Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Prada (Amber) Prada for women

Prada (Amber) Prada for women Pictures Prada (Amber) Prada for women Pictures Prada (Amber) Prada for women Pictures Prada (Amber) Prada for women Pictures Prada (Amber) Prada for women Pictures Prada (Amber) Prada for women Pictures Prada (Amber) Prada for women Pictures Prada (Amber) Prada for women Pictures

In 2004 Prada launched its first fragrance for broader audience - Prada Eau de Parfum. Before that, starting with 2000 the company launched several fragrances as exclusive series available exclusively in Prada boutiques (four fragrances in 2000 and three in 2007).

Prada by Prada is oriental fragrance based on amber the intense accord of which imbues the entire composition. Very modern variant of the classic fragrance.
In the composition amber is surrounded by four main essences (essential oils): Indian sandalwood, Indonesian patchouli, French labdanum resin, and Siam benzoin.
With obvious dominancy of amber, the top notes are decorated with citruses, soft flowers are appearing in the heart, while dry earthy patchouli scent united with vanilla dominates the base.

Top notes: bergamot, bitter orange, mandarin, mimosa absolute
Middle notes: rose absolute, patchouli absolute
Base notes: labdanum, Tonka beans, vanilla, sandalwood, benzoin
The fragrance was created by Carlos Benaim, Max and Clement Gavarry of IFF.

Prada Intense was created in 2005 and is absolutely identical by its composition, but is more intense by its concentration, although both Prada and Prada Intense are of Eau de Parfum concentrations. However, the scent sounds a bit different. Prada intense is slightly warmer and sweeter with increased concentration of patchouli.

Prada (Amber) was created by Carlos Benaim, Max Gavarry and Clement Gavarry.

Green Notes Tarragon Fruity Notes Bergamot

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel

Prada (Amber) Fragrance Reviews

antihero
antihero

Prada's Amber is quite strong in concentration--I love that.This has not been watered down and let's hope it stays that way.
This is a dense, sensual amber, that is bold and feminine. I made the decision to buy this within a half an hour.
I notice sandalwood, honey, vanilla and and bit of ylang. The patchouli complements instead of overwhelming the amber.
A gorgeous, sultry amber with just bit of sweetness.

Astounding longevity. Great sillage.

Excellent.

Orjen
Orjen

Here's to hoping that this is, in fact, the fragrance I'm referring to, as mine is a miniature with only "Prada" enscribed on the bottle. However, I have searched the internet long and wide and I am pretty sure this is the only one corresponding to what I have.

I love it! The word I would say describes it best is "buttery". Whenever I put it on, I am reminded of a rich slab of melting butter. It is also a velvety vanilla kind of fragrance. This is so alluring, so compelling that its texture is almost palpable. Definitely a multi-dimensional perfume, not for very young women but for those looking for a challenge.

One of the few perfumes that gets people to ask me what I'm wearing when I do. I'm sure some of them don't find it appealling, but they are intrigued.

patxaran
patxaran

This has become my go to scent for situations where I need a confidence boost (but without being too sexy or outrageous). One of the patchouli scents that I love as it's really well balanced and has none of the omnipresent fruit-chouli thing going on. I agree with countless other reviewers that Fancy Nights is very similar (and more affordable) but there is a richness in this that reminds me why it was once the heir apparent to become my signature, it must be the benzoin that does it to me. When I first bought Prada Amber I had just a few perfumes and it didn't occur to me that there was such thing as "summer" and "winter" fumes so I wore this frequently in warmer weather too which may have put me (and others around me) off a little. It is better suited to autumn and winter for sure.

green_green_eyes
green_green_eyes

This is my olfactory definition of femininity.

Seductive dusty vanilla accompanied by spicy, oriental labdanum. It seriously changes your mood, makes you feel confident and flirty, even if you wear jeans and white t-shirt ;)

Absolute LOVE in a bottle!

Edit: My friend thinks it smells like an old cook book that someone accidentally splashed with vanilla extract and left in the sun to dry. Hmmmm.

Adina Galani
Adina Galani

So strange, at first sniff I thought Huh? Coco Mademoiselle? Chance? It was the patchouli I guess. Somehow in 2014, this is a little bit like too many things out there.

Germany

Auroramaria nailed this scent ! I use to wear it all the time. It's amazing really! Its coromandel les exclusives by Chanel in Prada version. I absolutely adore this scent and will always have a bottle. Its elegance and sensuality in a bottle. Yes it comes off strong but the dry down is creamy and sensual and a wonderful skin scent after a few hours that will give you lots of attention and compliments. I know some women that will only wear this !
Patchouli , Amber and vanilla dominates the dry down , In a earthy natural warm creamy way. Its a winner ! It's very classy and ladylike. You have to like earthy dry patchouli in order to appreciate it.
The musk makes it creamy but it never gets really sweet.

llburris
llburris

My skin totally eats this fragrance alive. I like how it smells, but in about 2 minutes it's down to pressing my nose against my wrist to get a whiff.........a very light whiff. I'll try it again in the winter and see if I get any better results.

connie.o'strand
connie.o'strand

I sprayed this on in the store and hung out with it for awhile, I must say that this is ALL amber on me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE amber :)
I like it and would love this in fall/winter best I think?
I just wish my pocketbook liked it :(

jotaclow
jotaclow

I've tried a fell times this fragance at Sephora in Brazil, before I actually buy it. It stars with a hint of dried fruits, which is very quickly. Than falls down with a great combo of honey and Patchouli that resembles A-Men drydown (but less milky). It's is one of my favorite night fragances and several people on nightclubs asked what I was wearing.

It blends very well on male skin, and also suit for mature and confident woman, IMO. Great Longevity with moderate sillage.

Smell 9/50
Longevity 9/50
Sillage 8/50
Versatility 7/50
Bottle and Presentation 8/50

Final score: 41/50

auroramaria
auroramaria

Prada Amber is a very sensual scent,but you must be patient with it as the first notes are a bit harsh.
Then you are rewarded with one of the most beautiful
amber,not too floral but lots of wonderful patchouly.
Vanilla adds sweetness to the composition.
Perfect for colder months,leaving a gorgeous creamy trail.
Very good longevity

paperbackhead
paperbackhead

I was lucky enough to find a small bottle of this stuff for 30 bucks on eBay. And I LOVE it, anything with patchouli gets on my top 5. On the dry down I smell pure patchouli oil, honey, and a touch of vanilla. I can't imagine how great it will smell in the winter, or fall- a really dark, and sexy parfum for any sassy lady!

twoteacakes
twoteacakes

Stunning perfumery magic! It is quite affronting at first spray, green and woody...but just wait a little, be patient and the magic unfolds. And it does unfold, like a secret love note. It becomes deep, resinous, gooey, balsamic goodness. At least it does for me, but I can understand why others may not like it. The art of perfume is only part scent, part olfaction. The rest is emotion, how it makes you feel. This makes me feel confident, safe, true to myself, knowledgeable, expensive, sensuous. An absolute joy to own and wear.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

Its so funny how we all have such different tastes!
I noticed this is one people either love or hate...since Im wearing this one today I love it. I am not extremely into oriental/incense scents but I think this one isn't as overwhelming as say, Opium.
Its summer but I ended up putting this one on.

ansu
ansu

Definitely not a mainstream stuff.
It opens with sharp, green notes and then happens the magic. Everything lightens.
I'm in a dark, prolific forest, and the rain just pours in my face but I can already see the sunlight between the leafage of the trees. That is, what Amber means to me on cold november days. It brings light into the grey, dusty everydays. It warms me up like a cozy sweater. Amber, patchouli, benzoin, vanilla...? Seeing the basenotes everybody would say it only can be a soul warming scent..and so it is! Elegant, non-offensive smell which draws a bright aura around you. Hmmmm...beautiful.

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

For the two reviews below... The first time I tried this fragrance, I was repulsed by the incredibly chemical top note that slaps you in the face and digs a fork in your brain... and thought I'd made a huge mistake. But I've never been one to sniff the cap and plough through top notes, I prefer to look a little deeper for the reward.

2 hours later I was obsessively smelling my arm at how beautifully complex and full this fragrance becomes. Just like Mitsouko, or Narciso Rodriguez INTENSE, let the top notes dry down and it will last all day as it is meant to, revealing their stories from beginning to end, not just the preface. This is what perfumerie was meant to be, not just linear creations existing from 9 to 5, but a scent to express your character. It was created to reflect the essence of complexity in traditional perfumerie. PRADA AMBER needs patience and conviction in the wearer. I only ever recommend this to someone who understands it is a definitive choice.
In this case?
Opulent, adult, sexy and full of wisdom.

*Edit*
I realise that sounds like it could be misconstrued as an insult, but it isn't. I just know that I was guilty of impatience when I started my journey in fragrance.

atv315
atv315

It is rare that I am as repelled by a fragrance as I am by this. I'm sorry for those who like it, absolutely no desire to offend, but to me, it is just awful. It is like an olfactory massacre for my nose. It feels aggressively PUNGENT to me, and like several other reviewers have said: PATCHOULI, PATCHOULI, PATCHOULI. My ex-boyfriend bought it for me as a present and I never wore it; I ended up giving it to my mom who I'm pretty sure never wears it either, she only occasionally uses the lotion that came with it.

bonnie52
bonnie52

My husband bought this for me for christmas and I love it! Another hippie, patchouli scent that I love so much! I just wish it wasn't so pricey. Once it is gone, I won't pay that much…maybe he will buy more for me!

sacha-grey
sacha-grey

this is a mature and pretty scent but unfortunately no one around me likes this scent.

BlackAmberMoon

Smells like an updated Obsession with a modern patchouli that dominates the perfume. I'm drawn to it, but something about it is cold and unfriendly. It's not one I reach for often.

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

I used to love this one, think I ended up 2 bottles. But I got tired, I kept a few drops on the last bottle to smell from time to time, cause I still like it but not on me. I love the patchouli, on the dry down of Prade I started to smell olives. I replace this one with Black Orchid. Who knows, you can allways go back to first love!

Mirabele
Mirabele

I believe this is a wonderful scent. I wish I would smell all the good things here, amber, sandal wood, and oakmoss.

Unfortunately, to my nose, this smells like this: Top notes: patchouli, patchouli, patchouli. Heart notes: patchouli, patchouli, patchouli. Base notes: patchouli, patchouli, patchouli. This is exactly what happened with me with Fancy Nights too. Herbal, dry patchouli and sadly, nothing else.

I am swapping it away so somebody else can love and appreciate it in the way it deserves.

TheCountess
TheCountess

On my skin, there's heat behind this fragrance. It's so seductive! When I first spray it I do not notice any citrus. None whatsoever. I do notice the green notes. Some time after, I start noticing the dusty rose and then it's all about hot amber and honey. To me, this fragrance is all about woods, amber and warm honey. Liquid fire!

If you get easily suffocated, don't wear it on a hot day. If you're like me and do not care, be happy and wear this. You will turn heads around.

Sillage 8/10
Bottle: A little weird to spray, but it's very chic.

janella13
janella13

I so love this scent! Recieved a sample and was hesitant to wear it as it stronger than I normally wear. HUSBAND LOVES IT.

I layer it with Balenciaga Paris L'Eau Rose for work.

Just heavenly.

Eos
Eos

Prada Prada is one of my former signature scents and one of my great loves in perfumery. While many others seem to hate it, I actually love the bizarre, overripe fruit and green note opening. On my skin, this never gets particularly powdery, but it does smell intensely resinous of both labdanum and patchouli and finishes in a comfortably dense woody-cinnamon (from carnation)-patchouli. To my nose, its one of the sexiest perfumes on the market and it features a relaxed boho-chic vibe that is easy to dress up or dress down. An all around winner.

