Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Play It Rock Playboy for women

Play It Rock Playboy for women
dislike

Play It Rock Playboy for women Videos
Play It Rock Playboy for women Pictures Play It Rock Playboy for women Pictures Play It Rock Playboy for women Pictures

After Playboy trilogy for women Playboy Play which includes Play it Lovely, Play It Sexy and Play It Spicy, new fragrances introduce a dose of audacity and excitement.

Exciting and feminine Playboy Play It Rock puts an exotic floral bouquet combined with sweet and spicy notes in the first plan. Opening notes feature red orange mixed with candied apple complemented with temperamental spicy saffron aromas. A heart includes passionflower, orange blossom and frangipani, while a base adds ebony, patchouli and tonka beans.

The new flacon follows concept of antecedents and popular Playboy ears. Body of the flacon is created of glass while its stopper is shaped like bunny ears and decorated with a red bow tie. The outer carton features a red bunny made of silver scales that look great on red background. The fragrance can be purchased as 30 and 50 ml EDT, accompanied by 75 ml deodorant and 150 ml body fragrance.

Advertising campaign depicts this sexy and exciting composition that tempts you and seduces. It includes photos and TV ad. Playboy Play It Rock and perfumed accompanying products will be available on the wider market from August 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Guillaume Flavigny.

Blood Orange Saffron Candy Apple

African Orange flower Frangipani Passion Flower

Ebony Wood Patchouli Vanilla Leather

Hypnose Eau Legere
New Yorker for Her

Play It Rock Fragrance Reviews

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I just tried this perfume... $10 shipped on ebay for the 2.5 ounce new. It's very sweet and fruity but for me-- it quickly became a fruity patchouli bomb and lasted quite long. I'm not a fan of patchouli and it often ruins scents for me. :( I like it in Katy Perry's Killer Queen, but that is about it. (Fans of this Play it Rock would like Killer Queen I think.) I will still get some use out of it, maybe try in the winter? For $10 you really can't go wrong.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Playboy’s Play It Rock can be purchased inexpensively online or in discount stores. I bought mine for $9.00 recently and for the amount spent, I didn’t waste my money. This is a happy purchase.
My first impression on initial spraying was that Play It Rock was a very citrusy, fruity blend that would be perfect for a daytime scent in the warm weather. It seemed that this would be a very uplifting, wake-me-up fragrance ideal for hot, humid days that I don’t particularly enjoy when I’m extremely slow to move.
The passion-flower exudes sweetness, the rich juiciness of the blood orange, the crispness of the candy apple-these three components combined burst together in the opening to literally provide you with an in-your-face wake up call. So I was prepared to dismiss this as just a fruity-citrus concoction, when suddenly I smelled what I at first thought was a cherry pipe tobacco, but soon turned into more of a leathery wood. What? For under ten bucks? Leather, wood, citrus and fruit?
Play It Rock soon settled into a cool, inviting darker woods mellowed by a delicious dark vanilla that lasted for hours. The patchouli is slightly noticeable. The florals for me are not strong enough to be counted.
This perfume is strong enough to be noticed by others around you. This Playboy scent is playful. It’s a chameleon. It changes its’ definition. It’s unique in that aspect. So ultimately, you’re getting more for your money. The bottle is topped with red bunny ears and the red bow tie for the The Playboy Club, which it represents. It an old tradition, like it or not. It’s what’s in the bottle that counts. And The Playboy Club delivered on this one.
At the Playboy Fragrances site you can find more information, plus dating tips.

catherine82
catherine82

Identical to hypnose, but slightly longer lasting.

LisaMari
LisaMari

This smells almost exactly like play it pin up, only fresher and slightly less sweet.. It's nice but not very "rock" to me

ohrite
ohrite

this one smells REALLY good. don't know if I would have the courage to reveal the name of this perfume if someone asked haha, but it's actually one of my favourites, at least at the moment. :)

lalmia04
lalmia04

It just blew me away for 4-5 minutes. Nice and addictive smell. Bought it for a female friend then. I think its appropriate for young female. BTW: Male here.

