Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

L`Eau Ambree Prada for women

L`Eau Ambree Prada for women
dislike

I have it: 803 I had it: 216 I want it: 494 My signature: 23

L`Eau Ambree Prada for women Pictures L`Eau Ambree Prada for women Pictures L`Eau Ambree Prada for women Pictures L`Eau Ambree Prada for women Pictures L`Eau Ambree Prada for women Pictures

Prada presents their fragrance L`Eau Ambree in September 2009. The perfume incorporates modernized amber, lemon and May rose essences. Dry-down includes patchouli, oppoponax and vanilla. Its sophisticated and elegant nuances are represented by an advertisement in which a girl poses as if in a trance; a modern statue which alludes at ancient reliefs. Outer carton is colored in white. The fragrance is available as a deluxe edition 80ml edp, along with standard packages: 30, 50 and 100ml edp. An accompanying assortment incorporates 200 ml bath and shower gel, body lotion, body cream and body powder. Perfumer is Daniela Andrier. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier.

Amalfi Lemon Citruses

Patchouli Rose

Opoponax Amber Vanille

L`Eau Ambree Fragrance Reviews

mi55anthr0py
mi55anthr0py

I test-drove this last night; my husband described it as "flat" and dismissed it. I disagree with his assessment, however.

On me, this opens as warm, spicy, and fruity, with a pleasant "boozy" quality (somewhere between gin and whisk(e)y). Over time, it settles into a dry spiciness that wears close to the skin. There's something in it that faintly reminds me of Prada Candy, but L'Eau Ambree, to me, isn't anywhere near as "commercial"-smelling or accessible as Candy. This is a completely inoffensive fragrance that'd be perfect for cool/cold weather and the workplace. Very nice.

I don't find this light at all. I find it pretty heavy actually. last night I applied a little too much and I found it a bit cloying in a strongly sweet way. this morning I applied just on my wrists and it is much better and enjoyable. I don't care for that ambery sweetness near my face. I also find this very long lasting, I could still smell it this morning before I took my shower. I like it but don't love it and I don't find it easy to wear.

chrisndema
chrisndema

Soft and boring. Smells like drier sheets and some makeup products or hair conditioner....in essence boring!! With the list of notes i was expecting some kind of drama but meh. Like sumone mentioned. This makes a nice bedtime scent.

arxsyn
arxsyn

A gentle, restrained, elegant, inoffensive, unobtrusive floriental. Not overly sweet or vanillic on me. Warm cozy oriental feel without incense or spice. Only vaguely floral. Like smelling something in solid crystalline form, if I imagine a real hunk of fossilized amber as having a smell... But it's leaning more of a white Color and polished to perfection, imparting a gleam or glow to the surface... Not a rich honey amber hue one would expect from the name.

Too quiet and simple for me because I adore the opulence of the genre. I am in want of flowers, spices, incense, and everything nice. I want it all!

That said, if you want subtlety this is a good choice for everyday wear to work or school, running errands for example. It's like olfactive white space, nothing extreme or loud and just pleasant all around...

auroramaria
auroramaria

This is a very sophisticated amber not too heavy quite sweet and a bit powdery.
It opens with rose and patchuly then comes a very delicate amber suitable for the colder months and Springtime.
It must have been discontinued cause I don't see it on shelves anymore only available on line.

vgedin
vgedin

On my skin, it starts with the mild citrus notes, and turns into a more woody-smoky scent in a few minutes. I smell the amber and the opoponax after about half an hour or 45 minutes.

The scent is cozy and rather sexy; its soft and stays close to the skin. But longevity is absolutely terrible. 2-4 hours tops, then its just gone. Huge let down, and that makes me regret spending my money on it.

But for those who don't mind reapplying a few times a day or only need it to last a few hours on an evening out, this is perfect. Sophisticated, classy and unique.

liney
liney

I just love the smokiness of this. Also my sister says she loves the scent I leave behind the house before I leave for work. She even commented that it reminds her of YSL Opium (which I also love). And I can see why, every note in L'eau Ambree - citrus, patchouli, rose, amber, vanilla and opopponax are ALL in Opium even in their top note, middle note and base note order. Except I don't think I can wear Opium in the office - way too strong. But it has the same smoky, balsamic, resinous quality - but cleaner, more sophisticated and not in your face. I don't think I can get sick of this!

birsen
birsen

My bf very rarely notices and says anything for the perfumes I am wearing, but I have to say this one impressed him. For some reason I thought it didn't last too long, and for that reason I only wear it at home or when I am ready to go to bed, love it I find it very comforting.
So I put it on the other day, cuz I was planning to stay home and relax, but then I had to go to get couple groceries, and here I got my first compliment from deli cutter. After that I end up going to multiple other places since I was out already, and everywhere I go I get at least one compliment, and then I went for a bite with a friend, and she gave me compliment as well, and that was around 9 pm. I guess I was wrong, because I got so many compliment, therefore it is quite noticeable, it is close to the skin but at the same time stands out.
For me it is more fresh, then flowery, smelling some kind of sourness and sweetness in a very nice combination. I couldn't smell it myself, but I got compliments in a 7 hours timeline, without reapplying . Love it!

canadianpetite

I love this so much that I have about four bottles. My skin brings out the amber and rose. The patchouli ensures neither one is shrill. I like it when it gets powdery and fresh. Yes, Prada definitely has a signature style. They seem to be flankers of each other but with a twist. For awhile, I've been thinking that I have been wearing and loving Infusion d'Iris but it is L'eau Ambre that is the culprit. It lasts long and people comment positively about it. It projects but thankfully, the scent is soft enough that people gladly sniff the air when they catch a trail. I could wear this night or day and just about anywhere. Lasts many days on my scarf.

One spray on me:
Sillage: about a foot for two or three hours
Longevity: about 5 hours

polly golightly
polly golightly

ambra sofisticata ma leggera, mirra dolce, agrumi, patchouli

SamTheRiddler
SamTheRiddler

I have a history of being unobservant/generally absent-minded and buying one perfume when I really mean to purchase another. My purchase of L'eau Ambree was a prime example of that, where the tester in store was Amber, which I loved, so I grabbed a box of it from behind the tester, only to discover once I got home that I had bought L'eau Ambree.

I couldn't help but be somewhat disappointed, as L'eau Ambree lacks the depth and warm-spicy feel of Amber that I loved. I wanted smoky oakmoss, sandalwood and musk, but I got lousy citrus instead!.. Anyway. After a month or so had passed, I decided to get over my initial disappointment/general heart-break and prejudice, and give L'eau another go.

On me, it's a powdery warm amber on a patchouli base. Almost a minimalist scent, it's very classy and 'lady-like', without smelling too old/mature. It's quite subtle, so it's a good go-to for me when I need something inoffensive and appropriate for a professional setting, but still something oriental that I actually enjoy wearing. The citrus is hardly noticeable on me (thank goodness for that), I can smell it in the opening when I first apply it, but it disappears not long after that. Could be a unisex fragrance.

Overall, it is a lovely fragrance, which I will continue to wear (and enjoy) on a regular basis... I'm still going to keep an eye out for a bottle of Amber though.

Juliana6
Juliana6

This is a lovely one! The opening seems to me like a green powder (if that exists) -fresh, floral, thick, slightly sweet. But then I notice something elegantly bitter. An adult sadness that you can see in the eyes of a mature lady because of her romantic but still sad experience of life.
It stays close to the skin, the staying power on me is extremely low, so I have to reapply all the time. ( I got it already used and at a good price, but it's not worth the full price.)
It's like you looked in the autumn at the sun above the open sea through a big, clearly transparent, golden amber. The warmth, the last golden sunlight, the sensation of happy sadness. Sensation of being alive.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

This has become a great layering fragrance for me! I feel I can add it with most of what I have in my wardrobe to increase longevity and/or depth.. it's quite light on its own, but still very lovely.

Very different than what I expected, as well.. almost smells like a book to me. Subtle notes all around, not one of them stands out. I enjoy wearing this one to bed, if I'm not pairing it with another fragrance.

dkny27
dkny27

Nothing of what I expected.... I smell soft roses with a kiss of woody amber.
There's a tiny hint of citrus fruit in the dry down...
I'm really at a loss of words to further describe. It's not a bad scent, it just comes off very light and mediocre on my skin.....
Nothing spectacular to me....

Ambresoie
Ambresoie

I love amber scents and thought I would like this one based on the description of the notes.
But I am very disappointed. It's a very weak scent, which does not smell nice on my skin at all and after an hour it's gone.
There are much better amber scents, like f.i. l'Eau d'Ambre by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

When I first tried L`Eau Ambree I thought of church - in a good way! There is a soapiness to the scent, but it has just enough mystery that I imagined a woman more alluring than my late-20s self wearing it. She wears fine clothes and jewelry because she has traveled many places and treasures the gifts she has received over the years. It is a warm and clean scent for a Sunday morning, yet it must be the opoponax that suggests incense, ritual, and mystery in an ornate house of worship in a far-off place and a far-off time.

This is a scent that stays softly on my skin throughout the day. I choose this scent for work sometimes, with dressy daytime wear, or anytime I'm looking for classy and clean. The initial spritz does nothing for me, but then the scent passes through the sweetness of rose and amber before leaving a dusty, incense finish. I only seem to pick up this bottle when the weather is cold. It is a warm and comforting scent, but I love how it just barely hints at something more exotic.

TillyWave
TillyWave

At first I was in love, I sprayed Prada Ambree on my skin and inhaled beautiful dark notes: resins, a hint of smoke, sweet amber underlying it all, a very slight accent of rose eventually revealed itself. I thought, Wow this is so up my alley I am so happy!