88keys
88keys

this serves as my winter gourmand scent to go...warm.sweet,delicious...like a dessert...i guess its the honey and vanilla that is speaking to me

ingridp
ingridp

I thought I wouldn't be able to wear this kind of perfume for a long time. By that I mean a real perfume - strong, complex and long-lasting. Though I really like some of them I usually find them overpowering, not just like they are wearing me but as if they are about to eat me for breakfast!
But this one really blew my mind! I like it to the point where I'm ready to take the risk of being beaten or eaten :) Fortunately, Prada isn't so cruel to me, it blends with my skin magically and makes me feel comfortable, casual and luxurious at the same time. I just can't get enough.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Intense amber fragrance supported by: patchouli, carnation and jasmine.
I find it to be quite linear, all about amber as its name says. Yes there are earthy and woody undertones paired up with strong carnation (which smells like floral/incense combination) and jasmine notes for additional balmy effect. However amber is #1 here.
It is a good quality scent; it holds its power to the end, excellent longevity.

londonhermit
londonhermit

Prada woman has a very soapy smell on me. I'm surprised because the notes listed pack a serious punch that any perfume snob would love. However it's not as strong and cloying on my skin as a matter of fact when I put the frangrance on my pulse points, I had to lift my arm to smell the perfume. When I placed it on my hoodie sleeves it was pure soapy sweet but not in a Britney Spears Fantasy sweet but a mature fun sweet. I had been curious to try this fragrance for a few years now I'm glad I did.

zucchera
zucchera

This is one of my favorite perfumes, I love balsamic, powdery, amber and woody fragrances.

On my skin this smells so classy and luxurious. Its delicate yet strong and powerful. From the first spray I can feel the warm powdery amber scent melting down with my skin. The patchouli lies there in the background and makes the frag complete.

Wearing this I feel feminine, sensual and confident, this could become my signature scent.

I don´t think there is so much more to say about this one except that it is a wonderful fragrance.

The longevity is phenomenal, I can almost feel it for 24 h on me. The sillage is pretty good but I love how it becomes a close to skin perfume.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

This is my mother's favourite Prada perfume. It was in searching for this that I discovered one of my own favourites, Infusion d'Iris. At first I got a very strongly woody, resinous scent with not much sweetness to it, and then some cinnamony spices coming through. I get patchouli only in the drydown and since I hate that smell, that's when the perfume smells terrible to me.

It really isn't my cup of tea at all but my mother really loves those spicy scents. She used to wear Aromatics Elixir by Clinique when I was a kid.

katushka37
katushka37

Prada Prada is probably one of my favourite amber scents. Amber can be very tricky to pull off, most of them I find are too heavy and sticky but this one is rather balsamic and earthy.
It is wearable in both winter and summer. I find amber comes out more in winter and during warmer months patchouli get more pronounced.
It has moderate silliage so I tend to wear it more for special occasions rather then day-to-day. It makes me feel instantly dressed up. I prefer to wear it with slightly more edgy looks rather than pretty dresses because I feel like it is on the modern side.

SayakaP
SayakaP

I live in Wet Tropics and this summer feels extra hot & humid.
For the people in mild, cool climate this would be a winter frag, but here, it's perfect for summer. Fresh floral fruity stuff doesn't work here!

I've got a fetish for Patchouli. So I have a collections of Patchouli frags.
Prada Amber is the closest thing to Patchouli essential oil. This one has ALL I love; Dirty Patchouli, Amber, Vanilla & Sandalwood.

Unlike Angel or Coco Mademoiselle ((similar combination of notes) Prada Amber stays closely to the skin although its staying power is great. This is, a darker & quieter frag.

Sometimes I layer this with Jo Malone's Orange Blossom.
Cos this one is very base-note-y, is lovely for layering.

I love this one!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Prada Amber starts quite sweet and powdery on my skin. I immediately sense the amber in an animalic tone and the earthy, dirty patchouli. This concoction smells exotic, but the powdery texture plus the animalic feature irritates my nose. As the fragrance settles down after about two hours, the creamy sandalwood and a soupçon of honey and vanilla help to soften the scent. However, the animalic trait remains. I can see that some may find it sensual and appealing, unfortunately not really my cup of tea.

The sillage is moderate during the first two hours, but it feels quite heavy due to the powdery texture. Later it remains close to skin and quite sheer, which is dramastic considering its strength during the first two hours. The longevity is good though, almost 12 hours. Although I myself am not a fan of this type of fragrance, I would still recommend it to someone looking for a modern oriental fragrance with an animalic and exotic vibe.

resonant.sillage
resonant.sillage

Allright , To be frank , the first time I tried this fragrance i did not like it .
In fact i even questioned my self as to why did i buy this !
Kept it in my closet rather than my dressing and then one day when i just opened the closet casually, a very pleasant rich refreshing exotic aroma hit me !
I knew what it was :)
So ironically to my total surprise i really liked the fragrance that was emanating from the Prada Amber bottle ( one with The bulb atomizer ) .

This prompted me to generously spray the fragrance next morning before starting my day .
AND , i did like it . In contrast to my total dislike the next time , i was actually wearing this and liking it .

Kept it toned down and hidden in the closet for the next one week and again used it .
This time liked it even more !!

So this is my story with the Prada Amber.

My take -- Its not the usual clichéd routine commercial fragrance you will find .
Its very refined and sophisticated .
Elegant and toned in character and style .
Its warm snuggly and intimate feel .
Longevity is about 4 to 6 hours and
Sillage is Moderate .

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

If double identity had a perfume equivalent, Prada Amber would be one of the best ways to illustrate it with a scent. It puzzles me how at the start some fragrances manage to be so awfully tough to stomach, to the point of turning you off. And when you decide there is nothing more to be done...tadaaa! They show you another more approachable, yet intriguing side of their character.
To me the opening was scary, screaming, strident and very strong mix of bergamot, carnation and oak moss. A test of braveness. It took me some time before I sprayed some on my wrist.
Needless to say, the same repeated once again, so I waited patiently for the change I hoped so much to smell. Thankfully, it didn't disappoint. I don't think I was able to detect any floral notes. For me Prada Amber moved directly from the welcome drink (more like a shot) to the boudoir. It now became like smooth molasses of resins, vanilla and amber with a very pronounced nutty undertone. What a bliss, a bit too thick for my liking, but still impressive. Then again, I am not up for such a racy relationship with a fragrance.
The sillage is quite strong, the lasting power is excellent. A perfume that you wear for others to notice.
However, I do not think I could waste the time and nerves to wait for it to get past that horrifying opening. Luckily, I tried Prada Tendre instead and it seems to work a lot better for me. Call it shadow of the original, if you wish, but it does the trick for me. Not the same dry down and most of all not the same opening, but still quite balmy, just less powerful and with softened edges.

plaintain1
plaintain1

This is something I'd just spray on if I'm going somewhere casual. It's not big deal and once it finishes I would not buy again. Does not have any impact.

Beaufort
Beaufort

I found this to be very synthetic, (cheap/ chemical) and too dry. It was headache and nausea inducing.
There are so many better amber fragrances out there.
This is an expensive fragrance that smells cheap and nasty.

cmeeme
cmeeme

This is so earthy and it has excellent longevity. It is an elegantly exotic scent and very memorable. It evokes in me images of a dense rainforest on a rainy day; I think it is the oak moss. It is however one of those you have to know the exact amount to spritz on or it can tend to be overwhelming. I think this is a fragrance with a personality, it picks it's wearer and not the other way around. Great, great, great fragrance!

Germany

Finally repurchased this again One of my all time favorites , how could I have forgotten how rich and elegant this beautiful classic scent smells. It opens so green and fruity with a tarragon note, then it morphs into something balmy honey with rose and ylang ylang and after an hour my favorite part begins , pure heaven..... with all my favorite notes,,,, AMBER patchouli heaven with vanilla moss and sandalwood, no need to say more!!!!
Pure sophistication ! Prada Amber is not a girl but a very classy Woman that definitely knows what she likes and wants!

aletheaborealis
aletheaborealis

A dense, balmy oriental amber with golden aspects mixed in for warmth; honey, benzoin, vanilla caviar and creamy sandalwood oil meld to give this gorgeous, sophisticated fragrance. It's slightly earthy, reminiscent of chocolate and almost edible.

Stalked it for a bit and really liked it, finally succumbed to a full bottle. I enjoy it immensely and it gets even more delicious when the weather's cold.

kadinurr
kadinurr

When I first tried it, I loved it - that powdery patchouly heart and benzoin base. It suited well with hot weather. But then I tested it again on a day when I felt a little bit ill and it was the most depressive thing I have ever smelled - dusty loneliness. I wouldn't dare to buy this, although my bodychemistry loves Prada. Optimistic (but still sexy) Prada Candy would be much safer buy.

vanillary29
vanillary29

This is the type of fragrance my mom would wear.. No, I'm not generalising it by saying that its an 'old lady scent' but what I mean to say is that this is a fragrance that is best carried off by someone who is mature, wise and headstrong. It is a very spicy, powdery, profound scent that exudes class and personality. A fragrance for true ladies!

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

I do love it..It's very uniquely different..and it stays and stays on your skin..I have used several bottles of it and gifted it and always keep one in my collection.

No True Scotsman
No True Scotsman

My former flatmate got this as a gift in 2006 and didn't really care for it, so she very kindly donated it to me. I do enjoy wearing this very much, especially in winter - often in daytime. Love it on a cosy woolly (white or light-coloured, for some reason) jumper.

Anyway it's a very rich scent. I love its depth and warmth, it's interesting and makes me feel quite sophisticated and... nostalgic? On my skin I get none of the citrus mentioned by some, which is a shame cause I think that would add another potentially beautiful layer. But as it is, still beautiful. If, like me, you like deep spicy balmy slightly woodsy scents, definitely give this one a try - but only if you don't mind patchouli, and lots of it!

Mrs. Tuberose
Mrs. Tuberose

This wears on me like the Perfume Pyramid, sort of. First is a blast of citrus that is hard to take, but it starts to die down after 10 minutes. Then it's flowers and other notes I am not experienced enough to name. The amber is coming in along with rose and sandalwood and patchouli. The dry down is very Prada, patchouli, vanilla, sandalwood, but with this one it's amber taking over where the vanilla would be, and I like that.

I tried the predecessor, Prada eau de parfum, got samples and on me that perfume is vanilla from start to finish. I much prefer this Prada Amber because it goes so well with my chemistry. That seems to be what it's all about, the perfume and your chemical reaction to it.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

Prada is a great fragrance, it really is. Patchouli and amber, a bit of sweetness, not your typical sweet fragrance, this one is more daring and elegant.
I've got a problem with Prada though - it stays so close to my skin, I wanted to 'show off' such a gorgeous fragrance, wanted to wear it when going out, wanted trails of fragrance behind me, wanted it to be loud and noticeable, suitable for a club on Saturday night. Nope, it doesn't happen, it's more like 'come closr and smell my neck' perfume, so I wear it for myself, to work... I know I'm veing stupid here but I like my sillage monsters...

Anyway - recently I discovered that the atomiser stopped working, had to get a replacement bottle... And again - it may be OCD but I like my perfume in original bottles, so it doesn't make my happy.

And the last thing - i got lots of Prada on myself, the table, carpet while pouringinto replacement bottle, so at the moment I'm a bit sick of it...

