Designers » N-Q » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense Prada for men
dislike

I have it: 653 I had it: 127 I want it: 654 My signature: 19

smoky
Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense Prada for men Pictures

Amber Pour Homme Intense is the new, reinterpreted and more intensive version of their debut male fragrance from 2006 Amber Pour Homme.Amber Pour Homme Intense defines that sophistication and masculinity of the original perfume and intensive aroma of amber with exquisite high-quality ingredients, in order to maintain the blend of tradition and modern trends that is immanent to Prada.

The oriental fougere composition highlights Italian bergamot, Somalia myrrh, Indonesian patchouli and vanilla from Madagascar as the main ingredients. Bergamot causes sparkly and fresh opening; hot and spicy resin of myrrh creates a rich and intense aroma; patchouli is attractive and seductive, while vanilla is a gentle and warm, completing the fragrance together with amber.

The bottle is designed like its predecessor: narrow and rectangular with a silver plate inscribed with the fragrances’ main notes. The new bottle is colored in intensive black, packed in an elegant gray box featuring the house logo.

Amber Pour Homme Intense is available from April 2011 in bottles of 50 and 100 ml EDP Intense and as deluxe edition with a high-tech spray of 100 ml EDP Intense.

Patchouli Amber Vanille Bergamot Myrhh Labdanum Tonka Bean Geranium Orange Blossom Vetiver Musk Leather Sandalwood Saffron

Noir

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense Fragrance Reviews

Gandalfsson
Gandalfsson

starmerj:

I can understand what You mean -Even I would not call it sour milk, but I do not like the opening= On me the opening last about an hour, then it turns into beautifull notes

mystery_grafx
mystery_grafx

Dark, Mysterious without the soapiness of the other Prada. If you like Tom Ford Noir, try this, it dries down more masculine and pleasing. Not for summer time though

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

Excellentè! This stuff is beautiful! I'm not the best at singling out notes but here's what I get off it. So it starts at initial blast with bergamot, patchouli some florals and a light touch of sweetness probably from the Amber. I think leather and myrh just linger in the background.
After a few minutes that bergamot goes away and the florals and patchouli take over with support behind the scenes from the leather and myrh.
This is where it gets complicated because I'm not the best at distinguishing floral notes but they describe the neroli in this as "creamy neroli." I think that sounds spot on right. Those florals are creamy but I suspect that's because of the combination of Amber, vanilla and sandalwood.
At the middle of the fragrance the vanilla kicks in with the sandlewood becoming more prominent in the picture. It's complex but elegant and relaxing.
I've heard some ppl say that this could be unisex. I disagree. While Prda Amber PHI definitely flaunt it's floral notes the support it receives from the combination of leather, patchouli and myrh (possibly even the sandlewood) gives this juice a more masculine touch. So I think it was more accurate to market this as a man's fragrance that a unisex fragrance. I think it would be difficult for most women to pull this one off. There are probably some women out there who could but those women are the exceptions and not the standard.
Now, I only where this stuff in cold weather. It can be headache inducing (cloying) so watch your sprays. Since it's a cold weather fragrance I do two sprays on my sweater (on on each pectoral near the arm pit). I avoid my neck area because it's too close to my nasal passage.
It's a good church scent, date scent, work scent or going out scent for cold weather. It's not for everyone but I'm glad it's for me.

Ferrogamo2015

Projection great
Overall 10/10

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I was eager to try this one after purchasing it back in the Spring and having it sit on my shelf for the past 6-months waiting for the cool Fall weather. It's balsamic, amber and some other dark and smokey accords so what's not to love? After three wearings I can honestly say that I don't really like this fragrance. Okay, it's not bad...but it's one of the lightest balsamic fragrances I have tried recently, and certainly not worthy on the 'Intense' moniker.

Longevity is a disappointing 4-5 hours on my fragrance friendly skin, and this Intense version sits pretty close-to-the-skin after the first few minutes. In comparison, I recently got more than 14+ hours of longevity with Sahara Noir, Kalimantan and Kalemat Black. Again, not a bad fragrance but I am disappointed since it doesn't perform like an 'intense' perfume...just seems like a watered-down, less complex, version of some killer niche and Middle Eastern balsamic fragrances I have been wearing lately.

Overall, I found this one to be a nice "light" fragrance with a dark feel to it. A definite try for those who enjoy this type of scent. On a positive note, I could easily rock this one on a warm summer night.

11/3/2014

tonyskaboni
tonyskaboni

I'd say I'm very new, a novice, when it comes to fragrances/perfume/cologne. I own no more than 10 all together, having sampled smells in stores and wherever else from up to 75 different individual, all designer fragrances. My journey started with recieving a 1.7 of Armani Code last Christmas. Legend Intense, Versace Pour Homme, Drakar noir, Encre Noir, those are all on my dresser, next to another 5 or 6. I had asked for the cologne, and forgotten until I opened it and smelled the smell from the mall again, I shoved it under my tshirt and sprayed half inch away two sprays. YUMMMMM. And that's the kind of cool feeling I get from this stuff. I'm not saying they are similar in any way other than the feeling I get from it. Sexy. This Prada Amber Intense, if that smell in the beginning is "myrh", I like it, Shaving cream, hotel soap, while going through my tester sample recieved from sephora, I used both those negative terms to describe what I smelled. Don't be dissuaded, this stuff is like many others I've tried, I don't like at first, but after the 3rd day/try, you smell it different? Either way, with 3 sprays about 4 inches away from my chest, and even a fourth on whatever shirt I have, it still goes away too soon. Too soon for what I expected.. But it does smell like barber shop/soap/shaving cream, but in this really awesome way. Do not be disuaded, try this. See if it lasts longer for you.

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

I do absolutely love Prada Amber, and this still carries on that Prada Amber original DNA. The amber here is more of a resinous amber rather than a powdery vanilla type amber. Incense in here makes it a really darker juice fitting the name of intense. I preferably wear this in the winter, not even the autumn weather does this its justice, I need the cold wintery weather for the myrrh, amber, and incense to take things to the next level. Really nice longevity and projection, no surprise with any Prada fragrances. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a darker, warm, winter scent, for any occasion being casual, family dinner, or formal event.

Extol
Extol

Ahhh. I love this stuff. :) I feel like you could wear it on warm days, not hot. But definitely a fall/winter fragrance.

It isn't a joke either. This stuff lasts a solid 12+ hours on me. Projects about arms length forrrreeevvveerrrr. Seriously. I went to my massage therapist after work and she could smell it. That was 10 hours later. I don't think it really settles in at the skin until the 12 hour mark.

It smells like a supremely high end barber shop with sweetness added to it. Definitely going to purchase a backup bottle. It's also my first step into Prada fragrances. Gonna get some more :)

The sprayer on this is awesome too.

ippo_
ippo_

I've been wearing this on and off for a while and I must say, this a solid fragrance. It's not quirky, avant garde or revolutionary, it simply is solid. A Straight forward and confident air is what this perfume has. It's down to earth and practical. This is a total autumn night out to dinner and drinks type of scent. However, it's also a go to lunch and run some errands type of scent as well. What I'm saying is that it is versatile and solid. I def recommend as a wonderful daily drive frag. Yay.

toxicben
toxicben

I really don't like this.
I've been looking forward to getting my nose on it for a while just based on the notes and all the glowing reviews. And the fact that I quite like the original Prada Amber, but I must say this isn't a very pleasant smell.
Its got some nice moments to it but for the most part it has this strong pungent 'old man' kind of vibe to it.
Too bad I blind bought it.
Definite pass.

Bundle
Bundle

Guys I just want to share my thoughts after receiving this EDP and wearing it for a few times.

At first, when I received my bottle and did an initial spray on my wrist I got a shock of patchouli and old cologne/aftershave scent. It was quite repulsive. As it dried down it still had that patchouli and amber vibe, no soapiness detected.. You could understand my disappointment after reading great reviews. I have to say this could have happened of the first time spraying because it didn't occur any other time I was wearing this EDP.

Alright, few days had passed and I decided to wear to work. Sprayed 2 times on the neck and I was set to go. Again, got the blast of patchouli and mynth and it was totally different from the first time. After 5-10 minutes the soapiness and sweetness kicked in and it was AMAZING! I could still definitely smell the patchouli and amber in the background but the sweet soapiness came in. And I truly mean this in a positive way. This EDP is made in a way making a person to want smell you more.

The projection and longevity is OUTSTANDING for me. Spraying it one the neck will give you:
5 hours projection where even you can smell it easily by sitting and working, the others also within not getting close (note: this doesn't mean its overpowering but rather soothing). It does project just perfectly, not too much yet enough to get attention.
5-10 hours medium projection with shining at times and not giving up, you will smell it is there.
10-12 hours close to the skin

I consider this to be of a confident man's fragrance who is a professional and wants to stand out. This isn't your typical citrus or ozonic scent that just is boring and nothing special, at least in my opinion.

