Designers » N-Q » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Luna Rossa Extreme Prada for men

Luna Rossa Extreme Prada for men
dislike

Luna Rossa Extreme Prada for men Pictures Luna Rossa Extreme Prada for men Pictures

Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Luna Rossa Extreme was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier. The fragrance features bergamot, black pepper, labdanum, juniper berries, lavender, amber and vanilla.

Bergamot Black Pepper Labdanum Juniper Berries Lavender Amber Vanilla

Dunhill
Tobacco Vanille

Luna Rossa Extreme Fragrance Reviews

Anosmic
Anosmic

I received a sample of this last week and absolutely love it. To me it has that Prada amber vibe plus the same vanilla vibe from vintage La Male (owned a bottle way back). I like it more than the two Prada daily wear colognes I've tried (Prada Amber Pour Homme and Luna Rossa) and more than Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense (although I want to test that one out more after I get a full sample). Luna Rossa Extreme really is a great scent and it lasts a good eight hours or more on me. I will pick up a bottle of this tomorrow.
EDIT: picked up a bottle. Also got a sample of amber pour homme intense. After wearing the sample, I now like intense better. However, if intense is a 9.5 Luna Rossa Extreme is a 8.5. Both are purchase worthy. I just ordered a bottle of intense and now own both.

menelaosl
menelaosl

Pepper Le Male!!!

Melsisy
Melsisy

Looooove it...!!!!
I bought it today, and I'm 110% confident with it....

Mjs89
Mjs89

I agree with one of the negative reviews earlier that it does smell quite like burnt ashes...I picture a bonfire actually. I enjoy it though. I've only smelled it on paper so far but what I could smell was a bonfire around a campsite with a little freshness and sweetness.

chillzz1230
chillzz1230

I just bought it last week and I must say I have had plenty of compliments so far. To me that's what counts.

cornekopia
cornekopia

The nice thing about this flanker is that it's a real alternative. There's still that overwhelmingly florid Luna Rossa top note, but it's muted, exchanged for some peppery friskiness. And the vanilla and amber are there deeply to smoothe everything out. I find it a fun variant, living up to the chic black bottle, good for a few nights out. It doesn't have the depth of the original, or the longevity, but the last thing you'd want is an exact clone of that unique scent.

jf72
jf72

Horrendous, how can this have such high ratings? its just burnt smokey ash. and not in a good 'Aventus' way. it just smells of smoke with a hint of then Le Male drydown. scrubber.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

I'll be brief and objective.
Prada Luna Rossa Extreme is the traditional with a hint of amber, which enhanced the previous version that was simple, at least this is intriguing and oriental. Very nice!

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

LUNA ROSSA EXTREME is thoroughly modern.adding spice and sweeter accents to the original.a scent which will be sensual but not too overpowering and heavy.it is not a cloying cloud that will linger in a room after you leave because the subtlety makes it interesting,the well balanced notes makes it beautiful and the seductive scent evoke a feeling of a night out however i was expecting something more classy and deeper.sensual,Modern, Warm,Vibrant, Charming and Masculine.

The bergamot and pepper accord embraces languid vanilla and earthy scents of lavender and labdanum before giving way to intermingling amber and juniper berries that makes a modern scent who embodies a touch of seduction and masculinity.LUNA ROSSA EXTREME wears like a tailored suit with a crisp collar shirt,one button undone and no tie.it is a good idea for a first date or everyday wear but if your girlfriend likes sexier perfume,this is not going to be for her.this is suitable for Autumn weather.

Sillage?Acceptable.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

6.75/10

Chromakey Dreamcoat
Chromakey Dreamcoat

So much better than the original which, to my nose, becomes a cloyingly clean and synthetic lavender overdose. This is warmer, spicier, deeper and all in all much more enjoyable. Lovely cold evening scent. Joins Comme des Garcons 2Man and DHI as my Autumn/Winter fragrance of choice. And for the record, I don't like any other Prada fragrances so if you're put off by the soapy DNA in the others, in my view this is different enough to merit checking out.

bazil14

Worn this for the 3rd time since buying and have been comlimented on all 3 occations this stands out over everything else tgis is going to be my new signature scent

Gazo30
Gazo30

I just got this, i asked for it for xmas but got the original instead lol so went out and bought it myself!!

