Designers » N-Q » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Luna Rossa Prada for men
dislike

I have it: 480 I had it: 123 I want it: 356 My signature: 20

Luna Rossa Prada for men Videos
Luna Rossa Prada for men Pictures Luna Rossa Prada for men Pictures Luna Rossa Prada for men Pictures Luna Rossa Prada for men Pictures Luna Rossa Prada for men Pictures

Prada introduces a new masculine fragrance in Sept 2012, named after the sailboat and the sailing team "Red Moon" or Luna Rossa, which participates in the American Cup competitions. The new fragrance, considering its name, draws its inspiration from the world of extreme sailing, prestige, marine nature and passion for innovation and victory.

The composition is developed around the main note of lavender by perfumer Daniela Andrier of Givaudan. Intensity and freshness of accords are emphasized by the use of classical notes in new, innovative ways. Those notes include lavender absolute and bitter orange in the top, clary sage and spearmint in the heart, and ambrette absolute and ambroxan molecule in the base.

Bottle design is inspired by modern sailboats, signed by Yves Behar. The fragrance is available as 50, 100 and 150 ml Eau de Toilette. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier.

Bitter Orange Lavender

yes Aromatic 100%
......نعم ارمانتك بمعنى الكلمة

SC83
SC83

Another floral bomb by Prada.

That being said, the longevity is amazing. Even with my dry skin, this fragrance lasts 8-9 hours on my wrist.

I sprayed this stuff on my hooded sweatshirt and I could smell it 24 hours later. No joke.

6/10.

Molko
Molko

I need similar scents as Prada LR and LRE, Infusion d'homme but with better-bigger sillage and lasting:) I love this kind of clear and soapy smells, they're so perfect...

seachase
seachase

I agree with another reviewer who stated that this was a "mysterious" scent. Sure, the lavender and bitter orange are obvious in the initial blast, but, as it calms down it it turns into a very nice, masculine and mysterious blend.
The sillage is extremely low with this fragrance, basically a skin scent, but the longevity is fantastic, easily lasting 10+ hours.
I don't think I've ever known of another such subtle fragrance that lasted this long, but this mysterious juice just keeps smoldering on the skin, hour after hour....and anyone that I let get close enough seems to enjoy it as much as I do.

Scent - 9
Longevity - 10
Sillage - 2

mary.hooper1
mary.hooper1

Straight up love this scent! No question about it...love it fresh, love the dry down, love the linger...Office appropriate, fresh, unique and unisex IMO. I'd turn to this more in warmer weather I believe but could nuzzle my nose in it at any time of year...

Eden Street
Eden Street

First, I want to note that I'm a female and thus this perfume will smell differently on me due to skin chemistry. Moving along, when sprayed I have to note that it's very pleasant; slightly sweet but not overtly so. I definitely smell the lavender in the beginning,and as it dried down I was enchanted at how soft and nice it smelt. It definitely had a masculine edge through out the entire perfume and I would love to bury my face into a pillow or shoulder that smelled like this.

I think this would make for a very nice office scent that's quite unoffensive, for both sexes. However, I don't think it lasted very long on me, a good 2 hours maybe? Either way, I wouldn't mind repurchasing this again to spray onto myself or to spray at my boyfriend when he's bugging me (hehe.)

aglow
aglow

To me, the musk mallow and chemical ambroxan notes are rather cloying.

JKCMUTCH
JKCMUTCH

I finally caved and bought this one, after receiving a sample from Nordstrom.

When I first tried it, I wasn't too fond of the scent, since the initial spray leaves you with a blast of lavender and bitter orange. I thought the lavender was a bit heavy, which made it lean a bit more towards the feminine side. I asked my girlfriend to have a sniff, and she told me the exact same thing, saying "it smells like an expensive lavender soap."

I let it dry down, and about twenty minutes later, the base notes started to kick in. On my skin, the sage and the ambrette mixed beautifully with the lavendar and bitter orange, leaving a very mysterious and masculine scent.

I've come to the conclusion that for me, it works best for casual daytime wear on colder days. When I smell it, I see images of a cloudy, rainy, and windy day on the San Francisco bay. The scent is very refreshing, and makes me long for the coming brisk days of Autumn and Winter. They did a great job of capturing the aromas from the first seasonal rains of early Autumn, mixed with the fresh blooming of flowers during the spring, leaving you with an instantly recognizable fragrance that can be used year-round.

Overall, I love this cologne. I can see why other people dislike it, and that's fine-it's not for everyone. It took a while to grow on me, and now I don't regret buying it at all. So if you're on the fence about this one, I say go for it! What the worst that can happen, you don't like it and have to return it?

Score: 8/10

PS: The bottle looks totally badass too.

Hassan Nasrallah

Does anyone knows why when i choose versace dreamer as a similar perfumes then i leave and i come back again to check , i find it disappeared ?????
thats weird for me

justady2002
justady2002

Such a wonderful perfume. Only about a handful of perfumes i can say that I LOVE. This is the perfume i wore on my wedding day and it was perfect. With all the excitement and the running around the perfume "performed" very well. It is very refreshing and I could feel it for more that 5-6 hours. The bottle is also quite nice.

fergali
fergali

I have been wearing this for 3 weeks now and it is a nice pleasant summer cologne.It is inoffensive but get people's attention.Has a unique smell of its own.I am not going into its individual notes but definitely it is very well balanced. It has a longevity of 8 hours on my skin. I will buy it again.

Layzie
Layzie

Prada Luna Rossa opens with a fresh citrus and lavender blend, but it quickly turns into an odd bitterness when the mint, orange, and sage surface. It reminds me of how some musks smell on me, which makes me think, “No likey.” The composition is an offensive citrusy lavender on my skin.

I’ve noticed that substantially more women recommend this to me than do men, although both really enjoy this perfume. I can admit that it has great silage and longevity, though. As many times as I’ve tried Luna Rossa and no matter how often it is suggested to me, I can’t do it. It just doesn’t work with my chemistry, strangely both fresh and acrid.

Hassan Nasrallah

I adore this perfume really specially when i dries down it keeps its freshness all the time , my skin loves it , i heard many saying that the opening is not that good but i disagree with them , i find it masterpiece from Prada since it combines elegance and freshness ,
it reminds me of Versace dreamer ( after a hour of spraying it ) both are Italian and both are great , Italian perfumes are always greeeaaaaaaat !!!!!

Jomoves
Jomoves

An ordinary, soapy citrus scent that is clearly aimed at those people that want the presteige of the name Prada but basically still want a colonge that is safe, inoffensive and not too "girly" with the standard sporting associations. The bottle looks really great but the juice is forgettable at best. It's Axe for people who want to spend a lot of money and don't think of themselves as Axe wearers.

dmirror
dmirror

Nice light scent it's kind of unisex it's a little sweet but not too sweet like some of the reviewers posted its got a nice lavender soap vibe going on it's definitely a spring summer clean casual scent I like this one personally but my girl thinks its too soft and sweet for a guy she thinks its more so leans towards a woman's fragrance that's why I haven't bought it but I do like it 7/10 she'll probably like it on me

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Balsamic-minty opening with a hint of ozonic notes, aldehydes, aromatic woody notes (cedar, cashmeran), all drowned in a gallon of the new "contemporary elegance" X-factor – the Iso E Super. I also detect some violet/honeysuckle notes, with bergamot too. It then evolves on the woody path, notably with cedar and sandalwood notes, with an incense-ambery base, artificial but pleasant – always keeping it clean, breezy and minty. Despite being utterly cheap and unworthy whatever price tag "per se", it's still better than other mainstream scents. I would define this a clean, crisp, trendy office/club crowpleasing safe scent, classy and cozy but unobtrusive, for men who want to smell nice but don't want to make it become a statement. Plus it basically smells like the reformulated version of Geranium pour Monsieur by Malle, here's the "niche" factor too – and by the way Malle is worse, since it's more expensive and extremely more pretentious. Among the Christmas presents a bimbo girlfriend with a magazines-driven fragrance knowledge may stumble upon, this isn't among the worst ones.

5,5-6/10

Shimone
Shimone

I freaking love this fragrance......it was recommended by a male cousin,so I blindly brought it online as a Father's Day gift! I was curious about the scent & decided to open it so I could smell,OMG....I sprayed this four nights in a row on my pjs(I was missing him & he was out of town). So I had to give it as a I been thinking about you,I been spraying the hell out of it gift! Minutes after him spraying this on to test,let's just say we both got lucky lol....Luna Rossa is an aphrodisiac for me,it's well worth a try!

WayneDN
WayneDN

Great summer cologne!

