Designers » N-Q » Chypre Floral « Groups

Eau d’Ivoire Pierre Balmain for women
dislike

sour
Eau d’Ivoire Pierre Balmain for women Pictures

In 2012 Balmain presented the new edition of the famous Ivoire perfume from 1979. Its 2013 flanker carries the same name as Eau d'Ivoire version from 2000.

New Eau d'Ivoire is a playful and somewhat sporty fragrance made from fresh fruits, delicate flowers and chypre base. Top notes include bergamot and red currant. Osmanthus blossom and magnolia in the heart are placed on the base of patchouli and musk ambrettolide.

Its packaging design is inspired by the 2013 summer collection designed by Olivier Rousteing. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Bergamot Red Currant

Magnolia Osmanthus

Patchouli Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Eau d’Ivoire Fragrance Reviews

jenni.karlsson
jenni.karlsson

Beautiful, not strong, simple and fresh. I am a Scandinavian woman and this fragrance is quite unknown here. That's why I love it!

cescliciouz
cescliciouz

I got it as a Christmas gift. And I didn't like it at the beginning because I found it smells too sweet. I don't really like the sweet smell, but after I wore it several times, I found myself like it! It is sweet, truly. But the blend of fruity bargamot and slightly peppery, makes me fall in love with this Balmain! And the bottle is simply cute and handy. I love it overall.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

I really don't like this one. I don't find it to be expensive smelling and in no case it resemble to Miss Dior Cherie. Miss Dior Cherie is sharp and floral, whereas Eau dÍvoire is more synthetic and rosey. I'm glad I did not blind purchased this perfume as I recently had the opportunity to try it in Debenhams store and totally disliked it.

elmizakamarulzaman
elmizakamarulzaman

Simple. Just simple soapy smell fragrance. Nothing complex. I don't really like it. Had a 100ml bottle but gave it to my mum. It smells like a fresh laundry, which suits my mum very well.

This is a truly wonderful scent. Modern and elegant, full of simple sophistication. Light, airy and very feminine. I like the tartness, mild sweetness and light freshness. There's nothing bothering about. A modern classic. It would be great everyday scent too. Lovely.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

I gotta say, for the price of Eau d'Ivoire (between 20-45$/100ml), you get a super pleasant scent - and it's reminiscent of some new release you'd grab from the department store this year for upwards of one hundred bucks.

The atmosphere is timeless, ageless, carefree and uplifting (let's not forget inoffensive). There are definitely some more sweet-sour-berries in the opening, something kind of like pink lemonade - and as the scent dries down it leans more towards a generically sweet "perfume" perfume. Like the soft citrus-fruity-sweet scent you're met with when you walk past a fragrance counter.

I would call this freshly-showered-clean, without being soapy or green in the slightest way, like it's original Ivoire counterpart. I love wearing this fragrance on very hot days, or when you want something effortless to wear, that DOESN'T go into 13-hour-beast-mode. What you get here is delicate, lightweight, and airy.

Really overlooked, I think! Surprised this isn't talked about more! To me, there is the same feeling of Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet in this fragrance - though I prefer this one over Dior due to the lack of sharp peony. If you're a fan of soft, dainty fruity florals - definitely don't pass this one up!

Likute
Likute

AT first spray it's very citrusy. Later what I feel is mostly red currant. This one is great for summer. I don't like sweet smell, so this one I like, it's fresh and sour. Very nice and different from the others, that smell the same. Can't wait for a hot day to refresh myself with this beauty :)

chanka
chanka

Very nice , sweet , berry fragrance
if you want to buy perfume as a gift this is good one
you cant meet person who wont like it so it is good secure gift
very nice, soft feminine scent..

explicitreviews
explicitreviews

Smells like a strong but genteel lady who likes wearing nude or earth tones of her wardrobe.
Carries a Celine bag and Prada shades, and always on her phone for business calls.

Basically a career lady who yearns to be a homemaker.

It is a good day time perfume, lasts decently long, and toward the night, the musk notes takes over and good to go without changing perfumes. It is very alluring to men, and I have compliments of this smelling expensive and sweet from men.

Simple ingredients but worked seamlessly.

