Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Pino Silvestre Original Pino Silvestre for men

Pino Silvestre Original Pino Silvestre for men
dislike

Pino Silvestre Original Pino Silvestre for men Videos

It was presented in 1955, as a fougere composition. This perfume still seduces with its refreshing, clear notes and its authentic bottle design.

It was designed by Lino Vidal, who brought a handful of freshness and sweetness of bergamot, lavender, basil, shiny lemon and juniper berries in the top notes. The heart carries an explosion of spicy notes of carnation, nutmeg, geranium, thyme and fir tree. The base contains accords of amber, cedar, musk, Tonka beans and moss.

Juniper Berries Lavender Basil Bergamot Lemon

Eau de Verveine
Firdous

Pino Silvestre Original Fragrance Reviews

missan

This was ones very good, just like Puig´s Agua Brava ones was good.
Both are unfortunately now mostly a chemical mess, uninteresting.

claudaki
claudaki

Hi everyone,
I'm very surprised when I see comments saying that Pino Silvestre has not a smell of pines.
I leaving in Greece now and I had the opportunity to go several time in Italy and the smells of the pine trees is exactly this one when they are burn by a 40 degrees sun.
The lavender and basil are there too as well as lemon and that is really what you smell when you leave in Mediterranean countries.

CGV
CGV

Pino Original is magic. It managed to survive all these changing decades, still being made in Venice. Flawless & natural with a great touch of spicy pine freshness and by no means any sort of old man style. Very calming, energizing and optimistic. The performance is stunning also. Perfect sillage and projection, not pushy yet steady with a great deal of longevity (throughout the day!!). Gotta love this beauty!

Ignas39
Ignas39

I guess you get what you paid for. This fragrance does not live up to its name - Pino Silvestre, because it does not smell like pine at all. Pine needles after rain or in the high summer heat produce a deep smell, whilst this fragrance is quite fresh and medicinal in some way. Not too enjoyable. The only thing I like about it is the bottle, certainly looks like a pine cone. All in all, I find that this fragrance can only fit a really mature person, someone who is over his fifties. Strong, masculine, though not a really classy type, more like a retired lumberjack.

EDIT: Don't smell it too close, it's too strong. The fragrance should find your nose, not the other way around, then it doesn't feel as harsh.

sasa.ss
sasa.ss

start- pine, caraway, mint... 20 minutes

finish- dill, pepper, nutmeg... 5+ hours

It works great only in cold weather below 20 celsius, don't even think of using it in summer because notes get pretty crazy and silage is like a monster.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

You can have mine it smells like pizza

SuzySchnabel
SuzySchnabel

Must have it, am really nostalgic since I found a mini today ( maybe vintage ? )
It's fresh, woody, lots of aromatics ( clove, nutmeg, sage ) and reminds me of classic Italian smell when I was little. I have a old big splash bottle, empty now.
Will search it for myself. Such a classic is just fun to have, even if I'll wear it just a couple of times ( like now in hot weather, or just after shower, seems good idea )

fldan1020
fldan1020

I did not really like this one. The smell is not bad, but it doesn't smell piney at all. Smells of clove, like a dentist office, like a previous reviewer mentions. I was trying to place the smell, when I read his review I realized, "That's it!".
It does not last very long at all, less that an hour.

hossmonkey
hossmonkey

I hate to bash a classic, but the Frag smells like a Dentist/Medical office from open to Dry-down!? I don't think I have a super olfactory, but I do know what I like and this isn't one of them! Would love to see if this is because the bottle is so new? I'm curious if the Vintage smells similar or not? I get a Clove smell although there isn't Clove listed in the pyramid and it's not a pleasant clove smell? My decision isn't from the lack of wearing it as I've worn it 3 times ..... 2 too many times actually! One of the very few frags I don't like.

Cool_Motivator
Cool_Motivator

Pino Silvestre Original has been around since 1955. This classic Italian fougere will not appeal it all tastes. It’s not for fans of sweet scents like 1 million. This is for discerning and cultured tastes. It’s not a pine tree scent at all. It starts with a mix of juniper, lemon, bergamot and herbs. The heart of this scent is spicy with nutmeg, geranium and fir tree. The dry-down is mossy with hints of musk and cedar. Although it's is an old and classic scent it’s not an “old man scent.” It’s a very refreshing and earthy daytime scent. Longevity and sillage are moderate. It’s a very inexpensive high quality product that I very highly recommend!

gemini68j
gemini68j

One of my favourite scents. It's very nice scent, classic and old-schoolish by good way. I appreciate clear and genuine scents, which are woodsy and aromatic. Pino is quite typical example of this genre. It's fresh and longevity is good. Pino is inexpensive quality product. Very highly recommendable.

Laurlcrown
Laurlcrown

I understand this fragrance is considered somewhat passé in the Italian market. Having recently visited Rome for the first time, however, I must say Pino Silvestre is one of my favourite takeaways.

There's no denying it's the scent of an older gentleman -- and the pine notes (who would do that these days?) very much date it. But this fragrance works on the strength of a nostalgic charm. Not the scent you'll want to wear if your goal is to score chicks at a nightclub. But when you need to channel the confident, refined swagger of your granddad, this is the go to.

Le_Coeur_Gothique
Le_Coeur_Gothique

The place I live belongs to a continental climate zone which means harsh winters and sizzling summers. This fact has led me to believe that most fragrances are shining their best self either in cold or heat, suffering a considerable reduction of developing their olfactory merits when they are worn in their less effective temperature spectrum.

That never was the case with Pino Silvestre because it was always a breath of fresh forest air, incarnated by either the howling arctic winds of Scandinavia or the gentle summer breeze of the Mediterranean. The etymology of Scandinavia is yet to be decided, but since "Mediterranean" means the center of the world, then Pino Silvestre represents this term way better than any other male fragrance would ever do. Emitting its green waves from Italy, the very heart of the Mediterranean, Pino Silvestre is global, epic and staggering.

Thinking that calling it the best male scent ever made would be sort of an overstatement, I'll just say that having a place in the ten best male fragrances ever would be no overstatement at all. I have never ever confused it with any other fragrance and I believe it's so classic that it's classicality itself. Something like the olfactory equivalent of Jules Verne and Alexander Pushkin, since it's wildly adventurous and plain equitable altogether. Or something like being simultaneously complacent and not complacent or romantic and not romantic, if you like. How many fragrances would not be laughed at by making such claims, even if they are around for six decades?
And speaking of straightforward merits, who said that a fragrance has to cost a fortune to be stunning? Where I live you can have 750ml of Brut, 300ml of Tabac and 350ml of Agua Brava for 100€. Or a whole bucketful of shiny green pine cones named Pino Silvestre.