Chuckphilpott
Chuckphilpott

I LOVE THIS STUFF. NOT ON THE LEVEL AS AMBER INTENSE BUT ITS LEGIT. JUST A VERY NICE SMELL PERFECT FOR SUMMER AND SPRING. MY ONLY ISSUE. This stupid cap. Really?

landon1
landon1

I am really starting to love Prada. I may even say they make the best designer fragrances. With every prada man fragrance you will get soap. This one is soapy and has an amazing mint note. Fresh, unique, women love it. I love prada

gerry.madoni

An honestly beautiful and fresh men's scent. Perfect for summer or for casual wear. When one is sick and tired of tonka laden modern masculines, use Luna Rossa to clear the senses. What makes this fragrance good is that it delivers more than expected. Longevity and sillage are incredible. Reminds me in fact of Sander for Men without all the mint. Nothing new here , just making what is already there much better. Good one .

7.75/10

Vahagn
Vahagn

Luna Rossa Prada is beautiful and long-lasting perfume. I felt little disappointment, finding significant similarities to He Wood. But Luna Rossa Prada more elegant, "refined". In the same time in He Wood the idea of "wet wood" is strongly expressed. There is a significantly synthetic sound in Luna Rossa ((((( I think he is even suitable for women!

chorando
chorando

Pleasant enough but incredibly generic. The freshness is appealing but it has a synthetic feel. The lavender lacks the depth of caldey island for example and the scent generally doesnt have the intrigue of caron pour homme. if I had to liken the feel of this to any other house it would be nautica. Same feel does the job but im just left wanting more.

devynm
devynm

Very clean scent, that's all I can think of, clean. Very minty as well. The performance of this is strong, It will keep you smelling clean all day, I'm not sure this kind of clean is for me though, not the most pleasant to me because of the very powerful mint note, not bad at all though! I would actually recommend it for people new to fragrances.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

@burgundy: So sorry to hear that your wife hates this scent so much! :( I love it, too. It smells crisp, clean, soothing, and it's extremely versatile.

burgundyaltima

I'm addicted to the smell of prada luna rossa.. i even prefer this over infusion d'homme (i also notice luna rossa last way longer)..but my lady scrunched her face and said Luna smell like a toilet ..

ShotsK
ShotsK

i tried to like this one. i don't think i can give it a fair review because i'm not real big on scents that use the biliary secretion of the intestines of the sperm whale. but that's just me, it is a well done scent, and definatly something you should try if you like summer colognes.

dreyfoose
dreyfoose

I really like this scent. I like it better than the Luna Rossa Extreme or even over Prada Amber Pour Homme. It's fresh but without going the usual aquatic or citrus route. Soapy, yes, especially if you've smelled the blue Zest bar soap.

I'm not a fan of the mint note in Cartier Declaration or Roadster, but this one blends it so well that I don't find it offensive.

My recommendation is, if you're new to the fragrance game and have no idea about Prada scents, this might very well be a safe starting point.

aqua_de_la_vita

NOTE....This is my second review on this frag.

After spraying it on my wrist, I'm able to smell a real herbal/bittersweet aroma from sage, mint and bitter orange. Lavender and musk gives it a real attractive powdery scent.
After several times of using this juice, I found that longevity and Silage is slightly better than moderate and lasts more than 6hrs.
Final thoughts,
This frag has that hate/love relationship. It took me several times before I finally came around and I'm able to enjoy this fragrance now.
It's interesting to see men/ women opinion's. I found that most men don't like it as much whereas women enjoy it a lot more. Several enjoy it so much that they become aroused that they have a craving to be with you...... :))))))♡ For a lot women this frag is like pheromones, their bodies go crazzzzzzy!!! while their temperature rises. As one wrote that she ovulate when she smells this juice.

****Men take note what a female enjoys, it will change the dynamics in the relationship between the two.

alexiej
alexiej

Strong and refreshing fragrance. Not really a fan of the packaging, but the juice is just well balanced and seductive yet refreshing with a touch of well dosed spice. Try it.

I bought it for my husband, and I will say it smelled more interesting in the bottle than on him! It is more sweet than I thought it would be, lighter, not overall very masculine, I think I should have gone for the Intense version..Nonentheless, this is a nice light scent, perfect for warmer weather, just a bit underwhelmed in the end...

Ranger0987
Ranger0987

Nice but a bit perfumy and feminine

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

I can say that I really like it!!

I dont´find it original... BUT it has a mix of qualities that makes me want to smell it over and over again. I like it´s delicate sweetness. It is very subtle and tender. It is actually really good!

heartcooksbrain
heartcooksbrain

This is a great, fresh, inoffensive fragrance. The dominant lavender note is the main player and remains through the duration of the scent. It's slightly powdery with mostly lavender. It's a unique fragrance since it does use lavender so much, as most male fragrances don't have it. Projection and longevity aren't that good, since it's such a light scent anyway, but people will notice it on you as you walk by them. A lot of people complain about the soapiness in Prada fragrances. There may be a tiny hint of soap in the dry down on this one, but the lavender covers it up nicely. Can't really go wrong with this one.

Briburto2
Briburto2

I wish my nose found this powdery as the review below says. I LOVE powdery scents but my nose doesn't pick up any from this. This is okay I guess, as many of the reviews say, I agree I feel as if I smelt this before. Its just "Ehh" to me. But I'm sure its perfect for others.

burgundyaltima

Lavender powderbomb..smell fresh, powdery and clean..weird but sometimes reminds me of lavender and chocolate... .perfect for spring. ..very unisex. If you don't like powdery scents stay away..smell makes me think of luxury ..try!!!

RUDOLFO512

I love to wear Luna Rossa by Prada to the office. It is soft and non-offensive. I smell the lavender and the mint at the opening. The dry down is delightful. It smells clean and I always get many compliments from my co-workers.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I am a college-age female, and this is my favorite cologne to smell on a man. I actually liked it so much I swapped for a bottle so I could wear it myself! It's very clean smelling, a little musky, with plenty of lavender, mint, and ambrette. It's a little powdery, a little warm, and just all-around wonderful. I like to spray a little bit on my chest under my shirt so I get little wafts of it throughout the day. It's like a little secret for me to enjoy :) I have to get my boyfriend his own bottle!

LookOut
LookOut

Ok, it's time to finally (after over a year) to review my signature, which also happens to be the very first perfume that I tried and then bought.

The reason I've waited for so long to review it, is that I couldn't figure out the drydown of this fragrance. Thanks to a sample I recently acquired of Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume, I finally know that it's ambroxan ... for the most part.

Reviewing this becomes even harder due to the fact that Luna Rossa doesn't always perform the same way. Sometimes the notes disappear very fast, leaving only the base, and on other days it lasts for a long time. But for the most part, it's a skin scent.

Freshly sprayed, I get a wave of mint, but the lavender quickly takes over. These notes are supported by a faint orange smell. During the drydown the ambroxan starts coming through. I can't describe what ambroxan smells like, but I do recognize it. It's a little more ... dusty in Luna Rossa than it is in the JHAG-fragrance. Most likely the musc ambrette that joins the fun. Do note that "dusty" should not be taken in a negative way here!

Longevity and sillage are, as mentionned before, very different from day to day, but sometimes in the summer people can smell me from a short distance. In the winter it's usually from "hugging distance", but that's pretty normal seeing as they have their nose hovering over your neck at that time :)

In the meantime, I've tried and bought quite a few bottles of perfume and there are a lot of favourites in my collection, but this will always be my signature. Not necessarily because it's the best, but because it smells like me. It's the reply I get very often, especially when it was the only perfume I had at the time. And for that reason, it will always remain my signature ...

@khatsar: you'll be happy to know that I'm not platonic ;)

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

Got this one for my partner today, Very strong lavender bomb, but I'm kinda fond of it, I would put this above Amber but below Infusion.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

I can't lie... I fell in love with this scent, the second I tried it. It strength takes you to the open waters of the ocean, to ride along the Luna Rosa Team.

It's not the strength you might know from 'Hermes' or 'Balmain', but it's definitely there. You'll be surprised by the simplicity of mint and the complexity of Ambrette.

coreynellos
coreynellos

One of my most favorite colognes in my collection. Very great smell, very light, amazing for spring and summer. So many complements when I wear this. Best part of this is that it is very unique and just reminds you of the spring flowers and nice walks around the city.

Marciu
Marciu

To me this one, along with Lancome Hypnose Homme are two best men lavender fragrances.

I find it quite interesting, but not as much as its Extreme flanker. It has a little "soapines", but not much. I'd say it's good for the office.

As I said, lavender is the main player here, along with mint and ambrette(eventually amber(ambroxan?) too).

Longevity is average - 5-7 hours on my skin.

A decent one, I prefer Luna Rossa Extreme.

sensitivesniffer
sensitivesniffer

Pretty good scent. I'm just getting into the fragrance game...after about 30 min this cologne totally reminded me of Gucci Envy which I used to wear for years. I then Googled and found that Daniela Andrier designed both this cologne and Gucci Envy...so she put something in there identical, that's for sure.

khatsar
khatsar

Wasn't expecting much from this, but damn. One sniff and my reptilian brain kicks into gear immediately. I don't know how men feel about this one, but in this woman's humble opinion, Luna Rossa is a pantydropper. Like, I may have spontaneously ovulated. Couldn't even think straight enough to pick out notes. I hope I never catch this on a platonic male friend.

