Designers » N-Q » Woody Spicy « Groups

Playboy New York Playboy for men

Playboy New York Playboy for men
dislike

Playboy launches a new fragrance, named New York, thus enlarging the collection of fragrances which includes Ibiza, Hollywood, Malibu, Miami and, Vegas editions.

New York is a new fragrance from the house of Playboy, which represents and embodies everyday life of the metropolis with its woody and masculine notes. The composition of the fragrance is designed for confident and elegant men, who love the dynamics and life. This sensual mix of wood, fruit and spice notes makes the perfect masculine expression.

Top notes of the Playboy New York composition bring aldehydes, lime and vinyl chords. The heart introduces green apple, elemi, black pepper, followed by the base of vetiver, Tonka and vanilla.

The fragrance is available as 50 ml edt, accompanied by 100ml after shave and 150ml body spray. It will be on the market from July 2010.

Lime Aldehydes Vinyl

Elemi resin Green Apple Black Pepper

vetyver Tonka Bean Vanille

Fierce

Playboy New York Fragrance Reviews

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

This stuff smells nothing like Fierce. This stuff would actually be pretty good if it was manufactured by a better company than Cote. Cote uses cheap ingredients and is ruining many fragrances by doing so. Look at what's happened to Calvin Kleins line of frags. Ppl just love the openings of all of them but reviews always complain about longevity issues as well as projection and sillage sometimes. Guess is also a company that has sold the rights to its name in the fragrance industry to Cote. Guess has a series called Seductive for men. I love both the flankers but unfortunately the ingredients are cheap and I get so little projection and longevity. I can hardly detect most Cote frags on myself. It's really a pity because a lot of these frags have great smells.
Playboy's New York however smells like the candy Sweet Tarts off the top. The cite uses used in the fragrance are probably responsible. And in the background there is a fresh laundry scent probably due to a combination of the aldehydes and the vanilla integrating with the citruses. I just wish the ingredients were better so that I could take this frag seriously.

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

This and colors de benetton are my signatures right now. What I wear when I dont want to use up my expensive stuff. Its got a fresh laundry detergent vibe to it. And I have to say I like it,

cpnz
cpnz

Really pleasent smell. For the young or young at heart. It's a pity that this perfume sucks at the longevity department. Lasts about 3 hours on the skin. Low silage. Hardly anyone will notice you are wearing it.

One thing I found out about this is that you can s spray it on your clothes if you want to make it last a bit longer. Hadn't stained any of my shirts yet. Silage is still low.

sandun019019
sandun019019

Good smell, but very low longevitty- 3 hour maximum and very close to the skin :(

SAIUN
SAIUN

Vanilla note only lasts a minute. After that I get a berry-fruity feel in the vein of cherry or raspberry, mixed with a kind of 'musty old book' smell. Chew some red bubblegum in that corner of the library where the really old books are.

Would make a very good 'night out' fragrance for younger folk, especially since it's so cheap. The vague berry note gets a bit cloying in warmer weather.

I've only got the body spray but it gave me a good 4 hours from a moderate amount of spraying on my body and shirt. Would definitely recommend the EDT to anyone who doesn't have any fragrances and wants to get started with something cheap for dates or clubbing/parties etc.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

I really like this fragrance, it is cheap, but the smell is really pleasant. I even like it more than other expensive fragrances, and I´m not embarrased to say it, because it is really good. The smell is very sexy!!

persianeagle
persianeagle

This has a very fruity note to it. Lot like super playboy. A good cologne to wear to school, office and on. Could even be a signature if you want it. It seems to wear off quickly tho, but it can be noticed a lot.
Got around 5 compliments wearing this from girls. At first there like is that you and they had to kind of get their noses in front of me. wish it was stronger

arcade_blox
arcade_blox

Yeah... smells very synthetic, but the fragrance is quite good! It's sweet and powerful, great for young people.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

Good fragrance and pocket friendly. Nice for teens who might not buy those more expensive brands. Found this in Wal -Greens for 3 bucks!! Similar to fierce.

WolfHaleigh

I got this scent based on reviews on this site. I'm actually glad I did. It wears off after a couple hours if you're outside, and in most cases you'll get hit by the vanilla tone most. It's not at all bad, though. I liked it, and I don't think it's overpowering, but I'm using the body spray, not the edt bottle.

