Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Balmya de Balmain Pierre Balmain for women

Balmya de Balmain Pierre Balmain for women
dislike

coffee
Balmya de Balmain Pierre Balmain for women Pictures Balmya de Balmain Pierre Balmain for women Pictures Balmya de Balmain Pierre Balmain for women Pictures Balmya de Balmain Pierre Balmain for women Pictures

Balmya de Balmain by Pierre Balmain is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Balmya de Balmain was launched in 2002. Balmya de Balmain was created by Alexandra Jouet and Jean Jacques. Top notes are angelica, passionfruit, violet leaf, pink pepper and bergamot; middle notes are vanilla, coffee and jasmine; base notes are cappuccino, sandalwood, iris petals and cashmere wood.

Angelica Passionfruit Violet Leaf Pink Pepper Bergamot

Vanilla Coffee Jasmine

Cappuccino Sandalwood Iris Petals Cashmere Wood

Balmya de Balmain Fragrance Reviews

Yohji
Yohji

Balmya, for gifting which I thank Renee, is a charming, french-elegant but contradictional fragrance, - the notes of coffee, capuccino and floral ones is a definitely unusual touch and was very interesting to explore how they manage to stay together and create what it is.

First that I smell is ringing in air angelica, herbal and musky-sweet and quite lingering. Normally with angelica I would expect vetiver or patchouli but no...as after slight spicy crispy green feel you swim into rich coffee with milk phase. Its so unusual that I prefer not to analyze it too much while I Am wearing it, so my brain will not lock himself up)

Balmya is like the pearl shell with its multi colored structure, like a prism effect (according décor of its box) constantly shining by one or another side – crispy-flowery one – creamy-coffeeish/iris/powdery another one, not to forget exotic fruity feel with cashmere wood, plus every 5 minutes you might smell any of those phases out of order, I guess for some people it might seem annoying but once you get what it wants to say – you just cant help but love it for its uniqueness.

kasienka
kasienka

Typically summer and light scent.
Long time ago... I had deodorant - Imperial Leather, which was very close to balmy.
It reminds me of the children's soap, baby oil or sunscreen...hot sand and hot sun.
Creamy as moisturizer.
It gives a lot of heat, and you get the impression that the body becomes velvety.
I feel cappuccino and milk.
Smell very feminine and innocent.

It is definitely alone in its style, very French true, very unique, I find it attractive, on some days, on others not sure about a certain metallic note, some sourness. Overall though Balmain has created unique bold scents, Balmya is exotic in a way, it is a scent you smell once and cannot forget, as far as wearing it, I use it rarely, it isn't a casual easy to wear scent
It fares better in summer I feel, too sour for cold weather. Distinctive creation, though not easy to enjoy.

vicka16
vicka16

Oh well, I had big hopes for this perfume, but... I was desperately trying to find a perfume with coffee notes in it, so when I saw coffee and cappuccino notes listed in Balmya I blind bought it. What a disapointment it was when I receaved and sampled it! It was woody, powdery and spicy. No coffee at all.
I though maybe my nose can't detect any coffee notes in perfumes so I make my hasband and mom sniff it on my skin. They couldn't smell it either. I sprayed it my husband wrist - the same result... :(

Aspendina
Aspendina

:-( ok finally got my hands on this after wanting it for so long. Sadly I don't get any coffee notes and that was what I was hoping to smell. Instead the first half smells like a super strong and heavy old lady perfume then the second half smells like the same dry down as 5th Avenue Style, oh well I am still very thankful I got to finally smell it and the bottle is cute too.

lilou
lilou

Very strange perfume...
It's not a blow of heart. I purchased it because I read lots of positive comments about it. I was sure I would like it : "sweet, feminine...". And I sold it back after a few days.
Pink pepper and coffee are too present, it's too green, I can't smell creamy and sweet notes. At 1st it reminded me Delicious Night - DKNY, then this impression disappeared and coffee and pepper covered all the other notes.
I think I do not dislike it but I can't like it.

June18
June18

Lo-o-ve it! Smells, I'd say, very "noble", (not even sure that I can pull it off ;-))) ..non of coffee-cappuccino on me, thou...

id
id

Nice, light, not too sweet, but definitely a bright scent. It suits to accompany my good mood. The base has something in common with other fragrances of Balmain. And I really like it.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I would characterize this as a sweet fruity-floral scent, although it’s hard to identify any specific fruits or flowers. It’s more like a generic tutti-frutti candy scent with a creamy vanilla base. I think the “coffee” scent is more cream than coffee, a single half-shot grandissimo latte flavored with cirtusy fruit syrup.

As it dries down I smell some slightly powdery iris notes, too. Sillage is extremely strong, even from a tiny dab. The scent is more or less linear, gradually disappearing over the course of 6-8 hours. It’s not my style, but it’s not bad if you like artificial fruit flavor and creamy notes.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

What a successful blind buy!
At first spray, I didn't think it was anything special... at first it reminded me of Live by J.LO, maybe it was the initial passionfruit fruitiness. But as it settles it gets better and better. It also reminds me a little of Lise Watier's Neige.... not sure what notes give it that effect, though.
I love when the vanilla and coffee notes starts kicking in... very warm and inviting, not too sweet or gourmand - and lasts 8 and more on my skin.

