Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue Prada for women

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue Prada for women
dislike

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue Prada for women Pictures

Infusion d’Iris fragrance from Prada was presented in 2007 as Eau de Parfum. The name of the fragrance is inspired by the traditional method of extracting iris fragrance that takes six months to complete. The lighter and more affordable version of the original was launched in 2010 in the form of Infusion d `Iris Eau de Toilette. In March 2012, the more intense, richer and more oriental edition comes out under the name of Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue.

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue expresses preciousness and luxury, blended from carefully selected, rare and high quality ingredients. The composition mixes notes of exotic Tunisian neroli, orange blossom, iris from Florence, mastic, benzoin from Laos, tonka bean from Venezuela, Madagascar vanilla and white musk. It is signed by Daniela Andrier.

The fragrance is available in gold-colored bottles of 50 and 100 ml.

The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier.

African Orange flower Neroli

iris Mastic or Lentisque

Musk Benzoin Tonka Bean Vanille

Infusion d'Iris

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue Fragrance Reviews

julieekerr
julieekerr

purchased on impulse then regretted it as it really is not for me.Its profile is my taste ; however on my skin all i got was a one dimensional artificial iris vanilla that verged on boot polish. really not plesant

nebbe
nebbe

Tonka bean, you've bested me again. Must you turn to sticky, stale syrup on my skin every time?
I also recommend trying before buying. I wear the original Infusion d'Iris regularly. Just picked up a sample from Sephora last week, and tried it this afternoon in mild weather. The addition of Tonka Bean and absence of cedar make this incompatible with my skin.
I can see how this could work well on others, and I know there are plenty of fans. Quality is nice, and love the bottle, of course.

Lana148
Lana148

I love Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue! Modern-chic. Gorgeous, powdery vanilla, iris and woods.
When I sprayed it on for the first time, my little daughter said: "It smells like Play-Doh". I guess, I have to agree with her a bit :). Although, I love the scent just the way it is, I live for what comes next. My body chemistry transforms this perfume to something divine, and in a summer better then winter. I would recommend testing it before buying, because my friend loves "D'Iris Absolue", but it doesn't love her back.
This perfume has everything I want in a fragrance. It's different, abstract, classy, made out of quality ingredients, suits any season or occasion, long-lasting, not annoying, has noticeable projection but not loud or over the top, smells terrific at the dry-down and on my skin. Well done Prada!

courant
courant

Rock solid performer from Prada, better than the original Infusion to my mind. There's something Chanelesque about the way it wafts and wends its way around you and the mistake would be to think you could wear it every day, where I fear you would become a little anosmic. I qualify that by saying that the longevity idoes leave a little to be desired and as others have noted the carrot goes before the stick, the iris (carroty orris butter) fades quickly to the golden benzoin afterglow. Quite a romantic little number.

Oh, but you're lovely, with your cheeks so warm, there is nothing for me but to love you, just the way you look tonight.

Beautiful! A little bit warmer, softer and more elegant than Infusion D'Iris EdP. They are like sister but with a twist - not copy's of each other. A scent for a sophisticated, elegant and classy woman.

Underbar! Lite varmare, mjukare och lite mer elegant än Infusion D'Iris EdP. De är som systrar men inga kopior av varann. En doft för den sofistikerade, eleganta och klassiska kvinnan.

Vesna8888
Vesna8888

To me it is very similar to Prada Candy, however this one has much better sillage. I love it.

lepetitprince
lepetitprince

A complicated scent.

It takes off sharply, almost pungent. Rather synthetic I might say, almost like strong detergent. Admittedly, I do not fancy the opening too much. However, it mellows down instantaneously, into a gorgeous cloud of herbs, flowers and vanilla. The flowers and herbs are more fresh than sweet, which is to my preference. I do not appreciate scents that are too sweet. My favourite part is the dry down, absolutely warm and tender on my skin.

Lingers on my skin for more than 10 hours but after the first few hours, it's already barely detectable by the people around you. A very low-key scent. Leaves a fleeting trail, noticeable but not overwhelming.