Megamind
Megamind

I hesitated a lot before buying this perfume. I saw patchouli notes and was afraid it would turn oriental or masculine. But I'm glad now to have it. If I won't see the listed notes before I would say for sure that patchouli is not mentioned it this perfume.
It is very fresh, sweet and simply an olfactory pleasure.
Red current and osmanthus blossom are mostly prominent. The crystal sweetness of red current is balanced by amberette, aromatic osmanthus blossom and may be a shadow of magnolia. It just smells so good! And an enormous bonus is that this perfume has a huge projection and a very long lasting power.
Definitely Eau d'Ivoire Pierre Balmain is a good fragrance.

Caledonian77
Caledonian77

Delightful UK swap as always with Ioli19 & introduced me to Balmain D'Ivoire just before Christmas. I wasn't over impressed with the original Balmain rather on the soapy side but D'Ivoire oh wow! so delicate & completely different approach which was a lovely surprise. If like me you don't like your perfume over powering this is naturally simplistic & uplifting. What's not to like....it's pink, cheeky, sweet, fresh, fruity very girly due to the red berries & magnolia. I detect the honey teasing Osmanthus oil as the perfume get's going & settles on my skin which gives it a velvety sweetness. My dreaded friend Patchouli plays a very quiet role in the base notes & helped with the musk to leave a comforting aroma. Overall beautifully created & rather mouth watering, refreshing scent that just quenches your perfume thirst.

This fragrance is so sweet and fruity, I'm actually a little bit in shock. It's on a totally different end of the spectrum to the soapy chypre that is the newest Balmain Ivoire.

Sugary berries, that was the first thing that came to mind when I tested Balmain's Eau d'Ivoire. Raspberry cordial followed soon after as one of the many ways I could describe this fragrance. That's not to say that I found this scent unpleasant, but if you've ever tried its predecessor Ivoire you'll understand my surprise when this flanker greeted me the way it did.

Balmain is quite a long standing fragrance house, spanning many generations, so with the release of Eau d'Ivoire the brand is welcoming the younger consumers. The sweetness is sure to appeal to many in today's current market, especially seeing that sweet fruity scents dominant people's wardrobes these days, including my own.

Eau d'Ivoire is a less sweet version of Lancome's La Vie Est Belle to my nose. I can't say that the osmanthus and magnolia are particularly dominant on my skin. The notes that I can detect include red berries, ambrette and bergamot.

The sillage is fairly light, however the longevity is excellent. I personally find Eau d'Ivoire pretty, delicate and feminine. And while it would make a nice addition to anyone's wardrobe, I think it could be an easy one to forget all about, more often than not finding itself pushed to the back of a cupboard collecting dust.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

This is proably the safest perfume I've ever smelled. Would make a great gift for non-perfume freaks. The essence of pretty, not harsh, not vintage, not too sweet, not too extravagant. Light and soft, but long lasting. A great gift for a young girl.

dsty
dsty

I got a sample of this when I bought Ivoire, and though I like this well enough I have to say I don't see the connection to the "original" (by which I mean the current Ivoire, because I've never smelled the vintage incarnations of either version). The only thing that makes sense with this naming is that Ivoire is much stronger and longer lasting than Eau d'Ivoire; otherwise there isn't even a vague similarity in smell or even notes listed.

Apart from that, though, it's a really nice smell. I sampled it three times now and I must say I didn't remember it much after the first couple of times. That's not because it's not good, though; it's just that it's very subtle. Very light, very soft. Fruity and sweet but not in that in-your-face bright way that a lot of fruity florals have; red berries but with a powdery, non-edible softness to them. I bet the flowers contribute a lot to that, but I can't pick out those notes very well. At the end the fruit wears off and it gets even softer in the musky drydown. All in all it's very inoffensive, which equals "boring" in a lot of cases, but it doesn't here, because it's so well made.

So I quite like it, though not nearly as much as Ivoire; I think the naming connection doesn't do this any favours...

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Eau d'Ivoire opens with a tart red currant note, juicy, refreshing and invigorating. This red currant mellows with time, but it remains the key note throughout the whole development. The osmanthus is noticeable, but not that distinctive, as it serves as a bridge between fruity and floral aspects of the fragrance. It eventually dries down into a clean white musk scent adorned by the tartness of red currant.

