Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Infusion d'Iris Prada for women

Infusion d'Iris Prada for women Pictures Infusion d'Iris Prada for women Pictures Infusion d'Iris Prada for women Pictures Infusion d'Iris Prada for women Pictures Infusion d'Iris Prada for women Pictures

Prada Infusion d'Iris was introduces in 2007 as oriental-woodsy fragrance. The name of this fragrance was inspired by the old method of producing iris extract which took six months of soaking until the sweetly fresh iris notes were extracted.

This modern and elegant fragrance opens with notes of mandarin, galbanum, orange and orange blossom which lead to the heart composed of iris, cedar and vetiver. The base is composed of incense and benzoin.

The fragrance was designed by Daniela Roche-Andrier of Givaudan. It is captured in an elegant glass bottle reminiscent of retro perfume bottles.

It is available as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.), 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) and 200ml (6.9 fl.oz.) EDP and as pure perfume in 3.5ml (0.12 fl.oz.) and 7.5ml (0.26 fl.oz.) sizes.

The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier.

African Orange flower Orange Mandarin Orange Neroli

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue
Sensuous

Infusion d'Iris Fragrance Reviews

Turtledove

It's funny, I used to hate this because of the powdery notes when I first tried it, I'm really enjoying it now though. It definitely takes a certain mood to wear it though, usually a rainy day. Maybe it makes the earthy/woodsy notes stand out more, and calms down the powdery aspect? Anyway, something happened to change this one for me.

There is the soapy/clean aspect, but It also has a very cool, airy feel to it. Dry incense and brooding woody-earthy notes give it a kind of serious tone. To me, it has quite a bit of melancholy. If it were a color, it would be silver. It almost has a cooling sensation to it, like mint, but without the herbal quality. It does project that reserved hauteur that Iris is known for, it has a lonely feel to it, but in a meditative, walk-in-the-woods kind of way.

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

Fresh perfume that gives you a clean feeling like just got out of the shower...
A bit strong powdery opening a little disturbing for my nose, but soon turning to a soft clean magic smell from heaven.... A future summer perfume for me....

doowee.teja
doowee.teja

Starts with woodsy and the finish with a soft powdery smell! This is the one and only fragrance that I am not annoy with the powdry smell! It rather soothing and fresh!
I love how the bottle its very simple and clean!
I think it should be marketed for unisex!

I finished one bottle and loving every spray from the new bottle!

lilytrivette
lilytrivette

I love this fragrance. It is considered floral but it is a "clean" floral, not sweet al all and can be worn casual or formal. This is one of three fragrances that I wear on a regular basis, the other two being Curve and Philosophy Amazing Grace. It's not a heavy scent but is long lasting and stays true through out the day and evening. A lot of perfumes I try do not work well with my body chemistry and seem cloying and overwhelming, even when used very sparingly. But this one is great, I have had strangers stop and ask what perfume I am wearing.

pinktoe
pinktoe

Arxsyn, loved your review!!!!

arxsyn
arxsyn

I haven't smelled this fume in a very long time. I'm just going by memory here.

When I first smelled the undeniably pretty chanel no 19 Poudre I was taken aback why it seemed rather familiar. I Backtracked to the Prada perfume section and spritzed it. To confirm my suspicion I demonstrated the two to an SA...

She agreed, how can they smell the same yet different? First of all they have the same projection, and they seem to be playing a similar genre , around an iris - galbanum core and vetiver in the base. Main difference is one has a musk vetiver base and the other a woody incense base.

I gave a really good trial with no 19 Poudre and got complimented on it. I haven't really the same trial with prada Iris but I'm leaning toward Prada. I find that I'm not a musk person. It,s kind of cheap smelling and synthetic to me. I love/admire weightier, complex, exotic scents in the Oriental family so incense is much more appealing for the fall and winter.

The scent isn't terribly heavy/heady (nor is Poudre) and not exactly sweet. I guess galbanum and citrus really keep it from getting heavy. I smelled it years ago on a young woman. Whiffs of very expensive cold green incense radiating from her body. That was new to me! Do manufactures even make real incense sticks with a similar scent profile in the less smoke variety? I only get to burn cheap sandalwood ones at home so it's intriguing.

On myself I notice this perfume has 2 very distinct and separate accords: the floral heart and woody incense trail. They are never really quite in sync together. In her review Katie Puckrick opined that it seems to pulsate and that it smells like money :D. In fact, the very phrase of 'Cold hard ca$h' is very apt. Imagine Piles of green notes and cold silver coins in a room with smoke less woody incense burning away.

On the other hand Poudre is like a vintage throwback. Demure, feminine, cuddly, exuding a charmingly sweet warmth. The intense cold, biting green of galbanum is tamed with a gentle powdery bed of iris and vanilla. So freaking gorgeous!!! .Sadly this bloom of youth fades a little too quickly.

She is Well bred. more smooth but also decidedly less interesting because she is really linear and a little more simple/tame. She is on the quiet side. The dry down is soft, nuzzly grey fuzzy melange due to "cutting edge skin masks" and the barest hint of vetiver... Maybe she is a sex kitten. Talk about the cat's meow. Trick is to spray this rather liberallty even though it is supposed to be an edp concentration. This perfume layers well with its other no 19 family members.

I think they are both really nice and can be worn all year long. If you are unsure which to get, please consider which base you prefer. Expensive incense or soft skin musk. If you have the money and the appreciation, why not buy both to demonstrate true wealth? (That's my aspiration by the way)

preux
preux

It's not bad at all, but on me it's nothing really extraordinary either. I find this useful for a formal occasion or after a shower. It's soapy for sure with tendrils of nondescript woodiness and, bizarrely, rosemary.

It's a bit dull, but I think that's part of its charm - sometimes you don't want your perfume to be an olfactory novel. Somehow Infusion reminds me of snuggling into bed after you've just washed all your bed linen. It's comfortable in a slightly impersonal sort of way.

Eh. Don't dislike it, but I'd rather be wearing Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza. Soapy isn't really my thing, I guess. I'd love to smell this on a guy.

feathers
feathers

Let me say that I am a floral-lover. I LOVE floral notes in perfume. Any perfume that should disregared the floral; lets just say I'm wary of it. Having said that, Prada's 'Infusion d' Iris " is a disgrace upon the noblest of flowers: the Iris. This smells like a butch baby shampoo. I take exeption with madame Chanel that women should not smell like flowers...what (in nature ) smell better than flowers? Certainly not Cat butt! I don't know! If madame Chanel herself were (forced) to smell like a flower, certainly it would be the noble and stately Iris. But this is not a foolproof rendition of Iris and I pity the fool who takes it as such...shame...as Mr. Knightly told Emma Woodhouse "It was badly done, Emma, badly done..."

sparkybish
sparkybish

The first time I sampled Infusion d'Iris, I had a unique experience where I smelled a funky muskiness along with the powdery iris. I procured a sample, hoping to chase this experience down again, and it never happened. Infusion d'Iris is a perfectly pleasant powdery iris with little sillage and moderate staying power. I enjoyed my sample, even if I never smelled the funky musk again, but I don't think I will go for a whole bottle.

svetlana.marochko.5
svetlana.marochko.5

It is Chanel Poudre 19 with Insence))) it is much bettr than Chanel!

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

What a lovely one. Got a small sample and its really fresh and salty-musky. Also- both me and my daughter thought about herbs in the top notes, and the colour PURPLE.
Very short lastingpower on me, all that lingers after 1-2 hours is soft musk/vanilla.

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

This is such a lovely scent! Age range 25 - UP. Very classy, feminine, like a expensive soapy-powdery-fresh perfume. Very but very long lasting!
I have it and use it at special occasions.
My mom has it too and she uses it every day!

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

This fragrance is hard to pinpoint. I've been wearing it for several days and keep having different experiences. Not complaining, mind you. I like complicated fragrances. She isn't a strong fragrance, which is unusual for one that is capricious. Each time I have worn it I have had one similar experience: after about two hours of wear I get this incredible projection of fresh iris! It's like on a cloudy spring day when the sun suddenly bursts through the clouds for a brief visit and the world is momentarily glittering and golden. But then it disappears again, and you are bereft, longing for its return. When lady iris appears she is intoxicating. The rest of the time I can smell her softly as a skin scent. It can be very powdery, but it can be sharp and tart, and I would say the soapiness fades in and out. When first applied it is screechy, and reminds me of the type of alcohol heavy cologne we use in Turkey to refresh our hands throughout the day and offer to guests. The fragrance is lasting, however but soft and changeable. I think it is an easy fragrance to become anosmic to. The other day I kept reapplying, but when I smelled the sweater I had worn two days later, it smelled nicely of the iris. I got a free rollerball of this on a promo from Sephora and the packaging is lovely. The bottle itself is standard but it comes inside a pale green case made of faux leather and lined in black velvet. That is packaged inside of a very pretty textured pale green paper box. I have heard a lot of hype about this and it really surprised me at first. I haven't really experienced the incense or woods much, but I suspect they may appear in warmer weather, as it has been cool here lately. I'm glad I gave it multiple opportunities since it changes so and I didn't like it at first. I do think this is a scent that you can't overapply, so that is a selling point for those of us afraid to offend with our fragrance.

A few months have gone by and I have used this nearly daily throughout the late spring and summer. The woods have never really shown themselves to me, but I suspect they have a grounding effect. I love how cool and crisp she is when first applied. I've been using my rollerball as a pick-me-up and refresher. I feel safe applying it even in a crowded situation without offending anyone, but it has never drawn a compliment. I wear it for myself, and it makes me feel prim and haughty when I might otherwise feel disheveled. I am interested to try the Intense version since I find the staying power lacking, but I don't feel this composition needs vanilla. The tartness is a big highlight for me. However, my rollerball is already more than half used up, at an astonishing pace for me. I wonder if a spray would have more staying power? I find the price tag prohibitive so I'm unsure if I will make a purchase when it runs out. Perhaps next spring.

jacqui.eclat
jacqui.eclat

I'm really relieved to see I'm not the only one who thought this was crazy soapy. After reading the reviews it sounded like something I would really like: woody, white floral, insence - perfect! So I got an 8ml bottle, and to me it really is just overwhelmingly soapy and grandmotherish. I really didn't get any of the insence/wood/citrus notes. It's definitely inoffensive, and has lasting power, but I need to layer it with a different white floral to feel like a 20-something again. I mean, I'll use it. It's just not very exciting and I feel like it ages the wearer.

rockegg
rockegg

This isn't a complaint, this is just me saying what it smells like on me. It smells like I washed my hands with one of those fancy shaped bars of soap that people used to keep in their powder room for guests. A little bit of floral, a lot of soap.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I am so very sorry to say this but I think it's rather odd, to say the least, when someone complains about a soapy powdery scent of being SOAPY and POWDERY like Infusion d'Iris.

plutodagirl
plutodagirl

Now this smell I can get used to. Very clean, fresh, yes... it is powdery... but the incense notes cut down on that "baby wipe" smell that the EDT gives off. Love the incense! Gives it somewhat a sensual vibe, even though this is a very innocent-like scent. I prefer the EDP over the EDT. Yes, they smell somewhat alike... but then again, they don't. The EDT doesn't have that woodsy aspect that the EDP has. Very safe scent, perfect for anytime.

JaiTee
JaiTee

On me, this is just iris...powdery, gentle, inoffensive. I can see why it is a popular office scent. Infusion d'iris is like a wallflower...a perfume for when you don't want to come across as wearing Perfume. It smells clean, like white musk. Unfortunately, i find it rather boring.

Maodo
Maodo

Lovely. Impressive. Classy. Très chic.
I would even be more happy if it lasted longer on my skin.

As I am enjoying it, this Italian beauty reminds me of Essence Musc Eau de Parfum from Narciso Rodriguez. In the beginning that is.

After the start the big differences easily show up. Prada Infusion 'd Iris is genuinely citrus-green. Essence Musc Eau de Parfum is balsamic, musky and woody.

But both of them share the wonderful world of iris, incense and benzoin. Infusion d'Iris is powdery though and the iris is less dominant, compared with the (strong and clear) iris in NR.

However, how i wished this was more woody. Some woodyness would definitely bring more body - and less volatility- to this charming, intimate and -yes- comforting gem.

margaritatee
margaritatee

i have tried a few iris fragrances this year, but keep coming back to this one. the fresh opening, and beautiful incense and powder dry down: win, win and win. on the days i wear it to work, i love the way my office smells when i walk into it ... fresh and calm. and it seems to fit the australian autumn perfectly. there is an androgynous feeling perhaps, but just in the sense that a basket of irises will delight anyone ... light up any room. it is for a man with smiling eyes, and a woman with an elegant gait. i just love it.

gwyneddd
gwyneddd

Very powdery, very soapy. The iris is there in the middle, but the powder takes over. Wanted the wood and the incense. Didn't find it.

I tried Infusion d'Iris many times, because of all the hype around it and every time I was not convinced.
I like it, but it's not love and honestly I don't get all the hype.
It smells like many other good powdery scents and somehow Guerlain-ish, like a diluted L'Heure Bleue or L'Instant Magic.
The opening is a blast of aldehids that smell very old school hair spray, like Elnett or Splend'Or, nostalgic but not really nice.
Together with aldehids are beautiful orange blossom and neroli notes. I love this part, but it's covered by the hair spray.
Then I smell lots of powdery iris, of course, for hours. It goes steaming with a delicate yet present and beautiful iris. This is the part that smells like Guerlain.
It smells a little bit like an old perfume store and like tons of wannabe-a-model wandering in the streets where I live.
Feminine, yes, and masculin, too, according to cultural standard.
Iris for hours with different tones, sometimes lipstick powder, sometimes vaguely fruity, but not big galbanum is there.
I'm not comparing L'IdI to any cheap powdery scent, not even Frederic Malle Iris Poudre, Lipstick Rose or L'Artisan Drole de Rose (the best among these 3), nonetheless I always expect something more to happen between me and Infusion d'Iris. Something more ooomph.
This left most people and especially bf quite cold about.
Very longlasting with close sillage. Like it, don't love it.

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i got this as a sample the other day, and since i do my best to try every fragrance that comes my way, i gave it a go this afternoon.

and i really love it. i don't see myself buying it anytime soon, but if i happen to come across more than what i have in my little sample spray at some point, i'll probably add it to my collection.

it's powdery. it's faintly floral (but not roses or white flowers), it's much more ladylike than i'll ever be.

i don't think it smells like J&J baby shampoo, i don't like that J&J "baby product" fragrance.

i *do* think it smells exactly like the "Shower to Shower" body powder of my childhood. and i like that scent.

the only other Prada scent i have is Candy, which i also love, and there's a similarity between these two which is quite unexpected and i can't quite put my finger on it.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I really wanted to like this. The notes looked just up my street, after getting into violet in a big way last year (still love my violet scents) I started exploring iris - it seemed a natural progression as violet and iris are commonly paired together it seems. And I have found I really do like a lot of the iris scents I have tried.
So after reading reviews, looking at the notes and the "people who liked this also liked" lists I decided to give it a try - luckily it is available on the high street so I was able to sample without buying because sadly this really didn't work for me.

I first tested on the paper strip and the scent was lovely - a blast of iris and ceder which slowly blended with incense and powdery woody notes giving a rich, deep velvety feel. It smelled lovely, with vetiver, resins, ceder and incense swirling around an earthy powdery iris.
But on my skin this just fell apart.

When sprayed onto my forearm I initially got, in the first few seconds, that same wonderful whirl, rich iris, soaring incense, the ceder, the vetiver, it was lovely. But then, within less than a minute the iris, ceder, incense and vetiver just vanished, poof, gone. And what I was left with was a slightly sour, harsh citrusy mastic smell. And so it remained, fairly linear, occasional hints of neroli and citrus peeking through, and vetiver made a valiant attempt to come back but alas, they were overpowered by the tangy-sour mastic and citrus, that reminded me of oranges on the turn.

I was so disappointed! I have tried this 3 or 4 times now as I so wanted it to work, I so wanted that lovely iris-incense-vetiver to develop on my skin, yet each time I got the same sour result. I guess this just doesn't work for me.

Longevity was good, unfortunately for me! Projection was moderate. I think if you have the right skin, and this works on you and you are lucky enough for it to develop with the lovely iris I smell in the first few seconds, then this would be a wonderful perfume, but for me it is, sadly, a no.

polly golightly
polly golightly

floreale e fresco in prima battuta; leggermente polveroso dopo che si assesta sulla pelle. iris preminente all'inizio, insieme ad un tocco di mandarino. nel tempo diventa percepibile l'incenso.

midnight rose
midnight rose

i love it!so powdery and calm fragrance!

stefafra
stefafra

Started lovely, and on the paper strip after a few hours dried down like incense, nice, so I decided to try it on my skin.
Not a good combination, ends up smelling very powdery and soapy on me like some old fashioned expensive soaps, and a bit like an old grandma cupboard where a nice smelling soap bar has been parked to scent the sheets. Tried to wash it off but it is still there, and combined with the soap smell becoming, if possible, even more soapy.

Scentmad
Scentmad

I know this is an extremely popular fragrance and for all of you who love this all I can say is I am mildly jealous because on me it’s just OK, nothing special at all. It sits nicely and behaves on my skin and I have worn it a few times in the hope I get the same rush as other fume heads but no, sadly not. I don’t know if I just persevere in the hope one day I get that eureka moment. I will keep it in my collection because it’s nice to have and maybe one day I will be rewarded – for now though it’s consigned to my “it has potential – just not right now” drawer.

stromovka
stromovka

I love this one, so easy to wear and elegant perfume.
I love the freshness of the citruses, they appear gently prom the powdery fog like sunbeams shining from the cloudy sky. Very, very good one.

ancaan
ancaan

I really like this one. It has an androgynous side that i love, but...it's better on a paper strip than on me. I've sprayed it onto my wrist, letting the 'fume to develop. Well, the smell turned into something very dusty, like smelling an old attic. Oh... such a shame.

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

You know how you read about a new perfume, and it just sounds wonderful to you, and you read all the rave reviews, and you get all excited, and you just HAVE TO HAVE IT, and you finally get to test it on your arm, and............you hate it? Infusion D'Iris is that perfume for me. I did a test spray, and waited. It was light and very understated when I first sprayed it; I love light , fresh fragrances, but I was completely underwhelmed. I was puzzled; where were the beautiful topnotes everybody raved about? Undaunted, I continued shopping for another several hours, and kept sniffing my wrists. The fragrance became increasingly strong, powdery and cloying. Considering that I love several Annick Goutal perfumes which can definitely be described as "powdery" , I tried to figure out why I disliked it so much. What the hell happened? All I can tell you is that by the time we went for dinner 4 hours after my test spray, I was in the restaurant ladies room trying to scrub off the heavy, cloying powdery scent that completely enveloped me . From Eau De Toilette!!!! And I couldn't get rid of it. It STAYED through 3 scrubbings. I had read lots of reviews where there were lots of complaints that this fragrance lacks longevity. Hello? SERIOUSLY? I just took a bath, and I can still smell it on my wrist!!! It's like the fragrance that won't die. Needless to say, I won't be buying any. I really hate it. And the really funny thing is, for those of you who love this fragrance- and I know there are many -I understand. And don't blame you if you feel a little defensive and irritated and think, "she clearly doesn't have a clue what a good perfume smells like"....I've been there and had my favorites be the subject of scathing ( and completely unjustified :)) reviews, and I felt exactly the same way. I really wish I loved this, but unfortunately it was a crushing disappointment. Sorry!

Julesharbor
Julesharbor

This was suuuucccchhh a disappointment for me. My sister had this and it smelled divine. But for some reason, it never smelled as good on me. My chemistry usually works for pretty much anything...but this was not one of those times. But I still love smelling this amazing scent on others.....

drlaurel
drlaurel

Wow, I don't normally like flowers or powder and I'm new to Iris in my perfumes. I was attracted by the reviews on this amazing site and particularly the woody, vetiver and incense notes inspired me to try it. I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised that I could like such a soft and feminine fragrance. It must be the musk which is so eloquently enveloped in cedar and fresh clean notes. As everybody states, there is a soapy/powdery feel to it, but it is much more complex and so very different than other "clean" perfumes. The longevity is decent, I keep getting whiffs and am like "what is that?! Oh, it's me! And it's not spicy or woody and I love it"! Thank you for opening my mind you guys and thanks to perfumedcourt for your perfect service in decants. I now have another summer/spring fragrance to rotate with my Hermes citrus collection.

lepetitprince
lepetitprince

What a thrilling fragrance!

It wasn't fantastic on the first whiff but it was intriguing. And I like intriguing. I will not talk about the notes in this because that has been extensively covered by all these reviews here.

For me, it filled me with grand anticipation. It's the kind of anticipation that hits you when you stepped into the airport by yourself, heading towards a holiday in your dream city. It's the kind of anticipation that comes with waiting to do something for the first time. Anything. Uncertainty, rapid heartbeat and a tinge of fear. I always love a tinge of fear. Life would be bland without it.

The sillage is soft and intimate. I like intimate, very understated yet seductive. I'm not a fan of people who steps into a room and fills up the entire place with their fragrance. If I wear a fragrance, it's only meant for my close ones to know.

As for the dry down, very powdery and comforting. It doesn't leave my skin even after I shower. I suppose that says a lot about its longevity.

On a side note, I have a bottle of Infusion D'Iris Absolue so I'm reluctant to get this. The middle and base notes are really similar. However, I seem to prefer the top notes of this version. Perhaps when I'm done with the Absolue, I'd get a bottle of this.

cessnaski
cessnaski

I had trouble finding a perfume to wear in a restaurant, one that is soft and not strong enough to be too noticeable when dining. This one is one that I found to be the perfect choice. There is just enough iris in the middle note and I can definitely smell the top notes of incense, Virginia cedar and benzoin. I think it is a most alluring scent that a woman can wear under her clothes for that subtle scent that is not too sweet but one that is a more 'neutral' perfume to wear in a restaurant or in an office environment where you don't want to bother others in the room with a too strong perfume.

katrinpauts
katrinpauts

I`ve had quite a lot of perfumes but this is the one that I like and trust the most. Although it can become boring if worn daily, it`s like a trustworthy old friend always to return to. Very classy and ladylike, certainly not a young chick`s scent. To me, it`s mostly very pure, clean and fresh - not the watery kind of fresh but more like walking in my mother`s garden in the dewy morning. And it`s that kind of perfume that most of the people find unoffencive and pleasant, so it`s suitable for office and daytime. But still the lasting power is quite good and it gives your clothes the freshly washed and airdried clean scent for several days even if you didn`t wash them :)

Penelope17
Penelope17

This is a nice perfume overall considering the bottle and everything but I cannot get past thinking it smells exactly like Swedish Berries!
Is this just me?

Henriette
Henriette

I bought this blindly. I cannot say I do not like it, but I must admit that iris for me should evoke something smooth, soft, powdery and Infusion d'Iris isn't so.
Instead it's a very fresh orange opening, white flowers developing, citrus drydown. It resembles more a citrus cologne than an iris scent.
It's perfect in summer, in hot climates and whenever you feel like an energizing, invigorating fragrance.
I had expected it to be a comfy perfume, something powdery like say Ombre Rose but this isn't the case.
Not that I am disappointed by the fragrance, but by my Great Expectations.
Yes, I feel like Dickens's Pip and his vanished Great Expectations.

Eirlys
Eirlys

There are some perfumes that smell differently on skin and on tester strips, but Infusion d'Iris is wonderful on both. When I first spray it on the orange notes are the most prominent, but only 2 minutes later the iris comes out, and it turns the perfume into one of the most addicting things I have ever smelled. It's so fresh and clean, I feel like this perfume could wake me up when I'm sleepy. Also the incense note is the most surprising to me. Usually it causes me headache, but in Infusion d'Iris, the incense is very well blended with the iris and the orange notes.

The perfume lasts about 8 hours on my skin, by the 6th hour it's very soft and warm, although the iris note is still there. I would say this perfume is great for daytime, probably in spring and summer, although I think it would work well in autumn too, because of the incense.

***Edit***
For the past couple of days I have been debating whether or not I should return some perfume since I have too many, and this one was on the list. So I put Infusion d'Iris on my wrist and a bout a minute later I felt incredibly happy. The incense, the iris, the orange... they blend with one another so well. Yes I have not been using it much, but it's not going anywhere.

lirael00
lirael00

One of the best perfumes I've ever had. I first smelled this fragrance on my boss and was totally eager to get whatever she was wearing at the time for myself. So my boss was a very strong, mature and sexy woman. She was a creative director but also a mother and a wife. So for me this perfume captures this perfect balance of being a lady and a sexy tigress all in one. It also stands for confidence and creativity. So when I got the bottle I would never wear this frag to my work (I didn't want to smell the same as my boss, hell no!)But when I got a new job-Prada Infusion D'Iris became my new favourite perfume suitable for office, afterhours, night outs...you name it! And on me it lasts really long. It's a very clean and fresh but at the same time warm powdery scent that really just works for me (and for my ex-boss of course). I love this so much!