Don't know if I'm ever getting another bottle, I'm saving what I have...

kitka
kitka

Enjoyed the fragrance until the sprayer just quit working one day. Found the bottle clumsy to use anyway. Never re-purchased it.

aveilhe
aveilhe

I don't know why it took me so long to try this -- I love traditional Ambers, and Prada does not disappoint! It reminds me quite a bit of L'Occitane Ambre (a favorite of mine), but it is a bit richer and less syrupy.

Despite the complexity of the notes listed, Prada is all about the Amber: benzoin, labdanum, and a touch of vanilla combine to create a warm, exotic, balsamic scent. The patchouli note lends an earthiness, and the addition of honey brings out the sweetness (but it is a creamy sweetness, not a dessert-like sweetness). Sandalwood lends an overall smooth-woodiness to the blend.

To my nose, the top notes do not make much of an impact -- the amber note is immediately dominant and remains intense throughout the dry-down, with patchouli lingering until the end.

Prada is a gorgeous, alluring amber-oriental. It is best suited for cooler weather, in my opinion. It evokes a cozy, inviting sensuality and lasts forever on the skin! A must-try for Amber lovers.

Hannehoney
Hannehoney

If you like this, you should also try Narciso Rodriguez For Her. They are nice if you like spicy, musky stronger scents. But they are not for me at all :)

UPDATE: Sitting with migraine :(

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

It's Jessica Simpson's Fancy Nights but i like Fancy Nights better because its way stronger and sweeter and that's just my taste..this is almost just as strong but less on the vanilla note..but as it dries down eventually it almost smells identical...i think this scent is amazing and a keeper..it is a bit masculine because of the extra patchouli but for patchouli lovers this is a go..smells like almost vanilla bread pudding on the dry down..very different type of gourmand..a dessert gourmand in my opinion but i believe you should try this first this is not for the faint hearted you must know you like this first as this is a love hate fragrance for alot of people..be forwarned by this beauty! btw the intense version is better sweeter and spicier but it is discontinued!

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

If there is anymore eloquent an expression of the pseudo-futuristic, elegant, etiolated 'exotic' fragrances of today than Prada Amber, I have yet to come across it.

This highly engineered, over designed and too thought out exercise in perfume politics achieves exactly what it feels it must, and precisely no more.

Truly it is an unhappy utopia of a perfume.

It is a swift, clean scent-generating machine that gathers in the consumers' cash by offering up a series of populist-formulaic chords: amber and patchouli, a slight Levantine baseline: vanilla, benzoin , something unnoticeably anonymously floral.
Everything in fact that is 'bound to please the crowd'.

For all its symmetry and design-led precision it is ultimately an act of conceptual cynicism cooked up by big corporate interests.

It is the military industrial complex of decorative smells.

I prefer perfume created by artists to the essence of engineers, economists and silent egos.

*************

Man, woman?

It wouldn’t matter if a machine wore this, it would be equally as soulless.

truffles
truffles

Mmmmmmm.. The way this develops on my skin brings to mind a solid melting into a liquid.
YES it DOES smell a bit like Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights!
I had JSFN, wasn't impressed and sold it.
There's a strong similarity but I suspect Prada Amber is just better composed and possibly has higher quality ingredients.
(Either that or I'm unconsciously snobby and that's ruling my nose!).
Just applied to my wrists so far, I'll be interested to give this a full wearing, neck and all, and see if I find it properly wearable, or if my opinion will go the same way as it did with Fancy Nights.
Prada Amber strikes me as a very rich feast, I'm wondering if it might just be a bit too rich, in a certain warm way, for me. It does have a unisex or even male vibe to it, in my opinion, too.
Anyway, a pleasant experience so far!
Ps, the look of the juice and the bottle is not what I expected at ALL from the smell!

Rapunzel2
Rapunzel2

too much patchouli, a cloying heaviness about it.

icecube
icecube

Wow this is Heawen in a bottle.
Strong amber and patchouli - sandalwood in the driverseat the first minutes but quickly softens down.
My skin and chemistry goes well with orientals - even very woody ones like this.

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

Esbanks, sounds like you need a travel atomizer, use some violence on the failed one to yank it off and just decant it.

esbanks

In the beginning I adored this fragrance, and got more compliments from it than any other scent I have ever worn. I always layered it however - body cream (god it was divine), powder, and Eau d'parfum. I repurchased multiple times, until it inexplicably started getting phased out. I think the formula changed as well, because the last bottle I got wasn't as grand, but I was out of the other toiletries so maybe that was it. Also, the last bottle I have is still half full, but the atomizer totally failed, and as the top is fused on, I've got a bottle I can never use.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Amber lovers looking for a true amber may be disappointed with this one. Patchouli is the true star here. Amber and patchouli face off head to head, but patchouli always has the upper hand. Beautiful fragrance though; very sensual.

jeffthebarbarian
jeffthebarbarian

I found that there was a Perfumania in Pigeon Forge, and that was my destination my last day off!
I was so excited to see Prada Amber there!
I smelled the paper first, and I loved the smell!
On my skin, it was even better! It is VERY similar to Fancy Nights...but it's richer and deeper.
The patchouli in this is very heady and beautiful, but the amber and sandwood help the patchouli from becoming too much.
This just flows across my nose in this velvet lush stream. It's WONDERFUL!
I really, really want this fragrance, but the $72 price tag prevented me from taking this home. Instead, I brought home a large lotion of Fancy Nights for $9.99.
Prada Amber is going to have to wait until Christmas time (or until I decide if I have enough money left over from my income tax check)

Addicted2byzance
Addicted2byzance

If you love being different in a sophisticated, elegant & mysterious way, then the way to go is Prada Amber, yes Prada Amber is it. I love that it's a scent apart, it's exclusive and when I wear it, it turns heads ( women & men ) alike..it's like the only thing that's stopping them from asking what perfume am wearing is the word dare...
It may certainly not be for some but wow, I can't be tempted to hate it at some point. Thumbs up for Prada Amber

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

Recieved this from a lovely Fragrantican and it is quite nice. On my skin it smells unisex but also soft and surprisingly sweet (not sugary or vanillic) and even a smidge citrus. The patchouli (probably equal in relevance as the amber) adds an earthy touch, like clean sand (not beach sand) after a light rain. Prada amber is not as balmy or spicy as I was expecting which is a nice alterntive to the usual amber recipies and a nice addition to my amber frag collection.

KJS88
KJS88

This does smell expensive, but I've never seen it as particularly feminine. I can see it as either feminine or masculine, but not unisex, if that makes any sense.

There's a slight musk candy-like element the calls to mind a similar element in Habit Rouge, and even Coromandel (sold at Chanel boutiques as a unisex fragrance--the very masculine SA showing the me line was wearing it, and I never thought of it as "feminine" either--now back to the Prada!).

As said, Prada clearly smells expensive. A nice tonka-benzoin-patchouli-amber-(and I swear!) there's some orris in this--the grounding, semi-sweet, powdery, almost milky note. (I've smelled powdered orris in a large glass cannister at a herbal apothecary in Italy before. It didn't smell violetty, just powdery, warm, woody, and milky).

Great fragrance that as I said strikes me as either masculine or feminine, but I think perhaps more suited to a very particular type of woman. The type of woman who maybe grew up wearing the Great Classics, and still collects and wears them, but bemoans what they have become.

I found this for my mother this Christmas just passed because she said she wanted something classic, but was rather distraught at what has happened to the Chanels, Guerlains, Miss Dior, Rive Gauche, etc.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

This is a bold and intoxicating fragrance. One of the best from grown up scents. Doesn't have the old smell, nothing too powdery. Though use this with moderation. It projects meters.

Patchouli is has the leading role. If you love the scent of patchouli by itself then I don't see why you won't enjoy this wild scent. Very wild, buy well measured with class. For those that want a less expensive alternative, take a look at Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson. Although the dry down is better in Prada Amber (IMHO). Therefore a strong scent I recommend for special occasions and cold weather.

hadassa
hadassa

A highly shalimaresque scent, a great modern woody oriental. It has a sparkling quality to it and it is like no other oriental perfume. It goes quite strong and is long lasting, but not in a heavy perfumey way. It just floats around your body like a sparkling cloud.

The sillage is looong and transparent like a bridal veil.

esbanks

Before they made this so hard to find (cancelled it?) it was absolutely my signature scent. I preferred to wear it layered with the body cream (divine!) and even sometimes the body powder (hard hard to find). I got so very many compliments from men on this scent. I have a chemistry that absolutely eats floral or citrusy scents, so something about that chemistry with this fragrance made magic on my skin.

However, the last bottle I had to order on Amazon, and only a third of the way through the bottle the atomizer completely stopped working, and I have no idea how to access the rest of it. Cap is fused to bottle, and I'd love any suggestions?

milamilamilamila
milamilamilamila

best ffor confident, elegant and solid. I Love this.

FoxyVixen
FoxyVixen

I tried it on today since I was searching a cheaper alternative to Ambre Fétiche by Annick Goutal. And I was deceived. I expected the amber to smell very warm and sultry and it turned out to be soft and almost citrusy on my skin. Dealbreaker.

betonce22
betonce22

Prada (Amber) does not wear well on me. Virtually no one liked it. I had liked it so much in the store, but it is not for me.

I am quite smitten with Prada's Amber. Balmy is definitely the right word for it. It's unusual for a modern perfume because it's dark and a little bit musty. These days I have to turn to the niche market for perfumes of this kind.

There is a spiciness about it that reminds me a bit of men's cologne, and I love perfumes with that quality. It makes me think of a contemporary younger sister of Must de Cartier.

When I first sprayed this on myself, I smelled a strong "green" note that caught me off guard and made me wonder if this was normal. I liked it though, and the more the perfume evolved on my skin, the deeper I fell in love.

To me this is a stylish and cosmopolitan fragrance. Makes me think of nights out on the town--bright lights, fancy dinners, and Maseratis (my dream life, haha!). Great for a hot date.

"Oh you look so beautiful tonight
In the city of blinding lights"
-U2

Vamy69

This reminds me so much of Jessica Simpson "Fancy Nights." They smell almost identical on me and I have a hard time telling the two apart. The one HUGE thing that sets the two apart is the price. I own FN so I am not going to purchase a bottle of this. I really love it but there is no sense having two perfumes that smell identical. Both Prada and Fancy Nights also have the same longevity. Save yourself a boat load of $$$$ and go for the Fancy Nights.

hollycat
hollycat

This scent is more a patchouli dominated perfume than an amber one imo. Dont get me wrong, amber is right there along with the patch its just that the patch is more prominent on my skin.

When I first spray it on I smell a sharp anise note, but I think thats the patchouli and my skin needs to make some adjustments as the scent settles. Once it settles its a very distinguished scent that is neither overwhelming nor annoying to others. On me this perfume calms down to a skin scent.

I feel the blend gives an incense impresssion even though its not listed as a note. Its not a church like incense tho, its just another interesting dimension to this perfume. The vanilla in this perfume is perfect. It doesnt overwhelm the composition, all it does is tie all the notes together in a creamy suble way. After hours of wear I start to smell some florals, but Im not sure which.

This is a classic modern scent that can be considered unisex imo. There's something masculine and a bit agressive about it. This is not a perfume that a lady would wear to seduce a man, it's for the lady who doesnt care what men think. And thats what makes her all the more attractive.

Sillage: Moderate
Longevity: Moderate

zellpang
zellpang

Very sweet benjoin with an aromatic patchouli character. Combined this with the woody base note, makes the profile of the fragrance very solid. This is a warm and sensual fragrance but I don't think that every one could pull it off.

persefoni
persefoni

This perfume was my all-day companion for a couple of years and i appreciate it a lot... It helped me on numerous long days at work..