RUDOLFO512

I have been wanting this fragrance for a long time. I put it on my Christmas wish list and my partner got it for me. Wow!! It is all I expected. I love lavender and Luna Rossa is just that. It is absolutely delicious and subtle. I wore it to work this morning and already I have gotten many compliments. I will be wearing Luna Rossa very often.

drakecito
drakecito

Sorry but this is my true opinion.
Synthetic soap with nice bottle but made with poor materials (fragance and bottle). The edges are made with cheap plastic. Made in China maybe?
The fragrance does not smell bad (better in the first minutes),but does not contribute anything to the world of perfumes. Flat and boring. Very generic and toooo sinthetyc ... It's like a Axe deodorant.

Sillage is low and longevity moderate-low.

scent: 5/10
longevity: 5/10
sillage: 4/10

Prada, can you not do anything that don't smel like soap?

Corvidian
Corvidian

Lovely fragrance, fantastic bottle, VERY soothing aftershave (yes, AFTERSHAVE!! Have fragrance manufacturers forgotten that some men practice the age old ritual of... Shaving their faces...).

I'm a really picky buyer with fragrances, but I literally bought this on impulse as the shop was shutting... one smell, done. Even though that shop was SO expensive, I had to have it there and then. A keeper for sure!

Gazo30
Gazo30

Nice clean safe scent, not likely to offend anyone, perfect for daytime use, work or just chilling round town, i personally wouldnt use it for a night out or a date Although it gets plenty of complements from women!! If your looking for something for date night, thats where Luna Rossa Extreme steps up to the plate!

johannbale
johannbale

Do not laugh, actually this edt is OK. I always thought that I'm spraying Ba**on aerosol on my hand when I smells the scent.

Overall 7.5/10

usas
usas

Simple, clean, nice.
I can actually smell lavender, orange and spearmint when I apply it. After a few minutes, as the fragrance gets soft and easy, I get the smell of freshly washed bed sheets.

robbledino
robbledino

lavender opening thats slightly familiar, but then dries down to a very close smell to Prada infusion with the soapy backbone

gianmarco
gianmarco

A very nice frangrance, very clean. Longevity is good, its deffinetley a good purchase and an easy signature frangrance.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

The sage has good longevity on my skin, amazing fragrance! The citrus/bitter mint remembers the Guerlain Homme mojito's. Awesome, awesome again!

sbaransy
sbaransy

I think this is fabulous. I am biased due to the fact I really enjoy Prada amber and intense. This is similar, but has a unique Prada character to it as well. Lots of complexity IMHO.I personally can spray this once on my wrist, and still smell it the next day before a shower. The base notes are a bit sharp and musky, but I can live with that. Of course all skin chemistry is different. I wish all fragrances had that quality. There is nothing worse than loving a juice and have it fade in an hour. I must admit even as much as I enjoy this, it is more suited for warmer weather. Either way, way to be Prada. Now if we could get the intense version here we will be in business.

SNUGGLE DETERGENT.
I have to imagine Miuccia Prada has some hand in the creative direction of her fragrances, and she must be wild about soap.
The only other comment I have for Luna Rossa is that the mint is pleasantly sweet and not all mouthwash like.
SOAP.

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I bought this for my husband, and HE LOVES it because I CANNOT keep my hands off him! It is not a typical in your face man cologne. It begins slightly citrus, and then, it becomes more of a subtle mint and oceanic sent mixed with an outdoor woodsy undertone. It also has wonderful sillage and longevity. Definitely a lot better than my Prada Candy!

I got a sample of this when I bought my Prada Candy. I am NOT a fan of most of the Prada smells because they are to musky or florally and tend to hurt my head. BUT I LOVE THIS!!!!!! I smelled it and instantly ran up to my husband and sprayed it on him to see how it reacted with his chemistry. AMAZING COMBINATION!!!!!

I have seen some people describe this as a more unisex, and because of its softness I could kind of see why. However, I cannot see a "feminine" woman wearing this. Yes it is soft, but still VERY masculine. Not masculine as in "testosterone pumping, lets go beat the crap out of someone", but more "lets lay in bed and let me hold you in my arms where you are safe and forget the world." It gives a quiet comfort and confidence. Which lets face it men... Thats what most of us women want is to be able to feel safe.

DID I MENTION I LOVE THIS!!!!????

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

Yep this is definitely a spring and summer fragrance. When I first smell this on magazine I knew I had to sample this. three months later I finally got the travel size bottle. First spray is bursting with citrus lime flavor.Its like you open a lime and spritz it all over.Its also very fresh at the beginning. After couple of hours of trying this it finally settles down and it becomes close to your skin.This is not a WOW for me fragrance because I've smelled better fresh scent than this. Its a new fragrance from prada and something new for everybody to try. Summer and spring fragrance is a must for this because its a fresh scent and gives you that cool minty feeling. i live in florida and summer here is really long. So i would give this a try this spring summer of 2014. 8/10 great scent prada

aqua_de_la_vita

When Luna Rossa came out, I sampled it but I didn't think it was an AMAZING JUICE. Almost half a year later I decided to give it a second chance. When I sprayed it on me, I found it more appealing with a cool citrusy/bitter orange aromatic blend.
After it settled I was able to smell a herbal blend of lavender/mint mixed with clary sage...these notes gave it a unique aroma. The base note of musk and ambrette with a slightly warm feel to the fragrance which made for appealing quality.
Longevity is excellent, I found that if I sprayed twice I could get over 8hrs.
Sillage is also very good and not to heavy.

Overall opinion,
Prada always comes out with unique frag's and Luna Rossa is testament being different. I enjoy a fragrances which doesn't smell like the other 500 on store shelves. I was fortunate to find 125ml bottle for 30usd.
To sum it up, it could be worn from late summer through the winter days. I gave this frag 8/10 because it has a very unique aroma. Bravo Prada

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This was love at first whiff. This flirty fragrance is subtle, gossamer and affable.

Diaboromon95
Diaboromon95

Simple and masculine. Good.

lbullard

I bought the large bottle when Luna Rossa first came out.It smelt different and that was because I had never smelt a Prada fragrance before. It was fantastic for that reason. I was in the Doctors office the other day and a woman said, I smell a beautiful fresh ladies cologne. I am not shy and said it was me. She said very clean and non offensive and supposed both men and women could wear it. I like it I really do.It sure is not as great as some would have you believe. I am five seven and dress nice. If I were a large man with beard and overpowering in looks, I swear I would look elsewhere.I say yes,you could make it work for you but with the hundreds of choices. I will not be blowing my money on the new one in the gorgeous black bottle.I say go deeper, maybe Vetiver,or Salvadore black. lb

edge42
edge42

You'll want to keep smelling it, but you don't know why. Prada Luna Rossa is one of those kinds of fragrances.

However, ultimately PLR falls flat for me. It smells good on the blotter paper (I think because the top notes are actually the best part of this fragrance) but when applied it has a sweet, synthetic cloying quality to it that just smells uninspiring; even though I do occasionally catch whiffs of this that tease to change my mind.

Longevity is great, PLR lasted well into the day and I can still smell it on my sweater 2 days later. Projection/sillage is low.

I would probably like this on a woman if I didn't have to deal with the sweet cloying quality it has because it does smell nice, but overall it's just not for me.

Score: 6/10

carolinedb
carolinedb

Got a sample of this and really enjoy it. It is a very light and subtle, "shower fresh" fragrance. I am a female and would have no problem wearing this, but I would also love smelling it on a guy. As I wear it, it gets floral and a bit sweet, but still unisex and not too feminine. The most prominent notes, to me, are the lavender and mint, both of which I really enjoy. Very nice!

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

Sabão de rico,fino e sofisticado,alguma note me deu dor de cabeça,mas me rendeu elogio...tenho 2 mls em amostra desse Bendito Prada...deixa rastro perto da pele e fixa moderado,lembra os outros Pradas de sucesso como Infusion e Amber...vou tentar novamente usar e ter uma boa visão sobre ele,me pareceu meio em cima do muro tipo : formal/informal = casual, jovem/maduro,elegante /despojado.

overwest
overwest

I love the sent it's unique, I hate the bottle.

ludludpoludel
ludludpoludel

When it dries down it reminds me so much of He Wood.

rprovenz

Has anyone ever been told they smell synthetic or generic by anybody??

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

I just got a 1,5 ml sample of this and i find it fresh,clean and a bit soapy & floral/lavender on the drydown.This is an everyday perfume,inoffensive,a safe one,you won't go wrong with it but maybe you won't impress either.
It's casual,sporty and it works better for the young crowd IMO.
I used 3 sprays from a sample and It does have good /moderate longevity,around 4-5 hours,after that it becomes close to the skin,too close .
After 6 hours from applying i can barely smell it on my arm,almost gone.
I'm just not sure it's enough masculine for my tastes,i think it could easily pass as unisex fragrance,after 10-15 minutes it becomes sweet and minty,a sweet-cool vibe.
Also it's too light and airy for my tastes,i like fragrances that attracts attention,more powerful and makes ppl ask "what is that great smell?".
This one just sits there like a quiet puppy,not an attention grabber fro sure.