DragonflySparrow
DragonflySparrow

Powder. Soap. Cream. Soft. Delicate. There's something about this fragrance that reminds me of a soft white musk, yet there is no musk in it's list of notes. This creamy iris is so delicate and it wears so close to the skin that it almost smells like a vetiver soap that I may have bathed with and you can still smell it on my skin.. And still, it lasts all day! I walk by my husband and he goes crazy for this scent. I use to only wear Jovan White Musk for its soapy clean scent, but this may be the one that puts my cheep drugstore brand to rest. If you like clean (but not cotton-y), floral (but not offensive), musky (but not masculine), than Infusion d'Iris is for you. (And me!)

DancerForLife
DancerForLife

I'm enjoying this scent a lot. It dries into a beautiful powdery softness on me that lasts all day. Wonderful staying power, yet unobtrusive enough to wear to the office.

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

Absolutely my favorite fragrance right now. I spray this stuff on all the time...

The beginning honestly smells a little strange, almost like baby wipes. However, it develops into a more powdery comforting smell. It's addicting to smell. So fresh and calming. I could live in this stuff forever!

I love how it stays close to the skin and lasts almost the entire work day. It drives me husband mad when I walk by.

I'm too afraid to try the EDT version since this one is light enough!

Dee5
Dee5

OMG! This is a beautiful beautiful fragrance! I cannot describe how wonderful it smells to me. It is powdery and soft and fresh and so feminine. It is a very comforting scent to me.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

I applaud this fragrance for all its devotees, but please be careful if considering blind buying this one (luckily I purchased a small decant).
Infusion d'Iris surprised me with such a heavy dose of powder which overpowered my nose such that I could smell nothing else. Maybe I'll find myself learning more about powdery scents in the future, but this was too much for me at the moment.

alilass
alilass

This is my signature fragrance. I wear it all year long and receive tons of compliments! It smells powdery and fresh on me and lasts all day. It isn't overpowering or cloying. Delicate and wearable. Love.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I wanted to love this and rather assumed I would since several of my favorite scents rely heavily on iris and I'm a sucker for anything powdery.

The heavy citrus opening threw me off a little, but it quickly settles down into a light, flowery powder. Unfortunately, there's so much iris here that it turns sharp and bitter on me. I've tried it twice, but what becomes "clean" and "green" on others becomes downright medicinal on my skin.

And I wanted to love it so! Ah well, more money to spend on other things.

Oh, this one is so powdery! It was a little bit too strong at the beginning but faded into really nice and soft scent. Iris is really good and incense doesn't bother me at all in this one.
One thing is sure though - one must be a woman to wear this, not a little teenage girl.
Classic, old-fashioned and luxurious.

lubiezelkii
lubiezelkii

I think this one may finally be THE ONE.

Elegant, rough, bitter, vetivery iris.
Smells like a classy, stylish, individual and successfull woman. Perfect for a 35+, but I'm 23 and I say - it's really something.

kay0981
kay0981

This perfume is my definition of class and elegance! Simple, modern and fresh... It's a nice alternative to the usual products offered on the fragrance market, which is largely dominated by the generic fruity-florals (not that I don't love them!). Infusion d'Iris isn't your typical crowd-pleaser; this is a clean, straight-up iris, crisp and cold. It effortlessly achieves to be very elegant and sophisticated; simple and uncomplicated, yet still very expensive-smelling.

The opening is dominated by citrusy accords of mandarin and orange blossom, which then blend in with the fragrant iris-woodsy heart. It smells very fresh, but not too sharp, and there is something very unique about it that makes it distinctive and unforgettable. I find the iris to be clean and dry, 'pure', and not as powdery as some of the other reviewers have described. The drydown reveals the notes of incense and benzoin, but these aren't loud, and only accompany the beautiful iris which is the most prominent note in this composition.

I'm very happy to have this in my wardrobe – sometimes, when I want to just smell clean, fresh and elegant, this is the first fragrance I reach for. I'd also agree that this is not distinctively feminine, and could be classified as unisex. The longevity is good, but the sillage is quite light, which I think works with a scent like this one. I'd recommend it as a good 'iris for beginners', or if you are looking for some interesting variation to your wardrobe without going for something heavy.
(◕‿-)

despoina1976
despoina1976

Colour Green ,Clear Water and Fig!
I know i am terrible at describing fragrances but those words describe this fresh smell,for me.
Gives me energy and feel instantly clean,fresh and ready for the world out there.
Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue was the one, before Iris, that made me feel like that in the past.
Compliments from both men and women.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

This is an elegant, feminine and very lady like perfume. A lovely powdered Iris but I do not smell any of the other notes mentioned. Longevity and silage are pretty good and I layer with the lotion for special occasions. A definite keeper and one that I am glad to have in my wardrobe.

YogaRose
YogaRose

Alone it is elegant, fresh, expensive, classy, office....just couple of ways to describe this one. It's kind of a signature fragrance form me. Prada Iris is a loyal beauty and will not let you down, yet sometimes I'll give it one spray of Marina de Bourbon Rouge so "she" won't be so serious.

debbiesuthd
debbiesuthd

After the dry down, on me this scent smells very like Paul Smith Extreme Woman, but without the pepper note.

KJS88
KJS88

This is the perfume personification of sobre and refined. I don't find this powdery so much as it smells dry, clean, like unburnt frankincense.

I like to layer this with the EdT in the Summer. I find it completely ungendered, and that said, I am not one to use women's perfumes, no matter how much everyone says they're wearable for men, except for Black Orchid.

The mix of iris roots, frankince, mastic, vetiver, etc. is just "so well put together" smelling, sobre, elegant, refined.

Its dryness makes it so wearable in this tropical Summer heat here in Australia. Wonderful.

sidrasyzygy
sidrasyzygy

At first all I got was baby powder and iris. I was unimpressed, but my husband loved it and so I tried it again and again to see if it would grow on me. By day three, something happened, this time when I put it on I could distinctly detect the citrus and then the iris. After an hour I could smell the incense and woody notes that had originally drawn me to make the purchase. I felt sexy and confident. Infusion D'Iris is messy bun, smoky cats eye, lacy lingerie, and pencil skirt in a bottle. Professional, clean, serene, and yes...sexy!

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

This smells heavenly to me – I love powdery, creamy iris, and there's a crisp modernity to this one that separates it from, say, the Guerlains and Chanels. But I'm disappointed by how quickly it fades. Every so often I get a waft of it, but as a veil of scent it vanishes within an hour of two.

I have the body lotion as well, so I'll see if layering it gives it more staying power.

lisa.flynn.399
lisa.flynn.399

This is a lovely fresh and clean scent that exudes class. I wear this for business meetings and any occasion where I need to be taken seriously.

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

This is one of those "safe" light fragrances...but with a twist. While it smells "clean", it's also unique. What I get is a distinct iris note maybe with just a tad of real lemon, not that screaming artificial lemon use in household cleansers. It also seems to have just a suggestion of a gentle spice or subtle woody note.

I bought this while I was working in a community healthcare center; from the reviews I read, it seemed to be ideal scent for such a setting. I was right. I remember even a nurse told me how nice I smelled.

desertrat

LOVE it! This is my work horse go to for all close encounters (office, business dinners, daytime, etc) It's a fooler! It's on the job broadcasting long after I can smell it on myself. I'm always shocked when I get asked what it is I'm wearing and then the ever present rapturous comments as to how good I smell. To me it's Old Money Top Drawer Mainline Class in a bottle. It's so very well mannered and poised making a statement that you are someone of great stature. Someone important just walked into the room. That's what it says. It's simply the best.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

There is something so sophisticated, fresh, clean and powdery about this scent. I'm buying for my grandmother because I think she'd love it. It's modern and sophisticated but not a grandma scent.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is a scent unequivocally reminiscent of freshly milled soap from the Italian countryside. For that earthiness, I want to say it is warm - and it is, in a clean and showered way, but there is definitely a rainy impression to this fragrance, but it is not melancholy. It's freshly down-poured streets, the tar sizzling. That smell and atmosphere.

Elegant, clean, nice.

redrose

very safe fragrance,I really like it. I will say rather for woman over 30 then young one.Its very clean and fresh but not sharp freshness.Its iris I think makes is more powdery and calm. Sillage and lasting power very good. I recommend it highly for every woman who doesnt want to "scream" like all the others do.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I tried this on twice, both times it seemed very subtly and I wished Id have sprayed more, but came more alive with time. I smell definite powder and greens, like a walk through wet dewy grass. A cool, pristine scent with a bit of powder. I really like this as a springtime perfume I like the smell of violets so maybe iris and violet are similar.
There is a lingering powder scent after all the other scents have faded which is nice. I picture the Victorian ladies from novels like Emma and Sense and Sensibility having tea and cucumber sandwiches, to smell like this.
Im not sure if Id buy it for myself (I prefer Prada Amber)but Id definitely wear it if I could find a smaller size.

wee drop
wee drop

I adore this perfume.
When I first smelt it I thought it was merely an expensive copy of Vanderbilt, which I had been given as a present as a teenager; however I tried it again a few months later and realised that it was so much more than this. So I bought a bottle and wore it till it was done. It's a soft slightly woodsy fragrance with warmth but no overpowering spice, rather difficult to describe. But it made me feel like a million dollars when I wore it. I would love to get myself another bottle.

jelizani
jelizani

I bought this the other day and it's... nice. That's about it. It's holds lovely florality, but I find it rather one-dimensional. I was hoping for more woodsy-spicy notes and I simply don't get them. There's a tinge of greenness present but otherwise, it's all flowers.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

This truly is a lovely scent. I discovered it about 4 years ago and fell madly in love with it. I don't use it often but when I do I always feel good. I think it's got a mild Chanel #5 vibe going for it but not an exact match. Maybe it's just me but I definitely get something familiar in it. It's really not a common scent and I find it to be fresh and sexy without being "old" fashioned smelling. Definitely a great scent to add to your collection if you need a light soft addition.

kylieb8
kylieb8

Looking for a new perfume that is fresh and feminine, not sweet or cloying. The beautiful powdery fragrance of this perfume delivers on both counts. Will be requesting this one for Christmas.

qatarkind
qatarkind

This perfume is same to infusion for homme but this one is stronger. It is so beautiful and calm I think this is unisex perfume.

anna.023
anna.023

I really adore the "old ladyish" touch this perfume have. It's amazingly clean and powdery, it's just the perfect retro, ladyish scent out there. It's slightley old fashion, but still not at all. It's a lot of cold freshness in this perfume, wich makes it a bit more mordern again. Like a cool,stylish vintage fresh breath.

Only problem for me is that I wish it would last longer and have a better sillage. Lasting power about 4 hours and a very soft sillage after first hours is just not good enough for me.

A lovely scent though.

Momo2836

What a beautiful scent. When 1st sprayed, seems overpowering, way too strong. I almost put my EDP up for sale as I thought it was OTT. I'm so glad I persevered, though, as it has a beautiful dry down: incredible lasting power too. A tiny bit old ladyish but so elegant. If you're not sure go with EDP

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I picked up a super hoooge bottle in TK Maxx the other day; 400ml with a 30ml decanter and funnel. A totally self-indulgent treat but well worth it, especially at quarter the price! A timeless classic!

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

*The* clean incense par excellence alongside buttered-leathered aspects of just off-iris. Feels vintage Chanel, fresh-scrubbed, proper, and cold-though-springy as snow on Easter.

This still life of fresh cut iris on an altar could read patrician or gothic depending on intent, but is at its best when playing at both--contradictions make for the best perfume. Floral incense, like Anais Anais and Chanel 22, is hardly ever so floral and so incensed in perfect balance as here.

Remember when Gwyneth Paltrow wore sheer black McQueen and too much eyeliner to the Oscars in the early 2000s, and everybody hated it? Infusion d'Iris has the unexpected, gawky elegance she was trying for but hadn't the wit to carry.

One of the few designer releases of the 2000s that could become a classic and isn't a sugar monster.

Jola 72

The originality of this one has captured me for several years ago .Such a scent,really.Will buy it again,edp edtion,like I had it before.My great big favorite of all time and will be...Like my second skin ,nothing synthetic or disturbing in the composition,just perfect.I enjoy a lot Iris in perfumes,must admit here,but this one is really the best of these...Aromatherapy scent for me Happy and self confidence...

berrycool1211
berrycool1211

This is a beautiful fragrance. One of my favourites.
It is soft, woody yet floral with a hint of citrus.
It lasts for roughly about 4-5 hours. Maybe even a bit more longer.
It's sillage is soft.
Good to wear for offices and formal occasions.
Best time to wear: Day
Ideal Season: Summer and Spring.

littlepepperz

Even though enough has been said here, I have to write a few words.
This is one of my all time favourite fragrances. It reminds me of my mother, who wore vintage Chanel 22 in the summer. She would carry me in her arms when I was little and her clothes smelled of clean, soapy cotton. Her warm, tanned skin gave everything this warm aura i can never forget. This is my favourite memory in a bottle.
My favourite thing about infusion is also the leftover scent on your clothes - you can only understand it once you have experienced it!
Since so much had already been said here, I'm going to give you some tips for wearing it. Only for infusion lovers though.
This beauty is amazing on its own of course, however it's pure magic if it comes to layering. Try:

Infusion + 4711 original cologne = ultimate clean
Infusion + diptyque eau de lierre = best drydown ever to exist, green heaven.
Infusion + cinema or eau duelle/ambre gris = winter heaven
Infusion + shalimar = brave, powdery, bold, amazing
Infusion + shalimar l'eau = winter florals!
Infusion + any citrus = best summer coolness!
Infusion + any singular floral you like = incredible
Infusion + Lolita Lempicka L = wonderful, winter powder

THE MOST VERSATILE SCENT.
I only found it difficult to layers with musky, ambery scents.
So there. That's all. I hope our romance never ends.

sunnycocoloco
sunnycocoloco

I liked this in the bottle and as a scent on its own, but on my skin, this is way too powdery ("grandma-y") for my taste.

beccamm
beccamm

Im not keen on the initial blast of this perfume but I LOVE the drydown on me - it smealls quite masculine, like shaving cream but I really like!

After smelling this again on sprayed card, the dry down really reminds me of Prada Amber Pour Homme.

stormyla
stormyla

This fragrance reminds me of one of those old fashioned Yardley scents from long ago. It is a pleasant scent but it's coolness kept me from connecting with it. It seemed fairly simplistic and I am quite surprised that it's gained such popularity.

The lack of sillage also disappoints. I expect more from an expensive fragrance than what this delivers.

merlin1999
merlin1999

On my skin, this is a quiet, unobtrusive kind of perfume. A little quaint, even. Little floral puffs wafting by before the shy iris floats politely into the room. The dry-down smells like freshly starched cotton that has just been ironed. I wear it for work a lot, because it is so non invasive. For that reason, I like it very much.

loveitorleaveit
loveitorleaveit

2 words: LOVE IT!!!!

shellpol

Tried it on the blotter today in the mall...initially cudnt make out much...just some florals... among all the variations of it this original was favourable so I allowed the attendant to spray on me...after leaving from there I cud notice it radiating in a beautiful way from me...awesome smell...very mature...heavy florals...powdery...rest of the notes I cudnt garnier as m no expert at that...bt I was thinking it shud be there in my usage...can wear it at weddings and parties...wonderfull smell...worth the money...bottle has vintage look so sort of a collectors item...I would recomend.

Bazil Tarmizi
Bazil Tarmizi

This is an elegant perfume . All I can get from this perfume is soft , fresh , clean , powdery iris . When I went to sleep , I spray this on and the next morning it is still there . This perfume makes me don't want to wake up . Too comforting . I have to agree that this type of perfume didn't last on me . But I keep applying again anf again untilvi got satisfied . Soo amazing prada perfume !!!!!!!!! I'm so happy :)

Ultraprincess
Ultraprincess

Love it....... a little goes a long way!

AlexandraM19

My love for Infusion d'Iris knows know bounds. What a glorious iris fragrance. It smells like expensive soap. It's so lovely and clean, it's CLASSY.

pansylady

I get the most unusual scent impression from the top notes - there is a chalky, candied quality that makes me think of cherry or grape-flavored Pez candy!

Beyond that, this is a lovely, understated classic with a prominent orange blossom that pirouettes with the iris.

It wears a little differently on me each time I use it- sometimes it smells like candied violets and iris, sometimes warm orange blossom and incense-

During the dry down, it becomes a soft, soapy floral skin scent-

Longevity and potency are good-

I can't imagine any situations for which this fragrance wouldn't be a nice enhancement-

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

Expensive soap, woodsy notes, a little bit of incense and a touch of fresh citrus. This is so very clean - in fact that's the word I'd use to describe this gorgeous scent: CLEAN.

This doesn't seem to lose it's strength as it dries down either - all that happens for me is it goes from being quite sharp to being soft and creamy...it is just lovely.

Thank you to the kind fragrantica member who sent me a pretty big decant of this - I'm really enjoying it :) This makes me feel fresh, feminine...and CLEAN!

Update 23/8/13: I've changed my 'like' into 'love' when it comes to this. The incense note in Infusion D'Iris is absolutely stunning. While I definitely stand by my review above, the word "clean" really doesn't do this beautiful perfume justice - it is actually a lot more complicated than that. While it is a little sharp (citrus) at the start, it softens down gradually and the incense, resins and Iris stay true the whole time. The more I wear it, the more I smell the Vetiver as well. HELLO, PRADA :) what a great introduction!

marily
marily

Very clean,fresh,powdery,soapy scent!!!! scent for all day specially for morning hours

po
po

Before trying Infusion d'iris I thought that soapy perfumes don't suit me but this one is so multilayered and interesting!

Opens with the refreshing kick of orange and neroli. Then gradually gets more soapy and powdery, smells airy, cool and clean. But Infusion d'iris is more than citrus, soap and powder. As it reaches the drydown there is an almost transparent woody lightly incensey base. Seamlessly blended, geniously structured and totally unisex.

Sillage is low but it's surprising long lasting.
I consider it a serene scent, very suitable for job interviews. A little austere, aloof at time, clean and modern but not intimidating, professional, self possessed, not flirty at all. Totally lacking emotion but still manages to have personality at the same time.
A great choice for taking a break from louder/sweeter scents or concentrate and accomplish tasks.

Brings to mind a cool spring rain in the woods and it's also soothing. As a friend, wouldn't be the one to bake you comforting cookies but would give you the wisest advice for sure.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

Unique, classy, elegant, luxurious, complex, clean, powdery, woodsy, smooth, modern, versatile. In one word - divine! Infusion d'Iris it is. Of all the iris fragrances I've tested, this is the best by miles. Thank you, Prada, for this beauty.

driveraxvl44
driveraxvl44

This scent reminds me of fresh, dewy spring mornings, and white flowing linen dresses.

I tried this one out of curiosity, since the only other fragrance I have from Prada is Amber for Women. It is quite a light fragrance in comparison, but it does have it's heavy, musky, almost powdery moments upon first spritz. Once it dries down, however, the floral begins to kick in, and you have a feminine, classy fragrance that is subtle and a tad bit sensual. It's a great wear for the warmer months, and with light clothing. I would suggest paring it with a nice body cream with similiar notes to the perfume in order to give it a more long-lasting boost, since the perfume on its own doesn't last very long. However, that could be due to my body chemistry.

All in all, a delightful spring/summer fragrance, although not really one of my personal favorites. 7/10.

Jubba
Jubba

In 2009 his was my favourite perfume. I always enjoyed the first two hours of it. Then it would turn into musty funeral home (here I agree with Luca Turin). When I could no longer tolerate the dry down, I stopped using it. Today I sampled a flanker - the one with lilies of the valley - the sillage was what I remembered but no longer to my taste and the dry down the same.

I guess it was just a brief love affair.

NicoleET88

In a moment of pure madness, I purchased a GIGANTIC 13.4 oz refill bottle of this stuff. GIGANTIC. From it, I filled a 2.7 oz bulb atomizer bottle, used it down about 1/4 of the way, and then refilled it again.

I really do enjoy this fragrance, but I'm afraid that there is simply no way in several billion years I will ever deplete the whole gallon.

If anyone claims this perfume as their signature and could make good use of NINE ounces of it, PM me. I'm down to sell or swap.

hollyms
hollyms

Super classy, womanly perfume. Elegant!

zeb
zeb

Not a La vie est belle or a Black Orchid or kind of flowerbomb. This perfume is for the ones who have self confidince and not needing a scent to empower their character.
Is this ıris I'm dying for? How could a flower gives this classy scent? I believe that if Grace Kelly or Audrey Hepburn was living they would use this one as a signature scent.

نوادر العطور
نوادر العطور

عطر صباحى منعش يعطي شعور بالنظافة وأفضل ارتفاعه صباحا وخصوصا للموظفين

thetrekkk
thetrekkk

Eerily aloof and lady-like, velvety and powdery enough to be a reminescence of another day and age, the scent lingers on and on... There's no soul-searching here, no insight into the depths of its wearer, but not because it lacks subtlety, quite the opposite. This is feminity at its best, not willing to reveal its misteries upfront, keeping the crowd at a distance, and yet allowing devotees to catch a glimpse at its essence.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

This is truly an iris, cedar & vetiver powerhouse. Magnificently woody and elegantly powdery, with a deeply resinous vein throughout.

Great fragrance!!

lilj
lilj

Very distinct. Powdery yet clean. Is this the scent of grandma from the Old Country or a modern young woman? Both. This calls for a shift, flats and trench coat on a solo day trip to the Museum of London after a continental cafe breakfast in Chelsea. Tuck an umbrella into your Birkin. Sophisticated, ladylike, intelligent and somewhat aloof.

aboulden
aboulden

It starts out powdery....doesn't have much floral. The end note is this incredible musky smell that can only be described as ridiculously sexy. I wear this on date night--if it doesn't turn him on, it definitely turns me on.

lilacteeth
lilacteeth

Classy. Clean. Comforting. I keep coming back to edit my review which was initially rather dismal to be honest. I am starting to understand this perfume more. You have to be patient with this one - I WOULD NOT advise smelling your skin right away after spraying this...just let it waft gently in the air. Wait a minute or two minutes for the dry down. It's growing on me and turning out to be pretty nice. Fresh, clean and a hint powdery. I love a good powdery scent and this one is perfectly offset by the Iris. I love spraying this one on me after a nice, hot shower...and then when I awake in the morning I can still smell the scent lingering around me like a hazy dream. Neither too masculine nor feminine. Oh so classy - this is definitely not a sexy perfume...not even a sensual one at that...but that's ok sometimes. It's clean and calming. I only wish there was more sillage and that it would project...but maybe if I buy the EDP next time, this issue will be resolved. I can see myself going back to buy this one again and again over the years but my skin seems to eat up the EDT so it shall remain a calming after-shower fragrance from time to time. I am excited to try the EDP.

Momo2836

I bought online not having smelled for a long time. Going by reviews expected a light summery other worldly fragrance, alas not so. Extremely strong full on powdery scent ( I actually like powdery) like cheap baby wipes and v overpowering flowers. Really nauseating and headache inducing, you'd smell it a mile away. Not inoffensive, quite the opposite. I have a 100 ml bottle swap for Coco/Coco Noir/Fendi/Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

Sofreshandsoclean
Sofreshandsoclean

The flower Iris on it's own, I find very sporty, lemon, woody and masculine. But in this Prada the Iris is warm, woody and embracing. I find Chanel Poudre so sharp and loud compared to this beauty. It screams, like, your attention is my demand "I AM GREEN, I AM POWDER, I AM FRESH" Prada is softspoken, and you need to sharpend your senses to hear her beautiful voice and the wisdom she speaks. This is pure class. I am sorry Chanel house but Coco Chanel would have been a Prada girl with this one.
-A TRUE CLASSIC-

Longivity is moderate.
PERFECT for warm weather
I find it very feminine.
Addictive, Soothing.

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

Little bit of citrus in the very beginning, then a soft, pure powder scent through which the iris sings. The drydown, to me, is almost leathery, which I think might be the vetiver and resins. I too am reminded of a fine milled soap.

I wear this nearly exclusively in uniform, as I am a military reservist. It's perfect in that context, as the sillage is rather soft and there is not a thing screechy, sharp, or overpowering about Infusion d'Iris. Just a lovely, gentle iris concoction.

It actually reminds me a little of the way candy Smarties taste.

mejohann
mejohann

Dear Prada Infusion d'Iris, you confuse me very much. I have tried this on several times and every single time it smells different. Sometimes it will smell like rancid chemicals, and other times completely blissful, clean, and pure. Did you get reformulated in the last six years and made to use chemicals and plastic rather than genuine ingredients? I feel like older bottles represent the scent better. Smelling the new bottles makes me queasy. If you have the opportunity to buy an old bottle, please do so. But make sure you try this one out before you buy it. I find that this scent changes very easily with body chemistry.

Germany

Have always loved it. I love the EDT as well. Like an expensive soap smell. Reminds me of my classy wealthy grandmother. That's how her bathroom smelled. I admired her. She was a real lady. Back in Germany.

