplistic as the bottle that contains it. It whispers to you innocence and it promises you clarity, and Pure Grace is just all that. Very clean smell. It's soft, it's almost unnoticeable. It's as if it doesn't want to be remembered. Just there to exist close to the owner as a little pick-me-up.

Overall, I quite like it but for the price I'd rather spend it on something else. It's way too soft (even softer than Burberry Brit Rhythm, which is already very soft on me) and if I want the cleanness, I can just take an extra shower and emerge with the same clean smell on me at a bargain price. Still, for those of you who like fragrance that doesn't attract attention and is quite safe, this might just be for you.

ee_E
ee_E

It smells like something elderly would wear. I didn't like this at all.

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

I can't really add anything that anyone hasn't said yet- it's shower fresh, unoffensive and clean smelling. It's crisp, to me there is no warmth at all. The lasting power isn't great. Lasts longer on clothes, but even then fades faster than many things. I do still like it though.

DandelionPicker
DandelionPicker

Lovely, crisp and clean but not powdery! I hate powder smell! I always get compliments when I wear this. Not overpowering at all. I don't like the other "graces" in the line, but this one is awesome.

javaholic
javaholic

Lovely fresh clean scent. Simply fresh, like you just stepped out of an invigorating shower. Lasts a long time, nicely blended. Not offensive or overbearing.

Soie
Soie

This is reminiscent of the scent of Yardley English lavender soap (a favorite of mine from years gone by). The drydown, though, smells like thyme, and reminds me very much of the scent of Gendarme.

IslandRadio

I second the person who compared this to the original Marc Jacobs, just toned-down.

IslandRadio

Smells like PURE gardenia on me.

But my body chemistry changes absolutely every fragrance I try, so it may be more "fresh" on others. For me, it's a heavy (not in sillage,) perfumey gardenia scent.

FaunAromatic
FaunAromatic

Even though I like them, I'm a wee bit tired of the all the shower scents out there. Luckily (?) they're giving way to the new wave of gourmands, but now those are getting a bit tiresome to me, too. Sigh. Why can't all scents just get along? There ought to be all manner of fadless scents produced on a regular basis, so no one gets tired of any current fad. Anyway, this scent is addictive. I had it in lotion, brought it to work, and found myself reaching for it constantly. Invigorating and appealingly dry for a shower scent. I must to replace.

Ivona-Maria
Ivona-Maria

I got small travel size Clean today because after all this comments I just must try . But then - It smell like my grandma old perfume or at the best like laundry ... I dont wanna smell like laundry or granny :( And I dont know how only me dont like this :(

Vikitoria
Vikitoria

This is the "I just got out of a steamy shower and toweled off with a fluffy, fresh white towel and am *BING!* fresh!"
Packaging tells what this is, for sure. Simple, clean, fresh, open, ready. Wear this first or last thing. First thing: you're off to the races. Last thing: you're headed to sweet dreams.

It's similar to Clean by D'Lish but not as "strong" a scent as that. (On me, anyway.) It attracts people to you. Everyone likes the scent of clean people! And it's quite sexy, too. Men really like it. :)
I'm an active sort, so this appeals to that part of me that wants to be on the go, ready for anything.
It's in my permanent rotation.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

This is such a wonderful scent! Pure Grace reminds me very much of my beloved Glow after it has dried down - a perfect, clean skin scent. There's something a little sexy about skin scents like these - not bold sexy, though. Maybe sensual is a better word. Clean, bare, just washed skin. The only downfall this scent has is how fast it fades. It's barely detectable right now and I have been wearing it for maybe 2 hours. I may still buy it because I do love it.

brittney0522
brittney0522

First I fell in love with Amazing Grace. The I bought Living Grace. Naturally the next was Pure Grace and I have to say,This one for me is a swing and a miss Philosophy... Again, just my opinion

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is the best!

