Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Press To Play Hollywood Playboy for men

Press To Play Hollywood Playboy for men
dislike

Press To Play Hollywood Playboy for men Pictures Press To Play Hollywood Playboy for men Pictures

"Some people are born lucky..." is the motto of the new Playboy concept and Press to Play collection which counts four fragrances named Hollywood, Malibu, Miami and Vegas. The fragrances embody style and dynamics of life in four big cities. Each of the compositions shows style and nature of different men, but what is in common to them is erotic allusion which tingles women's imagination.

Playboy Hollywood is an oriental-woody fragrance which is ideal for the world of celebrities. It opens with citrusy sparks of mandarin and bergamot, along with aromatic nuances of thyme and elemi. A heart is composed of calming lavender with jasmine, rosewood and cedar, which create a masculine floral union of elegance and subtleness. A base encompasses vetiver, musk, amber, vanilla and sandalwood, leaving a comfortable, warm and erotic finish.

The flacons have dark bodies and Playboy logo, rabbit. Each perfume has different colour of its fluid. The flacons are cylindrical and they arrive as 50 and100ml EDT. Press To Play Hollywood was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Vincent Kuczinski.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Thyme Elemi resin Brazilian Rosewood

Lavender Jasmine Virginia Cedar

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood Amber Vanilla

Style

Press To Play Hollywood Fragrance Reviews

haderpderp
haderpderp

This is a gorgeous scent. However, note that I may be biased because I have a lot of positive memories associated with this scent.

I get vanilla and woods - but it's not sweet at all. Longevity and silage are average.

If I had to describe this scent in one word, it would be "comforting". It's soft and soothing and gentle. It's really beautiful.

Definitely not a summer scent. Might be too light for winter if you live somewhere cold. Perfect spring and fall scent. Fall especially.

It's not complex at all - it's very linear, but there's nothing wrong with that.

It can be compared to Armani Code. But this is more basic, while Code is more complex (although I don't think being basic is a bad thing). Whereas Code is deeper and rounder, this is lighter and more transparent. Code smells like Playboy Hollywood Intense. This also lacks the lemon top note in Code which I didn't like that much.

This gets a 4.5/10 for me.

newbee3114
newbee3114

Received this cologne today for the price of $8.99 with free shipping. First i didnt like the take off smell after the cool down it became powdery which i do not like. It does remind me of Armani code for only about 30 seconds then it becomes really powdery. I wouldnt recomend you buying if you are getting it for the reason of that it smells like Armani Code. Payboy Hollywood its a fragrance on it own. I just tried a test but i will be trying it on a night out to see how the summer night reflects on my skin. I give it a 5.5 out of 10, after a night use i will update my post and leave some feedback.

WolfHaleigh
WolfHaleigh

I sprayed a bit on my arm and I went about my day and it is not overpowering (I am using the body spray though, NOT the cologne). I ended up buying it for the hell of it and I could use a quick spraydown between work and class. In my opinion this scent is reminiscent of Axe Dark Temptation because I get a smooth sweet chocolatey smell (but that's me spraying a bit of my arm and sniffing that spot; this is me test driving it)and almost vanilla like New York (NY and Malibu are my top two). I like it because you can get a citrus in the background but it's not spearing your nose with a sharp scent. I don't have a certain time or occasion for this scent but I intend to use it for when I need an extra scent jump in the middle of the day.

headofstate
headofstate

There's nothing like a Playboy fragrance to bring out the inner-elitist snob in a lot of people, so be cautious here when reading reviews below. You're going to get a lot of them that simply have no intention on being objective and giving a cheapie that makes no qualms about it like Playboy Hollywood a fair chance.
If they did, you would see far more luke-warm reviews on this as it's rather decent if not great for a Playboy fragrance and outclasses all of them except VIP by some distance as a scent, though performance is rather weak.
Let's just be clear about what this is. It's a winter oriental for casual day use and a clubbing scent for high school kids at night. This is not meant to be sophisticated or organic, at its price point that is a luxury it simply can't afford to bother with. Yes, the top is very obnoxious the first couple of minutes, but Hollywood quickly calms down into a nice balance of citrus, lavender, powdery floral and resin on top that is very aromatic and warming on the skin. Projection is soft, never overpowering so the synthetics don't really scream on the wearer's skin like on Vegas, Miami or New York. Instead you get a sweet, slightly powdery, slightly spicy aromatic oriental with floral and citrus that bring it to a higher pitched octave. The woods are barely noticeable, allowing the vanilla and lavender to dominate the dry-down. Longevity is very underwhelming at 2-3 hours tops. This can be had for $5 after Christmas in many popular discount department stores, this is one of the better bargains for teens but like karnak mentioned, you will need to bring the bottle with you on anything more than a coffee date.

coreynellos
coreynellos

Friend got me this as a gag gift. That should tell you that this is pure crap. It does have one use. My friend was smoking around me so I used the horrible smell of this "cologne" because there is only one smell worse than this and that's smoke. I ended up throwing it away. It was that bad. Playboy makes magazines. Not fragrances.