FionaNewZealand
FionaNewZealand

I bought a few Playboy fragrances thanks to the Fragrantica reviews. Play It Rock is so delicious and sweet. I get a strong hint of passionfruit in the opening and then the vanilla comes through. I layered it with BBW vanilla triple-moisturising body cream to really amp up the vanilla. I love wearing cheapie perfumes for myself, and love finding new bargains. I'm so glad quite a few say it is like Lancome Hypnose Legere, as if someone asks I can vaguely say 'oh I think it's a Lancome one, in a tall purple bottle' rather than give away my guilty secret. Call me shallow!

iowagirl301
iowagirl301

Wow I absolutely love this stuff, it smells very similar to Lancome Hyynose which is my signature. If you are into vanilla at all then you have to try this. Amazing scent, & it can be picked up super cheap.

jledgren
jledgren

I have to say, I really don't like this perfume. I've tried it many times, but it just doesn't sit right on my skin and makes me really self conscious after a while.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I'm pretty sure this is the one I sampled recently, except no one has mentioned Tresor, which is what I smelled.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I was really surprised by this scent! I saw the 1 oz spray and 8 oz body splash for $8.00! I find it to be sweet at first. Then it settles a bit and turns spicy. The drydown for me is very powdery. I still really love it out of all the other ones I smelled. Very different!

dani78
dani78

It's very interesting scent - starts like Hypnose and ends like Hypnotic Poison. I'm very pleased as I like both the originals.

lilou
lilou

As other Playboy fragrances, Play it Rock is a good surprise. It´s a lovely oriental perfume, very fruity, it smells like a sweety fruit cocktail.
The price is very low and the lasting power is excellent.

mirisfrik

I must write a second review for this bunny. well, i finally bought it and i must say i'm thrilled with it. It stays whole day, smells so gentle and romantic.Not overwhelming,not syntethic, but, sure, there and excellent. My bunch of exensive freagrences is on hold at the moment, while i'm enjoying a love romance with this one.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Good gosh Almighty! I am shocked by how much I really like this scent. This bottle and another Playboy scent were part of a lot of fragrances I bought on EBay and I was just about to throw them away when I decided I should give myself a little spritz before I do, "just in case". Wow! I am happpy I did! It is that little bit of sweet and spicy that I am always looking for in the Victorias Secret fragrances with the cool names, but never get. It manages to be sweet and sexy, just like the Playboy brand.

I was one of the few lucky people who actually got to go to the Playboy Club in it's heyday in the mid 70s. I was a dancer and my troupe performed there when I was about 7 years old. I still remember the drop-dead gorgeous bunnies in the satin bunny suits and the mirrored walls and dance floor. I felt like a "woman" when my Dad let me order a Shirley Temple!! It was everything you would imagine a high class club would be. It was the first time I had ever seen a night club, and it's what I've compared every other nightclub in my life to. I remember telling my Dad that I wanted to work there when I was old enough because I really thought the bunny outfits were gorgeous and I wanted to be as beautiful as the bunnies when I grew up!! Haha what a funny memory, but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw the cheap horrible bottles.

Usually, the Playboy brand means "quality" to me. I could not imagine what marketing idiot decided to make it a cheap drugstore scent with a tacky plastic cap! Not to mention that there is NO WAY I am going to put this bottle anywhere near my vanity right next to my classic fragrance bottles!!! Can you imagine??? Guerlain, Chanel, Amouage, and ahem Playboy in the plastic red tacky cap???? Also, there is NO WAY that I will ever tell people that I am wearing "Playboy" when they ask. It seems like I am telling people I'm a slut who likes to pose naked for strangers, when really, I just like the perfume.

I *might* have liked it better if the bottle was more substantial looking and there was a simple cap with simple classy "Playboy" lettering, but the big stupid ears and plastic cap just ruin it for me. I'm glad the perfume smells amazing, and I will probably decant it and change the name to protect the innocent :)

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

What a surprising delight Play It Rock is! The first couple of wearings I wasn't overly impressed because it appeared to be a typical heavy, flat vanilla. I chilled the bottle and after of few days of wearing and giving the perfume time to "breathe" the blood orange in the opening is very, very good. The leather note gives the fragrance a bounce and interest that keeps Play It Rock from becoming another faceless vanilla. Sillage is very good and it lasts forever. Skin smells great. Really pleased!

samanthalovesndubz
samanthalovesndubz

Play It Rock By Playboy Is My Favourite Perfume In The Playboy Range. I Love The Sweetness Of It, It Lasts Fairly Long And I Think The Bottles Cute.

hannie5
hannie5

I tried this a few months ago and wasn't sure what I thought about it. So after trying it again and really giving myself a good spritz this time, I let it settle on my skin and I am pleasantly surprised!!! It does smell like a much less expensive version of Hypnose. What's strange is that as much as I tried liking Hypnose, it just didn't work on my skin. That one smelled too much like licorice and I cannot stand licorice. But Play It Rock to me is a warmer version of Hypnose. I can smell more of the fruits like the Candy Apple and Blood Orange, and then when it finally settles in the Vanilla arrives. And I can smell this scent 8 hours later on my skin - pretty good for a drugstore bargain! It ends up smelling powdery and sweet. This is one of the best Playboy scents out there and I do own most of them!