Although it was launched some 20 years later, I believe it was Europe's answer to the other iconic men's fragrance coming from the western shore. Pino Silvestre's archenemy could be no other than the most popular masculine fragrance ever made till then. In other words, Old Spice. But since they belonged to two entirely different genres, instead of a legendary battle we were left with yet another olfactory masterpiece instead.
I've heard its bottle being called tacky many times, but if I had to call it something too, then "honest" would be the word. What you see is what you get, simple as that. You buy a fragrance in a green pine cone, right? What would you expect yourself to smell like other than a pine forest?
Its biggest advantage however is its aptidude of reassuring you that everything is going to be just fine. That even if the whole world has come to your doorstep, brandishing pitchforks and torches while demanding your ostracism from their modernity land, there's still a sheltering forest to hide and prepare your retaliation. Pine cones can be surely used as a last resort weapon after all, especially when unopened. Just like the ones after which Pino Silvestre's iconic bottle was made.

I don't believe there's more than a handful of European men over forty who have never used Pino Silvestre at some point. And many of them are still proudly using it, no matter how hard fragrance evolution tries to lure them away. I believe it has a very certain association with olfactory childhood memories, and many of us are extremely stubborn when it comes to parting from them. And while most of us live in cities, surrounded by a passel of artificial smells, some of us still have a soothing pine forest forever rooted in the very centre of our hearts' geography. And what is a scent without a heartbeat throbbing it?...

LuxNocturna
LuxNocturna

I have to admit I was quite sad to read so many negative reviews about this perfume. It is one of my absolute favorite scents in the world. It brings back so many happy childhood memories of my dad and uncle. It's just so wonderful and fresh and masculine.
I haven't seen it anywhere for years and then suddenly it pops up at the local cosmetics shop around Christmas and I was absolutely delighted to see it again.

Yes, it might have a connection to some cleaning products, but, as far as I can remember, this perfume is way older than any of them. In fact, I was even happy to find those products because they reminded me of Pino Silvestre. :)
Maybe I'm somewhat biased, being a Mediterranean woman who grew up on an island surrounded by pine trees, but I guess perfumes are all about subjective experience anyway.

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

This has the misfortune of sharing an ingredient with many cleaning products, pine, so at first this comes across strongly as something kitchen related. Without that association this would seem fresh and vital. Once the pine dies down, it becomes more of a traditional cologne, sweetly woody, very masculine, with a subtle allure.
The bottle is gorgeous.

Andrew Goring
Andrew Goring

When I receive a fragrance I'm not sure about, I usually feel the need to persevere for a bit. My original thoughts on first sniffing PSO were
oh no
gym changing rooms
Lynx/Axe overdose
maybe cleaning products
cheap
But I persevered and came to eventually quite enjoy the refreshing nature of this old classic, especially the herbal accord that comes on pretty soon after the zingy juniper/bergamot opening.
Clearly this is a seminal and influential fragrance but it's interesting to note how scent styles eventually scale down from perfume to...magic tree. I wonder if Ambroxan will ever appear on bleach bottles? Lizzie Ostrom talks a little more about this in her excellent essay on PSO in her recent book A Century of Scents. Anyway, PSO is remarkably fresh-smelling for a 1955 creation and feels good to wear on cold, crisp days and I'm looking forward to trying it out again in summer. Cool bottle and great value too. Worth a go folks!

fsulka
fsulka

I just received this today. My thoughts: Clove gum that then yields to pine needles. This is a pleasant smelling fragrance. I think it is particularly nice and appropriate for the winter months. Not at all displeased that I bought this as a blind buy.

Forget Freeman
Forget Freeman

I don't get why some people think this is for old men or turn their nose up at it, to me it's a great refreshing scent.

I particularly like putting it on sometimes when I get in after a long days work (office work and stuffy heat)after cleaning up and changing a couple sprays of this helps me feel refreshed and relaxed.

It is definitely "old school" but that is it's charm IMHO. It's not as overpowering as some of the older fragrances due to the freshness vibe it has going on.

It should be noted, that, price wise, this has a great cost to use ratio, I was able to buy the aftershave and shower gel along with the EDT for the same price a 50ml bottle from the likes of Boss or CK would have cost me, and I'm glad I passed up whatever their latest "sport" or "night" blah blah released this season is for a complete set of this great fragrance.

Two thumbs up from me:)

I've been familiar with this one for years, my dad never owned it or anything (at least I don't think he did?) but I distinctly remember sampling it on a market stall when I was about 12 and not really liking it.

Well I think my tastes have changed because I don't think Pino has a great deal. To say it smells of pine doesn't really do it justice as a composition. It has that fresh juniper and pine in the opening which also has green notes of basil and mint. The main thing I get though is a tough, spiced, anise note which has to be coming from carnation.
The drydown is a pine/cedar/mossy affair. I like Pino Silvestre a lot because it is unashamedly a gents fragrance and it's quite sour...maybe that's not the right word? It's pleasant ...but just a bit 'off'
You can't argue it's poor on any front... price, performance, or development of notes. I have a bottle now and I'm more than happy to wear it.

jovejove
jovejove

So my father used to use this when we were in Europe and when we moved to Canada, he couldn't find it anywhere. Four years ago I bought a 100ml bottle online for him and gave it to him for Christmas. He was so happy he cried, one; because I remembered over the years through him always complaining over not being able to find it (eventually giving up on his search in the mid 90's when I was a kid), two; because it's always been his signature scent, which brings back memories for him. He ran out about a year and a half ago, but I didn't replenish it for him.

He's old school when it comes to his toiletries; he also uses a shaving brush to lather the shaving cream on his face, which is part of his morning rituals. So long story short, his shaving brush broke about a year ago and I finally found one to replace it last night and I bought it for him. When I got home, I told him I had a surprise for him, hiding the brush in my hands. While his face lit up, he asked me, "what is it? Did you get me Pino Silvestre?", I kinda felt sad for a moment it wasn't his cherished fragrance. When I showed him the brush, he got super happy and hugged me for a couple minutes. So today I went online and bought him a 300ml bottle of Pino for $20. Can't wait for that to get delivered and see his face light up again. It's simple things in life, no matter how inexpensive, that bring joy to people. This scent showed me how powerful scent can be and how it connects with a persons identity. I can't imagine losing my signature scent for 30 years and then all of a sudden being reconnected with it, then running out of it again, like it was a foggy dream to have something for a moment and it being taken away from you again. I'm so excited for him, I can't wait! :D

Spiritus
Spiritus

When i was a little my father used to have a large bottle of Pino S(by Vidal).I clearly remember the bottle,all green and somehow mysterious,standing still on shelf,inviting.But,unfortunately,for some reason,all members of my family,including my dad,had a terrible headache from it.It was so strong smell and overpowering for us.So,the perfume was standing on his shelf and no one dare to touch it.And if someone did,it was immediately emerged chaos :"Who touch it?!Oooo,it smelled the whole house,now i'll had a headache!".Of course,no one ever spend it.I think that somewhere there is still that same bottle lying around...
#But if someone is looking for the smell of genuine pines,than this is the right ting for him. :)
***
But at the same time,father of my (then) best friend and neighbor had another perfume(or cologne,i'm not sure what it was...)which i really liked it.And we often steal it and put it on.I clearly remember that it smelled strongly like black pepper and i was thrilled to that smell.I still search that cologne...
Sadly i can't remember which one is that(it was somewhere around '80s)..If anybody had an idea,please fell free to sand PM to me.I would really appreciate all help that i can get.Cheers!