Jola 72

one of my beloved scents I must have in my collection ,original and the ONE Never goes wrong with it,just completely amazing perfume I can get some similar vibes with Bijan Nude ,just in case ,not that expensive But Prada is Prada Love

gazgreen
gazgreen

This is a professional's true scent and reminds me of Shalimar. Starts out quite spicy and oily like cardamom oil. Then I get some mild citrus and since it is mild it does not give the air-freshener vibe, but more like an Iris candle. Its similarity to Shalimar may be due to benzoin, galbanum, insense and orange all adding up to create that Johnson's baby powder effect. But Infusion d'Iris in comparison is crisper, greener and cleaner than Shalimar.

joannam2012
joannam2012

one of the best parfumes ever

paulownia
paulownia

I tested it today, and I'm slowly falling in love. And I thought that I hate soapy smells! This one is very clean, fresh, I feel iris and incense in it. Nice change after most of mainstream that is usually way too sweet for me. Probably will be buying a bottle soon.

torpedama
torpedama

A fabulous scent that, unfortunately, does not last longer than half an hour.

toeysk
toeysk

powery and clean like you're in the hospital.

I think it suits the medical personnels

Debshee
Debshee

Smells like a man's fragrance once it starts to dry down. Not surprised to see a man saying he enjoys this. It's not something I'd wear.

curvealert
curvealert

I can see why some might dislike this scent. It's not your typical floral fruity - Infusion d'Iris is as dry as a bone. It's powdery, soapy, almost leathery to the extent that you sometimes get a hint of pencil shavings.

But it's gorgeous - the iris here is so elegant and charming. I love wearing this in the spring. I wouldn't call this vintage smelling; it's too fresh and transparent. You can wear this anywhere, at any time, but for me it's a daytime/office scent because the sillage is moderate.

GuanYin2013
GuanYin2013

I can smell nothing from this fragrance. If I close my eyes and inhale deeply for a minute or so I can pick up a watery, washed out, impure fuzzy iris right at the back/top of my nose. Curiously, although I can hardly smell anything it still makes me sneeze, choke, and gag. Subliminally disgusting. I seem to be repelled by all fragrances with iris, bluebell, hyacinth notes. I just hope no one in my social circle starts wearing this...

Jama4
Jama4

Sophistication in a bottle!!!

I like this perfume. After my bad experience with Infusion d'Iris pour homme EDP I almost passed Infusion d'Iris for women EDP. The main difference in the women's version is that it is less powedery. I am not a fan of Iris on my skin, but thankfully it fades quickly. I am also dissapointed in the longevity. Otherwise this perfume is well made, classy and unique.

Impression:
Initial sprits: galabanum and iris dominate
5 minutes: galabanum, iris ( smells musky), and incense
2hrs later: galabanum, mandarin orange, incence, and cedar
4 hrs: galanbanum, incence, cedar and a hint of mandarin

My skin type: oily / youthful
Office safe: Yes very
Potency: Light (5 or more sprays are necessary)
Projection: arm's length
Longetivity: 4-6 hrs
Timing: Summer / any time
Packaging: 7/10; standard packaging nothing fancy
Price: $79 for 200 ml/ 6.76 oz at Winners / TJMaxx

Will I Repurchase: NO longevity is the issue

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

xVal
xVal

I can't stand this, I sprayed it and immediately wanted to wash it.
Such a strong scent,I have no idea who would wear it, but by the reviews I guess alot.
Smells like chemicals.
Prada keeps disappointing in my opinion.
My bf sneezed the whole day after smelling it once.
Sorry for those lovers of this fragrance, but this is horrible.
I wouldn't even wash my floor with this.

miticothor
miticothor

Is it an EdP? This is an eau de cologne.....for sure. Ok It's a fine and delicate fragrance, unisex too but with very poor staying power

poppyvintage
poppyvintage

It is too modern and soft for my taste. I prefer strong, dominative perfums. Infusion d'Iris Prada has no huge sillage, sits very close to my skin. Otherwise nice, fresh & clean unisex scent for any modern (wo)men.

Morrigan
Morrigan

I just purchased a mini. My first reaction was "wow!". I have never smelled anything similar in perfume, but there is something familiar about it...then my mind began to make the connection: this smells like something I've used in my bathroom! Detergent? Conditioner? Not sure, but it's definitely something I've smelled before somewhere in that vicinity!

Fresh, light, calming, it even makes me happy... but I am still not sure as to whether I will purchase a full bottle. My husband doesn't like it on me, he's used to smelling fruity-florals and orientals on me which is quite sad as I want to transition to greener, lighter scents. I also wish it didn't remind me of my bathroom... Darn, this is so confusing! :(

smellME
smellME

Why I have not come across this earlier ...
- is a big mystery...Love this baby !
Fresh, subtle ,spicy, cosy, skinscent,
its all you need to be comforted on a rainy day ,freshened up when needed and another day - just beeing you. !
This will take over where my lovely Balenciaga l´essence ends...
for a while...last drops to go .
Thanks to my Friend Laetitiap for another great swap of ours !!
Update...I have got a lot of nice comments when wearing this lately its really fresh, and has a beautiful woody drydown ! Itmakes you feel refreshed all day.Its a scent you long for to put on !

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

I love the combination of iris and incense in the EDP. It's classy, but still warm and intimate, never too harsh or obtrusive. It's like the smell of a better, more beautiful world. When I wear it, I can't stop smelling my wrist, it's just so divinely delicious.

lunadestella
lunadestella

Very clean, delicate, delightful little scent. Perfect for springtime, exploring gardens, or cool evenings out during the summer.

At first I got a touch of mint with the iris -- not toothpaste but refreshing, think freshly cut from the garden kind of mint -- but it died down rather quickly. Then a slight musk appeared, nothing overpowering always ladylike and polite, which eventually mingled with the smell of an expensive soap and irises.

The iris in this is soft, composed, relaxed, and dreamy just like Van Gogh's Irises or Monet's Lilac Irises. It does feel like I'm wearing a piece of art when I have Infusion d'Iris on.

It lingers close to my skin and makes me want to visit an art museum while wearing white or pastels. Lovely!

aveilhe
aveilhe

Infusion d'Iris is a dry, woody fragrance with a very prominent mastic note. It is reminiscent of Annick Goutal's incense-laden Encens Flamboyan, but Infusion d'Iris is much more feminine and wearable.

I'm actually quite glad to have found a fragrance with a prominent incense note that is not as literal as many others on the market: I love incense, but I don't want to smell like an actual burning stick of resin. Infusion d'Iris perfectly balances tangy citrus notes with powdery iris, dry woods, soft musk, and incense. It is equal parts clean and smoky. A very unique fragrance!

lcommisso
lcommisso

When I first started using this database and typing in all the perfumes I liked, this one kept coming up as one I might like. I went to Sephora to try it. So disappointing, like old books. I really wanted to love this fragrance.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

PRADA.

Infusion d'homme, Infusion d'iris EDP, Infusion d'iris Absolue, and Infusion d'Iris EDT all share some similarities.

D'homme: is the son, who's in an indie band, dressed in thom browne/kitsune
D'iris EDP: is the daughter, the high maintenance one who loves designer bags and shoes
Absolue: is the rich and classy mother / cool & classy grandma who loves to spoil her grandchildren
D'iris EDT: is the other daughter, the quiet one who loves ballet and poetry

All is pretty sick, dope, in a good rich way.

Who's the one to blame?

PRADA.

They didn't call "The Devil Wears Prada" for no reason.

How can you not love Miuccia for creating such an interesting family?

And more importantly, all of them live long, their presence is undeniable, subtle but they command "presence".

Last but not least, I think "Everyone must wear Prada at least once in their lives, whether it is just the perfume, or the clothes."

-Mr. Almond-

advabart
advabart

Infusion d'iris?
Or rather confusion d'iris...
Reading so many good reviews here, I wonder why on me it only smells like detergent in cold water...
So sad I can't love this promising creation...

I have a sample but would not buy.
Yes, it is very retro, very powdery and soapy.
No, I don't get the iris too much.
Quite nice but would not spend so much money on something that stays so close to your skin, sileage is 0, even though it stays there for a long time. I need to bring the wrist to my nose every time i want to feel it.
Maybe it is worth half the normal price; I would get it if I find it that cheap since you need a lot of this on your skin to be able to notice or be noticed.
I am sure the perfumes from my childhood memories ( early 70-ies, was there anything cold "Chat Noire"?) were not as expensive.

kwietok25
kwietok25

This perfume was not straight forward for me... With most of my favourite fragrances I fell in love the moment I smelled them for the first time. But with this one it was different. It was a blind buy. 750ml for about 50 euros- I had to buy it! When it came I was really impressed with the bottle and packaging etc...but the scent itself was kind of weird :) I gave it a try and then again and again and then I found out that I fell in love with it. It just grew on me and it became my staple frag.
Infusion D´Iris represents timless elegance, sophistication, high maintenance and a class...It´s just unique.

svansant74
svansant74

I really wanted to like this fragrance, but I could not get past a smokey smell it left on me. Almost nauseating.

stacia79
stacia79

I LOVE the smell of Infusion d'Iris! LOVE it. I would bathe in it... and there lies the whole problem. The sillage and the lasting power is nil. I'm shocked that anyone could vote this as very long lasting or enormous sillage. What perfume were they smelling?? I would have to wear an entire bottle of it at once just to have it do what all my other perfumes do with a spray or two. I have noticed this problem with most of Prada's fragrances, which is a shame because the scents themselves are lovely, but a few seconds of pleasure is not enough to justify a full bottle purchase.

littlepepperz

This reminds me of the times when I was little, maybe about 4-5 years old, and my mother would carry me around in her arms on holidays, in the summer.

My mom's tanned skin, freshly washed clothes smelled just like this. Powdery, fresh, slightly soapy and delicate. I'm pretty sure she had Chanel no22 samples in her handbag and she would spray a little bit of it in the summer over her body cream/soap that smelled like iris, not knowing what she was mixing it with.
This is such a comforting smell to me, I love it and I have to have it, it really brings me back like no other scent.
(14)

Susan_b
Susan_b

My signature scent. I have everything except for the linen water which will be purchased after lent. This perfume is a hybrid L'air du temps / Coco Chanel in me. It reminds me of my mother ( in a good way).

tourmali45
tourmali45

I believe gentle musk that gives powderiness and insence that lends smokiness makes it likable for me. First sharp iris notes are a bit synthetic smelling and a tad metallic, but almost at once insence starts improving the situation making Id'I warmer and ambery.
The picture that best describes this perfume in my mind is burning embers on a cold summer day with still damp air after the rain.
Very elegant and I find this more woody and balmy than iris scent. Maybe Id'I could be the solution for iris note non-lovers like me if they want to include an iris scent in their wardrobe.

joliecat
joliecat

First spray is overwhelmingly alcohol synthetic metallic rush. But it drys down quickly. Totally unisex, there is absolutely no sweetness to this fragrance at all. It's not powdery enough for me, and has a very cold, distant, haughty, aloof, unfriendly, synthetic smell. It might be good on a hot summer day, to make you feel cool and dry. Good one for the office, for day wear, since it wears close to skin and won't offend anyone. It has moderate silage and long lasting power.

purrricat
purrricat

This is disgusting, smells like insect repellent or flyspray. Headache inducing.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

Oh me, oh my! My first experience with this fragrance was by chance. I received a sample in a swap. The day I tried it on was a warm spring/summer day and I knew I had to dash off to purchase a bottle immediately. This scent is heavenly to me, it's so pretty and fresh and slightly powdery. The iris is beautiful and for me, the lasting power is swell. I think of a beautiful spring day in a field of wildflowers when I smell this, but it can be carried off year round.

A quick whif of this puts a smile on my face and I will never be without a bottle of this beauty. Prada won my heart with this one!

Samara_Vi
Samara_Vi

Wonderful really smells like expensive stuff.... But DOESN´T HOLD! Doesn´t worth a while.

Bojolo
Bojolo

Smells exactly how it is described but just disappears on me. Tried it with body lotion too but its gone in an hour or so.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I was really excited to try this out, because I heard so much great things about it. Yesterday I ran into it and tried it. I was really disappointed, because it smelled like carrots on me. Just carrots and nothing else. It didn't go well at all with my chemistry. Sucks.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

At first Prada Infusion d'Iris comes across as something of a blank canvas of a scent.

It belongs to a fraternity of fragrances that came into being as the price of precious Iris essence fell dramatically a few years back.

But where others exploited the market to make only moderately pleasant perfumes, Prada has created something truly special out of apparent slight almost nothingness.

Here the house style of ambiguous bordering on vacuous perfection is turned from sin into salvation.

This fragrance follows a simple line unswervingly from citrus start through first chalk then buttered iris to a smoked vetiver finish that is vertiginous in its insubstantial depths.

This is a scented Kim Novak like vessel which invites James Stewarts everywhere to put their fantasies into it.

Fresh? Clean? Floral? Powdered? Buttered? Steely? Smoky? Wooded?

The choice ultimately is yours.

This is your Hitchcock Blond to do with as you will.

And as infatuation crosses all gender lines to the wrong side of the tracks, I see no reason why a certain sort of unsure-of-himself man shouldn't wear this.

truffles

Thank you to patxaran for kindly sending me a sample of this, it's the 'something different' I was searching for!
This has a very 'retro' smell to me.
It takes me right back to my childhood in the 70s, a vague memory of an 'adult' smell.
I get the incense very strongly which is always good in my book! Like a good touch of Nag Champa, lovely.

heather.h.weber
heather.h.weber

This is a very heady powdery scent, I though I liked it when I tried it in the store and purchased a bottle but now when I spray it on it makes me feel a bit sick. It is overwhelmingly powdery on my skin and I don't get any floral much at all.

Def. a scrubber on me! :(

NicoleET88

I know I may take some heat for this, but so be it...

I can't wear this as a stand alone fragrance. It's hauntingly beautiful, but makes no sense as an aroma coming off of my body. I got a tester of it, fell in love with the scent, but just could not be comfortable wearing it out the house, so I couldn't justify purchasing a bottle...which made me sort of sad, because I wished I could smell it more often.

The other day I had chosen another perfume, and at the last moment I thought to put a few drops of Iris on top. At first I wasn't enamored by the results, but I was on my way out the door and could do nothing about it. By the time I got to work, I smelled FANTASTIC. The two scents had blended and the Prada Infusion D'Iris seemed to have elevated the 1st fragrance from something common, to something deliciously curious. It added an air of cool intrigue, sophistication, and balance. Perhaps this is just some fluke of my own chemistry, but what a glorious fluke it is.

Buying a bottle.

Eos
Eos

Infusion d'Iris, like most perfumes, must be applied to skin to get the full effect. Smelling this on a paper strip is near impossible for me as it always just smells like wet paper. On skin, this perfume blooms in a beautifully complex way.

Contrary to its name, the main note that comes through on my skin is not iris. Instead incense, mastic, galbanum and benzoin swirl together to create a mysterious, bitter, woody, creamy concoction that I have to say I love. Its a cool, crisp smell, that conveys a slight melancholic tone. It is very light and I find myself applying much larger amounts than I would normally use to get the desired sillage. Longevity on my skin is approximately 7 hours.

On the club side of this site, Infusion d'Iris is often described as smelling like vintage makeup. I respectfully disagree. If you are looking for the scent of vintage face powder, I would refer you to Chanel No 19 Poudre.

Fun Fact: The only person I've ever known IRL who used this as her signature scent is a palm reader-psychic-hippie-herbal medicine shop owner. It smells great on her too!

redrose

well,I wanted to like it or even love it but......unfortunately this is not my cup of tea....Dont understand why ,though? I do like mature fragrances I like iris.......but I also like when good branded fragrances last on my skin and they have nice sillage. This fragrance is dead on my skin after 2 hours.......nothing left:(((( so bad

I am known to be a quick captive of oriental fragrances and I don't own a fragrance that could be described as 'powdery'. I guess I'm also impatient with fragrances.

I tested the EDP and EDT today after initially testing the EDP on its own last week. I really like the EDP but when I compared the two together, the EDT is now my chosen one!

I found the EDP lost the freshness and floral notes in less than 30 min to quickly reveal the woodsy dry down which in itself was enjoyable but it eventually faded into oblivion after less than 3 hrs. The EDT however started fresh but subtle, however it continued to develop the lovely soft and powdery iris with an intensity and persistence I didn't experience in the EDP. 5 hrs later I am still getting a beautiful waft of iris and the dry down continues to retain all its lovely powdery floral beauty. Patience has served me well today!

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

If a fragrance had a colour, it would start the colour of cold lead solder which melts, all silvery and soft, powdery and icy, like the finest snowfall, not a hint of vanilla or horrendous bubblegum/alcopops fruity scents which seem so popular, it's deep roots and earth, melting snow, the blast of cold clean air lashing across the fields to freeze your ears. For me, the fragrance starts tame, and rises in intensity before sliding seductively into a rootsy muskiness with a hint of orange blossom, a promise in the depth of winter of warmer days to come. A spill sprayed with this and kept in my pocket lasted 48 hours without losing it's intensity. Not for the young, this is a scent for a mature woman who takes no nonsense, who has the demeanour of calm and cool, with a secret furnace burning within.

4moons
4moons

I've never had a scent that has smelled so bad on my skin. Just not for me.

rottannie
rottannie

Anyone has the right to write, not write, read and NOT READ ....whatever choice they make. It does not give anyone the right to be rude. If you know it's a long story, skip it.

LANIER
LANIER

For days she has eluded me, cool remote and untouchable. I thought at first this woman was that blonde so distantly desirable who radiates a frozen heat that stings the eye and captures the libido then slips away with a hot forty thousand dollars in her purse on the road to oblivion. I thought I had lost her only to find she turned up next as a haunted somnambulist wandering aimlessly with deceitful purpose over the hills though the city to a graveyard, to the bay, to a tower and again to oblivion.

She confused me in her teasing enticing nearness that always turned into escape. I must understand her, I must possess her. This woman who the whole evening watches me across the dinning table as her mother loaded with diamonds goes on about how over finished her reserved daughter is. All the while the blonde studies me daring to expose my secrets. Later I cautiously watch her unlock her door, with a seductive turn sheathed in chilled blue chiffon she drapes one bare arm around my neck and pulls me into the shock of her lips meeting mine. Before I can speak she steps back and swings the door shut between us. The only sound is the beating of my heart and the click of the dead bolt. Again she is gone.

My brain is scrambled as I try and grasp at clues to her identity. She keeps changing. Every time I met her over the next few days she stole something of me and then vanished when I was about to surrender my soul. On a train, into the arms of a spy or simply into a deadly dark apocalyptic aviary leaving only an impression of her image on the rear window of my soul, who is this woman?

When I finally gave up and turned to walk away from this ambiguity, a woman brushed past me carrying a suit case. I turned at the recognition of her insinuating scent. The woman who was walking away from me on the train platform couldn’t be her. Her long loose black hair fooled me at fist but then as she boarded the train at the very moment it pulled away, I caught a glimpse of her profile. I stood frozen on the spot as I watched the train for Baltimore disappear.

Standing alone on that platform I finally I had the clue. She was a master of disguise and deception. The combination of the dyed black hair and that distinctive perfume held the key. She wasn’t Marion Crane on the run, or doomed Madeline Elster, she had even fooled me into believing in Monte Carlo that she was Frances Stevens. At one point the thought fluttered its wings in my mind that she was evil and the whole mystery stared when she came to town. But no, she wasn’t Melanie Daniels. She was none of the women she pretended to be. I had to follow her to Baltimore.

A blood red sky opened above me in that field where I finally found her a week later. She rode up wild and fast on a black stallion dressed for the hunt. The horse reared at the sound of thunder in the distance. She shivered and her eyes shifted as she tried to cover the terror that approaching storm brought upon her. She looked down at me from astride that hard panting dark animal and I saw that she understood that the chase was over.

“I’ve come to take you home Marnie.”

Like the character of Marnie in the film of the same name by Alfred Hitchcock, Infusion D’Iris by Prada is elusive, mystifying and duplicitous. It is cool and blonde and mysterious and to understand it takes a while. For me it took two weeks of chasing to capture it and come to love it. It is ever changing in its complex almost psychologically challenging nature. Just when you think you have pinned it down to a pure floral, it shifts into dry woods and then again into a light oriental powdery musk perfume. Created by the “Nose” Daniela Roche Andrier who also brought to us many other perfumes for Prada this one is a softly dazzling incense iris perfume that is purely wonderful.

The perfume is smooth and soft in its opening notes of Mandarin orange, soothing galbanum and African orange blossom. Those notes waft over you in a whisper like butterflies brushing your ear and are quickly gone. The central notes are dominated by a cool earthy iris that is elegant and refined. This iris blends with a pine like mastic and cedar with a layer of grassy green vetiver that come up from the base notes. The dry down is pure incense and benzoin that powder the end of the scent ever so lightly. Not heavy powder but rather more of a soft dusting of modern clean lined elegance.

The longevity of Prada Infusion D’Iris is very good but not spectacular. It lays somewhat close to the skin in its projection and when caught in passing it is subtle in its invitation to come closer to its mystery just as one would expect from a Hitchcock blonde. This perfume is for a lady or a man who embodies a modern sophistication and wears as well in company as it does outdoors. But be warned not to fall in love with Prada Infusion D’Iris, for once you surrender to her cool seduction you may find you can never let her go.
FIVE PLATINUM STARS *****

jillianin
jillianin

it is my blind buy. I just ended up so disappointed. It smells exactly like an insert spray, Nothing fresh, feminine, very aggressive and unpleasant. None of mine friends like it either.

desertrat

Prada's Infusion d'Iris has become my "go to" fragrance for all occasions. My husband loves it on me and I get random complements from strangers every time. It is my work horse as it's still working long after I think it's gone. On me it's old money and pure class. I have a small travel size I keep for trips. I'm now using my 3rd large bottle. I pray it is never discontinued as I LOVE it so very much.

With regard to it not being similar to Chanel No. 19, I agree with stephanie.hamr. For me, however, it's top notes are a dead ringer match for Chanel No.19 Poudre which is different.

To "tellesnovaes": Eu concordo com você. Tenho a mesma reação e adoro este perfume.

NicoleET88

Deep and intoxicating. After a little while it takes on a very heady incense tone. Reminds me of days spent in smoky apartments, "pondering."

amanda0901
amanda0901

Really didn't like this at first; I thought it was an "old lady" perfume and not for me. A few months after I'd chucked my sample into a drawer, I picked it up, smelt it and fell in love! I don't know what's changed - possibly my body chemistry - but it now smells so delicate yet mysterious.....just love it!

outofocus

Sunnyshine, to me that list on the box is the list of essences that make part of this fragance AND in the order in which they evaporate. When you spray it, the mandarine surely comes first, then the rest of the essences.
This is my third entrance for this perfume, I guess it will be the last.
I purchased it and been wearing for two months, so I've had an opportunity to go beyond the initial hype.
First of all I did notice this perfume is made in Spain, not in France so that was a big dissapointment, since there is not better quality perfume than the french (and I am not French!)... so much for expensive components,the cost cutting went into manufacturing!!
The fragance is awesome, that has already been discussed, the problem is that on my skin it has practically no longevity: I spray not less than 5 times and when I reach the office, I get no smell whatsoever!! I guess this is related to poor manufacturing but Im not completely sure.
Rounding up, I thought that this would be the first perfume I'd buy twice, but unfortunately it won't be so.

vicka16

Well, that will be my second review for this perfume and it's quite opposite to the first one.
When I sampled Infusiond d'Iris today, it was a very soft, delicat, slightly powdery and misterious scent. I really liked this perfume this time and I find it is great for a day wear for any season.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

When I see the color of the box and smell the fragrance I can't help to think the scent has lime. I was close, it does have a citric note, Mandarine D'Italie.

Here is very pleasant, not sweet. Blending in with resins and iris it becomes a mysterious scent. I smelled the other Prada Infusion D' Iris, this one is distinguished by the smoky quality. The incense makes this scent unique. All the notes smell so earthy. It takes me to the outdoor, the classy outdoors if that makes any sense.

The only thing that I'm not a big fan of is the dry down. It's just sometimes a little mature. Since this fragrance is subtle is not that big of a deal. A masterpiece indeed :)

It took me a while to accept it. It's a complex fragrance, very unique. One of my favorites. Worth trying.

coffeecat17
coffeecat17

Soft...yet makes it's presence known. Transforming...I can close my eyes, inhale and in my mind I'm in a different era. Love it!

milklizard
milklizard

This is so powdery and soft! Its very creamy with some light florals. Its beautiful.

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

OMG! This i love. At first when i put this on for the very first time i didnt know if i liked it. It didnt smell like anything i owned. very unique. it almost smells like a gloomy day to me. like rain. its warm yet fresh. something thats very complex. Try it before you decide against it. i know i almost said "heck no" upon my initial spray. but now i own a large bottle of this and will always own one.

lemontreelime12
lemontreelime12

I really wanted to like this, its an interesting scent, but after a while I just did not like how the fragrance changed on my skin.

sunnyshine

Just want to add what is writen on the box:
mandarine d' italie
galbanum
lentisque
encens de somalie
benjoin du laos.

what on earth are all these????? :o

laurajulietk
laurajulietk

What I love about Infusion d'Iris is how uncomplicated it seems compared to many modern fragrances. The notes blend together in a way that just makes sense; they aren't competing against each other for your attention. When I initially smelled Infusion d'Iris, it was as part of a fragrance sampler, and I was a bit underwhelmed compared to some of the other fragrances. But even after I'd picked out a full size bottle of another scent, I kept going back to the Infusion d'Iris sample.