I bought a miniature to find out if I would still like it after prolonged usage. To be honest, I liked it more during my first few uses. Its attractiveness is dwindling at the moment. Uncertain if I would get a full bottle. I'll test it for a few more weeks. On a side note, I really adore the bottle. Classy and understated, the very essence of Prada.

varykino
varykino

I get iris, musk and a subtle yet distinct smokiness that, in the absence of other notes to explain it, I guess must be the mastic/lentisque (which I don't think I've smelled as a prominent note before). I really love that smoky thing, and it cuts the sweetness nicely when the vanilla starts to warm everything up in the drydown. The whole is powdery, yet not dense at all, and I find the combination of warmth and airiness really addictive.

This is a quietly gorgeous perfume, pleasing and easy to wear, but I've got to agree with those who've said it is a fleeting pleasure. After less than a week's occasional wear I've already made a quite noticeable dent in my bottle as I keep topping it up with new spritzes. So I'll just spray with abandon and enjoy until the bottle is empty, and then I suspect I'll wave this elusive beauty a goodbye with no hard feelings, and look for something with a little more economy in the wear.

Edit 20 May 2014: I've capitulated — I've reached for this bottle over and over for these past couple of months, and I'm definitely going to buy a new one when it's empty. It's so classy, beautiful and easy to wear. Also, I saw a Fragrantica article citing some anosmia issues regarding this scent, which may explain why it tends to waft in and out of my awareness (and act as a warning not to overspray).

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I bought Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue by Prada by mistake. I already own Infusion D'Homme and Infusion D'Vetiver (I think that's the correct spelling). Anyway, when I opened the bottle and sprayed some on my wrist I liked it. Then I realized it was a woman's perfume. But you know what, I am going to keep it because in my opinion, this can be worn by a man as well. I don't find it very flowery and smells similar to Infusion D'Homme, only sweeter and gentler.
I will be wearing it once in a while.

Eos
Eos

Absolue smells like the original Infusion d'Iris EDP minus the sharp green galbanum and grounding cedar. Instead, the mastic note has been intensified (in the heart) and a discernible vanilla note added to the base. The overall effect is still a bittersweet powder, just slightly more ethereal than the original and with a softer feel.

To those who know these smells well, it will remind you of art supplies and makeup.

Beautiful, melancholy and memorable. Certainly signature worthy for those who can wear it well.

Ioli19
Ioli19

Blind buy!!! Serves me right!!! I like most fragrances and based on reviews I was sure I would love this one too!! Alas, a terrible mistake- it is so wrong on me from beginning till the very end!! Good sillage though I will admit!! Off to find new home for it....

ivyheel
ivyheel

I adore the entire Prada Infusion d'Iris line, and have collected them like a madwoman. The EDP is in my Top 5, and this is similar enough to the EDP that I have no choice but to love it as well. For me, this scent is all about iris, supported by leather (where is this coming from???), a mildy bitter amber, and a touch of vanilla. It's smooth and powdery, which I appreciate. Absolue is not nearly as green as the EDP/EDT, and makes an excellent cold weather alternative to those offerings. Please please please test this on skin and not just on a paper strip, because paper cannot do justice to the Infusion d'Iris line. Absolue takes root and blooms on skin. I love it!

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

I agree with Germany. The whole Prada line is great. This is a more resinous and less powdery version of Infusion D'Iris EDP. I like it a lot, but my favorites are still the original and Infusion De Fleur D'Oranger. Absolue is sweeter so I have to be in the mood to wear it. It's nice to have if you are a fan of Prada fragrances and the bottle is nice too. =)

anna.023
anna.023

I must have this one. I can't say that I like it, I don't think I like it very much at all actually.. I mean, I do, but in the same time I don't. I can't really explain it but Im totally obsessed with this scent. It's not really love, I don't know what it is.

To me it's kind of fresch, not aqua fresh, but stylish, clean and rich woman kind of fresh.

The type of woman who has a classy, sharp edgy french haircut. And wears heels and a white silk blouse and always keeps fresh white flowers at home, that to me is Prada Infusion d'iris.

I simply can't get it out of my head.