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

…………..a walk through a mediterranean pine forest on a warm summer day while carrying some herbs and spices in your backpack for a romantic dinner. Imagine the sun's rays enhancing the natural aroma of the trees, soil and air………….beautiful, manly and capable of bringing past memories to the present………….

Tom Petitgrain
Tom Petitgrain

Very nice for such a bargain of a fragrance. I use this to freshen myself up and to feel clean when I'm in a hurry or dashing out the door early in the morning for weekend errands. Yes, pine, cedar, and lots of green things...fresh, fresh, fresh...cheap, cheap, cheap.

alexiou
alexiou

This is perhaps the very first perfume i have tested when i was a child. Pino was a staple in my mothers wardrobe(yes i know it sounds weird!).Pino with out doubt marketed for men BUT(from my point of view) women who wear mens perfumes can also try this one.

Pino is extremely loud and long lasting but above all is original.After so many years in the production still holds and will stay for sure for the next years.

Ahebbdch
Ahebbdch

Old mans scent for geezers who somehow forgot that they aren't supposed to smell better than you.

Baron Corvo
Baron Corvo

Pino Silvestre is an intriguing fragrance in many ways. Sixty years has elapsed since its introduction and a lot of taste and style changes have taken place in the perfume world.

You have to be patient with a fragrance. This business of going into a shop, spraying something on a strip of paper and only sniffing the top notes is misleading and puts people off things that take time to develop. This goes for Pino Silvestre. Ebonlang, somewhere below,remarked that the initial aroma blast was strong peppercorns; this is what I get. The listed topnotes are relatively indistinguishable apart from a pale lemon.

Sometimes you have to wonder whether some people write reviews based upon actually smelling a scent, or from memory repetition, because Pino is nothing like a pine tree avalanche. The slightly astringent peppery, herby smell broadens out eventually to include the lavender and bergamot in a very balanced way. I think what emerges first from the middle is the clary sage and then some pine. Another reviewer noted that the aromas are reminiscent of cypress trees in the warmth; I get this too. The cedar comes through quite early on and adds to the woody development.

There's no denying that Pino Silvestre does have a tinge of the medicinal about it, but it subsides in waves and is replaced by rich cederwood and clove spice, which give it a slightly oriental flavour. The moss and musk add the earthiness to this potent mix and as it matures and dries down it becomes rather a genteel fragrance. Quite 'old school' and refined, but with an unusual edge.

I can quite imagine that some people will dislike Pino Silvestre and that some will adore it. It's a real Marmite job.

The sillage is moderately strong and it lasts quite well with a few good sprays - though too many sprays will make the opening a bit brutal. The atomiser is not the best.

Thumbs up for this one, for being a bit different. It;s for people who are willing to be patient, not those who want everything 'yesterday already'.

Úrbez larres.lardies

I have reconsidered my opinion about this fragrance. It is more versatile than it looks and smells more pine than they initially may seem . No smells of pine needles squeezed , but rather the pine forest with grass and bushes and pine cut . Its sillage and longevity are great considering the price. It has higher quality and is more natural than most expensive fragrances . Very long longevity.

ecscentrix
ecscentrix

@ Sam ldh

One of your best reviews! I totally agree with what you've said .And reviewers like you, is what makes Fragrantica such an interesting website!
Thank you all members, for great writing on perfums!
And Sam, keep it up!

sam ldh

"Old-man smell "?? Come on friends!

I really don't agree to any reviews about any scent whatsoever, as being a "DATED"- smell. Why?
Simply because I have changed and broadened my outlook, after seriously observing the fact that some things in our society are so well made, so useful, universally appealing, indispensable parts of our lives, and thus, these things are immune to the effects of Time /Age.

Do we call a Coke bottle, a pair of Levi's,M&M s,Kellogs' box etc. Dated??
Certainly not! The reasons I've mentioned above apply to all the great Classical Scents like Aramis,Quorum,Jovan Musk, Open, Kouros, Pino Silvestre etc..
These are timeless creations like a pair of "Basic Blue Jeans", and they simply TRANCEND all barriers and boundaries of Aging.

Friends, don't let our preconceived notion and outlook keep us from enjoying these epitomes and masterpieces of masculine perfumery.

Gud luck,
Happy Sniffing!

Sam Singer

IMPORTANT :
(Additional update after your overwhelming response to my reviews!
When you put your heart in something, either singing or perfume reviews you WILL CONNECT OTHERS ' HEARTS....Thank You all fragranticans, my unseen yet loved friends! "

Úrbez larres.lardies

Odor style very old school . Do not expect to find this perfume clear pine scent rather get a smell of Mediterranean forest at sunset a hot and humid day. Very reminiscent of Mediterranean herbs (almost like a spaghetti seasoning )
Duration and strong sillage .
A hard smell to use if you are under 50 years. I think it's a smell for use outdoors , in rural settings or trekking .
It's a funny smell that has nothing to do with any current fragrance . It is true that reminds Agua Brava, but without the touch of laurel and sweeter , less spicy .
It can be used if you are young ( under 40 ) , but occasionally in the outdoors .
My overall rating is 7/10 .

sam ldh

Pine-Sol? ARE YOU KIDDING?
This is one of the most Natural smelling scents, with a very pleasant smell that remains close to the skin, but pretty noticeable, too. Almost Christmas-sy vibes which please me warming my heart, and a smile on my lips!
One of the best drugstore perfume out there, friends.
Very similar to Antonio Puig Agua Brava, only less pungent and more woody.

Happy Sniffing!

Sam Singer

APULIAN
APULIAN

tried once. too pine for me. good for old men. sillage is heavy, u can smell it from a long distance.

vote: 5/10

orestes
orestes

If you like this scent,buy at your local store the new limited edition pino silvestre PINE GEMS ESSENCE.The company said that this fragrance contains original elements from 1950 fragrance.I tried & YES is exactly the same as 1979 fragrance i tried when i was younger.Unfortunately are limited edition! So,make a favour to yourself! If you find it,buy it!

