Designers » N-Q » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men
dislike

I have it: 1404 I had it: 454 I want it: 709 My signature: 46

leather
Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Prada for men Pictures

Prada Amber Pour Homme is the first Prada fragrance, launched after the female one, also in oriental composition based upon amber. The perfumer Daniela Roche-Andrier created the composition in four basic accords : Amber – the main accord, rich and complex oriental base which includes amber, vanilla, labdanum, Tonka and patchouli; Fougere – or the aromatic accord with a remarkable soapy note, includes notes of pelargonium, vetiver, orange blossom and myrrh at the heart; Cologne – the refreshing citrusy top of bergamot, mandarin, neroli and cardamom; Leather – leather note is present at the base of the composition ( leather, saffron and sandalwood). Miuccia Prada, the granddaughter of the founder, who turned grandfather’s leather goods design into a large company, personally took part in creating of this perfume. “"I just tried to imagine what I would like if I were a man.” Maybe due to the fact that it was created by a female hand, the fragrance is not aggressive at all, like it might have been expected from an oriental fragrance with leather and amber. Instead, it is very elegant and masculine gentle. Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) was created by Daniela (Roche) Andrier and Miuccia Prada.

Mandarin Orange Neroli Bergamot Cardamom

Orange Blossom Musk Vetiver Geranium Myrrh

Labdanum Leather Sandalwood Tonka Bean Patchouli Vanilla Saffron

Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) Fragrance Reviews

JKCMUTCH
JKCMUTCH

This was my first blind buy. I decided to purchase it due to the overwhelming amount of positive reviews. And holy hell, I'm glad I did.

This is a fragrance that takes time to develop. You probably won't like the top notes - I don't particularly care for them either. I find the opening to be overly soapy, almost like laundry detergent. However, after a minutes, the floral notes begin to subside, and the vanilla and leather begin to show through. Then as the dry-down takes effect, Prada Amber becomes a clean, sensual, warm scent. It has just the right mix of soapiness and smokiness to keep it from being too offensive. The alluring, classy accords are best suited for formal attire and date nights. It can also work as an office scent, as long as you're okay with your coworkers giving you some extra attention.

The longevity is very impressive. The first time I wore Prada Amber, I applied one spray to my chest, then one to my wrist and rubbed it in (I prefer to keep a relatively small scent bubble around me). This juice lasted me a good 10 hours. I could still smell it on my wrist after a long day on the town with friends.

The projection is above average, so be cautious when applying. Although you probably won't offend anyone with this cologne, it's best not to bombard everyone's senses within a ten-foot radius. If worn properly, you'll receive quite a few compliments while wearing this juice, especially from the fairer sex. So be prepared to turn heads and garner a few smiles.

Basically, this stuff is pure elegance in a bottle. Prada Amber Pour Homme is a dynamic masterpiece that should be in every man's collection.

Projection: 8/10
Versatility: 6/10
Overall: 8/10

SC83
SC83

While Amber Pour Homme is a clean and classy scent, it comes off as a little bit too floral for my taste. The saffron seems to overpower every other note in this fragrance. Try it. You may like it.

I have a very casual/athletic type of style. To me, this seems made for a more professional man (think suit and tie). Not a terrible fragrance by any means, it's just not for me. Longevity is great. 5.5/10.

Soul37
Soul37

"Mr. Clean gets rid of dirt and grime and grease in just a minute,
Mr. Clean will clean your whole house and everything that's in it.
Mr. Clean Mr. Clean." - Throwback

This fragrance is Mr. Clean. Cleaner than the board of health.
My SIGNATURE FOR WORK.
A workhorse. 10 hours easy.
Distinguished, confident, mature, solid.
I don't wear this to garner compliments or feel like the alpha dog in the room.
The compliments will however come with this one.
This is a personal fragrance. Very uplifting. Very comforting.
Outstanding stuff!
Hope this never changes or goes through unneeded reformulations.
Love the Intense version also.

Dandee
Dandee

Soap
Saffron
Leather
Myrrh

Was the smell of Adam,just the time before grab the apple.
A chastity jewel from Prada.

thebla5t
thebla5t

Trying this fragrance only once is doing yourself a disservice. No one likes this upon first try, but they love it after the second and third.

The opening is an ultra clean, high-end, masculine soapy smell-- simultaneously casual and professional.

The drydown is something entirely separate from the initial accords of this fragrance. The soapy smell gives way to a creamy vanilla and leather. Extremely well blended.

The opening: Clean, energetic, fresh.
The drydown: Warm, seductive, alluring.

A dynamic fragrance for men.

tsuzumi
tsuzumi

Probably a masterpiece--anyway, it is one of the very few that I have used up completely and want to buy a new bottle.

The first time I sniffed it, it seemed to have two facets: a barber shop-type on the one hand, and a sweet vanilla leather on the other. The two didn't really flow together in my nose. On a skin test, I got the soapy vibe that so many have mentioned. I have discovered that this one can be very different depending on how it is applied. A wet-spot application on clothes or skin will give that strong soapy note. It is also long-lasting. Try a walk-through-the-mist application (very light, keeping target area a bit further from the sprayer) and it becomes candied violets and purple necco wafers. I guess these are the top notes, and it takes some light reapplication to maintain this state. But this is what I go for more than the wet-spot application for this one.

This is really unique--no one has suggested a smell-alike for this one. It works well wearing a suit or more formal outfits, but I also wear it with more casual clothes. Unique and versatile.

bart4543
bart4543

class in a bottle, so clean and elegant, works in any situation especially if you are dressed nice. can be worn in any season except a hot summer day. imagine the most expensive soap your mind can fathom, that is how this perfume smells like. it smells very simple but if you really look for it you can find a lot of different notes in this beautiful composition.

brucifer
brucifer

This reminds me of Johnson & Johnsons baby powder... bit too powdery for my liking.

Pete89
Pete89

This is the ideal office/work fragrance for fall/winter. It's fresh, inoffensive, really classy - as you would expect from Prada - and, also important, long-lasting. I get 8+ hours from this fragrance. Can definitely recommend!

Redbeard
Redbeard

Very synthetic and strange. Opens with a candied windex vibe that I'd argue is very unisex (sometimes a hard thing to achieve, so I repsect that!). It should burn, or it should be too chemical, but it doesn't until later, which is even stranger. There's a little spice and a little violet (?), but it's just unendingly sweet, with a little of that devilish note that I always interpret as cherry. And as usual, the amber sweetness is shrill and piercing, like honey on steroids, and this undoes the breeziness that I suspect the other notes are trying to impart (they remind me of Sure Original Scent antiperspirant). I find it only indirectly soapy, in the way that Geir's cherry is soapy, or that Richard James' heavy men's room florals are soapy. The base is a bit more woody, but with a medicinal cherry wood like M7. Ultimately, though, rather than using soap that smells like this, I'd more likely go get some Sure and some Geir. I've graduated from this type of fragrance.

Suvi23
Suvi23

Affordable fragrance, luckily.

Hmm, when I was a kid, my grandparents had a soap in their bathroom all the time which Prada Amber Pour Homme reminds me of. Before trying this, Bijan Nude was the soapiest fragrance I had smelled, but this is even soapier. Vanilla, saffron, musk and neroli are the dominant notes in my opinion. I just cannot describe how much I love this.

It is clean, sophisticated, classy, elegant. Perfect for office work. It is so amazing with a suit and a tie. It gives me more confidence, it makes people think you are rich, it is just magnificent.

I am also shocked about its performance. I expected it to be a weak scent but hell no, it is not. It lasts about 11-12 hours with a moderate projection. It needs at least 5-6 hours before it gets close to my skin, but I still get some whiffs even after 10 hours. I have realised that it performs better in a cooler weather though. All year round scent in my opinion.

There will definitely be a second bottle and considering how often I use this, it may come sooner than later.

Projection: 10/10
-------------------------
Overall: 30/30

*** MASTERPIECE BADGE ***

TheSultan
TheSultan

smells very uncomplicated and solid thruot. Nothing about it, confuses me or turned me off. Powdery and laced with soft musk. You have to appreciate simplicity to understand what this stands for. It's not throwing a thousand notes at you, and that's where this stands out. I can use this in an office or where ever. This is one that I can lean on, bcuz its very multi-purpose. I love it. Not really unisex, but not completely brutish. Beautiful, beautiful stuff. Smooth and elegant and delicious.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

A true modern classic. A scent of wellbeing.
It smells like class. It smells clever. It's soothing. Unquestionably elegant.
Well blended, lasting and with a projection.

The scent itself is clean yet sweet and fresh, with an aromatic-rooty-woody scenery behind it, calm and sleek.

I really like it on males but I love it on myself, for myself, the most.

calculus314
calculus314

This reminds of some guys that I know. You know, the ones that have zero body hair, can't grow a full bread, and get friend-zoned by every female they encounter. Those guys.

Overall it's a clean, luxurious, soapy scent. However, I feel like they got carried away when they decided to add vanilla in it.

***Update***
People are comparing this to Mugler Cologne. Stop. Prada Amber is a vanilla bomb. Mugler Cologne is not.

stevenandsuch
stevenandsuch

This was the first designer fragrance that I ever got. I know some people say that it is for more mature men, but I was about 18 when I got this one and I'm 23 now and still loving it. Could just be my skin chemistry though.

I use about 2 sprays on the neck and one on a wrist and do a rub together.

I have noticed that this fragrance can be a bit much if I get into the car to go out just after putting it on, but the harshness soon dies down.

Although I wear this whenever I start longing for the scent, I would recommend it for more formal occasions such as going out to a nice restaurant or fancy party.

I get quite a lot of compliments from friends and family on this one. Definitely a keeper!

reboulenorellana
reboulenorellana

Huele a una mezcla de jabón y talco de alta calidad, con ciertos toques florales. A las mujeres les fascina. Es una compra a ciegas. Su precio es estándar, esta por los 50 dolares y es uno de los mejores perfumes que tienen ese olor a limpieza y clase que esta en el mercado.

silentman26
silentman26

Intriquing ... warm ... mix of vanilla and saffron ... long lasting... becomes one with the body ... one of the best ... kudos Prada

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

On me, Prada Amber is very resinous. I get a very warm incense from it! Along with a good vibe of leather, vanilla and saffron.

I think this scent can work almost everytime. It just doesn't care if it's summer, winter, humid, or dry! It just sits there on your skin and makes you smell good.

This is a very reliable perfume. Very classy when you need it to be with that expensive suit that you want to wear for that special occasion and very easygoing with those baggy jeans and shirt for a day out or at work.

I really like it... Now... I really want it. My only complaint is that I wish it lasted a little longer. Though the lasting power is not even that bad, but you can't help it but to feel sad when it's all gone!

Monsieur Limonade
Monsieur Limonade

Very soapy, clean, and slightly floral fragrance, but I can't detect it on my skin after about an hour (even if I sniff my wrist), I love the smell, but terrible performance on my skin.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Soapy, versatile scent. longevity 8-10 hours.

JF Dufour
JF Dufour

I like wear it for work (office). It's smell soft, clean and professionnal. Prada Amber is inofensive, elegant and pleasant.

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

This fragrance reminds me of a more intense and floral version of Mugler Cologne. Must be the few similar notes that Mugler Cologne have in common with this fragrance. All I can say is, if you want a more floral and sharp scent, then Prada Amber is the way to go.

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ Gentleman, this is called Prada Man for a reason. If you have a nicely fitted grey suit? You need to accessorize with the classy confidence this soapy saffron sillage scent projects! If you slip on a navy sport jacket in the cool of the evening? You need to grab for the casual style the neroli, tonka and musky midnotes will carry all night long! Or even when you wear your favorite v-neck sweater? The one she constantly steals! Let her remember you next time with the long lasting lingering sweet vanilla, myrrh and patchouli that remains. This "imho" is what a modern day dandy would wear. It will fit in quite nicely on your shelf between your masculine Platinum Egoiste and sexy Eau Sauvage for those times you simply need pure Class and Sophistication and nothing else will do!
Kind Regards, Plat ~

Saransh101089
Saransh101089

Very warm and cozy. Don't see how this can be enjoyed in summers. Summer nights maybe. A masterpiece, nonetheless.
I might be way off here but to me it slightly resembles Mont Blanc Presence.