It really is a great scent, has everything you could ask for, great longevity, super silage, smells great!! nothing like the original in my eyes, this is way better!!

Longevity: 12+hrs!!

Silage: 4-6ft!!

Value for money: good as its a EDP :)

Overall: 9/10!!!

lovescully
lovescully

This is a lavender & spice bomb!

Despite its popularity I never really liked the original Luna Rossa. I found it to be a bit watery and insubstantial and certainly not worth the retail price for a full bottle.

With this extreme version there is nothing insubstantial about it. The opening is a bit nose stinging with citrus, very strong pepper and lavender all making an appearance. It quite quickly calms down to a nice spicy and warm lavender scent.

There's not a lot of progression between the notes and apart from the appearance of some vanilla about 30 minutes in it pretty much smells the same for the life of the fragrance; which on my skin was about 7 hours maximum.

Marciu
Marciu

To me juniper berries are quite prominent here, along with amber they are two major players to my nose.

Actually I wonder if it has anything in common with Luna Rossa, which has that famous Prada's soapiness. Here I don't feel any soapiness at all. Bottega Veneta PH is very similar to Luna Rossa Extreme instead.

I like the amber-lavender-vanilla combo in it.

Longevity is good, I get 8+ hours, sillage is good.

A solid one, I'd say.

Migalex
Migalex

Can they not create something different? Another sweet spicy oriental like thousands of other ones. And there is nothing extreme about it. Very conformational and mediocre. I imagine they are selling a name. Good luck.

Verses
Verses

Amazingly fresh, I tend to love Vanilla and Amber, and I feel this pulls it off magnificently.

lbullard
lbullard

Liked the original market this in the candy isle and rotate your stock each week. No lasting power sillage, Hey Andrier, you are better than this. Hey just my subjective opinion. Please develop something I can feel good about buying. L Bullard

Ivano
Ivano

Change Fahrenheit Absolute's sweetness for Prada's signature soapy vibe and you got Luna Rossa Extreme. Not my style but I appreciate the quality of the juice itself.

djyodream
djyodream

Firstly, this does not smell anything like the original, nor is this soapy/powdery like the rest of the men's line from Prada. The initial smell reminds me of Egg Nog, specifically French Vanilla flavored Egg Nog, quite spicy. It is sweet and creamy and the lavender note is quite prominent. After it dries down, the black pepper takes a more central stage mixed with the vanilla. I'm not too fond of this smoky stage because it reminds me of a lighter version of Bvlgari's Black rubbery smokey smell, something I can't tolerate. In a few hours, the smell is much more mellow and subtle and becomes a soft vanilla and amber mix; nothing revolutionary nor distasteful.

Overall, this is something different from Prada's male line of scents but I do not feel this warrants the high Prada price tag, nor is the smell something to write home about. I would pass on this one unless you are a collector or really want to smell like Christmas.

Smell: 5/10
Projection: 7/10

dolcethadon

I use to own the original Luna Rossa but I gave it away in a swap.. I did like it a lot, it is a very nice spring/summer fragrance.. When I heard of this Extreme version I was curious about it.. I happened to stumble upon this at Macy's recently, so I sprayed it on the tester card and I was pleasantly surprised.. It is a really nice fragrance! Luna Rossa Extreme happens to be right up my alley.. Far more interesting than the original, and a lot different.. It still has that fresh clean soapy/powdery vibe from the original Luna Rossa but Extreme is much darker and more spicy.. The pepper, juniper, labdanum, and amber give this fragrance a nice exotic smell, while the lavender keeps the Luna Rossa dna alive.. It manages to smell fresh and clean but dark and spicy at the same time.. In a way I find it similar to Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense.. This did to Luna Rossa what Amber Intense did to Amber, if that makes sense.. Great fragrance, hope to try it out more..