KIZILBAY
KIZILBAY

Brüt ile birlikte 80 li yıllarda Türk erkeklerinin popüler parfümlerinden di PİNO. Bence halen çok güzel. Basit, güçlü ve keyif verici. Geçtiğimiz günlerde Ankara Karum Alışveriş merkezinde karşıma çıktı ve aldım. Sayısız parfümü olan ben, bu eski arkadaş ile karşılaşınca çocuklar gibi sevindim. Formundan birşey kaybetmemiş. Sert biraz kaba ama halen çok iyi.
PİNO için ,içinde şu var, önce şunu kokluyorsunuz, sonra şu geliyor vb. şeyler söylemek anlamsız. Çünkü o böylesi konuların önemsiz olduğu bir dönemden geliyor.
80 li yıllarda olduğu gibi halen fiyatı uygun ve halen performansı ile göz dolduruyor. Kalıcılık ve koku dağılımı güçlü. Olmasa 80 li yıllarda ayakta kalamazdı. O yıllarda kullandığım ile yenisi arasında bir fark varmı bilmiyorum ama genel olarak koku aynı. PINO yu modern ofis erkekleri kullanıyor mu bilmem ama denemelerini öneriyorum. Yeşil kozalak şeklindeki klasik şişesi ile diğer parfüm şişelerinin arasında antika gibi durabilir ama performansta onlara papuç bırakmaz.

cornekopia
cornekopia

What a great purchase. So affordable, because it's an older scent (really, a classic), but it doesn't have that deep muskiness of some of my other old school fragrances like Ungaro or Halston or Pierre Cardin. This is light and fresh, it can be wintry or really any season. Sure, there's a tiny bit of Pine-Sol here, but isn't that a great smell, too? While there is good sillage there's almost no longevity, so feel free to douse it and enjoy it while it lasts. To me the scent is fun, refreshing, a mood changer on a down day.

viewdemonde

Even though I'm female, I wear this.....lovely and bracing!

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

I love wearing this in Autumn/Winter when it's cool & dry. Fun little bottle, with a very good sprayer.

This is NOT pine sol!
it's a rich sweet spicy citrusy pine, with Juniper Berry being one of the main notes. Juniper gives this oddly sweet christmasy tree vibe, but stays savory with the Geranium/Carnation florals. This is some really classic well blended stuff.
My favorite is the last dry down, very faint, but very sappy cedar, like a fresh cut planks.
This was popular in Europe i know.
I recommend layering it on top of vaseline or lotion to make it last longer.

Sillage: long distance, even though you may not notice.
Longevity: Long and slow, grows close but changes character frequently.

Ilprofumo
Ilprofumo

This is the best men's perfume ever created. Top notch when first on the market and top notch still today. Fresh with a warm lingering depth to it. I love it. It has become popular for son amen too. My grandfather wore it in the 60's so it has a warm reminiscing nostalgic attachment for me.

khaled123
khaled123

this is my favourate fragnance there is nothing like it . the smell has it all and i will be very greatful if i get guidance from where to purchase pino silvester in dubai I will be very grateful.

ShaverX
ShaverX

This was one of my first fragrances as a teen in the 90's. While other kids where wearing cool water, drakkar and drug store scents I was wearing this. My whole family lives in Italy, all my aunts uncles and cousins. So every few months we used to receive packages from the relatives and there was always a bottle of this and malizia sprays...So this stuff holds a special place in my heart. I love the scent the only problem is that in recent years it seems to have the strength of a body spray. Weak sillage and no longevity. it's a shame because it really has the scent of a winter forest in the apenines.

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

I bought this hoping I would find a pine scent much like that of Gucci Rush and I very much wanted to like it. I very much expected something much more pine/fir smelling. It has a pine-ness about it but its very medicinal. I think I would have to say that I think it smells the most like phenol that has had some citrus and its zest added with a bit of pine in the background. This is just my take on it but I would have to say that is smells most like green Chloroseptic that has been designed to be worn as an evergreen scent. I cannot recommend it but clearly many love this scent. I don't get that.

judyk
judyk

I love pine scents. Maybe it's my skin but I don't get pine here. Only strong juniper, oakmoss and basil, and I'm not enjoying it.

But 10 out of 10 for projection and longevity. It's amazing; one spritz on my arm 2 hours ago and it's still got me surrounded. I wish more of the perfumes I *like* were this robust!

re-bubble
re-bubble

Love this scent but I don't want to be a large pine cone in motion.I wish they could make a room fragrance oil version.

Mancorp
Mancorp

It took me a while to figure out what pleasant recollection Pino was dredging up. Then it hit me: the old Pears translucent brown soap, which I understand today doesn't smell like it used to. I've been wearing it every day ever since. Longevity is at least six hours but it's not a sillage monster. Just smells clean and fresh in an old-school, unpretentious sort of way. Great for summer.

didi baev
didi baev

First I used Pino Silvestre original in 1978. After all these years it is still great fragrance. Very fresh, green, very refreshing. Nice spice notes. I can sense incense as well. Moderate longevity and sillage. A must classic scent!

richdaniels
richdaniels

At the open it's a blast of absinth then it's a fresh and metallic piney smell. I soon get the accords woodsy, even rosemary-ish green flavors. I really like this, even though there is an 80's aftershave nostalgia in the middle of it. Thirty minutes later it shows it's earthy side. It's a classic old green, amber, and slightly floral frag. The sillage is not impressive, but I can still detect it 5 hours later. And when first applied to my skin it smelled of mustard(??), that said, I do enjoy the mellow green drydown.

I'd recommend it if you find a bottle on clearance.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

A cult figure no doubt with its phallic shaped flacon and the dominant retina-burning green colour. I am usually all for the cult scene and the cheap classics and I even have some fond memories of this in relation to my late father. Still, I remain ambivalent about it. It comes very close to being the bone structure of a fougere, which should appeal to me, but I am finding it hard to cope with the in your face attitude which seems to come straight from the 80s. I think it would benefit from a face lift, something to make the evolution on skin smoother and gentler.

LimeSoda
LimeSoda

One of my favourites. It is underrated for sure. More earthy than it's "cousin" Pino Silvestre Sport. Moderate longevity and moderate to heavy sillage at least on my skin. The smell of pine needles is distinctive of course and the Oakmoss and Amber when it dries after 1-2 hours. Perfect fragrance, don't think because it's cheap it's nothing special. It's on the stores from 1955. Sure it's not a flashy and a superfashion perfume. But what's the point of wearing a perfume that everybody wears it?