Nick M
Nick M

Reminds me of a sweet tea garnished with fresh flowers, it's far too unisex for my taste; original though. Seems like it would be nice for layering for advanced users.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Cheap synthetic lavender, some sharp analog of citrus, and your typical ozonic woody amber nightmare comprise the fragrance, and most of the drydown. It's "fresh," screechy, full of "clean cotton-T" musk, and a little sweet. It's pretty darned awful, but then again I could see young bucks enjoying it, and I'd totally understand that. It's a hell of a lot better than Axe body spray, but that's not saying much.

before_n_afta
before_n_afta

When I first smelled this on paper I wasn't all that impressed. Some time went by and I found myself at a Nordstrom and an associate there gave me a small sample to take home. After actually wearing it a few times I started to develop a fondness for it. I now have a bottle of it and find myself using this fragrance more than any other. Yes it is powdery, but I find it very classy and sexy, and feel it can be worn just about anywhere, and any time of the year. I have also noticed that this does get the attention of the opposite sex, which isn't a bad thing.

claytron
claytron

Too safe. Too linear. Too generic. I got a few samples of this and gave one to a couple of my friends. One of these friends I work with and he Got a chance to wear it before I did. It smells different on him than it did on me. In fact it smelled great! It changed somehow... When I put this on it smelled the same all the way through. Floral and soapy. After an hour it was still the same. 2 hours, 3 hours, still the same. In fact it got even soapier. As I am not a fan of soapy scents this is a thumbs down for me. My GF was not a fan of it either. She and I agree that on me it smelled very feminine.
Longevity= Good 10 hours
Projection= average
Sillage= also average
Smell= meh :-

lbullard

Gentlemen,I know you want to smell vetiver, sandlewood and the rest of the fougere scents. But stop for a minute and think,do you want something you can wear anytime any place and only get compliments. I will bet you my bile duct no one in the world will dislike it. This fragrance is powdery but powder that smells like you spent a hundred dollars on and then the orange peel and lavender. I beg you to watch and learn a little about creator Daneila Andrier Rocha Who did all thePrada scents. She is older but gorgeous and that French, Italian accent,being that she was born Italian. Just look her up and watch her interviews with reporters etc.I think like jazz music or a crisp fall day you will not want to stop listening to her. HEY, AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT LOOK AT GUERLAIN's new redesigned store. I guess being one of the oldest houses in France they could afford the two and half million dollar light fixture when you walk in the door. Louis Bullard Contributor.

hogan00
hogan00

smells quite heavy and floral. almost a little too perfumey to my liking. i could see a woman wearing this.

i recommend for evening wear.

longevity: 6-7hrs

projection: decent

3/5 stars, nothing but respect

scenturian

Soapy lunacy continues, chapter 3.
I like it as I do like soapy scents.
If u r into soapy and minty fragrances go and get it.
Soft clean soapy for daily wear. Recommended.

Quick update...I have it now!
I stick to everything I said in my initial review except for the fact that I'm totally sold on this fragrance now!!! I LOVE IT.
Think I'll wear it tomorrow.

Ecko_rx
Ecko_rx

i love this fragrance. does anybody here own this and Versace's The Dreamer? Do you think that they sorta smell alike in it's powdery aspect? Dry down to this is soapy and clean. What a relaxing scent

Really I get lots of dry, salty sea notes from this which are not mentioned here...but i feel it perfectly evokes a kind of sailing fragrance(if there is such a thing?) However, I'm not 100% convinced that I like it but I find it a really intriguing scent. I just have a feeling it would grow on me definitely an interesting one.
I'm someone who just has something against Prada (dunno why) but this is a good fragrance quite a cool bottle too, very contemporary and above all masculine.

gd15329
gd15329

Almost like a "sport" scent.
A fresh-after bath scent you put on to go out and have it on you for 2-3 hours top.

Nothing else.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Another elegant powdery soapy fragrance from Prada, as ocurred to Prada Ambar. Top notes are fresher and stronger in Prada Lune, but they die quite quickly. The problem is that sillage is small for its price.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

I can describe this fragrance in four words:
Body Kouros Sport Edition

Excellent projection and longevity. A somewhat typical fragrance that hits all the checkboxes of what the average fragrance is, but it does also have some originality to it. Nothing groundbreaking, but still worth checking out.

3.5/5

rprovenz

Better than average, but lacks the firepower

STOPTHEPOPUPS
STOPTHEPOPUPS

I do not fully understand all the hate for this one. This scent is awesome and unique, IMO.

brs
brs

Beautiful reminds me cerruti si, good longevity

baldheadjim
baldheadjim

Citrusy bitter orange plays balances nicely with the lavender opening. Citrus dries down in about 30 mins to form a soft and relaxing lavendar bubble. Mint is almost imperceptible but its there keeping the whole structure fresh and clean. As one woman said to me, Its the kind of fragrance that makes me want to smell your shirt when you leave.

jmcs1984
jmcs1984

Luna Rossa... I find it totally masculine and clean, sporty, young, invigorating, great after shower and exercising, it works no matter what you have to do. The ISO renovates the classic lavanda fragance, and there's no more aspirations in it... after hours, the smell keeps soft and pleasent, mix with yourself and it's then when it gets personality. It's for every day, but not for everybody. Boys, keep using best-selled good considerated fresh fragances,... I choose Luna Roja

Washix
Washix

من این کار جدید پرادا رو تست کردم
فعلا گذاشتم ببینم بوش رو کاغذ چقدر باقی میمونه و نوتهاش چطور تغییر میکنه
اما حس من بعد از اولین اسپری این عطر گشاد شدن چشمام و خیره شدن به برگ تست بود
یک بوی عجیب و نرمی از سوختگی ملایم چوب و چرم میداد که کاملا تازه گی داشت
که البته ندیدم از دوستان فرنگیمون کسی به این مورد اشاره ای کرده باشه
بهرحال، بنظرم این یک عطر گرم و اسپایسی هست که به شکل هنرمندانه ای به یک کار خنک و سرد تبدیل شده
اینکه بعضی از دوستان اون رو با هی وود مقایسه کردن بنظرم درست نیست.
با اینکه کاملا فضای متفاوتی رو تجربه میکنید اما به نظرم نوتهاش بعد از یک مدت ماندگاری بیشتر با فارنهایت قابل مقایسه هست
با اینکه فکر میکنم قیمتی که روش گذاشتن کمی بیشتر از اونچیزی هست که باید باشه
اما آنقدر تحریک شدم که بزودی یکیش را بخرم

Lausal2328
Lausal2328

Clean sporty scent. Opens very citrus-y, being for men don't find it too masculine & me being a female can wear it comfortably. Nothing extraordinary, but if you want to wear something that others will appreciate or compliment this is a safe bet, on my husband smells slightly more spicy than on me.

WRS67
WRS67

I can't say this is my favorite fragrance, but it's definitely worth keeping. I wore it today and several co-workers complimented me on it. I pick up a lot of lavender at first and then the spicy notes develop on the dry down. This would be a good frag to wear to work as it's pleasant and probably isn't going to be offensive to anyone.

Eboniteshade
Eboniteshade

Red alert! (Skin turned red on contact.) Powdery echoes of aluminium-fibreglass-canvass on my skin. But at least not generic. Short-lived, doesn't work for me. This must be what a mannequin smells like, if I may be unkind. Nevertheless, give me this over say, YSL's L'Homme Libre anytime!

pyokr28
pyokr28

very very special, unique, soft!!! better than others male fragrance

stever882

all i have to since wearing this i get compliments from lots of women and ended up with a phone number from a night out.
its my first Prada fragrance, and i say its their best. i was never really a fan of this house until now.

sinclame
sinclame

Now I know this is a masculine scent but I am finding it very unisex. A really good friend and I were out shopping and he saw the display and sprayed it on the test card while I was checking out other fragrances. He asked me what I thought and my first reaction was head over heels for this herby clean scent (I have other very clean herb based scents like Burberry Weekend and Electric Rose by Givenchy). He adores it too and thought it would smell dynamite on me, went back and picked up a bottle a couple of weeks ago and it's quickly become my most complimented fragrance and that's amazing considering this is the 65th fragrance added to my collection. My friends, male and female are always asking what I am wearing. I have to say Luna Rossa has hit it out of the park for me.

burgundyaltima

Very fresh and clean scent..wear this before bed OR on the days you don't want to smell like a "cologne". Luna Rossa reminds me of baby cologne or baby moist toilette wipes..it's Prada infusion d'homme w/ a lavender twist..sometimes in the dry down ill catch a whiff of something that smells kind of gourmand-ish like chocolate.. Definitely UNISEX and anyone can wear it but IMO this would be best suited for the older crowd 30+ grown,sexy and mature..i like it but will not pay retail for it....definite TRY!