Longevity: 5-6 hours in summer/spring and 7-9 in autumn/winter.
Projection: Good for the first 2 hours then close to the body.

lovetribe
lovetribe

maybe the best soapy scent...but the price is too high for the performance about sillage and longevity.
the firsts minutes is a bomb...after 30 minutes became poor!!!!!!
:-(

Anosmic
Anosmic

This most definitely smells like expensive soap to me. It is definitely classy. However, it is also somewhat metrosexual in nature since it is not particularly masculine. I think anyone, male or female, could pull this off and if dressed/groomed nicely, they would garner a lot of compliments.

starmerj
starmerj

This is my fragrance of choice whenever I need to make sure that I leave a good impression on someone.
Prada Amber Pour Homme smells incredibly classy.

The opening is very fresh and soapy with a hint of spice, then it gradually dries to a leather/vanilla "amber-like" base which is still very clean and slightly powdery.

This fragrance would be perfect for those who work in business. It has a luxurious vibe which makes it an excellent suit and tie scent.
However, if worn casually, it smells very clean and pleasant.

It's very noticeable, but not loud in terms of projection. Be careful not to over spray though.
Longevity is excellent on me. People have complimented me on this up to seven hours after application.

What I also find interesting about this scent is that, all though it is very gentlemanly, it can smell lovely on a lady.
I know a lady who wears this and it smells very elegant on her. She prefers this to the ladies Prada Amber.

If you're looking for a fragrance that will make you feel incredibly sophisticated and elegant, then this could be the one for you.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I wanted to like this one. It has all the elements I like: patchouli, amber, the color and bottle are cool, Im a fan of Prada...but this one does not work.
First off, its very very sweet, and its a bit cloying. While distinctive, its off putting. The sweetness is coupled with a chalky smell. While its complex and layered (a good thing) for me it just doesn't work as a whole. Its hard to describe and Im sure its just a personal thing for me. I simply do not like the way it smells.
While I give Prada kudos for creating something truly unique and different, I have to give this one a thumbs down.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

This is the only scent from Prada that I personally actually rate. As it happens, I think it is original, characterful. demure and couth. A good and safe "go to" that always made me feel confident in any situation.

cmbathyal
cmbathyal

Before I stumbled over this beauty..I could describe fresh and clean scent as ADG issey miyake or Channel copies..its just open a new way to smell more elegant in more formal setting. Sometimes its not bad to smell like the most luxurious soap which is not there:-)
In my regular rotation..my olfactory senses grew with it.

lgbailey86

Really this is just a great daily driver.. it's relatively inexpensive.. smells good and clean and professional... will offend no one... completely versatile ... just a mindless go to choice.
This is my signature scent it goes in use all the time through the year when I don't know what else to wear, or nothing else is really in my mind. For special nights though! and certain occasions I have my choices and this is not one of them. But day in and day out it does its job. And I love it dearly for who it is.

Thomaso7
Thomaso7

Nice. clean, but kinda spicy resinous smell, fresh like coming out of the shower with that hot soapy/shampoo steam smell. non-offensive and good for casual use and can work at the office. It can be a little strong sometimes, but usually it is medium. It has depth which I like, but it lacks any seductive quality, and therefore it is quite chaste, but it does smell nice. Because of this perhaps, is the reason for it's versatility. It can be dressy, or in jeans/pants and a nice t-shirt.
Has some spicy-ness in it, maybe the patchouli and the myrhh. Maybe the general smell is the saffron? I don;t know because have not smelled actual saffron yet. I can smell the patchouli, but it is not very strong. Has a waxy resin smell in it to a large degree.
Not at all really a sexy or seductive type scent though, doesn't have any musky-ness or dirty-ness animalistic qualities. just the fresh clean vibe, and it is kinda luxurious. Not the fresh lemon clean, more soap/lather clean.

ziash
ziash

I tried this in store, after 5 minutes it has 90% resemblence to Johnson&Johnson Baby Powder and Baby Lotion.

If you want to smell like new born in an important meeting in office, try this.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

I can always count on Prada to deliver quality, and Prada Man is no exception. I consider this for business meetings and formal occasions. It had solid longevity (7 hrs on me) with medium projection. Clean and soapy, it works year round for me.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Yes, I absolutely agree with fragmanfan below--this opens exactly like J&J shampoo... cool, soapy, clean, with the addition of a metallic vibe.

Saffron in this fragrance reveals it's relation to its iris cousin, keeping the mood aloof and cool with a soft buttery leather feel, it's typical spice profile kept well under guard. Geranium adds a very subtle green floral note. Musk whispers a touch of sweetness to this cool composition. I detect just a hint of cardamom and only well into the dry-down, but it presents itself more like a cold nutmeg-like nuance.

Amber Pour Homme barely warms up to the skin, remaining somewhat transparent and metallic, perhaps even a little glassy. Additionally there isn't a trace of amber to be sniffed out in this fragrance. However the understated note of labdanum lends a suggestion of a musky, ambery resin. There is also a nice little patchouli snap in the dry down accented with a slightly sharp and bitter myrrh note.

Overall, clean, composed, subtle, yet progressive, and not a screamer by any means. This is the type of fragrance I would want my twenty-something sons to wear (when they get there). Refined, elegant, lovely, inviting, in a boy-next-door kind of way.

fragmanfan
fragmanfan

Simply put, this is a Johnson Baby Shampoo opening that turns into a Johnson Baby Oil drydown.

Guinea54
Guinea54

I can't write a review cause its been a long time since I smelled it.. But I will say this.. the guy who wrote.

"Smells like an 80's clothes washing soap... "

Hes exactly right. I remember my friends house used to smell EXACTLY like prada amber when his mom did the laundry.. it always reminded me of a feminine kind of smell.. for that reason I don't think I liked prada amber when I tried it.. but my nose has matured.. so maybe it might be something I would like.. I need to get a sample

Magdalena23
Magdalena23

Incredible! Sensational! Elegant,classy ,but at the same time tender and airy.On the right man,unforgettable...Myrrh adds a note of mystery and magic.And yes,expensive,luxurious soap,but don't you want your partner smelling clean, fresh and inviting? I most certainly do!!!
P.S There is a naughty violet note (orris root ?) that plays hide and seek and appears when you least expect it... I love it when that happens!

dmirror
dmirror

Simple fragrance but it smells great like everybody else commented it smells like a rich or fancy soap the kind they have at Macy's where you can have it made to your liking this scent can kind of be a unisex scent but leans more towards a mans fragrance but anyhow I've gotten plenty of compliments wearing this it's a good year round scent fresh and clean.

renperd
renperd

Rather kind and gentle. At least I don't get that synthetic oiliness I smell in stuff like Hanae Mori, Fleur du Male, Joop!, Rykiel, etc. Prada reminds me of a soap we used when I was a kid. A very inexpensive soap I might add. This is the expensive version of that soap. It has good sillage and lasts long enough on me. And I think it's a good thing smelling of good soap!

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

The brainchild of Miuccia Prada and Daniela Andrier is an oddity!

This creation is the proof that names can be misleading. I don't get all the notes listed here but for me the main body of the fragrance consists of galbanum, orange blossom, jasmine, tonka, sandalwood and loads and loads of clean musk (exaltolide/angelica?). There is no heaviness or balminess, there are no animalic elements nor can I detect a pronounced vanilla note so how does this qualify for an amber is beyond me. Musk and Tonka are actually the key elements that bring this composition together and set the tone. Under their protective veil, sandalwood and immaculate white flowers are united in holy matrimony.

Amber surrounds one with an aura of powdered cleanliness. More than anything else, it projects a sense of sobriety and only offers glimpses to a concealed sensibility.

So why is Amber an oddity? Has anyone wondered why, for all the years of presence on most selves, it hasn't found any real imitators? The truth is that for all its moderation and impeccable balance it is an incredibly difficult fragrance for someone to appropriate. Yes, it is beautiful and amiable and always inoffensive and yet, at the same time unapproachable! The reason for this is its complete lack of sex! Amber doesn't project your typical signals of masculinity but at the same time, despite its pronounced floral facet it is not feminine either. While unisex fragrances lend themselves to either sex, Prada's Amber lends itself to none and there lies the secret of its radically. Amber has more kinship with scents used in holy rituals than with fragrances we use to promote our sex appeal. In an age that cleanliness is the most common trait of most fragrances a soapy creation manages to be extreme, confirming the psychoanalytic saying that celibacy is the ultimate form of perversion.

Are you pervert enough for Amber?

missan

For nearly all colognes there will be people who like them, and there will be people that don´t. So the thing we can do, if we want to, is to tell what we ourselves feel, not that the cologne is exactly what we ourself think, because it isn´t, it will always be different to different people.
For me it´s really bad sharp cold synthetics I can´t dream of wearing, that´s it.

It smells to me about the same as the guy in the ad looks.

MeThePerson

I'll direct you to @Eos down the page... Like I said.

Um...
... @Endymion... ...um, what are you talking about? There's no 'earth/soil/scorched sand' in Terre D'Hermes, likewise no bombs in Viktor&Rolf's fragrances and certainly no well dressed Italian Men in any fragrance with Uomo in the title... (Not in my bottles anyway).

The fact that PRADA called their fragrance Amber is evoking the FEELING of soft warmth just as @Manolete and ian85 said. It is meant, in this case to encapsulate the opulence and elegance that the raw natural ingredient of 'Ambergris' evokes. But then, tell us please, which Amber are you referring to? The colour Amber? The fresh tree resin? The fossilised resin?The ambrette seeds? The chemically synthesised equivalent?... Or the natural Ambergris?
I could go on but I'd just sound stupid rather than wry and too aggressively sarcastic for my own good and attract too much negative feedback.
Let the noses use their imagination and let the customer use their noses to judge whether they like it and it suits them then we can all write about our own opinions on fragrantica.

MeThePerson

Zesty refreshing but not acidic Bergamot in the top note, touch of Cardomom drying smoothly down into the earthy Saffron, soft Patchouli and Amber base with the Suede and Leather accord that gives it that slightly dry, subtle note. Bearing in mind Miuccia PRADA worked with Daniella Andrier specifically to create this as how a woman wants a man to smell, it works very well. It is supposed to represent an immaculately tailored and presented man who frequents expensive old fashioned Milanese barber shops. I love it when I want to feel calm and cool- headed and business like. It also helps that my wife loves it to bits. Funnily enough she associates it with an area manager she had who was charming, kind, immaculate and extremely business like who then went on to become the CEO of one the worlds best known high street names... My wife likes worldly wise, rugged but fair and intelligent men who may get dirty when they need to but can present themselves professionally when required. If that means smelling clean and immaculate when still dressed in jeans, hoodie and skate shoes so she snuggles up to me? Then I'll keep wearing it.
My very first time wearing this I had to describe it like this:
It's the sort of fragrance that you react to when you can't smell it anymore, when the wearer has walked past or gone out of the room... so incredibly smooth and subtle that, instead of feeling that bite within the nose that most people find with a fragrance... well,... Amber Pour Homme bypasses your nose, then rolls around the back of your skull before you smell it. Beautiful.

sNaKey
sNaKey

Just from the start, this perfume does not stands out with any note, they all blend in very well and get a linear smell of ... SOAP! Seriously, Prada? Another soapy?

If you concentrate, you can sense a bit of vanilla, but everyone that passes you will say that you are wearing something soapy-creamy.

I would not pay for this.

6 / 10

Endymion
Endymion

@Manolete
Your analogy is wrong. If a fragrance is called Amber it absolutely should contain ambert, however if a perfume is called anything else which is not a fragrance ingredient no one should expect to containt it.