gd15329
gd15329

I got this today (the seller prompt it to me as an alternative choice when she feared I'll leave empty handed)
Well I have to say

- I bought it... (I am not happy with it, I'll explain down below)
- On the first spray I LOVED it! On blotter and on my skin as well! My reaction was "just my taste" out loud (my wife loved it as well)
- As for the smell I have to say I didn't like the original version very much (not my type) but I love the extreme version
and... I also thought "Extreme = Intense = eau de parfum, so this is it! I got it!" and so I did...

BUT!!!

Before even I got home I couldn't smell it!
So I kept my self together and thought "maybe it's because you have other tester sprays on you, don't freak out yet".
So I rapidly open my brand new box (big mistake) and spray 3 times on me...
nothing... zero I couldn't smell it!
So I spray one more on a napkin just to make sure...

Result: Projection zero!
It's an excellent, excellent lovely masculine scent semi sweet semi fresh semi spicy - wonderful combination, but it's a very close to skin scent somebody have to hug you or/and kiss you, to be able to smell it. Now... if that's exactly your point (you don't like loud noisy scents) go grab it you will love it! But if you have expectations from an eau de parfum as it is, save your money for something really stronger

deja vu-gr

Markino you are absolutely right,i am with you.
Not well crafted and a bit oldish i think.

markino
markino

It s been given to me for my birthday. And as much as i love the person who bought it for me , it s not the case for this fragrance. Super syntetic and and commonly cheap. Sorry Prada but you are trying to bring out too many fragrances so close to each other and that what happen when there s not soul for real natural ingredient in it!!!

deja vu-gr

Personally i did not like it.
I have smelled better intense or extreme perfumes.
I prefer the original version of this one but i have to admit that original is only for spring and summer but intense is more versatile indeed.
I am an admirer of Prada's perfumes and products in general but i will pass this one,simply not for me,sorry.

bazil14

have a 50ml bottle of this opened but only used once if anyone wants to trade uk only

texaspete
texaspete

This stuff is good. It's a winter perfume but light'ish and a relatively easy wear. Versatile enough for most situations. It's not cloying. Shares the original luna fossa dna.
Prada one of my favourite houses.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Luna rossa extreme is a very good scent by itself, but, since it's an "Extreme" version of the previously released Luna Rossa, I can't but to compare both fragrances.

Maybe, If Luna rossa did not exist, I would have loved this scent, but since it does, I only like "Luna rossa extreme".

This is a very good scent. A dark, spicy and clean version of the original that works better in the cold seasons. However, it still has that highly concentrated lavender note and that "Luna Rossa" feel!

The main problem is that's not extreme in any way... It's a winter fragrance... But not Extreme! In my mind, "extreme" perfumes are loud, heavy and not necessarily spicy or ambery! You can make an extreme summer fragrance with a water note and concentrated citruss notes with some heavy woods to balance things off! That's why I think that the original Luna Rossa is "Extremer" than this extreme version and I like it better!

candy-datura
candy-datura

Not a bad thing, but I already have "Rochas Man" by Rochas, and they are close enough.

matty64
matty64

Please people, let's not judge a perfume because it's a flanker. Let us review it based on its contents.

jovel.roystan
jovel.roystan

As far as flankers go, I think they created a great deviation from the original without losing the essence of the scent. Classic Luna Rossa is a special fragrance in my opinion, but the mint note always irritated my sinuses throughout the day. Extreme smells nicer all around in my opinion and doesn't have that irritation.

I've gotten a great response from it and it's quickly become one of my favorites. I love it!