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

FRAGRANCE UPDATE* The last comment I left was not fair at all in regards to this spearmint fresh wonder juice!! I wear this at night after a hot summer day and get compliment, after compliment, after compliment... The spearmint and lavender coincide perfectly and are a suitable combination.. If you want to smell refreshed, cool, and clean after the second shower of the summer day going into a summer night this is the ideal scent.. I went from sorta kinda liking this to all out loving it!! Silage is incredible longevity is Excellent, highly recommended..

Adrien02
Adrien02

I don't know if anyone else gets this but I think the ambroxan really helps this from being just another stereotypical Prada, not that Prada is bad in any sense of the word. I was honestly expecting a flanker type along the lines of Prada Amber pour Homme, when I first sniffed then immediately experienced a note which reminded me of an Escentric Molecules' fragrance, Escentric 02. I really expected a tad of ISO E-Super also since it smelled so similar, but it isn't listed here. I daresay it has already become someone's signature scent and if I didn't have one already it would certainly be in the running for mine.
It is citrusy without being overy so and the notes are well balanced. Wears close-to-the-skin. Not at all obtrusive or obnoxious. If it were a man it would be the kind you wouldn't mind taking home to meet the parents.

I like it, I have smelled Bleu de Chanel and this is a bit similar. Aromatic. Still woodsy, a real masculine scent, the lavender is pretty strong but the scent is well blended, smooth, elegant, fresh in a way, I can't imagine a woman wearing it though..
Worth considering if you like classy scents, that aren't frivolous!
Something I would buy my husband for sure, once he is done with Bleu!!

Brandon_4078
Brandon_4078

I got a free sample of Luna Rossa. It's a very soapy Lavender scent at the top and the dry down is an authentic lavender with some bitter orange. Its a good fragrance quality wise but I think it would be better for women. Not for me.

EDIT: As I wore it a couple more times it has started to grow on me (MORE UNISEX, not feminine), nice for going out to eat or just sitting outside. Still wouldn't where it around my friends though as it lacks the masculinity.

89ers
89ers

I got a sample of Luna Rossa at one of the purchases I made recently, I don't even remember. I didn't even realize it was there until it fell out of the bag when I got home. I would have probably never tried it otherwise, and honestly I'm glad I did.

It starts off with a rather intriguing fusion of lavender, bitter oranges, and mint. It's both bitter, and with a soapy clean freshness. I can't help but think of the opening of T.S. Eliot's the Wasteland, "April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain." The smell definitetly makes me think of being in a field after a rainstorm in spring, with all of the fresh herbal smells invigorated.

I was rather shocked by the smell at first, mainly because it's so not what I'm used to. However, if you can resist the less than macho opening, the dry down is even better. It's got rather good sillage and longevity in my experience, something I value from other colognes lacking it. Overall it comes across as a sophisticated, bold fragrance that lets itself be noticed without screaming for attention. I reccomend it.

missan
missan

I must admit I don´t like Prada´s male fragrances. They are so cold and sterile to me. This is in the same vain as the others. Totally uninteresting. I don´t understand whom this would bring a pleasure to. But pay no attention, I´m not really in to this type of scents.

denncita
denncita

Wow this smells really good! I think that most men fragrances with the lavender note smell good overall.. but the sage here just gives it that little oomph that makes it very unique and interesting. The citrus makes this fragrance light enough to wear during the day yet I can definitely see a man wearing this on a night out. The dry down is very soft reminds me of moist baby wipes. I like this fragrance, I find it intriguing.

hod
hod

uninteresting soapy-lavender scent.
pass.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

A nice clean soapy scent from beginning to end. Its really fresh. This is one of my favorites from my favorite house.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

I picked this up in Paris last year before hit the US. Wonderful fresh scent that works well in my hot humid climate. I get 7 hrs with little sillage, so a solid work scent. Yes for me, nice job Prada.

Firmansyah
Firmansyah

Hmmm..mmmm...
Tried it.

Infusion with more lavender accord.
First impression, less clean and sophisticated for a brand like Prada.
Update later.

dhicock
dhicock

I like this scent. It lasted almost the entire work day, it's noticeable, I got compliments for it, it's nice.

As soon as you spray it, it's a little strong and harsh in my opinion, but the dry down is where the money is here. Once it dries down, this scent is wonderful for the price.

CDGfan

Similar to Infusion D'Iris but the mint, lavender and and amber setting it apart. A very good work fragrance and very long lasting, projection medium to good. I would not call it amazing but honestly speaking compared to all the shitty offerings from other Italian Designer houses, this is probably one of the best for this year thus far, if not the best lol. After testing out abominations such as Versace Eros and Gucci Guilty, Luna Rossa gets my vote!
7.5/10

ThisCharmingMan
ThisCharmingMan

Like some reviewers have mentioned, starts off with citrusy and slight soapy notes, but give it 15 to 20 minutes and the dry down is quite intriquing. I actually liked it more as the hours passed.
Definitely a nice spring or summer fragrance.
Moderate to good sillage - 6/10
Great Longevity - 7/10
Worth checking out in my book

Jwaks
Jwaks

Semi-sweet mint and musky ambrette clash in this fragrance creating a disharmony that bothers me. Otherwise, it's a nice, clean soapy mint and lavender centric scent. Quiet and well short of groundbreaking, this is a safe spring and summer 'soap like' scent from a respected brand name. I much prefer Guerlain's wonderful mint based fragrances such as Guerlain Homme and Homme L'eau.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Very good one, calming flower by the river scent, but honestly, too calming for my taste.

jesslockz
jesslockz

This is a very calming fragrance. I love the lavender in it. It basically smells lavender for the whole time and a bit of a citrus touch. At the end, it gets a little bit more manly but because of the excessive lavender, it's a good thing to balance it all out. amazing.

mnmlizm
mnmlizm

Prada Luna Rossa

NOTE: This is not an Infussion flanker!

When I first smelled this I thought to myself okay Prada created another soapy, clean fragrance with a label that could just have been called Infussion d'Lavender. That's not to say I for one did not instantly love it. It's modern, and that's what I go for. Well, I actually sprayed the on my skin and wow it jumped off my skin really brilliantly after I gave it a chance. I even walked around and asked ladies which one better suits me personally, and the other being Burberry Summer. Which actually turned into full conversations and led me to getting just a little more than their opinion. That's one identifier! If you can capture a woman's attention with a fragrance you're doing something right! I've been wearing this for months now, and life has definitely been one-upped with this frag!

Summer difference: I really, really dislike over citrusy type scents… maybe because of their youthful minded qualities and their lack of longevity. That is not the case here citrus top that fades in about an hour on me. The Lavender really lingers on through to the base, or maybe it's the Clary Sage that is holding my attention, and that Mint note seems to sit higher above the Lavender to my nose in this composition. That combination is definitely different! Not to mention the base of this fragrance which is Amber based! Ambrette and Super Iso E or Ambroxan. Not really sure on if it is Super Iso E or Ambroxan. Either way they are both synthetic chemicals that have high quality and are quite expensive to get a hold of. I for one am glad that this is there because I think the scent has disappeared when it's really gotten me the most compliments ever! I wake up after wearing it for more than 14 hours and can still smell it closely, but enough that whoever is lying with you can appreciate it as well! It comes in and out of my nose and surprises me with a warm woody, powdery, incense, and velvety type of smell. Longevity is on 10!

The reason I think Prada compositions go over really well with women is because they have the Calvin Klein vibes done on so much of a higher scale! Overly and overtly masculine scents are boring! This is a work of art because it has that androgynous vibe to it! That unisex style is what women are dying to find out what it is so they can spray it on their things or equally themselves! That's modernity at it's finest and society will typically run from it, because a man wants to smell "rugged". If you don't give it a chance or have a predisposition about "powdery" scents that are too clean. Then walk past this. If you are looking for something to differentiate yourself for the Spring/Summer this frag is in a league of it's own!

Prada has won my nose over countless times. Women and Men alike have complimented me literally almost everywhere I am! My new life game changer!

My secret is Prada Luna Rossa!

Riobard
Riobard

Nice fragrance 7-1/2 out of 10 not to crazy about it I began to get a powder feel to it after while would i buy it.........Naaa.

paralataringa
paralataringa

The good thing about this one is the opening (last for 10 minutes) after that it transforms in to this soapy monster, you can even smell the grease of the soap, not for me

Riverwide

Aside from the tacky bottle which both looks and feels cheap, I love this stuff. Beautifully fresh, slightly salty, warm lavender and a little sage. It's perfect on a warm sunny day.

Lasting power is excellent, especially on clothing. Not sure about the sillage, but I smell wafts of it for hours after application.

Quality stuff.