Oh this is soo nice, so rich, yet airy, balmy, a hint of spiciness , clean, and warm at the same time,the original Infusion smelled too clean to my nose, a bit too powdery, Absolue is smoother, creamier, very attractive to my nose.All around better to my nose..it smells like an expensive rare perfume , a bit exotic, sensuous. The more I wear it, the more I like it, it fits me like a glove..great!!!

katacran
katacran

Miss Iris left her italian innocent sisters and moved to Paris to meet Lady Bleue Guerlain who teached her some oriental-gourmand tricks... Absolutely lovely! I can't believe that there's no almond-heliotrope on the notes.

maybe i would have chosen a different dress. That golden cap makes it look a little "cheap".

aqua76239
aqua76239

When I was a little girl, my mom used powder from Lancome which had very strong powdery sweet scent(as a matter of fact, I got Lancome powder several years ago and it still smells like that). This is what this scent smells like to me-sort of "old fashioned" powder scent. To each one their own but so far, this failed to impress me. This time I only sprayed on a strip so I would like to sample it on my skin and see if it will change my mind

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This is a beautiful and heavy powdery fragrance which has massive projection and amazing longevity on me.
I get a beautiful powder note from the offset and I'm sort of reminded of Chanel no19 Poudre. I don't get balm at all, maybe my nose can't identify individual notes but balm would add a certain freshness to the juice, however, I get sweet, heady, heavy and utterly beautiful.
This fume is dark and seductive, there's no denying that, it's sexy but classy, heavy but never overwhelming, powdery but not girly, aloof but not snobbish, elegant but never refined. This is a powerhouse of a scent, it's the best one that Prada has made to date, a masterpiece.
Be warned folks, this seductive little babe is not for the faint hearted, wear it with style and confidence and I promise you, heads will turn!

Charlotte34
Charlotte34

Finally I got to test this one. At first spray, it smelled soft and gentle on me, and even after several hours its has very good sillage. But it keeps reminding me of a somehow 'old ladies perfume', like 'Nonchalance'.
I'm not sure if they really have similarity but it smells soapy on me; not in a fresh clean way but as an oldfashioned scent that has been in my closed for years.

Inneen
Inneen

I have been searching for months for a 'signature scent'. I don't like heavy flower scents and so many modern perfumes smell of chemicals on me.
But this was love at first scent. I was afraid to open the box when I got it home, in case I swas disappointed, but I LOVE this scent. It is fresh and feminine, not overpowering. (And my asthmatic husband can cope with it!)

TillyWave
TillyWave

Funny how sometimes you get taken in by a perfume copy. I really was hoping to be blown away by this, especially because I love the original perfume, and many early reviews were favorable. Their copy advertises a "richer and more intense" version of d'Iris, like an extrait or something. So in that way I'm disappointed that it's not a loud, rich, intense in-your-face d'Iris.

Anyway--it's pretty linear, and while I like it alot, not too exciting. Think of d'Iris but with a splash of vanilla on the bottom, and a bit more incense added to the powdery aspects. It is also a bit more woody, and all together the ingredients are of a darker variety--there seem to be no florals except for a hint of the iris, which despite the pyramid I don't find to be prominient. Mostly I smell mastic/resins, powder, vanilla, wood, musk, and an abstract iris, which in sum add up to a dark character.

It may be dark, but it's not loud--it does not wear like an "Absolue" for those that think it will be stronger than the original, think again--it wears next to the skin, but has excellent longevity. For all its woody incense musky darkness, it is a perfectly safe scent--it's not really daring at all.

That said, it's worth a sniff for those that like the original, I have a bottle of Absolue and I enjoy it quite a bit.

EDIT 12/04/2013
While my above review was not negative, I feel I did not pontificate on the great aspects of this perfume. For those who like the incense, resinous aspects of the original, indeed those facets are amped up in this edition, making it a moody, almost contemplative perfume. Also, the vanilla goes SO WELL with this, it is not sweet or foody, just true blue vanilla, which makes up the final drydown (vs. the woody drydown of the original.) Just another 2 cents.

mediterranean
mediterranean

There are perfumes that smell to me like a dirty tango. This is one of them.It has the formality of a lady, but at night she wears black stilettos and red lipstick and visits the darkest corners of the city looking for a tango dancer who awakens her obscure passion mixing it with the sensuality of the music.
This potion vibrates with slow movement and misterious smiles, just like the dirty tango, dries your brain and heats your heart.

aschiffm
aschiffm

This is my favorite edition of Prada's Infusion d'Iris series. The other ones were too clear, glassy and clean, or smelling like toilet water.. This one however is very classy, feminine, strong and warm. I was surprised at how resinous and ambery it was. Its nicely balanced however with the sheer and powdery iris. Sometimes when I get whiffs of it, it reminds me of a sunnier version of the dusty coolness of Prada L'eau Ambree (without L'eau Ambree's darkish weird aloofness- I do happen to prefer Ambree). This by contrast is more optimistic feeling. (Ambree is pessimistic and a little pleasantly dank ha.)