It's woody, gourmand, sweet but not vanillish, strong but not cloying, super-long-lasting and incredibly distinguishable... A true Oriental, to my mind..

How can a house with so many wonderful and innovative scents (have you tried prada man?!?) have produced a joke like prada candy, is a mystery....

I don't like the first 20 minutes, after that it turns magic on my skin. Soft, warm and skinclose, very woman'ish, elegant and chic. Like a soft whisper around me. Amber with some patchouli, vanilla and woodsy notes. Great!
Update: First 2 hours I sneezes alot, the topnote is very strong to my nose, But after 2 hours it gets soft and wonderful and I have a whisper of amber/Vanilla encircling me. Just the way I love Vanilla to behave, soft, warm and very elegant.

Jag gillar inte den första 20 minuterna, men sen blir den magisk på min hud. Mjuk, varm och hudnära, mycket kvinnlig, elegant och chic. Som en mjuk viskning runt mig. Amber med lite patchouli, vanilj och trätoner. Superhärlig!
Uppdatering: Första 2 timmarna nyser jag enormt, toppnoten upplever jag som mycket stark. Men efter 2 timmar så mjuknar den till en underbar doft med amber/vanilj som omringar mig. Precis så älskar jag vaniljtonen att vara, mjuk, varm och riktigt elegant.

chain
chain

For the love of me,l have had this for a while but never really got around to use it,l decided to spray it on today and l guess l overdid it,because am sneezing uncontrollably and having this choking feeling,this did not go well with me seems there is something in it am reacting to ,too bad because l really liked the smell.

Zazou
Zazou

Whew!!! What a scent. This kind of sweeps you off your feet. Very woody, heavy, sharp yet balmy. A fragrance that simultaneously exudes sensuality and aloofness as well as a certain power. I really love this but, regrettably, it turned out to be an absolute man repellent ("you smell like a bloke"). Wear it if you want to impress not seduce, it is an edgy but efficient office fragrance :-)
I'd say "use with caution"... nevertheless, it remains one of my all-time favourites.
By the way, all of this equally applies to Guerlain's Jicky.

s_athena
s_athena

Initial impact is very smoky like church incense, so not a great first impression since I have ambivalent feelings about that bitter smoke smell (a former Catholic), but it softens down into something quite delicious. Definitely loving the honeyed vanilla-chypre combo in the base - I love my woods and chypres but have only tried them with florals and citrus before, and this is a good change of pace. And did I get a whiff of cinnamon in there too? Nice. The green-citrus top notes aren't really their own notes, but more of a supporting cast to balance out the sweeter base and heart to make the overall impression more like a bittersweet resin. A good intro to amber as a note and overall accord, and I see it working on my skin and kind of like it. I just don't think I can get past the incense associations yet to really love it.

UPDATE: Okay, a few hours on it really settles in and becomes something I like more and more, less bitter smoke and more soothing honeyed spice, like a throat lozenge or viscous cough syrup after singeing your throat on the smoke from the first spray. Now that I've compared it to the bizarre nightmare that is Eau Ambree (picture your grandfather doused in aftershave after a shower - yes, my skin reacts to it like an old man!), I'm definitely getting this one instead!

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

Well made fragrance, balanced and subdued enough to appeal to a very wide audience.
It reminded me another fragrance my mom liked in seventies. That fragrance was a classic.
I originally bought Prada Amber for my mom as the closest approximation to what her perfume used to be, then decided to keep it to myself, now my teenage daughter loves to use it.
To make Prada Amber smelling absolutely classic(hence not so approachable and more selfish)and outstanding one needs to boost some aspects in it.
I would start with boosting the balms to the point of Hermes Elixir des Merveilles and then see what I can do to tame the resulting masculinity.
But right now Prada can satisfy me, almost.
I just wanted to add that Prada Amber is the one of most authentic smelling fragrances of the perfect harmony. Soleful and beautiful!

Alfimaus
Alfimaus

This is so heavy und strong. Unbelievable!
There's also a litte bit of "rotten fruits". I don't know wich note it is, but something doesn't smell good here.

I have a large bottle left, so please contact me for a swap

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

The patchouli is strong but wonderful in this scent. One spray on my arm lasted 24 hours. But there is a sour note (like sour fruit) to this perfume that I don't like. And unfortunately it lasted at least 12 hours. If you like sour notes and patchouli you will be in love.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

To me patchouli jumps out and stays in my face the whole time - from beginning to drydown. It is sweetened by the honey and softened by carnations and jasmine. Sillage is about 6" with about 4hrs lasting power. There is an 80ml at Winners for $89 but had to pass since the I don't love the scent. However, I love L'Eau d'Ambree. 2/6

Journey
Journey

Conversation tonight at edge of the continent at the end of an all too short Seattle summer:
He leans over and says "You smell really good tonight". I say "Thank you". He says, "No, Thank You Very Much."
It can only be Prada Amber!

halloween27
halloween27

Very, very similar to Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson, but Prada Amber has the honey and resiny-resin notes FN lacks. Prada Amber also seems to have something like cinnamon, which reminds me of Christmas. Both have excellent staying power.

Trinidella
Trinidella

This is an exclusive scent belonging to the oriental/woody line. It wears well. It is feminine and elegant. Definitely a good buy.

duncanchelseal
duncanchelseal

I thought for sure I would love this, but on me it smelled EXTREMELY strong of anise. I don't know why as that's not listed anywhere in the notes but it made me gag. I wonder if perhaps my sample had turned?

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I fell in love with Prada Infusion line years ago. I had a mini of Prada (Amber) gifted to me and really liked this so to buy a big bottle was natural. Prada (Amber) is very nice. It is balmy, powdery and it's definitely Amber! It smells good but it's very similar to a hundred other Amber scents to my nose. Longevity is great! It's a calm, soothing scent! I will try again when the weather cools here in Texas and see if I feel any different. I agree a guy could wear this & smell very nice. I like it but I don't love it! I expected more from Prada.

Nesia
Nesia

l would love it on my guy.

Vamy69

This smells very sexy!!! Lasts a long time too! Warm and exotic. I can picture wearing this in the winter by a fireplace in a soft cozy sweater watching it snow outside while sipping a hot toddy!!!

This fragrance opens on me reminding orange citrusy oil scent on the patchouli base. It's bright and intensive enough. I rather like it than don't.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This one scared me a bit, as I hate oakmoss, but I received a sample and was pleasantly surprised.
This really is an amber fragrance, but it's more than just that. The amber is very old-world and has a medicinal edge which I have to say I'm not a big fan of, but this softens as it wears. This is creamy, a mix of the ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla, with the powder of amber and the depth of the oakmoss behind it, which works very well here and is subtle, so other oakmoss haters like myself, don't be put off.
This is very well balanced, a little bit of a floral hint, a little bit of sweetness, powder, and woods, and of course resins.
Sillage and staying power very good, this is a cosy scent for cooler weather I think.

bluelilly
bluelilly

Heaven in a bottle. Only I think it improves a million times over once it's settled into my skin. And the main thing I love with this perfume is that it does settle in and seem one with my skin. It even seems to take on the temperature of my skin. It seems "warm."

I can't really expand on the wonderfully astute scent descriptions here on this page. But this classification of perfume (amber) is usually difficult for me to like so much. And I just want to swim in Prada Amber.

Don't get me wrong. It IS pungent when first applied. I hold the spray about as far away as I am capable of reaching and only waft my wrist through the mist of droplets as they dissipate. But after dry-down I almost want to eat it, it smells so gorgeous. I want sheets made of it!

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

I dont know about usiing it in *winter

In Africa, we dont have that. But I've used it in the rainy season...I swear i cud feel its hug. I used a lil of it and went clubbing with friends. They asked what perfume i was wearing...

I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE. Very EXOTIC! Should be renamed Prada Exotic. Very fresh too. What a confidence booster.

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it! I just tested it today and I love it. It's also a dead ringer for Real Patchouli Bois 1920. IMHO Prada is finer and more elegant. On me the top notes are patchouli and rich amber. When it finally dries down the citrus is what rises to the occasion ever so subtly. I love it and now I've just got to have some. In one word - Divine...

MMC
MMC

Para os dias e noites que não se quer perfume doce.Ele é maravilhosamente seco,aroma limpo,delicioso.Mas é um perfume que poderá não agradar a todos,melhor testar antes de comprar.Para mim um dos melhores que já tive.
Lembra a parte boa do obsession calvin klein.

fleurdelis44
fleurdelis44

This isn't an emotive, expansive perfume. And because of the absence of sweetness and lightness, it may not be a crowd pleaser. However, what it is is...mesmerizing. It evokes times gone by: oxford-bound books and sepia-toned maps. Days spent at the library annex poring over Renaissance-era poetry.

I must admit I haven't had the occasion to wear it yet. Given how unusual it is, I think that it'll just confuse the 18-22 year old crowd (I study/work on a college campus). I think the perfect occasion for it would be a poetry reading, or an intimate dinner party--some place where formality feels natural and tantalizing. If you're a woman to whom sexiness is couched mostly in the form of cerebral connection, this frag is for you.

Whit
Whit

Holy moly! Sexy, sexy, sexy!! I had been wanting this for a while and finally bought some. The opening composition is a little masculine, but that's ok with me. After it dries, it's oh-so-sexy and warm. I don't think it's overpowering at all when it dries, but do let it fully develop before you make a decision. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but now I love it. I do see some similarities with Fancy Nights (which I own), but they're not identical, IMO. Very elegant, classy, and sophisticated scent that is perfect for date nights. Wonderful frag for those who love oriental-woodsy scents.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

After the somewhat bitter, green opening notes (where bergamot and tarragon were very present for me), I found this "amber" scent to be dominated by a sharp patchouli note, as well as a healthy dose of oakmoss. I typically love patchouli, but I wasn't expecting so much of it in this particular composition!

Also, for my own skin chemistry, which is typically overwhelmed by anything more than a very subtle oakmoss note, the fragrance felt somber and oppressive. In my opinion, it felt much older than a 2004 release!

PetalBloom
PetalBloom

My Posh Evening scent reserved for those nights where you need to feel sophisticated and elegant. Beautiful deep oriental scent that lingers for ages.
My Mum says that after I've had it on a few hours it reminds her of Chanel's Allure.

aschiffm
aschiffm

LOVE. Words do not describe. Sweet deep vibrant resinous amber! Oh it's so delicious and sexy. I haven't smelled anything like it.

This initial vibrant resinous smell doesn't last as long as I wanted it to (maybe the intense version would?), after maybe 20 mins it morphs into a subtle burnt sandalwood vanilla with some warm spice.

I loved givenchey organza indecence for a long time and I think Prada Amber is the perfect replacement, similar in the drydown but with a sexier deep kick- that bright amber from the top notes that slightly lingers for hours and stays beautifully on anything I touch!