Manolete
Manolete

I keep reading reviews like "there's no amber in the notes list"... There's no opium in "Opium", no ink in "Encre noire", no tweed in "GIT", and i can continue all day... Just get over it,

ian85
ian85

I agree, such association is called amber... But I think this fragrance is very far from other ambers like Anbre sultan, ambre russe... Prada amber remains something soapy, headache inducing for me...

ken.z008
ken.z008

vetiver+labdanum+myrrh+patchouli+musk+vanilla+tonka=amber

erkanarda
erkanarda

Amber Man?They forgot to add amber :)

Knows2Nose
Knows2Nose

So this is called Prada Amber and there's no amber in it. Note even a single note. Ok...

southchicagoray
southchicagoray

I tried, I reeaaally tried to find something in this that I just couldn't get. I fooled myself once or twice into thinking that it was classy, it was like an expensive smelling soap but I'll I smelled was cheap hairspray...and those were the exact comments I overheard a few time. "it smells like hairspray", "someone is wearing my grandma's pefume" as I fell back in shame. It also give me a headache...this just isn't for me.

SneezeFreeze
SneezeFreeze

I took about 1 year to write this review and my 100ml bottle of Prada APH is at 60%. There is nothing groundbreaking about this and yes it smells like a soap - an expensive one. But it is the simplicity and elegance that made me reach out to this beauty whenever i want to feel relaxed. Slightly sweet and smoky at times as the myrrh pops out here and there but most part remains soapy. I do enjoy this for office, travel and when i don't want to smell like anything else :)

Smell - 9/10
Versatility - 10/10
Longevity - 8/10
Projection - 5/10
Value for money - 9/10

erkek
erkek

One word; Elegant.

Whether you love or hate them scents..

8.6/10

Freakmotion
Freakmotion

This one sure is interesting, but I cannot seem to love it, although I like it very much. The smell of soap, yeah, I suppose you can categorize it like that... But I firmly believe it has more edge to it.

It's a clean smell, but a tricky one: sometimes it leans toward the classy and sometimes towards the carefree guy... But in both cases, he's a gentleman.

The longevity is very good, but it's a selfpleasure scent. Others will notice you only when in close range.

All in all, a really good scent... But a bit expensive for what it really is.

ColognesInCollege
ColognesInCollege

I love this fragrance. What people say about it being evocative of most expensive soap you can thing of is 100% accurate. Whenever I feel like shit in the mornings, this is the scent I reach for. It is impossible to not feel both clean and fresh while wearing this. On those mornings when I am flat, this is a godsend. Not many scents have the ability to influence my mood as much as this one does.

Clean, elegant, sophisticated and class are all words synonomous with Prada Amber

El Aurens
El Aurens

Exciting soap. Not something I can say for any other fragrance or soap for that matter. Artful,beautiful, classy. No question unisex. Never met a woman that smelled like this, but sure would like to.

Rating 8.75/10

fuggerone
fuggerone

had a bottle right when it came out in 2001, very strong and aromatic..guess reformulation had it toned down, got a new bottle today and it smells quite light..

heartcooksbrain
heartcooksbrain

I purchased a sample of this after reading a lot of positive reviews about it on both here and youtube, and I can not stress enough the importance of TRYING this before BUYING it. I love Luna Rossa, and I was almost sure I would enjoy this one, but that was not the case. The comparisons to soap are dead on, but in my opinion it's not a good smelling soap, and could EASILY become cloying and maybe headache inducing. I've seen where people say this smells luxurious and very expensive, but all I get from it is an overbearing soap that my grandma would use. I'm pretty easy to please with fragrances. I can usually see redeeming qualities in most fragrances without just being disgusted with them, but this one nearly makes me sick if I repeatedly smell it. A definite pass for me.

robertodoi
robertodoi

On paper I felt something like Kouro´s drydown, very subtle but noticeable enough to offend some people that smelled the paper too. As I like Kouros, certainly Prada Amber will be one more in my collection.

Roman86
Roman86

Prada Amber Pour Homme has been around for a while now and has been hyped until no end. I had a full wearing of this during a cold afternoon and it still performed well despite being a clean-smelling fragrance. This does strike me as a fragrance that doesn't immediately impress because it's geared more as a versatile and sophisticated fragrance without a loud, mainstream character. I will say that I like Amber Pour Homme very much and I can see it growing on me with more wearings. I feel you cannot fully appreciate this one during the first couple of wearings. I've invested in a big 100 ml bottle so there will be plenty of wearings where that came from with this one.

jestech
jestech

I just don't dig this one. It has a strong alcohol aftershave scent on me. The drydown is only slightly better.

zararbutt
zararbutt

Bought this one day before yesterday.
This cologne is not for everyone, initially tried a single spray at a store almost a n year ago and got offended, could not stand.
This year once again decided to give it another go and started liking it. Immediate upon first spray got a sharp amberic burst but gave it some time and it settled as one of classic. Nevertheless very soapy but a luxurious soap. Never blind buy this, especially this one is not for any beginner.

hermesfan01
hermesfan01

My lovely wife send me a message that she bought a 100 ml of this bottle, i cant wait to get home and smell this masterpiece.

frog23
frog23

I tried to give this a go, I HATE powdery scents. This is one of them. I thought I might be able to get passed it and let it sit. Still hated it hours later. If you are not a fan of powder, DO NOT GET THIS.
This scent is another one I gave to my wife.

Eos
Eos

Approximately 5 years ago I followed an impeccably dressed man down the street to ask him what scent he was wearing. He was flattered and surprised at my reaction and graciously pulled a bottle of lavender colored liquid out of his briefcase to show me. It was Prada Amber Pour Homme.

I have loved Prada Amber Pour Homme ever since. It smells of high end shaving products (geranium, vetiver & tonka) mixed with the pleasing animalic smell of good/clean sweat (saffron, musk & patchouli). Myrrh, labdanum and vanilla smooth this transition and round out the scent, making it warmer and more wearable. IMO this is a masterpiece of modern male-marketed perfumery and one of the best ways for a man to smell.

Zealous
Zealous

Lighter, not quite flowery, with amber hints. And, not trace of spiciness. I don't get the soapy smell (but, see how others might), but rather a classy, perhaps expensive scent. I like it, it's a keeper.

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

Yes it is powdery and soapy. Everytime I use this it reminds me when me and my wife stayed in a $350/night 5 star hotel right next to Manila Bay last November.
I remember after taking a shower using their soap and sat on the balcony just watching the sunset of Manila Bay with my wife, it was so relaxing.
Just like this cologne, It gives me that same relaxing feeling everytime I wear it. I actually love wearing this before I go to bed, it just puts me in a little bubble of "It's time to relax, forget all the stress from today".
This cologne just keeps on growing on me.

EDIT: 2/13/2014
After just having this cologne for 2 weeks I am really surprised by my wife!
True story:
My wife loves it everytime she smells Prada Amber when I lay down next to her at night, it started growing on her also and she now wears this cologne. She says the same thing I mentioned above. It reminds her of our lovely and romantic stay at Sofitel Manila.
This is the first cologne I have that my wife shares with me.
My wife just made it official for me that this can be a unisex cologne.
I am increasing my rating from 8 to 9.

My overall rating 9/10

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

For me, Prada Amber Pour Homme is more like a narcotic substance than a fragrance. I'm addicted to the purple stuff. Fortunately I've got a decent stash, so I won't be suffering from withdrawal anytime soon.

I can honestly say, no other fragrance I know sends me on such a nose-trip. It just wraps me up and sweeps me away like no other. And a decent hit lasts for hours, revealing different layers of its sweet, balmy goodness throughout the day.

There's no such thing as too much of a good thing, right? So I've added the Intense version to my lineup (Amber Intense is excellent and I'll write a full review when it gets a little cooler here).

But in the meantime, I experimented the other evening with a 3:1 blend of Amber and Amber Intense to see what would happen. Wow! Kids, you've gotta try this at home.

edge42
edge42

I totally underestimated this juice the first few times I wore it, thinking it was just OK. But the more I wore it, the more I liked it. Today, it totally "clicked" and I'm in love with this fragrance. Definitely buying a full bottle asap because this is going to be worn a lot!

So damn classy, elegant, unpretentious and in my opinion almost the perfect way I want to smell. That is Prada Amber Pour Homme to me, a new favorite.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Prada Amber pour Homme opens like a conventional aftershave, with some citrus, cardamom and lavander. After about 20 minutes, saffron takes over along with a powdery amber. This powdery texture of amber is reminiscent of Prada Amber, its feminine counterpart. Although it's already a lot subdued compared to Prada Amber, this powdery amber combined with saffron is still a bit too aggressive to my nose. Strangely I also get a sort of saffron rice illusion at some point.

Since the opening and the later powdery amber part are not exactly my cup of tea, I was almost ready to give up on Prada Amber pour Homme. Lo and behold! The magic happens about a hour and a half later. The previous irritating powdery amber gradually smoothens out, revealing a green soapy scent, understated and utterly pleasant. At first, I was quite surprised upon this green and aromatic drydown, judging by the notes and without previously reading any review. I was also surprised that bergamot doesn't get a lot of vote as I got quite a lot of its green zest and tartness, though that could have been the geranium that has contributed, too. This citrus element combined with other aromatic notes, almost makes me think of Annick Goutal Mandragore minus anise. There is also an undercurrent of powdery resins underneath the green and aromatic surface, this time much more soothing, providing a subtle warmth. If sniff closely, I can also get a soupçon of vetiver and other spices to enhance a little the tough side of this gentle scent.

The sillage is moderate to soft. The longevity is at least 10 hours. Although the first one and a half hours are still not my favourite, the drydown is worth waiting in my opinion. And I must say that the contrast between the drydown and the first 90 minutes does make an interesting transition for me, and maybe helps me better appreciate the drydown. This is a fragrance of understated elegance and its balance between cool and warm makes it an adequate all-year-round fragrance. And the sleek bottle and purple juice do seem to fit with the fragrance. I'd recommend it as a generally soapy and clean fragrance, and it's interesting enough to give it a sniff as long as you don't hate soapy scents to the bone.

Jay T
Jay T

Crémeux, poudreux, de base. Pas quelque chose de spécial.

Lunchbox148
Lunchbox148

I love Prada. I have had 4 Prada prescription glasses since 2007. Their style is simplistic, luxurious, and sophisticated. There are many designers out there but for some reason when you say Prada, people instantly think "rich." More so than any other designer. I blind bought it online and then whent to the mall to test it out.... I loved it from the get go but I thought to myself "This is not a man's fragrance" "This will make me nervous everytime I wear it because people might snicker and think I smell like a girl..." I'm new to the whole frag thing and I'm just finding out what best suits me. To be honest I love the frag so much I have sprayed it on my pillow before I go to bed for the last couple nights. I just wore it out in public for the first time TODAY, and I was kinda nervous about people thinking it was too girly. But I will never be nervous about spraying this ever again. Today I received a lot of compliments from beautiful women at work (5 sprays: one upper chest, then one on each side of my neck, 1 behind head, 1 on clothes) They loved it so much one lady asked me "WHAT IS IT?!! I want to get my son that for his birthday" I told them it was Prada Amber Pour Homme, and there jaws dropped. I asked one of them "Is this too girly" And she laughed and said "no!! It smells so good!!" Basically guys, women love this sent. It smells a lot more masculine when its in your sillage bubble then when you sniff close to it. This frag just reaks sophistication and will make you smell like a rich dude. Just spray it and let it do it's magic! Only a few guys can pull this off tho so try it before you buy it. I'm a 6'1" 220 pound big guy who treats people the way I would like to be treated and I can pull this off.

UPDATE after several weeks of usage, and more compliments and smiles.

Sillage/ Projection - 10/10 Going super hard for the first 6 hours then chills a little bit but is still giving off a wake.. It seems like it projects more on fabric, maybe it's just me. But honestly be careful with the trigger on this one it's a beast - No lie. Never go above 4 sprays and never re apply before 7 hours because its still going pretty hard at 7 hours. above average sillage for me. I would say with 3-4 sprays I have a 3-4 foot projection bubble and a long subtle inoffensive trail. People WILL notice this one. They always do.