I love the smell of fresh sheets and clothes imbued with the scent of the sun and the wind they've dried in. This fragrance captures that perfectly. It's an instant clean, fresh water feeling. Just lovely.

And it's so handy - I'm pretty active in my life and this carries well with that. I think while I love my niche fragrances and scents that have character and romance, like Hypnotic Poison and Poeme and L'Artisan, I really love natural, earthy smells too... things that lend themselves to various scenarios and settings.

I find the lasting power to be fine, though because I love the smell so much, I touch up over the day, especially if I've been running around. I imagine if someone hugged me they'd feel secure and warm, safe and happy. It's how I feel wearing it.

I think if you're a big Dior or Chanel fan, for example, a fragrance like this might *seem* a bit pedestrian, because it's not a sillage monster and it's not overly girly... and some like fragrances that announce them, or are recognisable (in a bold way) where this one is noticeable but it's not going to clobber any over the head.

To me, in a bottle, it captures a summer day after a swim in the river, clothes and hair dried by sun. A country stroll. Fireflies and lemonade on a back porch overlooking a field.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

This smells like lavender soap to me. Clean, fresh soap. Nothing more, nothing less. Inoffensive but also unmoving. I'm positive I've used hotel toiletries that left me smelling like this.

There's nothing *wrong* with it but it's so plain that I can't say I even like it. I prefer my scents with a little more character, even the inoffensive ones.

NinaSPakdi
NinaSPakdi

This was a scent that I chose for my friend. She's a fan of very fresh crisp scents like D&G Light Blue but was looking for something a little bit more powdery for wintertime.

This perfume smells like a creamy Dove soap in a good way -- the perfect balance of fresh and creamy/powdery. It's a very pleasant smell.

Libran
Libran

If you love J lo Glow, you will love this fragrance. I really enjoy the fresh, clean femininity. Nothing heady or scary or overwhelming. I can smell this on my clothes and hair after I have applied it and you cannot overdo it, perfect for the office or going out, it stays with you in your personal space and doesn't shout or misbehave. Not soapy and chemical just sweet, clean and youthful, but not just for the young!

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

When I first bought this fragrance, I wore it to our annual family Thanksgiving dinner at my cousins house. My cousin's husband is a career navy man from New York in his late 70's. He's the guy who can make everyone laugh; the center of attention. He's loud, boisterous, and funny, with jokes that can make any navy man blush. This fragrance literally made him speechless when I walked in the door and hugged him. I've never seen anything like it!! He actually closed his eyes and inhaled the smell, then asked what I was wearing. He put his jacket on, grabbed his car keys, and walked out the door. He didn't say where he was going, he just left and we were all confused. It turns out that he went to the mall down the street and bought the entire set for his wife (my cousin) in the middle of our dinner!!!!!! That's how much he loved it. We all still laugh about that at every family gathering since. My cousin, my Mom, and I wear it religiously for all family gatherings. I can't tell you how many people comment on it; but it's certainly a crowd favorite. It makes me feel like an angel. Thank you, Philosophy.

flowerlvr711
flowerlvr711

What can I say...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. pure grace s my favorite lotion to use right after a nighttime shower, it seems i sleep better when i use it before bed.
I am definitely a philosophy fan, My all time favorite is Falling in Love and Amazing Grace. They all just make me smile :)

6scents
6scents

Perfect clean good girl scent. Truly exudes an aura of purity. Only improvement that needs to be addressed would be its lasting effect.

FreshAir
FreshAir

This perfume smells like fresh lavender soap. It's a great everyday scent that I never get tired of.

purrz11
purrz11

Wearing this I smell like a bar of lye soap. No florals, no spice, just whangy soap that never goes away. I applied at lunchtime and it was still going strong the next day despite me scrubbing. I had always heard this line from Philosophy had poor sillage and longevity but for me it was a powerhouse. It even cut through other perfume I applied to cover it up.

bbwfan1234
bbwfan1234

My mom wears this and I've worn it a couple times. On her it smells so clean and fresh, her skin but better! On me it just smells like antibacterial soap. Good fragrance if you're looking for something really, really, clean!