MY OVERALL RATINGS:
Scent: 8.5/10
Projection: 9/10
Versatility: dates, special occasions or for a office type setting (taking into account your position in the job)
Season: works best in fall and winter
Age: 25+ yrs

Smell before you buy but don't let the harsh opening fool you. This is a soapy and sweet scent that over time on the skins turns even sexier.

I do not know about the notes much but I think is is a classy scent that should in every man collection. Worth the money for the amazing scent and longevity.

The only thing I regret is getting a 50 ML bottle blind buying, should have gone for the 100 ML. :)

jotaclow
jotaclow

I'm wearing right now. That's a marvelous scent for cold days. Even thougt I think Tom Ford Noir is more refined and powdery (I love powdery notes), there is a very interesting work with Myrhh and another accord that reminds me of Dark Chocolat.

A very dark, refined and gentleman fragance:

Scent 9.5/50
Sillage 8.5/50
Longevity 9/50
Versatility 7/50
Bottle and Presentation 10/50 (the atomized bottle is very luxurious)

Final score: 44/50

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

Bought a small vial of this for a male friend who usually likes more summery fragrances. He loved it because it was so different, we don't smell myrrh and incense much in modern life. I think it smells like the Christmas wise men.

zinski19901
zinski19901

Plan on getting this one very soon. I dont lile prada fragrances that much because of the soapiness. This one is totally different and stands out in a great way. Great quality and lasting power as well. Not too pricy either. Will def get next time I buy a new fragrance.

jonnymac
jonnymac

I tried this today and was impressed. Make sure you try this on your skin. The test strip doesn't do it justice. At first the scent is very bold and masculine, with strong amber and patchouli in the forefront. This settles down after 15 minutes and a sweet, comforting vanilla comes through to round out the scent. My overall impression of Prada's Amber Pour Homme Intense: a sweet, dark, seductive and masculine scent. The scent is very balanced and it screams class. This would be perfect for nights out as well as colder months. I received a few compliments already. It seems to last for quite a while on my skin - longer than average.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Gorgeous Manly Scent...

This concoction is enticing. It is very attractive and wreaks of manly elegance. I wish it had less of soapiness though, which is the trademark of many Prada fragrances.

Manny44
Manny44

Wearing this for the first time in at least 7 months. Deep amber and patchouli and Myrrh. Kind of an incredible fragrance when you think of what they accomplished here. They took deeply religious and spiritual ingredients and made something that can pass as an office scent. They Pradafied it. Gorgeous. @idlehands. This has always been dusty and dry. Don't think there was a reform.

willfulmissconduct

It was only launched in 2011, so I cannot see why it would have been reformulated. None of the notes seem to be ones that have undergone regulations (like poor oakmoss has..) On my skin, this gives off a rich chocolaty patchouli. I don't ever get anything dry about it and I just got my bottle about two months ago. Maybe it is the change of weather where you live?

starmerj
starmerj

Please, please, PLEASE test this on your skin before you buy!!!

Before you read about my experience with this, I just want to stress that I think this fragrance could be fantastic on the right person.
I genuinely thought that this fragrance smelt great on paper. I don't know anybody that wears this, but I have no doubts that it smells great on people whose skin doesn't turn it sour (like mine does).
For some reason, it just doesn't sit right on my skin at all!

I tested this on paper first, then on skin.
I was really amazed by this on paper. It smells like a very dark, rich chocolate - very different to the original Prada Amber Pour Homme.
On my skin, it did not smell the same.

For some reason, my skin makes this smell like vinegar. It smelt really nasty on my skin and I can't figure out why. I kept comparing with the tester strip and you'd think they were two different fragrances.
It just turned completely sour on me.

I decided not to wash it off because I wanted to see if it improved on my skin, but it didn't (at least not for a very long time).
After about eight hours, it started to become likeable and smelt a little bit like the ladies Prada Amber.
But if I wanted that scent, I would just wear the ladies and not put up with the eight hours of vinegar before I reach it.

I was so disappointed. I don't know what happened.
My skin does horrible things to this, which is incredibly unlucky since I love this so much on paper.
Hopefully this will sit nicely on your skin and you'll be able to enjoy the way it's actually supposed to smell.
I just strongly advise that you try this before you buy and I hope you have better luck with this scent than I did.
______________________________________________________

I'd also like to state that I tested this fragrance at John Lewis (a widely known department store chain here in the UK) just in case anyone starts to doubt the genuineness of the fragrance I tested.

willfulmissconduct

Delicious! This opens up with a bit of a stinging citrus, but drys down to a velvety smooth chocolate patchouli. Totally yummy, and I am a girl!!! My overall impression is that this reminds me a LOT of Agent Provocateur's L'Agent. I am really happy with this buy. I'd love to smell it on my husband, but much prefer to smell it on myself. Surprisingly, he always tells me I smell sooooo good and has never realized it is "NOT" a women's scent. LOL.

This shares a lot of the same notes as L'Agent as well. Both seem to have the Myrhh, Amber, patchouli, tonka and labdanum as main scent factors. So if this one gets expensive or hard to find, the L'Agent is only about 45 to 50 bucks for a big 3.4 ounce. You might want to give it a try.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Prada Amber Intense is a beautiful scent. I only wish it lived up to its name performance-wise, because on me it lacks the type of lasting power and oomph I expect from an EDP. This is a bummer because I love big, bold fragrances that perform well - L'Instant Extreme and Eau Sauvage Parfum spring to mind.

I had high hopes for this one based on how much I love Prada's Amber Pour Homme EDT. Prada Amber Intense is most definitely a deeper, darker variation of the original EDT, adding a gorgeous, classy, dry incense dimension.

And yes, it does smell similar to Tom Ford Noir, especially in the dry down. To be honest, I have to say I prefer Tom Ford's Noir - it smells richer, has more nuances and lasts considerably longer in my experience.

However, with a little alchemy I can achieve a very happy compromise. By blending the original EDT with Prada Amber Intense I create a longer lasting hybrid that smells utterly fantastic.

Bogarde
Bogarde

Amazing dusky and powerful edp with dominant patchouli,amber and myrhh. A sweet, masculine and darker version of the original Prada Amber pour homme. Perfect for cold weather.

Overall: 9/10

Tweleve
Tweleve

This is a very interesting fragrance, it's also my first time with Myrrh. I stopped by Macy's just to browse and realized I never really sampled anything from the Prada line before, so I went through a couple of them, and this one stood out amongst the others. Needless to say, an impulse buy followed.

It has a dark sweet vibe to it, but far from overpowering like many other notorious sweet male fragrances. If you haven't gotten along with sweet scents before, I suggest giving this one a chance, you might get along with it pretty well.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

This one is the real thing! Very manly!!

zohaib248
zohaib248

Just bought a Backup bottle.. Its THAT GOOD!

Anosmic
Anosmic

Testing on paper doesn't do this justice, nor does only one spray on skin. Layer some sprays and you get an absolutely amazing classy scent that lasts all day and exudes self-confidence. I don't agree that you can only pull it off with a suit, etc. Of course, while it definitely would be appropriate for a special event, I wouldn't want to limit my use of it in such a manner. I also see this as at least a three season scent (excluding summer) and for both day or night use.

The more you use this scent, the more it grows on you. Be sure to get a sample and wear it more than once before you make up your mind on it. I definitely agree with those below who say this is a masterpiece. At least to my nose...

bamacharm
bamacharm

Lacks all the soapiness of its predecessor, Amber Pour Homme Prada Man.

Amber PH Intense is sweet without being syrupy and has longevity without being overpowering. I get no metallic synthetic accords. Rather it is a journey into the realm of natural and heavenly resins (amber and myrhh).

Initially, it reminds me of Versace Man due, in part, to the saffron notes they share. The dry down reminds me of Hanai Mori HiM which shares the amber, musk, and vanilla notes. Perfumers use tonka bean to mimick vanilla. Tonka bean is used in Hanae Mori HiM while vanilla is used in Prada Intense. It is no wonder that I thoroughly enjoy this frangrance since Versace Man and Hanae Mori HiM are both ranked in my top 5 favorite fragrances. Prada Intense may now be tied with one of my top 5.

Whether or not I get commplimented when wearing this is unimportant. I simply enjoying smelling it on myself.

honeykv
honeykv

Very classy, mature fragrance that works best in a formal or intimate evening setting.Darker and heavier than Prada Amber, this intense version smells wonderful. The least amount applied, the better the enjoyment of this frag.

Prada Amber pour Homme Intense has to be one of the most interesting masculine fragrances I have tested in the past few years.