GRAF
GRAF

Very green and too powerful for me I'm drowning in it. Generally good scent but not for me too strong and weak longevity.

guest_luna rebel
guest_luna rebel

This makes a very good air freshener, and I have used a lot of it for this purpose. As far as a being a perfume, this is not something I would want to smell like. I wish this smelled like pine! Unfortunately, no pine or forest smell on me. Just artificial herbs.

Emmanouil
Emmanouil

AN ALL TIME CLASSIC FOR PINE TREE LOVERS

What to say about Pino, the history speaks itself. Even if nowadays it is not so popular as it was, especially from the new generation, Even if I am only 33 years old still it remains one of my favourites . Maybe cause my skin goes well with this group of aromatic, woody fragrances.I would suggest to try out the Ralph Lauren classic one in the green bottle and the Cabaret from Madame Gres . The only objection that I have is about the longevity that remains on the moderate level and this is a little bit disappointing for me.

[email protected]
peeck@charter.net

Wow, this is simple yet complex... I'm kinda torn on this fragrance... It is a scent that has to grow on you! After a few wears you begin to understand it. I find it to be a dirty wet Lemon Grass mixed with Juniper Berry and the mixture creates a Resin Pine scent... I find the projection to last for hours. Its not a pretty scent but the dirty grassy pine shines through. If you enjoy a pine wood scent you should like this vintage cologne. I find it to be a day scent for a grey fall day to give you a "pep me up" enjoy...

sultaria
sultaria

This is a very fresh and pleasant fragrance. That being said, I accept it for what it is but was expecting something different. I wanted a scent that represented lush green forest pine tree. To a lot of people, pine is definetely there but to my nose it is just not the beautiful freshly cut Christmas tree pine I wanted. It is more of a green spicy scent, a lot like oregano. It is indeed very nice and green but just not what I expected. On me it's a really soft scent with short longevity.

42gr
42gr

Its says something when the likes of Alfarom and Kharnak (2 reviews!) take the trouble to weigh-in on such an inexpensive scent.

First impressions, smelled like the taste of hard boiled eucalyptus lollies.Sugar and weak eucalyptus. Not a sharp clean pine.

Kharnak puts it best. The scent comes into its own on the dry down maybe 10 minutes on. Again - not quite pine but nice non the less.

After a pretty funky beginning, it then turns strangely pleasant, soft Pine, Juniper, Lemon. Like you want to spray on more. And then some.

In its own way this little number has charm.

Longevity not the best

djr0825
djr0825

This is a very affordable and wonderful scent fresh pines woodsy scent the pine note is very noticable in cold weather for me.

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

Because it's that season again, I've been trying to wear fragrances that seem "witchy" in honor of Halloween or at least seem very "autumn" to me. If Pino is witchy, it is the kind of witch that lives in the forest and has the world's coolest herb garden. She's very earthy but mysterious - doesn't go to town much because people like to talk. That's what Pino Silvestre feels like to me. A lovely blend of woods and aromatics.

Very cooling and salubrious - the same way that Yatagan feels to me. Would get someone through a really hot nasty summer.

Since this is a men's frag - I think it would work very nicely for the young man who's dressed up and going to the homecoming dance - it smells so good! I would have liked a boy to smell like this. And it's not overwhelming (boys do tend to get a little trigger happy with the colognes) so it won't send his date to the ER with an asthma attack. It's a gentle, versatile, and likable scent. I wish the longevity was a little better.

Ignitron
Ignitron

I've had a very pleasant experience with this cheapo scent. First I liked it, then decided that I don't. But one day I sprayed myself with it before meeting a few friends in a park by the river. That was a cloudy and rainy spring day (I live in a cold climate, btw), and somehow the smell of Pino silvestre, mixed with the smell of a damp forest, created an exceptional experience for my nose. Coldness of lavender felt like it was part of rainy weather, and its coniferous vibe went extremely well with the smell of a wet forest bed. It felt like nature had completed what a perfumer had started, to create a perfect fragrance.That's when I understood that fragrance classification for season and time of day exists for a reason.

First impression, however, was quite different: imagine opening an old grandpa's wardrobe, where he kept his cologne, and that will be the smell of Pino. Sawdust mixed with lavender should smell something like that. Certainly has an old school, classic vibe.

Again, this is the perfect fragrance for a gloomy autumn or spring weather.

Sillage and longevity are quite weak.

In Vogue
In Vogue

Cult fragrance worn by men and women. Smells like pine.

halalula1234
halalula1234

Love love love love love!! this fragrance! very good quality with great longevity and silage for its very affordable price..

I layer this with "Versace Eau Fraiche" for an amazing signature summer scent which literally is the only fragrance that I've seen to get compliments on...Anyone is recommend to try this and layer it the way I do, you end up getting a very unique fresh scent that lasts for around 8 hours.

Also a great night time scent for cooler nights due to its potency.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Pine forest? Not exactly. The opening was more like oregano and hot dog. Good grief. (OK, maybe the hot dog was me.) It later toned down to something a little more presentable, but I never got any pine. In the end it stayed on the shelf.

marwa.qoura
marwa.qoura

It's a classic , it smells good BUT I simply hate it on any man ...BTW , I am not hard to please when it comes to a man's fragrance & I adore manly classics like Brut , Old Spice , Darakkar Noir ...etc but if those perfumes were for the loud hero(Brut),quiet hero (Old Spice ),hero with a plan (Drakkar Noir ) this one is for the villain !! ..and not in a sexy way ..just a clean villain ..Sorry to disappoint all fans but that's a woman's opinion ...The bottle looks nice , the juice smells nice but I don't want to smell it on a man.. or a woman ...

feelhot
feelhot

I love, love, always will love this fresh, strong pine forest smell. I would love to have everything of this, bath, shower gel and more EDT, more AS-nothing now:(
It is most fresh forest ever in fragrances and nothing is similar to this. Once you try you will love it, these who doesn't like it had no nose or like something terrible, I am afraid.
It should be more popular and at every store!

pronose
pronose

the great italian classic of the 60's ! a timeless woody scent and so unique! i love pino

DrewVonTeese
DrewVonTeese

At first I was drawn to this fragrance's unique, campy packaging and low price. But the scent is one of my favorites. Very fresh and clean yet earthy. The initial burst of very strong juniper may be off putting for some but the middle note of pine is great.

sometimes I use it even if I'm a woman , it's so fresh and relaxing

sometimes I use it even if I'm a woman , it's so fresh and relaxing

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I just had to try something like that, in a pine cone bottle. Like most of the reviewers here, I found it rather nice. A sharp herbal opening... my wife likes the base notes.