For me, the overall impression is refined elegance, but with a touch of masculinity to keep things interesting.

eve30
eve30

My favourite!!! Fresh clean and chic!

1nov
1nov

Very beautiful fresh fragrance . I love it

pbluberry
pbluberry

I really love this one. I didn't really understand what balmy meant until this. It has an unusual smell, almost like the old school 3 flowers crap gansters put in their hair but kinda familiar in a good way. lol

pisces3774
pisces3774

I have a friend who used to wear this and I didn't like it. It smelled sort of cold, not cuddly like I prefer. I tried and tried to place the memory, Infusion was something I had smelled before. Then it came to me. It smells just like Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo did when I was a child. The original golden-colored, no tears shampoo. They changed the scent years ago to a yucky fruity smell, but I digress. The fact that it reminds me of the shampoo of my childhood is definitely not a bad thing, but I decided Infusion wasn't me.

Recently, I stopped to spritz it in a store- just because it had been awhile and I've learned a bit more about what I love in perfumes. I realized that I really love iris perfumes, and iris notes. So I spritzed. I stopped and breathed in deeply. It just smelled lovely! I feel like my taste has changed a bit and now I really love Infusion. It smells so fresh and soft and powdery. It's easy to wear, and yes, I get a bit of "cozy" now. I may have to go ahead and get a full bottle.My mini is getting low...

meutia_hnm@yahoo.com
meutia_hnm@yahoo.com

i love the scent, it's really soft but long lasting and really works on my body chemistry...

hipchicagomom
hipchicagomom

When I initially sampled this, I immediately thought it smelled way too citrusy and tried to wipe it off on the seat of my pants. Less than 10 minutes later I smelled my hand again (to see if it still stunk) and it smelled WONDERFUL. Powdery, feminine, elegant, with ZERO trace of the citrus. I really couldn't believe I was smelling the same perfume I had actually wiped off minutes prior. I couldn't remove my hand from my nose. It made my heart sing and I NEEDED it in my life. Now when I spray it, it's not offensive and doesn't bother me in the slightest, because I know heaven is just around the bend. Lasts several hours on my skin, however sillage is very soft. LOVE!

ammebirds
ammebirds

Wow! This is a real love/hate scent, isn't it?
I'm two hours into a spritz on the elbow and so far, like it very much... loved the initial burst of ozone, and now I like the powdery, clean dry down... its a nice change from all the over-sweet florals and fruits out there.

tellesnovaes
tellesnovaes

Muito bom,esse perfume traz sensações de calma e aconchego .As notas de íris e as amadeiradas são as mais intensas.

Adela7
Adela7

really distinctive. wasn't sure how i feel about it the first time i smelled it, i thought the iris note was too loud but now i see it blends together nicely and has quite a personality.
if i try to describe it the word "cold" comes to mind. don't know why.

Rianna
Rianna

Beautiful, unique, expensive smelling. A real favourite. Clean and dreamy.

liiva
liiva

Very different from all fragrances what I am used. I like, but my boyfriend don't like. This fragrance can to call forth headache for him. :(

mymuse77
mymuse77

This fragrance has become my favorite, and I'm a fragrance nut. Its top notes are delicious, then as it settles down a bit it's softer and sweeter. Finally, the Iris remains, but it picks up an element of my skin in the mix that makes it floral but mellow. This EDP lasts for as much as 12 hours on me, and will fill a lot of space around me. I ADORE this fragrance, far more than the Absolue. I'm hooked on the original!

It starts with strong note of bitter orange,which is almost unisex and leads to the woody,iris center of the perfume.the first notes reminds me of Max Mara le parfum,but soon it separates it's way from the other similar perfumes.the balmy accords and vetiver are very touchable to my nose.
totally it smells unisex and as I see most of female perfumes,with touch of masculinity are very popular here in fragrantica.
the long lasting power is good on my skin,but it stays really close to skin.it'd be suitable as the day perfume of a sophisticated woman working in an office,but not something I fall for.

Florecita4
Florecita4

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, ABSOLUTELY LOOOOVE IT! <3
I bought it a couple days ago. Firstly, the lady who works in the perfumery recommended it to me, so I tried it on my wrist and went home without buying it. I wasn't sure whether to buy it the next day, but somehow I made a decision and bought it, and let me be honest with you, it was a great deccision, since I fell in love with Infusion d'Iris Prada perfume. :)
It's perfect, believe me, absolutely perfect perfume for autumn... It's sweet but not too much, it's warm, it's fresh and instantly you put it on yourself, you will feel amazing, happy and ready for a new day. Longevity is very good too, at least on my skin.
I'm in love with this perfume, I love it so much that I even put it on my wrist before I go to sleep, because I fall asleep with a smile, cause it makes you feel happy.
You won't regret buying this one, it's a little expensive, but worth every penny. :)

hawkinsk3
hawkinsk3

I've been wearing this for a few years now and repurchased it several times, and I have yet to grow tired of it (which is highly unusual for me). I have the soap, lotion and a gargantuan bottle of the perfume. If I could bathe in it I most certainly would. I love everything about this fragrance -- it's clean, fresh, intriguing, and appropriate in any setting and season. I've actually had to take a break from it recently because I was wearing it so much that I could no longer smell it. I think it became part of my DNA.

I've only ever worn the EDP, and just recently bought the Absolue version. I hope to never get tired of this scent.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I smelled this fragrance recently and thought it was awful. I like neroli but this fragrance smells stale, unappealing and grassy.

Gabi310
Gabi310

Probably the most complimented fragrance in my collection. It's warm as the autumn light, soft, subtle and powdery. Perfect for fall when one needs some extra warmth in preparation to the approaching winter. It always makes me feel elegant and mature, dignified and somewhat different... It is definitely not an attention-seeker but perfect for any daytime activity. Great longevity especially if sprayed on a scarf on any other piece of clothing.

sparris
sparris

Been very curious about this but after smelling it on paper strips I have to say it may well be the most unpleasant experience I've ever had, perfume-wise.

It smells of hairspray, and nothing else. And not in a "I detect some hairspray here in among other notes" way but like I took a can of hairspray, put the nozzle to my nostril and sprayed. While inhaling. A chemical, noxious, poisonous smell to me. The hair lacquer of days gone by.

And I so wanted to like it. Sad face.

Oh and, the hairspray was still there after I left the strips outside on my balcony for DAYS. Awful.

@RugosaAlba

After 2 days I have to admit... I agree with you this frag is not for ppl with weak stomach, really. I got this sickness everytime I wear this when I have not enough sleep, or when I have to travel a long way by car.

What a shame cuz I really like this frag :(

This is too good!

I have to agree with milamilamilamila, d'Iris is a unisex frag. From the bottle design you might think it's for women but the scent, inspite of it's calm and collected tone, was solid and powerful at the same time. You can imagine a tall lady in white suit. She looks sophisticated with a pleasant smile. She talks slowly while looking at you with those powerful grey eyes, and you just can't help but got mesmurized.

As minutes pass by, I feel much stronger for this d'Iris lady.

RugosaAlba

Almost death in the bottle. Very concentrated, very strong too.
Take 24 fabourg: strip the florals, strip the musks, strip the amber, strip balms, strip whatever makes it alive, you will be left with wood chips, mastic, suffocating, airless iris on the background. It's not a perfume it's a virus. In that respect it's unique.
I found that Hermes Kelly Caleche has exactly the same representation of iris plus other things that make it delightful.

milamilamilamila
milamilamilamila

Incense and Iris are dominant from the first spray to end hour. Love the incense and iris, so calm and mature with feminine and masculine war from other ingredients.
Masculine sence for a woman, I believe this is a unisex fragrance, or a confuse fragrance which too manly for a woman and too feminine for a real man. Prada character's noticed, this is one of prada smell, expensive smell.

RugosaAlba

Ok, I used the last couple drops of Prada Infusion d' Iris yesterday to spray on my wrists just to write this review.
I wondered again,
Why did I buy it then not long after it was launched?
Because of the reverence for Prada.
Because of the tastefully made bottle.
Pure transparent liquid and it's smell matched so perfectly to the design of the bottle, which had almost sterile look. And the color and texture of the cap expressed the essence of this perfume as no other description could.
I also bought it because at that time iris root sounded new for me.
All I knew about Iris root was that it was very poisonous.
I also bought it because it was not mainstream " girly" fragrance.
Clearly, it was a very "mental" purchase. I know I will avoid mental fragrance purchases in the future.

Also what I have learned about iris that it's not for people with weak stomach.
Inhaling iris root in the perfume makes me experience the same feeling of the fast gaining of the altitude while on the plane or in the elevator. It's a lift for sure but of the stomach content. Let's call this particular effect noble.
Another issue i have here is how insipid this fragrance is on my skin or even sprayed in the air. I would assume it could work as deodorant and a cooling agent on women whose skin generously emits some womanly smells or oils.
My skin is very neutral, dry even, infusion d'Iris does nothing to it, with all it's woodsiness.
I would reserve this iris concept for the uber beautiful soap, maybe candle.
Alas, not working for me at all.

mayandra
mayandra

I'm a blind buyer, and this is one of my riskiest blind-buy considering the price. And when I got it, first I wasn't sure and kinda regret it because this is nothing I had bought. In fact, this perfume is nothing I had smelled before.
The first note I smelled was citrusy one, but then bam! it was very balmy and I wasn't sure I liked it because it gave me a little headache. But then it dried down quite quickly and I loved -- and still do -- that soft, powdery, feathery light smell. It relaxes me.
And the best thing is, it's long lasting and smells very good on my skin (I have a warm and a bit oily skin, and I live in tropical climate) which is very rare.
This is a perfume for someone who's confident, yet reserved; elegant yet effortless; and doesn't try to impress anyone but herself.
Anyway, for some people it smells a bit grandma-ish. I agree, but once you hit the dry-down, it's everything but old lady.

Fiferstone
Fiferstone

I tried this at Ulta today, and 3 hours later I can still detect the powdery drydown on my wrist. Top notes to me were unremarkable (but then again someone had tried Marc Jacobs Dot next to me, and I think that overpowering chemical fruit was all I could smell). It develops very nicely and definitely has a vintage or classic-style complexity, no fruit in this one at all. It has zero sillage but very respectable longevity. I think when my vintage Helena Rubenstein Heaven Scent is gone (which I hope will be the day before I die ;-)), Prada Infusion d'Iris may just take its place. I find the two very similar on me, will have to check out the structure of Helena Rubenstein Heaven Scent and see what if any notes are similar between the two.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

A lot like Chanel 19 but thankfully I can smell it for a longer period of time!

Finally I have my green perfume! Strangely enough I don't find it too powdery or super fresh.

I get dirty iris, small amount of citrus, spice and vetiver. I also get that smokeyness from incense. Its very multifacted on my skin, and I love that I can actually smell it 8-9 hours later.

I can see this one always having a place in my wardrobe.

A superb scent. Rich, classy, elegant and sophisticated. A lot like the Eau de Toilette-version, but this one is a bit deeper, more longlasting and more fresh. Timeless, so I think both younger and older woman can wear this one. I love the mandarin, iris and insence mix, it so soft and mild, yet intensive in a good way. On my skin longlasting. Basenote gives a light wiff of powder.

En superb doft. Rik, klassisk, elegant och sofistikerad. Ganska lik Eau de Toilette-versionen, men denna är lite djupare, håller längre och mer fräsch. Tidlös, jag tycker denna passar både tjejen och kvinnan. Jag gillar mandarin, iris och rökelse-mixen, mjuk och mild doft men ändå intensiv - på ett bra sätt. Håller länge på min hud. Basnoten ger en liten fläkt av pudrighet

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

a very lady-like and beautiful fume. it took me time to love and appreciate it since i tend to like more dominant perfumes, but using it always makes me feel introvert pensive and somtimes even gloomy.

hunterblu

Mandarin, Benzoin, Iris, Galbanum, Incense, Cedar and Vetiver...I light dusting of Orange Flower over it all. It is perfect. I find it to be very unisex...a clean, powdery, smokey, green and dry fragrance with a hint of citrus and floral. Soapy but in the best way possible...I never get tired of smelling this. I am in love with Infusion d'Iris!

pansylady

Day 1: This is a soapy iris with a touch of orange blossom- subtle, but very nice!

Day 3: Reminds me of Insolence eau Glacee- one of my favorites- but a little less potent-

It's really starting to grow on me- and I love the fact that I get little whiffs of it all day long, especially with activity-

I can see why this fragrance is in so many fragrantica wardrobes!

Thanks again, CL, for the lovely gift!

Jarrah
Jarrah

I absolutely adore Prada's Perfumes, Only problem is...they never last long on the skin. I have to keep on spraying and refreshing over and over again throughout the day. Not Worth it!!!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I understand why a number of folks don't like this scent. It does need to be refreshed and it doesn't have a lot of depth. It has a very "dry" drydown. It can smell like iris stalks left in the sun to dry. This is a smell I frankly like, but many may not. If anyone knows of a more complex iris that still has this sort of dry cool feeling I would love to try it. I am ordering samples of other iris perfumes.

Nevertheless I really like the basics of this perfume. For the moment, this is my go to perfume for hot, humid days when I want to feel cool, dry and above it all. Infusion d'Iris is an Edwardian lady moving slowly through her garden in pale, almost transparent linen, smelling the irises, secretly rubbing the blooms on her wrists and then walking by the man she wants to impress with her head held high and a hint of a smile on her face as the iris sillage wafts over him.

7thgenerationtexasgrrrl
7thgenerationtexasgrrrl

bought this perfume and wore it a couple of times thinking, that based on all of the rave reviews I'd read, I would eventually "get" and love it like everyone else. I didn't and, to me, it smells like a cross between soap and bug spray.

5354alice
5354alice

This is maybe my favourit fragrance, absolutely the one I wear with much pleasure as in summer, as in winter. It opens with a fresh and almost unisex notes, then come up the iris, sexy, fine and feminine. I think this one could be good for day and night, work and dates...absolutely lovely!

AlexandraM19

If I want to smell clean and pretty, I wear Infusion d'Iris. It just smells expensive. Sometimes I just go into my bathroom to smell this gorgeous stuff. I love that it's such a soft and understated fragrance but it speaks louder than most of my other perfumes combined. Wear this and you WILL get compliments.

mystica
mystica

This is the best *clean* smelling scent I know of and can recommend. It smells quite classy like all Pradas (and am truly trying to give an honest feedback based not on the brand but the smell itself).
That would be an ideal scent for work.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I know I've done a review in here somewhere but this review is to pay respect to white. Your review is certainly only one aspect of this fragrance but I love it and it's closest to my heart. Lovely review. This is an amazing favorite fragrance of mine and you surely did it justice. I'm sorry I've already chosen a different perfume today. To be sure, I'll wear this tomorrow!

On me this fragrance smells more light and not orange citrusy notes mixed with the incense note and the galbanum note.

Actually, I don't like this fragrance.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Im a proud owner of a 400ml bottle :) i blind bought it because the price was good and i thought i had nothing to lose, i could just swap off decants or sell it. Upon spritzing and dabbing i was utterly unimpressed , the notes were fleeting and this bland cologne top "perfume" was just well uninteresting, i liked the bergamot and mandarin top, the iris to be honest is bare minimum, all in all for an eau de parfum it certainly smelled too fresh and none of the darkness and oriental i like. the drydown was beautiful it had that paper cardboard vanilla most noticeable in L'artisan Vanilla Absolutement but it wasnt satisfying. Fast fowards a couple days, after suffering from a headache from Tom Ford's Arabian Wood (very good though) and feeling grubby in warmer afternoon, i decided to give my bottle great big splashes down my neck, BYGOSH this is great as a cologne, the citrus intensifies but still maintained that mellow dreamy toned down woody concoction, im a fan of dreamy woods, and to find a cologne style dreamy woods is a big tick in my book. I doubt my bottle will last long, it will probably replace the blarish citrus cologne during summer.

anosmia
anosmia

What do you do when you fall in love with a BEAUTIFUL perfume that has very low sillage and lasts for hardly 2 hours??

Me??? I splurged on a 200ml bottle !!!!

vintage_scent

This is a beautiful perfume. It is youthful and a bit vintage smelling at the same time, and dries down in such lovely phases. Each time I smell my wrist it smells even better than before, the most beautiful iris I have ever encountered.
It's like lying on a bed of the most beautiful deep purple irises, powdery soft. This can be a very addicting perfume...
It is pure perfection

Jan246
Jan246

i like this, but don't love it. way too powdery and sweet on the dry down. after trying to love it, i finally gave it away to a friend.

scenturian
scenturian

Starts similar to Infusion d'Homme and through the mid-notes changes to Chanel 19 Poudre.

Repogirl

I really really wanted to like this based on the reviews. I have tried it on four separate occasions and hated it every time, sorry to say. It has some strange synthetic something in it that I just cant get away from that ruins the whole perfume for me.

I am a huge fan of clean, soft, fresh, soapy and powdery fragrances but this just smells awful on me. I am really disappointed as I wanted to love it so badly. Maybe it smells great with someone else's chemistry but definitely not mine.

millacald
millacald

I just can't get enoough of it...
I have tried nearly every possible Iris avaliable (apart from Lutens' ISM - shame!) and I've always wanted to find my perfect niche IRIS - slightly green, a bit earthy, balmy, with insence and strong woody base - the one that smells like spring forrest wrapped in the fog in the twilight... I adore unexisting now Iris Pallida from L'Artisan - I could never forgive them for Limited Edition(!) and enjoy Bois D'Iris from Van Cliff and A.. But Prada Infusion has each note I love in perfume, and its warm and alive...Maybe someone could suggest smth for me - I would be so happy to try new Iris!!!:))

Vampiris
Vampiris

I got this not long ago, like it, a very unique iris scent..fresh and really clean, a bit soapy..smells very neat

my MIL tried it today and it blends with her skin even better..very elegant, feminine and clean..so i gave it to her..

it is such an elegant scent..doesn't suit someone like me who is after a fun and sweet scent..

Aspendina

how does this not have caramel in it? its so soft, sweet, creamy and lovely.

Aprilily
Aprilily

This is beautiful! Soft, clean, and the epitome of femininity. Cool and powdery at first, with just a hint of cedar later on to warm it up a bit. Wearable any time of year and any occasion. Love it!

fahad.al dowailah
fahad.al dowailah

This smells exactly like johnson's baby shampoo. But i still love it.

The Swedish Girl,
I couldn't have said it better myself! :)
I just received a sample of this in the mail today and
of course, I am going to order some ASAP...it's wonderful!

LesleyA
LesleyA

Dear Beatrix75,
Hi there!! Who knows? I probably was hungry. :) I was just sharing something I found odd and interesting about this fragrance. Sorry if I offended. I tested it several times, as i have a huge sample vial, but every single time I have it on, I'm reminded of a smoky, slightly oily smell. Faintly. Maybe "bacon" is a little bit too literal and silly, but it does spring to mind. :) My husband agrees too. He wears Infusion d' Homme, and the bacon aspect certainly doesn't exist in that fragrance. Perhaps the cedar/vetiver/insence/benzoin combo is a little strong for my floral-loving nose. Lol. I'm just happy the EDT offers a little less wood, so I can enjoy a version of this pretty, classy concept! :)

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This is truly a magical scent... modern, but with a vintage "black and white movie" - feel to it.

Powdery and "purple". I smell a bit of "black" in it to, perhaps liqourice?
Very "makeup-y and lotion-y" scent...

Soft, in- offensive and yet very sexy and mystical.
Love at first sniff...
It´s damn expensive in Sweden though. :-(
But it will be mine, some day!

jordy0119
jordy0119

I remember the first time I smelled this fragrance...it was in a magazine on a trip to the Bahamas. I couldn't get it off my mind. It truly smells like a spa or a fresh clean shower. The iris is such a unique note, and Prada has really captured it. Although it is a clean scent, it is pretty heavy and almost masculine. I actually have sprayed on the men's version as well, and they are so similar I couldn't really tell the difference. I think this is one that should be tested before purchasing, as it's not for everyone. But if you want something unique, fresh, clean, and interesting...this is it.

gokilyku
gokilyku

I love to wear it for winter days!

jadkins81
jadkins81

Smells lovely in the bottle or on tester, terrible on red heads! I mourn..... If I wear it I seriously smell like a trash bag.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

This is a classic!! Cannot be without it! Salty, smoky, classy, quiet sophistication in a gorgeous bottle! Love you Prada!

beatrix75
beatrix75

I love the smell but for some reason never bought it and now I am very happy that I got the scent i looking for a long time ago !!i love this feminine soft powdery iris smell elegant frech and everithing i want from sooo love forever!!

harini_20
harini_20

This is such a crisp, modern scent!!!! The vetiver base is little masculine but still luv it!!!! It's perfect for day wear!!!! The bottle looks sooo classy!!!! It feels very fresh!!!!!

katemcq
katemcq

Gorgeous though understated. Perfect for a summer evening wedding as long as you're not the bride. Drydown is amazing but scent stays too close to the skin (and nose stays velcroed to the wrist it smells so good - woods and deliciously smokey powder and neroli). Longevity is just ok. Still a well balanced classy beauty. Not a "warm" fragrance - there's a touch of starched formality.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Love it! Soft clean powdery scent. Extremely pleasant.
Gentle powdery notes of iris with clean fresh African orange flower and cedar, unbelievably amazing. For ones that don't care so much for powdery frags, this one is actually quite toned down and bearable in that sense. I read many great reviews and it definitely delivers on it's promise. Quality scent for anytime wear. Not the greatest longevity 3 hours and then reapply. The good part is, that it is excellent choice for daytime, office/hospital scent.

Magica
Magica

I love this perfume so much. The very first time I smelled it, it instantly reminded me of baby shampoo, so some people may not find it that exciting. But it has other notes in it that make it an adult fragrance, not just a baby shampoo scent. When I first spray it, it smells so light and pretty, I don't know how to describe it. It's floral, but not at all a strong overpowering floral. I'm typically someone that hates strong florals and I get an instant migraine from them. So if you're like me, don't let the name 'Iris' scare you off.

Once it's on my skin, I still get the same opening notes with a little of the orange notes. Then once it starts wearing down, some of the incense smell peeks through. The benzoin is also just as prominent in this as it is in Prada Candy, or maybe slightly less prominent, but still noticeable.

Since it is such a light scent, it doesn't really trail like other perfumes, it can really only be smelled when you're really close to the person. It lasts quite a decent amount of time on my skin, at least 4 hours.

brettashley
brettashley

When I first tried this, I was underwhelmed, to say the least. Nice, but it faded quickly - chalked it up to something everyone else loves and moved on. But then a sample showed up in my order, so I decided to give it another go.

Put simply, this is a beautiful scent but it isn't going to scream for your attention. For me, the citrus is prominent only in the beginning, and then I get a gorgeous, powdery iris with a little warmth from the benzoin. The incense and cedar are barely there for me (a shame, since I like woody scents). This is great for those days when you just don't know which perfume to reach for.

Perfect for warmer weather. Also brings a little of that old-world glamour, when soliflores were all the rage. (Can you tell I sometimes sit around pretending to be a Victorian noblewoman?)

Aspendina

gorgeous bottle, beautiful scent or should i say totally delicious, beautiful, lovely, delicate and heavenly. I am so in love with this and I am about to reach 70 scents I so do NOT need to love another scent right now, dang u Prada!!! However I do own Prada Candy and I do feel that this so very VERY similar, so I may take it from my wish list since I have Candy.

desertrat

LOVE it! It is clean but anchored in a richness that keeps this old soul from being confused with a light weight. A self-actualized woman of sophistication and means wears this one and affirms her discernment for quality. On lesser souls it would come off as high quality soap. Not for the untamed heart as it would lack notice. Not nearly enough nonsense for girls gone wild. However, for those who have arrived - mentally, physically, and spiritually, absolutely DIVINE! Bravo Prada!

Denica
Denica

I love most of Prada perfumes, and i love iris, so i couldn't wait to get this one in my hands. My imagination drew such a beautiful picture of fresh, fragrant, big and purple irises, under the rays of the spring sun.
So, the shock was huge, when i sniff... a simple barber soap, from those who use grandfathers (or at least my grandfather).
I don't find nothing classy, feminine and attractive in ''Infusion d'Iris''.

AnnikaMK
AnnikaMK

It took me three tries but I bought it, I kept being haunted by it I guess. This is both light and strong, feminine and masculine, fresh and not. Everything you will smell after this will be too cheap, sweet and generic, trust me!

hunterblu

Chloe Love also works really well layered with this but go easy (1 spray) as Love tends to overwhelm the softer Infusion d'Iris.

hunterblu

So I ran out of Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP last week and found a 13.5oz bottle, with an 8oz lotion, two bars of soap and bathsalts all packaged in a beautiful Prada box online for (after coupon discount and free shopping) $102! I know this fragrance is not cheap in the department stores but if you search online you can find some great deals...

I am so terrified that I will end up disliking this fragrance because it is all I have been wearing for almost a year now. To mix things up a little bit I have been playing around with layering and mixing Prada Iris with other fragrances and I just wanted to let all you other Infusion d'Iris lovers know that this one mixes delightfully with dSquared's He Wood and dSquared's She Wood both. For a fun twist on my fave (and so I don't bore my coworkers) I have been enjoying those two combinations. I am wondering if any of you have some other suggestions for layering? I am a 30 year old male but I have absolutely no fear or qualms about wearing "women's" fragrances (obviously), so I am open to any all suggestions.