An absolute buy!!!.

Projection : 8/10

Longevity: 10/10 (7-9 hrs on my skin)

versatility : 7/10 (not for summers)

Compliments : 10/10 (got plenty ready)

Final rating : 9/10

edge42
edge42

Superb! All the masterpiece ratings are here for a reason, because it's true... Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Elegance, unabashed masculinity, luxury, seduction and sexuality - these are all characteristics of this intoxicating fragrance. Familial similarities to the soapier Prada Amber Pour Homme are obvious, but Intense is it's richer, more sophisticated brother that only comes out wearing a $3,000 suit. Where the original is an every occassion scent, Intense just begs for special occassions to really shine. Or, to make every occasion feel special.

Being an EDP this has that perfect combination of long-life and moderate projection that I love. Like most EDP's, I find it perfect in this regard.

It probably comes as no surprise that this is one of my top 10 scents of all time and will always have a place in my collection. In fact, I already have 2 bottles to make sure of it.

MY RATING:

10/10 Exceptional. Masterpiece.

Idlehands

this is officially my most complimented..even by strangers. it's a "dropper" for sure. it's got a classic vibe to it. it's manly, elegant and sensual. buy it!

dmhorton
dmhorton

This is a beast of a scent. I cant put more than 2 sprays with this cologne. It does magic in the cold weather. It projects like crazy, longevity is a little above average and it works wonders in the office. I do get that strong expensive soap vibe that people talk about but all and all its still a great scent. I dont recommend this in the heat being that this will likely choke out folks around you. It does give off that "rich guy" feel when you put it on so thats one of the perks to this one. I enjoy the scent and recommend it for any kind of collection whether youre just starting out or a serious scent head

Chuckphilpott
Chuckphilpott

Just amazing at first I was EH. But after wearing it I noticed my self needing to smell more and more this is class in a bottle. Get it and don't look back 9/10

KrysCT44
KrysCT44

This one is an absolute masterpiece :)

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

Fell in love after 3rd use! I really needed time to understand this masterpiece! from bottle to smell and notes it is simply amazing! winter/fall special occasions, not everyday scent for me.. 9/10

Lunchbox148
Lunchbox148

This is honestly the most sophisticated, classy, rich dude smelling fragrance I have EVER sprayed on myself. It smells like liquid success in a bottle. If Prada Amber PH, and Prada Amber PHI were sold at niche price I would buy them with absolutely no hesitation. They give me that "I spent $300.00 for this" vibe. I love PAPHI so much! Within minutes of arriving to work I get complimented and smiles from women from this one.

Honestly you can pull it off on a mild warm DAY as well don't be scared. sprays- 2 on the neck, 1 behind the head on the hair and maybe 1 on your clothes too. I wore it on a warm day over here in California and it honestly did not feel out of place. It just makes you feel very sophisticated and lavish, the dry down is awesome. Older women get the giggles from this one, guys. I wear it and I see them give me "the look" that says: "You smell so sexy, but I'm too shy to tell you so" I know you all are familiar with what I'm talking about. I just wanted to share my experience that this fragrance can be pulled off more often then we had previously believed. Anyways fellas If you are like me and LOVE this fragrance but thought "oh man it's a NIGHT fragrance, and I never go out at night" Just try it out in the day time as long as it's not too hot. Be careful with the trigger tho.

All I know is this is the most sophisticated, classy smelling fragrance. It makes me feel like a business man in a penthouse suite in Italy.

I haven't been able to enjoy it as much because I feared it would not be suited for day wear or warmer weather. I'm glad I was wrong. Try before you buy because although it's a good inoffensive, safe, classy fragrance only a few men will be able to appreciate it and pull it off. Women really dig this juice. This is my secrete weapon. An excellent "night out fragrance" that dose not try hard and is not too alluring. This fragrance is perfect for going to church. It's also for temperate days when you feel like breaking the glass and pulling out your secrete weapon.

kellz1843

Ok, from what I have had the privilege to smell in my lifetime, this is a masterpiece. I feel it is the best fragrance in my wardrobe. On my skin, it starts off kinda dusty. Bergamot and patchouli. Reminds me of when you take the top off a box of Nestlé quick and u have that dry, dusty chocolate smell. As it progresses, myrrh comes into play along with more patchouli and later a very clean, pure, not overly sweet vanilla. Imagine that cocoa mentioned earlier now being made rich by warm cream and milk. Still chocolate, but a much creamier and alluring smell. The vanilla is mildly sweet. Almost like the difference between real bean vanilla ice cream and French vanilla. The former has a clear, cold pure vanilla taste. That is how this fragrance presents vanilla. I personally feel this fragrance picks up where amber pour homme left off and takes it a little deeper. Still barbershop, still clean, but deeper. Masterpiece. I should get myself another bottle just because. Longevity is at least 12 hrs easy, sillage is perfect. Everything you would expect an EDP to be. Sits close, stays forever and when u move u have a nice little trail of scent. Like I said, perfection.

Eos
Eos

One of my favorite mainstream masculine scents.
Amber Pour Homme Intense is a gorgeous fragrance with a composition built around the harmonious blending of dirty and clean elements. Dark and sensual notes of myrrh, patchouli and a leathery labdanum note are juxtaposed with a clean barbershop accord made up of geranium, bergamot, tonka and neroli. The overall effect is provocative and alluring while still feeling refined and wearable. This is a definite head-turner and would make a lovely signature scent for a self-assured man.

Very oriental, heavy smell, perfect on blotter, but on my skin it becomes very spicy. Usually I don't test male fragrances, but one of Fragranticans mentioned it, I got interested and tried it. Well, it is quite alright. Too spicy to my nose, I could not wear it I think, but I like it in general.
Maybe on male skin it is better than on female's.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This stuff is damn good!

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense is one of those fragrances that takes a few tries to really undertand. The first time you try it, you think "what the hell is this?". Then the second time, you think it smells way better. Then the next time, you absolutely hate it. It really makes you indecisive.

How does this smell, you ask? It opens up smelling very perfume-y with a bit of the signature soap note that's in Prada Amber Pour Homme, but it smells a little weird. When it gets into the heart, a beautiful incense note comes in and gives a smoky accord, obviously. There's also a very prominent patchouli note in there. Think of the patchouli in A*Men by Thierry Mugler, but it's not as tarry. In the base, it thickens up even more with the amber and vanilla. I think this composition was masterfully put together.

If you felt that Prada Amber Pour Homme was too feminine for you, this one is very masculine and let me tell you, women will think you smell sexy wearing it.

The longevity on this is insane. I sprayed it 4-5 hours before I took a bath, came out and it was still there. I went to bed and slept for at least 8 hours, woke up and it was still there. That's mind blowing. Projection is definitely above average, as well.

I strongly recommend this fragrance if you're looking for a unique and well performing fragrance to wear in the fall and winter. It's actually one of the better releases in the past 5 years or so.

mfeezy
mfeezy

I really like this as an alternative to Tom Ford Noir. To my nose it smells very similar. This is good for close encounters or nice romantic evenings. It's best for fall or winter nights as warmer temperatures can lead to it becoming cloying.

cytherian
cytherian

To round out my fragrance collection, I'd been on the hunt for a good vanilla/amber/patchouli where the vanilla is not too forward or sweet. It's hard to find something like that these days. I've come across too many fragrances of this ilk with a heavy sweet vanilla that turns me off. I honestly don't think such notes are going to entice a woman to lick my neck.
;-) However, I do think this fragrance has great sex appeal. I would definitely consider it for date nights.

I initially got this as a sample, then went for a full 100ml bottle some weeks later. If you can get the 100ml bottle for under $50 shipped, you've gotten yourself a decent deal.

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense finally struck the right amount of vanilla for me. The combination works well and is properly masculine. So this contains Italian bergamot, Somalia myrrh, Indonesian patchouli and vanilla from Madagascar as the main ingredients. The myrrh is rather strong, which I thought was actually amber (still educating my sense of notes). I am not one to like sweet fragrances and I'd have to say if anything this "approaches" gourmand without being so. I find the Fragrantica description rather aptly put, which is:

"Bergamot causes sparkly and fresh opening; hot and spicy resin of myrrh creates a rich and intense aroma; patchouli is attractive and seductive, while vanilla is a gentle and warm, completing the fragrance together with amber."

Longevity is rather good if you layer it and sillage is decent. I think Prada did a VERY fine job with this fragrance. 9.1/10.

Roman86
Roman86

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense is somewhat sweet but in a mature manner and has a mysterious aura. This is not the type of fragrance for casual wear. This is one to wear when you want to use a secret weapon of giving yourself a mysterious aura that you're to be taken seriously and that you don't play around. Classy stuff all the way through stored in a beautiful bottle. This should only be worn on cool nights where the night is as dark and mysterious as the fragrance and the person who is wearing it.