Infusion D'iris Absolue has a very "perfumey" warm womanly smell. I think it would be nice to wear at a meeting, it's intriguing.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

I love, love, love this one - it's powdery iris heaven. the first spray smells a little like Shalimar Parfum Initial, but without the spices.

I sprayed my hair today and kept catching this delightful scent as I did the food sbhopping - it brightened up the supermarket beautifully.

wprofumo
wprofumo

This is on my "I want it list". I've tested it three times and I think it is marvellous: a little bit 1940s/1950s - very subtle and lady-like. I think one would have to go lightly with the spray, so as not to overwhelm oneself or others. Next week, I hope!

Vie Cafe: You are partly right. But, "absolue" is a technical term referring to how the volatile aromatic molecules of the iris flower are extracted and used to make perfume. "Absolue" does not mean that the perfume is a "stand alone/detatched" one. The "detatching" or "separating" refer to the process involved in arriving at an "absolue". "Absolue" means "absolute" in English. You can google.fr or google.com to read about how an "absolue" is obtained.

Latest: purchased at a great price from strawberrynet. Received today - divine!

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

This one is straight up oriental. Not as powdery. It's definitely balmy and spicy. It smells leathery, has more depth than the original Infusion D' Iris.

This is sexier, darker. Not for me but for those seeking something wild. For leather lovers I do recommend this.

arxsyn
arxsyn

I have spritzed this time and time again but always disappointed. It's far too powdery for my taste, veering towards the old lady type, when it was fashionable to dust on fragranced talcum body powders on warm bodies after a bath.

The warmth continues with only a hint of sweet, in the vanilla sugar powder and woods. Plus soft musk to further the powder theme.... The whole affair is very plush... Velour!
A fragranced velour powder puff that is. Fully loaded.

There is also some combination in this eau that reminds me of public washrooms that leave a lingering scent of industrial disinfectant or cleaner. I swear it smells pretty much like this minus the sweet, a little less powder and woods. Maybe the musk in it is the guilty culprit.

This eau is very linear and is smoother and softer in feeling than its predecessor. Pretty much smells like a powder puff all the way. Prefer the original with its distinct woody incense trail

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

hmmm. In my quest for a bottle of this, I stumbled accross the last 2 reviews and I want to add on the subject in my own nerdy way.

The meaning of the word "Absolue" in French... Here the word ends with an "e" because it is an adjective to the word "eau" or water, which means water as most people know. So the translation we are looking at is "the absolute perfumed water". In no way is it mentionned that this must be a stronger or more concentrated form of the original perfume. "Absolue" means, first in French:

"absolu" vient de absolutus, qui, en latin, veut dire "détaché, délié, séparé, retenu par rien.

In English now:

"absolu" comes from the Latin "absolutus" and means "detached, unconnected, separate, held by nothing.

Which really means to me that this perfume is actually a "stand alone" perfume that is in no way supposed to be connected to any others.

But this is the problem with the labels of perfumes that are marketed towards a non-French speaking clientele. They are confusing, hard to prononce and hard to read. So why not offer a translation to the non-French speakers? It would avoid a lot of confusion and regretted purchases!

mimikins24
mimikins24

I absolutely adore the original Infusion d'Iris and have worn it for years, so when I realized this was actually a new scent (and not an extrait, as Sherapop has pointed out the naming confusion), I was very excited to have it. Since I am so confident in every Prada scent I have owned, I went ahead a bought a FB.

Even though I "like" it on a test paper, I have to say that I am disappointed. I appreciate the green, dry, clean (boardering on soapy) scent of the original. To me the additions of the resin and vanilla confuse this. The notes do not seem to marry together, but rather it is like two fragrances layered on top of one another. Discordant in my view.

Since I already bought the bottle, I figured I should at least give it a wear to see if any transformation occurs. I must regretfully report that this turns into the dreaded play dough scent on me.

I found the overall longevity and sillage much reduced from the original. Interestingly, after about 10 hours, the play dough is gone, and I am left with very a light Infusion d'Iris (original) scent.

I would highly recommend people try wearing this scent before purchase. I imagine that fragrance could work for people who do not like the soapiness of the original, but this is an "absolue" strikeout for me. I will stick to the original, which means I will have to put my bottle up for swap.