Unfortunately after 10 minutes it started dying down, and in about an hour I could smell nothing, it completely disappeared. Normally I adore scents like this but with staying power like that it's not worth wearing.

insolence
insolence

As Germany said, it just smells like your skin but better

It was love at first smell, but now when I wear it almost every day, I think it is too weak, too inoffensive and 'proper' for my taste. Yes, the sillage is very soft and the scent only lasts about 2 hours on my skin, but this is not my point. To me it smells like a weak vanilla water with just a hint of amber. It is 10c outside and I can't hear neither patchouli nor roses. I think L'eau ambree will be more suitable to September/October weather.

If it had some spiciness to be charismatic and unforgettable it would be the best fall fragrance in the world

chillalot
chillalot

OMG I am in love with this warm clean classy scent...makes me feel polished and sophisticated. I'm getting about 5-6 hours out of this...this is my new signature scent...If my house was burning down this is THE fragrance I would grab. I can wear this with jeans, work wear or a sexy dress. Its timeless, chic and elegant like a pair of diamond studs.
Prada really makes a great product but why is this not in stores...is it being discontinued??..hopefully not but I think I'll order another bottle and the lotion to be safe

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I was lucky enough to sample this yesterday and...WOW.

At first, this was faintly reminiscent of Infusion D' Iris for some reason...but that quickly went away and L'eau Ambree evolved into a stunning mix of Amber and Patchouli. The Citrus and Vanilla notes are there but on me, they're in the background while the Amber and Patchouli shine.

I would wear this year round - Definitely in the current Hot weather and absolutely in Winter. Longevity is good - around 4 hours on my skin and the projection was impressive the whole time (had a couple of compliments).

I fell in love with Infusion D'Iris, so much so that a small sample sent me on a wild chase for a full bottle (which I have and adore)....I can feel the same thing happening with this perfume. Definitely require a full bottle of this ASAP!!!

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

L'Eau Abree reminds me of a nicer, sweeter version of Infusion de Vetiver, although none vetiver is listed. Also, it is a bit like original Prada Prada with more citrus notes in the opening and less resins/ambar in the base.I thought I would like it much more than I do. But, perhaps it is just that I do love Prada Prada a lot, and then the L'Eau seems a bit too weak, maybe?

Daivuce
Daivuce

What a beautiful autumn office scent this is! You can't over-do this one.
Opens up with a slightly bitter citrus peel on me that stays prominent for about 5 min, then mellows down to soft amber with a hint of rose and sweet myrrh. I can't detect patchouli or vanilla in this at this point. As time goes the myrrh gets more prominent and rose disappears. An hour later patchouli comes out to play pushing some of the sweetness away, and introducing an ever so slight bitterness. It stays like that for a few hours and then disappears.

There are a few negatives:
Staying power on me is around 3 hrs (dry skin), so a few re-sprays during the day are needed.
I don't like how it smells on my clothes... after a few hours I get a cold clean smell, like a laundry that was washed without soap and left to dry outside in cold weather and strong wind. It's probably patchouli. No sweetness at all and it stays!

Conclusion: More on the skin and in my hair - none on the clothes. Still love it!! :D

Update: Mix this with Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher for a stronger amber note and sweetness.

Amber can be a difficult note for me. I believe this is because "amber" is often just a catch-all term for a blend of resins and vanilla. Often amber fragrances have too much sweetness and too little smoke for my liking.
L'Eau Ambree is an exception. It's a very powdery, slightly bitter amber. I almost want to say it's a clean amber which puts it squarely in line with it's sister scents in Prada's repertoire.
I find this fragrance pleasantly mature and distinctly Oriental. A bit of a throwback in some respects. There is no "wink" in L'Eau Ambree. It's quite straightforward without being boring. A pleasant surprise when so many new fragrances on the market seem very slapdash with no point of view.

katoy4
katoy4

First of all: I really like it.
However I now have a sample, a mini and a tester and they all smell different in the opening, which makes me think that this perfume may be a bit fragile and storage-dependent. The sample (probably the freshest) has a pleasant lemon in the opening. The tester has more of the 'masculine' or 'funky' accord that some reviewers noticed, but this quickly gives way to the heavenly soft drydown. The mini is more smoky and medicinal (I do sense bergamot here) in the opening and at first I was afraid it had totally gone off, but after 30 min the same drydown appeared. So, the reviews and responses below may vary due to the age/condition of the bottle. The good thing is that after it settles, this is a lovely, soft, refined scent.

jjtimmy
jjtimmy

This is my love in a bottle. I am not good at describing notes, but I feel so empowered whenever I wear it. Soft yet strong, independent and feminine, and ultra-elegant; people always ask me what I'm wearing. To me, this is my magic potion.

mashuda
mashuda

I love this perfume. So soft and whimsical. I love the sweet myrrh in this (opoponax) and amber. This wud have been my all time favourite had it not been for its very short lasting power. :( I have edts that last longer than this. Sigh.....

Scout
Scout

I bought this on a blind buy simply because I have had two other Prada ambers in the past and they were extremely well done for my skin. And I am so glad I did. Do not be intimidated by the black bottle and listing of super heavy ingredients. This is light, and ever-so-snuggle-licious!!! It is pretty and soft and lovely and I cannot wait for it to leave behind its trail on my softest heavy winter turtlenecks!!! An infant could wear this it is so tender. <3

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

On my skin this is a lovely soft amber.

A great Fall everyday fragrance.

I already love Prada's Iris & Oranger and feel it is definitely related tto these scents.

Would recommend.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This is truly beautiful and much fresher than Prada Amber.
I love the citrus in the opening and the amber is sweet and long lasting. The dry down to this is delicate, sweet without being cloying and it is very addictive. I cannot stop smelling my wrist.
Longevity is excellent, this lasts for hours and silage sits close to the skin.

zucchera
zucchera

I bought this recently and was hoping it would smell a little like Prada (Amber) Prada for women but it doesen´t. It has a very poor longivity on me and I can only feel the citrusy scent for a short while. I´m really disappointed escpecially since Prada (Amber)smells for 24 h on me.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

There is a refinement to the Prada line that makes them feel too “corporate” to me, as if, to properly wear one of their fragrances, I should be wearing pinstripes and patent leather pumps. I think I am far too feral for this line. I will never be “corporate”, even though I work in finance because I have a wild child streak that can’t be tamed and even if I could tame it, I wouldn’t want to!
Every time I try on a Prada fragrance, I suddenly feel self-conscious; as if my hair is too curly and my hips too swishy because they all smell so “deliberately constructed” as if nothing is left to whimsy, chance, or accident.
That said, L’Eau Ambre is one of the zanier fragrances from their line because of the wild child patchouli note, but it’s still too stiff for me. It’s too Gloria Allred while I am too Gloria Steinem.

Germany

I am sure I reviewed this before as it use to be one of my top favorites . I just stared wearing it again and I can still say it belongs to my favorite scents that I will always like. It's a classy , sophisticated and elegant perfume. Not for girls , you need to be in your mid twenties and up. This, as a lot of Prada s, is however a skin scent to me. It's natural and earthy , nothing synthetic about it. Therefore after a while it just smells like your skin but better , like clean warm , showered ambery sexy skin. I love it , its a simple statement , clean, elegant, warm and sophisticated indeed.

nannaje
nannaje

The box mentions GARDENIA JASMINOIDE as middle note... (and no amber, actually!)

NicoleO
NicoleO

Too much of a skin scent for me, half an hour of wearing it and I can't smell it unless I put my nose to my wrist. It's hard to detect certain notes when you can barely smell it, I do like it but too subtle for me.

edit: This actually has amazing staying power. Even though it's very soft, I could still smell it after 10 hours.

regnflickan
regnflickan

So, Ivé been wearing this parfume for 30 minutes. The opening was not very pleasant but as Ivé read several reviews here it´s worth the wait. So, I waited and after ten minutes I could hardly detect any scent at all. So, I sprayed once again and experienced the horrible opening, wait for it I told myself and then... nothing again. So, at this point Im thinking theres something wrong with my nose and makes my husband smell my arm. He didn´t get the scent from my arm either, SO WIERD! I don´t think this has ever happend to me before. Can body chemistry erase a scent? Or is my own scent to alike so I don´t feel it because of that? Anyway, I got a 2 ml test sample from myperfumesamples.com and maybe I will try to use it up or i will just give it to a friend.

I just LOVE Miss Dior Le parfume that is also patchouli, rose and amber and stays on forever. I will stick to that one.

Edit: Okey, so I decides that this is redicoulus and sprayed HEAVILY on my arm. I get the scent now but it doesn´t have the creaminess I want in a parfume and it´s kind of... dusty now that I sprayed so much. I hope my friend will like this better :)

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Got a sample from Neiman's. This smells so good on me. Love it! Not too overpowering...a bit of sweet and powdery, just the way I like it! This one is a keeper, I will be buying this one.

danie
danie

First I was very disappointed,and it seemed heavy and too powdery, I thought it's more suitable for men( I sprayed it on my wrists and another was on me).But next day I sprayed on my neck and.........yes I like it:) It's soft,elegant and warm scent,more for cold weather, lasting power moderate.

Second bottle of L'eau Ambree and I just love, love, love it. Fresh, deep, superwomanish and sexy scent. On my skin I smell the Opoponax, Amber, Patchouli, Vanille and just a weak hint of citruses. Just superelegant and lovely. Longlasting on my skin - about 6-7 hours. Less is more - 1 spray goes a long way. Don't spray to much - it will get overwhelming and thick in a bad way. Perfect for spring daytime and summerevenings. A keeper.