I wish they would stop labeling fragrances for specific genders so everyone could just wear what they enjoy without feeling societal pressures to only smell like certain "appropriate" fragrances!

Sorry for the mini rant...

Please feel free to suggest any fragramces you feel would work well with Infusion d'Iris EDP, EDT and Pour Homme (as I have all).

Thanks
And here's hoping Prada never discontinues these stunning fragrances!
hunter

nananessa
nananessa

This is such a beautiful fragrance! It's clean, almost soapy, soft powdery iris. I want more longevity for this price, though...

cmeeme
cmeeme

Iris and vetiver, that's all I smell in this fragrance. It starts out with a very strong, in-your-face iris that thankfully starts to fade, slowly after about an hour. And that's when the vetiver kicks in, and keeps getting stronger. By the end of the day, all I can smell is the vetiver and if I sniff hard enough, a very faint iris. The plus for this fragrance is that it seems to last forever and it's got great sillage too. My relationship with this fragrance is one of love and hate. One day I'll wear it and love it and another day I'll wear it and have to take a shower and change clothing in the middle of the day...

babybleau
babybleau

I love this fragrance-so many people stop me to compliment me when I wear this-it is so unique and fresh smelling. It does smell very powdery and soapy, but those are the things, that, when mixed with the lovely iris notes, make this a stand-out perfume. Surprisingly, the quality in this relatively inexpensive choice. Very green and somewhat woody, it wouldn't be the choice for those who prefer musky or sweet, but for those who seek unique, fresh and surprising fragrances, this would be an excellent choice.

karmas
karmas

I do believe I have found the perfect balance in this perfume. It is clean / powdery, but also woody and floral. The other thing about this one is that it has a simplistic feel while being very complex at the same time. Its like good design in liquid form. It does not "seem" to last long to me because after a while I dont really notice the smell anymore, but other people do, and every once in a while the beautiful smell wafts up to my nose and reminds me that it is still there. So I guess what I really want to say is that it is subtle, and elegant in its siliage and it does indeed last a while, especially if you layer the body lotion and fragrance. I absolutely love it and I havent gotten tired of it yet which says a lot because I normally will not use the same perfume 2 days in a row. I have had this baby on for about 4 days in succession so far. This is a winner for me!

Marie76
Marie76

I basically drink the stuff. I go through bottles and bottles of it. Ridiculous. I can't smell it on me anymore, but I can smell it in my clothes. It's very fresh, but there's a a layering and warmth to it you don't get with fresh perfumes. At the beginning, I could detect the incense in it, not anymore, although it stays in my clothes a bit. It's clean, but sophisticated clean. It's timeless and elegant. It's not complex, but it captures you, I know to other people that are on their "third and counting" bottles. I really hope they never discontinue it.

outofocus

I've read somewhere that in an interview Daniela Roche-Andrier, the nose behind this perfume, said that she was allowed by Prada to use more expensive components than she is generally budgeted by other clients. And also she stated that other fragances components can be easily spotted as "cheap".

Well, she must for sure know what she's talking about: after reading this, I have begun paying attention to this "cheap" factor, I guess too many fragances are lauched in the market.

hunterblu

My signature scent. I have been wearing this for 2 years now and have found in the last 6 months that out of my 36 fragrance collection this and Infusion d'Homme are the only two I've worn. When I first smelled the Prada Iris fumes I liked but did not love...over time though I have become completely obsessed. It is all I ever want to wear anymore.

The Iris is nicely cushioned with a bed of cedar and incense. It smells so unique, so fresh, and light yet heavy at the same time (if that makes sense). I deepened most modern fragrances all smell similar, either citrusy, aquatic or sweet. Very synthetic. I love that there is nothing else I have smelled that is even close to Prada Iris. I hope they never discontinue this. I love all the flankers as well. Each is perfect for different moods and occasions!

rosecat
rosecat

Love this! I have the bath salts too, it's classy & elegant. Powdery, green, ris, sweet too with citrus inflection, more like lemon than mandarin, on my skin anyway. Like you have stepped out of the shower, then wearing freshly laundered clothes. It's lasting power and projection is fabulous.

ivan.vusurovic
ivan.vusurovic

so powdery,so iris!i have the bigest botle they make(think its something around 700ml if i m right),and everything from it:bath cristals,linen water,candle(half a kilo monster-did you ever sow designer perfume candle in this size?),everything!so lovely!!!

kl99
kl99

Picture Impressions:
A sad elegant woman. left by her husband into a rainy day in the 70s. Still waiting him into her house garden. Here her perfume, a not too modern version of madame rochas under sugar, the favorite parfum of her depressed mother. Here it comes the chorus of incenses, on time to conclude her life. to late to save this Prada fragrance.

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 6/10
Overall: 6/10

A lovely opening of iris, vetyver and a touch of orange blossom. In about 20 minutes the vetyver/green notes fade down and Infusion d'Iris develops into a soliflore, bringing out a nice powdery iris. It's very clean, very mature and the vetyver really brings out the iris without making it smell "old."

This fragrance stays closer to the skin and is, in my opinion, a very intimate fragrance. As it's less common in perfumery than rose, jasmine, ylang ylang and maybe even violet, the scent of irises I find to be sensual.

On my skin, it will last about 4 to 5 hours which for such a light scent is not too bad. The bulk of the strength fades fairly quickly but a good layer still floats around, which is nice.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This is the perfect scent for the spring weather.I am transported to either:
- a dewy place in the woods surrounded by humid air and wet leaves, amidst a few sweet flowers.
OR...
- Inside the Roman museums and around Italy. Walking amidst grandiose pieces of architecture and smelling palm trees and flora sweeten the dry, hot air. This is an 'old world' type of scent, bringing you into a different time era.

It changes on my skin after several hours into more of a cedar-incense combo...which is amaaazing. I love cedar... and I can still smell a glimpse of it even after 6 hours.
If you wear the EDP with the matching lotion, it makes this a much better scensory experience because the sillage is amplified the way it should be. While it is still a skin scent, it is made glorious and the lotion lasts the whole day because it is much stronger than the EDP in my opinion.

Cashmere4ever
Cashmere4ever

Just received my 5 ml bottle in the mail from an ebay purchase. Blind buy. Wasn't quite sure what to expect other than my choice to buy it based on reviews here.

Never judge a book by its cover is the catch phrase for this scent. The bottle is very plain and upon removing the cap, all I could smell was my uncle as he was getting ready to dance the night away with my aunt at the legion, way back in the 70's! Wow.. quite pungeant (sp?)… but I thought hey… might as well give it a try… Let time be the true test.

I applied some and sure enough, at first I smelled just like Uncle Vic!!

But… what a wonderful relief and pleasant surprise after 15 mins or so… it really does soften with time! Smells fresh and clean, like a warm summer breeze next to the lake and comforting smell of a luxurious, high end soap.

I'm sold!

Hlyusha
Hlyusha

this is *so* sexy! my favourite perfume of all time, it lasts really well, and is different to all the other perfumes out there that people my age seem to be wearing. the incense is really intoxicating - it makes me want to sniff myself all day!

cecila
cecila

WOW! Todays' reviews on Infusion d'Iris has made up my mind on my next purchase.Adding PRADA to my collection will take on a life all it's own. Enjoyed reading a lot of the reviews. Some of the ladies are connoisseurs and I am learning a lot.

To welcome spring/summer with PRADA IS DELICIOUS.

fleurdelis44
fleurdelis44

When i first unscrewed the lid to take a whiff, all I could think of was "soap." The powdery notes clogged my nostrils, making the subtle citrus slivers undetectable. Within the first hour, however, all the positive allusions from the reviews I'd read made sense. It is reserved, veiled, contemplative in an alluring way. The artificial-smelling soapiness gives way to dewy, creamy herb notes. I associate this with lying on a fresh, white linen-covered pillow, listening to the sound of a steady spring rain.

Pusur
Pusur

I am totally addicted to this one. Amazing. Interesting. Original. A lots of scents nowdays smell: One for all, all for one ;) This one is really remarkable. But for sure scent is for these ones that appreciate something different, something which is more then sweet, easy, or over commercialized. Bottle... Elegant and giving you feeling of... ``Long time ago, in the last century, when Coco use to sit in Cafe Lutrec``etc.

cespitogo
cespitogo

I love its scent on me, not to overpowering on the nostrils. Clean scent with a subtle sweet tinge of Iris, it blends perfectly with the woody base. I also have the lotion.

Lolalemon
Lolalemon

I know this is a huge favorite... Sigh. Here goes...
I've been wearing this all day trying to figure out what it smells like because I *know* this scent ... And it was from my childhood. Wracking my brain trying to figure out what is it that it reminds me of.
There's some Jergen's similarity too--- but it smells just like
AQUANET!!
I swear this is aquanet minus the alcohol and shellac. Aquanet and Jergens-Which kills it for me.
PS-- i just did an internet search and I am not the first person to find Infusion d'Iris smells like aquanet. I say this with total sincerety- many people loved aquanet for it's fragrance.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Infusion d'Iris is a fresh woody floral fragrance. Smells very clean and fresh, like after showering using expensive hand-milled soap. Very classy daytime fragrance that's not overtly feminine, very soapy without the sharp, detergent smell, Infusion d'Iris can be worn by men as well.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

Whenever i wear this i get compliments.Its such a timeless smell!

pomdgf
pomdgf

You should try this one. Very simply and elegant but the way that this smell working on me is extraordinary. I got it last month but nowadays every night I just only wear Infusion d'iris. My co-worker compliments this for a whole week .

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

I'm actually a little surprised by this one! I have tried it before, but always when I've been out fragrance shopping and have a few others up and down my arms. Yesterday a sales assistant gave me two tester vials of Infusion d'Iris (two also of Infusion d'Homme ... you could've bowled me over ... such largesse from SA's is not to be found much anymore!!) and I thought I'd give this one a bash today.
I applied both vials (3mls in total) and far from this being heavy on the sillage, it has been chugging along steadily all day, giving me lovely little wafts of cedar and incense ... which I like :o). I get mostly Cedar and Incense with a touch of Vetiver from this ... more like an old fashioned barbershop cologne than an Iris frag ... but it's actually very pleasant and non-commital ... I just smell clean and fresh. LOVELY for a hot summer's day like today.
As always, however, my problem with Prada is fiscal. Their latest offerings are far from gasp-worthy and I could probably get the same effect as this from a bottle of 4711 at a tenth of the price. I'm not sure I can justify spending Prada money on what amounts to a very nice EDC ... even if it is touted as and EDP. That doesn't, however, change the fact that I've really enjoyed wearing this today! I'll try the Infusion d'Homme tomorrow.

outofocus

I tried it yesterday, out of frustration because the sampler of Prada Candy was totally empty (I guess I know why...).
And as is mentioned below, I was not expecting what I smelled.
First, I dont know what the smell of iris is, but I guess I do have an idea now. But that´s not the point, the point is that I found a sort of "modern vintage" fragance, I do not know how Prada accomplished that. Modern because it is interesting to use, floral but not common, it could give the wearer an edge. On the other side, I could remember the simple flowery scents my dear Grandma used to wear and like, I guess this perfume would have been for her too.
Just give this frag a try!!

jaguar13
jaguar13

I'm crazy about Prada, it seems to me so sophisticated!!! I think that this smelling is for subtle kind person. And it influence on men. It works!!!!

Lilyfey
Lilyfey

Mirunacatowl, you shouldn't blame D&G, the perfume is actually made by Prada...I think this is a very pleasant fragrance for spring and summer. It's amazing together with my cucumber shower gel and body lotion! so fresh! But it seems that this lovely perfume can smell very different on people. My mum and I usually have the same taste when it comes to perfumes, buy she really disliked it... :S

Blackirish
Blackirish

This is one of thee most elegant classy soft inviting. Perfumes of our time!!i do not make much money at my job but every winter I indulge on a bottle of this.the kids that I work w/ love this and tell me how nice I smell.people will tell me I smell so nice.its such a soft clean sent.does not overpower at all.after a day at work when my husband is close he says how pretty I smell.its worth every single sent if you are looking for a sent that fits all occasions.i don't find it sexy but I do find it femmine.it has a very powdery smell but not like baby powder.more of a hot shower & clean dry skin w/ a fine sophisticated powder.its so wonderful.it really is like a sent of heaven.

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

vicka16, you are not alone! I hated it from the first to the latest sniff. Had the same sensation of cheap, sweet, strong fume. I was almost about hating D&G only for this!!

Whit

I know I've already written a review of Infusion D'Iris, but I'm really in love with this scent. The iris is smokey, slightly powdery and the wood notes stand out on my skin too, but it's still feminine. This is just so romantic and heavenly smelling to me. So far, Prada seems to really agree with my body chemistry. I own this one and L'Eau Ambree and I would love to add more Prada to my collection. Infusion D'Iris is clean and fresh, but has a certain sexiness to it; it's not a "dirty sexy", but more like a "sophisticated, elegant sexy". I think it's safe to say that I'm hooked on Prada.

vicka16

I guess I'm the only one here who didn't like Infusion d'Iris. I was planing to order this perfume, but was in the store and decided to try it on the paper (thanks god I didn't spray it on me!). The first time I snifed it it was so strong and heavy. So I put it in my purse to smell it later and see how the notes blend together. 1/2 hour later it was the same stinky, heavy, cheep, nauseous incense smell.
I noticed a lot of people call it clean, modern, fresh scent. For me it was nothing like that but completely opposite. I wonder why?! Is it my nose, or maybe the perfume in the store was too old, rancid?

leaudecoco
leaudecoco

This is what a real perfume should smell like... I'm in love with it.
It smells so clean & elegant.

Shydaniels
Shydaniels

Subtly seductive. Every time I wear it, someone tells me I smell good.

fumelover
fumelover

This is very fresh going on. I ADORE the opening. After some time though, it turns to straight baby-oil on my skin. What I mean by that, is that I could put that very popular baby oil (we all know the name) on one arm and Infusion d'Iris on the other, and no one would be the wiser.

In the end, it's not complex. Just pleasant and I can achieve the exact same effect by slathering on some baby oil before I head out the door.

shoreshells

I know I wrote a review before but I just want to say this fragrance is still one of my favorites. I never knew I liked the scent of Iris before this fragrance. The longivity is wonderful and the perfume is not overpowering. I think it's perfect for any season and any weather or time of day!

Whit

I'm still new to Prada; the only one I own is L'Eau Ambree, which I adore. I tried this today while I was out and about and I must say that I am growing quite fond of this frag. For some reason, and don't ask me why, when I smell this I picture a very elegant, statuesque, nicely coiffed Frenchwoman from the Victorian Era wearing this scent. I guess because it smells so romantic and soft. To me, the iris is the most predominant note and I can pick up on the nuances of incense and wood. The dry down is kinda soapy, but in a good way. Normally this would be a turn off for me, but man, it smells so luxurious. I am almost out of Ambree, so I might try this one when I run out. So elegant and romantic, this is now on my "want list". This would be so nice for spring, when all the flowers are blooming with their wonderful fragrant appeal.

UPDATE: I bought the body lotion a few days ago and I'm really loving it. The lasting power is terrific, even for the lotion! I could smell it on me the next day, even my clothes too. I'm kinda surprised that the dry down really isn't as "soapy" as I thought it was; it's actually somewhat woodier on me, which is a good thing. I'm needing to dwindle my collection, but I think this would always be a staple.

Raisac
Raisac

Got it for myself a year ago for Christmas. So nice! It's powdery and very delicate. I don't think it can ever annoy anyone and it smells expensive, even luxurious, but it's not heavy at all. It's suitable to wear at any time of the day. I was addicted to it for a long time which is unusual for me. ))

Radiant_smile
Radiant_smile

I purchased this perfume after Christmas as a gift to myself. It is becoming my new signature scent, not because it is the most beautiful fragrance that I have ever experienced, but because the scent is distinctive and easy to tolerate.

The first time I tested this fragrance I wondered why Prada would put out a perfume that smells like a Marguarita. (I make mine with fresh lime juice, and Cointreau which is a liqueur made from sweet and bitter orange peels and pure alcohol.) Following this overwhelming first impression, I sampled it again. Finally, the uniqueness of the the perfume as it morphs through its different phases sold me.

The initial citrus and alcohol sensation is followed by the aroma of incense, and finally the somewhat balmy, and skin hugging scent of benzoin and cedar. (I hate to admit that I can't detect the iris when they are my favorite flowers and I have grown them for years.)

I asked my husband what he thought of the scent after it had dried-down and he affectionatly kissed my wrist. That must be a thumbs up.

This is definitely a unisex scent, somewhat reminicent of an old barber shop.

This perfume does not have great sillage, but it will linger most of the day on my skin.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Luxurious and elegant, this is a perfume of high quality and originality. Soapy, balmy and clean, it gives your skin a soft yet powerful touch. It's a bit masculine but I love that. Minimalistic, wonderful vintage bottle and great lasting power. Overall, a very special scent for fall/winter.

ERW666
ERW666

It smells like salt for an instant then you are only left with a high-end guest soap scent.

stella-00
stella-00

I love this one. And i have never heard anybody saying smth negative about it ( with me wearing it , - may be they were afraid ;-))ha. ) It does not 'offend' people noses like Guerlains, 24 Fabourgh, Hermes Rouge do.... I have this perfume for every day use, mostly work, business, formal visits, meetings, - all like that. Very clean, clear smell that creates nice'superior' aura around the wearer. It adds on confidence and makes u sound persuasive :-)) For me it smells very elegant, expensive and true- to - name Prada. I would not put this perfume to a category of 'seductive' perfumes.
Sillage is average, on me lasts @ 3- 5 hours, needs to be top upped. If to spray just washed and dried hair- last till the nxt day. love it! it is a 'permanent resident' in my collection, and always will be.

Takhaet
Takhaet

Wonderful. I honestly dont think its an unisex fragrance. In my opinion it is very sexy, feminine perfume. It is light and at the same time very deep and original. Powerful, refreshing and long lasting -on my skin anyway .
I can also smell a little bit od mint at the opening I dont know why because there is no mint in it but i love it!

nanbri2531
nanbri2531

In the 80's I wore a perfume called Galore by Germaine Monteil. It was actually launched in the mid 60's but was a little to young then to wear it then.... lol. This cologne smells so much like it. As soon as I put it on it brought memories of big hair, disco and huge shoulder pads. I loved that fragrance then and I love this fragrance now. I've decided to make it my Christmas gift to myself this year. Peace, Love and Happy Holiday's everyone..... :)

Lynn-zg
Lynn-zg

doesn't have anything oriental woody as it is described.
it smells like a plain iris in a flower shop. quite old fashioned for a scent. more like a proper fragrance for those scented papers that are put in a closet.

Weird...is this really perfume? I love iris and was very excited to test this. I can only describe it as watered down flowers, not even iris. I couldn't smell it on me whatsoever after only 5 minutes, and I sprayed two very strong, heavy sprays on the same spot on my hand. I find Prada's fragrances in general to be weak and disappointing. I'm not sure why I expected different from Infusion d'Iris. What really boggles my mind is that I think I saw in the database that there's an EDT?! I can't even imagine!

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

Weirdly enough the packaging of the perfume which lists the notes doesn't mention Iris at all.

debgrae
debgrae

Yay! Woo Hoo!! I very pretty but earthy fragrance that does not bother my allergies. Someone compared it to "expensive soap" - I agree. The orris is very noticeable and I love it. However - be forewarned: try it on first. It is very different.

rinatalove
rinatalove

I love exctly the men's one. Clean, fresh, cooling...

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

As much as I recognise its qualities, this perfume made me depressed when I was wearing it the other day. Some mentioned it's introvert, and it really is. It's actually introspective. Not my current taste.

Marilie
Marilie

This is my everyday scent. It suits every weather and every occasion - at work, out with friends, family visits and so on. When I go away for only a few days and can't take a number of perfume bottles with me I always reach for Infusion d'Iris.

I think what makes it so adaptable is its non-obtrusiveness. It has got a fresh neroli top note, an elegant, powdery iris heart note and a woody base note. I still have to find someone who doesn't like this scent.

The staying power could be better but I always layer with the matching body lotion (which is also great btw). I get roughly 5 hours out of it.

(This review is for the EdP)

Museumgal
Museumgal

This always smells very classic to me, something I'd put on my shelf next to Chanel. Not that they smell at all the same but they have the same classic feel. The opening notes don't linger long, but that doesn't concern me because I wear this one for the wonderful powdery iris that I feel defines the scent. If you don't like powdery scents this one is definitely not for you -- it goes powdery very quickly.

Germany

One of the best scents ever created, it's clean yet warm, it's earthy yet fresh it's powdery and sweet yet elegant and simply FAB! My all time favourite smell along wit l'eau ambree and Candy by Prada. These are just real good smells rather than just perfumes that smell up a room. They stay close to the skin and are ,well skin scents, natural, elegant and earthy ! Prada has figured it out!!!

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

oooh I want again, so badly ! What a gorgeous organic smelling raw beauty... greens with just a touch of poweder, love this stuff! Elegant!

talnyc
talnyc

This is a very nice, warm, fall/winter scent. It is not too sweet or heavy. Just right...It gives you a nice pick-me-up kind of feeling. I love the bottle and it a very clean, but warm fragrance.

Soft, flowery, powdery, elegant. This is truly a perfume that can be worn by all ages. There is something about this scent that is very modern yet somewhat vintage at the same time. It's a linear fragrance with the iris note very predominant, with just a touch of incense.

ivyheel
ivyheel

I also found this in a discount store and could not resist. Truly, I think I have found my signature fragrance. The first time I tried this perfume a year ago I just could not get it out of my mind. I don't think any scent has ever made such an impression on me. This is soft, dry, powdery, clean, quiet, comfortable, and sophisticated. There is not much more I could ask out of a perfume.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

This was so not on my radar, despite the fact that I do like iris, because of reading so many dismissive reviews; thank heavens for the local discount shops! I ran across a 3.4 ounce bottle of Prada IdI at an irresistible price, scooped it up, promptly spritzed it on at home, and found a new perfume to keep in rotation. It is delicate but not insipid at all. Utterly intriguing and satisfying. I adore the touch of subtle incense in it, and the iris is entirely convincing. It simply smells gorgeous and is clearly composed of really nice quality ingredients. The cedar is genius in it, as it underlines and unites the whole composition without asserting itself distinctly. It's rich yet subtle...A skin scent that won't project much, but one that people close to you will notice, and one that is pleasingly uncommon in nature. I will sleep in this also... Downsides: expensive outside ye olde discount shoppe, needs fairly frequent reapplication on me at least. Upsides: absolutely bang-up top quality scent, subtle but distinctive, rather sexy in its own way, and perfectly unisex.

blanketbay
blanketbay

Absolutely gorgeous. This perfume is rather quiet and introspective - not sweet or fruity or loud in any way. It says sophistication rather than maturity. Starts off with a dry, slightly smirking floral, then dries down to a lightly smouldering incense and wood scent with enough of something green to give it energy. Lasts for ages. Not much sillage, but there's no chance of overapplying it.

pdxhb
pdxhb

Infusion d'Iris is nicely complex - I LOVE the blast of the green/crisp opening. In the first half hour on my skin it goes through many phases including a medicinal or chemical note mentioned by some here and some soap and then sweet iris. Then the drydown gets somewhat heady and powdery with a strong sillage. It lasts and lasts - 12 hours later I still smell trails of it in our house and on my skin.

I may have found a scent that's actually a little too strong for my style (unbelievable considering what my favorites are) and yet, this is something of a guilty pleasure. I tested it once and then, the next day, was compelled to test it again when I caught a whiff of it in my computer room. It's silky in the powder and a little cool and attention-grabbing.

As much as the level of powder may not fit my identity, it has really inspired me to try other Prada frags. I love the depth and complexity of the scent. It's both modern and timeless to my nose and I sense a foundation in the composition that is promising for great quality.

If you like green, powder or iris I'd recommend testing this.

If anyone would like the remainder of my test vial, I would be happy to mail it out complete with the Prada envelope in which it arrived. I only have used it twice so there are certainly wearings left - send me a PM!

EDIT:
The sample is gone to a swap. 9/28/2011

sehaman
sehaman

Ooh. Love this one. I had been looking for an iris scent (I adore that note) that didn't contain rose (which I really dislike). This is perfect. It has great potential to become my every-day perfume.

I live in a very hot climate - not sure how it will hold up - but inside in the air-con it is beautiful. I see myself wearing this all fall, winter, and early spring.

I love how it is flowery without being cloying - totally agree with those who felt like it could be a unisex fragrance.

It doesn't make me feel particularly sexy (I don't see evenings happening with this one) - but as a sophisticated daytime perfume: I am in LOVE!

LittleRed
LittleRed

I sampled this, loved it, then when I first bought it, all 6 oz worth, it was too powdery on me, so I avoided it for a year. I thought: at least the bottle adds a refined quality to my perfume tray.

Then one day, I dared to spritz it again, and voila! The lightest and airiest of dried citrus and florals land on my skin. It still has the softness of powder, but without any cloud, grit, or choke factor. After the top notes ebb, I am left in a light mist of iris and fading incense - tender and pure, quiet and understated - truly elegant. It settles like fine silk on the skin, always moving effortlessly with you.