Legolas
Legolas

I don't now wy Playboy makes fragrances..they are "copy paste" with poor longevity and without projection... 0/10...

BorisRubio
BorisRubio

Una versión joven del Armani Code. No digo que sea igual, pero es como lo que tiene que usar como rito de iniciación el hombre Code. Hollywood de Playboy es mucho mas fresca que Code.
Huele a estrella de rock, perfecto para los jovenes, como ya dije este perfume es la versión juvenil del Armani Code.

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

Opens up with complete rubbing alcohol. It then smells like the "Smells like... Armani Code" cologne you can get from Walgreens. Like baby powder and baby wipes. I didn't like it. :/

mrbeautiful
mrbeautiful

this is my first and most favorite perfume..

Chacka
Chacka

This cologne smells AWESOME.
in my opinion, it's the best one in the playboy collection.
Great price too but sadly you get what you paid for :(
It only lasts for like an hour... unless you spray a lot haha.

Great smelling cologne, longevity is alright as long as you give it that boost.

mika.kindt
mika.kindt

It smells cheap and not good in my opinion.

Jiddi22
Jiddi22

No gud :(

nemesis76
nemesis76

I asked myself why not give this a try? Coty is the parent company and it just sends me synthetic chills down my spine when I hear that name. But it was almost free so I gave in to the bunny logo and prayed that I would become Hugh Hefner...surrounded by nude girls! It did not happen but to my surprise this little synthetic bunny held its ground and smelled good. Strange but true!

The first sprays are a fresh mix of lemon and wood. Its very soft and like several previous reviews have already pointed out, it will not last too long and it does end up smelling like baby powder. But that's OK because this will make the women think of baby's and after a few drinks they will think about the birds and the bees if you catch my drift. Its a simple cologne at its core yet pleasant enough to wear.

It may be synthetic but for a low price I would recommend it if you are not too picky. Remember you get what you payed for in these crazy times but this might be worth it.

7 out of 10

remmyon
remmyon

Smell really good and soft, but not lasting so long, and not strong enough, but pretty good wear it.. :)

Tonage
Tonage

Cheap and smell alright
use just for everyday use/for Uni not for special occasions
7.5/10

KeithScar
KeithScar

Hollywood by Playboy is a cheap yet good fragrance with a soft vanilla feel to it, great buy for me and what i like

jimhartranft
jimhartranft

This is a very good cologne. The opening is a bit synthetic and I smell a bit of mint in it, but the opening is very much just alcohol. The longevity could be better and the projeciton is bery poor, but it is a great summer frag!

The Jumbo Sausage
The Jumbo Sausage

This is a very pleasant scent, somewhat similar to Armani Code, but suffers from poor longevity and projection. You'll need to spray this one liberally, and even then it's a struggle for others to pick it up after a few minutes, unless they're standing right next to you.
I also own Playboy London, and whilst I like both scents equally, I much prefer London's sillage and more effective longevity.

As DominicMC already pointed out, this is almost identical to the deodrant and both can be had very cheap. It opens with nice, soft citrus notes (which lack sharpness) and soon becomes a skin scent, which on my skin is mainly just vanilla.

This would be a great fragrance if it wasn't for the poor lasting power and sillage.

karthiktas
karthiktas

It Smells good, Its for young men. It goes for denium wear, I like it. It stays for 2 hrs on my cloths. it recommended for casual wear and also for formal.

Kharnak

Update: so i got a sample of Armani Code, side by side comparison, and yes, these two are extremely similar. same Lemony soft sweetness. The ONLY real difference is that Armani Code lasts longer, and has this sweet "spicy cherry" dry down, which some compared to Dr.Pepper soda. Well yes, that's what Dr.Pepper is. While Playboy stays with the soft, consistent, Balmy lemon DryDown. But hey, this Playboy is still one of my favorites, and i like to use it liberally, it does generate random compliments. Sexy for all ages i'd say.
Armani Code has Tons of Tonka Bean & is actually far more similar to Antonio Banderas Seduction in Black. But Banderas has a nicer blackberry/currant dryDown that i actually like the best of all.