Caist
Caist

Good lord, that's clean.

Great for the medical field, sensitive palettes, or the modest fragrance shopper. (I think a hospital experience would be less stressful with this smell around. As well as it's sister fragrance Amazing Grace.)

This adds like 15 minutes onto my shower time in the morning. Cause I'm huffing the bottle and slathering on the shower gel to ignite my house with this fragrance.

Now look at me in the eyes when I tell you to try their skincare, QVC doesn't sell this stuff 2nd to Dell computers for nothing.

BRAHMABULL

It's a really nice signature scent for me. I just
wished it had some staying power. All the other Philosophy scents smell horrible...to me.

I found this to be a bit stronger than Baby Grace, but it's still a subtle scent. On me it turned into a fresh and soapy scent. It's smelling like some fabric conditioner to me.

Mary_Eh
Mary_Eh

I prefer the lotion over the perfume, but for extra staying power, layering is great, and it STILL doesn't make it too strong. It stays very close to the skin like it's just part of you. It smells comforting and natural, and when it's on my skin I can't stop smelling myself!

WildDove
WildDove

I smell some kind of musk and neroli, not the notes listed above. Very clean and soapy, minimalist. I prefer the lotion as easier to wear and more floral.

freddinos
freddinos

It's opening reminds me a lot of a classical European cologne, 4711. After a while I sense a bit of cedar-moth ball smell that isn't very unpleasant, but not exactly what I'm looking for under the word 'pure'. It finishes quite mellow and musky-woody. Not soapy so plan accordingly if that's what you're looking for

katemcq
katemcq

My opinion seems anomalous, but I smell something resinous and juniper like in this, yes, a slight mothball-like smell too. I don't smell lavender at all, nor any of the floral notes listed above, but I do agree with the bar soap comparison (like a masculine, hotel bar soap smell).

More grown up than the others in the Grace line, but perhaps not more successful.

ammebirds
ammebirds

One of my favorites...for daytime. I'm one of those who love the smell of lavender and soap. I don't like chemical deodorants so I actually spray this under my arms instead.

sherryxfilesfan

CLEAN Ultimate and Pure Grace = THE SAME SCENT. I can't tell any difference in these two fragrances. Very soapy (which I love), comforting scent. CLEAN Ultimate night have better lasting power though.

pepper_md
pepper_md

i love this scent! It really smells clean and fresh. The problem is the scent doesn't last that long and i always end up sniffing and looking for it on my wrist and clothes.

Arkira M.
Arkira M.

I have Amazing and Baby Grace coz i love to smell tender and baby. I always skip to test this scent coz i dont want to smell soapy. but after tried it today at duty free, i found i am so stupid that i didnt choose this scent before.

Just-finished-shower scent at first few minute and turns to the lighter version of Amazing Grace. So lovely. I love this scent the most from PhilosopHy.

MsAmazing
MsAmazing

Ambivalent! Lovely at first and the dry down has the slightest hint of pee. Is that the musk? Maybe this is the one to wear to no perfume allowed places. Amazing Grace does not have that dry down and still has the freshness. None of the Philosophy fragrances have much staying power.

ivisol88
ivisol88

This is and will always be my signature fragrance. It's so fresh and crisp yet floral and delicate with a hint of musk. I love it so much! Wonderful in the summer and for some reason it reminds me of the way a clean summer day at the beach smells like if that makes any sense all in all it's just perfect (at least for me) :)