UPDATE: I am so addicted - it is all I've been wearing the past couple of days, the woody-vanillic-cozy latte smell is so delicious. And somehow, it's still "fresh" enough with the fruit/green top notes to be appropriate for summer wear (and believe me, it's hoooooot right now.)

gigiletta
gigiletta

very sweet but not sticky way,bergamot and violet gave it some heavy and strange notes,i think perfect for +35 for spring.i bought before smellin but i like it.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

For me this scent is very similar to Cartier Delices. is interesting and very pretty. I only dont like it on my skin.I feel cherry and too much pink pepper. But this is very good stuff.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

A bitter brew.

A very green and peppery fragrance, with a very faint milky note in the background.

For those who can wear green scents, and like their coffee black, or at the very least unsweetened.

blueberry
blueberry

I got it as a present and really wanted to like this one, without success though. I guess the scent is too modern, too vague, too "nice" and not distinct enough for me. As a fan of other Balmain fragrances (especially Miss Balmain) I got disappointed, but I got compliments when wearing it. So again, what others like does not mean you will like as well. Anyway, I gave nearly full 100ml EDT to my mom, for whom the scent is very pleasant and refreshing. Another example that age has nothing to do with what one likes in perfumes.

The temperature has plummeted, and the Pierre Balmain lovefest continues with a fragrance perfect for the cool breezy evening at the end of this hot sunny day: BALMYA.

BALMYA edp is a well-constructed coffee fragrance with just the lightest hint of sweetness. While coffee is definitely the focal note to my nose, BALMYA is decidedly *not* a Demeter-like facsimile of a latte spilled down one's blouse (a la Comptoir Sud Pacifique VANILLE MOKHA, to name a name).

The coffee here is black and slightly bitter but supported by the floral, herbal and woody notes in a most enticing way. I do not detect the passionfruit, and the vanilla is not readily identifiable as such--this is not a vanilla-focused frag.

In terms of quality, I'd rank BALMYA right up there with BELLE EN RYKIEL and TRUSSARDI INSIDE, though I hasten to add that each buttresses the dominant coffee note in its own distinctive way. Coffee lovers rejoice: all three of these excellent and amazingly affordable fragrances can be part of a perfumista's wardrobe without redundancy--or insolvency. (-: Recommended!

allexa27
allexa27

no coffee ,no cappucino.On me its only violets and iris.Very long lasting(the edp version)At the beggining is angelica and something like cardamom.In the drydown it has big similarities with She Wood by DSquared

lucifera
lucifera

yes i finally have my EDP and it smells great, just like the edt but a tad stronger,lastingpower is great! can still smell it so it last more then 4 hours wich is very good
loove it!

krishka
krishka

I adore this scent, it is so delicate and beautiful on me, light but with character, fresh, warm , young, calming without overpowering sweetness!

belle de sud
belle de sud

Although I am a die-hard Balmain devotee, Balmya is not my favorite of the remarkable house. It is more a floral-woody composition than a true oriental floral, despite the notes; I detect mostly the jasmine heart and it is somewhat "pale" and short-lived compared to say, Jolie Madame or Ivoire.

A pleasant and feminine scent, good for everyday use but as I noted not a lasting fragrance. I do not smell the coffee in Balmya - wish I could! I would give it 3 stars.

alef
alef

I had one bottle and finished it very rapidly as it was a perfect daily perfume for me... Unfortunate that it was not long-standing but I loved the scent... it had a relaxing and slightly dreamy effect on me. Still I did not feel myself like a silly blond the way I feel with powdery scents. I would buy it if it comes on my way again but would not remember to ask for it in the shops I enter to find a new jewel :)

amelie
amelie

Slightly oriental, capuccino aroma with some vanilla, but not outstanding,it begins gently and lasts few hours. Balmya could attract those who love Fidji,has that tenderness and freshness.
I love Balmain, so delicate and French in comparison with some trendy scents, and so feminine!

Malegria
Malegria

Not for me!!!
As a huge fan of sweet, delicious fragrances ( I love smelling like a piece of pie, I admit) I had great expectations. Well...I don`t know, may be it`s the violet leaves note that gets me and puts me off. But there is a strong resemplance to a chest rub, some mint notes that show up every now and then, through Balmya`s head, heart and base....and it is a bit disturbing to me. I love coffee in perfumes, but without menthol, please! I know it`s not in the notes, but I feel it very clear, it must me something else - but anyway. Sloan`s chest rub!

mellybee
mellybee

A note of angelica offers an initial burst, quite remarkable, makes me think of Frederic Malle's Angéliques Sous La Pluie, which soon segues into a tart accord of violet leaves. At this point I started to wonder how Balmya could be an oriental floral, but as the composition develops, the savory greenness grows dim, revealing a base of warm creamy woods.
I was afraid of the coffee note being too overwhelming like it does in the L'Or de Torrente (I adore coffee but in a mug with a generous spray of whipped cream and a hint of cinnamon rather than on my skin), but it was a baseless fear. Out and away is the cappucino what adds some warmth to the scent in the drydown.
While Balmya isn't an earthquakingly beauty, it offers an elegantly composed fragrance.

louyse
louyse

Purchased this on sale in 2008. I loved the notes...I could actually smell the cappucino in the base notes.

Balmya de Balmain by Pierre Balmain 3.58 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Pierre Balmain Balmya de Balmain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Pierre Balmain Balmya de Balmain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Balmya de Balmain by Pierre Balmain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Balmya de Balmain by Pierre Balmain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.