Legolas
Legolas

This smel's like cheap after shave..ugly bottle also,longevity is about 1h then it's gone..another garbage scent from playboy..

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

I have tested this today at pharmacist store. Its smells awesome for the good price. First spray you get alot of mixes aroma its like putting all different types of fruits in a blender and mixes all up. Its a great scent. Must have for summer. I mean hot summer time cools you off with this scent. Even though the price is cheap. You smell yourself and you feel confident smelling good. This is good replacing body spray like axe. Average longevity about 3 4 hours and after that it get close to your skin depending on your skin type. If your on a budget this is the fragrance you need. Great price and keep you smelling for certain amount of hours.

nishabu.chaliyam
nishabu.chaliyam

Hai Perfume lovers, its my first comment.

Playboy NEWYORK Best fragrant in Class.i like it

ovarall 9/10

kenney77
kenney77

Very awesome cologne for the price smells amazing on me very long lasting very strong love the smell one of the best love it

Steppero
Steppero

This is actually pretty good for the price. One of the better cheapy frags. Sweet in the begining, a nice masculine vanilla in the end, not feminine. Thumbs up from me

WolfHaleigh

Used the body spray, purchased it thanks to the reviews here. So glad I did, I can smell the vanilla presence but it's not too noticeable. I actually prefer that, because I come into contact with a lot of people at close quarters and some like fragrance and some really don't. So, I smell good and it's not bowling people over. Actually, the body spray does tend to hang more in the room where I sprayed it rather than on me, and it fades after 5-10 min, but it's fresh and generally good for what I need it for. Hope this helps somebody looking for Playboy or the body spray! :)

saint2006
saint2006

Wow! Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce is what I get. Even my friends guessed wrong. Its worth the money if your on a budget. I wore the Body spray and cologne all day. Lots on positive reactions. It can be a little over bearing within the first 15 mins, but the drydown is gorgeous.

israelgonzales
israelgonzales

For the price you cant beat this fragrance! A warm citrusy vibe. Bright but dark, warm but has a cooling effect..very pleasing to my nose. "PBNY" is my favorite of all the PB frags.

I do smell a similarity to AnF's "Fierce" but I think its spot on to Mont Blanc Legend..and that stuff is $50 for a 3.3oz ..PBNY is about $10 for a 3.4!

Its worth a try guys!

RLH3
RLH3

Cheap, yet beautiful fragrance. Im a young black male and I LOVE cologne. I look at expensive cologne all the time, and i even have a few. But when it seems like all of those tend to fail me, I can definitely rely on NEW YORK ! Beautiful spices and vanilla drydown make this a Quality cologne. Got it for $10 and its lasted me for a WHILE.

Longevity- 8 hours - 9/10
Sillage- A few feet 7/10
SMELL- 10/10

8.7 in my book !

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

A couple years ago when I was 15 and did not wear cologne I had the deodorant body spray of this.

One time when I was wearing it out at night some girls I knew were going crazy! They were literally right up against my chest sniffing me and I was getting so many compliments from how I smelt... lol that's probably when it dawned on me that smelling good was a good thing xD

But now I CANNOT STAND THIS SMELL! The EDT or the body spray, I hate both of them. I don't know why, it's just synthetic and unpleasant and I don't like it.

It's very strong stuff (talking bout the EDT now) but synthetic and that just makes it not very nice IMHO.

Try it out if you want.

Peace.

metje
metje

I know there are some people who are going to hate me for it (i whas shocked too!) but....the showergel of playboy "no sleep new york" reminds me very much of Creed Millesime Imperial.
I use MI, and the staying power is not that good.
Now i layer it with the showergel of playboy, and it really helps.
I don't know if the edt smells the same, but try the showergel, it's very cheap and it works perfect with MI!!

jeremy9213
jeremy9213

Its a good scent, and would be a safe blind-buy. Although its my favorite of the Playboy I personally didn't enjoy the synthetic and sharp scent; I don't ever wear this cologne going out, but put it on every now and again when I hop out of the shower or before I have people come over. Its unique, interesting, and especially cheap, if you have the chance at least give it a try.