Infusion d'Iris is perfection every time I wear it. It creates a gentle, ethereal aura around you. It is sheer and translucent, and displays a surprising longevity.

smellgoodhallie
smellgoodhallie

I think this fragrance smells absoultely goregous. It has that sexy musk but that earthy sweet as well. I do not have like it with my body chemistry but I've smelled it several times on paper & still dream that maybe it will smell the same on me but doesnt :(

Aredore
Aredore

I used to wear this fragrance all the time - I really enjoyed the bitter rootyness of the iris note. Then I smelled it on someone else.

I recognized it immediately, but on this woman it smelled stale, harsh, dusty and chemical - a little bit like Windex. Then I began to notice those aspects of the fragrance when I wore it; the stale, the bitter, the sour notes I was suffering though to enjoy the usually exclusive scent of iris. Infusion has since fallen out of favor.

cdz28
cdz28

This is one of those fragrances that you either love it or you hate it. I think it's a lovely fragrance on my skin.....it's a clean, fresh scent. A nice break from all those heavy and overwhelming perfumes out there.

Turtledove

So I tried a sample of this, and before I even put it on, I was instantly reminded of my grandmother, and not in a comforting chocolate-chip-cookies kind of way. It did smell a little bit better on my skin, it reminds me of my boyfriend's shampoo, which isn't exactly pleasant, but comforting. It's very soapy and powdery, although more salon-hairspray-cloud-soapy than fresh and light soapy. There is a hint of the spicy cedar it's supposed to have in there somewhere, which would be nice if it weren't overwhelmed by the powder-soap smell.

It isn't loud, I can give it that, and if you like powdery scents, then maybe it's nice, but it also might be difficult for a young person to wear this and pull it off. Although after hearing such good things about this scent, I think it may be just my chemistry that turns it so repellently to stale soapy powder and nothing else.

puppynose
puppynose

I find this too cold too sharp a bit of a dry powder aspect, not much dimension, boring, rather synthetic.

Repogirl

I have been dying to try this for some time now and saw it at Ulta. YUCK! It has a horrible synthetic smell to it, nothing clean or powdery about it. I tried it on several different occasions and I still hate it. I wanted so badly to like it but sorry, I find it horrible.

MyriamHM1000

Might be missing a high end vanilla note or even a whimsical dainty musky note - just to offset the baby smell. Seriously in hot 100F weather this perfume smells like, I didn't want to write this but, baby puke just cleaned up but you can still remember the smell even though you cleaned with clorox or somethiing.

I am thinking I should have gotten the one with orange in it.

MyriamHM1000

Have had it for 1 month. Overpowering on me but it turns into a strong baby powder smell.Not a fan of baby powder, I am single with no children. It does last a long time but I guess its the hot year round weather that doesn't give me the sense of freshness, sleekness, subtle baby smell, that I smell in the bottle. I am going to hold off until winter when it gets down to 68F to 74F, lowest 52F.

cor metz
cor metz

A lot of people adore this perfume. And quite right. But the only thing I really love the most is this:
when I go on my bike throu the grazings late in the summertime the dried hay smells the same as the driedown from infusion d´iris.

Cams
Cams

Very strange relationship with this one - when I wear it I love it BUT I hardly ever wear it! Worth adding to your wardrobe

dreambiology
dreambiology

really pretty but very powdery. the strongest in this is the iris (obviously by the name), but iris mixed with baby powder. i think this is a very classy light perfume and very inoffensive. I like the smell but have not decided if i will purchase after finishing the sample. might be too powdery for me.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is such a lovely discreet fragrance. The opening is bright with orange blossom, but the powdery iris quickly takes over, making it softer. It becomes a little bit soapy in the middle stages, but as it wears the more woody notes come in, I get cedar mostly. And there is a wisp of mysterious incense throughout. I think this could well be unisex.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

As a man who is familiar with the iris note in Green Irish Tweed, I can't help but feel that Infusion d'Iris is essentially the same note. I don't mean to imply that it's a copy. Just that the effect achieved by this fragrance matches that of the iris in GIT. Which basically means, Infusion d'Iris smells quite nice.

However, if there was ever anything that felt rather "one note," it's this particular Prada. Sure, it's been gussied up by soft florals and woods, although those are used with such restraint that the overall feel is - surprise surprise - powdery. I'm not certain the powder does the fragrance any favors. The detached, earthy coolness of iris certainly works in a powdery context, but here it seems a bit simplistic.

Nevertheless, this smells good. I'd try it, but even if you're a woman, I'd also try Creed's GIT. Iris is definitely a great element in both.

kgogadget
kgogadget

Everyone raves about this perfume, but it just doesn't smell very good on me. I can't figure out which note it is that clashes with my chemistry, but on my skin Infusion d'Iris turns chemical.

angel6
angel6

If you love Iris and elegant and soft perfums you will like Infusiond'Iris, I would say you could buy this blind and be happy because will not offend any nose around you. I notice for the reviews that some very young people find it a little too quite. I always get compliments when I where this perfume, highly recommended.

Wonderful! It takes you in a fairy tale world and makes you feel very sensual. I tested about 10 perfumes this week and this was my husband favorite :)

Elise1214
Elise1214

The female version of this fragrance does not smell very different from the male version-- you almost cannot tell the difference. At any rate, it is LOVELY! This is such a universally pleasant fragrance. Regardless of your typical preference in notes, almost anyone can appreciate this fragrance.

Keiki
Keiki

the first time i tried it i thought it smelled like medicine in the first few seconds. then i walked out ot the store just to have the wind lift the Iris angels to my nose and i went right back in bought it.
I can never stick to same perfume for long but this one i will buy forever and ever. I feel like a beautiful girl in Jane austin's era running in the woods happily collecting flowers. What a happy spring day this is in a bottle. A master piece. the cedar lifts up from time to time to remind you of the woods. what else can i say. i am in love

Taliera
Taliera

Beautiful at first: light, soft and floral - like a whiff of warm Spring air. Then it becomes really powdery. And then (I am sorry to bag a fragrance) this smells like household cleaner.

Anmo
Anmo

Not much more to say about this perfume. This does not smell really complicated, nevertheless Prada is Prada, so the scent is luxurious... but in a quiet, minimalistic way.
It feels modern, invigorating and indeed it is very appealing. I think this fragrance is almost universally flattering which means everyone can wear it as it is not very girly and not necessarily really 'grown up', nor masculine, etc.
It is so pure or i should say pure goodness! I think it would never fail as a gift.

jrova
jrova

Very clean and different. I'm really into citrusy and/or clean scents. However, after a while all clean scents smell the same. With that being said, this one is a unique one in the clean category. Might just have to ass this to my collection.

venclips
venclips

love this one! so clean, soft, calm, simple but unique. staying power good enough about 8 hours. suitable for any ages and day time.

Mebster
Mebster

Thank God i tried it first. Usually i like to surprise myself from buying unsniffed parfume online. But not for the expensive one of course ;) on me it's really powdery. Just like somebody put an opened cap of talcum powder in front of a fan. It made me hard to breath. Peppery powdery. Well it doesn't mean that it's bad. It's prada afterall, just not for me.

aray
aray

I had high hopes for this one but was very disappointed. Instant headache, way too much powder, not nearly enough Iris. Felt uncomfortably reminded of Liz Claiborne "Curve Crush", only this one went straight into my head and wreaked havoc, whereas Curve Crush did not. Very strange. Might give the EDT a sniff one day due to people saying it's way different, but for now, I'll stay clear of Infusion d'Iris, no matter which version.

UPDATE 24HRS later: My headaches are just now subsiding. I'm not sure what it was but this fragrance contains something my body considers as the ENEMY. Instant headache lasting ~20 hours - never seen anything like that. If you're sensitive, be aware.

bunny

I've already posted 3 comments on this, I know, but just one thing that I haven't pointed out enough:
A few hours after I put it on, it seems to have disappeared and I would believe so. However, another couple of hours later, the slightly sweet iris scent will come out again. Not too ostentatiously, just enough to remind you that she's there.

I finally got a full bottle today! And I've also got a 10ml roller ball as a gift. I'm sooo happy now!!!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I finally got to try this today. I have a few clean fragrances in my wardrobe, but nothing as wonderfully simple and clear as this. This is slightly fresh and soapy, with low sillage and relatively short life on me (2-3 hours). I think I prefer Kiehl's Musk for clean soapiness, but Prada's Infusion d'Iris is lovely. When I sprayed this I felt like I'd smelled this scent somewhere before. A few minutes later, *ping* the light bulb came on, it reminded me of Vosene shampoo! That is one of THE scents of my childhood, but is the reason why I won't invest in a bottle.

treenhe
treenhe

i have been putting off trying this because i knew i would love it and i can't afford it right now. then mara_g, lovely mara_g sent me a free sample in a swap. oh my word how i wish she hadn't! :) i loved it from the moment i put it on and now there's a gaping prada shaped hole in my collection and potentially a prada shaped hole in my bank account very soon.
i don't get any of the other notes in this except the iris but i'm glad about that because i love iris above all others. it is exactly what i was hoping it would be and although i haven't had it on long enough to judge it's longevity, at this point i don't really care....i *must* have it! if anyone has a bottle they want to swap for something else, pm me please. a classic in the making.

update: longevity wasn't as long as i'd hoped for; about 4-5 hrs which is pretty poor compared to my favourite bvlgaris. one surprise though, i adore moschino l'eau cheap and chic and this is a dead ringer for it. the prada is only *slightly* less sweet and doesn't last as long but other than that, bang on. i wasn't expecting that as people rave about the prada and seem very dismissive of the moschino. nowt as queer as folk.
oh man i am just so in love with this...if only it was a bit louder. my absolute love for iris based italian beauties continues.

Chaie
Chaie

I received this perfume today, bought it "used" on the Internet. I smelled it before Christmas, and never got it bought - but then i found it on the internet, lucky me - and the price was very low.

I have fallen completely for this fragrance, it's just so gentle, round and powdered - and it´s much better than I remember it from Christmas. I must admit it reminds me a little bit of Chloe Love - but this one is just better.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

I'm not a fan of iris or incense, yet this is a beautifully blended scent. Although I don't personally like wearing it on myself, it smells GORGEOUS on others. If the rooty iris note wasn't so pronounced on my skin I'd definitely pick up a full bottle.

This is a wonderful 'anytime' fragrance. Office friendly and evening friendly. Slightly powdery.

Fragrance
Fragrance

Nice perfume with woody powdery touch. If you are a fan of oriental woody perfume, Then this the one you can fall in love with...

RoseLover
RoseLover

I love this.
I feel I want to put Infusion d'Iris before I sleep in my bed.
It makes me feel confortable and calm my nerve down.
Soft, white and clean.
I love the tenderness of the touch.

DalaLuz
DalaLuz

I just jumped in on a great deal on this EDP without having smelt it myself. So my first whiff totally set my heart sinking... it smelt sharp, even cheap...

But this is just one of those scents you have to take your time to get to know. On my skin the notes developed very subtle and intriguing. Not just cool and crisp, but also warm, woodsy, floral at the same time, nothing too overpowering, each holding its own charm, like a beautiful landscape just ready to be seen as soon as you take time to notice.

Than it faded too fast... I was bummed. But on further examination I noticed that the scent actually did not fade that fast, when I moved around the house I noticed how it had pervaded the room. I love this scent.

It think it is actually very sexy, in a strong confident way. No need to bring out the heavy nauseating sweets, just that subtle whiff that makes one subconsciously want to come closer to examine it. Modern, classic, it's either because it seems timeless.

This could very well become my new signature scent, because it is just so exciting to wear and at the same time mixes in with all situations because it's so seemingly unassuming.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

Really disappointed me. I cannot detect any Iris, just

woody citrus notes.

bunny

I've been trying the sample for a while now. I just love wearing this to work.

I work in an office setting, and most of my collegues are male. Actually, at this moment, all my collegues are male. Wearing this, I feel so comfortable and confident. Confortable in a sense that it helps your male co-workers forget about your gender. Confident in a sense that it builds on your self-belief.

The more I wear it, the more I am able to smell through the soapiness and earthiness to find the iris, which gives me an amazing feeling.

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

oh i love this perfume in so many ways but i don't have a bottle nice light woody fresh fragrance well done Prada my summer scent defiantly

ujhb
ujhb

Well..this bottle is essentially full and currently acting as a paper weight for my stack of magazines. It is terrible. Think pine scented Windex bathroom cleaner spray. I remember removing the cap to it and just smelling the nozzle.... yuck!
I tried to set aside my first impressions and give it a spray on my skin.... what a terrible mistake, it is so heavily saturated with that bathroom cleaner scent, it's impossible to get off your skin... it lacks sweetness.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Hmm...I don't seem to be getting many of the notes listed above. I can't make out any incense, benzoin or woody notes. So I am surprised that it is listed as a woody oriental here.

For me it is a very light and fresh floral, quite soft and inoffensive. It's nice, but I don't find it stands out in any way. There's something in the drydown that smells to me a bit like Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo. Overall kind of a disappointment for me.

sunnyshine

fresh and clean like a spring morning out with your laundry ready to hang it on the ropes.

unfortunately it doesn't stay long on me... :(

bunny

I tried it on my skin the second time today, and it has taught me the irresistible devil in the meaning of Prada.

I wasn't sure about the earthiness and the soapiness I had last time, so I went to try again. I didn't put as much as I did last time though. I put a lot last time because I hadn't been able to smell this perfume it before when it was lightly sprayed on paper.

Yes, it's still soapy. However there's green, as that from the plants, in this soapiness. The devil part, though, is that I'm liking this green soapiness so much!

I didn't feel the earthiness this time, nor was I able to tell clearly the floral dry down. I think there might be two reasons. First, I didn't put enough on me and this is a very light scent compared to other EDP's, or even EDT's. Secondly, I'm feeling a little sick today, so maybe my body chemistry is not good.

======================================================

Update:

I know why I didn't have the earthiness and the floral yesterday. I wasn't careful and put on the Eau de Toilette intead! Today, I made sure I put on the Eau de Parfume. Yes, the earthiness is all back. Same as the floral! The floral was not too obvious though, with one spray on the wrist, and it only becomes noticeable after 5,6 hours. Also, the EDP actually physically cools your skin. It must have got a high alcohol content.

I guess Iris is not my kind of flower or at least I do not like this clean, rather sophisticated but just-not-my-thing, scent.

bunny

I wear this for pretty much the whole day today and it took me through a magical journey of scents.

The initial blast was just grassy freshness. Almost immediately, it turned into an earthy freshness. 5 minutes later, it smelled like some kind of soap. After another 20 minutes or so, it figured out a way to co-exist with my skin and the earthiness and soapiness are gone. What's left was an olfactory expression of a well educated or well read woman who knew what she's doing. At this point, there wasn't a predominate smell, because the floral was just about to start kicking in. Then the floral kept growing and growing, at an extremely slow rate. Eventually, some 6 hours later, it had developed into a mild floral you couldn't possibly find fault with.

I'm so glad that I put it on my skin. I know I will want to get it some time down the road. It's perfect for office settings, especially for managers or designated professionals, or someone who has some post-graduate degree.

movs
movs

Infusion d'Iris is an almost poetic scent. There's something fragile, airy and romantic about it.
It stands out among most of the floral scents these days because there are no sweet notes in it.

To my nose it's almost pure iris with only a touch or incense. It's a very powdery and dry perfume - in fact it almost reminded me of chalk.
It's pretty and discrete, with no sharp notes, so it's a safe choice for any occasion. The sillage is nice without being overwhelming.
I would describe it as an elegant classic floral.

Unfortunately I found the scent rather linear and got bored with it very quickly. It simply didn't develope from the minute it was sprayed. Personally I like a little more dept and excitement, but all in all a nice powdery floral.

In 3 words: DISCRETE - POWDERY - CLASSIC

violeta67
violeta67

It's very elegant perfume.It doesn't triger my allergies and it makes me feel balanced and happy whenever i smell it on me.I have chosen to wear it dyring spring and summer but why not all year round?
Poli omorfo aroma.Enthousiasthka poy to brhka giati mporo na to forao xoris na enoxloumai kai na enoxlo.

vasiliki
vasiliki

telio aroma sikato kai ekentriko mazi, mia poli kali epilogi gia to kalokairi, mou ferni sto mialo eikones
mesogio notia italia ellinica nisia...idietero lepto enas sindiasmos apo to parelthon kai to simera .

sabina
sabina

fresh scent, clean, elegant, fragrance does not seem to last long on the skin but whenever you move you're within this wonderful smell!

Ancora
Ancora

I was kind of disappointed with this scent, because all signs were pointing to my loving it. And I did, initially; I found it sophisticated and intriguing, albeit a bit "old". The problem is, it didn't develop. At all. It only went flat on me. And didn't last, I might add.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

Infusion d'Iris is surprisingly unisex! a fresh mandarin, a very powdery but not sweet at all iris, a warm resin (galbanum) and a very smokey undertone (incense) is the first impression i get. then it turns very woody with cedar and vetiver. the orangeblossom is just a subtle hint in the background. i can still feel the galbanum mingeled in the woods followed by the warm aroma of benzoin and incense on the base.
to me it's a quite linear scent. it doesn t change much from top to bottom and i can detect the whole notes of the composition straight away from the beginning of the journey with this perfume.

the perfume smells very intense and natural but it's not strong and stays very intimate close to the skin! very sexual and subtle for man or woman. i wouldn't buy it because it's no sweet. but it has class and it smells expensive for shure.
it has a nostalgic vibe to me, somehow, it reminds me of old letterpapers, written with ink.....

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I love this scent so very much. I am so lucky to have a wonderful scent replica of it,it smells amazing,and I have a taste of such a fine thing, even though I have so little money.

This scent is creamy,fuzzy,green,beautifully powdery,soft,alluring,for me it is very warm,and somehow crisp at the same time.

There is a gender free spirit here,this scent would smell divine on women and men alike. This creates a soft cloud of powder iris,resin and a little smoke for me too.

nicesmell66
nicesmell66

Had to try this perfume based on the good reviews I read. Have to say that it was a great dissapointment. Was hoping this would work with my chemistry and maybe be my new spring/summer perfume, but all I could smell was something close to babypowder! After a couple of hours I can still smell this soft scent. Smells great on others, but unfortunately not on me.

diana_d
diana_d

smells quite unisex to me, on my skin it's green-powdery-leather, and the iris is barely there. The lasting power...there's almost no power

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

Infusion d'Iris is very special to me: it is more or less the exact copy of a vintage perfume that my mother wore when I was a child. I still remember the scent... maybe this is what started my passion for perfume actually!
This was my mother's favourite perfume, and it really suited her. It was called "un air embaume". It was discontinued in the early 80's and she never found it again. She is not really a nose, and was not really bothered about what fragrance she wore after that: mainly fragrances that she would get as a gift. But she was still trying to find again "un air embaume". She managed once to find a half empty bottle of it in a car boot sale. She bought it, but needless to say, the perfume was "off".
I tried to source this for her on the net, to no avail. Then one day, miracle: I smell this new Prada, and I am taken back to when I was 3 years old and my mother was getting ready to go out. Next time I went shopping with her, I took her to a perfume shop and got her to smell it. Initially, she agreed that there was a good similarity with her beloved Un Air Embaume but was non plussed about it. She bought it nonetheless, and it is only when she started wearing it that the full beauty of the fragrance, and the striking similarity with her vintage scent revealed itself to her.
She has been wearing nothing but this fragrance since then.
The great reviews about this scent are a testament to my mother's great taste. I am not wearing it myself as it is "her" scent, but if this had ot been the case, I would no doubt own a bottle of it.

fanny
fanny

Absolutely fantastic scent, so light and sophisticated... But after one hour or so, it fades away into sheer nothing.
I can't stand that!!!

In utter frustration I sold my bottle on the net and in the same minute ordered a 100 ml bottle Infusion d'Homme without testing.
To my surprise, luck, and what have you, it turned out to be the perfect solution. The male version is practically the same, (I know, I still live in a cave) and it lasts 24 hours on me.

Yihaa

chrischourma
chrischourma

Infusion d'Iris is the best of Prada. Yet, I cannot understand the whole fuzz about this.
After I saw the commercial, I run to the store and tried this, with big expectations.
It was nice but nothing seemed so spectacular after a few hours passed. Very short lasting and too district to my taste. Yet, just iris?
I should add that this is perfect for those who do not wish to show off wearing a perfume in particular.
Good for office wear? I do not know, there should be a place with no smells in particular so as to distinguish this very very fine and ultra delicate scent.

My review, Part 2:

First, the following from Tigerlillian's review is one of the most eloquently descriptive things I've ever read in a review:

"Infusion d'Iris is so ethereal. It clears the slate as soon as you apply it. Like a tonic of sorts that neutralizes everything else that might be weighing on you . . ."

Beautiful!

I've been sampling this off and on for weeks. It wasn't so much love but admiration at first sniff, but something I couldn't cast aside. Been trying to decide how I feel about it. Now I have.

Iris has grown on me, and is something I want at my disposal, but will only wear once in a while, because it is a very, very specific fragrance experience, that doesn't take its place in the background of my day - No, it takes center stage of my day, dominating my every thought!

But as I said before, it is beautiful, and something I want around.

Also, does it remind anyone else of the beach?

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out as a sweet, warm, slightly powdery iris with some moist flower notes as well as the dry orris-root ones. For several hours the scent stays fairly linear, with an extremely gradual transition to a slightly woody, powdery iris with an increasingly strong ambrette-like musk.

I was out in the cold and snow while wearing this, and as soon as I came into the warm house the sweet iris-musk sillage popped out in an absolutely gorgeous rush. Although this is a quiet, understated scent, it has moderate sillage and lasts at least 8 hours. It’s one of those “workhorse” perfumes that I feel comfortable wearing anywhere, any time. It won’t offend anyone, although it probably would be noticed by others, at least on an unconscious, untraceable level. And it smells pretty darn good. Infision d’Iris will go into my rotation of “work” perfumes.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

I see this fragrance suiting the characters of Kathryn Morris (Cold Case) and Poppy Montgomery (Without A Trace). Yes, I love my criminal investigation shows, and especially those cool, smart and stoic women who barely crack a smile throughout the whole episode--but when they do, it reveals the carefully guarded tenderness within.

Infusion d'Iris is so ethereal. It clears the slate as soon as you apply it. Like a tonic of sorts that neutralizes everything else that might be weighing on you--almost like the effect of an astringent-free floral toner that you put on your face after cleansing it, rebalancing and calming; the delicate silver foil lining of a cloud.

Infusion d'Iris doesn't suit me though as its stunning coolness is borderline intimidating on my skin. Images of The Matrix's Trinity and Constantine's angel Gabrielle come to mind too.

I found my aloof iris in Gucci Eau de Parfum which has a little warmer dimension. Infusion d'Iris is more for a porcelain-skinned beauty in my opinion.

This is an amazingly composed perfume however (double entendre intended) and I look forward to sampling more of Prada's line.

orangeLil
orangeLil

Original? for sure it is! yet it slightly reminds me of Light Blue in its vibe. It starts with a violetty aura like powder-scented notepaper.

It lingers in a dreamy sort of way, very spiritual and cool.

Its a featherlight wispy perfume, like chiffon.It makes me think of ballerinas in lavender-coloured tutus and silky pumps.It's really hard to understand descriptions of it, but, once you have worn it, the irisy-violet talcum powdery notes are very memorable.

Every time I wear it I wonder why I don't wear it more.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Another gift from my sister!
Stays with me all day long and somehow makes me feel like I could overcome all the dificulties of a hard day of work! I feel invincible, elegant, mature, secure. All I can say. A living proof that a scent can really change your mood!

BIG
BIG

all the way UNISEX! smells clean, fresh and very unobtrusive, BUT i wouldn't buy it since it's a very subdued and quiet fragrance.

wingz85
wingz85

Compared this fragrance to Burberry Brit Sheer and Issey Miyake L'Eau d Issey today and I am strangely drawn to the iris although I still like Burberry. Its a very faint fragrant, isnt it? Very soft. I definitely can smell the flowers there although I think I need more time with it. I just ordered the mini bottle tho, lets see how it works with my body chemistry...

Edit: Got my bottle today and it smells weird on the bottle almost like the kind of fragrance my grandma would wear and its very concentrated it sticks to the back of my throat if I smell it too long. But after I applied it on me, it smells different. Its light (which I love) but I don't think I can smell the various flowers yet...

candymarie

The perfect antidote to the sweet and synthetic sameness that's taken hold of the perfume industry.

As far as what it smells like, I agree with HollyCat below.

Beautiful! Must be sampled to understand.

yulianna01
yulianna01

Miraculous scent! It's so clean, innocent and at the same time mature and self-confident. It's not naive syrupy-frutty-flirty fragrance. It tends to be classic, but in its special modern way. The smell of it gives me the association with leather gloves, gentle cigarette smoke and a lipstick... It's my next purchase definitely!