Maki
Maki

Sprayed it on me for the first time today and fell in love immediately! Left the shop to think it over, sniffing my wrist and trying my best to overcome my reluctance to spent money...:-)and bought it. I think this scent is absolutely divine!! It matches very well with my skin. The longer I wear it, the better it gets. Staying power is wonderful! On my way home I enjoyed the scent when biking in the rain (even without needing to sniff my wrist that is..it just stroke me!) When I got home, feeling very warm after some housecleaning, I noticed the scent had developed into something even more delightful.
I don't think it is 'just soapy', it's far more than that! So comforting, enchanting and uplifting! It reminds me a little of Prada Infusion d'Iris, but less pretentious and far more delicate, in the way that less is often more...

exciter76
exciter76

I have the perfume oil of Pure Grace. It is NOT anything special. I can't even think of anyone to whom I'd recommend this, at least without offending someone as this would be a subliminal suggestion for a much needed shower. I can only imagine this being a suitable match for the white stocking set--either in a clinical setting or for a white stocking fetishist.

I fall into a different category and this fragrance is for me and my brethren; this is for people in love with the scent of a soap bar. Some people secretly love the scent of gasoline while others blissfully inhale rubber. I love sniffing a new bar of soap. I can't explain it but this fragrance satisfies that strange compulsion. This is not the scent of a fresh shower or clean skin, just a plain ol' bar of soap, sans the wrapper.

Morticia
Morticia

very dissapointed,don't like it
poor grace...:(

IrisPurpleButterfly
IrisPurpleButterfly

Smells like mothballs to me. Yuk.

Kellylovesperfume
Kellylovesperfume

I think i might have offended the lady at the counter when I sad smells like some sort of bathroom cleaner. She looked shocked and proceeded to tell me it was her favorite scent, and it really smells like soap and water...yeah soap and water called "scrubbin bubbles"... How can you correct someone on what they're smelling anyways?I guess the scents from philosophy just don't agree with my nose...

Repogirl

One more thing to those of you looking for the original Philosophy scent, I saw a ton of them at Nordstrom Rack - priced for and amazing $18.00/each!!! I considered getting them all lol.

Repogirl

When I first tried this, I really did not like it at all. I have been a fan of Amazing Grace for some time so my expectations for this scent where high. I purchased several items in this scent fully expecting to love this as much as Amazing Grace but ended up returning them all as I wasn't feeling Pure Grace. Well some time has passed and every time I visited Ulta, I always found myself trying Pure Grace again. So months after my first initial purchase, I purchased it again! And I have to say, I love it. I am a huge fan of fresh, clean, soapy, scents and this fits right in. I do still prefer Amazing Grace but this is now my second favorite Philosophy scent. :)

Tovah
Tovah

In my freshman year at college I had a certain roommate who annoyed me in countless ways; the worst was that she was "overly sweet", and "goody-goody". She flaunted her precious sweetness and innocence the way others flaunt a voluptuous body. She made me gag. Misfortune upon misfortune, she was a rabid fan of Ivory soap, which I could never stand. She used Ivory soap, Ivory shampoo and conditioner, and Ivory clothes detergent. I'm NOT kidding. My suspicious nature often wondered if her addiction to the smell of purity was overcompensating for something, but if it was I never discovered what. I would bet a great deal of money that this woman, at this point in time, is a kindergarten teacher in a small parochial school, and that she wears Pure Grace every single day. Pure Grace...for when Ivory just isn't enough.

Philosophy PURE GRACE is a serious shower-in-a-bottle in the bottle scent whose sole purpose appears to be to make the wearer smell as though s/he recently showered. No surprise really, since it's printed right there on the label: “nothing smells better than soap and water clean”. As I recently bathed, it all seems a bit redundant to me. The philosophy here is one of inoffensivity: don't rock the boat and by all means avoid drawing the attention of the perfume police to you! Very much in line with the output of the house of Clean, PURE GRACE smells like a middling hotel soap with a sliver of vetiver thrown in for good measure and reminds me in its personal-hygiene-obsessed intention of breath mints or scented deodorant (both of which I shun). I prefer to start with a clean body and then layer on top a bona fide perfume. That said, since I have it, I might wear this fragrance now and then, when I know that I'm going to be in a congested public setting, such as today, when I'll be at the library surrounded by people some of whom really could use a good lathering... Perhaps my just-showered-smell will inspire them to raise the (soap) bar and finally suds up! On ne sait jamais...