DominicMC
DominicMC

very nice casual scent, smell the deo first and if you like it, buy the EDT at you're local shop/supermarket for cheap! 9/10

iboudesign
iboudesign

This one is the favorite of my fiance. He wear this one more than three others. Smell sweet and soft. Love it too!

evantskates
evantskates

A Very fresh and clean scent. It is fairly simple and smells very "powdery" to me. Although I do like the way this one smells on me, it does not last as long as I would like. A Great choice for any casual/sporty/work situation. Though I would stick to a more masculine scent for date nights and special occasions. This cologne is virtually unisex in my opinion along with other Playboy mens colognes like Miami. Pretty good though, I would rate it a 7 out of 10.

BiGToNy9654
BiGToNy9654

I have no problem with the lasting power for this. If you like Armani Code then you will like this. its VERY similar.

andy

I had the honor of trying it and its a pretty decent fresh scent but it's lasting power is not very long so I would really not reccomend this one

jonny8998
jonny8998

I tried anything from playboy first time and it is Hollywood by Playboy. I smelled it yesterday at a friend's place and went to buy one with out any waste of time. I felt the fragrance very very woody and irresistible. But what I feel is that no doubt the smell is very good but it did not last much as still I am in office and it has faded away. But any how this is a good buy keeping in view the price and the feeling u get in the morning but sad thing the feeling fades away very soon.

SexySpice

I swear this is so unisex, no matter if your male of female, this will give you a sexual aurora. And for the price, it's definitely worth it for everyone to try out.

jazz444
jazz444

A slightly crude, but utlimately enjoyable cousin to Emporio Armani Remix for Men.

It can't seem to get out of its own way in the first 10 minutes I wear it--a muddle of top notes combine for a slightly funky quality (could be the jasmine...)--but it settles down and actually accelerates quite quickly to the excellent quintet of base notes on my skin. It stays warm and projects quietly for about 6-7 hours.

Definitely worth a try, and a definite treat to your wallet.

Kharnak

I.. Love.. this... It's my new instant Favorite.. immediately when i opened the package, it struck my Just like Armani Code(like nocebo below says). Very similar to my sought after YSL "La Nuit", This is a very Sexy Fragrance. But it's not as Boyish/Juvenile like most modern fragrances.
After a while it mellows and the Woody Vetiver,Sandal,Vanilla appears.. resembling the spicy almost Cinnamon-like base.
The Dry down is simple powdery lemon.
Add a bit of Anise RootBeer and you'd have Armani Code!
Sexyspice took the words out of my mouth.. makes me feel like a Sexy Badass X3, and that's how it should be.

nocebo
nocebo

Only just tried the aftershave now after I got it for last Christmas. The opening actually reminds me of Armani Code a lot (especially after looking at the pyramid due to bergamot and orange. Becomes more of a generic woody frag on the drydown.

Overall I was positively surprised. Decent fragrance for a low price, best used in the cold seasons and for clubbing.

SexySpice

I bought it.... I was curious if I could in fact pull off a man's fragrance. No one could tell this was a man's cologne, it smells so right with my chemistry! pleasantly surprised... makes me feel like a bad-ass when I wear it

guest_josh67
guest_josh67

i love this smell , along with the vegas , dont be hatin people , if they smeel up close then they can really smeel you ;)

I don't find it to be oriental, but more like a woody aromatic. The alcohol was strong at the beginning. I got freshness from the oranges and synthetically sweetness from resin and vanilla. Herbs gave it aromatic body and surrounded jasmine so that it didn't get too floral. The base was nicest with vetiver musky amber. It seemed a bit typical and a bit dry however. The scent almost disappeared after the first hour and stayed super close to my skin for the next hour. With a combination of good scent and good price, I think there is enough reason to get one, but then am afraid I have to get them all as a collection. $$$

desmondorama
desmondorama

I'm disappointed in this fragrance as the sillage and strength are a lot less than that of "Vegas" and the newly released "Ibiza". There is nothing negative about the fragrance that I can think of, except that drenched on my skin in the heat of summer, it smells like 'nothing'.

You win some and you lose some! I'll still buy the others, though.

andy

it's ok definately a good scent for the price but in the basic category

i definately smelled a bit of musk and some woods but i think its nothing etraordinary

saint2006
saint2006

Another Creation from Vincent Kuczinski, that has me thinking. "I hope this ones better" Its a beautiful arrangement of notes. I wasnt expecting this to be any good, after the let down of Miami and Malibu. Silage is good, and even though the base notes are the same in similar scents. It's a very smooth descent through a garden of pure bliss and warmth. Though it may not be agreeable with everyones snout. I think this one is the best of the 4. It's Definitely a fall and winter frag.

Press To Play Hollywood by Playboy 3.66 out of 5 based on 119 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Playboy Press To Play Hollywood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Playboy Press To Play Hollywood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Press To Play Hollywood by Playboy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Press To Play Hollywood by Playboy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.