Designers » N-Q » Chypre Floral « Groups

Rose by Cardin Pierre Cardin for women

Rose by Cardin Pierre Cardin for women
dislike

Rose by Cardin Pierre Cardin for women Pictures

Rose by Cardin by Pierre Cardin is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Rose by Cardin was launched in 1990. Top notes are aldehydes, coriander, fruity notes, brazilian rosewood and cardamom; middle notes are carnation, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, vetiver and incense.

Aldehydes Coriander Fruity Notes Brazilian Rosewood Cardamom

Carnation Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Vetiver Incense

Diamond Dust Edition

Rose by Cardin Fragrance Reviews

stacia79
stacia79

While not extremely vintage, it's still a nod to times past. Pierre Cardin introduced Rose Cardin in 1990 and it rides the fence of either being a screaming neon pink mini skirt or a classic navy blazer. A rose patchouli with serious throw, this was from an era when rose patchoulis had not yet been produced by everybody and their mother's fashion houses. Reminded me of Barbie dolls from my childhood.

Shwets
Shwets

Such a lovely rose chypre! I didn't think I'd like as chypres are not great on me.
It's like agent provocateur but less chore and more rose. Gorgeous.
Thanks sheza x

butfly23
butfly23

This is soooooooooo strong.
Rose and sweetness, too sweet at the moment for me but I did spray rather a lot.
I have seen all Pierre Cardin sold in the large store on the way into Mahon, Menorca, very cheaply.
I will try less of it & in the winter it may hold itself back a little.
The only other scents I have as strong as this is Rumba & Amouage

Jola 72
Jola 72

This is Magenta in the bottle .All these spicy notes and roses and incense...I think this is one of the best offerings online now if not the best.This is scent of joyful bright day without the sun and rain.Very comfident and enjoyable, calm and seductive aroma I feel me more happy then I wear it,it pushes me for to take some more special womanish outfits on ...JUST SMILING...

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

Damned the fruit! Did they HAVE to? If it wasn't for the fruit salad note this would have been perfect! The fruits add a rather cheerful, happy clappy dimension which is so NOT me! I am a temperamental woman from Southern Europe who fret every morning before my first cup of Greek coffee... All i get is a warm, spicy, Smoky rose and then....voop! FRUITS! No matter how subtle, faint or soft I can still pick them!!!?! I am angry, otherwise this scent would have been up there along Sacre and the likes..
But, no, they HAD to make it palatable, so instead of adding Amber, or honey, a touch of vanilla or dried fruits they added a hefty dose of fruit salad! Good sillage and longevity too, such a pity.....going in a corner to sulk....

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

This is so amazing! Pierre Cardin Rose starts off with rose that is quickly joined by patchouli, then coriander and rosewood, trailed by hints of amber, musk and incense. The rose is definitely the main attraction and it smells like a beautifully bloomed red rose. What a gorgeous perfume!

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

I just got it as a blind buy and, though I don't dislike it, I feel a bit self-conscious wearing it. I tested it last night and it punched me right in the face with a potent blast of rose, spices and woods.Luckily, it mellowed down quite quickly. Problem is, at that stage, it made me anosmic! All of a sudden, I couldn't smell it anymore at all, whilst my partner could still detect it at a distance. Oh well!
I will keep my 15ml travel spray, but a full, unused 30ml bottle goes up for swap .

Elviraelbasan
Elviraelbasan

It is true aromatic elixir + rose . For Sophisticated women

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

This was not ALWAYS a grocery perfume! I bought mine at our Higbee's (now Dillards) many years ago and loved it, except for the fact that the bottle is bigger at top and narrow at the bottom, so I ended up annoying myself by knocking it over from time to time!

kl99
kl99

Divine.
Rose + Diva + rose + aromatics elixir + rose.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Superb!
Absolutely amazing chypre - rich - deep - dark amaranth or vinous rose, that's a generous gesture of the lover to the side of his beloved one - to fill the room with big vases on the floor and dozens of tall most expensive roses in it, dishes with exotic fruits on the small tables, patchouli oil on the lamps...
Its more likely to be a flight to stratosphere wearing Rose by Cardin on a date.
As a big amateur of rich spicy roses - I want to admit - its almost same high level of perfumery that rose in Paestum Eau d'Italie, that I admire as well.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

My nose seizes on the aromatic notes, along with the strong coriander... and almost misses the more subtle rose.