Update: okay, after about an hour, I could not even smell PURE GRACE anymore. This is definitely much more of an unperfume than a perfume. There are better choices for public-friendly fragrances, it seems to me. TRACY and CERRUTI 1881 are good examples of very clean-smelling scents with a bit of perfumic integrity and depth.“Nothing smells better than soap and water clean”? Au contraire. For example, perfume.

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

"Lovely" ....if you want to smell like the washing you just pegged up. I'd swear Procter and gamble made this if I didn't know better.

phc
phc

Just received this one as a large set with hand cream, body butter, shower cream and fragrance spray. I'm not really sold on it yet. It does smell clean, but my first impression wasn't as positive as I expected. I was hoping for a little light musk undertone, but it just smells clean and fresh, which is fine I guess, just not what I was hoping for. May be I will get used to it.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

VERY soapy clean. Very. This is more like shower gel than perfume! Staying power is pretty good.

Not my taste, but the soap-vibe makes this work safe.

sherryxfilesfan

Love this! Just a pure, clean soapy scent. The only downside is that it lasts only a few hours, you constantly have to reapply, which is a big downside for the price. I prefer the CLEAN brand scents....they have staying power!

jch
jch

When I wore this I had so many people telling me that i smelled really good. It's a light, soapy fragrance that makes you feel clean and fresh. My only problem with it is that it doesn't last very long - I went through the bottle so fast, and it's not cheap. I did keep on buying it though as I liked it so much, although I then discovered Glow by Jennifer Lopez which, although it doesn't smell anything like this, is another showery, soapy kind of fragrance and is a lot more affordable.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I love this perfume! I actually got this second-hand from someone else, but it smells so clean and divine! It smells just like my unrequited love's home- sad, but I find the scent very comforting! I got it in EDT and it lasted 8 hours on me- longer than supposedly better quality perfumes like those in the Juicy Couture range, although the scent is quite light. The notes of the perfume listed above sound quite generic, but the actual perfume is truly something else- if angels had a scent, I think this would be it! HG fresh/clean perfume found!

Update: I wore this regularly while on an internship for my course and after that truly horrible experience, I don't love this anymore. :(

Dymphna
Dymphna

I really love this scent. The first time I smelled it was several years ago. My best friend was wearing it and I demanded to know what it was. I was surprised because I didn't like Amazing Grace at all, but Pure Grace is just perfect. It really does smell like clean skin, like you just stepped out of the shower, yet it doesn't smell like soap per se. I think it's just that many of us associate the smell of lavender with soap.

To my nose, this is primarily a lavender/soft musk scent, with a bit of bergamot and water lily. I don't really detect the jasmine at all, though it's probably just adding to the impression of gentle (i.e., not high-pitched) creamy white florals. It smells really clean, delicate, and fresh, and I often wear it in warm weather or when I don't know what I want to smell like (I have A LOT of perfume) but just want to smell good. It's simple and clean, and has a respectable amount of sillage without leaving an obnoxious scent trail. That's based on the roll-on perfume oil and the solid perfume, by the way. I don't use the spray because sprays tend to make me sneeze and they don't smell the same.

Printeza7
Printeza7

I have the roll on(small but concetrated). I am not sure that I like it though. It is a soap smell rather than a fragrance. It does smell clean but too much lavender in.If you like lavender you will sure love this.

chanellove17
chanellove17

I thought I would love this (I love amazing grace and inner grace), the sound of a "soapy clean" scent just sounded really appealing. But to me, all this smells like is a gross, cloying, alcoholly cologne. Um, yuck. This one is not for me!