Andra flaskan med L'eau Ambree och jag bara älskar, älskar, älskar den. Fräsch, djup, superkvinnlig och sexig. På min hud känner jag mest Opoponax, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilj och en svag aning av citrus. Superelegant och underbar. Håller länge på min hud, ungefär 6 - 7 timmar. 1 sprejning räcker långt. Om du sprejar för mycket så blir den tjock och övermäktig på ett obehagligt sätt. Perfekt för vårdagarna eller sommarkvällarna. Klar favorit.

ginawadsworth

Just remembered why this reminds me of silk, leather and cashmere. Patchouli was used in the past to stop moths eating cloth. It must be a scent a remember from childhood, probably from my grandmother's wardrobe.

ginawadsworth

Having told you that this has minimal life on my skin, I tried adding a spritz of Jovan White Musk, as seen in that review, followed by Prada. Amazing results, instead of maybe half hour, if I am lucky, I got 4 hours of this beauty. Prada was in no way changed, merely prolonged, heavenly, so creamy and delightful, but you have to wait for the initial alcohol blast to burn off.

canadianpetite

Love love this scent. I love the balminess, the powdery-iness of it. To me it opens with soft amber with rosy patchouli. The floral seems stronger than the patchouli which can be offputting sometimes. From beginning to end, the balance between amber, patchouli and floral notes are balanced. The sillage can be big but no one has complained yet and hubby told me I smell good today. Be careful if wearing to the office or close quarters. I love L'Eau Ambree and Infusion d'Iris (Coco Premiere, Flowerbomb) -- if that tells you my preferences. I love this so much that I have a backup bottle and intend to buy the other bottle at Winners as well!

On me with two sprays,
Sillage: about 2 feet
Longevity: about 5 hours

Update July9/2013: unsolicited compliment today at work

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

this is very similar to Prada L'eau ambre very sexy smells like pure silk or a silk blouse

Candy + L'Eau Ambree = amazing

L.A brings a mature sensuality to Candy, where Candy brings edible naughtiness.

alanood
alanood

I liked this one a lot . but only whin it sattiled down . perfect for evining and wenter time . the orignal also is one of my favorits but why is prada insisting on calling them (ambree) becaues seriously I dont see where amber is. maybe in the orignal little bit but cant find it in this one. I can say this is a smoky sweet(not overlly sweet)scent . staing power and sillage are are perfect .

ginawadsworth

Supremely smooth, like a mixture of silk and cashmere or high quality leather. Soft, touchable, ethereal and intoxicating are just a few words to describe this. Intensely warm and comforting, but sadly not long lasting on me. Added a drop of patchouli oil into a decant of about 10 ml as I hate the atomiser. This not only upped the sillage, but also added depth. Would certainly continue to do this and would like to try Prada Intense or Prada Prada for comparison. May a little too expensive for what you get, but definately quality in an "old money" way - I'm loaded but don't have to tell you that, you just have to look at me!

I'm not sure whether to like this or not because it has such a split personality. I think the opening is terrible. It smells funky and sharp, and reminds me of men's cologne. But once it settles - my gosh, it's beautiful. Sweet, seductive, warm, powdery, balmy, amber. I was tempted to put this on my dislike shelf because of the top notes, but the drydown is so good, and the opening only lasts a short time. I like it a lot, I just wish the opening was better.

Jama4
Jama4

Headache in a bottle!!!

This perfume should have been called L'Eau Patchouli.

Impressions:
Initial spritz: wow all I can smell is lime
1 min later: I smell patchouli
5 min later: Ok the patchouli component is still very strong, I am starting to notice some amber...I will give it more time
1 hr later: a ying yang of amber and patchouli I need to wash this off

My skin type: oily / youthful
Office safe: No its too strong
Potency: HEAVY (1 or 2 sprays is enough)
Projection: arm's length
Timing: fall / winter evenings
Cost: $36 (red tag sale) for 100 ml / 3.38 oz at Winners / TJ Maxx

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

mimikins24
mimikins24

I must admit that I love 95% of the Prada fragrances I have tried, so there is likely some inherent bias in my review.

It opens with a harsh mix or citrus, alcohol and smoke (almost like cigarettes). Highly unpleasant! --- but this opening dissipates very quickly (about 10 mintues or so).

On my skin, once this initial transition is complete, there is no further development. I get a mixture of the amber, patchouli and vanilla. Not too sweet, with a hint of dustiness. No rose in here for me, but just a light hint of citrus remains to brighten the overall impression.

I must agree with the other reviewers who say there is an underlying signature of "Prada" in the drydown. I experience the same dusty and slightly soapy undertone in Infusion D'Iris, Candy and Prada Prada drydowns. I have no idea what to attribute this to.

This is definitely a skin scent, close to the body and very seductive to me. I can imagine this on a man or a woman.

I am a bit dissapointed in the longevity of this particular offering. I get about 5 hours wear out of it, whereas D'Iris is an all day scent for me. I might be dissapointed if I paid full price, but I found it on a good discount.
I will definitely buy again!

Fiji
Fiji

Prada Ambree reminds me of what a luxury soap would smell like at a 5 star Italian hotel. It's clean and soapy and very elegant.

judyk
judyk

This is so *pretty*!! That was the first thing that popped into my head when I sprayed it on.

Sweet citrus, amber (natch), May rose (lighter and fresher than Damascus), I would have sworn there was an ample dose of musk, must be the amber(gris), and a slight spiciness, perhaps the opoponax?

I got none of the "rough" opening referred to by previous reviewers, perhaps because mine is a decant presumable sprayed from the bottle, so those notes have already dissipated.

I'm only familiar with one other Prada - Infusion d'Iris, but like @kylexora I also picked up a "Prada-ish" note that instantly reminded me of it, despite the fact that apart from mandarin they have no other notes in common. Curious.

This is the sort of perfume I would wear when I want to make a good impression on meeting someone for the first time. I must get some more of this now. :)

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I just got my highly discounted bottle (winter sale). I have to say it is different than every perfume. I was a bit afraid of citrus in it as i am not a fan of fresh citrusy smells but here's a nice surprise. Couple of miniutes after first spray all the freshness was gone and lovely elegant balmy scent started to show. Reminds me a bit of hindu stores with all the aromatic oils. I don't love it as much i just like it and all the smoothness it contains, it's a warm smell that hugs you staying always close to your skin.

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

Wonderful scent. I get the balmy amber resin from this one with almost a dusty overtone in there. This is how I love my patchouli, sweetly rich and fragrant but not overly earthy. The lasting power isn't wonderful but isn't terrible either. I get many compliments when i wear this, and I think it's definitely a Fall/Winter scent.

crystalmonsters

I got a sample in my perfume shop and I LOVED it! It was kind of powdery and soapy but I think that might've been the citrus notes to start with, once it had dried down it smelled so good on my wrists!
So I thought, hmm, I'll try it out from the bottle when I next saw it. Sprayed it into the air and didn't like it. Sprayed it onto my skin and still didn't like it.
I've got myself another little sample so hopefully I decide I like it now, but it was so disappointing!

cccris
cccris

this is the first fragrance that got me sniffing my wrists obsessively to catch every twist and turn of scents! it starts off extremely citric, acidic even, bright and uplifting. then all of a sudden it becomes very sensual and self assured, warm and misteriously sweet, very sophisticated. after a while it's as if just skin, soft and sensuous. my absolute favorite! just wish it lasted longer and was a bit stronger.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

The first few seconds of this perfume were really off putting to me. It was as if the patchouli was infused with the citrus in a weird way. Then it settled and gave me the most beautiful true mandarine note with a soft patchouli and I also get something like cedar but it is probably the opoponax playing tricks on me. Vanilla is not listed on the bottle but it seems to be in here and it warms the perfume and make it almost gourmand in the most natural way. Think a mandarine next to a vanilla bean! Then the serious opoponax/patchouli combo makes it so zen and mystical. This is a good fragrance for a forest priestess or a femal druid. ;)

I can't get over how natural the mandarine and cedrat smell in this. I get no rose whatsoever. YAY!! I have enough rose fragrances already.

I really am in love with all the Prada, even poor little Candy that nobody seems to like.

the notes on the box are (translated from French)
mandarine essence
Italian citron
May rose absolute
common Gardenia
Somalian opoponax
Indonesian patchouli

vivik
vivik

a bit too alcoholic at the beginning, then a a bit like my grandfather´s after shave, not bad actually, then some green tea/amber/patchouli freshness, some leather... another one that is rather for men.

kylexora
kylexora

I bought a small bottle of L'Eau Ambree and I love it. well, the first time I tried it was two years ago, I remember the smell, and I like it, but I never thought of buying big bottle (yes, even 30ml). The moment my miniature arrive, I immediately dabbed it on my wrist and start to sniff - wonderful smell, although quite rough at first sniff. The smell turn Prada-ish after 10 minutes, powdery, ambery, and soft. But after an hour, I feel guilty. The smell seems similar to some perfume I had. I keep digging in my mind, then I remember one name : Obsession by Calvin Klein. Both smells similar, only Prada L'Eau Ambree is more softer. I'm so thankful I dont buy a big bottle - because I dont like to re-use any smell I used to wore.

soroush.akbari007
soroush.akbari007

i got it for my girlfriend's birthday. i hope she love it.

s_athena
s_athena

Eau Ambree at first sounded like the best thing ever for me. I really liked Prada Amber's spicy warmth and subtle sweetness, but didn't really like the initial hit of incense smoke. A cooled-off version to temper the smoke in the original seemed like a good idea. Then I tried the sample.