I can still smell it on the sniffer strip 30 hours later.

That bottle is amazing. A pine cone. Hahaha! And I have to confess I like the whole presentation and box art - green is my favorite color and this is GREEN.

---------

Bought it. This stuff is GREAT! I can see why it's been popular since 1955. And I only paid $20 for 4 ounces! I was going to make it my Christmas season scent - but it's not that type of piney. As others have noticed, it more of a pine-herbal. A delicious scent.

Londonchick
Londonchick

I can be a fragrance snob who prefers niche perfumery but no kidding this is a wonderful scent.
I wouldn't dream of giving it to anyone because of the tacky and extremely dated packaging, but really, it's great. Compares very well with much more expensive aftershaves. This one is very "foresty -fresh" cedar pine and moss.
Very underrated , boys- if you haven't had a sniff don't be put off by the dated name and branding, this may well become your " signature". you could do much worse than this.
Big evocative "like"

shamus1
shamus1

Wonderful, wonderful classic herbal pine scent that never goes out of style. Don't expect the resinous scent of pine needles with this, though. No, what Pino Silvestre delivers is an airy, green herbal scent that smells like a warm breeze blowing through a pine tree forest. How can you not love that?

Dry herbal scents and pine fragrances are among my favorite styles, so this is heaven for me! Fans of stuff like Acqua di Selva, Escencia Loewe or Agua Brava are sure to dig this frag.

MY RATING: 10/10

randy.devost1
randy.devost1

I think it has a similar odor to the classic Pears soap.

ijoezel
ijoezel

i don't know how pine trees smell but this for me is nature in a bottle..it gives cooling, fresh, clean, green, breezy feeling that just makes you think of trees..to me it's a minty woody berry scent..strong at the first 5-10mins but completely settles down for about 1-3hrs then disappears =( and projects very close to the skin, maybe 2to5inches..

it makes me think of hiking here in the Philippines with a beautiful view of nature. mountains full of green all over, trees, grass and with the sun just giving you energy and a great perspective in life..yes i know a lot use this for the winter but it does have that spring sunny feeling..that and because winter here isn't that cold =)

not versatile in my opinion though..it's mostly usable on those settings, hiking or other nature related places and winter, because yes i have tried it at 3am and that's about how cold the temperature here can get..

masterroshi
masterroshi

i bought it for my father ...it is totally father's odour.

What more can be said? The original likely had some nice oakmoss, but I'm not going to worry about that possibility. Why? Because I sprayed some on fabric a couple of weeks ago and the next day there was this wonderful powdery green scent with a woody "backbone." Before that, I thought the base notes were rather generic, and perhaps they are, but unless it was combined with the residue of some other fragrance on the fabric, PS really was something special when applied that way. I haven't smelled that from PS when applied to skin but I've got to be more observant next time I wear it. My guess is that I need to spray more than usual to get that effect on skin. Beyond that, this is a bit raw/herbal for the fresh/aquatic/sport crowd, almost like aromatherapy relative to what most think of as a personal fragrance these days.

Kharnak

Well it's that time of year again. This is a fun little holiday scent. A rich rich classic. The top, most prevalent note is a VERY strong Juniper berry. Which is what gives that sweet berry pine. Not at all like Pine-Sol. Sweet Lemon Balm.
My favorite is the dry down, which lasts a long time, close to the skin, but smells like a rich, true Fresh-cut sappy cedar, like the lumber aisle as i describe.
It's easy to obtain, so i do recommend trying it.

Alexandre

Citrus, soft, traditional, tasty moments well to informal and to work ...

zetsubouko
zetsubouko

It smells so woody, very much pine. I love to wear it on cloudy or rainy day, which floral and fruity perfumes smelled mess. Good for cold winter days too, it is very warm and reliable.

bsmith54
bsmith54

I just don't get this scent. Many years ago I thought I did but now I find it almost repulsive. I would be careful wearing this as it could be offensive to some. One mans candy is another mans poison. This smells nothing like the great Agua Brava; no similarity whatsoever. It is however very similar to Hugo by Hugo Boss which I have (gift) but never wear nor have cared for.

krmarich
krmarich

I have a vintage bottle of this and find it somewhat of an anomaly. Its bottle suggest a pinecone as well its name-Pino. Its classical composition on the other hand is something much more complex. Indeed, I always knew it was deep as a pine forest in the Vento with all of its fragrant herbs surrounding it. Being lauched in 1955, it has stood the test of time.

I have a one oz bottle for under $10 bucks. Its well over 20 years old. Its still as alluring as ever. I have a friend who visited the Vatican and said that is what the cardinals wear. They have great taste, if that is so. It is the fragrance of grace.

Lumiere
Lumiere

I have seen this fragrance at chemists, and it's pine-cone bottle always touched me as New Year Pine tree, in winter-Northern hemisphere winter. I thought however, this must be a very potent juice, sharp, old- fashioned and so cheap for a reason-not a good reason.

After years, I have finally brought it home, the tiniest bottle. I planned to give it to a friend as a trial option, as his splash aftershaves were almost finished.

I have opened it. I have expected something that my dad would have once worn, very very green and strong pine.

I was so surprised. It is really very pleasant and subtle. I can say it is unisex. I would like to use it on something of mine-not skin, but freshly ironed shirt, bed linen, what's not.

Without even checking notes, I could imagine summer field. Herbal, with a bit of fresh flowers, it brought the wiffs of steppes wind, complete with greenness, flowers and dry hay. All is subtle.

I thought, bergamot, lavender, geran, subtle pine, a bit of moss...basil, yes. A little of citruses.

It is lovely. I don't see how it can seem dated, being so subtle. The other way round, it can pass for something niche, herbal natural, that you can easily deceive anyone who asks.

Next time, when I ride a bicycle in the fields of my hometown, I will remember smelling Pino Silvestre while being in Australia, and smile to myself...

ponxit
ponxit

good : nice smell
bad : nice for 15 minute only.. :(

missan

Not the same but similar is Puig Agua Brava.

Henrique Neiva
Henrique Neiva

What is the perfume similar, more similar to Pino Silvestre? Anyone know?
Is there any other fragrance to smell like the Pino Silvestre Original ?

Henrique Neiva - Brazil

word-doctor
word-doctor

INITIAL REVIEW: I bought this as an affordable, sure-to-please-my-wife frag. It meets both those goals. It's not subtle: topnotes are pine/juniper and herbs, and then on me it quiets down to pine/cedar and oakmoss. Just a little bit powdery on drydown; after 3 hours I have a calm, close to the skin, dry pine scent. It doesn't DO much, but it's something inexpensive to wear around the house during the day. Very masculine and very old-fashioned, but that works for me/us.