Longevity- 10/10 8-10 Hours on skin 24+ hours on fabric. above average for me. Holy cow, this sent just will not die!!!

Sent-10/10 Very very original sent. I would like to take a moment to laugh very hard at the people below who said this sent is "Generic" lmao!!!! Yeah right show me some sents remotely similar to this one. This sent straight up smells like a $300 parfum and is very unique and could easily be a signature sent, It's mine. Honestly this sent dose not smell like "soap" AT ALL. When a chick smells this she WILL NOT think "oh that dude smells like a $200 bar of soap" only you guys who WAY OVER THINK FRAGRANCES will. I mean when you smell a dirty trash can do you think about all the different disgusting things that whent into making it smell so putrid? No. You just think "It smells bad" The same is with cologne: when women smell this they just think "Man He smells GREAT, and DIFFERENT". I want to make myself very clear: This sent is not feminine at all. If you are an abrasive kind of fellow stick to your citrus/woodsy fragrances but if you are a true smooth talking gentleman who women can trust, give this a try. This sent gets the ladies attention, I would even say it's a sent you wear FOR the ladies. I mean it was made by a chick lol.

This sent just makes the women smile. What more do you want? Just try this one out. Try it out 3 times even, to be honest it took a while for me to understand the complexity of this masterpiece and to appreciate the beauty of it- and I think that will be normal as us men are used to sharper more masculine fragrances, and this fragrance is very ahead of it's time. This one is one that grows on you BIG time. What a masterpiece from the house of Prada. Thanks Prada for the awesome glasses and luxurious fragrances!!

This is my signature sent. I'm so addicted to it. Women love it (Nothing but great feedback) It's by far my most complimented fragrance. It's so versatile- It's not out of place anywhere. Best blind buy ever!!! My 100 ml bottle is 7/8th of the way full and I'm already freaking out and contemplating buying another bottle. Prada Amber Pour Homme has really made me step back and think: Do I really need all these OTHER fragrances? Because they are literally all collecting dust.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

I bashed this fragrance a while back because I didn't like the fact that it smelled like soap.

Well, I gave it another try today and I seem to really love it. It smelled way better this time for some reason. I guess my nose really is maturing.

Its been said before that this smells like expensive soap, and I would have to agree with those claims. I wouldn't say that this smells like a generic soap as I feel like it has a little bit of a spicy and leathery kick to it, which I really enjoyed. To me, the main notes I got were myrrh, patchouli, leather, some vanilla, and saffron which is the note that I wasn't too fond of back then.

Many people label this as a feminine smelling fragrance, but I would disagree. Everyone uses soap (at least I hope everyone does, LOL), therefore it doesn't make sense to say that only girls and women use soap. I think it is a bit more manly because of the leather and patchouli, which is one of the reasons why I like this fragrance even more.

It's amazing how you can change your mind on something after one try. I am thinking of adding this to my collection later on in the spring. Would I recommend this fragrance? Absolutely, and it is worth every single penny.

fresh_scents

I'm on my 3rd bottle of Prada Amber since I first had a whiff of it three years ago. Today was the first day in a long time that I've used it. I couldn't stop smelling myself! LOL! That clean and soapy aroma was just what was needed today.

The intense version is also a winner in my book. That will be a future purchase.

henri345que
henri345que

There are perfumes that wins you at the first sniff or the first wear and there are perfumes that takes you a time to love and appreciate. Sometimes I wonder if aren't those kind of fragrances the best ones, since they slowly construct a relationship with you, revealing itself little by little. My relationship with prada amber pour homme was this one, from a fragrance that i got disappointed because it wasn't nothing that i expected (since i expected a male version of the original feminine) from a fragrance that i love, respect and that i never gets tired of wearing. Amber pour homme makes me feel clean, groomed, but not in a dull way. It has layers, very discreet ones, that hinds itself on what seems like a baby soap smell. If you pay attention closely you'll see a delicious citric smell centered on a very good neroli, a discreet vetiver woody base, some slightly sweet powdery resins. Daniela Andrier did a fantastic job at this because it tricks you thinking it's a simple fragrance when in fact there is a lot going on it. I hope it never gets discontinued or reformulated.

landon1
landon1

blind bought this because i was always fascinated by the overall structure of this fragrance. I believe Prada did an amazing job putting this one together. I remember applying this fresh out of a shower and it smelled so fresh. You will get a soapy vibe but there is a lot more depth in the drydown. It has been described as feminine, but its truly not. Its not a fragrance for a bearded lumberjack man indeed, but a james dean could pull it off. 9/10 for me.

lgbailey86

Modern executive. Blended seamlessly. Soapy floral cologne fragrance with a fairly distinct earthy musty creamy saffron/tonka drydown. Button downs at least ... Really does not come across as being effeminate on a masculine man. On the right kind of person I can see it coming across that way but not on a strong alpha ish adult. On a manly guy this is going to come across with a lot of well blended floral notes that do not create an effeminate effect. Really nice. Versatile.
PERFECT thing to watch the snow melt to.

BeautifulDecay
BeautifulDecay

I love this cologne. Everything that needs to be said about this has already been said. Go test it,if you like soapy/powder/amber scents chances are you'll like it. I think this is the type of cologne you can blind buy but it's always best to play it safe and test it first.

Mimielle
Mimielle

Soapy, slightly sweet, but grounded and approachable. I can smell the leather but it's new and squeaky waxed leather. :)
It's powdery but I can smell the saffron too. I think it has nice counterpoint notes and is balanced. I'd recommend it to someone newer to fragrance as a potential everyday thing that could be worn all-purpose without much fuss, a potential go-to.
I think the special point about this is the slightly relaxed sweetening and smoothing of the sharpness of the fougere and eau de cologne accords. They are still delightfully prominent but reinterpreted in the mix and kind of rounded so it makes me want to take another sniff, and then another. Gentle is a good word for this. I'm female and I can easily wear this but my fiancé doesn't find it too feminine or sweet. It smelled lovely sprayed on a pillow too, it retains the clean opening notes longer that way.

Miguel Ángel2
Miguel Ángel2

Sin duda una obra de arte de la alta perfumería, es tan exquisita y personal que no pasarás desapercibido. Elegante, original, sofisticada y distinta a todas. Un 10 , obra maestra.

mofojo74
mofojo74

i bought this and gucci pour homme 11 in new york,i think they both were pretty new to market and it was being pushed in every department store,i bought it due to the pressure and stored it away as it was very hot,after the gucci ran out i started to use and WOW!! i was conviced it never smelled this good!!! maybe it was the heat that stopped me wearing it...so rich and grown up,it is just prada class to a tee!! amazing fragrance,the opening is just unique and niche smelling,like a tom ford but a bit less serious,then it dries down to a wonderful floral yet masculine fragrance,think suit,no tie,night out,type of scent,girls will love it,after being drowned in paco rabane 1 million all night girls will certainly notice you in this projection monster,lasts 10 hours plus too...a masterpiece!!!

Raqtan
Raqtan

Prada Amber.. there is a love story between me and this fragrance.

I got this one for the first time probably 5 years ago. and then.. I have owned 8 or 9 of it. Now it is like one of my family members. Love it!

now for the ones that think of buying it, my review about this lovely bottle:

Projection: 8/10 Never received negative opinions
Top notes: 10/10 Unique and powerfully fresh
Drydown notes: 7/10 extremely clean
seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring "day and night" .. Summer only night.

It's simple, starts unique and elegant, then 2 hours later, just like experts describe it, a truly high quality/wealthy people's soap.

Even though masculine classic fragrances are my favorites, but this one is really nice and its on my top 5 all the way.

kellbell73
kellbell73

My goodness...unisex, gorgeous, soapy heaven in a bottle.

WolverineWarrior
WolverineWarrior

I bought this back in my 06-07 western pacific deployment in the US Navy, onboard the USS BOXER (LHD 4). I think it smells like baby powder and has some other smells which I can't articulate right now.

djmonty
djmonty

I love this scent!!!!!
I hate to mirror everything that everyone else has said but this is classy,fresh,soapy,and clean.I received prada amber pour homme and marc jacobs in the mail at the same time and noticed that this smells slightly similiar to marc jacobs for men minus the fig scent.I can see someone wearing this with a dress shirt necktie button up shirt and a nice pair of jeans.Super great office scent for sure!!!!Not for everyone though but worth sampling...I adore it.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This smells like very luxurious talcum powder, the kind some 17th Century dandy monarch would dust his bottom with.

It's clean and sophisticated, if not a bit flamboyant. I always felt quite loud while I was wearing it. Patchouli and cardamom are the strongest notes for me. To my mind, it's an autumn / winter fragrance; the powdery incense and spice remind me of Christmas.

Not exactly a sexy fragrance, but definitely fresh and elegant.

A woman could also pull this off.

Jose Marcos

14 people say that Prada Amber pour Homme smells like montBlanc Individuel? How come? that's the same to saying that the Prada scent smells like Joop pH and Original Santal? Where? In which parallel universe? Is it Prometheus II already?

bcray82
bcray82

Another powder barbershop scent. Good longevity. Not offensive. The amber can be a little sweet at the opening, but dries down to be very clean, classic, musky. I can see a woman pulling this off. Prada makes great conservative, comfort day scents, though a little generic in my opinion. Smells like barbacide - that liquid hairdressers put their combs in.

roll4fun
roll4fun

As other posters have mentioned, "PAPH" undergoes some evolutionary phases during its lifespan. Unfortunately, I'm not too fond of the first 60 - 90 minutes.
My initial impression was that of some very spicy/peppery like smells which lasted about 15 minutes. Smell had a feminine lean to it. "Prada Man" then evolved into a very powdery scent. Somewhere around the 90 minute mark, I picked up more prominent leather/sandalwood notes, more like it for me.
By then, scent was close to skin vs. initial moderately strong blast. I'm going to punt on this one.

PFB
PFB

I'm not a Fragrance expert, but this fragrance has EVERYTHING i love in it. Its smells like really really really expensive soap! it's leathery, woodsy and powder, sexy and luxe, but not at all sharp and headache inducing.
This will be my fragrance for life.
Bottle and fluid colour are perfection too.

Nick M
Nick M

Powdery & soapy are my least favorite traits for any fragrance; Amber Pour Homme is king of those categories. I'm certainly not here to bash the frag because it does seem high quality and pungent, but I need to warn other people like me.

ppokpoon
ppokpoon

Attracted by the name Prada, I bought the Prada Man without hesitation and felt happy after wearing it for the first time. This classy fragrance smells fresh, soapy, powdery and elegant. You can wear it on any occasions. It gives you a feeling like someone has just jumped out of the shower after using luxurious soap. It has easily become one of my favorite fragrances -- two thumbs up!

tahir.majid.9
tahir.majid.9

very nice

PerthTH
PerthTH

Clean fragrance, smells like luxury and expensive soap, like one you can find in five-star hotels. It can be boring and too soapy for fruity-and-refreshing-fragrance lovers though. It's long-lasting and sillage is moderate.
I will give it 7 out of 10.

mark2828
mark2828

I blind brought this one after reading reviews on here and managed to get a very good deal on a 50 ml EDT and aftershave balm as a Prada wash bag ... anyway about the fragrance I agree with the reviews that this is a very clean soapy smell, I sprayed this on my self at 8am and to be honest I thought by 9am I couldn't smell it however my wife commented that she could smell a nice aftershave on me and that was at 10am then for some reason throughout the day I kept getting a nice warm , little bit spicy smell coming from this fragrance in could smell this on me at various points through the day up until about 4pm this is wearing it on the train, walking about and even going for lunch so for me the longevity is pretty good ..def gonna keep with this one as smells very elegant ... not a t -shirt , trainers fragrance though !!!