It's not that it starts out bad. In fact the opening is downright heavenly with an Earl Grey tea accord. I waited and waited for the slow warm-up of the amber, but it just cooled off even more. Then came the icy blast of my grandfather's aftershave coming out of a steamy shower. Where Prada was warm spice and honey melting in the incense burner, Eau Ambree is the resin kept in storage in a cool cellar. If there is such a thing as a cold amber, this is it, and it's not my cup of tea (so to speak). And what's worse, just as a tease, the warm tea and bergamot keeps popping up for air as it gets choked by the cold aftershave. I'll have to wait to try this again in the summer to see if it takes on a different character that I might like, but for now eau Ambree is running hot and cold, and can't decide what sort of amber it's supposed to be. This one will get set aside, either until summer, or never. I'm just glad I only ordered a sample!

dthomas
dthomas

This has become my signature fragrance as I prefer to only be smelled at close proximity. I find it incredibly sensual.

I have the travel spray and the atomizer. I love the glamour of the atomizer but it does leak when tilted and seems to smell stronger than the travel spray when first applied. Perhaps oxygen changed the scent?? In either case they both dry down beautifully.

I do layer with the lotion mostly and occasionally the powder. The powder does smell like a different fragrance to me and I'm not overly fond of the puff.

xdollpartsx
xdollpartsx

Beautiful, clean, dusky yet fresh rose amber scent, and I totally agree with the earl grey comment it definitely has that kind of note, the scent melts into the skin so softly and becomes an aura of femininity. I have to wear this over a lotion for it to last as it only lasts about 3-4 hours on dry skin but this for me is a keeper at least to compromise for the impending discontinuation of midnight poison (UK at least)

Sizzler
Sizzler

L'eau Ambree turned out to be a surprise gem for me. I troll around the TJMAXX perfume section on and off, hoping for something amazing to turn up. I spotted this Prada fragrance and though it wasn't exactly a steal, I decided to take a chance.

The anticipation in these situations is always so exciting and my expectations were high. I was disappointed at first. I smelled a lot of powder over the grey amber and I don't love powdery stuff (or it takes some getting used to). But I was doing the thing where you are trying really hard to understand the fragrance and kept shoving my wrist to my nose. This is a mystery of a fragrance which has to be left alone to reveal its secrets. The distant melody of this scent comes in waves, like music you might strain to hear from far away.

I do not get overwhelmed w citrus but, I do enjoy a kind of earl grey bergamot (though not a listed note) and it's elegant effect on the amber and oppoponax. It seems dry w a dusty powder rather than sweet, which I like and adds variety to my collection. Someone described this as gothic and ghostly and I agree w that but I still find it very wearable, it is both haunting and comfortable when I get whiffs of this through the day. This scent stays close to its wearer (but I think sometimes it reaches out) and is a glorious mix of "masculine" and "feminine." This is my first Prada fragrance and my favorite!

ladyimmortelle
ladyimmortelle

This is another winner. The Prada fragrances are simply perrrfect for me. I always feel very feminine when I wear this. This one is so delicious + it does last a long time. Sensuous, creamy, elegant, light but chic and never overpowering.

Love the bottle aswell! Simple but classy. Try it - you will not be disappointed.

verzosa
verzosa

This instantly became a favorite of mine. This fragrance is so elegant, classy, but still so casual. Ambree is one of those perfumes that at first glance seems simply put together, but has deep secrets hidden in itself.

This perfume is quite sweet, in a very mysterious, toned down way. The patchouli (which is a note I'm generally not really fond of), rose and vanilla play well together in a flirty sophisticated way.

And after reading other reviews on this, I see that people compare this to Prada Infusion d'Iris, and I must say that they do share lot of the same characteristics. But I find this one more mysterious and very lingerie-like. Whereas Infusion d'Iris achieves smelling clean in one of the most sophisticated way possible.

I'm definitely head over heels for this one.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

I had the original Prada for many years, and for years I've tried to wear it...unsuccessfully I may add! I was out with a girlfriend and smelled this. It took her and the sales guy a long time to get me to actually try it, because I had such a miserable time with original Prada that basically had given up on them all.

Original Prada, which I liked, had a weird synthetic note I really hated and drove me nutty. The other thing that it has was the oakmoss. Oakmoss I loved but on my skin in this composition it sat there like a block of furry green ice, looking at me and saying," its not me, its you, we're not meant to be together" I felt like it wasn't fair, and I tried to force the issue, but in the end thankfully for us both, I sent her to a new home where can meld better with a new owner.

Maybe I should start a blog "if perfumes could talk"...lol

But on a more serious note, it did NOTHING for me at all. And the more I read about how people loved it, the more frustrated I would become. I've tried wearing it in every possible way with no success. On me its loud, hard edged, and ugly and I got so much oakmoss!

L'eau Ambree is softer...thankfully! I can smell the lovely floral I was missing in Original Prada, I smell the vanilla, thank the stars for it, because it wasn't there in original, and best of all, the oakmoss is gone.

On first smell its like original Prada with a Lemon Citron kick, though missing is the overwhelming oakmoss I would always get.

Now of course I had to wait it out as the citrus was quite strong in the beginning. But oh man, so glad I did wait! After the first 10 minutes it really started to smell good. I had to walk around the store for a bit because it was just doing its thing. There's a "pradaness" about this scent as with pretty much most of their scents thats just there. You're either going to like that or not, but its something you're never going to get away from.

But the amber though light, is so amazing. Its powdery and gorgeous. I don't think some will like how soft it is, but can appreciate it considering the strength of the juice. I was getting the mix of that and citrus, and I really loved it, so refreshing, which I would have thought otherwise. Once I started to get rose, I was hooked. The vanilla and rose sweetened the juice to a degree that I found pretty darn nice. I could smell patchouli but it stayed well in the background until about hour 6 or so. Then it came forward but even though it was dominate it stayed very classy.

I got at least 8-9 hours out of a single spray.

My testing day for this was very warm and humid. Here's what I noticed; it never got wild or hairy and stayed restrained so I certainly can see wearing this on a warm day as long as too much isn't sprayed. The scent is powdery, which I'm surprised I liked so much. Usually amber and heat don't mix, this really does. Maybe because its not meant to actually be a heavy amber.

For serious amber lovers; This is not your juice, don't consider this because you'll be disappointed. Its soft, its polite, but it hugs you softly and snuggly. Its got a bit of sweetness to it that I find is necessary. For those who can't wear the original, this is one of the best alternatives there is.

Some may consider it amber with training wheels but I'll take it. Putting this one was like wearing a hug after a while. Sillage monster it is not, but those close to you will certainly enjoy it if it melds with your skin correctly.

G00D_Girl

Initially this has a very sharp citrus edge, however that dissipates quickly.

L'Eau Ambree is very powdery, soft & feminine.

This makes my skin smell like silk. This scent has a soft powdery & almost buttery feel. This scent makes me feel luminous, as if I am aglow.

This is a classy, mature, and sensual scent.

Annica
Annica

Agree with Sky76Sky. This IS cold compared to Prada original but I think that the warm sunrays in Summer could put a smile on "her" face. I seriously think that L´eau Ambrée is way better in warmer temperatures. I like this dark, earthy, elegant fragrance a lot, but I adore the original Prada.
Update: There is something in this that reminds me of pencil shavings and it´s not pleasant.
E-bay next.

jksfii
jksfii

I had never tried Prada perfumes before trying this, but it is one of the nicest perfumes I have ever had. It doesn't last long but it is a lovely floral but powdery scent, not too sweet. Really lovely.

Lucky me
Lucky me

I love this fragrance! It is very elegant, feminine, ladylike! Would be good for summer nights, fall.....I am layering it with the body lotion,so it is stays longer on my skin. People around me seems to like it, I am getting compliments when I am wearing this perfume. :)

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

Like someone said before me, this changes a lot, and not only with your body chemistry, but even other scents around you that you pick can alter completely how you perceive your next sniff on Ambree, even within minutes of difference. It`s an incredible olfatory experience, and i love the leaves-y scent mixed with some smoke and sweetness.. i love how it can alternate those scents again and again and change so much...

Kamaty
Kamaty

Very well balanced fragrance !!!
A little citrus not to much, a little dry and very little sweet (not sugary).
You can go anywhere, anytime wearing this fabulous, chic perfume.
I have a few perfumes but when can't decide what wear i go with Prada L'eau Ambree...

VetiverRose
VetiverRose

Beautiful, strong, dark fragrance. I'm not normally an amber fan and this took awhile to grow on me. The finish is better with my body chemistry. At first it seemed like a fall and winter scent because of it's deepness. But after trying it again this spring, I was pleasantly surprised that it held for me in this season of "floral."

brangie
brangie

I've written my reviews for several times now, deleted them and here I am again.
The moment I decided to buy Ambree was almost immediately after smelling my wrist, all the time during my way back home. I was very disappointed when I tried my very own bottle at home some days later, thinking I'd chosen wrong.
But sometimes the smokyness overrules and at times it's a bit more powdery and sweet, it reacts with your body chemistry (and everything you use on your body) every day in a slightly different way. I do love the subtelness, it stays close to you. I don't think one can spray too much easily, it's yust a gourgeous scent! Someone told me the citrusses can take lead, until now I 've never experienced it, but hope I will soon.
Don't give up easily on this one, she deserves many chances!

sublimevamp
sublimevamp

Received test sample and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I received compliments ALL THE TIME from both men and women.
I am going to purchase it as one of my signature fragrances.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Its so funny when I read the women's take on a fragrance. I see that many call this heavy or dark, or strong. I am a guy been sampling it for a while and finally bought 30ml for a steal. This is neither of those, can be worn year around any male fans of amber would love this and I did what someone else recommended and layered with Amber Pour Homme!!!! Magic folks, pure magic

ASUHAN
ASUHAN

No puedo decir otra cosa que ...
¡ Me encanta ¡

Es perfectamente Unisex, algo empolvada quizá.

