Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Play It Pin Up Playboy for women

Play It Pin Up Playboy for women
dislike

Play It Pin Up Playboy for women Pictures Play It Pin Up Playboy for women Pictures Play It Pin Up Playboy for women Pictures Play It Pin Up Playboy for women Pictures Play It Pin Up Playboy for women Pictures

A brand new release called Play It Pin Up joins Playboy’s fragrance collection for women Play It. Inspiration for the new fragrance is found in Playboy bunnies of the 60s: sexy, glamorous and gorgeous women with curves. The new fragrance is advertised as a self-confidence and joy booster, playful, sexy and sassy.

The fragrance opens with fresh and sparkling blend of bergamot, pineapple and peach nectar. The heart includes notes of cotton candy, wild rose and star jasmine, forming a combination of flowers and sweets. Benzoin from Laos, praline, patchouli and sandalwood wrap up the composition in its base.

Playboy Play It Pin Up package is decorated with retro pin-up drawings. Every year the drawings will be changed so this new fragrance represents a potential for collectors.

It is available as 30 and 50 ml Eau de Toilette, natural body spray of 75 ml, dezedorans of 150 ml and shower gel of 250 ml. Play It Pin Up was launched in 2013.

Bergamot Pineapple Peach

Wild Rose Star Jasmine Cotton Candy

Praline Patchouli Benzoin Sandalwood

Sweet Darling

Play It Pin Up Fragrance Reviews

I just bought it today, because it was so amazingly cheap and the scent is quite nice.
It's sweet, youthful scent full of cotton candy, patchouli and some fruits.
If the sillage isn't very good, it wouldn't be a problem to use it more, cheap as it is.
(Edit): As is turned out, the sillage and longevity are very good, so this perfume is actually quite underrated.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I am actually quite pleased with my whole collection of Playboy. Don't like the name but... their scents are often underrated in my honest opinion, simply because of the tag. But I find my little 30ml bottles adorable, all lined up on my bureau :p. After the Spicy, the Sexy , the V.I.P, the Lovely we have this cutie! And she has a face.. she does look mighty sweet and loveable. Shall be on the hunt for that candy baby!

LisaMari
LisaMari

I love this, it's so warm and sexy.. Very sweet but the patchouli balances that out and there is a creaminess to it as well - maybe that's the peach? I normally hate fruity or warm spicy fragrance - but this is actually quite fresh in a musky just had a steamy bath way..

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

I don´t like the Playboy fragrances but when I´ve tested this one I was quite pleased. Sweet, a little bit spicy maybe sharp but in a nice way. Only 5 Euros - really not too much for this scent. But: One buttle is enough for me. It´s not that kind of perfume you want always in your collection. For that it´s too forgettable.

lizzyshreds

Does anyone have this, and they don't want it? I can't find this anywhere.

Jest
Jest

I just seen this at K-mart tonight. I got a cucumber note from this.

lizzyshreds

Where can you get this? I haven't been able to find it in the USA.

samanthalovesndubz
samanthalovesndubz

Play It Pin Up By Playboy Is A Very Nice Perfume. The Playboy Bottles Are So Cute! On This One I Love The Neon Pink Bow Tie And I Love How Sweet It Smells.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Sugary sweet perfume.

Opens up sweet, sweet and sweet. Patchouli can be detected, but it is not overpowering (I'm thinking of TM's Angel). In fact the patchouli isn't offensive at all, and that's coming from someone who dislikes patchouli notes. The chocolate in this is a translucent 70% sugar 30% cocoa type of chocolate. Sometimes, I catch a whiff of greenness to it but that dissipates quickly.

Overall, it is pretty nice although a tad generic. Nevertheless, I'm happy that this is more sugary than cloying in terms of the sweetness so I'd reach for it often in this sweltering heat.

Longevity: 3-5 hours.
Sillage: soft.

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

Wow this is one SWEET perfume, literally
I do like this scent.. it has a young smell to it though
I could see young girls from 13 to 16 wearing this no problem
I had this on my want list for a while until I actually tried it out I like it.. But I don't love it, I really wanna go after perfume that I will not get bored of in a week
The perfume notes are kinda hard to identify on there own all I can smell is really fruity-tropical smelling cotton candy
Candy lovers would love this

6.5/10 Smell
6/10 for the bottle(The ears on top look a little awkward)

rusian88
rusian88

This perfume has been released in my place, Malaysia, just last week. I had a chance to test it in the promotion studio in the shopping mall during the weekend.

Overall, this perfume looks like candy-sweet type of perfume since it has sugary sweetness top, but if you think it is so, you're WRONG. In my opinion, this is not a sweet gourmand, but sweet florale with strong hint of patchouli (I totally agree with perfumemad62's comment).