DJPaulsGimpArm
DJPaulsGimpArm

To my nose, it is the exact scent of Grape Kool-Aid

I like this....It's a soapy (suprise suprise!) very well conceived fragrance that is soft, elegant and refined.
Great stuff!

banks1124
banks1124

The first time I smelled this I couldn't wait to wash it off. I never even thought about it again until I decided to remind myself why I hated it. Went to Sephora and sprayed it on my wrist and had the same reaction. Old lady classic smell that I didn't want on me. Soap and powder that just didn't work for me. I was over it. 45 minutes later, out of curiosity, I sniffed my wrist. A light powder, behind a great resin, all sitting on a very masculine musk, smoke, and something floral.

This fragrance is complex and layered and is what I've worn to work in my shirt and tie everyday for the last few weeks. Grey Vetiver was my go to but I hardly think about it now because of PAPH. I don't like to wear it casually but see how someone could.

Longevity is great and projection is appropriate for the office. I feel the same about (and had a similar experience with) PAPH Intense. Can't wait until winter to wear that one a bit more. Prada got it right. If you tried it and hated it I recommend coming back later just to be sure.

pjd1234
pjd1234

My take on prada amber pour homme. just got my full bottle ive testing this for a while now what can I say elegant, luxurious, clean, soapy scent. I also feel an old school vibe to its scent something my grandma or granpa vibe scent its hard to explain but it is also modern at thesame time. I believe that amber pour homme can be a timeless scent. One to add the scent can also be described as bubblegumish. Prada amber shines in its flexibility I believe that it can be an all year around scent longevity on me is about 6-8 hours projection moderate its not a strong scent just mild and subtle. this is the kind of scent that its hard to decipher the notes there is no prominent notes it very hard to pinpoint the notes I guess they all balance out the my description justifies the scent soapy, bubblegummish, clean, slightly sweet scent overall a BRAVO from prada on this one.

longevity 6-8 hours spotty at times 7/10

sillage/projection moderate just mild 7/10

uniqueness 9/10 unique smelling on the possitve side nothing like it one of a kind very original.

overall smell 9/10 the first spray a little harsh I can smell more alcohol than usual but settles down very well I don't find it very synthetic.

price vs quality 100ml 75usd retail I think its fair based on retail 8/10 better price online.

versatility overall all year around scent IMO.

Jose Marcos

I live in a very hot country and both Prada pour Homme and PpHI can last a whole working day, the Intense version of course has a more subdue sillage as it is an EDP. I love them, I can smell them, othes can smell them on me. Prada is a fantastic brand for me. the weakest of them all being Luna Rossa. I need to try the LR Intense also. But I beleive our own skin play a big role in a scent's performance.

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

I bought this stuff about a month ago. I was planning on making it my signature scent. I couldn't get longevity or projection past an hour though. So yesterday I decided to do it again and I doubled up the sprays. I got maybe 3 hours out of it. It was humid with heavy rain clouds all day yesterday though. I think the humidity shut this stuff off. No one could smell me. :( I went to Dillards a few hours later and tried out amber intense and it was gone in 10 mins. I just couldn't get this stuff to stay on me. I tried that new versace Eros and all of a sudden I could smell myself. I came home from the mall and spoke to a neighbor out on the driveway and he smelled me from about 4 ft away. My mom could smell me too and she liked that versace too. I'm so sorry that Prada isn't working for me. I wanted Amber to be my signature summer scent.

hotmrw
hotmrw

I like this fragrance, it lasts and projects fairly goood on my skin, I have a spray on each peck and each side of my neck, it has a really sophisticated smell I think, my little woman loves it, and she is only 21
so it is a big thumbs up for me...

burgundyaltima

revisited this one ..ONE LAST TIME.. the top notes still cloying and in the dry down I received a negative comment..I was told i smell like a burning incense

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Agree very much that this is 'soapy and ellegant'. It's complex, but the initial impression is that of a simple frangrance. The main problems are price and low sillage.

parfumfetiche
parfumfetiche

Although named Prada Amber, there’s no amber in it. Opening is sharp. It’s complex with a lot of notes but very well-blended I hardly able to pinpoint each of them. It does smell like classic hotel soap I used before when I was little. Overall feel I get from this is soapy, powdery and elegant. The vintage/original formulated one has moderate projection and good longevity on my skin. The scent gets 5 out of 5 from me. It’s unique and of niche quality. I love it!

magdalena.shiu
magdalena.shiu

I just purchased this frag as a present for my friend! He tried it at the mall last week, and it smells amazing on him, pure luxury!

burgundyaltima

revisited this one... the reviews are right it smells like expensive soap.its very cloying..it reminds me of an over applied heavy smelling lotion (nivea) on a hot summer day ...this is NOT a panty dropper...somewhat unisex.. very mature scent best suited for an older gentleman or woman in the WINTER... i wore this around a 19 year old female and she said I smelled like a old person...

Eboniteshade
Eboniteshade

I love the ambery vanilla-sandalwood-geranium dry down, but find the more than 30 minute long leather-orange accord a little tiring and off-putting. I like the thought that went into this!

dres1877
dres1877

A woman told me it smells fresh, like you just jumped out the shower. At 90 degrees and riding the subway that's the summer scent preferred for me. Will switch up by September.

vsnrao36
vsnrao36

This one has few specialities ;
1. This smells much better and stays longer on clothes than on skin.
2. The EDT outperforms the EDP version by miles
3. There is nothing in the market that is similar or closer to this perfume with its very rich soapy smell warming you up all day.

I just stumbled upon this one by chance as I never fancied Prada to make a good perfume and just expected this to be like many other run of the mill kind of perfumes, that are made just to have the presence in this market segment, along with their other more fancied and successful products in the fashion industry.

I just had sprayed this on the upper sleeves of my T-Shirt and I had sprayed both EDT and EDP versions on each of the sleeves. It was late evening on a weekend and the rest of the evening was eventless and I just forgot the Prada. The next day morning I had to drop my son to the school for a practice match and while driving, I just started getting a whiff of a very pleasant smell while turning the steering wheel on curvers and suddenly realized that it was from the left sleeve of my T-Shirt. From then on, I just could not stop smelling my sleeve every now and then and what a refreshing experience it was! I rushed back to the same shop to test it again to make sure that it was Prada Amber EDT and once confirmed, immediately bought this. I have been enjoying this since then and it's just over a month now and I am so glad that I found this one.

There are many mentioning that this smells soapier and they are right - this smells like you have taken bath with an exclusive, mysterious heavenly soap and you feel the freshness of after bath all day along. Just make sure that you spray this on the clothes and even your wardrobe smells so great and remains fresh for days and days unless you put the cloth for washing.

Looks like we are lucky Prada got the formulation right for their first men's perfume and I guess it is the Vanilla and Tonka Bean in the drydown that gives this perfume the signature freshness. Thanks Prada for this unique perfume and please do not stop or reformulate this one.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Although there are many negative reviews about this fragrance but when I had a chance to smell it, I was quite impressed it is very nice and elegant perfume, rather sophisticated I must say it is not silent but it doesnot scream either. As everybody say it has definitely sharp strong soapy feel most marked in the top notes but still there in the mid notes but in a transition of mid notes to drydown I certainly get more mature more leathery aroma which reminds me of another perfume Sniper by San Giovanni (not present in database). Overall it is very good fragrance nothing ground-breaking though but personal I like it way better than its intense version which certainly has grandmamish and baby wipes feel in its dry down.
Longevity is about 4-6 hrs on my skin and silage is fine too. Bottle is simple but ok not bad at all.
I give it 8 out of 10.

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

Rochas Man went powdery.

One of the most comforting scents i've had the pleasure to sniff. After sampling this on my arm I had Cerebral Palsy for the rest of that day... This is the scent I will wear at my own funeral.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I don't know of any frag which comes across as unique as Parda Amber Pour Homme does. Love the sweet scent of Tonka bean, Patchouli and the warmth from the Musk. The top notes of orange blossom and bergamot give this frag a very fresh and modern scent. The base notes of warm spice's and leather mixed with saffron as well Myrryh, takes this frag to a level of opulence that only a few fragrance's have the privilege or prestige of being in the same league.
longevity is superb, well past 9 hour's and still attracts attention.
Sallige is also excellent...
Overall thoughts,
Parda Amber Pour Homme has a real magnetic attraction's that is irresistible. If you want or crave attention spray some on your body a couple of times and it's like bee's to honey. I have had many complements. This frag is perfect for the fall/winter, I have use it during the summer as well....Beautiful
Rating is a no brainer, 10/10....PERFECTIONS !!!!!!!!
Bravo Parda
UPDATE...
I have had several people come up to me wanting to know which frag I'm wearing. I have received so many positive comments that I know that this frag is OUTSTANDING....
YOU COULDN"T ASK FOR ANYTHING ELSE FROM A FRAGRANCE WHICH IS A FANTASTIC...

Molko
Molko

On me it's not a big stuff, simply, linear, clean, soapy smell, little bit boring, I feel a lack of something more and special, not bad smell, but not enough for me, to top it all not a sillage monster and fades away after 2 hours

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I've always had a special love for this fragrance, despite the fact that NO ONE I've asked has ever liked it on me. Whatever. I wear fragrances for ME, not to impress other people.

The beautiful thing about this fragrance is that each note is an underdog/background note. You don't typically see notes like saffron, labdanum, myrrh, or geranium in the forefront of today's fragrances. That's the beauty of this fragrance, because it gives you a chance to appreciate the notes that don't typically get a chance to shine.

I appreciate any fragrances that interpret leather in a unique way. Too often, leather is used to inject stereotypical masculinity into fragrances, and I find that cliché, annoying, and tired. This fragrance is the complete opposite of stereotypical masculinity.

It's balmy, yet sweet..complicated, yet simple. Hard to put your finger on, and hard to describe. There's something misty, foggy, and powdery about it. It's clean, spicy, and sharp all at the same time. On my skin, it's smooth and sexy. I picture this fragrance being worn by a well-groomed, suit-and-tie, 30-something man. It's very metrosexual, as a man who takes care of himself.

This will sound really weird, but this scent evokes a certain strange memory for me. Back in high school when I took AP Biology, we did an experiment with fruit fly genetics. We had to periodically knock the flies out with this fluid called fly-nap, that would render the flies unconscious for a long enough time to examine them and count them...and this cologne reminds me of the smell of that fly-nap substance. It's one of those things you love smelling, but shouldn't. Kinda like gasoline, pine-sol, newspaper, or mildew.

All in all, this is a beautifully crafted, sexy, spicy/balmy cologne that magnificently deviates from the stereotypes and the expected. 10/10.

angelinadsjp
angelinadsjp

Clean - fresh - classy - a winner - lasts well-
soapy and sexy -

kazewayz
kazewayz

Well done. The notes are simple. The smell is sweet. Women like this stuff. Initial spray I get that amber and I get spices with something fresh. Also soapy and clean. Lasts a long time. Projects great. It's a simple cologne though, not a lot going on. Worth a try.

Winter Breeze
Winter Breeze

Amber is a breeze of fresh air & clean laundry with a really classy soapiness. It's sophisticated, Fresh & very clean, Versatile & long lasting.

9.5/10

Runbox
Runbox

Edit after 3rd wearing:
The soap really hit me this time. I didn't really get the "fresh and clean" feeling this time. I rather felt like I'd rubbed soap all over my body without washing it off again. This scent is very, very soapy indeed. I probably applied a bit too heavily, but, still, today I finally decided against this fragrance for daytime wear as well. Funny how impressions change from first to third wearing. I still have enough left for one last try. I wonder what I will think after the fourth (and probably last) wearing,

Original post:

I'm not good at notes and such, but here is my experience of testing prada pour homme two times in different settings.

The first time was just at the office. Didn't get any compliments, but I don't apply too heavily. I really liked the smell - and I do think it works well for daytime use and formal occasions. It made me feel fresh and clean and ready to go (which is what I'm looking for when I apply in the morning).

The second time was at a night out. I asked three female friends (late twenties) to smell me. None of them liked it very much. The gist of their comments can be summed up as "That's not how a man should smell". It's not a very masculine or sexy scent. In spite of that, I did "get sum" that night, but even the lucky (yeah right!) woman told me, unsolicited, that she didn't like the scent the morning/day after. That was a first...