Gault
Gault

I dont know how original it is because havent seen any A&F Fierce or Curve in my country, but it smells nice compared to the low price. Sharp, daring, masculine, a little bit metallic.
Beware, to fit it needs roughly the same attributes from the wearer.

This is the only Playboy scent I "like" so far and the reason is simple: although it is very unnatural, unlike the rest you can feel this is intentionally arctifical, that main plastic scent somewhat hides the lower quality of ingredients. But even if you dont like the Playboy colognes because of the alcoholic smell they have, you can always try the shower gel versions, those are a bit more comfortable.
It fits for all season, every occasion, an OK option for signature scent for those who arent using a wide variety of colognes and dont want to spend much money.

sherryshell2003
sherryshell2003

Good for car as Air freshner

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I tried this based on the reviews and honestly hated it. I returned it within an hour. The scent isn't bad, it's actually quite good on opening but the longevity and projection solidify the reason why it's $10. It smells like fierce slightly when first applied but after about 30 minutes, it dries down to this vanilla that just smells like rubber or plastic to me. If you want a cheap fierce alternative, try Factor by electric connections. I got it for $20 off of amazon and it is identical to fierce with the same projection and longevity, since it's an EDP. I am a fan of bargains, but this is just a waste of $10 that could go towards something much better.

kthsn
kthsn

Sweetness layered with some smoky/woody bits. Good cheapie for the first 3 hours.

Intial - 2x sprays on each arm. Bottle is cheap, sprayer isn't great. Smells artificial.

10 min in - sweet with hints of the black pepper coming out, definitely see the Fierce comparisons. Actually got a random compliment as I walked around Walmart. Far too much lime.

1-3 hours - very good tonka bean/apple with a hint of the pepper, really adds the sexy complexion that other vanilla based frags lack (like Pi). I can totally see younger females loving this scent. Doesn't project that well unless you overspray in the beginning.

5+ - scent is only close to the skin, pepper fades completely leaving only a apple/creamy dry down. I wish I could reapply at this point. Very safe for work environments, nothing pops. 8 hours in and I still catch a wiff of it here and there but it's far too close to the skin for it to be noticeable.

Good price. Great scent at 30 min - 3 hours. Great if you can store this in your locker and reapply. Drydown is boring (boss bottled clone). This would be great for rotating with a signature frag during fall/spring as I plan to do. Scent is linear but in the 30-3 hour mark has a great interplay between the sweetness of vanilla and the black pepper. This is a perfect pickup as a backup scent (gym, running to the store).

Scent - 8/10 (only applies if compliments from younger females is your goal)
Sillage - 5/10
Longevity - 6/10 - the best part doesn't last, but the base lingers on

Final word -Very good for highschoolers - 18ish. Great if Fierce isn't popular in your area. You will need to OVERSPRAY in the beginning for it to last.

storm.suhoney
storm.suhoney

so much hate from snobs on here because it's not a $100 cologne...yes it's cheap but i think it smells awesome and very unique, (i dont own one other cologne that comes close smell wise)...i have gotten a lot of "hey you smell good" from this and it lasts a long time on me...seriously for the price try it for yourself

james4sk8
james4sk8

in alll honesty this cologne is bad! as in garbage it seriously does not last long at all. and ive never got a compliment wearing this one . definetly wont turn heads!.
but just from the price and the brand you shuld know this cologne is going to lack major quality i mean playboy cologne? really?
save your 15$ and put it towards a more quality cologne.

nishantvpatel
nishantvpatel

Commonman's Review:
Initial: Smelt horrible initially
Middle (15 mins): after sometime the smell is better but not exactly my taste... i think its a little too soapy and artificial...not subtle. After about another 30 mins, the smell becomes milder and settles down to a pleasent mix of flowers and wood and a few other stuff which is complicated. I think i like the smell once it settles down.
Dry out: It finally leaves behind a light musky smell
Overall: Though the initial tones are not so good, it settles down to quite a pleasent smell. Though it is not of my type.
Usage: Could recommend it for daily office use - unoffensive and mild once it settles

j-shades
j-shades

Just got this today at Ross 3.4oz for $9.99... This smells so much like Abercrombie Fierce but add a little hint of vanilla.. I have playboy malibu and it does not stay on my skin long but this one shockingly stays on my skin and clothes for hours.. everyones skin is different though.. lol!! hope this helps