It's sweet, but not a childish way. I found that it is playful scent to wear, but since it is soft enough, I can see me wearing it as daily office fragrance too. However, you have to be extra careful for controlling the spritz amount since the top note's sweetness lasts quite long. But from the middle note, the patchouli takes a lead and it becomes matured scent that could be appealing towards young adults.

Don't simply judge this perfume with a sweet top notes. You really need to let it stay on your skin to verify whether the juice is really mathcing with your body chemistry or not (For me, it was ok but on my friend, it was not really good. I think for those who tend to get sweat easily, they do NOT have a good match with sweet opening scents).

I think this perfume is quite well-balanced in terms of using right amount of patchouli. I don't like a patchouli in the perfume personally, but in this perfume, patchouli takes a big role to play - if patchouli was not included in the perfume, I think it would be a cheap drugstore perfume that a teenager would like to wear. However, with a patchouli, it successfully pulled out the depth of the perfume and the level of sweetness and bitterness (from the patchouli) is just at the right balance.

The sillage and lasting power wise, you can't really expect a lot for it. However, due to its sweetness, I think this one has the strongest lasting power among the whole collection launched under Playboy so far.

This time, I can't say it's inoffensive fragrance, since candy-sweet top note and patchouli are materials that varies a lot depends on individual's body chemistry or perceptions. Unlikely from the last collections, this one is a bit risky to give a try but I enjoyed the juice very much.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I tried this today and I do like it. I personally do not think this is gourmand at all. It is a sweet patchouli scent with a hint of wood & fruit. This isn't edible smelling or overly sweet. It lasted about 2 hours on my skin and has soft sillage.

Overall, this is a nice perfume however it is not gourmand. A good, inexpensive purchase for fans of sweet, fruity patchouli scents. The bottle is cute :)

Szonja
Szonja

There is a big perfume discount in the local drugstore so I went on to try some new arrivals. There were a lot of bottles left of Playboy Pin Up and I begin to understand why. Knowing the average Coty sillage I sprayed wisely at least 3 times to be sure, but I could hardly smell anything. All I got for the first 10-15 minutes is some acetone-like traces which later turned to smell like vinegar. It was weak but somehow pungent. After these 'notes' were mostly gone, it turned out to be a bit like Kylie's Sweet Darling. Again a reuse of a discontinued line. Actually I liked Sweet Darling, but Playboy Pin Up is more diluted. Update: I bought the deo spray version for low price and I like that product a lot. I don't mind overusing it and the sillage is somehow more satisfying than in the perfumed deo version, maybe due to the aerosol package.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

This will be about shower gel. It seems like perfume itself has not yet been released in Holland. I was looking all over but i could only find shower gel and deo from this line.
It opens indeed very sweet and quite yummy but very soon patchouli takes over and it creates something strange. I'm huge patchouli fan but this is different combination. It smells like green, patchouli based SALTY cookies. But on the other side it still stays sweet. I sound a bit confusing but this stuff is weird. Nice though. I'm still willing to try actual perfume because very often notes in shower gels appear to be slightly artificial. It goes to my wish list now. I'm looking forward to sniff it and give it a chance.

I got my small bottle finally. I would say it presents very good example of using patchouli in cheap perfume (11euro/30ml). But but but... Sillage on me doesn't exist, lasting power is very poor and it reminds me too much of Aquolina. It's not too sweet or salty like shower gel seems to me. It's just pleasant.

twilirawrrr
twilirawrrr

I just bought this perfume right this moment. so yummy.

kikicardin
kikicardin

Looks like a yummy scent, but I already have too much sweets like perfume, the next I'm gonna buy is i fancy you by jessica simpson, meow by katy perry and maybe island fantasy by britney spears (if this one smell good :), loved the circus and midnight fantasy and the original)

paganpurge
paganpurge

I am anxiously awaiting the release of this perfume! The rest of the playboy line smells fantastic so I have pretty high hopes for this one as well. Sounds interesting!

lisamiarose
lisamiarose

omg i don´t like sweet scents but this one sounds interesting and the bottle design and the cartoons are so pretty! I´ll give it a try :)
Playboy rock,spicy,lovely and sexy came to portugal so i hope this one come too!

astamm62
astamm62

Doesn't make sense that it was launched in 2013..We are still in 2012.

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

sounds so yummy, but why the patchouli? :( totally will ruin it.

nightcat23
nightcat23

From the notes, this looks yummy. I can't wait to test it. However I just hope the patchouli isn't too overwhelming because I hate strong patchouli scents.

Play It Pin Up by Playboy 3.87 out of 5 based on 50 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Playboy Play It Pin Up fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Playboy Play It Pin Up, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Play It Pin Up by Playboy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Play It Pin Up by Playboy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.