So this is a "yes, absolutely" for daytime city wear and a "probably not" for nights out on the town/dates etc. On me sillage is heavy and Longevity is great.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

Very good fragrance. The sillage and longevity on skin isonly good for about 1-2 hours, then it gets very close to the skin. I like to spray this on my shirt as well because it holds extrememly well on clothes. This is a good mild spring and fall weather fragrance. Could be worn in the cooler parts of summer, but it's a bit thick and sweet/cloying to pull of on hot days. It probably would not do well at all on me in the winter, which is why I also have the intense version, which is like this but much smokier and stronger. All in all, it's a good scent with good lasting power, but perhaps a bit subtle for me after the second hour. It has a very positive body odor/linen/soapy vibe to it during the dry down which I love. This is a people pleaser, not a clubbing fragrance. Also, try before you buy because if you don't like soapy or powdery fragrances, you probably won't like this. 8.5/10

Longevity - 8.5
Sillage - 6.5
Versatility - 9
Scent - 9

zvoncica
zvoncica

Prada Amber is a golf play in Ireland.
The front desk of luxurious hotel.

The smell of leather and opulent cream.
Reminds me on aviators.

Leather jackets and adventure.
Smell like genius mind.

Like mystery which your unable to solve.
Smells like caravan ride in desert.

It's a smell of strong hands
that caress everything they touch.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Got this as a present. Unfortunetally did not wear it a lot.. Tried it in autumn and winter as well as in summer.. But it´s not a perfume for me. I realy don´t like it and therefor don´t use it anymore.

One time a friend even asked me what I was wearing and told me it 'stinks'. Well, I would not go so far and say that, but it is definitely not mine!

Edit july 2013:
As I still have the bottle I somehow was somehow grabbing it, when the temperature was quite high and sprayed it on he backs of my hand. It was the same opening that I remembered. Not mine. But as it dryed down it changed. I was able to clearly smell the labdanum (a note I actually like). Still it was not a blend I liked, but at least, this time it was better than I remembered it.

When it comes to cardamom, there´s something strange going on with me. If it´s used in tea, coffee or foods I can clearly detect it even when used subtle. But as a note in a fragrance I absolutely can´t. Even in Lancôme Hypnôse I can´t detect it (and in one of the reviews it´s called a "cardamom bomb", and it´s the second of the main notes by votes of the fragrantica members). Drives me crazy sometimes, when I know, I should be able to smell it in a frag, but I am not (though I do know how it smells and tastes).

I tried to analyse, why this one doesn´t work for me and I came to the conclusion that it must be the cardamom/labdanum(/citruses) combination, and I wasn´t able to put my finger on it, because of my disability to really recognise the cardamom as cardamom.
Perhaps it would work for me with less cardamom, more patchouli and more myrrhe (and perhaps some olibanum added)

amer1212
amer1212

"Prada Homme"

Its for modern & classy man in the same time, is wearable in any time any season any place any event aroud the year & females loves to sniff it on mans neck and eat it isnt it positive point?!

Its..clean fresh & soapy..powdery..little spicy..unique..classy modern .

I can call it a (Silent Hunter) ! I recommend its one of the best designer scents .

Nice quality scent from ¨Prada˝.

My Top 2 frag:
YSL La Nuit De L'Homme
Prada Amber Pour Homme.

YSL La Nuit is masterpiece, good for single man. Chicks magnet. This juice says "Hi ladies, let's dance tonite!"
And then she gives you a kiss.

Prada Amber Pour Homme, another masterpiece, but in different way.
It says "Ladies, you can trust me. I'll protect you forever."
And then she gives you TRUE LOVE. Believe in you...FOREVER.

YSL La Nuit gives you beautiful chick.
Prada Amber Pour Homme gives you PERFECT WIFE.

Performance:
Longevity about 8 hours on my skin.
Medium projection, i like it. More wearable and versatile for me. Perfect for office hours, date, and casual. All season frag.
Not too loud, not too close to the skin. Just good and gives you natural charisma. Man perfume should be like this.

Im 25 years old.
And I love my girlfriend.
So, Prada Amber Pour Homme is my choice.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Went today to try eros and i tested prada amber too.
I immediately bought it after sniffing this from my arm...
I always liked the smell of freshly washed sheets from luxury hotels and this is exactly what prada is.Its like sniffing a sheet from the best and most luxury suite from a top 5 star hotel...
Its a class scent for sure for mature guys.I havent smelled a more clean fragrance than this.Its sooooooo awsome..
Cant comment on longetivity yet but projection is pretty good.

UPDATE

Scent:8.5/10
Projection:8/10 This thing projects A LOT in the first 2 hours,and on clothes its still projecting after 4 hours
Longetivity:8/10 A solid 6 hours and fainting for more 2-3 hours

Firmansyah

Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man)

Its like Bill Gates on perfume world.
Classy, billionare, very very luxury, calm, and gentle.
I love it.
Absolutely my favourite.

YSL La Nuit and Prada Man is the best for me.

High class.
Definitely masterpiece. Just perfect.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

For the first few hours this smells floral/powdery/soapy; I didn't care for the floral part. It's just over the borderline of being too feminine. Later on it seems to become powdery/balmy, which is better.

It's a pleasant scent but it's just not my thing. Complicating things, my wife likes it on me.

When it comes to the Prada scents I prefer Infusion d'Homme (Italian barbershop) or Amber Intense (myrrh). Those suit me better, especially the Amber Intense.

I tried the first bottle of Prada Man merely because of the name "Prada", nothing else really, and it did not let me down. It sticks comfortably on my skin all day. It's funny to see that my wife doesn't like the scent but some of my girl colleagues really do and want to know what fragrance I'm wearing. This is a sweet-scented, luxurious and attractive coloured fluid in a simple shaped (rectangular) bottle. And I did not hesitate to add some back-up bottles of this fragrance to my collection for long enjoyment into the future.

alarios
alarios

If there was a "hate" button I'd press it for this fragrance. If I had one word to describe it, it would be annoying. It's too powdery and floral (and not a good way). Way to feminine for a man. And to think that I came real close to doing a blind buy on this one. I'm so glad I didn't.

Mirza
Mirza

Well ,clearly this is a mind-bottling fragrance ,based on the groups of this fragrance is oriental fougere and i hope it would be neice ,but when the first time i sprayed on my arm ,oooooohhhhh too dark ,brave ,and it's too mature but i'm really sure it will be long lasting in the cold room ,i can't give more comment about this one because i just bought it and not yet take an adventure by hunting chicks with this one ,so far i'm a little bit confuse :p either i like it or i hate it ._.v

This is, in my opinion, absolutely one of the fragrance masterpieces on the market. Miuccia Prada has done an excellent and exceptional piece of work. I bought this one because of the reputation of its brand name and had never tried or tested it before. Then I was not disappointed at all and fell in love with it immediately. It's a pity I found this one too late. It surely sits on the top of my fragrance list, ranking among, inter alia, Givenchy Insense Ultramarine, Bvlgari BLV Pour Homme and Versace Pour Homme. Its scent lasts 8 or more hours on my skin, from morning until nightfall. It's also a pity there is no distributor in Bangkok, Thailand. So I order it through on-line channels. This fragrance often gains compliments and appreciation from those who are around me. So make sure you obtain some more back-up bottles, if you love or like this one!

mferri19
mferri19

This, guys, is a hell of a fragrance.
Makes my soul happy.
I just wanna sniff this gorgeous, sweet, clean and perfect smell. It's very well-done, balanced and has a beautiful development.
It makes me feel calm, relaxed, rich!
There are few fragrances I can love from the beginning until the end.
But this is perfect, I hope Prada never stop selling this masterpiece.

benlane18
benlane18

Absolutely adore this fragrance...
...I can see what people mean by soapy, but not a synthetic soap, it has the hint of an expensive soap, one you might find in a posh upper class hotel.
Very clean, sensual, sophisticated fragrance. Oozes class and sensuality, but can become very powdery if over-applied.
A must have!

mersilover84
mersilover84

honestly, to me it kind of smells like a freshly cleaned car from the seventies with a hard core air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. that being said, i'm going to wear it this week before deciding whether i want to keep it or not, cuz i also didnt like A*Men and L'Instant De Guerlain at first. now i love them

cougarR
cougarR

elegant = prada pour homme and bvlgari pour homme ...

RAG1987
RAG1987

Just purchased 5 small vials of this, after already trying the intense version (completely different) I just had to try this one. I am very impressed by this It is warm yet fresh and clean at the same time. It gives me a feeling of comfort as it reminds me of the luxury liquid hand soaps that my Grandparent had in the bathroom when I was a kid. This is warm and comforting and not too heavy. I can sense that this would be a good one year round. Used in moderation in the summer. Love it already....

Akhan
Akhan

Absolutely stunning and extremely pleasant. I cant believe i remained unintroduced to this gorgeous, easy to wear and extremely clean fragrance. The soapy vibe drops just when you begin to register it and turns into a comfy crisp and sophisticated olfactory pleasure. While it stays quiet to tge wearer it creeps up and refreshes ever now and then, boosting confidence and waking up fully. I cant get enough of it. As some wearers have noticed this is easily a year round fragrance. Am not a big fan of prada's newer offerings - seems like the house went all out with the debut. AND the intense version is not a patch on this. This is unique! Cant remember anything similar that i ve smelt...

itachi

this is a nice fragrance, chicks dig it

ma_ma
ma_ma

I sampled it yesterday, and wow! a clean, sophisticated, high class vibe! reminded me of some Arabian fragrances; probably this is the amber like note! this is definitely sexy and masculine;

The scent stuck to my skin until the next morning and after a shower; and believe it or not, the scent hasn't gone! I finally found my signature fragrance after years of searching!

Anmo
Anmo

Classy, unforgettable, semi formal, deep and yes, soapy as others mentioned. Smells like a fantastic, luxurious lavender soap, it's pure aromatherapy -- uplifting scent. In fact i love it so much, i want to buy it exclusively for myself. It is definitely unisex and suitable for everyone who enjoys a great, herbaceous, powdery and demure, intelligent fragrance.

itachi

i highly recommend this one. you cant go wrong its not populair but this is a real good fragrance.

tbook15
tbook15

This is currently my signature scent. For me it is extremely versatile. day, night, school, work, formal. Just wouldn't recommend it for like going to the gym or casual use because it is a very classy smell. I have heard a lot of people say that it smells like million dollar soap and i can definitely see that. It has that soapy, powdery feel, but its also very fresh and clean. However this scent doesn't work for everyone. Im pretty much always dressing dressy/casual and formal for my job so it works for me, and i don't mind that it slightly leans toward a unisex frag.

What really makes me love this is the longevity and the compliments i get from it. Every time i wear it i get compliments from an attractive women, and It last at least 8 hours on me. Projection for the first two hours is moderate-heavy then if become soft-moderate. As time goes on smell turns sweater and sweater and i get a very light and fresh amber note. Im loving this in the cold weather and the only time i wouldn't wear it is in the summer. A quality and unique scent from Prada. Thumbs up from me.

9.5/10

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

This fragrance smells like the Indian fancy soaps. It's very spicy yet fresh and soapy. It's a strange fragrance. Definitely elegant. I picture a fancy elderly man wearing this. Or a man that acts older than the age and is into fashion, and being polished. It doesn't go with my husband since he's more into lighter- deodorant type of fragrances.

mendwillie
mendwillie

Sleek and Chic Perfume.
All special floral smell with beautiful woods around it.
Sweetness modern and stylish, that nearly everyone around him.
Perfect scent for evening and formal and important occasions.

I rank him so;
Smell: 9.5/10
Projection: 8.5/10
Longevity: 9.0/10

steve0580
steve0580

LOVE IT!

This is a soapy, fresh and clean fragrance with a very small hint of light powder. So wonderful, so relaxing. Sometimes, I will just sit and smell the bottle (you know, aromatherapy). I can't say enough good things about it.

After buying the 50 ml size a few weeks ago, I've already reordered the 100 ml size.

