Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

London Playboy for men
dislike

cinnamon
London Playboy for men Pictures

Playboy’s fragrance collection for men, dedicated to the world capitals, expands with the new edition London. London is a city of rebellious music and fashion, as well as the sophistication and class. London fragrance is dedicated to an English gentleman and a charmer with the image of a "bad guy. Signature notes for this fragrance are English roses and Pisco brandy.

Top notes: mandarin, galbanum and pink grapefruit. Heart: rose, cinnamon and Toscanol molecule (substitute for basil, tarragon ...). Base: cedar, tonka and Pisco brandy.

The fragrance is available as 50 ml EDP, 100 ml After Shave and 120 ml Body Spray.

London was launched in 2011.

Galbanum Grapefruit Mandarin Orange

Cinnamon Anise Green Notes Saffron Myrtle Opoponax

Tonka Bean Cognac Virginia Cedar

Diesel Fuel For Life Cologne for Men
Fuel for Life Homme

London Fragrance Reviews

mista majestic
mista majestic

Bought this on a whim for a fiver. Lasts a long time with good sillage but doesnt smell great at all. Kinda like the beginning of Burberry London but just stays smelling of cherry instead of developing into anything decent.

Ive got a pretty good nose, but cant for the life of me pick up many of the notes that others seem to get. Maybe I have a dodgy bottle. Maybe its just a bit crap!

mnementh
mnementh

Weaker copy of Diesel Fuel for life.

Almost no projection and fairly short longevity.

For a quick and cheap splash on, it's OK but it's no chick magnet.

bazil14
bazil14

whenever i come across one of these cheapies i tend to pick them up just for the hell of trying it i found this today in my local morrisons for £4 so thought what the hell i wasnt prepared for what was going to hit my nose in the slightest this is well made strong and smells exactly like fuel for life with excellent projection and lasting power and at four pounds for 100ml is more than good value for money but as much as it makes me smile finding little gems like this at ridiculously cheap prices it pees me off too that something this cheap can smell so good compared to the higher end designer fragrances that fall flat after a few hours so take note if you come across this its well worth picking up overall 8/10

Spanglemaker
Spanglemaker

On my skin this drys down to a lovely smoky, boozy, cedar with just hint of sweetness. Wears very close to the skin for me. Worth checking out.

RichiLew
RichiLew

Guys if you want better projection 8hrs! Try layering it with the body spray. I use this as a work scent a lot and it lasts throughout my work day. Although New York is my favorite from the line this runs a close second. Having also Fuel for Life I don't get the comparison. Diesel is way more fruity.

kaysee
kaysee

It does smell like Diesel fuel for life, but only lasts about 30 minutes on my skin.
Just got one for 5pounds so not complaining.

tna11
tna11

I would say diesel fuel for life is better choice cause of more long lasting smell and good heavy Sillage that stay for longer people can smell you with diesel one and this one is bad quality don't waste your money on this buy diesel fuel for life you be thanked

josueanibal
josueanibal

" Unique "
London by Playboy is one of a kind. Surprisingly it does wonders to the nose. Not Many people would expect to believe that this juice has the potential to truly be effective. The opening of the scent hits the senses and pulls you right in. Who would have thought that this fragrance was going to be amazing? when i tried this fragrance for the first time thats when i knew, right there and then that this would be a keeper.I was definitely intrigued by the pisco brandy note. Give this one a try guys.

raiyanhasin
raiyanhasin

Had very low expectation from this...but this turned out to be one of the bigger surprises for me in terms of fragrance. I had purchased Playboy London assuming this wouldn't last more than 2 hours...just something to put on for a quick outing. It lasts well over 6 hours...summer or winter - cuts through the cold in winter, amplifies with sweat in summer. Now, when I can't decide what to put on, I instinctively reach for this - even in formals.

As for the fragrance itself, it smells like you took a cognac and cedar shower. Now I've never done any forms of alcohol, let alone cognac, but I know exactly how cognac smells. That creamy nuttiness of cognac is very vivid on Playboy London right from the top...gradually getting even better with the drydown. The citrus tries to peek out at times, but is quickly overtaken by more salty cognac. Surprisingly enough, the components in this one smells very natural...which was unexpected for the price. You just can't hate it!

I've seen comparisons with Diesel Fuel for Life; to be honest this smells better than that synthetic 60$ citrus. You'd get London 100ml for an easy 13 dollars anywhere. So buy this over any 75ml - 60$ juice.

jeffthebarbarian
jeffthebarbarian

I bought Playboy London for my boyfriend because he is a fan of Playboy Vegas and Vip. I got a 3.4 oz for $10, so I thought it was a safe blind buy.
I was not disappointed. I think London smells great on him.
He liked it so much that he had me look it up on here, and when he learned that this is supposed to smell like Diesel Fuel for Life, he accompanied me on my weekly trip to Sephora to see if they had it available for testing.
He thought they smelled very similar on his skin. I, on the other hand, did not.
Diesel Fuel for Life dried down much sweeter on his skin than Playboy London. There was also this really screechy note that I HATED in Diesel that was not there in London. From the notes pyramid, I have identified the screechy smell...it was lavender. I really dislike the smell of lavender.
London dries down really warm and spicy on my boyfriend. The main notes I can smell on him is cinnamon, opponox, cedar, and a citrusy smell. It's not very sweet at all. I really like it, and the sillage is good on him.
He sprayed himself this morning at around 8 A.M., and it is now 11:19 P.M., and while the smell is close to his skin now, it is definately still going.
MMM! I could sniff him all day!