Lakambini
Lakambini

This is an inexpensive tribute to Lancome Hypnose, with a gimmicky name for camouflage. Fresh flower petals in uber-sweet vanilla sauce plus a cute red-and-pink color scheme. For little girls like me. :P

SexySpice
SexySpice

This came out in 2011? I didn't see it til now passing through Sears.

It smells cheap, but I LIKE it. Like, if you just passed through the other perfume counters in the other mall stores, then come to this, you KNOW this is at least $50 bucks cheaper than the others... but I LIKE it. I didn't really get a rocker vibe from it either... but... but I LIKE it. I don't know why, but there's something very likable to this scent, despite the misleading name and the overall cheapness to the scent. So I say give it a try, I too might end up getting this at some point.

mandy.may
mandy.may

smells cheap and I got nauseated and felt I might puke after spraying this on me in the store...

Inesis
Inesis

Play It Rock is very lovely for it's price! It's definitely oriental. The scent itself is linear, strong vanilla and something spicy underneath. I really, really like this. Could easily be a designer frag, if only it had better lasting power. On me it's like three to four hours, which is sad. Sillage is medium, not too strong but enough for others to smell this on me. Don't mind the Playboy brand, give it a try!

Quaylou
Quaylou

I saw a 1 oz. bottle on sale for $4.49 at Walgreens, and honestly the Playboy name turned me off from picking it up. I read reviews on here before I decided to go buy it. My husband didn't like it and I was prepared to return it, but today I gave it a full day try and I kind of like it. Citrusy and peppery at first, them powdery and candy apple. I kept getting wafts of it at work and it smelled very feminine and pleasant. It is a pretty safe fragrance for everyday wear. I don't care what my husband thinks, he only likes food scented fragrances like cotton candy (Pink Chiffon Bath and Body) every thing else I own he says smells like old lady perfume.

Kookkik Ulm
Kookkik Ulm

I was so interested in this perfume because I liked the name
"Play it rock" So I bought it and tried it. When I wear this perfume I don't feel like rock or something like that but I feel so lively so fresh and above all I feel so young hahaha :). So far I am not dissappointed with this perfume. It's good but still not yet my signature.

avongirlsatx
avongirlsatx

To me this reminds me of Healing Garden Zzz Therapy body mist & Healing Garden Jasmine body mist combined. idk but thats what popped in my head when I put it on.

Shimone

I just had to review Play It Rock again......this fragrance smells so freakin' awesome and garners so many compliements! I got this two days after Christmas, and this morning I emptied the bottle!!! Im anxiously awaiting my new bottle any day now. Play It Rock in IMO is a scent that's at least worth a try....

Update 8/4/13
I've gone through bottles of Play It Rock and I also have a stash! This fragrance gets more compliments then any other fragrance I've worn this year,especially from men! My sweetie is crazy about it....I pray its never discontinued❤

vattenmelon
vattenmelon

dont blind buy this one..i did and i almost feel sick when i sprayed it. its very spicy and..weird. i think a little unisex scent.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I smelled it the other day at Sears-it does resemble Hypnose except Hypnose has a distinctive fruit note but my nose didn't detect that in Playboy scent. I think its nice if you like gormands and don't want to spend big bucks on designer frags.

Shimone

I saw this tonight in a gift set @ Rite Aid for $7. I remembered the reviewers here @ Fragrantica compared this fragrance to Hypnose Eau Legere and I totally agree ! I'm so in ❤ with Play It Rock right now,it's a really pleasant inexpensive scent! The sales associate went and grabbed the last gift set after I let her smell it, she had no idea that it smelled so good!

rusian88
rusian88

I bought this perfume for my friend's birthday gift last month. To be honest, there's nothing unique or outstanding in terms of scent, but surprisingly, it doesn't smell like general-cheapy-drugstore fragrance.