Gault
Gault

No, not really soapy, but it has some similarity with Prada Amber PH.
Its a little bit sour and very woody with a barely noticable sweetness, but juniper just domintes the first half of the fragrance, and becomes EXTREMELY medicinal, like some salve for muscle strain.
I get some clove too, or maybe allspice, and it smells like mulled wine. Definitely a cold weather fragrance.
It is interesting among the recent fragrances (and a little bit oldschool) but I dont think its that good scent and its cost 20% more than an average Prada and nothing justifies this price I can think of, not even the EDP concentration. I would choose any other Pradas over this without thinking.

scenturian
scenturian

It is not listed here in the pyramid but this is definetely clove-bomb.
Btw the first non-soapy for men from Prada :)
Nothing similar with the original.
Will update again.

Molko
Molko

Amazing smell, not just simple soapy/powder and clean, so much more, tricky, sexy, seductive, spicy, sweet delicacy. In the first minutes smells something weird (juniper berries?), bitter and rotten, but after 5 minutes slips it away and transforms to sweet amber and lavender powder.
It's going to be my new favorite. On my skin is very fresh and strong, but very quickly comes the dry down. Little more masculine than the other Prada's fragrance, but I think this also could be unisex. Suits for every occasions and seasons. It's a pity that too expensive:/
update: I already have this yummy scent, I always want to smell it, very attractive, can't resist to LR extreme. The sillage is not too power, edp in vain, but it's a skin scent unfortunately, wish that was more strong. On clothes is so much stronger and lasts longer time. The smell is one of the best that I ever tried, fresh barber-lavender and sweet amber, perfect to my nose.

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

First impression: coke aroma with the soft touch of wood, wet, sour, sweet, gourmand but little harsh in the end, I think because of labdanum and juniper. Do I like it? Yes, definitely! Do I want smell like this? Not necessarily.
The best feature is that this fragrance will suit all seasons, just like the legendary drink, but depending on temperature it's probably going to make different impression.
On my skin it's spicy-fresh, slightly sweet, quite long lasting and projects well. However I dare to say it's quite vulgar and I must admit that it's predecessor Luna Rossa is much more unique.

antonpan
antonpan

I wonder very much why nobody before me noticed a striking resemblance of this to Dior Fahrenheit Absolute. Luna Rossa Extreme is a lighter, less saturated and less woody clone of the Dior with a common dilluted dry down. However, the combination of incense and vanilla is here.

When I tried Luna Rossa Extreme (LRE) I was... let's say a bit surprised. I like Prada's fragrances, let's be clear on that. :D

When I tried LRE on my skin, I got an intense lavander top note and some pepper and juniper, I think. Middle notes were a signature soapy prada smell and leather.

For me, LRE is BVLGARI BLACK (BB) made by Prada.

BB is 'clean', elegant and very unisex, with some jasmine and a strong vanilla base, but LRE is soapy and more 'industrial' and masculine.

The smell I got from LRE was more leateher than amber, but I may be confused, since I am a beginner, but that's just how it worked on me:D

I think both fragrances are like a variation on a theme, but if you smell them you can easily guess which is which. That's why I like them. So simmilar but yet so distinctive :D Great frangrances :D

LookOut
LookOut

Luna Rossa is my signature, so I was very much looking forward to this one. But it doesn't have the "magic" the original had for me. I'm not talking longevity or sillage, just the scent itself.

Extreme starts off with peppery lavender. The lavender is also the only note that it shares with the original Luna Rossa. Anyways, off the bat it reminded me a lot of L'Occitan by L'Occitane En Provence, which is also peppery lavender. But as it dries down, the Luna Rossa vibe comes through, as well as some sweetness from the juniper berries (and vanilla, but I can't isolate that note). It becomes this amber-y sweet-spicy lavender in the end.

When people said that Luna Rossa was "nothing special", I never understood that because it worked so well with my skin. With the Extreme however, I completely understand! It just doesn't do anything for me. Truth be told, I did find the combination of lavender with both pepper and sweet notes pretty weird while reading about this scent before I tried it. I guess I'll have to stick with one or the other instead of mixing them.

Also, despite it being called Extreme, it doesn't seem to have a bigger longevity or sillage on me...

Overall, it's a nice scent, but I'm not putting it on my buy list.