Icucino
Icucino

I absolutely LOVE this one. It is understated, dark and sexy as hell. Once I tried to pull it off with jeans and a t-shirt...I couldn't. This one begs you to look the way you smell... Refined and sexy. The projection is sufficient to let people know you've arrived (3 sprays is my advice) and whilst the longevity may not be the best (around 5-6 hrs on my skin), it might be a reminder that true gentlemen should never overstay their welcome.

Buysblind
Buysblind

This should be called Prada Myrrh Intense. If you've ever smelled myrhh it's kind of dry, dusty, resinous, and sometimes sweet. In this case it is on the sweet side, and it lends a warm and fuzzy powdery texture to the fragrance. The amber and patchouli keep things deep and rich, and the vanilla and saffron give it a bit of a gourmand quality. Overall, Amber Intense feels sort of formal--more appropriate for a date or special event. It also has a bit of a romantic feeling. I found it difficult to just throw this on and go about my business. It has a strong presence coupled with powerful projection and longevity which kept me very aware of it at all times. Sample before you buy. If you like this, chances are you'll love it. But the heavy dose of myrrh and the opulent, formal impression it leaves could be too much for some people.

Overall, I believe this is a high quality fragrance, but I just don't like it. That doesn't mean you won't.

P.S. If you're actually looking for a true Amber fragrance, check out Ambre 114, Ambre Precieux, or Ambre Sultan. These feature amber as the star of the show and are some of the best in their genre.

redfive
redfive

This is one of the favorites in my collection. It is a remarkably smooth, sweet, Amber/patchouli/incense smell. This is very sexy. The best setting might be on a winter sleigh ride; Expect most women to bury their face in your jacket, sniffing deeply in an ecstatic snuggle.
I disagree that this is a "dated" smell, as Prada has formulated it well. The components blend well, and I think younger (College, not HS) men can pull this off, but not in spring or summer. I do agree this is a good "suit" fragrance. IT is not offensive.
This is not soapy at all like other Prada.
I would also agree projection and longevity are not superior, and you will wish they were--it's that good.

meyers24
meyers24

love love this.. it does remind me of a grandmother at first. butin a nice way. i'm glad that it dries down to something almost hypnotic to me this will be my signature scent for a long time .The incense in this really makes me think of nag champa. which i adore. i have 2 1.7 bottles that i got as an early xmas gift. the only drawback to me is that i wish the projection was a little stronger. i love this so much i find myself wearing it to bed. hope i will be able to find this when i do run out which hopefully will be a long time. bought from amazon very happy with the purchase and would recommend highly.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

I got a very strong patchouli from this juice.

lemonfreshman
lemonfreshman

Some adjectives: Oriental, ambery, sweet, modern, warm, comforting, sexy. Lasts a long time, fairly close to the skin. Ideal masculine scent for dates, men over 25 (but some younger ones could pull it off), some women. An extremely well executed, naturally smelling scent. Different than most men's colognes so try it first at Sephora or elsewhere.

roko
roko

I tried this today.As previous said,it's very mystique very dark and cold.It has a unique scent absolutely for the very cold weather and for night.But i pesonaly think it fits more to group ages 40+.

Also the sillage is not so strong as i have expected.

So overall :

Smell : 10
Longevity: 8
Sillage : 6

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

...Ah bcray82, I wish youd give it to me...
Remember those beer commercials with The Most Interesting Man in the World? I believe this is what he wears! Not to say this is strictly for older men but certainly smells worldly and perhaps accomplished is the word.Or maybe Indiana Jones...there is something which smells of old books and learning but not in a susty way.
There was something I at first thought was a cocoa smell and I think its myrrh. Its not extremely strong but not against-the-skin. People who only like spring fragrances probably wont like this one but I prefer certain fragrances in different seasons.
I love the womens version, of course.

bcray82
bcray82

Reviews call it smokey, I call it syrupy sweet, very feminine oriental. Reminds me of Obsession and Poison. I get an 80's power scent from this. It takes at least an hour to get any smokey incense smell - and even at that, it smells like a head shop incense sticks. I'm glad I found it cheap online, as I rarely wear it. I think I'll give it away to my lesbian hippie friend. She smells like this naturally. Too sweet and femme for me - like Rochas Man or Joop. Not an office fragrance. It is waaay too loud for small indoor spaces. Gourmand? Yes - but nothing I'd ever eat!

mendwillie
mendwillie

Divine. I love this combination of amber and myrrh. Wow, this is seductive, Wow, that's fascinating, Wow, that's sexy. I think this is a high level of fragrance to smell attractive and highly durable with good projection. Love it all!!

I classify it thus:
Smell: 10/10
Projection: 8.5/10

NBguy58
NBguy58

Imagine yourself walking into a church wearing a black suit and sniffing the incesne in the air.Thats the kind of feeling you get from PAPHI. Despite the fresh opening due to the bergamot note this one turns quickly into a dark but at the same time sweet fragrance. Whats even better about it, is when the myrrh starts to kick in.The result is just amazing. And surprisingly you can still smell the soap in this one as in the original. But here theres a little difference cause you dont get that luxury high-end soap but rather a vintage kind of soap , something your grandfather would use. The drydown is simply WONDERFULL almost INTOXICATING.
Projection and longevity are great.
I dont think that anybody can wear this but if you have a "dark" personality and attitude you will be fine with it. I dont know what else to say im just in love with this fragrance.!!!!!

Tried this the other day and it's similiar to Tom Ford Noir but there's definitive differences too.
I've been wearing lots of ambery, leathery, patchouly creating accords of chocolate, sumptuiously sexy kinda fragrances recently and I asked myself...Do I really need another one?
Not really!
That's not to say this isn't absolutely lovely warm, dark juice... because it is.
I'm really a fan of Prada now the original Amber is good too.

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

The Devil wears Prada! Class, elegant, dark and cold are the words that describe this fragrance for me. I could easily see a dark classy creature of the underworld or a cruel rich baron wearing it. Yes, that should be what count Dracula and his vampires legions smell like. It is not warm and welcoming, it is more dark, cold, mayble a little bit snobish, the perfect fragrance for special occasion like funeral or a gala. It smell very expensive for me, very refreshing, very cold...darkly cold...like a rich snobish undead lord would smell...It smell like frozen mint (patchouly), vanilla, incense (myrrh) and it has a little soapy side. The smell of it is very pleasant, very class, but a little bit unattainable, so this might not be my first option for night out if you want to get laid. The longevity and projection are a little bit weak for me. It could have been an almost perfect fragrance if these 2 criterias were a little bit higher. I must say that for an EDP, this is a little bit disappointing...but i recommend it for anyone. Two thumbs up! A safe blind buy to me. Good job Prada, you make people shiver with this one :p
The frozen score:

Smell: 9/10. Frozen polar mint with vanilla and myrrh. Very refreshing, very cold, dark cold...
Longevity: 3,5/5. Last for about 5 hours, a little bit disappointing for an EDP.
Projection: 3/5. On me, it project for an hour then get close to skin.
Versatility: 4/5. I think that it is better for special occasion, but i think that it can be used day and night, from summer to winter. It would definitively be better on a dark cold winter masked ball night. I don t see someone wearing it with jean and t-shirt.
Overall: 19,5/25. Excellent fragrance, would be better with more longevity and sillage IMO.

gd15329
gd15329

...and for me today I got this one (after testing a lot, just for testing - with no intention to buy) but this one "clicked" instantly for the richness, the depth, and the sweet-woody-citrus smell I always look for... I can not wear it today because I have other samples on me as well, but I will come back soon with a proper review.

A quick word: very elegant, masculine, sexy, serious signature sent, with that "special occasion" vibe.

parfumfetiche
parfumfetiche

Upon spraying, I get bergamot right off the bat but then quickly fades away and gives way to resinous myrrh and patchouli. The myrrh in this one doesn’t smell like the one in Dior Eau Savauge Parfum and Dior Fahrenheit Absolute. My guess is that this is a sweet myrrh? This one’s not an amber based fragrance despite what the name implies. I only get soft amber in the dry down. Not that intense either. This one sits closer to my skin with moderate projection but good longevity. Overall feel I get from this is resinous. It’s the resinous accord I really dig. This is when I realized I’m a big fan of resinous scent. Probably not that unique but it’s definitely niche quality in my book. The scent gets 5 out of 5 from me. I adore it!

ularewolf
ularewolf

So I've had this fragrance for about a month now to put my thoughts on it. All I have to say is this is the best blind buy I've done yet. What a magnificent fragrance! It has a nice, dark green soapy vibe in the beginning and it feels so full-bodied that you feel enveloped in its bliss; it almost seems as if it coddles you.