Perfumenut1
Perfumenut1

I really like this scent....on others, it just doesn't work on me. It's got a wonderful incensey smell and good lasting power on my skin. However whenever I wear more than a half spray, I start getting a headache and feeling light headed. I never thought a perfume would have this effect on me, but this one does each time I've worn it.
It's such a shame, as I really like Prada perfumes one of my favourites being Prada L`Eau Ambree which ironically due to the poor longevity on my skin, I end up having to spray 10 times, yet this never gives me any of the same symtoms! Maybe the amber is just too strong in this one. Lovely scent but sadly not for me.

sunshine2079
sunshine2079

i wear this when I want to feel more grown up in the evening. It's perfect for layering also. Men seem to like this one

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

bought this for my wife based on the fact that she likes rose fragrances, likes D&G the One and Bvlgari Rose. She likes this one best. Loads of Amber well blended with rose, floral notes, a touch of wood and maybe even some patchouli with a touch of incense. Beautifully blended, good longevity, complex and evolves through the day. Mature and sexy. Money well spent

jventura489
jventura489

I am absolutely in love with this fragrance. I think about it when I don't wear it. It's definitely a fall/winter scent...which makes me sad because we will be going into the spring months soon. I have to say, in the beginning I hated the scented, it smelled really oily but I gave it time and in half an hour it became this delicious, sweet, amberry patchouli that I've been looking for all of my life. I tried Flowerbomb only to find that the drydown on me smelt like ashtray!? I was so upset because the opening was amazing...the drydown of this perfume is what I wish Flowerbomb smelled like...delicious!

MarianneLouise
MarianneLouise

I am hopelessly in love with this gorgeous fragrance. I love ambers and this one, for me, strikes exactly the right note in balance with the others. It's warm, gentle, sensuous and elegant without being cloying. Lovely for autumn or winter or maybe a special evening. The rather understated bottle is hiding a sexy secret!

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

How can this gorgeous ambery-oriental fragrance be so wrongly packaged? As someone else put it quite right here one expects a generic floral-fruity office scent from the pale-rose packaging instead this one is a real 21st-century oriental treasure... so smooth, balmy, seductive.

soonflower
soonflower

I absolutely love it.
It's so unique, luxiurous, sensual and sophisticated fragrance.
It isn't sweet at all, it's earthy and a bit dark.
This one is for amber, patchouli and sandalwood lovers.
It says "I'm a woman".
I always get compliments when I'm wearing this beauty.
Great for cooler weather.
It's stays all day on my skin, and with every hour it's getting better, deeper.
Love it.

sofababe
sofababe

Prada is just gorgeous! Sweet and spicy in the top, opening with a blast of bergamot, followed up by spicy floral and the most delicious sweet musky drydown.
I own Prada (this one), Prada Intense and Prada Tendre and this one is a real favourite for the cooler weather and Tendre is lovely for warmer times.
Although Prada is very sexy its also clean (the green notes?) and the delightful sweetness is from the amber and honey, not some sugary fruity concoction.
Sexy, feminine and grown up. Lovely.

goyangee88
goyangee88

I love this perfume - it's been my go-to for a few years now. The drydown is DIVINE - warm, golden, amber/vanilla but not overly sweet like vanilla sometimes is. I wear it day and night but usually in cooler weather. The top is sharply orange for me which is not my fave but the middle notes are mostly patchouli and flowers with lingering citrus...and then that drydown! It has great lasting power on me (all day) but quiet sillage.

BUDDYCASSIE
BUDDYCASSIE

I find this perfume quite strong and im not really fond of it. Got it a few christmas's ago and wore it a couple of times. Im gonna give it another go soon and see if i still feel the same about it :)

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

Today received and it's still cold from the postal transport. Now the green notes dominate with benzoin, bergamott, tarragon and patchouli, but wrapped indeed in amber. The first test I've made in a parfumerie and then I thought "Well, I have Coco Mademoiselle, no really need to have also this one". But then I ordered it though, just because i thought "Prada Amber" is different from "Prada Prada". And indeed, what I've got has definitely different facets than Coco and is an elegant, well-done work for itself.Little bit more old-fashioned than Coco, but still woth to be owned. I'm still curious to smell it again when it warmed up or by warmer weather too.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Softer, sweeter, warmer and not so decadent (but also not natural smelling) Shalimar. Prada is probably more wearable, you will be a lady... but it´s to chemical.
And it doesn't last longer than 3 hours on me.

Takhaet
Takhaet

sandalwood , patchuli , vanilla , honey and amber are the perfect combination in classic Prada.

it smells like some incense sticks or aromatherapy oils. very sophisticated, not for everyday use and definitely not for summer.

i love the combination , it is as heavy as in Angel but there is one thing I absolutely hate about Prada Prada....- on my skin unfortunately, smells only for about 2 hours! which is a disaster as I really love this perfume . i wish it last longer on me :(

Decodawn
Decodawn

A gorgeous vanilla amber fragrance very warm and comforting, ideal for the autumn as far to heavy and overpowering for the summer months

Nernanator
Nernanator

A sensual, mature scent - I feel more comfortable wearing it in my 30's than I did when I first bought it at 24. The drydown is remarkably similar to Flowerbomb.

jinjun
jinjun

I don't like the top notes at all, it is good they only last for about 5 minutes on the skin (longer on clothes). I wish they would be different. But after those 5 minutes the fragrance is amazing, middle/base notes are warm and really well composed. The 'main notes according to your votes' list sums it up well. I just bought it and will try wearing it without noticing the initial smell :)

Majja67
Majja67

Nothing chemical with this lovely scent! Al i can feel is natural essences from resins and citruses in the top! After the top its very, very warm and powdery! No great silage or longavity, have to smell my wrists to notice it! No heavy patchouli either! Lots of vanilla dough!
But its a wonderful, wonderful, classy, mature and rich scent that has a very incense feeling for me! Smells like coming in to a store selling incensesticks and oriental spices!
This is now one of my very favourites! Great job, Prada!
Only wish it had more "oump" in it and the sillage was better, must try "intense" next time!
Silage 2/10
Longavity 4/10
Scent 10/10
And bay the way; has NO similarty to Angel, only the vanilla! Agree that it has same warmth like vintage Fendi, once my favourite!

Major patchouli, and then some amber. This starts off with that muddy aroma of heavy patchouli but dries down softer. This is a dramatic intriguing scent, not for everyone.

VeronicaRoy
VeronicaRoy

No for me at all. Really heavy and cloying, unhealthy earthy scent.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

No, no, no, no and more no!

The opening greeted me exactly as the reviewer below me said. Chemical! It was as if I was pushed straight into an operating room and given a gas mask over my face with the distinct fume of anesthesia penetrating my nostrils. Combine that with the smell of freshly opened plastic medical equipment and you have that strange chemical conoction that not only shocked me, for one because the notes would not lead me to believe that it would smell this way, and two because I know that hospital smell very well from experience.

I am so happy I tested this first before buying...

I couldn't wait for a drydown and scubbed it off.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Purchased from TJMaxx. Its got a lot of good points like its long lasting and has great sillage on me, but, there's a very artificial & chemical smell to it that really turns me off. I have a cache of vintage power orientals which could be why. (vintage Fendi and Dahli)

I'm still developing my nose and all, but, this one is really sadly, a pass.

Stella451
Stella451

Bought this for my Mother and now she is addicted. It leaves the most delicious scent trail behind her wherever she goes. I just can't get romantic with my husband wearing my mother's perfume! Trying to find my own signature scent, but it's hard to live up to this one.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

On me the dry down of Prada is exactly like Shalimar, so yes I like it and it does last a nice long time, it's a nice warm cozy musk, patchouli and vanilla on me....It's pretty darn linear though but at least I know it won't change into something I hate after awhile. I had heard of comparisons to Angel (my favorite!!) but the only thing that is even semi close to comparable to Angel is the patchouli. The patchouli in Prada is woodsy and dry, the patchouli in Angel is green, Angel is also sweeter whereas Prada is not...at least on me it's not.

The scent: 9/10
The sillage: 6/10 nice projection but not a monster
The longevity: 8/10 still going strong after 6 hours

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Prada opens with a clean and quick bergamot, which rapidly transitions into a patchouli, vanilla, and sandalwood heart. The sandalwood is very prominent here, and ambergris bolsters the sweetness in the woods, to a velvety effect. The woods here remind me of the creamy woods in Creed's Bois du Portugal, without the macho lavender embellishments. A very restrained vanilla hangs back in the lightly-spiced base. The fragrance is woodsy, ambery, and smooth. I think it's well done, albeit prone to skin chemistry variances, as on my skin there are none of the florals that so many of the ladies here on Fragrantica detect. Very nice, very European in flavor, and worth every penny.

dianemingy
dianemingy

i bought this prada fragrance without testing it first. that may have been a bad idea! it screams amber & i'm not a big fan of amber, not on my skin anyhow. it isn't an awful scent, it's quite calming and warm. it just isn't for me! i'm stuck with an 80ml bottle, if anyone would be interested in a trade let me know.

glamrgirl7
glamrgirl7

Pretty. Feminine.
I'm a fan of amber. I'm a fan of most anything that will combine patchouli, sandalwood, musk, amber, and/or vanilla bean together.
At first sample, I really, really, really fell in love with this one. It was amazingly seductive. So much so, I requested my sister purchase the EDP for my b-day.
I don't know what happened, but it doesn't smell nearly as intoxicating as it did when I first tried it out. It fades rather quickly (less than 2 hours) then lingers ever-so-subtly on clothing.
Though I don't hate it, once I use this bottle up, it won't be a repeat request or purchase. :(

pippab
pippab

I was very excited to have received this fragrance for a birthday present. It's pleasant enough, but I can't say I'm a huge fan. I found it to be a bit on the boring side I'm afraid. The bottle, although it looks so different and stylish, is very hard to manage with one hand. It's certainly not a perfume I would buy for myself, hence I haven't bought another bottle to replace it. It's so-so in my opinion, although I can understand that it has its loyal followers.

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

Ooooooooh! This is sexy!!If you have a date, an important meeting, an anniversary, job interview or a family reunion, this is the one to wear. This will leave an unforgetable first impression. It is that good! I can't imagine this perfume smelling bad on anyone. I love the sweet amber, woody notes which are very prominent. Like a fine wine,it's soooo classy!

orchid_84
orchid_84

Oh how I love this! Prada is a beautiful perfume in itself, but it also has a wonderful personal association. It reminds me of time I spent in India, in fact it smells just like the rich, heady scent of incense in many Indian temples. For me this scent is warm, exotic, spiritual, comforting.

The honey, amber and resins are the strongest notes. It also has notes of peru balsam and raspberry flower (not listed above). I get a touch of bitterness from the balsam and patchouli; it keeps the perfume deep, earthy and resinous, and balances out the sweetness. The tarragon adds a really nice green, sweet-spicy note.

This is certainly an intense fragrance with great staying power, but I don't find it obnoxiously loud on my skin. Definitely not a fragrance that everyone will appreciate, but personally I love it....a total "me" fragrance!

litzi28
litzi28

I wanted to smell this perfume, thinking it would be the best..... When I smelled it I was shocked. It was nothing like I expected! It was a repulsive smell ! Personally to me it smells like : saliva, and reminds of wet grass, with dog poo ! Sorry, but that my opinion . Iv'e smelled better .

alexis91
alexis91

I have had this bottle for a while now. I use it only for special occassions. Like fancy dinners, graduation and what not. very sophisticated

derkargy
derkargy

Sorry to mention,but for me this fragrance is the luxury version of...Vicks Vaporub,or other menthol medicines!

aelias
aelias

Midnight Poison's slightly sweeter sister. A very easy scent to wear anytime, any place. I pick up blueberry more so than any other of the fruity notes. Definitely one that is going to evolve depending on warmer or colder weather.

Catty
Catty

This fragrance is a "must have"! it smells rich, refined and elegant, being still very seductive.

The Amber+Patchouli in Prada is not heavy, loud and nauseous, as it´s in Angel, but softer, more delicate and extremely more elegant.

Angel is the cliché pure loud sex. Prada is pure seduction without losing the class and grace.

I´m just in love with this little treasure!
It was love at first sight!