Missmonie
Missmonie

My Aunt sent me this in the mail and I love it! Very fresh and smells like when you just get out of the shower. Stays on for a long time which I love (: Really uplifting.

MineralDiva

I must say that I was not enthused with this one at first. It seemed to have a jasmine note that was difficult to understand. But...then it dried down and became the "soap and water clean" that everyone raves about. Ohhhh yes! I'm glad I didn't give up on this fragrance, as it is definitely a clean, fresh, just-stepped-out-of-the-shower experience, that really shines on a warm summer day - or any day that you just want to smell "clean." I find myself spritzing my pillow with it or just misting lightly, when anything heavier would be overpowering. Date night fragrance? No. Not for me anyway. But for an overall, go-to scent, when you don't really know WHAT you want...just clean...absolutely!

roccoheartssmells
roccoheartssmells

I love this scent and on a really hot day the smell seems to intensify! Smells clean and soapy. Reminded me of a laundromat a little bit. Hands down favorite everday scent, Girls quit wearing the overbearing stench in a bottle you call perfume. Get something clean, subtle, sexy. I'm constantly getting compliments and even some of the guys at work ask for a spritz haha. The girls always ask who smells so amazing!

alfonsine
alfonsine

I've been going around looking for a really fresh soapy scent to wear in the summer and I chose this because it doesn't have that strong citrus scent which a lot of "fresh" perfumes have. Don't get me wrong, I love fresh, citrus scent but many perfume ended up smelling like citrus toilet cleaner on my skin. Whereas, pure grace uses florals (lavender, water lily etc) to create its fresh scent, which greatly soften up the scent.
Its a clean, soapy, and fresh scent like how philosophy described it. It does smell like detergent but its a soft one(I personally think its way softer than Clean perfumes.) Also, somehow, there's a hint sunscreen lotion-scent when i spray this perfume on me, reminding me of the beach and summer =).
Pure Grace is perfect to wear on a hot summer day, even though on the first spray, it may smell a bit too soapy/detergen-y, it softens up quickly and will stay for 3-4 hours. I like this scent but it wont ever be a signature scent, its too simple and straight forwardly soapy.

mika71
mika71

I wanted to like this so much, but it actually sort of stings my nasal passages, very sharp detergent-like scent on me.

cloibne
cloibne

I actually wear the original Philosophy signature eau de parfum.

Philosophy's signature fragrance needs to be added to Fragrantica.

It smells even more 'just fresh,clean', more than any other of the Philosophy line, even more than Pure Grace.

Philosophy's signature scent is often listed as citrus but to me it smells like clean water, so clean it's slightly sweet,like cold fresh bubbling spring water, maybe like quinine water but still hard to place the smell..maybe even slightly oceanic...

If clouds had a smell I think Philosophy signature would be their smell.

I can smell it waftng out as I run around on cool breezy days.
Lovely scent. It'd be my signature if it weren't so hard to find.
The other day, when the temps were warm enough to go out with just a sweater but still crispy,chilly and with that moisture from the surrounding snow in the air, *ahhh* so nice to smell Philosophy wafting around me.

If you hate scented anything and have skin allergies like me, try philosophy, especially *sigh* the original signature scent.

I bought my latest one at Marshalls.

to those who think Philosophy is overpriced: it's expensive for companies to make a perfume well balanced and subtle :a perfume instead of a stench ;)

but then, of course, once we find our signature scent, we'll pay anything for it
-right,Chanel No5,you cheeky minx!?

Do NOT wear any other scents with this eau, not even other philosophy!

DO spritz it on your pillow beside an open window in the spring or early summer!

UGGGHHHH I LOVE THIS SCENT !
Pure Grace is an ok substitute.

*This review is for the EDT concentration*

From the back of the bottle: "Pure Grace is the clean smell of soap and water, the memory of fresh air woven into a set of crisp white cotton sheets, the one white t-shirt that feels better than all the rest..."