Puede recordar algo a Infision de Iris, pero a los pocos minutos notas perfectamente las diferencias.

La prefiero poner sobre la piel, queda demasiado apagada sobre la ropa.

La cantidad de ambar es perfecta, al igual que la de vainilla, aunque no localizo las notas cítricas - alimonadas.

La prefiero para la tarde - noche

Actually its 80ml,5 ml more than i thought.More is better of course :P

sarinacarina

For me,this is concentrated heaven in a 75 ml dark bottle!I love it sooooo much!its delicate and powerful at the same time.Def. for a strong,complex and confident woman who has her femininity and charm too.It's sweet dark and mysterious and the dry down is powdery.Unfortunately it doesn't last enough on my skin.I think i should try the layering process.overall i am in love with this perfume and i think it will be my signature fragrance.Thank u Prada for creating this masterpiece & thank u dad for your precious gift :)

perfumereviewer
perfumereviewer

I have an answer: This does not resemble Infusion d'Iris, it's just that Eau Ambree has small hints of Infusion d'Iris, or maybe it's the other way around?
These are 2 different perfumes with a few similar notes you may smell during the drydown, meaning not in the first 30 minutes of wearing these perfumes.
I find Eau Ambree lovely, wearable in any occasion, not overpowering, very proper, mature and delicate. It's not one of my complimented scents but who cares!?, I do feel good in wearing it. I do love it's cameleonic wear even though it's not as powerfull as I would like. It starts fresh and crisp exactly like a dry wine, and in a few hours time the vanillated amber becomes more round, and I feel surounded by a happy scent. As the hours pass the vanilla and the rose (and maybe opponax, which I haven't smelled on it's own up to now) sustain the amber to difuse a sweeter and sweeter perfume. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't get nowhere near Candy but it remains a proper perfume. I am happy wearing it and I will DEFINITELY repurchase it.

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

This is one of the first grey ambers I remember smelling. not the fluffy vanilla and sweet resins that more commonly pass for amber. but the slightly powdery and naturally sweet earthy warmth of Ambergris. The opoponax helps deaden the sweet tendencies of the other notes. Bringing them to a more full warmth. The barely discernible rose and bergamont adds a expensive flavor to this already rich composition. I don't think patchouli at all when I smell this; but me and patch have a laid back comfy cozy relationship when done right (so it doesn't surprise me that it takes a back seat for me). Now the amber in here lays on my skin like the best skin musk ever made. It's natural and melds into my skin chemistry. It's my skin with added clean powdered warmth and underlining subtle animalic sexy prowress.

emi
emi

I have a question: How can it be compared to Infusion d'Iris and Voile d'Ambre at the same time? They are two totally different scents.

chanchita
chanchita

I bought a purse size of this perfume whilst on the plane/travelling purely based on the description, without trying a sample in advance. I regret doing so. It's not cheap and does not work on my skin at all. My husband and male friends all say it 'stinks' too... I think it's just too strong, making it smell like strong perfume gone off on my skin rather than anything in particular. Strangely all my girlfriends love it. Sadly not a keeper for me.

aschiffm
aschiffm

This is a subtle sultry smoky dry and dusty perfume! Dark dank light. gloomy, earthy and borderline creepy. I was not expecting the creepy factor at all. It smelled like resin and rosy incense, but very subdued and close to the skin. The creep factor most likely the patchouli and opoppanox which dominate, its great. It got more romantic smelling the longer it dried down, kind of a burning vanilla and antique wood . Similar to Jasmin Noir but more intriguing and mysterious. And a more sensual Black Orchid.

paggeo
paggeo

Very elegant and chic... Clean smell, not heavy at all.
Does not remind Jasmin Noire!!! No comparison!!! Jasmin Noire is way heavier ! This is softer but distinct...

Love this one. On my skin its just great. Exclusive and sober and elegant. Bad thing about this scent it is short lived on my skin, about 1½ hour and its gone. This one is not cheap to buy so it would last longer, I think.

Älskar denna. På min hud är den helt suverän. Exklusiv och sober och elegant. Det enda tråkiga med denna doften är att den doftar i ungefär 1½ timme på min hud sen är den borta. Dyr parfym ska hålla längre, anser jag.

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

Amber is my all time favorite perfume note.

Unfortunately I did not get much amber out of this one...

I got an outrageous bomb of opoponax, very sharp, harsh, and masculine. Will not be buying this one

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

I gave this to my wife... But its not one that she loves a lot, and i decide to use it.
When i used it a recived a lot of great comments. This one is another example of a "unisex" in a women bottle.

LadyGNotGaga
LadyGNotGaga

The first time I sprayed it I liked it though, I thought it was a bit strong...after it faded a bit later I really loved it. It remained on my coat sleeve for weeks in a very subtle way. Remined me slightly of pipe tobacco and Gypsy dancers(meant in a good way--kind of mysterious and Old World) I find the best way to apply this is the cotton-ball method as should be done with any stronger fragrance.

Only one problem: Ive gotten several 'you smell good" comments from old creepers while wearing this!

runninginheels
runninginheels

Dark. Provocative. Mysterious. Compelling. Passionate. These are just some of the words that come to mind when thinking of Prada's L'Eau Ambree. It's a strong, powerful perfume, for a strong, powerful woman. If Scarlett O'Hara had had a signature scent, I think it would have been L'Eau Ambree.

nicenspice
nicenspice

I did a market research survey on this when it was being launched( it hadn't even been named yet!)
It may have been tweaked and developed since then but I thought it was repellent,like a bag full of citrus fruits had gone mouldy at the back of a fridge.Citrus smells in perfume is my pet hate and I'm not too keen on that earthy ingredient( I think it might be patchouli) so the two combined are a big no-no for me.

Tulip211
Tulip211

So I love this one. It's dark, sultry, dusty, and sweet. Like a gorgeous gothic mansion....

Unfortunately, my significant other doesn't like it at all, and actually asked me if I had been smoking! ( I don't smoke) I said "No, it's my perfume, here sniff!"
One sniff of my wrist and a very disgusted expression later, I decided to retire the beloved Prada.

Hey, to each his own. I still love it. ;)

artsymom
artsymom

I agree with Germany. This is a skin scent. It's very mild and likable and does not scream "I'm wearing perfume!" Everything about this fragrance is soft and well blended, nothing brash, sour or candy-ish. Just warmth.

I could only smell the citrus when I first applied, but it is soon gone. The vanilla blends in so well that I probably wouldn't notice it was actually vanilla if I hadn't read the notes- it's just very mildly sweet. After I wore it for a couple of hours, I picked up a hint of rose, just the right amount for me, and also a hint of powder.

Yes, this fragrance is warm and soft and truthfully, almost exactly like a box of dryer sheets (fabric softener- I can't remember which kind) once I've been wearing it for several hours. The funny thing is, I don't even mind. It's comforting like warm clothes fresh out of the dryer. I really like it.

Holmar
Holmar

My husband got me a gift set last christmas...80ml EDP,100ml body lotion & 100ml shower gel...I love L'Eau Ambree...but find I need to layer this fragrance because the longevity on me is not good...what a shame, maybe its just my body chemistry, but being an expensive fragrance...I think it should have more staying power.I've worn two EDT fragrances that have amazing longevity (Opium and Rush)...because of the longevity and price, I don't think I'll purchase this again.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Prada's L'Eau Ambree is a perfectly harmonious thing---a joy to wear. Even people who are not amber lovers may find they like this one, because this is amber at its most sublime. It's delicate but not watered-down, beautifully rounded with oppoponax and vanilla. The citrus is subtle, just giving a gentle "lift" to the whole; the rose and the patchouli are similarly subtle; and the scent is altogether indicative of high quality and skillful handling in its composition. Yes, it sits close to the wearer, but it is easily noticed by others in proximity. I put on quite a bit of it, but I do find that it lasts rather well. A velvety and delicious scent that seduces slowly but surely...Just gorgeous.

celygould
celygould

I was gifted this by my daughter...and I use with the lotion as well to enhance; make the scent linger a bit more. I receive almost always compliments and notice with this fragrance as 'clean' or 'nice' or 'lovely' - always pleasant comments and notice. I do find myself spritzing a bit more after a few hours but it may be because I do enjoy the balance so much in this fragrance. I find the patchoulli in this is slight and that works for me. A feminine woodsy-earthy scent is what I like about this especially. I'm not a 'rose' scent fan but this seems to really balance the whole complex fragrance.

Germany

L'eau Ambree is a real scent of nature and substance,it's not just a perfume ,it smells like real people and earth and plants,it's a skin scent . It's when someone smells good rather than smells like drowned in perfume. It's not actificial. I believe the same holds true for infusion d'iris, just really faboulus skin scents. Even their newest, Candy... Again it's real, just a little sweeter. I cannot think of any other perfumes that are like this, please post if you know of any that of that kind .

lilinah
lilinah

I got a sample bottle of this a while ago. Today is the first time i have tried it! On me it's woody, incense-y, a little powdery, and "oriental". The citrus, flowers, and vanilla are barely noticeable. As it dries down it gets more powdery, which i normally don't care for, although in this blend is tolerable. I like it, it is a good quality perfume, but i'm not crazy about it. It isn't exactly linear, but lacks the complexity i enjoy.

mrsB
mrsB

This perfume is beautiful, it is like putting on your best silk lingerie ( even if you've only got old holey ones on! )I always get compliments when I wear it. It is warm and has an air of sophistication One for the grown ups I think.