Nirvalica
Nirvalica

I was looking for a good spring scent and this one really stood out to me. I don't know what all the negative reviews on here are for, but I think this is a great smelling cologne. I feel it's a pretty safe scent that won't offend many. This cologne has gotten me the most compliments out of any that I own. I say it's a winner.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Updated review: I now like this fragrance, wore it maybe for the third time and boom it made dig it. There is a slight resemblence to Infusion D'Homme btw.

Older review: Not really impressed by this, not even the bottle. First initial spray I get citrus with like sweets and maybe like a sea kind of vibe with spices, and that's about it. The dry down is kind of musky. Makes for a day time summer fragrance. Lasted a while on the skin, and on clothing maybe even more. It just smells a lot like other summer fragrances out there. Try it though. It's still Prada.

larita91
larita91

Oh my God! I'm a woman, and so in love with this frag! best men's perfume I've ever smelled! So calming, with lots of lavender, but not smells like herbs or anything, it is beautifully composed with the orange note...
Kinda sweet for a men's fragrance, I even like it wearing myself, but I GO CRAZY when I smell it on someone else.... :))))

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I recently purchased this fragrance specifically for my spring vacation in Italy.. Upon application you get a strong blast of fresh citrus than Luna Rossa begins to settle into a fresh soapy marine vibe.. The soapiness is the same type of soapiness you find in most of Prada's fragrances which I happen to like.. I really am not that big a fan of citrus scents or aquatic scents, however I really do like this one.. Definitely good for spring and summer!

kuba
kuba

BRILLIANT!!!.in my opinion it is by far the best of Prada line for Men.it is modern and flirt in a unique way.i have Prada Ambre but i consider it the best.thanx once again Prada

$$
$$

By far Prada Luna Rossa is the cleanest PRADA scent out right now.The lavander,mint and bitter orange stands out and makes this a cool fresh summer cologne.Not as soapy this time around or they just got the right notes together to make this more appropriate to wear.Thank the GODS.

jjwade
jjwade

this is just a more sickly version of prada infusion. i got a bottle for xmas but got rid. def not for me.

Teeter
Teeter

I was looking for a spring/summer scent that did not scream citrus. This scent has the citrus note of orange but is distant and rounded, not sharp. There is initially a blending of lavender and mint, but the orange note lingers in the background to brighten the fragrance. It's fresh, clean but at the same time soft. If I could describe this scent by colors, the intially nose is a strong purple (lavender) but green (mint) settles in quickly and the two meld in the upper notes with a shallow baseline of orange (orange), a very faint, earthy beige (amber)anchors the scent. The meld of all notes have a somewhat oceananic memory, with an earthy anchor. It is neither completely clear (sharp), nor completely powerdery, but lurks somewhere between as if suspended in air. Dusty oceanic air? Perhaps... Aquatic. Lofty. With just enough earth to anchor it.

hautegaunt
hautegaunt

this scent is so offensive and cheap smelling. It's my favorite example of $60 colognes vs $120 colognes. Absolutely basic and awful

TimKJ
TimKJ

Like the bottle, love the scent.

ION
ION

I find the fact surprising that basil is not mentioned anywhere in the ingredients list, only because "Luna Rossa" is basically that; basil as a perfume!
Even so, I fear I failed to be precise enough, only because the smell of Basil essential oil -this perfume is heavily inspired by- hasn't much in common with the smell of the basil leaves we all know well and love so much!
It's odour profile is herbal (yes) but also anisic, liquorice-like, with a touch of spiciness.
Eventually, this is what "Luna Rossa" is all about, with a marine-woody accord lying somewhere in the background.
As a perfume it is not bad; even if clearly unispiring for anyone familiar with essential oils and/or aromachemicals.
I would be all for it's technical brilliance however, if the perfumer had managed to give it more sillage and a more profound character (I always like the way basil was used in "Antaeus" for example, even if there its role was as a modifier).
This is a perfume for a modern male in his 30s, with a character that lacks vastness or complexity, somehow careless, but at the same time ambitious and focused.
I find the name in accordance with the smell, even if as we all know, basil is green! :-)

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

Imagine Infusion d'Homme with a minty-orange note and you'll get the picture.

kaizer121
kaizer121

This is a very subtle scent. Its longevity is fantastic, and the sillage is actually at worst average, possibly even a little better, but you'll only ever pick up the slightest hints of it. It's a very pleasant scent, and while it is somewhat generic, the floral notes give just enough differentiation from the norm to be worth at least trying. I think it's best suited to the spring and summer, and is without question a daytime scent. Overall, it's nothing earth shattering but Luna Rossa gives a nice (albeit subtle) deviation from the norm of summer citrus.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

"Luna Rossa" opens bright and fresh. Though I don't think it's too similar to "Infusion d'Homme", I understand that they share the same DNA.
During the development you can feel a soapy vibe that's not bad at all.
I really enjoyed the lavender note. It's comfortable and relaxing. "Luna Rossa" is a crowd pleaser.
Longevity and sillage are okay, like most Prada men's fragrance but I wish it could stay longer on my skin.

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

When I first tried this in the store, I felt bad for the poor salesgirl, because I kept walking back to the tester bottle. There was something about it that smelled fresh/nice so I put some on my skin. I had the person show me some other new perfumes, but I kept smelling my wrist and saying, more to myself, what is it about this scent that keeps me coming back, it was so alluring. I wound up buying something else, but I kept smelling the Luna Rossa and smelling it and knew then I had to have it. The opening notes for me are definitely spearment and citrus (grapefruit?) and then the dry down just becomes like a Renoir garden, flowers but something else (spices) keeping it from becoming too flowery. I love this scent, and I never liked Prada anything for men before, because they were so overpowering and intense IMO. This one is just right for me, and quite unique too.

Marko_m6
Marko_m6

Cool & Fresh , different then other scents , Think about walking on seashore and the first breeze, smell u get when u arrived. Nice , highly recommended .

stever882

After wearing this fragrance for s week with some samples I was on the fence about it , now I've grown to like it , has received many compliments!
Never liked any prada frangrance before this one. So I think ill buy a bottle

candy-datura
candy-datura

A great scent for cold weather. I clearly hear the base, and top notes go away quickly; the composition is very good in total. Why is it "citrus aromatic"?

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Soapy, generic, boring. On me it's nearly gone after two hours. This is my least favorite Prada I have tried thus far. The bottle is interesting and has a nice machined tactile feel to it. If Kraftwerk had a scent, it would come in a bottle like this. But who buys a scent for the bottle?

rafickw
rafickw

How does that smell like PRADA IFD? that's an insult to Infusion D'homme, there is nothing in common this is a tea.ginger and aquatic mix with a hint of mint more similar to gucci by gucci sport

Michalightning
Michalightning

You must try it on the skin whether you like it in the scent card or not. The lavender and mint really come alive as the top notes wear (45 seconds on skin to set). Also, as everyone knows, a scent can change dramatically on one's skin chemistry. I also feel this scent can be unisex for women who like less feminine fragrances.

Omar Chamsi-Pasha
Omar Chamsi-Pasha

I wear this, i like it. Go buy it, i don't recommend it highly but you do get a lot of compliments for it.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This smelled SO GOOD on the tester strip that I sprayed it on. It was so clean and fresh, and TERRIFIC! I was about to ask the sales associate to package up a 3.4 ounce bottle of this for me JUST from sniffing the tester strip. But then I got bold and sprayed some on my wrist...

But the wrist was what stopped me from asking the lady behind the desk...it absolutely DIED on my skin. This gorgeous, perfectly-combined fragrance had absolutely NO power on my skin.

After reading the notes, I was chomping at the bit to try this..but it just doesn't work at all with my skin chemistry.

To me, from reading the notes, it sounded like a fresher, sportier version of Gucci Guilty...and that's what I got from the tester strip! But on my skin, it was just a stereotypical "cologne-smell". Stereotypically manly, geared toward men that are uncomfortably adamant about asserting their manliness.

Like those men that quickly shush away anything fruity, for the sake of being deemed "feminine" by their peers, thanks to this horridly heteronormative society.

That's what I hate about the industry these days when it comes to the male market. It's all the same, with nothing new. You have the fresh, sport options, and then the musky tobacco/leather options....They bore me to tears. This is why, as a man, I mostly wear perfumes...because the women's section is the only place where you'll find scant traces of variety.

This Prada concoction smells like pretty much everything else you'll find on the counter beside it.

It's nothing new, and it doesn't last. I saw it placed right next to Versace Eros, which is HORRID.....So this is the section of the counter I need to remember to pass over every time I venture to the fragrance wasteland known as the "Men's Section."