EDIT: Doesn't work for me (us). Since buying some better frags this one has been relegated to room spritzing. There really isn't much to it except for pine/juniper and my skin kills it on a summer day.
Sillage: 5/10

Labaloo
Labaloo

Truly beautiful. My affection hesitated at the beginning citrus blast, but a few seconds later the warmth of amber hummed its presence, the citrus (lemon dominant over bergamot) fell to a hushed level and the glorious, complex middle sang clearly- love the carnation! I am tempted to believe that the classic boutonnière bud is the center of the composition.

Very sexy as a daytime frag- be careful ;-) I can see why there are a significant number of people standing firm on the evening/romantic slot- the base is indeed on the heavy and sultry side with an oriental edge. Splendidly the designer succeeded in balancing the opposing elements of the head and base- this may very-well become my signature for awhile!

Maduro
Maduro

Looking for a clean, straighforward, unassuming scent? Pino Silvestre is it. While the pine forest is definitely there, I don't get a big blast of it...more "woodsy" is how I would describe it. Quickly transitioned to the base notes on my skin. Not very long lasting, but a great fragrance for unsophisticated activities.

Eboniangel36
Eboniangel36

When I first smelled this fragrance, it was a gift for my dad 6 months ago. He loved it. I bought it blind (the whole Englebert Humperdink angle) and hated it. I am very confused that everyone smelled strong pine scents, the first note that hit my nose was very stong black pepper...noone else?

sniff-sniff
sniff-sniff

Was given a bottle of this by my wife years ago. From what I remember, I was somewhat disappointed, as the scent did not last long in the hot Costa Rican summer heat. The pine scent most mention here was "derailed" by a strong, soapy note soon after application. I gave what was left away. An old bottle? Maybe not the best batch? My wife likes the scent - doesn't look too pricey, maybe I'll try a fresh bottle.

Kharnak

This is an interesting and quirky little thing. It's obvious Woodsy cozy outdoor pine, but not like Floor Cleaner, it's got a rich Lemon, but not sweet. It's actually more of an oily "Savory" Pine. It's Brightened up with a couple of tart notes of Bergamot, giving it an almost Fruity Earl Grey Tea smell.
Everything is there! Cedar, Lavender, Fir, Berries. Like a walk in the woods.
My mom was instantly taken back to her childhood with this
It's quite strong and Projects VERY well, especially in these cold Winter months in Cold air.
The Dry-Down is the BEST part.....It smooths out to a softer powdery Musky Pine, gets more sweet and powdery as time goes by.... Cedar, becomes so clear, i can see fresh cut sheets of PlyWood with red knots in it.... sweet red sap. *chuckle* Never would've thought Wood could be so enchanting. Blends very well with fabrics and sweaters you may wear, and my own body smells Harmonize really well. Feels natural, like it actually belongs on me. At least for me.
This... quirky, cute little Classic.
Price is not costly, so give it a try this Holiday :3

Henriette
Henriette

Alfarom said everything there is to say about Pino Silvestre. The bubblebath is still widely popular even though the scent is not what it used to be when I was a kid. Then it used to have a deep underwood perfume that now has left place to a synthetic pine aroma.
It's years I haven't smelled a Pino Silvestre EDT; it's still widely available in supermarkets, still cheap, still popular.
Every mature man used to wear this scent (along with AQUA VELVA - does anyone remember this?) in the '60es and I recall wanting to use it myself. Every now and then I stole a few drops of it from my grand-dad bottle (who used Pino Silvestre alternatively with Chanel's Cuir de Russie ...) and loved its refreshing tone. I can't see why two perfumes so different like Cuir de Russie and Pino Silvestre found place together, but my grandfather, a most elegant gentleman, used and loved both.
What Pino Silvestre is today, it's a different story and maybe in no place in the world it could be found next to a Chanel Cuir de Russie bottle.

jtis30
jtis30

I was hoping this would be more airy & piney like walking through a pine forest kind of smell but it's not to me. It's heavy and it has nothing to do with over applying. The pino silvestre shampoo smells like what I wish the edt was.

calyx93
calyx93

I think I may have a "too old" bottle of this - all I can smell is old, stale cooking herbs - must be the thyme. The pine is there, but it's not really in the forefront - it's eclipsed by the kitchen odor.

Don't consider this a typical review - I'm thinking I need to obtain a newer example before my mind's been made up :)

Alexandre

Cítrico, suave, tradicional, gostoso para momentos bem informais e para o trabalho...

cybergoth
cybergoth

i just got this cologne and i think its great maybe best used in fall and winter nice woodland smell is very fresh love it

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

This is a fragrance I will always associate with my dad. My mum brought it for him from her trip to Italy, some time in late 80s I guess, and he had never worn anything else since. To me it smells really woody and dark green, like a fresh Christmas tree or being in the middle of the pine forrest. However, my husband thinks it smells like a toilet/car refreshener....need I say my dad was NOT impressed???

johngreenink
johngreenink

I desperately wanted to like this cologne, since I think the bottle is amazing in a very 'vintage' way. I tested it at a perfume shop and although the strong pine scent is very sweet and genuine, I think it's a bit much for everyday wear. As another member mentioned, there is one note: Pine! I kept waiting for other notes to appear and they didn't.

Update Jul 9/2012: I just can't resist. I've become more and more interested in pine/fir scents, so I've ordered a bottle. I'm going to give it another try. I'll post the results!

If you're an italian, born somwhere between 1955 and 1975, you can't be familiar with Pino Silvestre. This composition reached an incredible popularity during those years as it was widely available almost anywhere around Italy. It was extremely easy to buy being ridicolously cheap and readily available just next to the pasta's shelves in any supermarket. It was offered in an huge range of products going from the classic EDT to the (almost) 5 gallons family format bbubble bath/shower gel via aftershave and deodorant so that almost any italian family had at least a product labelled as Pino Silvestre in their bathrooms.

My mother was a fan of the bubble-bath version and used to buy huge amounts of it. As a child, I grew up showering with Pino Silvestre for more than a decade till I reached a level of complete saturation. I can easily say that my chidhood has been marked by this composition.

Now, as an adult, I associate Pino Silvestre with two types of situations:

1) A good one: Me and my family used to go camping at the seaside during the summer, and after the whole day on the beach we all used to shower with Pino Silvestre. It was a relaxing moment, happy and lighthearted. It was vacation time.

2) A bad one: After 15-20 days of camping around italy we usually came back home and I had to start my personal countdown to go back to school. It was the end of summer, days started to shorten and showering at the evening with Pino Silvestre was the sign that another day before getting back to school was passed.