Ah...I've bought it today! No doubt - it's one of the best classical fragrances that can be worn in spring!

jaa456
jaa456

If the Queen of England wore Nag Champa this would be how. What I mean is its a its earthy and elegant. Great scent for a grown up hippie like myself.

babsyfish
babsyfish

A few years ago I got a large decant of Infusion d'Iris. At the time, I had just moved into a house that had a whole side-garden filled with magnificent, towering purple irises, and I was delighted to discover that the blooms had the sweetest, most heavenly scent. Naturally, I was expecting that smell when I got my sample, so I was a little disappointed by the unexpected earthiness. (I've since learned about the whole rooty-rhizome thing.) In fact, I did not like it much. It smelled very masculine to me--and still does, to some degree. (And who knows, maybe there was a mix-up, and I did indeed get the male version!) Nonetheless, something about it grew on me. I could not stop sniffing at it. I could not stop wearing it. It tends to radiate off of my skin..gently wafting up...caressing...seducing. It's truly a haunting scent. It is deep, earthy, wet, and powdery fresh all at the same time. It reminds me of the way the forest smells after the rain. If it is candied springtime butterflies or fainting florals you want, this is NOT it. This thing will not stay put in a dainty little vase. It is neither shy nor brash, but very, very sensuous!

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

I wore this a few years back for my son's spring wedding. It was perfect in a subtle beautiful way.
I think it is one of the best Prada fragrances ever.

orangepoppy
orangepoppy

DELEATED IN PROTEST
- Taking a stand against Fragrantica’s editing

Gillie
Gillie

Strange, strange transformation. I sprayed this on a testing stick and was repulsed by a burnt plastic smell. Was it me? Was it the stick? I had my husband smell it and he said:"This is interesting. This is intriguing." Tried again,still the plastic. I sprayed on my wrist. One hour later I smelt nothing, nothing at all. He still said, "I like it: it's intelligent. It's intriguing."

2 hours later. On the stick I smell spice, benzoin, what must be cool Iris, as I have not smelled it before--aromatic. On my wrist I smell neroli , gentle incense and I think iris.

This is the first iris I have tried--and it has been a very interesting experience. I think I might buy this--I certainly would like to try it again.

Edited to add: I left the tester stick next to the computer and have been smelling it for two days. It has dried down to a mysterious soft sweet almost unearthly scent. My husband was right: it is intriguing--I couldn't stop referring back to it as I worked. I have now ordered a mini bottle. I only hope it smells as lovely on my skin...and lasts.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Essence by Narciso Rodriguez and Prada infusion diris smell very similar!

Everything is so balanced that it is difficult to pick up specific notes. Completely fresh, relaxing and interesting, but it fades within an hour, and for the price I'd rather have some lasting power.

I much prefer Chanel N5 Eau de Premiere or Après L'ondée.

bliss
bliss

For me, a fragrance you can wear any time. It makes you feel clean and fresh, like you jut stepped out of the shower. A little soapy, but fine, expensive soap!
If what you want is to feel soft and clean and inoffensively confident you should try it! I don't think you can go wrong with this one at any age or any season.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

This smells so good! It's light and airy more like a splash than a perfumes. It's a bit powdery, and clean, not sweet at all. This makes me think of something pure angelical, innocent. This is perfect for occasions when you want to smell good but not like you are wearing perfume. Great for spring, summer,fall and even for winter. I would call it versatile. I agree with previous reviews that it resembles Chanel #5. It most be the orris and neroli combination since these are the only listed notes that this two perfumes share. A would call it a modern taken on a classic!

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

A most unusual perfume. More like a whisper. Soft, soft, powdery soft. Madison Avenue. The smell of wealth. Ah, benzoin. How I love thee. My all-time favorite incense captured in a deep, whisper of a fragrance. Lasts forever and ever. I am still asking myself, "Is it best to wear at home alone?" or is it more meant for a day spent with a lover snuggling under the covers? Maybe to work? Church? Love you, Iris...but haven't quite figured you out.

mjb28
mjb28

I was looking forward to smelling it on several counts. I love iris scent and I'm always thinking about this perfume. Today, I had the chance to ask for a tester in the perfume shop...I just can't stop myself from buying. Why? Because...It is very fresh, slightly flowery but mostly a dreamy wispy, light citrusy scent. The lightness and the type of tender veil, sensual and strong, that envelops the body and the clothing of the woman who wears it. It is a fragrance you won't be tired of smelling. I absolutely love it!

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I sprayed this on my skin not knowing what to expect. I waited..I smelled..and i fell in love. A beautiful scent. Super-feminine. This is how a beautiful, confident, elegant, woman should smell. Soft and simple, yet straightforward. A slightly sweet, powdery smell with a balanced, not over the top, earthy base. Stayed on skin very well, a beautiful flower to make a beautiful perfume.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Although I see fruit in the ingredients, I can't smell any at all, thank goodness. It is a soft, cool,grey iris smell through and through, with a hint of incense which doesn't take over at any stage. It lasts a long time on my skin - bonus! This is up there with Jicky as a personal favourite, and you can smell they are related (the coolness?); they both ooze class and refinement. I would highly recommend this scent.

Edit: I have worn this perfume a lot in the 8 weeks or so that I have owned it, and I fall more deeply in love with it every time I put it on. It is the most long-lasting perfume I have; it seems to soak into the pores of my skin and its aura wafts around me again and again. I love wearing it to bed too. This is perfection encapsulated.

Jicky has moved to 3rd place behind this and Comme des Garcons Incense: Avignon.

K3ll3Y
K3ll3Y

I agree with dimitra.z - it reminds me of a modern No 5. I got a sample of this and as the day went on, I kept thinking, this reminds me of something. It is a beautiful fragrance but too close to the skin. I wish it were bolder but not over powering.

Very fresh, but again too light.

dimitra.z
dimitra.z

Love love love <3 <3 <3
Actually when I first sniffed it I hated it! But you have to give this perfume a few minutes to develop,to see it's brilliance.
It smells soapy but very sofisticated and I love that.
A woman smelling "clean" yet "perfumed" is very sexy...
ask a man.

for me, this is the modern (and much better) version of chanel no5.

shoreshells

I love this fragrance! It's my everyday, all season fragrance, my "go to" fragrance without a thought. I even bought the purse spray! It makes me happy when I wear it and that's means very much.

xanman
xanman

Yes, so many great reviews that aptly describe this wonderful fragrance.Mysterious,innocent and haunting all came to mind when I applied this one today. That and newborn baby.. Alot has been said about this one reminding some reviewers of a baby scent;baby shampoo,baby soap even bady diaper ointment was mentioned. To me this perfume is a dead-ringer for the way my newborn son smelled while being breast fed. (Too much info?Sorry!!) Sadly, this beautiful essence disappeared right after we had to switch him to formula. Though I just sampled it today will be asking for this come Valentines day. Why would I want to smell like a newborn? Thats two-fold. Probaly my most favorite scent on earth and brings back extremly happy memories of being a new mother.Thankyou

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Wow!So many reviews!
This is a seriously good composition.
It is not my style, but I totally understand and respect its ingredients and structure. I

I wouldn't call it an iris-scent.This is a green-chypre.
Fresh neroli and citrus fruits, warm vetiver and incense, dry cedar. Tres chic.

This is my "no19". Not similar at all, but pictured in the same mindscape.

hollycat

I wouldnt call this perfume a oriental at all. Its more of a floral green. Its starts out sharp, herbal, and citrusy and then wears down to a clean, fresh, powdery iris scent. Always maintaining a quiet herbal character thoughout. I think that this perfume is perfect for summer as I find it to be refreshing and cool rather than warm.
The insence is there but I find it very hard to sniff out. If I didnt know it was a note, I would have never guessed it was part of the composition.

Great for those who dont want to smell perfumey. Good for the work place because you cant possibly offend someone with this.

It has a soothing aroma. It would be nice to have on hand for days when I need to induce a sense of calm.

Longevity is good on my skin.
Its hard not to like this one.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Oh I did it again, I judged the wrong perfume, the EDT version instead of the EDP!! Could they be more confusing.. Do not make the same mistake as I did,I m glad I finally discovered the EDP of that perfume! This is one of the nicest clean powdery creamy irs scents I have, and I nearly have them all...!! It s a little bit like Bois d'iris from TDC but without the BOIS:)and a little bit like Iris Pallida from L'artisan without the Blueberry but still a nice cold creamy Iris Pallida is used in here and it melds wonderful with the incense and the vetiver .. A great addition to any Iris lover and surely an every day office fragrance, I too get many compliments when wearing it!

TillyWave
TillyWave

This is a scent of 'withouts.'

Infusion d'Iris is fresh without being overly soapy, powdery without being cloying, woody without the dryness. Oh, and the floral notes. A soft floral thread running through the whole composition. Best of all, I do not have anything else that smells like this does.

Two comments, though. I do not know why they needed to makean EDT of this, as the EDP is already perfectly subtle. I would not want this to be less strong than it already is.

Secondly if you are a woman who only wants to smell like flowers and candy with sugar on top, this one is not for you. This scent is easily worn by men or women (as are many great fragrances.)

TankGirl
TankGirl

I had to try this one because I was curious if it was as good as people say. I dont want to sound annoying but I cant find anything special here :S In my skin is a linear, soapy woody fragrance, that I find really similar to a lot of perfumes that I tryed before. I like simple perfumes but I was expecting something better from prada, like Melancholy Child said this is very classic and very aristocratic, yes it is, but when I see a Prada fashion show I always imagine the models wearing somethig much more feminine than this :( bah

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

This is a really nice interpretation of iris. It is clean and soapy and pretty, yet masculine. If you like iris, this is one worth checking out.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I came across this one while cleaning out underneath the bathroom sink... I forgot wut a gem this one really is, as it is surprisingly dark and smokey in its dry-down of woods and incense although rather fresh in its opening w/ green florals... It has pretty good staying power and I got mine at a deep discount price so I'm happy w/ it... Also could easily be unisex.

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

Once, hiking along a secluded trail in Colorado, I came to an unexpected fork in the road - unexpected because I didn't see any forks around this spot on the map pinned to the board at the beginning of the trail. The forking trail led to a small wooden bridge over a quiet stream, largely hidden from view by big old trees. Intrigued, I crossed the bridge and found myself in an only slightly humid, lush and dark forest with a soft path.... not a sound around me. I walked not knowing where I was, enjoying the wealth of woody, mossy smells helped by the humidity, the likes of which I have rarely smelled in that dry state. It felt as though time stood still there, and whoever and whatever dwelt in this forest were no mere mortals like me. Hours later, after finding my way back to the main path and returning to the map at the starting point, I discovered my silliness (once again!) in missing a clearly marked fork. Looking closer though, I found that the fork was labeled as leading to an "Enchanted Forest"...

"Infusion d'Iris" is, no doubt, a magic potion of elven origins that could have come from that enchanted forest. No matter how horrible your mood is, as soon as your nose becomes aware of the citrus-touched woods that form the beginnings of this fragrance, calmness completely permeates your mind, and a sense of timelessness softly wraps around you.

On my skin, the iris never fully develops, and the citrus (which, by the way, on me is closer to bergamot than to orange) is ostensible throughout, finally becoming overshadowed by the lightest wisps of incense before it fades within 5-6 hours. Indeed, as several reviewers have mentioned, it is a delicate and not a particularly long-lasting perfume; but it is, in one word, enchanting.

Mary312
Mary312

Did a little spray of Prada Iris and wondered what it reminded me of.... finally - Worth Je Reviens! Love it... Anyone else think they have similar scents?

guest_dimitra
guest_dimitra

Well, in most reviews I read that this smells clean ,so it's not sexy....
I have to disagree...
Us (and by us I mean women) have a diffrent peprspective of what is sexy than men.
I have discussed this with many of my male friends and they all told me that nothing is sexier than a woman who smells clean and light and airy (without any heavy smells etc)...
so this perfume IS sexy, classy, divine...

Prada INFUSION D'IRIS is a beautiful linear creation similar in spirit and quality to ALLURE edp. These are both powdery floral fragrances, but they showcase different flowers and have different supportive notes. Still, in addition to linearity, overt femininity and scrumptiosity are also shared by the two.

INFUSION D'IRIS is a calm and peaceful perfume featuring, as advertised, iris, but also neroli, and these floral notes are lusciously ensconced in a rich benzoin-cedar layer that lasts virtually forever on my skin--another similarity to ALLURE. As far as I can tell, there is no vanilla here, yet, INFUSION D'IRIS is a clean but still slightly sweet presentation of flowers, perhaps in part due to the mandarin. Because the incense note is so light--certainly when compared to other incense perfumes I've tested of late--this fragrance strikes me as far more floral than oriental.

I am very pleased by INFUSION D'IRIS and am happy to now have a good-sized decant, thanks to celina! (-:

Nicole79
Nicole79

I love Infusion d'Iris Prada !!!
*****
Cold, clean , powdery , incensy fragrance !!!
This is my way of describing this intresting perfume !!!
Not borring, not plain, very modern , close to the skin but with a "LIGHT" sillage and a good lasting power !!!
What i love the most about it it's the "cold " Incense Note !

Sexy...and intriguing ..!

dhtamara
dhtamara

I have to say it, this is a perfume of which you can actually tell or rather smell it is expensive.It is elegant but not in a complex way, it settles on your skin and the staying power is quite good. I wore this to a wedding and The lady next to me liked it very much, she found it to be clean and soapy. Quote:/It smells like a very expensive and exclusive soapbar/.She wanted to know what it was immediately...

Cereza
Cereza

Hmm, I'm not enjoying this as much as I wanted to. For me it's very soapy and citrusy, shy and with no character, but that's my skin chemistry talking. Definetely not my cup of tee. But wild be a good office fragrance for summer - unoffensive, likeable, with no huge sillage. But I'm seeking for something else, more powerful.

Omg, I was so wrong. After the mandarin/citrus fade out, after and hour it settles to such a lovely scent.

Lottis
Lottis

This is one of my favorites.
On my skin becomes very soft but sensed tension. It makes me feel comfortable and harmonious but also sexy in a sophisticated way.

Det här är en av min favoriter.
På min hud blir den väldigt mjuk men spänanade. Den får mig känna bekväm och harmonisk men också sexig på ett sofistikerat sätt.

CKS
CKS

I was dreaming for this fragrance for so long! And today, when I received the 200ml, I got so so so so so disappointed!!! I think is a matter of the PH of the skin, but on me it smell weak, without any personality and without understanding any note.
So...if anyone is interested in the 200 ml EDP, just PM me:) or email me: ck_silvia@yahoo.com

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

This perfume is full of mystery. At first you think its very light, cool and crisp. Then other notes that I can't describe come to the surface. For some reason it can make me emotional and I really don't know why. When I wear this perfume, I am always complimented from people you would never expect to compliment and this always surprises me. I like this perfume. It has secrets that I am yet to discover.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have a secret shame. I am a chronic stickybeak. And I just loooooove having a peek inside other peoples houses. To avoid felony charges & a sudden drought of friends, I tend to express this need by doing a tour of all the local display homes.

The reason I mention this is that some of them have a very distinct sweetish 'new house smell'. It might come from the carpets or furnishing or the cabinetry. No matter, what I am smelling are actually Volatile Organic Compounds. And they are here too in Iris form, along with a lank, wet, earthy undertone. I kind of like the dirtiness but I simultaneously recoil from it at the same time. Not unpleasant as such, just strange, cold and disturbing.

Later it develops a spicier edge and becomes more robust & powdery with the cedar notes thankfully increasing in volume. Someone moved an old armoire into the new house, giving it some much needed respectability.

All in all, it is intriguing but the best emotion I can muster about it at the present time is ambivalence.

njdeb
njdeb

I didn't expect to like this. I'm not generally fond of iris, which tends to make perfumes too powdery for my taste, and because Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger dryed down to pretty much powder and not much else on me.

This is powdery for sure, but it is much more than that. Now that I look at the notes, I can see why I like it. It has some of my absolute favorites: orange blossom, neroli and cedar. And in this case, unlike Fleur d'Oranger, these notes are detectable throughout.

Made a convert out of a powder hater like me.

Prada Infusion d'Iris is the definition of elegance and class.

For those of you that want lots of flowers, sweetness and strength, this fragrance probably isn't for you. Infusion d'Iris is a clean, inoffensive floral. Slightly musky and woodsy.

In truth, I hated this fragrance at first. It opened with a harshness that was both soapy and herbaceous. All I wanted was a delicate floral note, yet what I first experienced was odd and unpleasant to my nose.

Thankfully the heart was much nicer with the iris and orange blossom notes peeking through and eventually taking over.

Well Infusion d'Iris is certainly a Prada fragrance in its sophistication and simplicity. I do appreciate those aspects in Infusion d'Iris, I think that more simplistic, classic scents are needed on the market these days. There are too many overly sweetened and overly fruity scents that people seem to prefer wearing.

This fragrance is not something I'd personally buy for myself and to be completely honest, I do prefer Acqua di Parma's Iris Nobile for my iris fix. However, this fragrance is beautiful in a soapy, clean sense. It is perfect for those days at the office or when you want to feel fresh and feminine all day long.

hollycat

I tried this perfume right before going to bed. I put on some classical music, applied my sample to my wrist and let the music and the scent drift me off.
What I kept inhaling was iris, something powdery, but no woods, no incense. There is still something about this scent. I find it soothing, and relaxing, like the music I was listening to. Its a perfume that I would wear when I need solitude and peace of mind. I would classify this as a fresh, clean, powdery floral that would be great to wear for the summer.

kurisu
kurisu

I have tried both Infusion d'iris and Infusion d'homme, both give clean and crisp scent,and I think both can be label as Unisex. This two is really similar so, don't judge it from the word Homme give it a sniff and choose the right choice for you.In my case, I think Infusion d'homme have too much of soapy scent and too sharp.If I have to pick one for my boyfriend...I still choose Infusion d'iris for him. And plus if you try....don't judge it form the first sniff give it a time and check the dry-down.

Elue
Elue

I love clean scents. Not too zesty and sharply fresh-clean scents that makes you sneeze all the time. But I love softer but noticeable, feminine scents with a hint of a "sexy" note.

Well, this perfume manages to be all of them. In fact, Infusion d'Iris 's so much more qualities than my regular taste.

This perfume is like a homage to old European perfumes. It has this European taste. It is clean, classic, not overpowering and very mysterious.

BUT... it has no staying power.. You must try it: it fades out after 30 minutes. How bad is this!? I fell in love with it at the first sniff but I wouldn't pay for it after seeing it's horrible staying power. And I must add, I am a big impulse shopper!

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I like this! I don't know if I have anything new to add in this review, that hasn't been said already.

On my skin, I wouldn't have classified this as an oriental woody, although the more experienced perfumistas would disagree.

My nose picks up "green" (yes, a tangy, crisp medicinal green on first spray and throughout). And yes, after dry down, there is a soapy, powdery floral, reminiscent of childhood springtime.

Yes, something about the scent makes me nostalgic for childhood. And it makes me think of babies. Could be a talc (but not the typical baby powder scent). But it could also be (and DON'T LAUGH!): the cream that you put on a baby's bottom to protect them from diaper rash! But PLEASE don't let this particular description discourage you from trying it!!!

Long-lasting on me -- and very interesting.

midsummer
midsummer

The opening is a little harsh, but once it settled on my skin I smelled nothing but fresh, wet flowers. Reminds me of going to grandma's house - in a good comforting way. The last lingering notes smelled like a fresh shower. It's a shame it was so quick to fade - otherwise I would have had to buy it!

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

Another elegant fragrance from Prada. Infusion d'Iris is quite light and wears very close to the skin. In the dry down, I get powdery iris that smells slightly soapy, a hint of cedar, and a touch of incense. Infusion d'Iris is woody and earthy, but it's delicate. This is a lovely EdP.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I bought an enormous bottle of this thinking I could use more to make it stronger-but that just makes it very synthetic smelling on me. It is a lovely fragrance that I think I'll have to just appreciate for the veil of scent that it must have been made to be. Very clean and irisy when not overapplied.

Lune d'Ete
Lune d'Ete

This perfume is too pale, too thin; does not last.
Watery iris and pale wood is what I smell the most, I bought it because it's prada and because the bottle is really cool, but I swore after that time, that I will never be guided by a house name or a craze ever again.

guest_Senem
guest_Senem

i love this, very clean, so elegance very feminen scent,high-end product.i will buy again..

rithacha
rithacha

There's no doubt in my mind that Infusion d'Iris is one of the top ten new releases in the last few years. There's a woody opening of oranges before you reach the delicate heart notes of barely-there iris playing across your skin, laced with neroli. A fragile, luminous, soapy tingle.

I have a perfume wardrobe of over 100 bottles, but when I feel ill or depressed, Infusion d'Iris is THE ONLY fragrance I can wear. In moments of physical/emotional weakness/fatigue, it is only this delicate and quiet veil of scent that is strong enough to put me at peace. While most perfumes have a noisy personality clamouring to be heard, Infusion d'Iris Listens, Emphasizes, and Soothes. It is my personal Angel of Rest and Understanding that I can't imagine being without.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Infusion d`Iris opens with masculine notes, hiding floral soul and sweeping you of the feet wit fresh, mild, woody skin. The heart of it, however, is delicate iris. I dare to say Virgin Iris. Untouched and immaculate.

I find it to be exquisite. To exquisite for word guided description. Also, I am to subjective to describe it rationally, since I have fallen in love with Infusion in a single second. Love on first sight is not my normal behavior. So, kept retesting Infusion repeatedly for next several weeks looking for its fault. Found None.

There are people who gave me their hand, strength and support in hardest moments in my life. Although, they weren’t expected to do that.

Their Soul smells like Infusion d`Iris.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I've come to the conclusion that Prada are laughing up their gold-lined sleeves at us all. My husband thinks this stuff smells of the perming lotion his mum used in the 80's - I got boot polish and cheap mens aftershave. Infusion does kind of give the impression of lightness but these frags are so dilute they just disappear before there's any development. I scrubbed the L'Eau Ambree from my left wrist and this one from my right and sprayed myself with my lovely and very cheap, Balmain Ivoire.

kylexora
kylexora

When I heard Prada, i do not expect anything special. And yes, i can't find anything that make me want to buy a bottle of this.
The perfume start with fresh soapy smell, then turn a fresh floral. it a great scent for office wear, but nothing sexy. Just fresh and professional. Not my type, I'm more into biting scent.
However, i do have a miniature bottle of this perfume. I wear it when i need some fresh feeling. great to be wear after you step out from bath. Works well with white clothes, it will enhance your appearance. If white is your image color, soapy and fresh is your type, this could be your signature.

guest_GUEST
guest_GUEST

A very fresh fragrance. I personally find it long lasting. After 4 to 6 hours, just when you think its all over a smell of beautiful incense arises, which I find devine. Perfect for any season. Smells equally good on men, gave a colleague a few sprays and he loved it and actually purchased a bottle.

Sissi
Sissi

Picturing A Librian/Chic College Student
A Gray Cloudy Morning in fall. will be
the perfect fragrance for these Occasions and Lifestyle. it's not a flashy bold in your face fragrance it's
refined A Bit Melancholic an austere
perfume A perfume for a conservative
Woman. for a time of introspective
Moments or a quiet space to study
for exams.

I Love the blending of Irises with incenses it gives it an Refined character and with a touch woods gives it a bit of an impression.
A Great Perfume for New England's High
Society

fragrance_is_happiness
fragrance_is_happiness

I find all Prada fragrances to be very strong and long lasting and classy. Still I cannot wear them. They are too loud for my taste. I love infusion d'iris' bottle and tried it before and didn't quite like it. Tried it again, very dry, powdery and interesting in top notes but in the drydown its exactly like knezoflower on my skin which unfortunately I cannot stand. So as much as I like to wear this fragrance for many reasons, I simply can't. I do respect it still. Very elegant... could be just perfect for causual/office wear... still recommended to others...

NatWeb
NatWeb

My mother - who is a huge fan of Prada fragrances - bought this for me as a gift. Unfortunately I've yet to meet a Prada perfume I like. This is the antithesis of my taste; where i like spicy, musky, woody, fruity, vanilla scents, this is clean and sparse and green. To me it smells like citrusy fabric softener on first spray, a nothing, nowhere, nobody of a fragrance. I also find it slightly overpowering at first, but it doesn't appear to have exceptional staying power. I must admit, the more times I've tried it I've noticed it does develop into a nutty, creamy frangrance during the dry down but I'm not sure i can cope with the initial blast. In any case, it's inoffensive enough that I should be able to battle through with is as a daytime fragrance.

michele23
michele23

I Love D Iris!Its very light and powdery.It reminds me of Shalimar without the lemon note.Very soft and pretty.

junie
junie

The incense in this perfume brings back memories of elementary school: Carmen was my first grade teacher. She was an old and proud woman, with high expectations. Her walk and head posture screamed "distinction please"!

However the iris and mandarin notes are light and very comforting, like Carmen in her happier days.

Unlike many of my classmates, I loved professor Carmen. That's why I almost feel guilty for loving Infusion d'Iris.

mymlan

Love at first sight! Or love at first scent sample may be a more accurate expression, but I also fell in love with the classy box and bottle.

Infusion d'Iris is a soft and refreshing fragrance perfect for daytime wear. In the morning, the top wakes you up with fresh citrusy notes, during the day the heart comforts your senses with sweet powdery notes of iris, cedar, vetiver. In the evening, you will still have a trace of incense and benzoin on your wrist.