UPDATE:
Having purchansed Queen by Queen Latifah, I can definately see the simularities between these two fragrances! They have a very similar dry down!

ekat92
ekat92

Just like Diesel Fuel for life and I have Diesel Fuel for life , but less longevity 2 hours max for me.

jaystilo
jaystilo

This stuff smells like crayons! Usually I look for fragrances with good sillage and longevity but I wish this one didn't have such good sillage cause I'm not a fan at all. I literally washed my arms with bodywash and the smell still lingers. Good for those who like it I suppose. No hate. I can see how some of the younger crowd might like this one but for me I returned it to the store, even though it was only 10 bucks. Just not for me

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

Es algo dulce, pero tiene un picante que la hace sensual! No es como caramelo pero te da la animalesca sensación de que es algo apetecible, algo que puedes morder!! Honestamente, huele igual que Diesel FFL, asi que si tu pasion es coleccionar botes de perfumes comprate el Diesel, pero si no es asi te sugiero que tomes la Playboy porque son exactamente iguales!!

Bassplant
Bassplant

Holy cow, this is a close copy of Diesel Fuel For Life. From reviews I am generally skeptical until I smell for myself. But this one, it's true.

I sprayed a spray of Playboy London on my left arm and a spray of Diesel FFL on my right arm to compare them over time. Here's what I found:

The actual spray of Diesel is more uniform and separated, due to a better quality spray bottle. But they smell very, very similar in the initial few minutes. The Diesel was projecting more, but both were noticeable.

Over time, they actually keep their similarities! I was very surprised. The Diesel is a little more to my liking, and the projection and longevity was better than Playboy London - but the Playboy London was no slouch. It still projected and still smelled great, just not quite as much as Diesel.

So in conclusion, I highly recommend Playboy London if your pocketbook doesn't allow the pricey Diesel. If you can afford Diesel, it's worth the extra price - but only because of slightly better longevity and projection and the slightly nicer overall smell. But Playboy London still projects just fine and lasts a long time! And it's so incredibly cheap. The best "copy" I've probably ever experienced of any EDT.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Another colonge add to my colonge wish

bugmenot1
bugmenot1

I loved the other Playboy colognes, but for some reason this one smells bad and nauseates me (even when it dries), does that happen to anyone else with this one? It's a unique scent but I absolutely hate it for some reason, it smells like it should be on a senior citizen. Maybe I got a really old bottle? The top two notes - warm spicy and woody - made it seem like it would smell awesome. I think I got a really old one.

rohan.kurade
rohan.kurade

After months of trying unsuccessfully to lay my hands on the London Playboy EDT, i finally settled for the London Playboy Body Spray.

At the outset, i must admit that the fragrance in itself is quite unique. The notes that i can distinctly identify are the cognac and the rose. The rose is not powdery floral but has a rich texture to it. Nice.

The projection is average (that too if you spray a generous amount) for about 25-30 minutes, and then the fragrance stays close to the skin for about 2-2.5 hours.

Overall -- 3.5/5
Comparisons to Diesel Fuel for Life are natural, but one shouldn't expect London Playboy to be a replacement.
In fact at $4 per can, one shouldn't really expect much.

karthiktas

PlayBoy London is a copy of Diesel For Fuel Life, But Diesel Fuel For Life Is a masterpiece, We should not compare with Playboy London. But this stuff is really good & may be alternate for Fuel For Life, since this one is very cheap Around 13 USD. Where Diesel Fuel For Life is around 60 USD. Difference not only in the price , also in the quality. Okie This PlayBoy London plays a smooth roll. It stays 3 hours on my skin & 4 To 5 hours on my shirt. Projection is good for first 2 hours if u spray more on skin & cloths the projection stays up to 4 hours. Longevity: 3 to 4 hours. The smell can attract anyone just by passing you. I get compliments when i wear this stuff. Its worth for the price. You can try.

karthiktas

I Got Playboy London Body Spray for London, Its dam fantastic, The smell is different, so i have ordered Perfume.

karthiktas

I Have ordered Playboy London 100 ml Perfume. Since iam crazy on Diesel Fuel For Life. Let me try & post my review as soon i get it.

ashxil
ashxil

I can feel the cognac very much... the presence of rose is also charming. It's decent and for casual wear it's ok. The longevity is good fairly about 4 ++ hours if used with deodorant its more useful. Ali Ashrafe Zilan (Nose)

ECWANIMAL
ECWANIMAL

smells very similair as Diesel Fuel for Life, with a even better longevity 5-6 hours. A good winter scent and for the prize it is damn good with the same quality as Diesel which is much expensiver

desmondorama
desmondorama

I bought it on a whim because it reminded of my favourite city, London. I was quite surprised to find that this is quite an unusual fragrance for a man. I rather like it because of it's uniqueness from the distinctive wild rose.

"Capturing the vibes of the capital, London Playboy opens with an energetic and zesty burst. This evolves into a more sensual heart that marries wild English rose with the sweet-spicy notes of cinnamon and toscanol. Finally, the warm, woody base notes deliver a suave, distinguished dry down that’s reminiscent of a traditional evening down ye olde British pub. A truly masculine signature." - from the Playboy Fragrances website.

HEAD NOTES

Tonka Bean
Virginia Cedarwood

Karhu
Karhu

Absolutely a copy of Diesel Fuel for Life.

antonpan
antonpan

Another one sheer copy of Diesel Fuel for life.

London by Playboy 3.78 out of 5 based on 79 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Playboy London fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Playboy London, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify London by Playboy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of London by Playboy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.