AMEN! My first introduction (before the flower) to lavender was my mother's Yarley's Olde English Lavender glycerine soap. To me, lavender has always been the scent of clean! Lavender is here, in abundance and some soapy smelling notes as well. The bergamot gives it a bright sparkle, and the white florals of jasmine and water lily give it an aquatic creamy feel. The musk is not as noticeable, but definitely there. This comes very close to the smell of clean sheets hung in the sun and spring breeze to dry. Upon actually drying all the way down, it does remind one of the comfiness of your favorite white worn-in softest t-shirt. Great job Philosophy! I have a few of the CLEAN scents and like/love them a great deal, but this is more than soapy cleanliness, it has a soft floral air that is not overly femme or even anywhere near perfumey. If most florals bother you and you want a clean scent that is soapy but not too sharp, Pure Grace is for you...

Sillage: close but good
Longevity: average
Overall: 3/5

A dear friend who loves perfumes, but has trouble wearing them bought some of this, and asked me what I thought. It is simple, clean and lovely...what's not to like?! Some may say you smell like a laundry woman, but there are worse things to smell like than its simple (and subtle) gentleness.

K3ll3Y
K3ll3Y

I like clean scents and this one fit the bill. I noticed when I wore it at work, I had a lot of people visit my office and they tended to mingle there. It almost seemed like the were closer to me too. Unfortunately, the fragrance does not last! I even bought the EDP and still no longevity. I would say 2 hours max.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Disappointed!! Since I love Amazing Grace so much, I decided to order Pure Grace as well. I had read several comments about this clean, fresh scent, but to me it smells nothing else than ordinary soap. I have had several of the Clean Perfumes perfumes, and would recommend them instead, if you want is something that smells like a showergel or soap and has longlasting power. I love clean scents,but in my opinion Pure Grace is nothing but boring.

EBridget
EBridget

Such a clean fragrance. The best place to buy this (and any of the Philosophy fragrances) in Super Size is QVC. I don't believe that Super sizes of the shower cream and body lotion are available in stores.

vialon3
vialon3

Went from shop to shop looking for Jill Sander Pure and could not find it. Finally in Nordstroms, a very sweet sales rep.went beyond the routine "No, sorry" and asked "You might try.....?" I am hooked on Pure!!!! And am so happy to say Pure Grace is a delightful, clean fragrance that is great for daily boosts of good feelings. It is really all the things written in its Philosophy description.Can't praise it enough! For me, this is the Amazing One!

BRAHMABULL

I love soft perfumes. All most all females where loud overbearing perfumes, I can smell a mile away...YUCK! This is a powerful barely there scent. Where ever I go, it's always, who smells so good? And I never say it's me, because when I'm gone it's obvious it was me. This is my scent from here to eternity. It's beautiful, light, clean and sexy for any age. The only thing is layer, layer, layer to make it last. To me it's the most beautiful scent out of all the Philosophy line.

Blissful80
Blissful80

You have to get all of the bath products for this very very clean fresh fragrance to make it last all day. Its great for a person that works in the healthcare field like me. I love perfume and you can't wear strong perfume when you work in a hospital. This is perfect to wear. It has a clean light musk smell to it and stays with you all day. Soap and water clean smell and kind of creamy. I really like it for when I just want to wear something light too or just want to smell fresh. The shower cream and lotion is great for sensitive and dry skin its very moisturizing! When I first tried it after it dried down...it sorta smells like a newborn baby smell. You know how babies have that clean soft smell? Not like powder, but just kind of brand new. Very nice. I also noticed it can be used with other fragrances, because I put some on and then put on some LOOK by Vera Wang on OMG! It made it smell amazing it some how made my fragrance very very long lasting too. I also bought the new philosophy fragrance eternal grace and used it with Paloma Picasso WOW did it make it smell good! This is universal too men can use it as well.