TillyWave
TillyWave

I'm a bit puzzled by the grouping of PRADA EDP. Oriental Woody? I guess when I want wood I want WOOD, not some sweet Candyland version of WOOD. And I always associate oriental with some sort of spice or edge, which this definetely lacks.

Not to say I don't like this, because I do. What it is is a richly sweet, relatively linear scent, with a quick bergamot/orange top, followed by a long phase of lots of of very clean patchouli and amber accord, with vanilla and honey coming through as it wars. It's one of those scents that goes very well with the heat of your own body.

diana_d
diana_d

I got this as a present and hated the opening(smelled like medicine/cough syrup+alcohol...sickening smell) but after half an hour it turned into something good, sweet(to me it was honey,musk,vanilla and jasmine), but not girly/candy-like, more luxurious and sophisticated. I think it's a great perfume if you can get pass the opening, but would I buy it? No, I can easily find a perfume to like from the opening to the drydown

Inche
Inche

I love it is realy extraordinary perfume.
I'm agree small like chocolate,but high quality.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Prada has such an odd opening that at first I wasn't sure whether the top notes were marrying very well. I took a while for even the top to settle into a lovely combination of soft, clean tarragon, fruits and bergamot with a candied cloud in the far distance. Really different yet likeable.

Honey and ylang-ylang are the most discernable in the heart, but not overt and are well blended with other soft flowers.

The dry down is quite strong. Lots of oakmoss, patchouli, benzoin and musk. I still detect a little tarragon too. It even feels a little soapy with a hint of honeyed wood, retaining cleanliness all the way through.

In short, a most unique vanilla based woody musk. Cool, quiet, with feminine strength.

dina
dina

Very cloying and loud fragrance; dry, sweet less version of TM Angel.... Longevity and sillage are terrific...Wear it if you dare :)

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Prada is ok. I enjoy the essential oils used. However, I do not like the overwhelming citrus factor. A little harsh. It's somewhat enjoyable, there are better scents out there that are equally as rich, just blended better. For instance, Prada Intense.

classicswearer
classicswearer

Reminds me of Visa by Robert Piguet without the amazing, wonderful longevity of Visa. Both are very nice, sweet but not too sweet (Angel and FlowerbyKenzo similarities?--sorry but I do not get that whatsoever:)

All in all very nice and one I will enjoy having around.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i bought the metallic LE edp for a bargain by chance and i m really happy about. this scent feels real luxe !!!
for me the opening is not that mutch green at all as expected due the listed notes. it's fresh, yes, but tempting and warm.
it's a rich and sophisticated scent, warm, honey-ambery with breathtaking beautiful bunch of tender smelling flowers, rich sandalwood, moss and woods.
the faint patchouli, sweet tonka/vanilla accords and smooth benzoin/labdanum accords are adding this extratouch of sophistication and deep luxury feeling.

the scent is very well balanced, i ve none of those mentioned rotten banana or metallic aroma in some reviews, it's soft and round, and it waves beautifully around me for hours without being overpowering. of course people will notice you but in a good way, just as it has to be ! real class this one !

the LE is called:

'Prada Amber' Metallic Limited Edition EDP (70 ml)
and this was avail in 2004 such as for men and for woman while Prada Amber original is avail only for men, quite confusing though!
the LE Amber metallic for woman is not to be confused either with Prada L`Eau Ambree, which features completaly other notes than this one.

the notes for the metallic LE i own, are identical to those listed here for the original but i tested both and the Amber LE is mutch more ambery-honey and warmer than the original.

add.note: the pyramid here is incomplete due the notes in description!

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

I ordered the mini version because I didn't want to make another decision based on the reviews. I absolutely adore this perfume. Its exotic, sensual and so very sexy. I just can't stop smelling myself.Definitely for a strong woman who loves to love and to be loved. The only thing I am alittle upset about is that after you have it on awhile all I can smell is vanilla and alot of sandalwoood!
But I still can't help but love the softness during the dry down.

spensierata
spensierata

I really can detect the rotting banana that Luca Turin attributes to this fragrance in his Perfume Guide. Too bad. If not for that one unfortunate element, it would have been a very wearable and sophisticated warm vanilla fragrance.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I found this to be surprisingly delicate, a pretty floral with no discernible "oriental woody" notes but I long ago figured out perfume doesn't act on my skin the same as others, so buying blind is always going to be touch and go. This is the second Prada I have tried (Infusion d'Iris being #1) and have yet to try a sample of Ambree. Although I am not too disappointed with this, I find it same-same as a lot of others. Reading the reviews, I am surprised that I don't get any of the strong notes others mention, except maybe amber. It's just very bland. On the plus side, I can find no similarity to Angel, thank goodness.

I can detect a slight similarity to Agent Provocateur on my skin.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Prada is an extraordinary perfume. Period.

Its strangely resinous aroma first struck me and almost ran me over but then I discovered its beauty.
Exactly this striking otherness brought me to niche perfumery ! Prada went far beyond all other mainstream frags I knew at that moment. It was so different, so strange, so striking, so......exquisite !

Resins and patchouli galore from the first spray to the drydown many hours later. Superb mixture of bitter and sweet ingedients. Prada is an angel and a devil, a circle and a square, Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, pleasure and pain - it is all that and more. Wonderful to discover bit by bit every time I wear this frag.

After getting to know Prada I began to look for other scents which were "different" from what I knew so far....this is mostly the moment when you enter the realm of niche scents.

Prada showed me that there is much more out there than Chanel No.5 or Knowing. Tante grazie Miucca !

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

I love this scent in winter when I can appreciate its layers. It wears too rich as a scent for me in warmer temperatures and the incense with the amber can be overpowering for small spaces and work colleagues. Its a fragrance for after hours with someone special. Dries down to a beautiful rich sandalwood and musk that evokes images of mystery and exoticism. Classy bottle but awkward to hold.

dragonesque
dragonesque

I bought Prada by Prada blindly, inspired by the positive reviews and because it falls into Oriental Woody category, which is my favorite one.

Unlike other woody orientals (that are usually very comforting to me, no matter how “loud” they are), Prada by Prada is a bit disturbing. It feels like I am wearing something which is not truly mine and someone is going to catch me and say: “Hey, girl, put that stuff back to where it belongs and never touch it again”.

The opening is a “Wow!” – it’s a burst of honeyed fruits, citruses and aromatic herbs (tarragon). It smells very promising, you start thinking, oh well, now it is going to calm down a bit and settle as a perfectly warm and woody fragrance. But this is not to be. All of a sudden, a metallic carnation note peeps out to let you know that this is not a comfort scent, but a test for a true strength and character. It’s either you are a Prada kind of woman, or you are not. One who can pass the test should have a strong will under gentle demeanor.

Even in the drydown, which is woody with a bit of sweetness, you hear the metallic echo telling you: “Square your shoulders and be strong”.

Somehow, this fragrance is very demanding. Wearing Prada by Prada is a statement. And you should have guts to wear it.

adele l
adele l

I love that this is not your average high fashion offering- it seems quite original and has a lot of depth. I think you must love patchouli to enjoy Prada (although it's not dirty) and I find no real resemblance to Angel. It's not very sweet or floral either- it seems more resinous and ambery with a hint of bitter citrus. Very strong so be careful with the dosage!

The drydown of PRADA edp is quite nice: a smooth, warm woody oriental with just a touch of sweetness and diffuse florality. The patchouli is very light.

Unfortunately, the journey to the drydown of PRADA is anything but smooth! The "ANGEL meets BAGHARI" opening is rather brash and so pointed and assertive that it could be the cousin of any number of creations crafted in the '80s. The dark, heavy, fermented-plum-like fruitiness certainly doesn't help matters, though it does eventually fade away.

PRADA edp packs a powerful punch up front and then, as if in contrition, attempts to repent, but it's really too little, too late. Very glad I tested this one at home alone. (Désolée.)

Bright onset with definite by somehow light oriental base. Reminds at times of the 80s, but isn't bad overall.

ineverwas
ineverwas

I absolutely adore this perfume and I feel it fits me better than any other I've smelled before.

The feeling I get from it is an inexplicable union between the urbane sophistication of a lively city and the wild scent of a foggy, humid forest. There is something enchanting about it, somehow poetical, like a melancholy feeling on a rainy autumn's day, looking through the window at the wet streets outside, watching the falling leaves dance as they swirl towards the ground. It makes you want to dream away, to lose yourself in a perfect emotion, a perfect state of mind.

The scent itself is quite versatile, in the sense that it manages to compliment a wide range of styles and personalities. It's a modern classic, cosmopolitan and refined, sexy but intellectual, wise, intuitive and philosophical, feminine and sensual, warm and deep but still free, mystical and untamed. It's the balance between the spirit and the body, between the heart and the mind that makes a woman the complex being she is.

Prada is meant for such a woman that can be all and still be herself.

JenSelkirkLass
JenSelkirkLass

I love Prada pour homme - absolutely gorgeous scent that I could smell all day... so I ventured into the ladies range & tried four Prada scents... this one was the first one and I really wanted to like it and expected elegance in a bottle like Chanel or Guerlain... BUT to me, on my skin this smelled like a powdered old lady (and I'm not old)! Was so disappointed! Each of the other Prada scents disappointed too.

Contessa01
Contessa01

Thankyou Taliera I was so confused when I read this as I have Prada Amber - which is a sweet sherbetty fragrance. Very nice!

Bright onset with definite oriental base that somehow remains light and clear, as opposed to the traditional heavy oriental. Quite nice, if a little bit 80s in feel.

Annica
Annica

Prada has a special warmth and sweetness that I think is absolutely wonderful. Perhaps it is too heavy for the office but on special occasions this perfume-lady will certainly give you positive attention for her elegance and warm charisma. Beautiful fragrance!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have tested Prada at least 4 times now and I still feel inadequate to write a review to properly convey how much this perfume has wormed its way into my affections or how it has managed such a task admist all the competition it faces. Since it has been disturbing my musings lately I think the best word for it would be: Haunting.

It is wood nymphs, honey, mild spices. Simple really. But still, she haunts me. Follows me around, caressing my senses, demanding attention & rewarding me with kisses when she gets it.

I am happy to share my life with Prada. I doubt I could ever get tired of smelling like a mystical wood creature. I don't feel I have much choice anyway as she seems to have adopted me and is not planning on letting go.

this smells very similar to Coco Mademoiselle... very, very similar... almost the same drydown, very sexy,elegant perfume.. for a sofisticaded and unique person.. i think it can be unisex...

Sissi
Sissi

This has a milk and honey kind of a scent i find this very impressive since
i'm not a fan of honey and milk notes
but i really like this. Like rain soaked
Patchouli in a early morning dew with gentil wispers of Oakmoss and willow
then you smell the sweet scent of honey
buzzing around your nose when you first
apply it to your skin you smell a fleeting fruit note then it turns musky
milky and honey. but the drydown doe'snt
last eather consists of fiery sandalwood
and benzoin sweet amber and patches of musk.

Ok i only tried two Prada brands this
and Infusion d'Iris prada has a talent
for using natural ingredients in their
perfumes never synthtic just stright
Florals Woods Reisens e.t.c it has a refinedness that is a rarity in today's
perfumery a maturity that can't not
be compared to the others.

mandi
mandi

I'll start by saying that this fragrance has moderate sillage and very good staying power.

Most oriental scents are warm and inviting; not so with Prada, it is sophisticated and classy but also cold and stand -offish (if that's a word).

It calmly states that "you can admire me but from afar - and never touch me" while other orientals such as Organza Indecence urge "hold me closer and kiss me tenderly".

i would recommend wearing Prada to a business meeting.