This bizarre naming trend, adding misleading adjectives and nouns such as "essence" and "absolue" to the names of successfully launched perfumes, generates lots of dashed expectations, as there does not seem to be a lot of attention being given to the meanings of the words being attached by marketers casting about desperately to generate names as quickly as new perfumes are being launched. One might have thought, for example, that the "absolue" of a perfume would be its extrait. Not so, in the case of Prada INFUSION D'IRIS ABSOLUE, which is not just a stronger version of INFUSION D'IRIS--no, not by a long shot.

As someone who has managed (unbelievably enough) to drain an entire 200 ml bottle of Prada INFUSION d'IRIS edp and is making inroads into an even bigger jug of the stuff, I feel eminently qualified to pronounce on the difference between the latest Prada Infusion in the line-up, INFUSION D'IRIS ABSOLUE, and its namesake.

First off, it is different. Those who detect no difference between the two compositions are probably working from memory. Yes, they are more similar than either is to, say, CHANEL NO 5. But they are distinct compositions, without a doubt. My initial impression upon applying ABSOLUE was that this version was quite a bit more resinous than the original, what I see borne out in the hierarchy of notes above, where not only benzoin but also "mastic resin" is listed. This version also seems sweeter and inches in the direction of Guerlain L'INSTANT. It also conjures up in my mind memories of Kenzo FLOWER. One review mentions the Prada baby oil accord and, yes, I'd have to agree that it is much more pronounced in this version.

The biggest effect of the increased resin content is that ABSOLUE seems less clean and airy than either the eau de parfum or the eau de toilette, and also less green. The resins start to get just a bit gunky on me in the drydown, something that never happens with any other of the INFUSIONS. In fact, my favorite part of the entire series, the original, the eau de toilette, INFUSION D'HOMME, INFUSION DE VETIVER, INFUSION DE FLEUR D'ORANGER, and INFUSION DE TUBEREUSE, is the slightly soapy or clean edge in all of them. The only one which I do not own and have not tried is INFUSION DE ROSE, which I have never seen for sale anywhere!

All of the previous members of this series familiar to me are not too sweet nor do they have any dirtiness whatsoever, which makes them boring to some reviewers. For them, the ABSOLUE may be a welcome change. As for me, I'll stick with what I know.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Outrageously gorgeous iris. It screams "Holy Grail!" The perfect gem of Prada's lineup. After eliminating all "competition" from recent iris contenders within 30 seconds of "skinfall," it shifts into a masculine 2nd gear that gently imitates Jaipur Homme's inedible elegance. The vanilla harmonies hum throughout, from top to base, lending reflections of Shalimar and No. 5. The signature Prada baby oil accord is present and more beautiful than ever.

mymuse77
mymuse77

To me this fragrance doesn't hold a candle to the original Inusion D'Iris EDP. Its top notes are very sharp and too sweet, it doesn't go into the air at all, and worst of all, it simply disappears within 45 minutes of my applying it. The original lasts for 6-8 hours, and is heavenly. Oddly, even Infusion Pour Homme smells better than Absolue, and lasts forever!

hawkinsk3
hawkinsk3

I've come to the conclusion that Prada can do no wrong in their iris series. I love this softer, cozier, sweeter, and even powderier (is that a word?) version of the EDP. I wish it were longer lasting, but the fact that it's not keep me coming back for more.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This fell flat on my skin. There was also something a bit sharp about the composition. It was a real disappointment to me because I love the original and was hoping to love this one too. I didn't get any powdery iris or warm resins. I couldn't wait to wash it off.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

Just tested Prada Iris Absolue, and I have to admit it just went up on my wish list. On me it's a creamier, less playful version of Prada Candy which I have grown to love. It's almost like sweet milk, very light, gentle and comforting, but at the same time has the class and subtlety of Prada! :) The golden bottle is very pretty!

summer05
summer05

This perfume is super clean and fresh like a baby shampoo.
You can't recognize the vanilla scent, I would say that the little touch of it , gives the perfume the description of FEMININE!
Not CRAZY powdery, if you are a fan of GUERLAIN's L'instant magic , you'll love it!

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

Being a true Prada Iris lover,edp and edt,I was excited
to try this!The vanilla and musk could only add to this
intoxicating blend.The wait is not always worth it.This
is a poorly made copy of Geurlain Shalimar Initial,which
is a poorly made copy of Shalimar.A throw-back to the
past but rough around the edges,not quite a finished product.

perfumereviewer
perfumereviewer

Really, I feel like crying now. Where do I get this intersified Infusion d'iris perfume?
I love love love infusion d'Iris because it's so fresh and dry, and to have a more intense and slightly sweeter but still dry Infusion d'Iris seems a briliant idea. Where do I get it?