I haven't experienced that feeling this extreme before this fragrance. It's so many things combined into an amazing scent.

It's dark, green and soapy, then slowly dries down to a deep vanilla scent with different facets leading to a very long base of sweet vanilla and amber.

The myrhh is the focal point of this fragrance until the drydown, then it plays background to keep the boldness going.

If you have been wanting a dark, semi-sweet scent, this is it. It doesn't show its sweet-side until 1-2 hours in, until then it's a balmy soap bomb of euphoria.

Longevity is superb, 10+ hours easy. Sillage is moderate to above average.

A true masterpiece, and although I am not sure if it may be my signature scent, it sure is the closest thing I've discovered.

Rating: 4.75/5

Budman
Budman

I get too much baby powder with this one. I don't see what all the praise is about. Linear and boring to me. Sorry. Expensive Johnson's baby powder. Good projection though. Maybe it is why ladies like this one? Subconscious motherly effect. Soft and approachable. You smell like you have a newborn and are man enough to change diapers and care enough to use powder...

riolux
riolux

This stuff smells GOOD!

First whiff reminds me of some frag I used to have, perhaps Gucci Rush?

I've worn it spring to summer and I think it's good for both days and evenings, especially warm summer evenings when your body temperature really sets it off.

Longevity and silage is good, above average (EdP).

I tried the original Amber but to me that was too powdery, this one has more dimensions.

Recommended!

marathonmike86
marathonmike86

i love this stuff. id rather wear this over tom fords tv any day. its hardly as sweet yet it replicates the same aroma with the amber and atchouli pop that i like dont forget the vanilla. thumbs up on this guy!! prada amber intense > tobacco vanille

ppokpoon
ppokpoon

Compared to Prada Man EDT, Prada Amber Intense EDP smells dark, mystic, masculine and synthetic. It's scent somewhat differs from that of Prada Man. So don't expect that both of these versions are similar. Personally, I prefer the warm, bright and sweet scent of Prada Man. However, this one can be easily welcomed to my fragrance collection because of its distinctiveness. The dark glass bottle is pleasant to look at too, but it prevents me from seeing the color of the fluid.

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * *

Opening: Soft amber, patchouli, vanilla, myrrh.

Middle: Amber, patchouli, vanilla, bergamot.

Dry Down: Amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla.

Intense? A matter of perspective and experience, I suppose. Certainly not in comparison with something like Blue Amber from Montale or the mighty Opus VI from Amouage. This fragrance has a lighter touch, and the surrounding notes soften the amber to a considerable degree. The myrrh in particular seems to have a mitigating influence.

I quite like it--it is one of the better designer fragrances I've encountered. Suitably masculine, safe for work, different enough to be noticed but not so different as to arouse suspicion!

I particularly enjoyed the middle phase of Prada Amber Intense Pour Homme. I found myself unconsciously sniffing my pulse points throughout the day to get a "hit."

My main complaint is that the sillage and longevity are not quite what I had hoped for. They are not bad, mind you, just not on a par with some of the niche ambers.

Sillage: 3/5

Almiro
Almiro

well i admit that when i tried i thought it would be the same joke as voyage d'hermes... but 5 mins later it was just cool distinct as expected from prada...

larrybuf
larrybuf

I have tried to like this fragrance...but it always ends up on the shelf. The top notes are beautiful and that is what initially sold me. But the dry down becomes cloying and powdery which I absolutely hate on my skin. Maybe those around me who smell it get a great vibe from it but I have to smell it all the time on my skin. It's a great big no from me!

n1Musashi
n1Musashi

Unbeliavable... It's just one of the most sexy smell of all times...a must buy.

Caist
Caist

Clean, Smooth with Zest, Dark

This one reminds of a fresh lathered shave, or sometimes a freshly cleaned desk back in elementary school (Barbasol, getting in trouble for drawing boobs with shaving cream.) But aside from that obnoxious nostalgia-moment, this is a very classy men's fragrance, I love to wear this when I wear a leather jacket or a dark mono-chromatic pallete. Wears a lot better at night, when out on the scene, cause it does pull people in and leave them with a good impression of "he's pampered, he's knows it."

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Does anyone think the quality of the metal plate in the Intesne version somehow is poorer than the one in the Prada pour Homme original? Letters a bit blurred? Mine seems a little cheapy compared with the other, so sometimes I feel I bought a fake?

browne54
browne54

Smells like the best possible Nag Champa incense one could possibly purchase, or the best smelling Hippie one could ever fathom. Seriously, this was the incense the three kings brought the baby Jesus. I am just not certain if it is worth the asking retail price.

Sweet myrrh and patchouli. I get a lot of bergamot in the very beginning but it fades away. I also get very mild leather, saffron and some orange blossom. This fragrance starts resinous and ends powdery. As with many other Prada creations it has a soapy feel. The beginning is quite promising, but it fails to deliver.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Easy on the trigger with this one. The opening may throw you off. Initialy I get tons of Patchouli in the beginning with powder and something sweet. Then I know this will be a dark scent. Very mature, masculine, and mysterious. The dry down is balmy and leathery. A very cozzy fragrance, which I enjoyed. Good for night time use. Try it.

Idlehands

I love this stuff so much. The first time I smelled it I literally started laughing and smiling to myself because to me it was the scent I had been looking for. It was oddly masculine and more musky than any scent I normally wear but then it dries down to a softer sweeter smell. I just find this stuff to be amazing. Love it! It stays on your skin for a long time too. I occasionally will just smell myself out of no where. The real deal in my opinion.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Deep and dark fragrance, I get a lot of incense and amber, along with patchouli. An appealing combo !

Vanilla, flowers and bergamot are only here to refresh the fragrance in the opening, that's all.

Sillage and longevity are high.

A truly nice balmy fragrance. It definetely inspired Infusion d'Homme, which is in the same vibe, but more soapy, clean and fresh. Amber goes deeper. I like it !

vonzigdarke
vonzigdarke

A musky basement which has not seen humans in decades-a particle board shelf sagging from a stack of Avon books with cardboard insert samples; so it's a morning pre-shower thing at best. This was rather pleasant while sampled in Sephora but it could have been the sales lady proving French was her first language-that never hurts. That can cause impulse buying and taking back things you never stole. Think I will give this to my 12 year old nephew-or trade it. It's not terrible but not ten dollars worth either.

amer1212
amer1212

Its a magical chic sweet elegant sweet smoky amber .
the scent its...

Elegance.. Unique.. Sexy.. soft..Warm..Spicy..Sweet..Dark 8 in 1= "Prada Amber" intense .

scent 10/10
longevity 10/10
sillage 8/10

all rank 9/10 its modern Italian style .

Sergio BH
Sergio BH

Absolutely fantastic this smell, love Prada Intense. Dark, mysterious, very chic lush and elegant, amazing, and very masculine!!

Myrhh / Amber / Patchoulli / Vanille combination is doing a great job here, this is such a wonderful refinement, oriental aura, not too strong, but smooth, warm and distinct.

Longevity is long, and sillage is heavy.

The 100ml bottle is very nice, and the black glass is very nice too.

Well done Prada, thank you!!

longevity 8.5/10
sillage 8.5/10
scent 10/10

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It goes on with what smelled like a somewhat off-putting note, but quickly dried down to a nice, complex, woody/balmy/ambery tone. My wife likes it, too. This is a very wearable and suitable scent from Prada. Well done!

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

Leather, musk, Amber, citrus, and powder. Smells like a new take on vintage cologne. Manly, but semi soft.

classicburns
classicburns

Smells like an expensive and elegant old-fashioned barbershop that's only open in the evening and has a long exclusive waiting list. Great powdery scent that is handsome and smart.

waqaskhan55
waqaskhan55

Had a whiff in store, I had to wait abit I was quite confused because of the soapyness smell. 4 hours later it falls flat on vanilla. Its quite a contrast and is definitely not worth it. The none intense version seems tamer but still not quite worth the dough

Bbjr
Bbjr

Initial blast from the top notes is like a chemistry experiment gone bad. But wait, 5 minutes later its a completely different scent and a very nice one at that. For me the dry down is a pleasant clean, albeit somewhat powdery, smell.. Very nice

bcire3k
bcire3k

Starts off smelling extremely musky and bitter. First 30min/hour is terrible. Smells like animal hide, after that it smells sweet and dark. Very good but not worth the start in my opinion.

danielresendem

It may seem strange, but the smell of this fragrance makes me sad, melancholy... And I do not know why!