The sillage of Eau d'Ivoire is soft, and the longevity is at least 8 hours. I find Eau d'Ivoire very different from the new Ivoire. It actually reminds me of Lalique Amethyst and Gucci EDP II. Although they don't smell the same, they all present a natural fresh berry note without sugar overload, lighthearted and demure. I'd recommend it as a fragrance with a relatively natural berry note, as long as you don't mind the clean white musk drydown which is quite common among recent releases.

katmo
katmo

Very pleasant, inoffensive, ideal for everyday use. Surprisingly very good lasting on me.

This fragrance deserves more attention.

maltatude
maltatude

I personally like this one. It's light, ozonic florals with some pretty floral accents and soft coumarin-y musky tones... it settles very softly, it's a delicate skin scent.

Now these are different fragrances... but it's in the same category as Cabotine Rose and Signorina EDT. It's that reaaaaally soft, ozonic, je ne sais quoi floraly airy notes, I personally get peony-like hints but it's not peony necessarily... then a very soft skin-close dry down. Who can really dislike this? It's so unobtrusive.

anamalia
anamalia

i was told by the sales representative that this was meant to be a competitor for miss dior. I do not find the same complexity or depth of notes though. Eau D'ivore comes across sharp and alcohol heavy at first but then transforms into a sweet and sugary confection. Lime is so very prominent and quite refreshing to smell, but still I didnt find the fragrance that interesting or different from all the other sweet and day appropriate floral/citrus scents on the market.

musi1701
musi1701

Und noch ein weiteres Parfüm wo mein Körper nicht tragen kann, leider!

crescentsho
crescentsho

I hope they make different name and bottle. The smell is very different. It's light and simple. Please don't make another flanker. Be creative!

Top notes are very pleasant, light, soft, just the way I like it. Fragrance to be worn in summer - I've thought, cause it has been summery relaxing.
4 hours later I can still smell it, and I need to tell you I like it very much. Heart and base notes are nothing but soft pleasure.
Also, I have to tell you that Eau d'Ivoire is not similar to Ivoire. I can remember how I hated Ivoire! It was deep balsamic, unbearable. Unlike it, Eau d'Ivoire is light, light, light! And beautiful.

Update: I've tested it again in heat and you know what? A lot of red currant.

jodie.edwards
jodie.edwards

This smelt nice out of the bottle- subtle fruity sweetness, not cloying and a light powdery finish. On my skin however, the dry down smelt plasticy and almost like spray tan! Sad face

cherie97
cherie97

While the original Ivoire is somehow heavy, Eau d'Ivoire is light, subtle and a bit powdery - in a good way though.
The opening is like a whisper, the scent needs a few seconds up to few minutes to develop on the wrist. A soft scent of juicy bergamont and red currant appears, then flowers show up and stay along. I would describe it as a subtle fruity-floral beginning, it's so cozy you want to wrap yourself up in the scent of Eau d'Ivoire like in a favourite cashmire sweater.
Despite it's freshness, it's a warm scent, what makes it quite unique.
After about an hour musk appears, and the scent becomes a bit peppery. It's a calm, quiet scent, not the one that's standing out of the croud - but makes you comfortable in your own skin.
The bottle is simply beautiful - simple form, glass, subtle colors always work.
Well done, Balmain!

I wasn't a fan of the original Ivoire, too harsh, too formal, too many aldehydes.The 2013 Eau d'Ivoire is a very nice surprise, fresh, fruity but not juicy/ fruity, more blackcurrant fruity, which I love, mature fruity. not overdone fruitiness, going to a chypre floral base, bypassing harshness and vintage edge, I will wear it lots, it is for me the perfect fit, style, fresh, very French, no overdone sweetness, very pretty..30 mn after wearing it I got compliments already on how nice I smelled. Although it isn't really strong longevity is nice..
Great scent.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Pierre Balmain Eau d’Ivoire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Pierre Balmain Eau d’Ivoire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau d’Ivoire by Pierre Balmain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau d’Ivoire by Pierre Balmain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.