It's a quiet scent, but somehow I always get compliments wearing it. If you think it's too quiet you can layer it with the body lotion which makes it in total both richer and more longlasting.

The only drawback is that Infusion d'Iris is really popular and very easily recognized. You don't feel very unique wearing it these days. But if you love it, who cares? :)

I have worn Infusion d'Iris so much that I no longer wear it very often, but I'm still in love with it and enjoy it when I do.

Berith
Berith

When I sprayed it on it was nice but strong. Later on I could smell some musk en light clean notes, but the smell does not stay on long.
I don't think I could buy such a fragrance.

twinklestar.pa
twinklestar.pa

I greatly enjoyed the reviews above, especially from SedNonSatiata and Miss_Nightingale. I purchased a tiny bottle online, and I've tried it once. It had great staying power, and seemed to grow stronger over time. It seemed like a genteel fragrance. Romantic. It's so refined that I'm not sure it's "me." Will work with it.

I love Fragrantica. It's so much fun to read others' ideas. I'm surrounded by males at home, and a dip into the ocean of fragrances is welcome.

Persephone
Persephone

It is so light and delicate that I have to spray A LOT to try to appreciate. Maybe that's why it comes in such a huge bottle, but even that doesn't do justice for Infusion. Iris is a very expensive ingredient and I've read that there's no actual natural iris root in this juice, it's a chemical composition. I'd say this is the best Prada perfume so far, it stays very close to the skin, like a very light March breeze and disappoints just the same. You catch a whiff of it and think that May is tomorrow, but well no, there's still April in between. I think the initial idea of this composition was very good, but Prada Infusion D'Iris is rather a bold name for this fragrance - there is no iris, it's a bland woody fine linen softener. This is for someone who prefers shy fragrances or doesn't wear them at all. "Shy" for me still must deliver it's essence, like say Apres L'Ondee.
Update: I finally found a similar idea, but with an excellent implementation. I'll be saving my money for Chanels' 28 La Pausa, which is a true woody iris.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

After my first Prada perfume experience, this time, i tried first on my skin, then went for a coffee,it really smelled like a cheap floral-nothing special-out of a little old shop cologne ...OHHH Prada!!!! you really dont want me to be a fun of yours!!!

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I am not generally a fan of the iris note, because it is usually so powdery in a classical way-and let's face it-some powder is nice sometimes-but I am a modern woman, and I only like a classic scent if it's so well done, so beautiful, that it extends beyond its time, over the rim of its metaphorical glass with deserving to be appreciated by a youth of an era completely removed and disconnected from the time of the classic.

So far, the powdery waters of iris and violet that I have experienced from ages past haven't done anything for me, feeling neither clean enough, garden-fresh enough, nor sensual enough that I would choose to wear it over a well-balanced and very modern agreeable scent. Is it a crime to just want to smell nice, more so than have good tastes?
I think my tastes are great, if I smell nice, but I digress. Infusion d'iris is lovely because it is fresh-and true to the scent of iris. Iris may not be my favorite flower, but it is a beautiful one-beautiful and scented with individualism-crisp, and clean.
This is slightly sharp, but it stays within the boundary of acceptably soapy. It is barely soapy-very iris-y, and the citric notes are thankfully not sweet.
The dry down is incense-y without being smoky, resiny without being too much, and overall the composition manages not to be too green either.
I quite like this, and if I were financially secure, I would buy a bottle of this an keep it in my purse.I have a large sample that I will definitely use up, probably fairly quickly. I liked the smell of Prada by Prada on my friend, but I am pretty much allergic to patchouli, and I don't remember liking it as much as this. If you like oriental woody compositions, and appreciate refined lighter scents that manage to be beautiful without relying on a sexy sillage, you will love this one.

Edit:

I AM a fan of the Iris note, just didn't realize it! It's violet I hate :P

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I hated this perfume when it first came out. When I smelt it on the card I said to myself ' I don't want to smell like fresh laundry!' Then I tried it on my skin and it is so intersting, at first it is very woody on my skin but after it becomes sweet and incense comes through with the iris. Just ordered a bottle, can't wait.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Infusion d'Iris is not very interesting smelling from the bottle, but on skin it turns comfortable, peaceful and nice.

It's quite light and don't last very long.

Anyway it smells casual and unoffensive- this is kind of scent that can be worn as second skin- in every occasions.

On my skin it's very delicate yet was there- I could separate orange blossom and I think iris itself with benzoin.

Very nice, but I like Prada Amber more.

truffles

I sprayed a bit of this on my hand today. Can't decide if I like it or not but suspect I wouldn't be able to wear it. It smells a little bit like Moschino's Cheap and Chic to me.

clairdelune
clairdelune

Infusion of Iris, in my opinion, might be better named, Infusion of Heaven. This little bottle of green juice is some of the most heavenly stuff I've ever worn. It's beautifully fresh and clean smelling, but also extremely refined and elegant. It's a lady's, not girl's perfume but could still be worn by anyone from age 20 to 70 - it's that timeless--that beautiful. I predict this will be one for the ages and will come up again and again with other iconic scents like Mitsouko and Chanel #5. Prada got it exactly right. Well done!

9154mf
9154mf

This is it for me. This is everything I want in a fragrance for all occasions. On me, the iris gives it a crisp, clean feel in the summer and a cozy feeling in the winter. I like how it makes me smell like I just got out of the shower, only better. It works for all occasions: from the office, to a night out, to a night in (bed :) Definitely one I will always have a bottle of. It is timeless and ageless. One can wear it if they are a teenager or a more "mature" woman. I have been looking for a signature fragrance that my children will associate with me the way I associate L'Air du Temps with my mother. This is it. This is the lovliest iris I have ever encountered, its creamy, its warm, it envelops you with soft powdery lightly spiced woodsiness, like a cashmere blanket. Seriously divine!

lucy xie
lucy xie

not for young girls. so it is not for me. the only prada perfume which i love a lot is prada tendre.

teedee
teedee

truly lovely fragrance. soft but sophisticated. i adore the beautiful woody, powdery with hint of incense in the base.

If i were to spray this on my skin, it doesnt last that long...4-5 hours. But today, i discovered that if i just spray lightly on my clothes, it does last very long. up to now, more than 14 hours since this morning when i sprayed it. i just hang my shirt and everytime i pass by, the soft scent still lingers... lovely...

mandashell
mandashell

Another one that I am glad I tested before buying. The scent is okay but nothing I would really spend money on as a perfume especially as expensive as this one is. It is a little citrusy but strong on the incense and smells very clean. I was so exited to test it when I got to the mall but when the woman sprayed it on the card my face said it all. I politely put the card down and stepped away from the counter. LOL! I can't see myself wearing this at all. NEXT! o.0

Aalia
Aalia

The citrus opening comes on strong.
Next, there is a grassy feeling, a green sensation. Then comes the violets ? Are there violets in here? Seems to be pure violets... and the iris wich is light or non existent. I am enjoying the neroli, incense, benzoin, and cedar combo. The inscense isn't extremely smokey. This is definetely a woody scent, I imagine any man or woman wearing this. It reminds me a bit of the Aqua Allegoria line, by Guerlain, but with no sweetness!

As Joy
As Joy

I usually don't wear perfume if the temperature's high, because then perfume, even good scents, start to disturb me. In other words, the heat is enough, I don't need anything more to "worry" about.

However, Infusion D'Iris is so refined and light that I often wear it even then, when there is no other perfume that I could think about wearing in the summertime. It's interesting to read different reviews about it, because there is so much similar to my own opinion about Iris.

My sister says it's an old-lady perfume, which I completely understand. But somehow still it doesn't bother me at all, even if it did smell like a 70-year-old lady.

Every time I wear it, I picture the same image in my mind. The image of a hot summer day by the Mediterranean, maybe in Greece or Italy, or Sicily, for instance. When my skin is warm, even a bit sweaty because of the warm weather, this perfume reminds me of the smell of different fir trees in the forest. The smell of conifers, when it's so warm even the trees are sweating. I don't mean it's overtly green, in fact, I wouldn't say that at all. The iris makes it so soft.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Mysterious at the beginning, Infusion d'Iris completely baffled me with a creamy woody incense top that I couldn't identify at all, but rather liked. And then. And then...

*sigh* violets. De-toxed and softened in a mist of iris and benzoin, the galbanum becoming more apparent with time, alongside a clean, somewhat soapy note. I detest violets, but this is a very elegant use of them. It proves that 'old lady' scents can be lovely. In my minds eye, I can see the old lady this would suit; silver haired and subtle with luminous eyes, all fragility and music, the kind of lady who loves ballet, plays piano, wears silk gloves, paints watercolours, wanders in the wet garden and remembers Provence in the summer and Paris in the rain. Beautiful but...

The violet horror means I must scrub this off; my head starts to throb at even this soft and sophisticated version of the purple peril. I am impressed with its beauty and balance, but it really doesn't suit my skin chemistry at all.

lillybee

Green, aromatic and slightly masculine first (would work well on men too) then mellows into an refreshing and gentle white floral with a woody base similar to Le Baiser du Dragon from Cartier. The only downsides are the poor staying power on me and the (unjustified) high price. If you're looking for a stronger fragrance in a similar oriental woody vein, I suggest you try Le Baiser du Dragon Eau de Toilette which is a lot woodier but has great staying power.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

One of the best ever!This fragrance works great on me from the start to the end!I feel so goodsmelling and clean with this one.A masterpiece!!

essija
essija

I must say You Must let this fragrance Grow on you! It takes time for it to develop on my skin, but when it does, It is the most heavenly, slightly floral, soapy/cleanliness smell I have ever rubbed my nose on. I love this and Yes You do have to wear a lot of it, I think that is why the bottles are so huge! They intended 20 spritzes a day. Love it! Give it enough time, don't write it off. took hours to develop on my skin.. again Love it..

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I love this perfume so much I spray it on at home for all kinds of reasons; to relax, to cheer myself up, to feel sensual. It's intimate in a different way - not seductive or cloying. I suspect some men might find it a little old fashioned and it does have a whiff of yesteryear.

I love the smell of fragrant irises in real life - it's a fresh but soft and complex aroma - really dreamy. This scent captures it, but earths it with orris root and resins. It smells incensey, heady - and reminds me of a walk I take in the Scottish Highlands in June - up a fir lined river valley when the rhodedendrons are blooming.

My only observation would be that this isn't particularly sexy - one for romance rather than seduction - not a bad thing at all!

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I thoroughly enjoyed trying this scent at the counter. It had caught my eye. It's a fresh, clean scent with a hint of sweetness (which I look for in many scents nowadays). It's not over the top fresh and clean like some other summer fragrances (which I think is because of the iris notes), but I would definitely wear it during the summer. I can sense the citric flavor of the perfume, but what I think makes it really lovely are the incense and cedar. When I think of incense, I think smokey, but it wasn't THAT kind of smokey to me. It just had a sexy flavor to it BECAUSE of the incense. It was still bright, just not overly bright. I don't think of this as a wake-me-up scent, but it definitely picks-me-up because of it's sheer brightness and somewhat warm disposition. I think it's a nice relaxing fragrance. More than just "pretty" but not as sexy as I would have expected from an oriental woody. It's perfect for daytime and nighttime wear IMHO. I definitely want my own bottle.

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

i wouldn't call this perfume oriental and woody... it's more like a fresh one but without any aquatic notes. just powdery, clean and modern. it is just a bit masculine if you ask me but this is what i like about it. it reminds me somehow of bvlgari blu notte.

Gemini
Gemini

My brand new love! So elegant, pure, soapy&powdery. It is a really sophisticated fragrance, I would like to own a big bottle of that!

snobuni77
snobuni77

Like a gentle spring breeze floating through an open window this is a very mild.It relaxes me.....Maybe it is because it also resembles a the scent of a baby.

The notes smell very pure to me.
I get the Mandarin, Orange & Benzion scents upon applying it I would say it is more of an "Orange Zest" I smell.You know, when you grate the skin of an orange to add to a recipe.

Well that fades away within the first 5 minutes & then it relaxes into a very soft baby like scent....a freshly bathed baby.

I also sense the scent of petroleum in this.....I'm not exactly sure what note it is but I actually like it a lot.
It makes me feel that I just applied oil to my skin. I even had to touch the area to make sure it wasn't greasy...weird I know?

The Cedar is very light as well as the other notes but to me that's the note that takes it away from it's infant delicacy & makes it more womanly & grown up.

It is a great spring/summer scent in it's lightness & it would be great for a new mom or nurse.Its for anyone who is around sensitive people or is sensitive themselves regarding scents.

It is the perfect perfume as it is well done & adult all while being very delicate & feminine.

flowers&spice
flowers&spice

I am in love with this scent. I usually go for a little deeper, warmer scent, and was utterly surprised to fall for this. I think of it more as a floral scent with it's fresh, clean and flowery start. It does develop a bit of a woodsy base, but it's all so fresh, refined and delicate that I find myself wishing to reapply throughout the day. The staying power is, sadly, not what I wish it was for this gorgeous scent. If I could find one of the large bottles at a reasonable price I would be a very happy girl indeed as I spritzed all day long! Really beautiful, and makes me feel refined, cared for, classic and clean.

guest_lotusleaf
guest_lotusleaf

totally agree with Urban Skies! After 30 minutes of spritzing it.... I drove home and to check my kids' shampoo because I was sure it was the same scent. And it's not at all. I even checked the other brands to see if another baby shampoo - nope... no match. Something really reminds me of baby smell here.

ktv0926
ktv0926

I'm not a fan of iris, but in Infusion d'Iris I like it. It is calm and tender and slightly greenish, fresh and yeh - clean. Perfect for everyday.

megannsmom
megannsmom

Very nice, clean scent. Like very expensive soap at first, then like clean skin warmed by the sun. Perfect scent for everyday. FBW in my opinion!

Mals86
Mals86

Lovely pale, cool iris, which eventually dries down to a lightly spicy incense scent. Very pleasant, light, and business-appropriate.

I have a mini but am not tempted to purchase a larger amount.

mmizy
mmizy

at first its comes of as nothing special even soapy but the drydown is beautiful. Its clean with a touch of green and powder. Like nothing I have...must add it to my collection. You have to test it...it smells better on skin.

veronique
veronique

Soapy and powdery in top notes, but the dry down is really interesting with soft incense and wood notes.
Not for everyone.

Bouquet
Bouquet

Clean, fresh/soapy, crisp, feminine, modern, classic, floral (but not your great aunt's floral), chic, elegant, versatile and sexy in the way that emanates from a lady who is focused and competent. (Sometimes I think of PIdI as my "Mary Poppins" scent, as I'l bet that she would use it.)
You could wear it to work, on the weekend, with friends and family, or for an evening out. Best for spring or fall weather.

You have to layer it with the body lotion to make it last more than a couple of hours on your skin. So, stash a mini bottle of the scent in your bag. However, I've discovered it lasts much longer on fabrics-- so you can spray a scarf with it, too.

One of my all-time favorites. Versatile, clean and fresh without aquatic notes, slightly incense-y, light. I get compliments on this one and it wears well in winter or summer. I have no trouble with lasting power like others have reported.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

Oh my, love, love, love. So many fragrances give me a headache, but this...it has been on my wish list mainly out of curiosity because of a magazine's scented strip, and reading great reviews. Miss Nightingale - your beautiful review set me in motion to purchase this. I feel as though I could bathe in a vat of this stuff! It has a perfect softly sexy, sophisticated, urban appeal. My new love!

guest_guest_guest
guest_guest_guest

Very fresh and crisp frag, woodsy n flowery at da same time.
So bad it doesn't last too long (2-3 hrs). All2gether this is a very lovely feminine composition and a very interesting interpretation of iris.
Highly recommended for spring time.
All the Prada fragrances just rulzzzz :)

barbiot35
barbiot35

The name Infusion d'Iris was very exciting when I first saw its advertisement. But the fragrance isn't a onique one; it has very common notes that aren't harmonic:( And has NO staying power(not poor).

November
November

It's so funny reading all the comments. I wear this parfume on a daily basis, from the 1st time I tried it I know that this is my scent!It is clean, warm, edgy, sophisticated a bit musky and yet comfy. It is so me!

guiwings
guiwings

WOW! I finally tried INfusion d'iris. I'm wearing it right now. I just can say: where have you been all my life?
It's fresh but yet warm. Floral, but not floral sick.
It´s magical.

JZ
JZ

it's not uniqe or suprising when i smell it for thr 1st time, but after some time, it makes me feel so...comfortable. it's not like a scent of perfum, smell expensive.

Kama
Kama

I love this perfume! I have falled in love with them in the summer and had to buy them.
In fact they smell similar to Givenchy III... that I also used to have and love... veru orginal, classic, and woody/fresh smell.

alicektn
alicektn

This fragrance reminds me of a woman's bedroom in the country, in a sunny spring or summer day with open windows.

Clean, powdery, citrusy and earthy. Carefree and feminine. My skin doesn't copliment too much the drydown, which is pure cedar on me, but still it is pleasant.
--------------------------
-----
Something must have happened with my chemistry, cos these days it transforms into one of the most beautiful undescribable scents. Very incense-y, resinous, woody and flowery. Oh my god. I really fell head over heels with it after that discovery.

It took a year to notice, but it's marvelous. A masterpiece.

Clean, only slightly floral, crisp wood, resinous benzoin. I get compliments with this one and it's come to be my daily scent. More suited for summer, it can still be worn anytime. Very light and lovely. Noticeable without being intrusive.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

I spent the summer wrapped in a giddy haze of this gorgeous new scent from Prada. I was lucky enough to buy a whopping great 200ml sized bottle for a bargain price in a tester sale at work (I work in a designer department store here in the UK) so felt free to spray with complete abandon.

The overall impression of this scent is cooling, calming even, yet curiously uplifting. Whenever I needed a "boost" I would spritz a little more on & revel in my own fragrant cocoon; but let me break down the layers for you to give you a better idea of how this fragrance worked for me:

First of all there is a dry, slightly woodsy lemon-tinged mandarin that mellows into cedar (not too sharp, though, as some cedars can be) which is beautifully tempered with the powdery iris. This then settles down to a very long lasting (on me, anyway) white musky harmony of bone dry florals, woods and vetiver.

For me, this is a modern classic. It is bottled Class & Sophistication, but with a fun, carefree edge that prevents it from being too much of a stuffed shirt. There is nothing overtly showy here, just effortlessly sexy in an Audrey Hepburn wearing a man's slightly rumpled white shirt kind of a way.

Interestingly, I had this pegged as a Definitely Summer Only perfume, but the other day, whilst having an "I can't think what I want to smell of today!" moment, I reached for my (now sadly depleted) bottle of Infusion D'Iris... With snow on the ground and air so cold it made you gasp, this somehow just WORKED. It made a transition from summer to Winter, and this for a gal who would only normally wear ambers and deep, dark civets for the winter!

I urge you to give this a try.

BethAshley
BethAshley

I bought this fragrance on impulse (the bottle is so chic!) and was very surprised to see that it was introduced in 2007. This perfume is a great break from the sweet/fruity/candy scents that have been taking over the stores.

Infusion d'Iris nods to classic perfumes with its powdery florals but manages to avoid being old-fashioned by intertwining them with soapy and fresh ceader notes.

I find it to be quietly refined and perfect for the office. Although it is a delicate fragrance hints of it are still on my skin by the end of the work day.

Malegria
Malegria

From the very beginning I liked it! The fresh opening is very unique and elegant - and if you like fleur d`orange, it is the most delicate and sensual fleur d`orange ever!I kept on smelling my wrist, and then I started to feel Her Majesty the Iris, which is for sure one of the purest I tried.I was in total paradise for about 3 hours, and guess what? The base smells very much alike with Flower Kenzo Orjental.May be a little more fresh - but definitely very close.
I would buy it just for the opening, it`s delightful!

mymlan

I love Infusion d'Iris! I really enjoy how the EdP developes from top to base. The duration is good, but because I'm addicted to the top and heart as well I need to put on some more later in the day.

Layering with body lotion is also recommended for better projection and duration. This is primarily a day fragrance for me, but it works well in the evenings as well. Try it!

Aysu
Aysu

When you first smell this fragrance, you feel that it is a unisex one, typical light, soapy, a little citrusy unisex.. I was surprised to hear that it is for women. But after it starts to dry down, it takes maybe more than 3-4 different forms and suprises me by being a complex scent although it does not look like that (considering the notes) It lasted at least more than 8-9 hours on me (agree with previous comments) and everybody that smelled my wrist fell in love with this fragrance.. Not a very heady fragrance like the original Prada, but if you want something clean and fresh but a trendy one, and if you want that fresh smell last for hours on your skin, then you should choose this one..

Boggi

Have to add: some people look at this as a summer scent. I have not tried it in the summer, but I have experienced that it turns just georgous outside in the late fall cold weather.

amanda
amanda

i love prada, but not this one, it was too woody, it smelled like an old decayed piece of wood for me,

Boggi

I tried it on this morning in a boutique. So far it has lasted on my skin for eight hours and it has been a wonderful time. Its get creamier every hour. The smell reminds me a little of a fig fragrance, but cleaner. Like Urban Skies I get some unclear childhood memories, but I dont know what it is.
This is a must-have to me.

I also agree with Mariotgomez that this will fit very good for a man as well.

kanoodle7
kanoodle7

I love this perfume. From the sexy scent to the gorgeous bottle. Wonderful addition to my collection. Lasted 8 plus hours, and seemed to get better as the night wore on.

Vincenzina
Vincenzina

I have a sensitive nose so i can't stand the havy perfumes.This one is light,smell like clean with a woody undertone.Very nice!!

natissimo
natissimo

i like it a lot. it was my main spring perfume. it's also very good in the summer days. makes me feel fresh and clean. i love the design of the bottle, it's simple and classic...:):)

Marianne
Marianne

This fragrance reminds me of some kind of soap of my childhood. Therefore, I had to have it immediately. It is a good combination of powdery and soapy notes, very elegant and clean. In my opinion, this is the female equivalent for Prada pour homme.

Urban Skies
Urban Skies

I can definitely understand why this fragrance wouldn't work on everyone, but it totally captivates me. It brings up such positive childhood memories of gardens after the rain. I wasn't sure whether I liked it at first because it has an unusual, medicinal soapiness (maybe Johnson's Baby Shampoo??), but now I'm completely obsessed with it. I recently smelled someone else wearing it and for a moment felt a ridiculous pang of jealousy. That's MINE! (Yikes) :) The bottle is the epitome of understated, dignified elegance. I would have bought it for the bottle alone, as that's what initially attracted me to it. There's a vintage apothecary vibe about this perfume and its bottle which I completely adore.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I bought Prada Milano for my mother, which I had originally planned on buying for myself because I loved it so much. It has such a modern, classic, and expensive feel to it! We both love it. It does remind me of Milano, the busy city full of fashion and trendy, modern women with classic taste you may find in the city, which I travel to often. It comes off a little strong when you first spray it, but once it settles, it's a perfect woody, nearly traditional scent. Totally fine and wearable for everyday!

lillybee

To my disappointment, this fragrance didn't last for more than two hours. What I was left with was a a soapy and woody base - the most tenacious notes. The lack of heavy base notes such as the ones used in Prada Eau de Parfum for Her makes Infusion d'Iris very light and delicate but unfortunately not long-lasting.

2007
mariotgomez
mariotgomez

Although this fragrance is marketed toward women, I enjoy wearing it. It has such a clean, crisp & modern scent that anyone can wear it. I get complements from both men & women. I am a person who has a pasion for fragrances. So when I came across this scent, I had to add it to my collection.

2007

Infusion d'Iris by Prada 3.93 out of 5 based on 2930 ratings and 469 user reviews

EDP Mini 0.27oz
Prada Infusion d'Iris 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Prada Infusion D'iris Perfume by Prada, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Prada Infusion D'iris Perfume by Prada, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Zappos.com
Prada - Prada Infusion D'Iris Fragrance Eau De Parfum Spray 1.7 oz No Color - Beauty
Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Prada 'Infusion d'Iris' Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Prada Infusion d'Iris 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Prada Infusion d'Iris 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Zappos.com
Prada - Prada Infusion D'Iris Fragrance Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz No Color - Beauty
Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Prada Infusion d'Iris Eau De Parfum Absolue Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Prada 'Infusion d'Iris' Eau de Parfum Spray
Prada 'Infusion d'Iris' Eau de Parfum Spray
NORDSTROM.com
Prada 'Infusion d'Iris' Eau de Parfum Spray 6.7 oz.
Prada 'Infusion d'Iris' Eau de Parfum Spray 6.7 oz.
Prada 'Infusion d'Iris' Eau de Parfum Spray 6.7 oz
Prada 'Infusion d'Iris' Eau de Parfum Spray 6.7 oz
Prada Infusion d'Iris 6.75 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Prada Infusion d'Iris 6.75 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Prada - Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau De Parfum Spray 6.75 fl oz N A - Beauty
Prada - Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau De Parfum Spray 6.75 fl oz N A - Beauty
Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau De Parfum Spray 200ml 6.7oz
Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau De Parfum Spray 200ml 6.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prada Infusion d'Iris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prada Infusion d'Iris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Infusion d'Iris by Prada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Infusion d'Iris by Prada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.