In the meantime, I'll continue to turn heads and impress with my Thierry Mugler Angel or Womanity, Balenciaga Florabotanica, or Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens...Because I refuse to leave my doorstep smelling like a stereotype.

globalscene
globalscene

first of all....this doesn't suck. NOW.....this perfume has LAYERS...all the note layers can be identified seperately. perfectly layered. sniff it out. what it does smell like.......well....if you know that wrigley's bubble gum.the white one. hold on let me bing it because the last time i had one was years ago...brb............oh yes..the wrigleys white spearmint bubble gum not the green and white one just the pure white one...that's what this is in its fragrant scent....WITh the added "perfumery" spice....it's good . ok bye.

mse-21
mse-21

Definitely similar to Infusion D'homme but has a strong lavender note on the top. Or in other words the role that Iris plays there is given to Lavender here. The rest is almost the same.

This similarity doesn't mean they smell the 'same.' I honestly liked IdH better, this one doesn't have that character. IdH was trying to provide a very refined stylish scent inspired by old fashioned grooming world. This one still has a really refined character but is trying to get modernized and sporty. This makes everything a little bit confusing to me: 'Classic' Lavender on a base similar to IdH and meant to be a modern 'Sporty' scent...

All in all, in dry down I get a pleasant and clean scent. I have to confess that it's smelling good and I do recommend it for day wear in Spring or Fall. However, I need to add that the application of Lavender in this case is reminding me of fresh scents of 90s! While I admire the bottle design, the product wasn't good enough to find its way to my collection.

Very good longevity and projection. Overall: 6 out of 10.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is Soapy smell cologne same like every the other Prada cologne for men

CDGfan

This is basically a diluted version of Prada Infusion pour homme but with a bit of mint thrown in. This could easily be a flanker to Infusion. Compared to new designer releases out there, this is probably the best one. The bottle is quite nice. Sillage is ok but longevity on this is easily 10-12 hours.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Tested this out today @ Macy's, this, though not bad just smells like an even more watered down version of Infusion Homme (soapy-fresh vibe) I really wish Prada would release something amazingly new for men like they did the candy for woman all the men's scent smell fairly similar to me...Any-who It's likeable && enjoyable enough, very clean && fresh for the break of spring into summer, I like the name, nice sleek modern bottle. The nice thing about this is I think of sailing on the open waters when I smell this so the marketing is perfect, && though it reminded me of Infusion, it still had something else that made it different. I sprayed it on the top of my hand && went strong for a good 5 hrs && I could still smell it fine after...sillage is pretty moderate. In all nice scent nice bottle, great if you like clean, no it's nothing really shockingly new/different, but its still very much worth a try. :)

Overall: 8/10

omarilm1
omarilm1

This stuff sucks took it back the next day

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

smells a lil similar to Le Male to me. YUCK! i never want to smell like that!

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

This is Prada Infusion D'Homme Extreme. I would swear there were vetiver in here as I smelled this before looking at the notes. I will say that the type of fragrance it is I would go for Grey Vetiver, Terre D'Hermes, maybe even Infusion Vetiver or Infushion Homme....not saying this is bad at all, just not blown away. THIS WOULD BE A PERFECT FATHER'S DAY GIFT. Caps on purpose. I believe 9 out of 10 fathers would find this nice and clean and 10 out of 10 women would like their man to smell like this.

I finally figured out what ISO E Super was I have smelled it in this fragrance and many others now. Sort of has an ambrigris feel to it and it adds a bit of depth to this fragrance and sort of helps with the generic freshness feel this would have had. I think this is a great companion to Prada Amber. Again not impressed but it is a solid offering. Longevity seems to be great I didn't spray enough on the pulse points to get projection/sillage but I think it would be in the moderate range, which is perfect for this type of fragrance.

If the desingers keep this up (Eros, Fendi, this....) we may be in a good year or next few years for good frags under $100.

7-7.5 out of 10.

gerry.madoni

Generic quality notwithstanding, this scent comes up spades with longevity that is never ending. I applied one small spray on a Friday evening ,now , 3 days later and with showers over that time, the stuff is still wafting from my wrist. If you want a workhorse summer scent that will last in the the heat , this is the one to pick.
Not FBW for me, but I was very impressed with the lasting power of this scent.

Prior to testing Luna Rossa, I glanced at the scent pyramid and prepared myself for yet another predictable citrus masculine. Now that I have actually tested it, I can fully admit that I was wrong to prejudge this fragrance.

Luna Rossa is a quality scent. The opening is a fresh and summery burst of bitter orange, which in this case, smells much nicer than straight-up lemon. When the bitter orange softens, the herbaceous nature of this fragrance becomes more apparent. Lavender, mint and clary sage come together nicely in the heart.

The drydown can be either a love it or a hate it. Iso E Super as a note can get on some people's nerves. It is after all a synthetic ingredient, commonly known as an aromachemical. However I personally think it works well in this composition, providing a smooth, woody touch when paired with the ambrette accord.

I would quite happily buy this fragrance for a man. It's one of the few citrus masculines that I actually like. I am after all a fan of lavender on men, so perhaps that is the reason why I rate this fragrance so highly.

I found Luna Rossa's sillage to be average, however I must say that the longevity is excellent. I can trust Prada to deliver. The only thing I didn't like about Luna Rossa was the odd packaging. It's quite unattractive in real-life.

frangellan
frangellan

This is what you would get if you fused amber homme with infusion d'homme. Very nice fragrance. Starts out citrusy but dries down to the signature soapiness of Prada. Lasts a bit and has pretty good projection. Many people will whine that it smells too mainstream but it's well-done and much better than many of the current choices in this same "sport" arena.

Burridge
Burridge

Tested this last year and asked some friends I was with to tell me what it smelt like (I didn't tell them what it was)
They all said it smelled like deodorant and one said soap.
And I agree, it's a nice scent but pretty generic, especially for the price.

Mercurial Muzz
Mercurial Muzz

I grabbed a sample of this from a department store, and while it is nicely done, it does have a 'safe' element to it. It goes on brisk and fresh, and smells like it has great potential. But about five minutes later it develops a soapy quality, that lingers into the dry down. If you like soapy smelling scents that's great. And, Luna Rossa is pleasant, and I like it, but it is not something I would buy. The bottle looks great, but the juice is a bit like so many summer-oriented colognes - there is a generic element to it. Non-offensive and pleasant, but hardly groundbreaking.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

I like prada Amber and infusion d'homme, this is somehow the little brother of infusion , dry minty soapy little powdery clean scent.
Not bad but i wouldn't buy it , it's not sporty or for summer.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The first fragrance sport from Prada and yes, it was well done.
It has a beautiful lavender at the opening with a blast citrus.
After that, gets colder, with the chords of mint and sage.
The base have a musky with a hint of cedar, remarkable in many citrus but here appears a slight DNA of Infusion, which makes it somewhat, slightly refined.

stever882

Ok , I just smelled is for the first time and in the beginning I seem to like it.

but after a few minutes it does smell like thi hass been done before and when the lavender came more predominant with a little vanilla., it then started to remind me of Jean Paul lemale a little bit but with more citrus .

don't get me wrong this is a great fragrance but nothing new

steve0580
steve0580

I don't understand why so many people dislike this. I think it's a wonderful fragrance.

It's very fresh and clean smelling. If you believe in aromatherapy to lift moods, this has both lavender and spearmint in it.

The Macy's closest to my house was sold out of it, so I had to go to another location. Obviously, quite a few people are fond of it.

Anatolian_Swarthy

yes,it has citrus scent but it seperates than others with floral notes.Really different nice scent.

RickS1169
RickS1169

Well done. Very prada-ish. You'll understand if you try it. I disagree with it being generic. It's not crazy different, but different. I like it.

killerpollo
killerpollo

went to my local macys and i saw it never heard of it before so tried it i was like meh , then later i keep on smelling it on my arm and although is your typical designer fragrance nothing awesome or new , but for some reason i ended up liking it , great scent for a hot day ,

ornagershon@gmail.com
ornagershon@gmail.com

Fabulous!!!!

It starts off very cool and citrusy but it quickly changes into something silvery and milky clean soap-like or a nice after-shave cream lotion. It's very Prada in every way. The citrusy coolness is still lingering but not obvious anymore. It's synthetically pleasant overall but there is still no exciting factor in this unless this is your first ever Prada. I'm still contemplating whether I should get one. The bottle looks great by the way.

perfumas
perfumas

Smells like a soap...

haybraem
haybraem

like it long lasting :-}

Anatolian_Swarthy

and i bought it today,i love it,
the longevity is long,be sure.
i normally love chocalate,coffe,vanilla,woody notes but this is floral and i love it.

LUNA ROSSA..!

Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried it and i think i will buy it soon,nice floral scent..

matty64
matty64

I sampled this @ Macy's, nice bottle but fragrance is just okay.

pbluberry
pbluberry

The combination of notes sounds brilliant. Is this something a girl can wear?? I'm very drawn to aromatics. Lavender, mints, and bitter orange are among my favorite notes. I'm surprised there is not a hint of rose in this.