I have to admit the fact that I was one of those sceptical person who was stereotyping the product due to its brand name. However, after testing all the playboy fragrances, I gotta say they do have a good projection on their perfume collections and each new collections, they are getting better in terms of its balance for the juice inside the bottle.

It's inoffensive, universally-acceptable type of perfume since it's one of those general fruity-florale fragrances. However, compared to the previous 'Play it' collection, this one has more hint of vanilla with fresh florale vibe. There's a fruity notes when you spray at the first time, but it goes off within a minute. Instead, white florale scents show off until the end of the scent's trail.

If you're a type of perfume lover who doesn't like strong scent (like myself), then this could be a safe buy as a daily perfume. Like dozens of other drugstore fragrances, it doesn't have a good lasting power, but while it lasts, the sillage is not bad.

And as it has been discussed by many other reviewers, I also don't understand the name of the perfume. This is very light and feminine perfume like a little pink chiffon dress, rather than a leather jacket and gothic smokey make-up looks which could describe the image of 'Rock'.

But apart from the bad naming, well done, Playboy. Keep it up!

russiankiss
russiankiss

I love it, honestly. It reminds me a bit of Circus Fantasy by Britney Spears xo

isabel.b.muradas
isabel.b.muradas

Spicy and citrus, you cant stop feeling the orange all day long. Soft and nice.

rosembloom
rosembloom

Just got it yesterday and I must admit I am already hooked. Yes, it does resemble Hypnose but actually lasts longer on me. I spray it in my hair (down to my lower back) and the scent wafts beautifully around me. A lovely fruity and zesty opening greets you with mouthwatering orange and candied apple. The spices round it up nicely so it does not turn into a generic fruity floral. I cannot detect the saffron but it does have an exotic edge to it. Heady passionflower lmeets blossoms and woody patch that dries down to creamy tonka. A keeper! I have the whole collection and this one might be one of my faves. Ears up!!!
Tried it on today and I truly believe this gourmand will go in my love collection :S.. I am quite stunned!

vicka16
vicka16

Lovely fruity floral scent. This one is my favorite from all "Play it ..." fragrances. But why did they call it Play it rock?! A name such as Play is soft, or Play it delicat, would suit more this scent.

The staying power is very poor, about two hours, but while it last the sillage is good.

hanalilly
hanalilly

Lovers of lancome hypnose should try this one... i was actually complimented on this by the SA at lancome counter, she thought it was hypnose! Lol

Aspendina
Aspendina

patchouli ruins scents this is just awful I have both this and Rihanna's Rebelle on me and they smell similar but neithr is good.

mirisfrik

I agree with scud1230. It's really soft fragrance with good staying power (for that price). The title doesn't suit it at all

scud1230
scud1230

just bought this one and i am really pleased with it. Its a soft fruity scent that last for a while. The price was really good too. I dont think the title play it rock is right for the scent though

addybubble
addybubble

when i put this on, it reminds me of cheap cherries. and i love that!

MsJitka
MsJitka

Very subtle, ordinary, sweet, no rock at all.

moonwalker
moonwalker

This one opens with strong citrus note which then a fades little bit and you get the impression of some joicy fruit - cannot quite figure which. I was sniffing my wrist with my nose put right to it and the smell was too intense, notes were sharp and not put well together... so I gave up and went to wander on the internet... but suddenly I starte realizing this gently sweet scent - vanilly, tonka bean and some spices waffling towards my nose and I surprisingly realized that the source of this more than pleasant scent was my wrist. I can see myself wearing this scent. I can see myself buying this scent... and then I came here and notice Lancome Hypnose on the left and then it hit me - it is almost identical with it but MUCH cheaper. Of course, it is not that well blended as its big Lancome sister - but hey - for that price?

L'eaulita
L'eaulita

Massive sillage but expected staying power for a drugstore fragrance- a dupe to Lancome's Hypnose with a bit of juicy, fruity, sugary sweet red apple in the top notes. After 30 mins you've definitely got yourself a dead ringer for Hypnose, unmistakable licorice & passionflower combo. Tacky, ugly bottle lid, dull red plastic with no shine like the ad.

This is very light and almost not there, maybe a bit floral but also very alcoholic. It's too subtle for the title "Play it rock" and also very drugstore like.

Play It Rock by Playboy 3.88 out of 5 based on 166 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Playboy Play It Rock fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Playboy Play It Rock, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Play It Rock by Playboy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Play It Rock by Playboy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.