After more than 30 years I can't honestly see myself wearing Pino Silvestre but I surely understand why it's still very popular all over the world (expecially outside of italy).

ian85
ian85

I like it! A nice and old time scent: I wasn't born when it was a best seller and I use it like a "revival" one...
Only four notes (pine, pine, pine and pine), but refreshing as if you were in mountain's forest. I think it's very wearable in summer, with a sense of humour!

imoore
imoore

I wish it was more liked by guys nowadays, instead the sickeningly sweet mixes most of them use, I wish they stuck with soap and head and shoulders instead.

silentrich
silentrich

If you enjoy green fragrances you really can't go wrong with Pino. It's like walking though a forest full of pine trees and picking up on the other various greeneries around. I only wear this when playing golf and it'll forever remind me of it. Don't know if it improved my score, but I hit a lot better when I'm wearing it.

mimosabee
mimosabee

I am a woman and my father used this so my review might be biased :)

This is a true classic, a cult in the history of a true gentlemen's perfume. It's sharp and strong but gives you a piece of nature with each spray. Although the pine seems in middle notes, all I smell from this perfume is pine! A well-groomed 1950s gentlemen, intellectual and adventurous,a round-table knight by heart...

This fragrance is ageless... <3

elegantpasha
elegantpasha

This one smells great, its like having a walk in the woods in the middle of the winter night ,i looove this one

zecheiroso

Top ***
Heart *
Base **
Final score **

After the abysmal reactions to Polo and Azzaro, the SA told me beforehand it was "old men stuff". It wasn't as bad as I'd expected though.
Very bad longevity.

maiker
maiker

Pino, my first cologne, it was in 1992, y was just 9 years old, y love the bottle, so i save money for over one year and then y buy it, i culdn't sleep that hight, i was so happy, so imagen how mucho i love it, i still get half in the bottle, i buy new one, and still keep my first one,

and i still remember the first time o use it, the place i go to, OMG

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Simple, genuine pine. Is everything it advertises itself to be. Really hard to go wrong with this. It's just clean, fresh, natural-smelling, and for the money it's superb.

missan

It´s so wonderfully fresh, ok so there is a lot of pine notes, but you really can feel that everything about it is very very natural, makes one happy.
I really cannot detect any chemicals, and that is very rare.

lovescully

*Update from previous review of the Pino Silvestre Sport Cologne launched in 2008:

After having worn this for a few days, I can now detect a semi-sweet muskiness to the drydown, but it comes at least a couple of hours after the top notes.

Not really expected considering the very strong citrus opening, but very nice indeed!

lovescully

*Note - This is actually a review of the Pino Silvestre Sport Cologne launched in 2008 (it's not listed on the database). It has a yellow top rather than the traditional green one in the original version.

This is a wonderful fresh citrus & pine fragrance that immediately gives you a lift. In the initial spray I detect a strong lemon note that really stands out, but soon the pine notes come through with the lemon for a really nice zesty combination. It reminds me of the feeling of having just come out of a day spa.

From what I could find on-line, the notes are:
Top: tangerine, ginger, petitgrain
Mid: orange flowers, carnation, jasmin sambac, magnolia
Base: white amber, vetiver, tolu balsam, musk

Although there is no lemon or pine in these notes, I guess that the combination of all these above notes somehow produces what I can actually smell; a very nice lemon/pine combination!

Longevity: 4 out of 5
Sillage: 3.5 out of 5

I would recommend this fragrance for almost any occasion, except maybe a formal affair.

mrdibiagio
mrdibiagio

Notas de limon, hierbas en la cabeza, un corazon aromatico de pino, aportan verdor y frescura a las maderas, ambar y almizcle de base, otorgando una fragancia masculina, con la frescura de un bosque de coniferas, no dulce.

Sayonara
Sayonara

My dads used this always. He has passed away...so this reminds me of him and even dalmatian pine forests.

ARAMIS
ARAMIS

Just Superb! Nothing alike
Add.: A fragrant formulating store had just bring me a 20% concentrated PINO (EDP), wow it is very powerful and long lasting. I love & enjoy it!

Fred Maple-Hill
Fred Maple-Hill

Nice fresh fragrance. Inexpensive and inoffensive- a very charming scent for people with a sense of humour...

ShiseidoTactics
ShiseidoTactics

Mi primera colonia :-)

My first cologne :-)

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

At this time of year this stuff will come in handy...use it to spray your Christmas tree! And voila! Instant pine-ey smell!

guest_fruizix
guest_fruizix

Pure and natural - this is what I love about this fragrance (and I'm a female). It smells spicy and herby on me and is good to wear on a rancid summer's day. A lot better than most of the fake generic smelling female fragrances out there and I certainly wouldn't hesitate wearing this over Chanel or Nina Ricci.

kokolokor5
kokolokor5

hello.because i can't find this perfume,is there any other fragrance to smell like the Pino Silvestre Original ?

bubbah
bubbah

Excellent freshness,reminiscent of walking thru the park on a crisp winter's day!!

instantjim
instantjim

This is a lovely clean fragrance, very old-fashioned. The pine and spice notes are very dominant. It has only reasonable silage and lasting qualities - I would have preferred if it was a little stronger. My 18 Year old daughter liked this very much and so I gave it to her.

coolvoodoo
coolvoodoo

I really like this cologne! Smells fresh, yet full of intrigue. The only problem is it only seems to last a couple of hours on me. Not sure if I just get used to it or it's really short-lived. Anyway, I am so glad I took a chance and bought this cologne. I used this website to study the colognes I like and then used that knowledge to find a new cologne that I thought I would like. And I do!

viewdemonde

I love this. It reminds me of walking with my parents in Ripponlea, Melbourne, in the 1960's, on a summer's evening going for ice-cream. There were some cyprus trees growing as a hedge along the front of a house and the warm air released a fragrance from those trees. Something in this scent takes me right back to that time and place.

Cassiano
Cassiano

It is a traditional scent of excellent lasting, for men with classic style.
It has a fragrance of strenght notes. It is not indicated for those who like new features and sweet perfumes.

azuriiita
azuriiita

wOw!!!!!!!! My dad used this some times like a sort of aftershave... when I was a child :)
I don't know if its the same smell of that antique bottle of him... However, I remember this one its very aromatic, strong -almost gaudy- but fresh at the same time. Very green, smell of resins, carnation... and for some reason Im remember a hint of leather too... maybe i was confused by the cedar.
Definitively not for girls i guess...

ajoy
ajoy

it's nice.I wear it like a base note and put some other fruit note on it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Pino Silvestre Pino Silvestre Original fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Pino Silvestre Pino Silvestre Original, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pino Silvestre Original by Pino Silvestre. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pino Silvestre Original by Pino Silvestre represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.