Ender
Ender

Una sorpresa muy agradable, es frescura unida a intensidad, tiene notas de vainilla y de canela muy orientales, unidas a la frescura del perfume original, nunca sera mi perfume favorito, pero es una agradable sorpresa...

tuky
tuky

SPICYYYYY!!! kinda oldish with a lot of papper, labdanum and amber to me,but not sopy at all, just an allure of sope at the first begining. Good but not enaugh

flames2
flames2

alot more sweeter than prada luna which is fresher,great fragrance only wish it had lived up to the title off extreme and had a bit more strenth and punch but still its a great scent

lalelu
lalelu

That strange note is labdanum, the main note in this fragrance. Its sorrounded by a soft vanilla which makes it more tolerable. Decent one by prada ( way better then the original ) with good projection and lasting power.

I had eagerly anticipated this fragrance coming out as I loved heavy lavender and salty sea breeze of Luna Rossa and despite knowing this was pretty much going to be the polar opposite I still couldn't wait to try it.
It was worth the wait...I'm not at all disappointed its actually quite similar to other fragrances I'm liking at the moment.
The amber and vanilla accord create a lovely smoothing warmth on the dry down, not dissimilar to loads of fragrances with these ingredients.
Initially though Luna Rossa Extreme has some subtle top notes which I can't identify but to my nose make it seem a little bitter but that subsides quickly and makes way for a lovely heart.
Hats off to Daniela (Roche) Andrier she is often accused of being a one trick pony and using the same soapy base for all of her (and Pradas) fragrances. I think that's a little unfair though as its more of a signature for her and Prada to identify the brand...but this one can't be accused of that although it has a definite freshness.

It's not unique by any means but it's very nice and the bottle is just as awesome in black. I bought it with 10% off and a free Prada gym kit bag (not a just a washbag a full on bag) which is actually excellent and really useful.

Quick update: had this on for about 8 hours now and the dry down has been sweet vanilla and has reminded me lots of things like Givenchy Pi and Play Intense but still with its own unique amber signature...it's wonderful really glad I got it.
Oh and one more thing...it's peppery in fact its the PEPPER MILL to the originals SALT SHAKER...if you can dig that?
Great stuff

Bruno2theV
Bruno2theV

Prada Luna Rossa Extreme for me, is almost the complete opposite of the original one.
The original opens with a burst of fresh notes, become really cold to the skin.
This one appears to open with a harsh vanilla note, present in other perfumes like 212 Sexy Men and Gualtier^2 from JPG. To me it smelled really like those two fragrances.

I thinks that this one is most wearable for the fall season. While I liked the opening, my nose didn't accept the drydown. I can really note the vanilla and amber in there, but strangely, I couldn't like the drydown.

The bottle almost made me buy it compulsivly, it is really nice in black, but of course I had to try it. I don't think I would buy, I would only wear this if I received it as a surprise gift (wouldn't throw it away if someone gave it to me).

I would give Prada's Luna Rossa Extreme a 6/10 in scent and a 8/10 in bottle design. Has I said, wearable for the fall, daytime or nighttime.

schmacko
schmacko

Well, I don't know as much as everyone here. I just love the original Prada Luna Rossa because it's clean and soapy with that slightly odd sagey smell to it. I wish it lasted longer, and/or I wish it was useable for nighttime wear. I'm really looking forward to this new version, hoping it does one or the other. I've already been told I'll have to search it out, because it may not be in the store I normally purchase from. Thanks for the education, though! ~Still learning.

kevdg18
kevdg18

The notes are very similar to the notes of Ferragamo black. A copy perhaps? We shall see.

pjd1234
pjd1234

This is definitely interesting as the original luna rosa is by no means a bad scent it has no wow factor in my opinion I hope this flanker will be a lot better than the original as I love pradas scent for me luna rosa was a generic release and the weakest of the mens releases in the line have high hopes for this one also whats up with the votes have they release this already? Fill us in if it has been release.