What a Beautiful Chypre, but perhaps not what admirers of the bottle are expecting!

emelim
emelim

Was gift from my fiance, used to love but no no and no. Was big disappointment :(

Rizaldo

LOVE ESSE PERFUME NÃO ENCONTRO MAIS DELE AQUI NO BRASIL
..FAZ MUITO TEMPO QUE USEI SAUDADES.. <3

peewee
peewee

Wow! This perfume is something! Everlasting! Strong, feminine, exotic, delicious. Makes you charming ! I adore it! I got lots of compliments because of Rose by Pierre Cardin. And its not a common fragrance here in Brazil. Many people had never heard about it !

glitterlust
glitterlust

This one comes at you like a mistreated pit bull, not what you'd expect from such an over-the-top barbie accessory bottle.

It starts off in the effervescent chypre style, quite bright and fizzy like champagne. The rose notes are more shrivelled and woody combining with the rosewood and dry fruit. It definitely has a moth ball quality to it and also a strangely fleshy note. It's not animalic, maybe slightly milky but definitely smells like some kind of excretion.

One reviewer said this reminded him of Iquitos and I definitely see the similarities. This is a more butch and bolder take on many of the same notes.

Peachply
Peachply

I must be hallucinating...I remember having this and smelling very very rose like. I would get it again!

Oh where where where can I find this again?

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I read the notes and wanted this so badly. Found it on Amazon for a reasonable price, didn't realize it was shipping from France. Not an issue except it is good to know for shipping expectations. I wore it and I must say, this is not for the shy! It is very much a rose chypre, and it has staying power. I feel like the list of notes was made from my favorite list, who would have thought they would all play together so nicely? I guess grocery store scents in France are much nicer than ours in USA! The bright fuschia/purple bottle is perfect for this lovely and loud scent. I'm really glad I got it.

gigiletta
gigiletta

i really like it.when i was at high school it was very populer in my country.classic but never annoying rose oil,vetiver gives it greenish style.
if you love this one but you think hard to find,you must be try-lulu guiness bed of roses-not in database,they are very very similar in a good way.

Nelken
Nelken

This is an unconventional rose.
It is neither ethereal nor romantic. It is not waiting patiently in the garden for you to admire her. It has higher amibitions than being part of one of your artfully, tastefully arranged bouquets ! It surely doesn't count the shrinking violet among its relatives...
I imagine this rose to be a well paid working girl who enjoys her power at work and an exciting night life.
And forget about her "Queen of the Flowers" status, you can rub shoulders with her. As long as you let her make the first move,that is. Because she is the one who decides.

It seems like you can judge a fragrance by its bottle sometimes... Look at it : fuchsia pink and deep purple, geometrical shape : Very reminiscent of Cardin's daringly creative designs, which were meant to appeal to self confident and bold women.

I find it easier to wear than most chypres, since it is on the green and fresh side.Indeed,the opening notes almost smell like a mix of relaxing essential oils.

Although it is not something I would wear regularly, because I am not into chypres as much as I used to be ,I like it a lot.

plumblossom
plumblossom

Very interesting fragrance, reminds me Y by YSL or Empreinte by Courrèges. This fragrance shows that supermarket fragrances are not only bad and cheap.

krmarich
krmarich

Ah, the reddest, richest last rose of summer! I found a bottle at a forgotten pharmacy on clearance once and find the bottle amazing.

The opening is green spices, mixed with vetiver. And then comes this large parade of heavy, rich red roses. Not the soft pink or white roses that are so common in everything else. The chypre accord of vetiver, patholi and oakmoss(unlisted) sustain the entire grand dame.