MineralDiva

It took me several weeks to warm up to this one. The jasmine note just seemed rather cloying for a while. Then, as the weather turned warmer, the "clean" part of this one came through. NOW I understand why it's a favorite of many. I'm glad I gave it a chance - it almost went back - now it's the one I turn to, when anything else is too much. A good date night fragrance? Not really. But to smell clean and fresh - most definitely! I have to say, it's won me over!

guest_Sarah
guest_Sarah

I love Pure Grace. It is the smell of fresh washed sheets, soft and clean. Better than the clean perfumes for me.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

It is nice. Fresh, soft and still a bit sexy. It is not a perfume if you know what I mean, just a very good smell. It smells very clean, but in a nice way, not like the ones in the clean line. I only have the bodyspritz at the moment, but definitly will buy a full bottle of this lovely fragrance.

breezy22
breezy22

a friend of mine was wearing this once and I couldn't figure out who smelled so great. When I finally figured out it was her, I went and purchased a bottle of the perfume the next day. It's such a clean smell, and it makes you feel so fresh and light and happy. I love it and would recommend it to everyone.

I just adore this fragrance. I can't get enough of it. I love that clean, freshly laundered, straight out of the bath with a big white cotton towel around me smell. It also helps me to sleep for some reason...

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Mmmm...this fragrance reminds me of babies, peace, happiness, true love. Basically all things good in the world. Pure Grace has an innocent quality to it, while still being very lady like. My fave of all the Philosophy fragrances.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

This is my "reach" fragrance. It's not a perfume....rather a fragrance. It's light and airy. It's "soap & water" clean is the best! Reminds me of ivory soap in a way but much better. You can layer any other fragrance on top of this line and it only makes it better. But, alone it is perfection! This is what I call my t-shirt & boxer scent. I just love it! I can't say enough about it! I use the entire line...enough said!

GreyAngel
GreyAngel

I surprised myself by liking this fragrance as much as I did. To me, it smells a lot like Bobbi Brown's "Beach" fragrance - very soft, fresh, and very much a "soap & water" clean with almost a hint of something else underneath, like the surf, sand, and sunscreen maybe? But in a good way :) I love to spritz this on myself when I take a shower before bed, or on a summer weekend when I just want to feel like I smell clean and fresh, not overly "perfumed." It is a great neutral scent for almost anyone, at almost any time. Definitely not a heady, complex, sexy, "night out" scent, but great for pretty much any other occasion!

lombredansleau
lombredansleau

Smells like Clean Ultimate. I bought it and loved it for a week.

Cherub573
Cherub573

I normally do not care for "clean" fragrances much at all. I don't like any of the Clean brand scents. I liked this one, but I'm not even sure why. It smells comfortingly clean, not too harsh (the Clean scents tend to hurt my nose), but distinctly like fresh laundry. Clean and wet, brisk, but not masculine. I would say it could be androgynous though.

black bacarra
black bacarra

Addicted to the smell of citrusy soap and laundry this was the perfect pick for me. Love that it is a cheaper alternative to Clean warm cotton. Another favorite.

deborah88
deborah88

I tend to wear this fragrance when I need to do housework and laundry. It gives me the needed psychological boost to be able to tackle cleaning projects!

monochromatism
monochromatism

Very clean, but not "soapy." No clean clothes, and no time for a shower? Walk through a cloud of Pure Grace, and you're good to go. I like to layer it with the body wash for staying power, and even then, it's not too strong. It stays close to the skin, and there's a hint of jasmine or something like it that really keeps my nose to my arm.

Pure Grace by Philosophy 3.94 out of 5 based on 342 ratings and 80 user reviews

philosophy 'pure grace' eau de parfum Limited Edition 4 oz
Eau De Parfum
philosophy 'pure grace' eau de parfum Limited Edition
philosophy 'pure grace' eau de parfum Limited Edition

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Philosophy Pure Grace fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Philosophy Pure Grace, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pure Grace by Philosophy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pure Grace by Philosophy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.