It's a dark and strangely beautiful scent.

before_n_afta
before_n_afta

This fragrance is deep, sensuous, and unique. I don't wear it every day, but it is easily one of the best smelling fragrances I own.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Very Nag Champa like. Smells just like my local head shop, with more complexity, less potato burritos. I like it, just seems weird to me that it is from Prada. My nickname for this stuff is "Hippie Juice". ....But damn it smells so good!

steve0580
steve0580

Excellent fragrance. I love Prada Amber Pour Homme, so I got this one as well.

At first spray, I was uncertain but after about 20 minutes, you can smell the Amber Pour Homme under it. The Intense version seems a bit more smoky to me.

My first time wearing it out to the bar, I had a woman come over and just rave about it. She kept getting close and wanting to smell me. At one point, she was rubbing her arm against mine to try to get some of it on her. It was actually kind of comical but without question, that's a VERY obvious compliment.

Mattybono
Mattybono

Very classy, mature fragrance that works best in a formal or intimate evening setting. It is semi-appropriately named because it does hint to original Amber briefly at the open but soon becomes a totally-different, richer and more masculine scent.
I use 2 sprays max and the warmer it is the lighter on the trigger I go with this EDP (ie. less is more)... Excellent quality and utterly beautiful but with limited versatility. Still worth owning for sure! (8.5/10)

Thiago Mendes
Thiago Mendes

Perfume com ar de escuridao mesmo. A baunilha, pachouli, mirra e o ambar funcionaram muito bem nesse perfume maravilhoso.
Um dos meus favoritos.
Voce espirra no corpo e anda um pouco... Voce vai deixar um ar refinado.

Aroma: 10/10
Fixacao: 8,5/10
Projecao: 8/10

danielresendem

Everything is great, just a negative detail:

The versatility of this fragance is very bad !! Unfortunately don't have much use to me.. :(

But I still love this Intense version (diferent of tradicional version)

divan.badenhorstbotha
divan.badenhorstbotha

Much darker than the origanal. Like them both though. Very unique.

Gogoloi
Gogoloi

It reminds me somehow of Gilette red shaving cream.
It's great!!

bronstein
bronstein

A nice one, elegant and sensuous fragrance for men who like to appear seductive. It may be worn by young or old men and certainly suits a date with a nice girl or lady, but is also not out of place at the office. Definitely worth its relatively high price.

hollyms
hollyms

I smelled just about every cologne in Sephora trying to choose something for my man, and while I ended up settling on Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme, this was a close runner for second. I loved how unique and warm it smelled, with the prominent amber and masculinity. So sexy! I will probably end up buying this for him next year!

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

high hopes, Opening is nice though, but the drydown is a old smelling dated powery yuk

ben.perry
ben.perry

I absolutely love this fragrance, I am always kept entertained by its beautiful creamy myrhh on a vanilla ice cream cone kind of smell goodness. It exudes a masculine,classy,and sexy kind of vibe.This has moved up to my top 5, it's best in cold weather for sure.

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

Just ordinary. There are lots of better fall/winter fragrances with similar notes and ingredients. As for the name (Prada Amber intense) vs. the scent - it has nothing to do with the original Prada Amber pour homme which is really beautiful. This one is different although it has only one additional ingredient (amber) and three less compared to Prada Amber (mandarine, neroli and cardamon) - the rest is blended in a totally different way. I am not impressed thou.

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

I think it's misleading when brands releases unique fragrances as a flanker.
Prada Amber Intense has nothing to do with the original, exept the name and bottle design.
Amber Intense is more green and masculine. Especially the drydown is actually very similar to the ground-scent of Gucci Envy for men. Envy is more complex and deeper, and it has another opening. But there is definately a similarity.

jackcrew
jackcrew

This is a truly, incredibly good fragrance. I admit that the top notes are nothing special. Might as well use soap because its very barbershop clean. When I first spray it on, its really nothing special. But once a few minutes pass and the middle and base notes hit...WOW. The dry down is so beautiful and it radiates sunshine. The fragrance is masculine but soft. Predominately a fall/winter scent but I will use this every chance I get. Gorgeous.

hi
finally i have tried it for 2 days now
unfortunately that's one of the disgusting fragrance i ever purchase
so bad mixing ,so awful,
i just ignore that from prada ,and i looking forward to have the lovely
infusion by prada

mariomario

finally i received the pack today,i applied one spray on my wrist
is to powerful i mean really powerful, i get confused,now after one hour
is perry lighter,
i dont know ,i think prada infusion is better
so i shuld wait until tonight

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

Outstanding! This one could easily move into my top five. I got the gift set as well so it was a definite score. It is different enough from the original to stand on its own. Well done Prada!

CoolHandLuke87
CoolHandLuke87

I smelled this and i went yes! a nice amber/floral that a guy could pull off. A good in your face wood smell. A nice clean and floral smell to fight with the earthy wood and some what there patchouli!! Not to mention spice from the myrrh... BUT i find myrrh to be seasonal. It reminds me of Christmas and the only time i go to church. I couldn't justify getting a bottle of it at this time. I can see why people love it. Its well done masculine scent; amber, wood, floral, clean and spice.
Probably, a must try in my book, by that i mean TRY & try before a buy. Defiantly seasonal (winter and a exact spot on my calendar.)
With that said, well done Prada.

Redpula
Redpula

I bought a 100ml. boxed but I received a gift set with aftershave balm.. I just got it at post office.

It's good coz of the free balm.

A spray on paper smells awesome but I have to check on my skin after work.

Review to follow.

parfemđija
parfemđija

Pure sex.. in a bottle... amazing scent!

Smyle12
Smyle12

While this is an incredible fragrance, the atomizer is not. Basically, it works like this: The bottle arrives in the best packaging of any fragrance I've come across with a black metal top on it. The circular atomizer you see in the picture and a tiny plastic straw are included separately within the packaging. You must then remove the cap, attach the straw to the bottom of the atomizer and then attach the atomizer to the bottle's now open top. It is advised on the side of the bottle to keep it upright once the atomizer has been attached (to avoid leakage, although I've never seen any). A large push-button adourns the face of the round, black circular part and, when pressed, releases the fragrance. This is the IDEA anyway. In reality, it actually releases more air then it does perfume, but hey, it looks awesome, and smells divine, so really, who can complain?

Full review forthcoming...

carlitosito
carlitosito

could some body tell me how the cap works? it looks interesting! how does the atomizer work!
this is not a review though sorry guys :(

Erok32
Erok32

Take the original and replace the heavy soapiness with some incense and boozy vanilla. This is stil soapy and clean smelling, but is much darker and sweeter than the original. I like them both but this one wins hands down.

Deetron
Deetron

This is an excellent autumn/winter men scent! On my skin it is somewhere between Prada Amber Pour Homme and L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain with a little bit of Kokorico by Jean Paul Gaultier…
Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense is rich, warm and seductive scent. It’s not a loud one, but it’s not quiet at the same time. On my skin it has very good longevity and good silage. It’s not a monster in terms of projection, but this perfume is designed to be elegant, smart and classy.
It can be easily your signature scent. Great work from Prada!

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

This fragrance is elegance and confidence in a bottle. It starts off soapy and sweetly incensy which I think is the bergamot, myrrh and amber. The soapyness remains throughout but settles down and the vanilla/myrrh/patchoulli/amber take you through the remainder of the lifespan which is about 7-8 hours on MY skin. I have pretty dry skin so I definitely will spray my clothes to get the full life out of it, which can easily get you over 12 hours. It is very potent, but relaxingly subtle, meaning dont need much and you will project this stuff and people will easily smell you but it's not one of those sharp, headache inducing scents,and it isn't one of those SUper Vanilla sweet frags that case nausea. Overall I give it a 9/10 because it's a great quality and long lasting potent fragrance that is suprisingly affordable. The bottle is very pretty as well.

zelmu
zelmu

Anyone noticed CK Euphoria Intense shares the same notes, Euphoria with more notes though.

This one is warmer, spicier and overall better in every way. Exactly as expected from Prada.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Beautiful warm spicy scent. Well blended with loads of character. Lasting power is excellent. Another Prada winner!

kellz1843

I love this fragrance because it smells very clean, yet sexy at the same time. It is clean enough with what seems to be a trademark Prada-like freshness to wear with a suit and tie to a business meeting, yet sexy enough to end up having drinks with the hot secretary rocking the short skirt afterwards. It's classiness and sexiness adds to its uniquenes and versatility. All in all, this is a very enjoyable fragrance to wear.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Beautiful and emotionally unavailable. Just a hint of almost-chewy amber, almost-clean soap, almost-amorous musk.

Chanel Man
Chanel Man

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense is beautiful. This is an amazing fragrance of superb quality. It just makes me feel good when I wear it. The great thing about all the Prada men's scents is wanting to experience them all day. Quality, quality, quality.