Taliera

I don't know why more people haven't mentioned this, but there is a difference between "Prada" and "Prada Amber". They are similar, but I find them to be completely different scents.

The one that I gravitate towards is Prada Amber. It's warmer, more sumptuous and inviting. Along with patchouli, sandalwoood, vanilla and flowers, I can definitely smell amber - a sexy, seductive amber - as well as dark chocolate (though this may be an olfactory illusion). Usually I do not like patchouli, but in Prada Amber it melts like butter and is irresistable. It is perfect in balance with all the other elements in this scent.

Very seductive, very sophisticated. Great sillage and lasting power. Two thumbs up from me!

Aren83
Aren83

Absolutely LOVE it!!!So warm, so elegant, so sexy....i have just a little sample of it, but I want a 100ml-bottle...J'adore!!!!!!

kittymoon
kittymoon

For me this is 1001 Arabian Nights in a bottle. It's erotic, exotic, reminds me of Angel although this is softer and more spicy, less sweet. Similar maskuline drydown. I prefer it over Angel but don't wear it often because it's such a statement. At the moment I need slightly lighter sweeter scents like Kenzo Amour - which still has an underlying connection with Prada.

atenais_only

I have Prada since 2007. I like it and everybody sais that amber is aphrodisiac, but can't wear it. It's too heavy for me and it' makes me dizzy.
I go for Chopard, sorry, can't help that.

suzywoo
suzywoo

hot wood shavings & patchouli !!!!!! interesting.

my boyfriend likes it, he get's pure licorice root and juniper berries with first sniff, then pine. The drydown is pure Amber ;o)

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I like this perfume a lot it is sweet and spicy at the same time with lots of patchouli. Smells different than anything I have. It is complex and it smells very sexy! The other day my daughter sprayed it on herself and I couldn't stop smelling her. It smells really good it's hypnotizing. I just wish it would last longer. This fragrance and Zen by Shiseido smell somewhat similar as they do share 5 notes.

honeydew
honeydew

A "femme fatale" scent.. beautiful long black hair, red lipsick, black fur coat... and Prada. Be careful with the dosage, one drop is enough, otherwise you kill people around you :-)

movs
movs

Personally I'm no longer a fan of oriental perfumes but I saw the great "Mood" commercial on the Prada website and just had to try this fragrance.

It opens with bitter orange and turns into a varm spicy amber scent. I can't distinguish the diffrent notes but I don't really smell any specific notes.
A very elegant and modern perfume. It has class in the same way as the Chanel and Guerlain perfumes.

I wish I could appreciate these kind of perfumes more than I actually do. Unfortunately they are not my personal taste.
On the other hand I do understand why other women would love perfumes like this one. I guess their taste must be more sophisticated than mine.

In 3 words: SOPHISTICATED - CLASSY - ORIENTAL

Andi Clark
Andi Clark

When I first tested it on a strip, I was tantalized by a note. It reminded me of my childhood antique writing desk. My grandmother used to buy me books and treats and leave them in the writing desk and I have fond associated memories with the musty, woody aroma. After spending quite a while pondering the scent and trying to place it, I decided that I had to have it.
When I wore it directly on my skin, however, the notes seemed all spice and powder with my chemistry. It was my choice scent for feeling a sophisticated kind of girlie - ballerina girlie. I always wore it with my Capezio gear, spritzing my leotard rather than myself. I only ran out recently and, though I like it and love the memories it can recall when I'm wearing it on my clothing, I don't feel pushed to repurchase as it was really mysterious to my age and personality. The spice/musk element is just too mature for me as yet. This perfume, though lovely in a nose-powdered sense, can out-librarian you if you're more bubbly than retiring.
It is also a little bit sad and, though I sometimes crave a somber scent, I would prefer something that develops more fully on my skin-proper.

zvoncica
zvoncica

There is strange association connected with my experiencing Prada by Prada. I am sure you all know of Royal Ascot horse race. It is the event where horses stay in background and extravagant parade of hats is displayed.

I remember one year watching 19 year old girl wearing pale pink satin dress with the appropriate hat consisted from 800 marshmallows. She is standing in the meadow eating banana and soaking up the sun. Next to her, in white satin dress with turquoise lace, girl bows her head from the weight of gigantic ice cream conus. Ice cream flavors are vanilla and chocolate. Third is a lady in black blazer and black trousers wearing black feathered hat. Holding in her hands tiny mimosas bouquet. Isn’t that a pretty sight.

Prada fits me just as well as marshmallow hat.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

I first smelled this on an older, beautiful and sexy woman who works at our local library. Immediately, I figured out the scent...or so I thought. "Angel. Yes?" I said. "No, actually. It's Prada." Ahhh. Makes sense, yes. It is a sister of Angel's, but not a twin. I think I prefer Prada. Somehow there is less chaos going on, a bit more creaminess. I thought I was going to love wearing this every day after it was given to me this Christmas. Then, I quickly realized it takes a lot to "get behind" this one...and that it's not a daily mood sort of scent. I would wear it on a fancy night out, or just when I'm feeling like I'm the hot mama that am...It's very strong, confident, sexy, but yeah, it's loud.

c3c
c3c

It could be the way Prada acts for me, but my first thought was Angel, or maybe somewhere between Angel and Innocent. I went home and did a test with my Prada sample, Angel, and Innocent decorating my arms. While it strongly leans in their direction, next to the two Prada has a milky quality. I was expecting something slightly more floral and fresh and not quite so gourmand (and I love gourmand scents). Still it has it's good points.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Poo-ey! I read the reviews and was anxious to sample this. Well, I put it on, and waited for the dry down. And waited. I was waiting for it to evaporate into something much softer and lighter as the day wore on. I felt as though I should apologize to everyone I encountered that day. Alas, it was far too spicy and heavy -- even hours later -- for this member.

Taliera

I really wanted to love this scent, because I adore distinctive and classy scents - but unfortunately it is not for me. There is just too much patchouli for it to be likeable. The florals and spices are beautiful, that's true, and the composition is a good one to be sure, but it doesn't spell "ME". Such a shame.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Smells just like chai tea. Strong, spicy and exotic, but also transparent - just like the tea itself. In fact, the base seems too sweet, sheer and delicate to support the heavy spices. The overall result feels unbalanced and nauseating. I once read a review in which the user stated feeling as if she had "fallen in a vat of exotic spices" upon wearing this scent, and I can relate to that. While I find this scent chic and expensive-smelling, I am also overwhelmed by its spiciness. I also think it's too sweet, so unfortunately it's a no-go for me.

thepicketywitch
thepicketywitch

This is a heavy, full-bodied scent with a heart of rich amber that is surrounded by spicy, oriental scents. It isn't for the faint of heart.
Four essential oils surround the amber, and are listed on the top of the bottle: French Labdanum Resin, Indonesian patchouli, Siamese benzoin, and Indian sandalwood.
To lighten these more serious scents are top notes of bitter citrus, tarragon, and a green, grassy element. To sweeten this are the middle notes, including honey, rose, and jasmine.
To my nose, the citrus isn't as strong as the green notes or the tarragon; the sweetness of the honey and jasmine emerged on my skin long after the oriental, amber, and grassiness. As for wearable occasions, everyone has their own preference, but for me, this scent is strictly evening. It's very serious, very mature, and almost professional, though I couldn't imagine wearing it in an office setting. When I smell it, I think of black-tie galas, formal evening wear, and velvet. I've heard a lot of people call this a "grandma scent", but they couldn't be more wrong. This is the epitome of winter, it's warm and heady, complicated and unforgettable. And while it's not one of my favorite scents, it's definitely one I come back to over and over.

_lolita_
_lolita_

For me this perfume is unbelieveable sexy!
I immediatly fell in love with it the first time I tried in on.
The combination of citrus, patchouli and amber in Pradas scent is so sensual.
Whenever I put it one I feel like a femme fatale that makes heads turn. It is cool an warm at the same time and has a certain bitter-sweetness to it.
Prada surrounds me with an aura of womanly erotic.
Whenever I smell it associations of a breathtaking dark haired beauty sprawling on a thick dark-brown canapé, waiting for her secret lover to arrive before a passionate and forbidden meeting, arise.
And for being able to awake such strong impressions in me I do love and adore Prada Amber.

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

Obviously,, the skin you apply the perfume decides if you can wear it or not!!During another trip, airport duty free again, bought it along with the one for men, for my husband...
In our local, when we came to have a beer, even the barman said to me,,-could you please go and have a wash,, this smell is toooo much, gives me a headache, I cant even work like this..Same stink was coming from my husband.. I have to say though, I smelled the men's one on a friend of mine and could not believe it was the same horror smell that was coming from my husband!!!!!.....

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

Elegant and classy, indeed, but it somehow lacks complexity and leaves me untouched. It has the ambery sweetness I am usually after but it is mixed with tons of patchouli which gives it an unpleasant chemical note. The lasting power is nothing to write home about, just average. Prada is somehow similar to Angel indeed, but the latter is far more sophisticated and has a lot more character plus exceptional lasting power.

bashak
bashak

the day i tried it first time, my nose stuck to my skin.
i thought it all day long.
it was a crash.
now i'm waiting my first bottle. it will arrive in 10 days.
as i'm thinking that it's coming to me, i feel the butterflies in me..
it's love..

i'm sorry. i'm not able to talk about notes yet. ı just can say that: sometimes i smell great parfumes in my dream. when i wake up, i go i parfume store. i smell till i find something makes me satisfy.

when i try prada this summer (altough it was summer:) i fall in love with the "feeling" it gave to me.

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

First I adore the spiced amber note that comes through when it is settling but that is marred by a earthy cold medicinal note on my skin that lasts the whole time and this fragrance does last. Strange patchouli does not normally do this with me, could be a combo of the terragon and other notes. Anyway was very sad about that until today I found out that L'artisan L'aue d'ambre has a similar amber note that I like from this perfume.
I can see why people like this perfume, it is deep and lasting and special.

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

The labdanum made it be ahead of its time when it was launched. It has a warmness that seem coming almost from the earth beneath, it' s seductive. A perfume for a person who seduces and captivates others surrounding them with a personal 'sfumatura' of fascination without apparently trying. Allthough it's heavy, it could be worn even during summer. It has also a watery sweetness blending with the other oriental accords. A cult scent, it will be a wise choice for many years on.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Gorgeous! This is a rich, sophisticated fragrance full of amber and spices that has great lasting power and super sillage. Even the pachouli which normally blooms on my skin into something harsh and medicinal is just soft and smooth here. It can be overpowering - and since reading The Guide I do get the 'banana in leather handbag' thing - but I still love it!!

Trvevil
Trvevil

I also tried the bottle that has 'Amber' on it. On top of the bottle there are notes written, one of them french labdanum.

Prada met my expectations. It smells very chic and full of style. In the same intellectual and creative way as Miuccia's clothes.

So, the very top notes has a little citrus tone and freshness to it, but don't be afraid if you hate citruses, it's not the citrus that bothers, rather an accord.

As top notes fade away, I was left with pretty masculine scent- it had distinctive note of cologne or even I dare say shaving foam.

Hour later scent was continuing to show it's colors and turned into Coco Mademoiselle. Very striking similarity, but Prada doesn't have that Chanel note that can turn sweaty. So you can try Prada if you wanted to love CM, but it turns sour in a bad way, like on me (I wanted to love it, because of elegant pretty bottle and juice color, that Coco M..). Longevity and projection are pretty good, this is one of scents that last.

Bottle in person looks a lot prettier.

guest_33
guest_33

For me... it's very confusing. With a little luck, perhaps I can get somebody clearing out for me.
:))

Why "Prada by Prada"? Just because it says nothing more on the box but "Prada"?