The other florals are lost in this sometime bitter rosey chypre that lasts all day. Damascena Rose lovers take note. Its not Chamade or Nahema. It couldnt be. It is more a country cousin that delivers the roses, indeed.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

A classic!!
To me it´s like Idylle, Narciso Rodriguez EDT and City Glam. Wonderful!

LaPetite
LaPetite

I like this one and it's a classical for me . This is odd because i've always thought there was pepper in that , but apparently , there is none O_o , maybe i confused with Rosewood .
It's not discontinued in France however , i an see it every week at the supermarket where i make my weekly grocery shopping.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Just gorgeous. This was a blind buy based on reviews and research only...after I had asked advice about a "smokey rose" I'd been dreaming about. Wow. So blown away by its beauty and the way it keeps morphing, transforming throughout the minutes. Really wish I could find a larger bottle of this. I have a mini vintage and I will savor every drop of this precious fragrance. Soft rose emerges from the heady spices...later to reveal a beautiful sandalwood scent that almost resembles a sexual skin-scented rose...If that makes any sense. I'm in love...

romrom
romrom

wow! my grandmother sent me this one many years ago, I think I was around 17, all I can remeber was how much i loved it back then. The rose and jasmin are just so soft, perfect for a teenager .Then it drys down to a lovely musk and sandalwood. I wouldn't wear it today but it's a great scent

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

i've just bought this perfume....
Rose and Choc are my favorite Cardin's scents...
Rose is so floral with may rose and jasmine, lilly of the Valley, just great.

guest_Nono
guest_Nono

I like this perfume soo much , and I am really upset that it is no longer available in stores , I thought it is only out of stock in our region (Arabian Gulf) but when I read the above comments I realized that it has been discontinued all over the world
I really hope that as soon as possible it will be in stock :)

yo uso rose de cardin hace mas de 20 años y ya no lo consigo en argentina , donde lo puedo conseguir saludos

guest_viviana
guest_viviana

yo uso ROSE by cardin más de 17 años , me lo traen de Paris pero en los cinco últimos años cada vez es más dificil encontrarlo . Es un olor dulce, grato , es indescriptible hay temporadas qu dejo de usarlo y cuando lo vuelvo a usar me trae recuerdos a violetas , rosas , y mucha gente me ha parado a preguntarme que perfume usaba .Es una pena que lo dejen de hacer . un saludo

mymlan
mymlan

I finally got a mini vintage..:) This is really a stroll down memory lane and I now know why I liked it so much.

It starts off with fresh bergamot in combination with spicy coriander and cardamon. The rosewood is giving body to the top and easily merges with the heart, which predominant note consists of a big thick rose. The base of sandalwood, patchouli, amber and musk is kicking in quite early and dries down somewhat sharp, still with a bit of rose present. On me this it becomes a spicy rose which lightens up by the bergamot and is given more of a character from chypre basenotes. It softens down after a while and becomes a very pleasant frag, but a bit monotone. I'm therefore uncertain about buying this scent and for the moment pleased with my mini. But someday I may go hunting for a big vintage bottle.

smellysmellycat
smellysmellycat

this perfume is kind of special for me because the bottle reminds me of my childhood. it's was a classic of it's time. Loved by many women and men of course. Now it's a memory :)

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

Bitter roses... I don't knows why it makes me think of cherries... so sweet it hurts... reminds me of Asia Argento... not sure I can wear it, but I love it anyway.

Goes on a lovely fruity rose then dries down to mothballs on me. Pass.

liat
liat

They don't make it anymore, hah? What a shame. I had it when I was a teenager and it was the most beautiful smell, not to mention the lovely bottle. Such a lovely lovely scent!

Rose by Cardin by Pierre Cardin 4.05 out of 5 based on 106 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Pierre Cardin Rose by Cardin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Pierre Cardin Rose by Cardin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rose by Cardin by Pierre Cardin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rose by Cardin by Pierre Cardin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.