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

This smells so similar to the original (tried it), I don't recommend buying it if you have the original, which I own. I was hoping the orange flower would be strong, but it wasn't. Instead buy something new coming up. Chanel and Shisheido are having a new scent coming up in two months, that sound amazing.

While wearing this, I got the first perfume compliment from a stranger I've had in a long time. A man said to me, "I don't mean to be rude. But you're wearing a NICE perfume." I guess men like it!

This Absolu is so beautiful--the only Prada perfume I love and own, as Prada tends to create fragrances that are too light for my taste. Projection and longevity are pretty good, considering this is such a delicate, soft fragrance. It's noticeably sweet. It smells very resinous, like powdered honey, or maybe even like pure beeswax. I smell loads of iris. The first time I tried it on, I also tried on two other perfumes, but Infusion d'Iris Absolue was the sweet, powdery scent that kept on drifting all the way up to my nose from the back of my hand, consistently getting my attention. The scent is the epitome of femininity. It's lovely in a casual setting, yet I think it could be a very nice choice for an elegant evening out. This could be my favorite iris perfume. Beautiful bottle, too!

Update: I compared with the original EDP on the other arm, and the EDP is very citrus compared to the Absolut. The EDP dries down into a dark incense, and the Absolut dries down into a sweet galbanum/vanilla. They both have iris in common, but they are very different perfumes to me. I can understand the comparison to Shalimar Initial, but the big difference is that Initial smells like caramel, and this Absolut smells like a balmy vanilla. This also doesn't have that "Guerlain-aide" scent, which can be unappealing to some people.

jonr951
jonr951

LOVE it, WANT it! Smells very similar to the original but still LOVE it and WANT it. Haha! My brother and his GF said they couldn't tell the difference between the 2 but I don't have the original yet so I might as well just get the new one. : )

ruadcaelnia1
ruadcaelnia1

I love, love, love, this fragrance. It is one of my most beloved. The start is clear and present, a soft and powdery iris, with just a touch of pepper. It always shifts my mood, and brings a smile to my face. However, the most noticable thing about this fragrance is after I have adapted to it and have stopped noticing this graceful scent, as it continues to intrigue. I have had more people approach me and ask what I am wearing and remark on how wonderful of a smell it is. Caught by a breeze it pulls all in the vicinity under it's spell.

meral
meral

Lovely, tender, elegant, well-balanced but spitting image of Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial. I love it but was expecting something more innovative. So, my love affair with Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere continues.

MaryG
MaryG

This is a very beautiful fragrance, but it smells quite different to what I had imagined. I expected it to be a quite apparent mix between Infusion D'Iris and Candy, with an intensely penetrating iris note throughout. Instead the orange blossom shines brightly for a long while. I kept thinking how familiar it felt, and half an hour into the drydown it hit me - it's a stronger, more sultry version of Apres l'Ondee, or a softer, more wearable version of Insolence EDP. The orange blossom dominates heavily until the heart and base notes come through, followed by the iris, which smells a bit like violets here, and the vanilla, benzoin and tonka bean base give that added Guerlain familiarity. The whole composition is so smooth I wonder if it's still there sometimes, until it softly makes its presence known again. An intimate fragrance for sure. Is it a winner? YES. It has not only character and depth; it has some serious sex appeal but of the sensual kind. This is made of high quality ingredients in a more than average concentrated form. All the notes seem to be singing together, and the melody is irresistable. Model Lara Stone personifies Infusion D'Iris Absolue - an innocent beauty with a body made for sin and a mind for deep and meaningful conversations.

ninie25
ninie25

What a marvellous fragance ! I love it. Fresh, soapy and very elegant. A must have.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Two of Pradas earlier launches married each other and got a kid. This is the result. Luckily, this cute and soft kid inherited the good sides of its parents.

Parfum Absolue is a case of powdery vanilla - iris - benzoin - tonka - musc. It owes to its superstar mom, crème brûlée Candy and its other parent, powdery Infusion d'Iris EDP.

The opening is full of vanilla. Some "plastic" notes can be detected at the heart. Dries down to vanilla and leather(!). Medium projection.