Inside, on the perfume bottle, it says "Amber" with capital letters.

... what's the name of the perfume, in the end?

I've seen the new fragrance line from Prada, on their website, only that this time it's spelled also on the box.

Well, hope to have someone giving an opinion.

Thanks.

Janneb00k
Janneb00k

I absolutely love this fragrance. It is a modern classic in that it features timeless notes like labdanum, patchouli and sandalwood, but it is done in a way that is contemporary. Prada Eau de Parfum has a dry element to it that sets it apart from other more cloying old fashioned Orientals. Prada Eau de Parfum is a supremely refined choice for a signature fragrance; light enough for daytime wear and more than sophisticated enough for evenings.

Prada is an extremely unusual fragrance. I certainly did not expect something like this from a popular and mainstream brand.

Prada is intense, spicy, rich, crisp and woodsy.

The fragrance opens with sharp woods and subtle hints of citrus. It immediately reminds me of the scent of freshly polished rosewood furniture.

The heart of this scent is somewhat crisp and fresh, yet the amber and spices balance this fragrance out nicely and add a delightful warmth. It also tends to have a grassy-like/damp forest finish which although odd is strangely appealing.

I'll agree that the amber and patchouli are particularly dominant in this fragrance, however the green notes and the honey soften the scent.

I wouldn't recommend this fragrance to overly feminine women, to me this isn't your typical flowery or sweet fragrance. A woman who wears Prada is edgy, confident and strong.

I find some similarities between this fragrance and Euphoria by Calvin Klein, however Prada lacks the sweetness of Euphoria and is much stronger in both sillage and lasting power.

I recommend that you try Prada if you're searching for a fragrance that is original, refined, classy, spicy/woodsy yet modern.

mmizy
mmizy

Its rich and spicy to me. Think its the sandal wood and the amber. Its like a cup of spiced chai latte. I can pick out the honey note. It sophicated and sexy I think i put a little too much on though. Reminds me of Dior addict just not a sweet. Waiting for the patchouli to kick in. i have a sample next time i will spray with a lighter hand. Don't know if i want a bottle yet.

As Joy
As Joy

How can anyone write so beautifully and felicitously about perfume as sky76sky has written below? Bravo!

This is my absolute favourite perfume which I usually wear during the autumn and winter. It is strong, and the amber is gorgeous. It gives me strength to get the day started during the dark winter days, and when I arrive back home and take off my scarf, I smell the strong, earthy dry-down supporting warm, sensuous scents of chocolate and amber. So I agree with those who smell chocolate in Prada EDP =)

Confident, not proud - very well said.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

This is amber at its best,i feel sofisticated and strong when i wear this.It suits a young,strong and trendy woman who knows what she wants,and wants only the best!I love it!

Maugli
Maugli

lazy, sleepy and relaxed scent of summer evening somewhere in Rome over a desert...Nice but not special - pachuli and amber - there are more interesting versions of this.

sky76sky
sky76sky

I have often viewed the minimalist Prada bottle, slightly off-kilter, pale pink packaging, neatly feminine & understated. I wrongly believed it to contain a city-worker-rose type scent - a crisp, functional floral. How wrong could I be!

One spray & I was wrapped in a deep, dark warmth...this juice is not pink, it is a rich, glowing gold, a smooth amber duvet of the highest quality eider-down that has held me softly for over 8 hours.

Prada's amber arrow flew straight to my heart: I could detect only a whisper of the top notes before the heart of the fragrance briefly bloomed. Luckily for me, no carnations - just honeyed jasmine & powdery rose. All the while the resins & amber remain in the background, the silent starlets of the show, their spotlight slowly growing as the perfume warms to the skin.

The warmth is like the glowing embers in a smoky wood fire, no unnecessary sugar, just a light & creamy bitter caramel coating. If you like a well-mannered patchouli, you will love the way it is handled in this fragrance - obvious, but tempered with vanilla, sandalwood & musk. It is spicy, classy & heavenly. A reasonable, yet polite sillage & good staying-power.

The drydown is slightly similar to Agent Provocateur Strip, though Strip is loud, brash, likes to go out late, smoke, drink & party before she finally throws of her clothes & calms into her glowing seductive warmth. Prada skips the dirty partying & goes straight for the sensual, seductive, earthiness they share.

Prada is confident not cocky, warm but not sweet, seductive without being overtly sexual, feminine without reaching for the cliched sugar-frosted-bouquet approach. My new grown-up crush...straight onto my want list!

momokoko
momokoko

Hi friend, who can tell me the right notes of Prada? Above there are two kinds of notes. I mean, do Tonka beans and oakmoss including? The pictures and the caption, which is right?
thank you very much!

falovalo
falovalo

Full of patchouli, and hollivomitsyou said it right, it's like Neonatura Cocoon, only I think this is slightly better done. Would be nice on cold, blustery days, it's a bit too spicy for summer.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

really like all of the notes listed, but only got amber on my skin. reminds me a little of neonatura cocoon.

atenais_only

I bought Prada in 2007 and didn't use it very often, the fragrance seemed to heavy for me.
I just tried it again recently, just to change and fell in love with it again.
I still can't wear it on the everyday basis, since as a person I'm bored very fast, but when i wear it it's different from all other perfumes i have. I adore it.

essija
essija

Nice Amber, I dont do amber very well for some reason, but this I could do... Soft, Subtle, and Sensual on my skin. This would be something to add to my collection. After sitting around on my wrist, I start to get some of that floral... This is nice...
must have some Cute bottle too.

Kama

I think it is very sophisticated, sexy perfume!
But this is the perfume for amber lovers...
Love it or hate it...
I love it… got it as Valentine’s present as my boyfriend finds it as the sexiest perfume on earth...
Well..He has masculine Prada Amber that I also find them as very classy and interesting scent for men...

Russian
Russian

It is elegant and,but way too heavy for me.I can detect only some of the notes of this fragrance,which I consider a bad thing.
Sophisticated?I wouldn't say.

BlackAmberMoon

A watered-down version of Obsession, with some patchouli thrown in. I like it, but it's so similar to Obsession (which I have and love), that I don't feel the need to own it.

Kama

Prada is really beautiful perfume! Few years ago I didn't like them and found them a strong oriental perfume for old lady... Now I have changed my mind!! I sprayed them on my wrist at the shopping mall, to give them one more try....and I have fal in love with them!
They are oriental but warm and intriguing as they change on skin... In the biginng they reminded me of Agent Provocateur, but more of AP Eau Emotionelle...then after a while it was like a mixture of Organza Indecence, Agent Provocateur, and Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionelle.
Now it is more settled and it is like mixture of 3 above, but also vanilla from Cinema YSL(just a bit)...
I love them! They are so sexy pefume! They are on my wish list for next perfume shopping!

Viyella
Viyella

I am 30 and I thought, lthough I loved the smell, it is for an older woman. Deffinitely for the winter.

Surreal
Surreal

All my life I have been truth to Chanel but it has gotten competition. I love orientals and this is just an amazing heavy, but not sickening perfume. I don't see why it's only for winter or evening, I wear it all the time. Just spray once in your neck and touch your wrists against it because yes, it is strong stuff. Warm, sensual, sexy and rich. I really fell in love.

DawnLady3
DawnLady3

I find this far too strong and cloying. Like debbborra I also smell strong chocolate - it reminds me of Angel, which I also don't like - and I smell a slightly decaying earthiness as well. Definitely not for me.

Too heavy and suffocating. An oriental with a heavy hand.

Taliera

It was a nice floral up til the patchouli... then it became "rotten".

debbborra
debbborra

The notes blend. So, except for the amber and resin, I don't smell the individual notes like the citrus and fruit and flowers, I smell what the mixture of the notes becomes. In the shop what I smelled was something like a delicate and expensive stick of incense. This is a very feminine and exotic vibe. So, I bought it.

On me, at home, now that I'm really experiencing it fully it's the oddest thing. I still get the incense - what I didn't smell in the store that's very prominent now is chocolate and olive. Neither of these are official notes, and I'm not sure if I'm the only person in the world who smells it this way, but yes, olives and chocolate.

It's a sophisticated and interesting fragrance. Spray it on your skin before purchase, of course, that's always good advice no matter what fragrance you're about to plunk down your cash upon.

Tonya
Tonya

Oh, how I fight the temptation to make this purchase for myself before the holidays. I am TOTALLY ADDICTED to this fragrance. Earthy and nice, calming . . . exquisite!

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

I want to like this perfume because the bottle looks so classy and modern, and at first the fragrance is like that too, a modern twist on cologne, sophisticated and memorable, not too sweet. Then very quickly it dries to a forgettable powdery nothing with a slight synthetic edge. If someone gave me this, I would probably wear it for work or travelling, because it does have a business like chic, but I wouldn't spend my own cash on it.

elia.osan
elia.osan

This is a very elegant perfume. This is the first day I use it. The smell is great!

aspida
aspida

This has to be the most luxurious , most sensual, most everlasting fragrance I have used for a very long time. The most delicate of fragrances lingers with you and seems to get better by the hour!

flugeltje013

Now that I think of it, it smells a bit like Flower oriental by Kenzo. But sweeter. And I think this is suitable for men too.

Ninulia
Ninulia

ALl of the Pradas are very sexy, feminine, and sophisticated, U should try it on every style and season it goes for all...

newgabe
newgabe

I ought to like this, as I love genuine amber and many of the other supposed ingredients. But for me it is a disappointment, to the point of being a scrubber. There is some sort of chemical melon hard in the top notes that turns my stomach.. the softer base notes are too sweet to be interesting. I will give this away the first chance I get.

flugeltje013

My mother has it, perfect for winter, it reminds me of christmas.. :-) Altough I have used it in summer too. I think it smells clean, incensy, but strong and longlasting. Very nice

Candra
Candra

I remember that i bought this fragrance in the end of 2005 and I noticed that every time i used this perfume I was in tears. This perfume gave me bad luck every time i used it. I have bad memories of this perfume. I gave my bottle away. The smell is great though, but is didn't work for me.

guest_solocha
guest_solocha

I love this fragrance, it is warm and sweet with oriental tones. My boyfriend can smell mud in it.

Urban Skies
Urban Skies

Elegant, fresh, exotic. Reminds me of a modern update of Fendi.

2007

Prada Amber by Prada for Men Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Prada Amber by Prada for Men Eau De Toilette Splash 3.4 oz
Prada Amber by Prada for Men Eau De Toilette Splash 3.4 oz
FragranceShop.com
Prada Amber by Prada for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 2.4 oz Metallic Limited Edition
Prada Amber Cologne by Prada, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Prada Amber Cologne by Prada, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
FragranceShop.com
Prada Amber by Prada for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 2.5 oz Metallic Limited Edition
Perfume.com
Prada Prada Amber 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Prada - Prada Amber Woman Eau De Parfum Spray 1.0 fl oz N A - Beauty
Prada - Prada Amber Woman Eau De Parfum Spray 1.0 fl oz N A - Beauty
FragranceShop.com
Prada Amber by Prada for Men 2 Piece Set Includes 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz After Shave Balm
Prada Amber Pour Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Prada 'Amber' Eau de Parfum Refillable Spray 2.7 oz
Prada 'Amber' Eau de Parfum Refillable Spray 2.7 oz
Prada Amber Eau De Parfum Deluxe Refillable Spray 80ml 2.7oz
Prada Amber Eau De Parfum Deluxe Refillable Spray 80ml 2.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prada Prada (Amber) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prada Prada (Amber), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Prada (Amber) by Prada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Prada (Amber) by Prada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.