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Nothing special bout this colonge it's ok colonge wouldn't buy again

florindeca
florindeca

good smell, but very low longevitty- 2 hour maximum and very close to the skin

bobo1
bobo1

Orris is not listed, but I definitely smell iris in this one. One time I was considering buying it for myself despite it's marketed as a men fragrance(I really like the top notes). But in the bottom it smells to me like sebum and unwashed body - that changed my mind.

payno_1
payno_1

I bought this as a (much) cheaper alternative to A&F Fierce. It only cost me £8.00 on eBay, for a 100ml bottle! The bottle looks cheap, and the sprayer is below average, in fact it's pretty poor to be honest. As far as the scent itself is concerned, I was actually pleasantly surprised, okay it's nothing miraculous or deep, but it does smell like a mix between Fierce and Curve, as some people have already mentioned! Lasting power, for the price, is acceptable, I get about 4 hours each wearing. Very close to the skin after half an hour so don't expect it to project like a beast!
Can be used for casual wearing/around the house. Possibly used 'between the sheets' as it's not very strong but will be smelt up close, and will most probably be appreciated by the opposite sex as it is a nice smell!
Overall:
Scent: 7
Projection: 5
Longevity: 6

pob75
pob75

A typical vanilla/tonka/sweet-ish/powdery scent of which there are plenty but this costs a lot less than most and is not bad.

Initially smells quite synthetic/cheap with some non-descript citrus but is nicer after it settles. Becomes gently masculine, quite sweet but not too sweet, slightly woody and a little powdery. Smells generally fruity but I can't really smell any specific fruits. Doesn't feel very woody at all and I wouldn't describe it as spicy.

Projects meaningfully for around 4 hours, after which it has little projection. Lasts as a skin scent for 9 or 10 hours. (All based on 2 sprays).

I probably prefer the smell of this to Ferrari Black (I'm not suggesting they are similar - just both cheap vanilla scents) and this is cheaper as well. If I see this at a low price I might buy it again.

A good value inoffensive, pleasant smelling, quite young, sweet-ish, everyday sort of fragrance that punches above its price.

Aegis
Aegis

Vibe: Fierce and Curve having sex.

A good cologne for the price, reminds me of Fierce and Curve mixed. (compliment getter guaranteed) this the king of the sub 20$, smells much more expensive.

Opens citric then fades into apple plus vanilla and tonka sweet. Quite nice.

scent 8
price - quality 10
Durability 4-6 hours
Projection Above Average.

BiGToNy9654
BiGToNy9654

this stuff stays on me for SOOO long. holy crap. I put it on just to test it again at like 10am. and its 6:50pm and i can still smell it. I keep getting nice wiffs of it here n there so its not bad on projection when its 100% dried down. its only one spray so if you used like 4 it will be really good.

ejcblondie
ejcblondie

My Man has this, I bought it for him! i love it on him, reminds me of Fierce from Abercrombie & Fitch and WAAAAAAAY less expensive!

ZTLaidlaw
ZTLaidlaw

After taking the test on their site and discovering this was the one for me, I wanted to love this so bad. I must say I'm only somewhat pleased with the scent. The staying power is nice, especially for the price. Maybe if I give it some more time, the scent will grow on me. It was still a decent buy!

DuckTape
DuckTape

Nice casual cologne

ajacks96
ajacks96

This smells so good i love it. :)

guest_Shelvine
guest_Shelvine

the best it smells really good and definately is a pleaser

gr3g
gr3g

really nothing special
maybe not bad but definetly not good
try to competit with adidas and on the same price range

ersin
ersin

It smells really nice and it lasts more about 6 hours on me... For that price, its a absolutely must have..You can use it for everyday "casual"..

Es riecht wirklich sehr angenehm und der Haltbarkeit für den Preis, find ich eigentlich ganz ok..

Playboy New York by Playboy 3.83 out of 5 based on 188 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Playboy Playboy New York fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Playboy Playboy New York, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Playboy New York by Playboy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Playboy New York by Playboy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.