THEREALJWIL
THEREALJWIL

All this talk about flankers and NOTHING on the scent itself....yet we see the dislikes and likes and how long this fragrance lasts? Seriously whomever is doing the likes and longevity are a bunch of numb skulls if you haven't actually tried the scent....SMH

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

I see a lot of complaints about "flankers". To some degree, I agree with that. Some designers Thierry Mugler , go WAY, WAY overboard with the flankers.

But some flankers shouldn't really be called flankers because although they share the same name, the actual juice smells nothing like the scent who's name it shares. This looks like it could be one of those scents. I would never defend their "limited edition", which is nothing more than a new bottle but if you look at the notes on this one, the only one it has in common with the original is the lavender note. That means it could smell entirely different than the original and as a Prada fan, I can wait to try it.

However, I will say that I think some designers do themselves a huge disservice to their products by calling some flankers that really should have been their own line. By doing that they lessen the hype of their product. This looks to be possibly an entirely new scent and it's sad to see it not get the hype that it would have gotten if they just gave it a new name and put it in a new bottle. I guess my whole point is some "flankers" deserve to be their own line...and this looks like one of those.

I apologize for my rant and will replace it with an actual review once I actually smell it. But it's something I've felt for a long time.

apascual
apascual

I think the main purpose of this site is to write about the experience after smelling perfumes.

Companies and most of the people we log here just dont care if somenone hates flankers or mainstream frags, besides companies just dont care about it, they will continue making those frags and their flankers, baecause they make more money out of them, PERIOD.

If you dont like flankers, just dont buy them, go on and check niche or something else, we just dont care about it.

dozza14

Surely the whole reason for perfume/cologne is to 'sniff it'. Its creation is due to the sense of smell. Lets face it, we do not walk around town with our pretty or ugly bottles hanging around our necks.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

The right to dislike without even smell the scent? What about NEUTRAL? NO COMMENTS? CAN'T SAY? Are there professional people working here for any company? Fragrantica is very visual appealing to me, but I think I would be better off somewhere else. The things one reads here .......... I know I won't get any ballon ;(

dozza14

There are many reasons for Flankers, let me point a few out,

1. 40% of people stick to their fav scent, therefore by having a flanker of it makes people buy both.

2. Flankers are quite cheap to bring into existence compared to a completely new bottle/scent etc.

3. Many people love a particular scent but complain that it is not strong enough or long lasting, therefore we see extreme, intense or parfum versions.

4. Some people love collecting the bottles, for example Le Male, CK One and Tommy have done summer flankers for approx. 15 years and with much success. Therefore they keep bringing them out.

5 If they did not work or sell, companies would stop doing them. They do work, people love variants and they sell so you will see many more!

6 It is part of branding and the flanker is an extension of the brand. The cost of advertising means even if people do not like the original, they will know the brand and maybe then buy the flanker ( an example for me is I was not a massive fan of L'homme by Yves Saint Laurent, but adore Libre).

7. Flankers are often a little cheaper to buy (in general) and a great way to expand customer capture.

8. Flankers are a great way to reinvigorate a fragrance which perhaps has run its course and needs a boost. Selling the flanker than may lead to increased sales of the original.

9. Flankers allow companies to react quick to what other perfume houses are doing and compete, for example last year saw a host of athlete, sport and olympic flankers. This year has seen a release of many 'Red' versions.

10. Flankers can still be creative and innovative.

I am sure I can think of many more reasons why companies release flankers. P.S I am available to develop new flankers for brands ;)

It is a shame people have commented on this fragrance with a dislike when they have not tried it, especially as at least one of them even owns the original. It also looks like the commentors below even own flankers.

I look forward to try this Luna Extreme
All hail to Flankers!!

dolcethadon

I am really getting sick of the "Intense" and "Extreme" flankers! Im pretty much sick of all flankers in general! I think im going to stop buying designer and start buying niche! No originality anymore!

Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada 4.04 out of 5 based on 151 ratings and 53 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prada Luna Rossa Extreme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prada Luna Rossa Extreme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Luna Rossa Extreme by Prada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.