It's easily a unisex scent but in no way feminine enough to where a guy would feel awkward wearing it. Remember, it's listed as a men's cologne.

I'll stick with my standard line: Smelling fresh and clean never goes out of style.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

it's herbal scent like a little women perfume,but i must say that the longevity is really wonderful,i can feel the scent next day.

praizy
praizy

Hmmm soapy. I didn't enjoy it but trying to find the way
Projection and sillage 6/10
Longivity 8-10 hours so 9/10
Versitilty. 8/10
Overall 7/10

yacoco
yacoco

Just wow sexy not to strong
Let it dry for half hour and enjoy the softness of this masteries

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

To my nose, this fragrance is soapy clean, balmy, a bit powdery, and leathery. It has a very rich deep and warm scent of amber and patchouli. Both lasting power and silage are great.

cjd1986
cjd1986

This is the one and only blind buy where I truly was disappointed with the results. I can see how people would like this, but it's simply not my taste in the least. It smells so strongly of soap to my nose - but in a way that is not at all subtle. As a result, I find it unpleasantly "in your face." I will say the dry down smells better, and I've learned to enjoy it a bit more. Still, I never find myself wanting to wear it. It was an expensive lesson to learn. I've realized with time that "clean" scents are not my preference.

Yes, it's a men's fragrance - but it has a lot of feminine qualities. That's not inherently bad, but it's definitely not the scent I typically gravitate to.

frostyicy
frostyicy

Very classy, clean expensive soapy fragrance.

To my nose I get a lot of the neroli, vanilla and tonka bean in this one. You can smell the neroli throughout the duration of this fragrance. Though described in the base the sweetness of the vanilla and tonka bean come through in the heart and last throughout the base to me. The leather is detectable as well, the leather is a smooth suede shoe leather, rather than a leather jacket leather.

I would highly recommend this fragrance for anyone, this would make a great signature scent, especially for the person who wears a suit every day.

Sillage/Projection: 7/10
Longevity 10/10 (10+ hours)
Compliment factor: 8/10
Purpose: Signature scent. Great for suit and tie events.
Season: All year round.

peake1
peake1

A soapy sophisticated saffron sandalwood Masterpiece! I love the purple juice in it's classy chic clear glass and silver top bottle! I enjoy Amber's luxurious unisex floral opening almost as much as the slightly more masculine sweet musky patchouli dry down! This may never be rated a top sexy date scent but I feel right at home in the church pew or even at a job interview with no fear of wrinkled noses just smiles of appreciation!
10/10 all the way around! :)

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

This is the scent of luxus, but at the same time cosyness.
The scent could be described as high quality barbershop products, added some cardamom and purple flowers. Excellent mix.
And the colour of the liqeur is just outstanding beautiful.
This is strong stuff, people.

jacob.kizirian
jacob.kizirian

Prada Amber Pour Homme!
First Of All Simply Its Masterpiece In Its Genre it is King Of Soap Fragrances And Its a High Quality And Luxurious You can Know That By Its Smell , The Bottle And the Ingredients from Different Countries Its Really Well Blended Fragrance

Rating :

Longevity : 8.5/10 ( 5-7 hours )

Projection : 8/10

Scent : 9/10

I Appreciate Prada For Their High Quality Fragrances
Thumbs up For APH Its a definite Try

limited Edition
limited Edition

For me this is really something unique at the moment..well done Prada..

hollyms
hollyms

Not horrible but smells too feminine for me to love it on a man

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

Prada.

What's Prada? Clean cut, minimalism, sleek, sometimes corny but chic, "I'm smarter than you" ego.

I have never liked any clean scents til I found this. This is the only soapy, clean scent I'd wear. This is the fragrance that I could spray onto my body when I wake up late and do not have time to take a shower. It will instantly make me feel fresh, recharged, "I'm smarter than you" and "I'm ready to go".

There's just something about it, so soapy yet effortlessly chic.

And that's why it's called a PRADA.

-Mr. Almond-

nikornplay
nikornplay

seen it for long time but never try on my skin.Until I got myself visiting New York,I love the way it dry down and give the impression of gentel warm and smooth spice foral.It's feel like freedom and confident.

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

very soapy on my skin, lke all the other Prada fragrance...

burgundyaltima

unisex in my opinion...clean professional classy soapy scent...this would be great if worn in the winter..can get kind of cloying in hot weather ..

Scentrist
Scentrist

Ok, how can I best describe this scent?

It starts off with a clean just-out-of-the-shower vibe to it for the first five minutes, then it all goes horribly wrong in a 'cheap car air freshener' sort of way. It turns into an artificially soapy, chemically derived sort of fruit-cum-neroli concoction that remains in that state for the next hour or so. Positive side of this? If you consider that within two hours it's vanished, that's a good thing in this case because I would otherwise have been compelled to wash it off. Longevity is weak, and the whole mess just misses the mark afterward. By the time it should have reached the amber stage, there was nothing to speak of.

For those who might feel it to be office-wear, perhaps, but the impression left on me was definitely cheap-and-synthetic, not something I'd be inclined to recommend and certainly wouldn't wear.

fresh_scents

How much do I enjoy this fragrance? Well let me tell you, I'm working on my 3rd bottle of Prada Amber. This product smells amazing, projects well on my skin, and receives lots of compliments. A year round fragrance for an individual of any age.

I recommend that you try this unisex fragrance, and you'll be sure to like it.

perfumebox
perfumebox

Clean, beautiful scent. I initially got this for myself thinking it would make a great unisex fragrance (and it would). It sits and simmers quietly like fresh laundry in the sun. For something so soft and light, it does project and last very well.

People who dislike it tend to slam it with the overly-copied phrase "smells like soap" as if that explains everything.

Contrary to others, this does not remind me of a more "feminine", "sensitive" type of man. What it DOES remind me of is the type of man who doesn't care enough to fuss with too many bath products, so he uses whatever the woman in his life chooses to place in the bathroom. When he comes out of the shower, his slightly damp skin carries that lovely mixture of masculine and feminine smells, from a powdery-creamy body wash, to a fresh-floral shampoo, to a herbal-fresh masculine face wash.

And that's kinda sexy.

RobbieX

A really gorgeous men's fragrance. Can smell a similarity to Infusion. Clean, soapy, long lasting and beautiful. One of the best men's scents in the world!

vxgas
vxgas

Have tried a test spray and I couldn't wait to wash it off in 5 minutes. Not bother for the drydown!

mnmlizm
mnmlizm

Prada Amber Pour Homme! My personal signature scent.

First off let me say that there are no real Amber notes to this fragrance. I could rave about this scent all day and how this scent has is close to perfection. I don't know how contextually they combined the correct notes to come up with the most elusive smelling Amber on the market, but this works on so many levels.

The opening is quite brilliant and intense and doesn't leave any room to wonder what is exactly going on. Now specifically in the notes there is a Mandarin Orange which to my nose I find almost undetectable just a small hint, but the Neroli and Cardamom instantly grab your attention when mixed with Bergamot. This frag has power and if you're faint of heart it will overtake you, as I understand most men find this scent to be too dainty. Prada Amber says "Hey I'm modern and understated, want to dress well, and speak softly, but I carry a big stick." I find that the opening speaks without saying much because it's dry-down doesn't sacrifice itself to becoming dull in color.

Next off around 15 mins you get this great leathery note that seamlessly combines with the Vetiver. The Vetiver note is not heavy and doesn't try to fight it's peers and this is something that Prada has done well with every male scent that they have offered. I personally do not like the essential oil note of vetiver, but Prada pulls me in with this one. The Geranium, Myrrh, Musk really give the frag emotion and have a soft sweet linger that elegantly phrases clean. The Labdanum peaks in and gives a effortless whisper. The citrus notes are really easy to miss and I personally love that because there are some youthful inspired qualities that you want to withdraw from without killing them.

Now being a die hard hater of Patchouli this fragrance hits it on the head with taking down the aggressive behavior on that note with a Sandalwood to keep it short and sweet. The power of powder has to expressed through it's combination of Vanilla, Saffron, and Tonka Bean which seems to balance this out and has the bigger appearance that most guys do not appreciate, because it does have a clean, soapy, feminine vibe to it. It's quite elusive and understated. Which is perfect for the ages of 25+ and above. Both men and women alike of and older age group have definitely been taken aback to find such a scent on a person my age that isn't rude, obnoxious, and bright and citrus filled. This scent has a purpose of being modern, sleek, and understated as much as the appearance of it's brand and that comes with it's appreciation.

Personally:

This scent works wonders for me, and continually gets complimented from both sexes. I feel that much of my personality happens to be on par with this scent.I was actually afraid that it wasn't working for me, but really gave it a chance to do it's thing, and now I baseline every Oriental based fragrance to this frag. There is so much lasting power and sillage that you really get your maximum usage for it's price. My wardrobe is minimal, i'm skinny guy, with a clean but modern appearance. Simply I wear this almost everyday it's my signature!

attopanimba
attopanimba

Just bought today!
WARNING: Ignore the first spray scent (for 15 minutes)!

After that you'll know the real scent! It's fresh but different with other perfume. Kinda long lasting EDT.

Like it!

REVISED:
Please ignore (for sure) my previous opinion. I've been use this and honestly i don't like it. Maybe "Prada" brand and it price drive me to like this one.
But anyway...i don't like the smell at all..

To be honest it smells like an old lady perfume. Imagine if you smell this perfume without "Prada" in the box or the bottle...be honest i will never buy this one.

This is what i called : brand power..since "Prada" make me bought this one with a lot of justification.

I agree the longevity of this perfume is great...but can you imagine if you wear the perfume which is you don't like the scent for long time???

paulhunter
paulhunter

This smells professional. Very well-groomed and powerful. I'm immediately going to get this when I get my first office job. I think that the color purple for the juice suits this fragrance very well. It's very rich and classic. My scent-image of this is a 30 year old business man walking into a meeting and owning the room.

jBoozy711
jBoozy711

i understand where the femenine, emotional calificatives come from, i love this fragrance, is fresh, clean, and more shampoo-ish than soapy, it definitely reminds me of pantene pro-v shampoo which i used to wear in my childhood , ive always loved the way that smells and wanted to wear a fragrance that smell like that...that feminine quality i rather descriBe it as smooth, youthfull, chill, and if we were going to add the emotional quality i would say emotional in a happy and fun way, it is a fun fragrance for me

HAPPY, FUN, and YOUTHFULL are three Best words to descriBe this fragrance, imo, you are right on the point that a person gotta have the right attitude to rock this fragrance, to me it would Be perfect wearing light colour clothing (BaBy Blue, light green, light purple blue-ish), By the way this is to me one of the Best fragrances to wear at HIGH HEAT in the summer

VanAllan
VanAllan

Prada Man is one of my favourite after shaving fragrances when I dress up a clean shirt for work or even casually after a long shower in a sunny Sunday morning. Clean, luxury soapy, little herbal, complex and long-lasting, it makes you feel relaxed and confident.
Personally I have no issues with its so called feminine side because for me it delivers fully what I expect from it and that's enough.
Worth mentioning that after testing about 10-15 'new' fragrances I bought relatively cheap a big splash bottle and I use a few drops over a neutral moisturizing cream that make miracles on my skin: projection is very good and the overall feeling is fantastic. I like it. My rank 7.5/10. ☣☣☣

missan

I have tested this a couple of times now. I don´t like it. I find it nearly as cold and unfriendly as infusion d´Homme. Nice it is not.

Sugarscent
Sugarscent

Add another one to my ever increasing "want" list. So this was mostly developed by a woman who went in thinking about what she would like if she were a man. I think I would go into it with the thought of what would I like to smell on a man's skin!

Time to go to my friendly neighborhood Ulta store!

OZ
OZ

Prada Amber is a very soapy and luxury masculine-unisex fragrance. It is well blended, well-liked, last and project great. However, the fragrance can be a bit strong at the time, care should be taken and the wearer should not apply more than 4 sprays at once because it will then turn into a harsh and sickening sweet scent that will choke and kill anyone in sight (okay maybe I exaggerating things a little bit).