L`Eau Ambree Prada is Very earthy, almost like the smell of the soil after rain.
I love love love this kind of earthy smells !!!

meg1969

This is the blanket I am hiding under in the storm...hurricane Irene. : )

audioliquor
audioliquor

this scent is wonderful. my husband is a caveman kinda guy (never care for fashion) and when i came home he said "you smell nice"! that's really rare. :)

i agree with many reviewers, that this smells expensive. it makes me feel feminine yet powerful. i love it!!

jodee
jodee

Bought this because the last time I spritzed it on, I got some compliments and I liked it a lot. Now that I have put it on again, I find this powdery and a bit soapy on me. I do, however, like the dry down a bit and it's less soapy. Amber is warm and soft. Reminds me of a warm, holiday potpourri. I see this as a great holiday perfume to wear during autumn/winter.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Very close to Prada Amber pour Homme.

*Update: now, after 1 hour, it's smelling exactly like Moschino Couture! EDP (but funny, with less sillage and staying power).

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

This one smells just like the smoothest bodylotion ever. Or like makeup powder with musky spices thrown in. Very rounded, warm and soft, I bet men loves scents like this. I would love to buy it - IF it were stronger with more sillage...

moonwillow
moonwillow

I read reviews for this scent before purchased it and should have believed what I read. I love Prada the original and Tendre, but I tried Ambre and although I realize that your body chemistry will affect the scent, I was dumbfounded to get the wiff of cat pee. Honestly, this is the most disgusting fragrance I have ever experienced. I would not be surprised if a parade of cats in heat are following me around. I am returning it for an exchange of the original Prada! If there were a 'minus' star, I would have checked it.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

A deep rich amber, not too powdery, somewhat resonant. This smells expensive.

Majja67
Majja67

Finally i have found my signaturscent!! It have it all, sweetness, warmth, wood, vanilla, amber and.....patchouli, witch i never thougt i would have in my signature scent because it has never worked with me, but this........its wonderful!! Sniffing my wrists right now, cant get enough!! Please Prada, never ever discontinue this masterpiece!!

Will get myself another bottle....just in case!!

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

In all seriousness, what amber? Smells on skin exactly like it did in the magazine strip: weak citrus oil on waxy paper.

Anaa
Anaa

This is too heavily for me of course this is not a perfume for teenager girl,it's for the beyond 30 years women but who I am to say that you cannot wear it?Anyway I cannot feel the citruces notes,it's a heavily perfume but perfect for a shopping lap in Austria:)

anna.023
anna.023

Suitable for an older woman. Reminds me about some of my friends mothers smell. Tried it on and really didn't like it at all. I really like a classy scent and most of the times prefer a more mature scent before young and "light/fresh" scents, but this one was just..OLD. Sorry.

Whit
Whit

Sexy, classy, wonderful scent! Def for fall and winter as it is heavy. Warm vanilla-amber dry down on me; very cozy too. Love it!

EDIT: I don't wear it that often because it's kinda expensive, but I had it on the other day while my mom and I were out shopping. She said "Wow! You smell so good! What is that?" I said "Prada L'Eau Ambree." She said "Man, that smells so sexy!" We both had a good laugh. This scent is so smooth and long lasting on my skin. It makes me feel sexy and classy at the same time with it's smoky provocativeness. My hubby loves it too which is another plus. I hate some people haven't had good luck with the longevity because this is a really beautiful perfume, but everybody's body chemistry is different. What lasts a long time on me may not last at all on another person and vice versa.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I agree with meg1969 below...this is by FAR Prada's best fragrance. The original Prada is nice, however, it is very strong and the lemon/citrus stays very loud, even in the drydown. Prada Tendre is nice, very soft, pretty, but does not last long. L'Ambree is perfect. You get that wonderful Prada signature fragrance style, L'Ambree well blended, not too sweet, not too spicy. The patchouli hides well in this one. Definitely smokey, classy, not overstated, not understated, which is the problem with Prada's former scents. Absolutely pefect. This fragrance mingles well with warm weather.
If you are a fan of Prada Infusion D'Iris, you will love this!

Brenda28
Brenda28

Love it! Smooky and spicy. Little bit similar to dkny delicious night and lacoste pour femme.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

L'Eau Ambree is nice, it's a lemony, rosy, musky (I know it's not listed but it's there, trust me), very light ambery NICE fragrance. It's a fragrance for nice girls. There's absolutely nothing naughty about it. In fact, it's more than a little boring.

I do like it, though, and I want to smell it, but it has horribly low sillage which causes me to sniff myself all the time, which is tedious and a little embarrassing at times. And you have to re-apply after only about 2 hours because it vanishes into almost nothing, a skin scent for sure. The dry down is a sweet vanilla musk like you'd find in a bargain basement vanilla-scented lotion...not awful, but awfully common.

Like I said, it's a nice fragrance for nice girls who only want to be smelled at close range and for a very short time. So, I can't decide if it's FBW or not....'cause I really DO want to smell it.

meg1969

It's a a black cashmere sweater in a bottle. Since Donna Karan black cashmere has been discontinued, (or at least is extremely difficult to find, let alone afford right now)...this is my new favorite scent for a cold, gloomy, rainy day. Sillage is fantastic - you only need one or two spritz's.

I agree that it is somewhat unisex, although, I can't imagine a "guy's guy" reaching for this fume because the drydown is too powdery, feminine, and soft. I do not find it sweet at all. It is more refined than any amber scents I have tried. Very elegant. Perfect for day or evening.

Pure luxury. LOVE this one better than any other Prada scent so far.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

I tend to be a vanilla hater, yet this is glorious.

As mentioned in other reviews, you have to like warm amber and patch. I don't get any citrus on my skin, yet there's a tiny bit of 'sparkling' something that cuts through the really warm, fatty notes. It would be too cloying otherwise.

The dry down is definitely slightly powdery, yet beautifully warm and sophisticated, with just enough sweetness to make you go "mmmmmm"

Worth noting that it took several tries for me to like this one. It grew on me and now I adore it :)

ETA: Some days this is stronger than others, could be weather related. Don't over do it, at first. On most days, this is a pure skin scent on me.

maddame
maddame

Mind you it's very strong. I washed it off twice already and the smell still wouldn't fade away. Which would be ok if you're on good terms with amber and patchouli.

A fragrance for cold days, in summer it gives you a headache.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

L'Eau Ambree starts out with bright, light amber veil with a gentle citrus radiance, then transforms into a smoothly textured dark chiffon scarf of clean patchouli and amber with freshly crushed roses.

Opoponax gives a curious accent to the amber, and vanilla its sweetness. At this point, I'm loving L'Eau Ambree a lot.

As this continues to dry down though, a lot of the weight dissipates into powder, turning this into a clean and interestingly soft red rose-amber cloud. Somehow the finish isn't entirely my thing. Although this is still beautifully sensual and different to other powdered rose scents.

I had a sample of this and found it very very bad. I don't want to come up with strange comparisons but it reminded me of cat's pee :(

melody85
melody85

I bought this for my mum as it is not for me. It is a mature powdery and sophisticated scent, I personally wouldn't wear it but my mum loves it :)

ivyhouse1972
ivyhouse1972

I bought the original Amber one and I loved it but my husband said it was to "mature " for me and I am 39 so I gave it to my mom. Reading these reviews I don't have much hope this version will be much better.

FleurDuMale
FleurDuMale

This PRADA creation is just beautiful. Very light on my skin its soft and very sensual. Like all Prada fragrances its very sophisticated and classy. I love the almost powderiness of the scent when it settles on my skin, its smells so fresh like a vase of flowers at nighttime. I dont know to explain it properly but its just such a well put together scent. The bottle is beautiful as well.

crystalmonsters

I got a vial sample of this about a year and a half ago and decided to start using it as it smelled absolutely amazing! Powdery and very elegant.
However, I decided to try it on in the shop from the bottle before I was going to buy it, and I hated it from the bottle! It was too strong and really did smell like an old lady perfume, even after it dried.
I was really disappointed and I don't know why my sample smelled much better :(

junie
junie

Unbearable lightness ...

But always my first choice when I want to pamper my neck.

I put L'Eau Ambrée every morning and afternoon praying that you'll be the only person telling me: Gosh Junie..you smell so good!

Just hope you'll get the courage to come close enough...

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

Today I love the softness of this clean amber. It is just perfect for a cold damp day. For me it creates warmth and cosyness. It is a cuddle in a bottle.
Feminine, grown up not girlie. One for dark days or sensual nights.
Lasts well...ok I do need to spray little top ups. Some perfumes can dry on your clothes and become stale and peeish, not this one.
Certainly one I will keep in my collection.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Similar to Infusion d'Iris in its subtlety but totally different in character. Iris holds you at arms' length with its cool aloofness, whereas Ambree wants you to bask in its warm golden glow. I really like this because it's not in your face amber, which I dread. I cannot detect lemon or rose, just the soft amber and the sublime dry-down. I will be saving up for a big bottle.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Imagine the best smelling talcum powder in the world, the platonic ideal, if you will. That's what this reminds me of. The EDP opens with a quick burst of citrus that dissipates quickly. Then the amber and opoponax begin to develop. They are fairly soft but distinctive. At an unknown point you become aware of the rose and a very delicate patchouli and from then on it will remain a soft buttery amber-floral aura.
Sillage: fairly delicate
Duration: medium, 4-5 hours
Fabulosity: pleasant but not fabulous
Price to value ratio: good if you watch for the frequent sales
3.5/5

kristina_vili
kristina_vili

Smells very luxirious and classy.It`s perfect for evening,when I smell it I imagine fancy clothes and perfect make up on sexy chic)))

kelly_xatz
kelly_xatz

royal powder. touching. smells like human. it is even better when you combine it with vanilla or cocconat lotion. but it fades easily. not strong

rockcity
rockcity

Absolutely want it! Pure love & desire! Sooo femine,sexy,alluring !