Anatolian_Swarthy

i wanna buy it but imnot sure,i love scent of luna rossa,but is the longevity really good?long lasting?therefore im not sure,if u say "long lasting "then i buy it
pls help me

scenturian

First impression: Mint bomb, reminded me YSL Live Jazz.
Overall smells clean and soapy.
Will update soon.

alepoz84
alepoz84

un profumo non male...ma con gli stessi soldi ve ne sono altri migliori...

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

When I first tried luna rossa I was like WOW! Perfect citrussy smell and lavender all around. However, half an hour later it all disappeared leaving just the tiniest hint of citruss. I said what a shame, a ferfect scent with the worst longevity ever! Still want to enjoy this perfume I smelled it again after 1 hour and here it is... In all it's glory... I was really surprised, how can a smell fade so quickly just to reappear better than before?!

Really intresting stuff and really nice bottle makes Luna Rossa one of the few PRADA perfumes that I really enjoy!

Projection is somewhat disappoiting though!

Roel
Roel

Smells like the handsoap I use. Not something I would want to smell like.

carera
carera

nice bottle when i smell i remember kiton man but more smooth .and kiton more sharp

parislady
parislady

Luna Rossa is a really imaginative new scent. Soft and fresh with a twist. Really fab bottle and beautiful scent. I bought it for my brother a few days ago and adore it on him. Will have to buy it now for my husband.
Its not what I was expecting from the ingredients, its so much better. It is a soft, slightly fresh scent, with a lovely lingering mellow musky dry down. Its quite a unique scent in that, apart from many layers to it, it doesnt overpower but you cant help falling in love with and wanting to smell more of it. The mint with lavender and then the lush amberete is a devine combination.
This scent will be a classic for a long time and is well worth investing in.
A really welcome new original scent.

orestes
orestes

perfect fragrance! i love this scent!

persefoni
persefoni

Inside this beautiful and eye-catching bottle lies a dry, yet sweet, smell.. wonderful combination of lavender, bitter orange and mint and i bet the ladies who tend to be a bit conservative will love it on their partner..
Actually it's one of the easiest, prettiest masculine(?) smells to be launched for some time now.. Definitely pleasant, and quite unisex, i may add..

bp
bp

Recently I used a sample of this perfume and I was amazed.
The touch of citrus in this creation is excellent.
What impressed me most was the overall quality of the perfume. Note that it is an expensive perfume and distinct, like all products of Prada....what is very clear in the bottle, which in my view is spectacular and with great class.
Longevity and projection are quite good.
I recommend to all people who like perfumes with class, which although not aggressive, does not go unnoticed.

Gault
Gault

The look of the bottle clearly states that this is marketed as a more masculine fragrance in the Prada selection, but the truth is whoever finds Infusion d'Homme too feminine will find Luna Rossa too. This is a less powdery version of that one, with a barely noticable citrus fruit note in the background.
Lets call it Infusion d'Homme Sport!
Roughly same longevity, same projection. The opening is misleading and after a while this is so much identical I fear they will discontinue Id'H.
Although I cannot say I dont like the scent, I'm not sure there is a reason for its existence, at least not in the artistic aspect, it's just a stripped down copy of a timeless masterpiece.

(Btw, the bottle looks nice on a picture but the metal part feels cheap when you hold it.)

maxlight
maxlight

Simply the best fresh fragrance at the market. Well balanced and crafted, sporty and sophisticated at the same time. WOW!

antonpan
antonpan

That's a winner of 2012 season to me. A rare example of sporty fragrance that posesses a high quality of ingridients. What I feel is lavender, mint and a typical Prada soapy accord. The fragrance smells quite balsamic at the same time, it reminds me of Cerruti Si a lot.
Nice projection, high longevity.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tested this today and although it is fresh and aquatic, it dries down to pretty much a copy of DSquared Ocean Wet Woods and I already own that.
Nice bottle though.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I find nothing special in this new Prada. After having read so many comments about the top quality ingredients and the signature of such a talented perfumer, this lavender wash, with no volume or character was a huge disappointment. After the first few minutes when the camphorous notes subside, a truly disturbing element appears. I don't know what it is but it smells sour and sweaty. The same nuance is evident in another Prada, Amber Extreme. I think it is a product of the clash between some aspects of resins and the modern aromachemicals. After that phase is gone all that's left is a generic sweetness contrasted by the screech of Iso E Super. No projection after that. Does not compare to infusion d'Iris or Amber.

I think Prada is at its best, in fragrance and clothing, when doing elegant-strict with an urban edge and the occasional off scale elements. When veering into the sporty the whole style collapses. The bottle design (really bad in my opinion, with the aluminum part not quite fitting the glass) and its contents seem to be addressed to the fans of the "red stripe" line of clothes and accessories which is the cheapest (both in price and design quality) that Prada can do. Good for those who want to sport the PRADA logo, even if there is less of Prada essence in their buy.

parfemđija
parfemđija

For the first hour nothing special, seen and smelled thousands time before, it reminds of a many scents that came out in a last few years. but then, drydown is very nice and fresh.. it smells very beautiful, and is loooong lasting.. I wish I could say that for sillage..

darlosu
darlosu

agree with troikas, marine version of Prada infusion - nice bottle but not so nice juice - better keep moneys for original!

lalelu
lalelu

this stuff stinks .. like rotten soap.. the nice bottle cant save the messy inside

troikas
troikas

its a marine version of prada infiusion for man.i have it now and i snifit ,its good perfume and good botle

dandan
dandan

As someone sad until the dry down it's basically the same like Dsquared Wood / Ocean Wet Wood. After that it has something "Pradaish" soapy dry down. At the first hour it has a really sharp smell, it gives my eyes a dry feeling. Maybe it's just me.
I expected much more than this from a house like Prada. It's not bad at all, easy to wear on casual days (not formal at all), but I'm sure that some of you out there will find the smell a little bit cheap.

The bottle is well-designed, easy to hold, good quality. It fits into the Prada Linea Rossa sport line.

Tigrou
Tigrou

Boring scent with the Prada signature in the drydown.

A little sporty, a little soapy. Nothing exciting...

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

@ Bruno2theV...you are right.this smells a lot like a fragrance you've used or smelt before once you spray it-if you have a huge collection or at least you try testing a lot of fragrances.all I got from it was a DSquared He Wood Ocean Wet Wood reminder and also Eau de Badian from L'occitane.I did therefore did not find this original or adding anything new to an already saturated market.

It is very long lasting for what comes across to me like a 'marine aquatic'.we know aquatics dont really last that long but this does.sillage is good too.

I will not be buying this anytime soon but I wont begrudge anyone who is bonkers over it

Riverwide

I tried this yesterday in the Debenhams store in Dublin's Henry Street. It reminds me a lot of Nautica Voyage and L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme. It has that fresh salty seabreeze smell. I can definitely get the lavender and some sage too. It's quite light and quickly turns to a skin scent, but it seems to have decent lasting power. Very little sillage.

Not bad at all, but not not hugely exciting either.

michael1975
michael1975

debenhams in england now stock this its quite soft and i can smell melon in it,it reminds me of a lacoste frgrance cant remember which one,found longevity no long on me,will need to test again

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

Well, as promised, as soon as I tried this fragrance I would post my review. I got the chance of sniffing this one this afternoon, and, this one is a winner. Tipical Prada style.
The top notes show a fresh fragrance and a little bit of citrus.
Good longevity so far, sprayed at 14h and it's 18:30 in Portugal (my country) and it is still in my skin.
Although it was released as a Autumm/Winter fragrance, I think this one is more of a warm weather perfume like for spring or summer.Anyway, it will be a fine addiction to you cosmetic products.

Overal: 9/10

P.S. The first time I sprayed it, I recognised the scent from another perfume but I can't put my finger on it. Hope that somebody knows.

junior halston
junior halston

Who is that guy in the ad....? It's Nick Hutton...Wow talk about photoshop him to look good.

ASUHAN
ASUHAN

Por fin " algo diferente ".

Cansado de tantas versiones summer, night, Freeze, Cool,hot ...

Me alegra saber que una casa española se atreva con algo nuevo, o por lo menos, menos explotado.

La base ISO E SUPER promete hacerla casi individual, única en cada piel; no veo el momento de poder usarla.

El frasco es precioso, sólo eso puede servirte como excusa para tenerla.

Luna Rossa by Prada 3.83 out of 5 based on 775 ratings and 194 user reviews

Prada Luna Rossa Cologne by Prada, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Prada Luna Rossa Cologne by Prada, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Prada Luna Rossa 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Prada Luna Rossa 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
PRADA LUNA ROSSA for MEN by Prada SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ SHOWER GEL 3.4 OZ TOILETRY BAG
Gift Set 3.4oz
Prada Luna Rossa Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Prada Luna Rossa Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz
Prada Luna Rossa Eau De Toilette Spray 150ml 5oz
Prada Luna Rossa Eau De Toilette Spray 34th America's Cup Limited Edition 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prada Luna Rossa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prada Luna Rossa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Luna Rossa by Prada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Luna Rossa by Prada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.