Roqfort
Roqfort

As with all my heart I hate Prada Amber, which is probably the worst smell that I know, fortunately castrated on Intense those disgusting soapy and detergent notes, and instead, they made something velvety, beautifully and really impressive "things".
The whole gives the impression of understated elegance. Not too sweet, and more dark and classy. I feel that this will be my favorite on colder days. Lasts ages (it's EDP).
Great scent in a beautifull, flat bottle...

mse-21
mse-21

I used to wear and enjoy the soapy ambery scent of original Prada Amber Pour Homme. To my surprise this one is nothing like the original. I mean you definitely can detect those soapy ambery notes here as well, but this one is geared toward a completely different direction. In fact here the scent is dominated by a combination of Patchouli and Myrrh. The soapy ambery base of original is present here to provide a gentle and clean foundation to the whole composition.

In the dry down I get a very nice scent with a classic touch. Given the strong presence of Patchouli and clean basenotes, the only scent comes to my mind is Givenchy Gentleman. Albeit Patchouli is supported by Citrus and Chypre notes there while here it is combined with Myrrh and soapy ambery basenotes.

I really liked the sleek and slim bottle of original with beautiful light blue juice inside. The change in color had negative aesthetic effect on the bottle IMO and this one looks more like a mechanical tool!

It has moderate longevity and projection. Overall: 8.5 out of 10.

biggerm82
biggerm82

A fragrance truly worthy of a 10/10. On top of that, you have a great house backing it and the bottle is absolutely beautiful. Who doesn't like black? There's no gimmicks, it smells exactly like it's marketed. A darker, thicker and almost gourmand (if I can say) version of the original. Previous reviews say a "grown up version of YSL's La Nuit" and I agree!

It does have a chocolate vibe, somehow. I guess it's the vanilla (which you don't smell), masked in the darker notes. I can smell the original Amber poke it's head out for just a minute or two, during the top and middle transition. Other than that, this one is doing it's own thing. Take the original, take the soap out, replace it with a spicy, high quality shaving cream and add a shot of a tarless, smooth A*Men (That's right, I said it!). Think "fresh out of an Italian barbershop", but you were there after midnight. ;)

SpaceDog
SpaceDog

Damn, this is good stuff!

gzalvares
gzalvares

Are you looking for elegance? You found it! Amber and intense patchouli, myrrh and vanilla around, a light touch of bergamot breaking the sweet.

brs
brs

I hate amber, but I love the intense one

nightwish2011
nightwish2011

Incredible scent. Smells very rich and interesting. To me it is a very smooth spicy kind of scent. The sweet element in this one is very soothing and sophisticated. Definitely one of my top favorites.

10 our of 10.

blueberry
blueberry

Amber Intense PH is my favorite Prada fragrance so far. TOTALLY UNISEX and I am so glad I bought it blindly for myself.
For the lovers of refined, smooth chocoloaty feel in fragrances. The amber, myrrh, patchouli and vanilla all boil down to this chocolate sensation and will keep you warm throughout the day, without making you oversweetened.The bergamot touch is fairly detectable but still it adds a nice flavour. One can feel the quality of ingredients in this composition - they all contribute to the wonderful effect achieved.
Sillage: medium (this is an enveloping rather than projecting fragrance)
Longevity: excellent
If you like darker, oriental, slightly chocolaty, warm but not too sweet clean scents - it's for you, regardless of your gender.
I have become a Prada girl thanks to this masterpiece.

spirit966
spirit966

Great frag, I agree that it is a grown up La Nuit De L'homme. Both are signature scent worthy for the winter.
The midnotes of myrtth and patch reminds me ever so slightly of a touch of chocolate which is very nice indeed. I like YSL's opening more but this has a much deeper and interesting drydown and last ages, although prjection is moderate in fall weather and weak for super cold weather.

Opens with green soapy bergamont and then quickly goes into the chocolate vanilla drydown which is quite beautiful.

Sadly, I have too many frags now and as such willing to part with either one.

I guess I prefer Tobacco Vanille and Musc Ravageur over these 2.

foxmulder_FBI
foxmulder_FBI

The opening of Amber Pour Homme Intense is a very sharp and strong patchouli and amber mix. It is not too soapy, but there is certainly the idea. I don't get any of the other notes until later on in the fragrance. In fact, I never get the listed bergamot note.

The middle of this one is quite interesting because of the arrival of the Myrrh. To be frank, I bought this fragrance as soon as I saw myrrh listed, because it is one of my favorite smells in the world. The middle is where the myrrh lovers will be rewarded. The patchouli mostly fades into an amber and resinous myrrh scent for the life of the cologne.

The base of this one, however, is very heavy on vanilla and amber. After the middle myrrh fades, a strong vanilla amber base is revealed for the resulting life of the fragrance.

The middle and base, to me, are where this fragrance shines. I am not a huge fan of the opening, but once it evolves, this is one of my favorites. Good projection and longevity, a great cologne for the colder weather, day and night.

partan.iran
partan.iran

بوی شیک
کمی شیرین و البته پودری
در کل بوی زیبایی دارد

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very disappointed in this one. There is nothing "intense" about this compared to the original. It just have a little more vanilla and it's not soapy like the original. Its no stronger in projection nor does it last any longer than the original (I think the original has better longevity). I like the original better than this and I wouldn't waste my money buying this. 6/10.

Andrew27
Andrew27

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Opening: The opening is very woody, with myrrh tempering the initial patchouli/amber open. The first time I applied Prada Amber Intense Pour Homme, I was a bit overwhelemed. The amber/patchouli opening is intense, to say the least. While masculine, the open easily lends for the possibility of a feminine dry down, which scared me; luckily, the dry down is anything but feminine. Expect a 45 min to 1 hour open.

Mid-Notes: The transition into the dry down, for me, is a nice change. The mid-notes of vanilla take hold, but the amber / patchouli open remains prevalent. Expect the mid notes to begin 1 hour in through the 2 hour mark.

Dry Down: Absolutely fantastic; Easily the best dry down of any cologne I currently own. As a fan of clean colognes, the dry down into almost a talcum powder infused with the woody, opening hign notes balanced by the vanilla mid-notes is as close to the perfect sensual / clean balance imaginable. For fans of powdery, clean fragrances, this is a 10+/10 dry down, easily. The opening notes remain through the life of the fragrance, although subdued.

Sillage / Projection: While the open projects 3+ feet, the dry down projects at a 1+ foot. However, given my imagined purpose of the fragrance (please see below in final thoughts), it is perfect. The opening notes are to attract; the dry down is to keep close.

Longevity: I usually get 7-9 hours; however the next morning, can pick up the mid notes and dry down on my clothes.

Appropriateness: Cold nights. Given the strength of the open, this fragrance would strangle / choke many with any added projection. Please, for all of us, use this with others in mind.

Final Thoughts: This is an extremely situational fragrance. If used on a cold, winter night, you win; if used in the summer, people choke and die. If used appropriately, the open turns heads, but the dry down keeps the interest. This is a perfect fragrance for men with a love interest who want to keep her interested all night. From open to dry down, this is a sensual masterpiece.

ikipi
ikipi

Personally I quite remember YSL La Nuit de l'Homme, only Prada Amber Intense is more serious, with a vintage twist.

hamze
hamze

very nice 10/10

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

It reminds me of a spicier, woodier version of the original Prada Amber PH, which I also love. You can tell there's a difference but you can also detect the heart of Amber in Intense.

I give this scent a 9/10.

Quick impression based upon one spray to arm while sampling other fragrances at the same time: A "rubbery" vanilla with patchouli and myrrh. It's a bit too simple and "synthetic" smelling for me, but if the notes sound good to you, I think you'll like this fragrance. I'd rather wear something like Mesmerize for Men by Avon, which is similar but more complex and has no rubbery quality, though it doesn't have the powdery qualities that this one does.

VanAllan
VanAllan

A mature balsamic fragrance for confident men.
Strong patchouli with a bergamot green top smell may seem 'oldish' to some people but the drydown after worth waiting for...
You will be rewarded with a delightfull oriental aura, not too strong, but smooth, warm and distinct, because the amber/myrrh/vanilla combination is doing a really great job here.
Nothing harsh, nothing soapy just a sexy long-lasting and inviting smell for fall/winter occasions. My rank 8.8/10. ☣☣☣☣

calyx93
calyx93

Very nice - I'm really enjoying this over the original version. As many have said, the original has a rather soapy, barber shop quality that's clean and aromatic in a vintage sort of way. However, I was always rather ambivalent about wearing it - either I would pass over it while looking for my day's fragrance, or I would wear it, but constantly smell that soapy, sweet smell that somehow made me feel queasy or uneasy.