If you're looking for something new from Prada, you're gonna have to wait a little longer - this is a showcase work of how Daniela Andrier-Roche can blend two existing fragrances together. (Nicely done!)

daniela3
daniela3

Majestic opening, it makes you think soon: 'Bingo this is the frag I've been waiting for!' You'll keep on thinking so for a while, let's say half an hour maximum 1 ... then something strange happens....the beauty of the iris disappear like a charm spellt by an illiterate witch leaving an 'empty' space or at least something not as refined as the premises had made you wished (since the very beginning) for. I couldn't take a proper decision about it, the frag is very nice on the paper whereas on my skin the things change a lot, may be it's my chemistry. I've been going around Infusion d'Iris Ab. for a while, but I've never decided to buy it and I was probably right. I believe that this is a quite misleading frag with its great appearance seeming so good at the first meeting... but like many false 'beauties' as soon as you approach them you'll discover far different figures - from what you have perceived before. I believe that in the dry down, it becomes really similar to Bulgari's 'Petits et Maman' and doing so it loses its appeal quite definitely. (To be clear: Petits et Maman is just a nice frag, here your expectations would be higher....)
Nice but only so, I was demanding something more (misleading name, no doubt!), while talking of 'iris' if it is the genuine one really employed the results must be much better.
I've found that the sillage here is split in two different times: at the very beginning (the 'Bingo!', moment) and lately when you assist at the performance of a deja-vu and it becomes quiet and really understating.
The persistence is good.
At least!

skeleton
skeleton

YES I also smell great resemblance to l'heure bleu. I do in fact think it smells a lot of violet, at least in the beginning. I think the lasting-power is rather good, though. A very nice perfume, a bit heavier than the original, but still soft. I think I prefer this version.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

I have it, at first very good, Iris-y. But NO staying power in my opinion, it goes away very fast, even faster than the original Infusion d'Iris. Didn't expect this from a perfume at such price point, very disappointed.

Edit: does anybody else see the resemblance to L'Heure Bleue of Guerlain (without the anise and carnation spiciness?) It drives me crazy - same powdery Iris, vanilla and musk.
L'Heure Bleue is better though...

MetHimOnASunday
MetHimOnASunday

I got this last week. It's out here in Denmark. I don't know who rated Iris the weakest note, 'cause to me, this perfume is a big leathery Iris, with some faint supporters. It really should be in the leather group. It's Iris, with some benzoin, and a little white flower action. It's not nearly as clean as the original, which I like. I love this one a lot!

hunterblu

I see that you folks that have had the pleasure of smelling this already feel that the iris note is the least prominent...I am a little concerned, to be honest. Iris is one of my top five notes, along with mimosa, violet (flower and leaf), bergamot, cedar and pink peppercorn. Hopefully with some more exposure we'll see the iris note rise in prominence.

hunterblu

I absolutely adore all three of Prada's previous Fragrances in this family. I rotate Infusion d'Iris EDP, Infusion d'Homme and Infusion d'Iris EDT (until I ran out last week) more than any other fragrances in my 25-30 bottle collection. I find all three to be absolutely delicious and one will always suit whatever mood I'm in.

So, needless to say, I am very excited to get my iris loving nose near this fragrance. Really, seriously can not wait...I hope it is as delicious, subtle and beautiful as the previous installments. Yay for another Prada iris frag...

I will be back to post as soon as this hits my friendly nearby Nordstrom counter.

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

This is fresh, soapy, and mild...when dry it gives an impression of an herb garden at dawn. It is very spring-like. I am a fan of the mild and soft scents, but this one comes close to downright weak. I am certain that this scent could never offend anyone, no matter how heavily it were applied. It smells beautiful from start to finish, but that is a mere hour or two, even though it is an EDP. Dry down is real quick too, like ten minutes. During its dry down it goes from alcohol to strong iris with orange blossom and finally the base notes appear. It is not a sweet scent although there is just a hint of sweetness which seems associated with the orange blossoms and neroli. The vanilla is very tastefully incorporated into the fragrance so that it doesn't stand out with any prominence. I think it would smell as nice on a man as on a woman. In the end, it smells just like a person fresh from the shower after using high quality bath products.

Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue by Prada 4.36 out of 5 based on 338 ratings and 54 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prada Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prada Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue by Prada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Infusion d'Iris Eau de Parfum Absolue by Prada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.