Memi_La
Memi_La

On my skin this fragrance is a rather smokey vanilla ,amber,rose. Not heavy but ever lingering . Seems very sophisticated for any age group . Great for winter as there is something soft and romantic about this scent . Not for everyone but I do love it .

jae
jae

Modest to low sillage, excellent longevity, exceptional blend and a pure pleasure to wear. Ladies: if you don't like it, try it on your man. This is beautiful on my skin!!! Only Prada..

Update (11/11/2010):
The base really comes out on my skin. This can be a very sensual skin scent, depending on body chemistry. In cool weather, the projection draws eye contact and you can see people wondering about what you have on. In summary, this is a sexy fragrance to wear.

JenSelkirkLass
JenSelkirkLass

So wanted to love this perfume but alas no... In the tester bottle it did smell strong, classy and unique but when I wore it... it smelled exactly like my sons cheap evening musk burner oil! It was not the worst of the Prada scents I tested but I will not be buying this any time soon!

adele l
adele l

A very pleasant and subtle fragrance- alas too subtle for me. I just don't crave it in any way even though it's totally inoffensive. It is very ephemeral and perhaps best suited to those who wish to wear a skin scent.

janudy
janudy

This is a quiet beauty. If I could sum it up in one word it would be delicate. The opening is bright, the amber is light, and the vanilla adds a touch of sweetness. I don't get any powder during the drydown--the only difference is that the amber is more prominent since the citruses have burned off. The changes are very subtle, and I had to empty my entire sample vial in order to get an impression of this scent.

This stays very close to the skin, but has surprisingly good lasting power. You won't offend anyone around you, but anyone nuzzling your neck may be in for a very nice surprise!

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I adore this scent. It starts out rather woody smelling on me, with a touch of citrus. Then it turns to a soft, powdery amber. Very elegant in a minimalist type of way. Like a tiny entree at a very expensive restaurant kind of sophisticated. I definitely must own this soon.

Perfumenut1
Perfumenut1

I love this fragrance, dare I say this is the closest that I have come to a HG Signiture scent! Out of the many perfumes that I have, this is the one that I wear daily to work etc and have done so since Nov last year. My 80ml bottle is nearly finished, which is a miracle in itself for me. The only one problem with this, as others have mentioned is the lasting power. On my skin, which literaly 'eats' perfume, I can't really smell this, no one has commented on it either. I'm considering getting the lotion to layer but otherwise, I would definitely repurchase.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Today I am sad because english is only my second (average) speaking language, and even if I could write in my mother language I would desperately miss and long seek for words.

L`eau Ambree is aristocratically elegant. Dark and distant velvet floating on my skin. Amber in here is beautiful. Like silk scarf closing my eyes. Have you ever searched for objects in absolute darkness and recalled their appearance based on tactile sensation? Yep, I felt liquid warm chocolate mixed with whiskey lingering around me. Gramophone record was playing Charles Aznavour as I glanced tips of my fingers over it. In the basket on the floor cat was sleeping. I pressed my ear on soft and warm fur of her body. Snoring sound entered my head. There was someone else in the room. I went to search for it with my extended hands.

I loved the darkness which L`eau Ambree gave me.

Juma
Juma

As I think, it is thin, poor scent, without character. What a disappointment, unstead of rich, warm and strong scent of amber. After 30 min almost nothing, just air...

hollycat

This is my second review of this. The first time I tried this scent it was in the colder months and I felt it was way too subtle for a cold climate. Now that its hot in my neck of the woods, this scent has bloomed on my skin. This is a perfume that is perfect for summer IMO because its so light on me. Its a subtle oriental. I love the opoponax, amber, citrus, vanilla combo. Very light, but very sexy for summer days. I guess Ill be making good use of my sample.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

‘The new Prada Divinity’. The meticulously tuned balance
of fresh citron and feminine may rose with amber reveals
a modern interpretation of the classic scent.

egjolaj
egjolaj

2 words: powdery amber. Love it!

Prada L'eau Ambree didn't start off too well with me. I had first sprayed this on a card, smelt nothing. I then applied to my skin, still nothing. I even sprayed into the air around me, absolutely nothing.

I honestly could not smell a thing, and my nose is very sensitive.

I was wondering how on earth I could write a review when I couldn't even tell you what it smelt like. Thankfully I could begin to smell a subtle hint of citrus and patchouli after an hour had passed.

Well, this fragrance is certainly not loud or offensive. It is extremely intimate and very subtle. Unfortunately it tends to vanish on the skin quite quickly. So the moment it appears, it's gone again.

Throughout the duration of this scent, all I had managed to detect was the patchouli, the citruses, soft amber and delicate, powdery vanilla. I concluded that Prada L'eau Ambree smelt very much like an expensive bar of soap. Very clean and feminine.

This fragrance was certainly not unpleasant, however it was disappointing due to all the hype surrounding it. I much prefer the original Prada as a unique and characteristic fix for my amber cravings.

Prada L'EAU AMBREE is a subtle, lightly and politely gourmand skin scent--if that makes any sense! The amber here is very light and the vanilla adds a touch of sweetness without imparting too much vanilla character. This is definitely not a vanilla or patchouli perfume. I thought that I had detected a touch of sweetened nuts--perhaps pecans--but it may be an illusion produced by the "modern amber" combined with vanilla and opoponax.

The general feeling is similar to one I've encountered in the Acorelle and Les Senteurs Gourmandes lines, in addition to Leslie Blodgett BARE SKIN. This must be a trend: perfumes that are pleasant, nice and natural smelling, rather than synthetic bombs that enter the room before the wearer and linger long after she has left. This "moderation in all things" fragrance has reasonably good longevity and low sillage.

efm
efm

On first use I wasn't impressed. Second day I am warming to it. I have shied away from amber frags after a run-in with Obsession. However this gentle amber is easy to live with as the soft smokiness brings subtlety.

However an over-riding impression is that of walking into a department store perfume department. There is a muddled sweetness that seems also generic.
This may come from the patchouli and vanilla in Prada which is redolent in department store perfume spaces.
The muddle is surprising as the list of ingredients is constrained.

I think of Prada Ambree as a quiet, home alone fragrance.

Taliera
Taliera

This is going to sound peculiar - but all I could smell was air!

sky76sky
sky76sky

If this scent was a person she would be a pale, tall, androgenous woman with high cheekbones & long, lean lifeless limbs who thinks a lot, speaks rarely & smiles even less. & yet there is something about her....like a moth-to-a-flame...you can't stop staring at her.

She subscribes to the minimalist & monochrome approach to clothes & make-up...only a flick of eyeliner or a slick of pale gloss across her pouty lips. Cold & detached, successful & aloof she chain-smokes as she stacks the bunches of flowers from love-struck suiters into empty crystal vases next to overflowing ashtrays. She drinks bourbon alone in her quiet, dusty loft apartment whilst reading the classics by candle-light. She's too damn cool to be happy.

Ambree is a very melancholic scent to me. Smokey, thin, grey, watery, still. A lemon-peel & floral lift hovering over a cold, powdery amber with a waxy edge.

Do I like it? Hmm. It is not a scent to love..it is too detached...yet it is one I keep revisiting, intruiged because I just don't get it...yet?

For me, the original Prada is warm, Ambree is cold.....but they are both refined, disinctive, elegant scents. The difference is one scent is worn by someone who likes to hug, the other you would only dare to air-kiss.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

This is the worst of all Prada's to my skin. Comes off like surfboard wax...I know how weird is that! This was wax in over watered flowers and some kind of animal fur scent. Very weird???

GORGEOUS BOTTLE!

noha
noha

I agree it is similar to Iris infusion, that I actually wanted in the first place. I love it. it is very warm and mixes perfectly with my skin, which is the most important thing in a perfume. It is not a scent that everyone would like. it makes me feel like an Egyptian princess from the first half of the 20th century. soooo elegant.. classic elegant! I have to go easy on it though cause I feel it is a bit strong. I wore it on a sunny afternoon and felt it was too much. But, on a rainy day it was heaven.

guest_karen
guest_karen

the drydown of this smells like Estee Lauder's White Linen to me.
I *never* would have placed that, but I realised it smelled like my mother - and that's what she wears.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

As another reviewer astutely observed, this smells like the drydown of something else, a scent lurking in the background or, if you want an advertiser’s metaphor, the dying embers of a fire. It’s not at all what I’d consider a traditional amber, but rather a powdery mix of violet and light rose with an almost suede-like feel to it. A quiet but very Prada-esque scent. After about an hour it weakens and becomes even more powdery. After about 2 hours it’s gone. Nice while it lasts.

mwater1
mwater1

GAAAHHH!!! I just don't know what to do with this one. Prada L'eau Ambree is a mystery to me. I got a sample and it was strong and smoky. Very off putting in the opening. It's like a combination of pencil shavings and the smell of musty personal body odor, then dries down to a powdery, amberish, fragrance. Strangely, I kind of like it, but just not for me. Overall rating 5 out of 10.