This is such a wonderful refinement - the more sparse nature and higher quality components shine in a wonderfully subtle way. The vanilla is just perfect and marries beautifully and seamlessly with the labdanum, myrrh and patchouli - it feels like a solid composition. And, despite it being an EDP in strength, after the initial application it becomes a rich skin scent - never pushy - very smooth and persistent.

Bravo to Prada for releasing this! Amber PH Intense really fills a gap in my scent collection for these cool fall days and will certainly warm me in the coming winter.

jonnyboy81

One word describes this cologne, "amazing". I enjoyed the original but this is much better. This is muskier than the original. I tend to favor muskier, stronge colognes though. This smells like the original mixed with A Men and then add a little musk. Great job Prade and thank you!!

William Liang
William Liang

I like the original PAPH..I adore the Intense even more! I find the Intense with less soapiness compared with the original and I don't find it feminine on my skin or for my nose. The opening of Intense comes like a storm and then the dry-down settles into some smooth slightly powdery amber that gives me a calming vibe. I do get some kind of vintage scent which is why the Intense may suit more for the mature guys. Overall PAPHI is a beautiful, alluring scent that when you put on this fragrance, it is like "dancing" in-and-out..seducing you!

daklog
daklog

This fragrance almost explodes out of the cap when you first spray it. You are initially greeted with a very green type of smell with the patchouli and bergamot flirting with one another like two hormonal teenagers. This doesn't last long however, as the green, zesty smell is gone almost as quickly as it had arrived. Left in its place is a gorgeous blend of amber and myrrh with just the subtlest hint of vanilla to keep things a little soft and sweet. It smells like someone found a log that had been on fire hours ago and lit a stick of incense with whatever embers had still been kindling at the bottom.

Something about this fragrance gives me a flashback to a vintage smell from many years ago. It has the depth of a vintage scent combined with the playfulness of a modern one. This parfum was made with top quality ingredients since none of it smells synthetic to me in the least bit. The sillage is quite powerful, as this scent lasts well over 8 hours for me. My girlfriend says this smells like "old man" to her, and I can understand her statement since this fragrance is far from the boring fresh citrus aquatics every body else is wearing. But to me this is what a mature, sharp dressed man should be wearing.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

I'm sitting here chuckling at the reviews calling this "old man" as a) I'm a woman and b) under 30. Dunno what it is about my skin chemistry that lets me pull off masculines in an androgynous, Annie Lennox style, but I'm thankful for it as it means me and the hubby can share scents!

Prada Intense Pour Homme on my skin is primarily patchouli, amber, and myrrh with enough vanilla to keep it from going are-you-wearing-your-husband's-shirt manly. I'm not too much of a fun of the bergamot lurking just beneath the surface, since as always it's creating an ashy tone keeping me from 100% loving this blend. Boo. On my husband the bergamot is way too sour and obnoxious, earning the thumbs' down from him as well.

frogman
frogman

It has certain age limit on it and it is suited for a mature guy over 40.I imagine "Martin Scorsese" would wear It. Very classic and old style, It goes extremely well with coat or black suit. I like it but its not for me ,my girlfriend said: "you smell like an old man". I am 32. IMO the original is better.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A real intense version of Amber Pour Homme. Oriental, dark, patchouli takes care of the fragrance with myrth that makes this dark and a kind of a mild sweet smoky scent, unique at this moment. After hours, the drydown with amber and a touch of vanilla, remember me temples and mosques, far away Gucci Envy. My next purchase for sure, a real oriental frag from Prada!

liam0225
liam0225

cant WAIT to buy this! the patchouli reminds me of mugler fragrances, without it being a copy, it is totally unique, masterpiece by prada. love the bottle too!

apostle
apostle

Sampled this in Nordstrom...initially I was like.."okay...its okay, nothing spectacular". Later that evening I was sitting in a talent show and leaned my head against my fist and got a whiff of Prada Intense and kept going back to my wrist, like wow this is an intense, alluring fragrance that keeps you coming back for more...love it and can't wait to wear it...you know...at night...black car, black suit, or all black...it's seductive and yes...mysterious...love it...

junglefun
junglefun

I've sampled it twice and both times I've quite liked it. Both times it lasted a long time on my skin and was great. I think I will by this come fall.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

The core of Prada L'eau Ambree, with an intensified spiced outer layer. There's also an Earthy aura, those with acquired tastes can appreciate. With added strength, PAPHI (Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense) is just as sweet as it is spicy. Progressing into a smooth powdery, almost chalky dry-down, and the bergamot has completely sunken into the notes beyond detection. Who cares about bergamot? It's an oriental fougere!

Many noses follow a mysterious chocolate note when I wear this. I think it may be the effect Myrrh has on my skin

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense comes like a storm, but ironically the dry-down is calm and tranquil. It took some time to truly love this, as it is reminiscent of John Varvatos 10th Anniversary, but I now see it in it's own light. Makes me wonder what Burberry Brit for men would be like as an Eau de Parfum. Keep the EDP for men trend going. We too, appreciate longevity and greater quality.

Akahina
Akahina

This is a ridiculous scent! (And I mean that in a good way.) After burning my nose out at the counter at Nordstrom's trying to find a new fragrance, the sales lady told me I should try this one. Amazing... She made a sample vile for me to take and before I left I sprayed a little on each wrist and behind one ear.

Starts off a bit bright and fresh and dries to a warm, inviting, confident and sexy scent. And it lasts and lasts. I applied this in the morning and it lasted all night...and I went clubbing until 3am and danced my ass off. The next morning I could still smell this on my wrist. A little goes a long way and I love a fragrance that lasts. Yes, this is an EdP...

I still have the little sample and have used it a second and a third time. LOVE IT! yes, I am going to buy a bottle today before it is gone.

jense
jense

i cant find it anywhere! And on top of that, today a collegue whore it.. f*ck

Update, Got it! Smells amazing

stephan
stephan

It is much more complex than its big brother Amber.
The original Amber is a headache inducing soap.
This one, the Amber intense, has more notes and is not as harsh.
But Intense? No. Longevity and sillage are weaker than with the original Amber.
Nice fragrance, I could buy it.

$$
$$

Dont sleep on this scent its got that dirty clean smell.A must have very unique!

Lazaro
Lazaro

a really nasty fragrance....the essence smell like old socks whit a little bit touch of chocolate...

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

tried this at Debenhams and I must say I got blown away.was thinking of getting Antidote but after sampling this am definitely saving up to get one.It smells great,very very classy.I dont have the original so cant compare but I must say this is a must have.just go out and try.looks like not many online shops or even retail shops/outlets stock it in England as yet apart from Debenhams.It's a bit pricier though but if you love good taste then you got to go for it.happy sniffing to all

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

5 Compliments in one day after buying this. I don't usually buy a full size in the Dept Store because I hold on until I get a bargain online. I tested this in the Dept Store and returned 4 hours later because the scent was just dancing around me. I kept having wafts of this stunning scent throughout the day and I folded and bought a 100ml EDP. Seriously sexy, dark and very masculine.I get a slight vanilla musk twist in the dry down. The description and notes listed are true. All the girls I know said omg, you smell georgeous and described the fragrance as so sexy. So get a bottle you won't be dissapointed for sure.

First blast is all about a patchouli madness with a really weak musky note. Then it becomes very incensey sweet powdery woody. The drydown is nice, but I'm not a fan of the beginning. Plus, I don't see a relation to the original Amber pour Homme at all. I don't get any soapy or amber quality in this intense version. It's just very different.

By reading what I am saying here, it sounds like I just described Narciso Rodriquez for Him but I find Narciso works much better on me with its alluring musk and patchouli without the silly amber vanilla in this Prada Homme Intense. It's funny how similar ingredients in these two but work out so differently.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I tried this today and it is extremely confusing. First spray and i thought i was in scent heaven. It had a bit of the original mixed with a little truffle effect....great i thought, this one is a winner. Ten minutes later and it smells really retro and talcum powdery and when i say retro i am talking tabac or old spice. Broken-hearted i didnt go back to it for a few hours but when i did i was delighted by the vanilla tinged almost amenesque dry down.

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

i just got this one from Nordstrom and its great! Its different than the original Amber one. i would even say that its a new perfume. Very chic lush and distinct. Great for the special occasions. Im gonna wear it during cold weather or at cold nights. Its a definite try and as everything that Prada produces its great. Get it for sure

jonnyboy81

Might smell good. I love the first release. This flanker has the identical notes that Givenchy's Pi Neo has. I love Pi Neo. So, If it smells similar, that would be good.

jonr951
jonr951

I want and need this now! I could not be more excited! LOVE Prada! New most exciting release for me this yr! Is it here yet?! LOL!

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense by Prada 4.31 out of 5 based on 704 ratings and 155 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prada Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prada Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense by Prada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense by Prada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.