Soft slightly powdered amber, very warm and smooth. It dries down to benzoic amber, almost a vanilla scent. I like it very much, but there are other ambers just as nice that don't cost quite this much. Still, I might look for a decant. And as nenuphar said, there is a faint suggestion of candy in the undernotes, that I find very appealing. It lasts very well on my skin, so it must be a chemistry thing as many here have complained that it lacks longevity it certainly has on me. Try before buying, for sure. EDIT: I'm loving this more every time I try it. Incense notes, tones of Infusion d'Iris with that lovely amber on top...I might need to go buy the full bottle soon

celina
celina

Its subdued elegance attracted me from the first sniff. It has grown on me since then.

L'Eau Ambrée is like the aquarelle for oil paintings.It speaks in semi-tones. The amber opening note is rounded by the floral overtones. There is an unexpected orange/lemon blossom note that is enriched by oppoponax and a hint of vanilla. The scent is not aquatic, but sheer, light and subtle. Refined in personality. Easy to wear. Feminine. It doesn't scream but whispers.

I would see it like an elegant touch for a well put together outfit.

hollycat

Boring, watered down amber. Lasts about 10 minutes. I get the lemen and the amber. It does smell like a mans aftershave as someone else mentioned. Cant imagine pluncking down the big bucks for this one.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

Another great, promising fragrance which disappointed me.
I sniffed the bottle in a shop, and I found the opening gorgeous, with lemony notes on a background of amber.
Intrigued, I sprayed it on my wrist... 5 minutes later, there was almost nothing left of the scent. If I put my nose on my wrist, I smell patchouli and musk... It is far from unpleasant, and still retains that Prada touch, but what a disappointment.
I certainly won't buy it, especially not for that price.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Well, I find it hard to believe that so much money is to be made from this type of stuff. This smells like watered down Must, which is no great thing as Must smells like cheap chocolates. The sillage is crap and the boring/pleasant fragrance disappeared after about 2 minutes. Not Amber as I envisage it. L'Occitane Ambre is 10 times better and a quarter of the price.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Thanks Jillzilla for the sample-despite the patchouli, I want a bottle-that doesn't happen too often....

Infusion d'Iris dryness and romantic lightness, with extra incense and a dash (in the sense of miniscule touch!) of vanilla, sweet and warm-not overdone, it's not a sweet fragrance. What a clean and refined amber! Is there even any amber? This is animalic?
Maybe a bit, but hardly.
I do sense a touch of patchouli, but it's not making my nose burn-it's soft-it contributes to the extra incensiness that makes this so interesting. Surprisingly beautiful, warmly incensey but not smoky, kind of* sexy, like a silhouette kind of a fragrance instead of a "perfume noir" with diva sillage-I think I really like it-almost as much as I like Infusion D'Iris!

Infusion and L'Eau are so similar it's kind of funny. Well done! I have Gucci EDP on the other hand-if you want to appreciate even more a perfume that you find that you really like (or just find "good enough")-wear something foul on the other hand-sniff and compare!

michele23
michele23

What a beautiful fragrance but I tested a strip out of a magazine and loved it so I ordered a bottle and it doesnt last at all.Ive never seen a perfume disapear like this one did.Im so disappointed because it smells beautiful.The paper strip out of the magazine lasted longer.I mean in five minutes it was gone.I went back then where I bought it and all the other reviews were also saying that.Very expensive to not last even a half hour.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Hmmm... this is so like Infusions.. Pretty silent fragrance, that is there, but not in your face strong.

I will admit that I expected something darker and heavier than Prada, the first fragrance. Not pretty 'amber' to me, but still nice.

Ofeliarage
Ofeliarage

Got to say i really liked the first hour of this fragrance cz it was so soft & floral, bt after that the amber became more dominate & really strong on my skin. It smelt rather nasty &like 'dianafrances' said, it smels a bit like men aftershave.
It is more expensive then it's worth & does not stay on for long.
However I still like this...i think.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I would love so much to be able to justify buying this. I've just way too many perfumes to buy one at this price. I fell in love with this one just from the sample in the magazine. IF it smells like it did in the magazine, it's my favorite of all times. If I had known this would come out, I'd have never gotten another perfume and spent my money on this one!

singlemalt
singlemalt

Very soft, very close to the skin. It is only in the drydown that I really smell the amber. The Prada base is very much in evidence. This is probably the citrus component. To me it seems similair to Infusion d' Iris,but where Iris is cool and and peppery, L'eau is sweeter and warm. It is also a 'wafter' Just when I think it has gone, i will catch a whiff of it. Lovely! I also have the body cream which is happily very moisturizing on me and provides a wonderful base.

F_A
F_A

The top notes are very "pink" on my skin, like a sweet compote with a lot of lemons in it, the one that can work perfectly for teenage girls. But then to my surprise it started changing quite fast showing its..masculine side! Amber in the base of this fragrance is very soft, mixed with powdery vanilla, but at the same time the combination of some other notes makes it a men's fragrance on my skin, or at least unisex. Is it the fragrance or is it my skin playing tricks? So strange :)

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Feels like the drydown of something else that's been on your skin for a long time. An ambered, amped up version of Infusion d'Iris. Quiet, warm and very elegant.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I tried this perfume on yestirday. I must say that I am suprised how soft it was. I expected it to be stronger and muskier. But it's still very beutiful and the amber has a very soothing and calming effect on you. It also lasts ages and seriousley I can still smell it on my skin even after 18 hours! But allthough it is a very classy scent I don't think that it's for me. My Mum liked it very much allthough and she is really picky when it comes to perfume.

Ooohhhh, so nice! I got a sample and spritz a good amount in the shop too!
I'm attracted by everything "amber", but it's not so easy to find a matching one. This one is very soft, not too oriental, but definetely a feminine amber. IMO the animalistic edge is very tamed here, otherwise it would be difficult for me to wear.
It starts with a refreshing zest of fresh cut lemon and goes on quite soon with ambery notes melt with flowers. The vanilla is complementary and not cake-smelling (thanks god!). I think that this is the way I would have liked Shalimar to smell on me, only stronger, because Eau Ambree stays very close to the skin without great sillage. I'm not sure I would buy this one because of poor sillage and not so longlasting power, but I definetely think it's a delicious, feminine and extremely refined take on amber theme. A beam in the messy sea of mainstreet fragrances.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

Topsy-turvy, subtly addictive and strangely compelling is how I'd describe this new fragrance by Prada.

Launching in Autumn and invoking the name of Amber, I assumed it would be a warm Oriental type perfume. Just my cup of tea, I thought. Until I read the notes. Until I spritzed and got a zing of zesty top notes (mandarin jumps out at me!) with a background wafting of custardy vanilla and somehow shot through with a very light rose.

Altogether, it reminds me a little of an exotic dessert, such as you might find on an Indian restaurant's menu - you know those delightful vanilla rice & rosewater dishes that have a sprinkling of cardomom pods and mixed spices? Well anyway, it's sort of like wearing one of those, to me. Which isn't to say it's at all unpleasant - far from it, I really like this. Just not what I was expecting.

We must never be guilty of assuming, of course, and should always strive to try new perfumes (like that's a hardship) but I can't say this is going to blow anyone away with its originality or daring.

Perfectly lovely, though I probably wont buy a bottle (it's on my desk at work, currently, and I like the mid-afternoon uplift a quick spritz can bring). I'd prefer this for the summer, though! I think in the summer this would really come into its own. It's not nearly heady or long-lasting enough to tempt me away from my darling Orientals...

dianafrances
dianafrances

i bought this blind, and thank goodness i only bought the sample size. i could definately smell a resemblance with the other prada fragrances. its smells like infusion d iris mixed with prada tendre. the concept is not bad, but it smells too synthetic for my taste. it also reminds me of the smell of mens aftershave.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

Ohh prada how I love thee,let me smell the ways! This is such an intiguing and sensual scent but also so unbelievably easy to wear! I am captivated by its fresh sensual way, that like all prada's is extremely well done! Fresh,sensual,confident,prada thank-you!

vertigo
vertigo

I love the original one, but I don't love L'Eau Ambree.

It's definitely unusual, modern, intelligent, charismatic, sensual - very Prada!

But it's so animalistic! I just can't stand that.

Stays very close to the skin, which makes an impression that the fragrance is weak. But it lasts and lasts and on my skin doesn't change much in time.

For me it's an EDP of Kashmina Touch by Max Mara.

The bottle looks pretty! Better than in pictures.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Very good,it is very similair to iris prada but even better.It has more depth and the amber makes it a bit different.I will buy this one too,i am in love with the pradas.

nenuphar
nenuphar

Just tried it.... something in the background reminds me of Pez candies.

L`Eau Ambree by Prada 3.99 out of 5 based on 1047 ratings and 173 user reviews

Prada L'eau Ambree Perfume by Prada, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
PRADA L'EAU AMBREE for WOMEN by Prada EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.7 OZ
PRADA L'EAU AMBREE for WOMEN by Prada EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 2.7 OZ
EDP Mini 1.7oz
PRADA L'EAU AMBREE for WOMEN by Prada SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 3.4 OZ EAU DE PARFUM .2 OZ MINI
PRADA L'EAU AMBREE for WOMEN by Prada EAU DE PARFUM REFILLABLE WITH ATOMIZER 2.7 OZ
Prada L'eau Ambree Perfume by Prada, 2.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Prada L'Eau Ambree Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Prada L'Eau Ambree Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Prada L'Eau Ambree Eau De Parfum Spray 80ml 2.7oz
Prada L'Eau Ambree Eau De Parfum Spray 80ml 2.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prada L`Eau Ambree fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prada L`Eau Ambree, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Eau Ambree by Prada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Eau Ambree by Prada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.