You want to smell clean, smart and sexy? This is your guy.

bsbnsc
bsbnsc

this gives you a really clean vibe and calmness. defitinely office wear. it'd be weird if you'd wear this with t-shirts on. it's a very classy scent that is basically saying "I'm a charismatic individual. don't mess with me." I smell incense + soap

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

Even though I am a female, this is one of my top favorite fragrances to wear. It is very fresh and clean – soapy, as many have described it - but it’s slightly sweet, spicy and leathery at the same time. I also get a bit of sparkling citrus on my skin. When I wear it, I feel both energized and sexy. And although it is a man’s fragrance, I don’t feel one bit masculine wearing it. Quite the opposite in fact. I feel like a confident woman with a sexy little secret.

jerseyjoe1981
jerseyjoe1981

Used by the infamous Christian Troy in Nip Tuck

sumpunk85
sumpunk85

Prada Amber is remarkable. Last time I checked, soap was clean. It is a clean fragrance. And yes, you do get soap. It can be complex and simple at the same time.

Clean leather is really the base of this for me. Think Italian leather in the nineteen-twenties. If I had to describe this fragrance in three words: Vanilla, Powder, & Leather. I'm not going to pick out all the notes, but those are what I get within 20 minutes. The first whiff did resemble baby wipes (maybe the alcohol mixed with powder?), but quickly faded.

It may be hard to find a lot of times for me to wear this. Daytime - definitely, nighttime - not so much. A great office scent. Definitely masculine, but only for the kind well dressed gentleman. Not agressive and in your face. Try before you buy, and keep an open mind that this is really a great complex scent.

Kostas54
Kostas54

Fantastic smell of clean, luxurious soap with an incense-y balmy aura deep inside it making it perfect for even hot summer days. As always, PRADA teaches what CLASS is!

PerfumeEmporium
PerfumeEmporium

Clean and a little powdery. Smells sophisticated and isn't too overpowering. A sexy male fragrance for nighttime...

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

Actualmente lo tengo, pero lo uso solo en invierno ya que evoca una bebida alcoholica estimulante dulce posima... tengo el frasco recargable de 100 y la importacion en mi pais se cerro... ni siquiera estuvo en mi ciudad, lo compre en la capital de mi pais ...
fabuloso!!!

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

smells a rediculous amount like soup I'm wearing it today trying to figure out what exactly it is that it reminds me of but I can't put my finger on it ... I don't hate it :)

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

I'm with Natt and Grottola on this one - Amber PH elicits scent associations with Sung Homme, except Amber is smoother and made with better materials. Also, Amber doesn't really smell like Irish Spring soap like Sung. But the point is that it's soapy, very soapy, fresh, clean. It's nothing special, but the saffron, myrrh, and neroli are nice touches and fairly prominent here. The drydown renders cardamom and tonka in a clean, concise manner. It's unisex and perfectly good for all seasons, and surprisingly useful in the heat. Do try it if you haven't already.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Baby powder in a frag.
Delicious fragrance that is sweet and comfy, but no sugar in there. The longevity is very good despite a soft and subtle scent. It's nearly impossible to dislike something like this. It has something straight and obvious, it's so well crafted that it's hard to describe which component it's made of. Like a soliflore. Great work for a very pleasant frag.

Longevity : very good
Quality : top notch

jodsan
jodsan

a safe fragrance!Not recomended before 25

stayclose
stayclose

A charmer. Well dressed smooth talker. Go on a ride on his pimp mobile.

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

this is my second bottle and i can say that this fragrance is really sophasticated fragrance for men especially after a great hair cut and a shave this goes perfect with u, a rich scent and a little soapy in a great way. clean and fresh . bottle is awesome.

Igor Rosenkreuz
Igor Rosenkreuz

I feel lots of amber on my skin, but amber is not listed on the notes of this one in here

Vincents1278

I come back to look at reviews because this is one of my favorites. Funny how the category and listed notes are very different from the actual notes and fragrance. This scent is Iris, Saffron, Labdanum, Patchouli, linalool, Santal, Carnation. No lavender, no leather, no tobacco or warm spicy balmy. Not an old lady scent. Soapy - no. What soap smells like this? If you can't really figure out what you're smelling then maybe you shouldn't post it. Go buy a bottle of Cool Water and call it a day.

newerdeal
newerdeal

I got this for a gift this past Christmas and first sniff it was an immediate do not want! Too flowery too powdery too EECH! I didn't actually wear any until about 2 weeks later when it was slightly warmer outside( I live in Texas it was warm enough!). I didn't like the opening but...the dry down oh the dry down was so nice. Super clean and fresh smelling the florals fade and compliment and not over power. I really like it and it lasts forever. I love my fall and winter scents and tend not to wear fragrances as much in the spring and summer but I see this bottle of purple freshness being heavily used in the next months.

Grottola
Grottola

A sweet, soapy, well made fougere. Has a BIG lavender note that interacts with the sweet, ambery smell. I prefer the soapy base more than the top and middle, though. As Natt said, it's very similar to Sung Homme. Almost like an updated, modernized version of Sung Homme. Not my thing, but I can definitely appreciate it.

misbehavin
misbehavin

I only had a sample, and as it doesn't spray I accidentaly poured half of the sample on my forearm. I hated the smell, but it lasted whole day and it was still pretty noticeable after bath! So the quality must be superior, but the scent is toooo soapy for me.

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

Prada's Amber por homme, and amber for her are delicious and i feel them unisex... I have both, use both, mix them and get a lit of compliments with both. A good one for everyday.

Helsinki
Helsinki

Hi guys. Everything necessary has already been said. I've enjoyed reading your reviews which eventually lead me to purchase Prada Amber.

Prada Amber is a low-tone, low-key, high-end soap scent. "Squeaky clean" describes it quite well, especially when compared to Prada Homme Intense.

To me, Amber says "me love you long time" - the longevity is exceptional at 10 hours. Perfect for a workday if you don't like to reapply. ...15 notes, yet so very balanced!

After the bergamot top it's polite, elegant, and soapy. Even leather doesn't make it dirty. :) Would be stellar in formal office environment. Prada Amber also helps you complete Mission Seduction (if you wish to do so). The drydown "hums" at a low key and is still noticeable -> consider wearing this to a nightclub.

Ten points, Daniela Andrier-Roche. What a brilliant scent!
I will never ever ever get bored of this relaxing charmer.

kellz1843
kellz1843

I don't know anything about soapy smells or expensive soaps. I know I bought this the other day and I instantly made it my signature scent. I have been looking for about a year for that scent that I would want to be "mine." I have found it. I can't describe it at all. It is just perfect. I am glad I found it. I don't have the money to have the 100's of bottles in my collection I see some of you have on this site. Right now I got 7 in my collection and as I mentioned, I just found #1.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

The Soapyscent guy loves soapy scents. This one is a treasured classic. Highly recommended if you enjoy the soapy scents!!!

jozi1991
jozi1991

Nice clean, classy scent. It smells like soap but expensive one. Long lasting but projection only decent. When I smell this I imagine a gentleman wearing a nice elegant suit. I use it when I go to work. This fragrance has feminine vibe for sure. Overall 8/10

andy

it's a high end long lasting scent with a great smell

benjililin
benjililin

Fallen in love with this!
I can see what people mean by sopey, but not the soap you will all think of..
It has the hint of an expensive soap, one you might find in a posh upper class hotel.
Very clean, sensual, sophisticated fragrance. A MUST HAVE!
My signature fragrance aswell :)

Siliage - 8/10
Longevity - 9/10
Smell - 9/10
Season best in - Winter/Fall/Spring
Overall - 9/10

Vincents1278

For me, finding this is the culmination of years of searching for a fragrance I absolutely love. I even spent two years making natural perfumes at home. Soapy? Maybe if you don't know what you're smelling. It's called linalool. There's a touch of something that reminds one of suede - maybe a combination of vetiver and something else. The amber is subdued and lightly sweet with floral notes and the combination reminds me of violets. Most men don't want to smell this way. I do. There are no ridiculous sharp citrus top notes and no synthetic smelling woods. No marine notes or incense aromas. It's a classy mens fragrance.
My skin is usually dry so fragrances don't last very long on me, but this one lasts at least 7 hours on me.

qwerty82
qwerty82

Nice...but way too soapy. As per other reviews this and Infusion D'Homme really do smell like expensive soaps. Not for me I'm afraid.

mystica
mystica

This is one of the best men's fragrances out there. It has character, it doesn't smell generic in any way. Very clean, relaxing, deep, soft, yet still a manly scent. Can be used by a woman as well, but I would prefer it on a man. There should be more men around smelling Prada Amber Pour Homme!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I wanted to try it because i heard many people saying that it was warm oriental type scent that could be unisex. It can be considered unisex, yes, but its a very clean soapy scent which is definately not my cup of tea. For people who like this sort of scent, more power to you but smelling like soap is not my thing.

seand7373
seand7373

Love it !!!!!

AMBER POUR HOMME is another excellent soapy unisex perfume from Prada in the spirit of INFUSION D'HOMME. The two share the very same soap note, which also happens to dominate both compositions, so if you like one, you'll like the other, and if not, you won't! I happen to love this soap note, but if it clashes with your particular skin or nose, you'll be in big trouble, since it is the focal point.

The other components are a bit different from L'INFUSION (which is a composition around iris). Here the labdanum + vanilla = amber (this is not ambergris, nor did anyone claim as much, as far as I know..) combine with saffron and leather in a pleasing blend.

I love this particular soap note, I love labdanum amber, and I love saffron and leather, so this one is naturally a winner in my book. But if you are really looking for a skanky musk, a metallic ozonic/aquatic frag, or a citrus or vetiver cologne, you should probably keep looking...

yabadu
yabadu

Too soapy, too feminine..

tomerits
tomerits

world class perfume,very rich and warm,can be used day and night.
love it.
my rank 4.5/5.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I enjoyed this fragrance (I received it as a sample with another perfume I bought online.) It is very floral/iris-y, and has an initial soapy-ness that's very clean and beautiful. It's incredibly light, which is my only issue with the scent. On my skin, it didn't last more than about 45 minutes and it was gone.

evilspin
evilspin

I dont know why so many people disregard or give a negative review about this. Its a LUXURY fragrance. Not a one night stand, sexy nights, romantic evening or rugged masculine fragrance. Its a sense of clean and refreshing. its actually great for gym too. Ive gotten many compliments by women. Its nice for day and meant for the clean gentleman. nor for the rough and tough machismo. If you are rugged, this fragrance compliments and give you that clean and refined man. If you are just a clean versatile or average male, this still compliments you and adds that gentleman with class and luxury. Its not meant to be a signature scent at all or for seducing or for dark seductive nights. unless you have your natural smooth manly suave personal as your weapon already. A great fragrance over all. the "soapy" scent is the clean fresh scent that should be praised. not taken as a negative. it wakes the senses and lets others take notice as your scent would be the most dominant when you enter the room. thats why they released Prada Intense, for the actual opposite of this fragrance, for the seductive, masculine musky nights. Prada knows what they are doing. If you disagree, your not one for Luxury.

happykitty
happykitty

Sexiest smell you can imagine on a man.

Reminds me Bulgari Blu

ikipi

Not for everyone. Fragrance for an elegant man, bright, very neat, friendly, sweet and sensitive. Although it is for men, personally I think it has some feminine look. Excessive application can get to be a bit cloying.

tuky
tuky

I like the smell, it's a little femminine, but it very luxurious and soapy (at the begining)
It is very complex, but pleasant.
10 longevity
10 sillage
9.5 smell (BUT I will chek INTENSE version)
A little gramma fragrance with a combination of pure luxury.

ro-storm
ro-storm

absolutely elegant, very balanced, simply chic!!!!!!!!!!!!! but not for meee....))))))))))))))

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

I got a small sample of this and fell in love. I wear it all the time. At first I didn't know it was a man's fragerance. I love the way it smells on me and I also get compliements from men. I think this scent could definitely be unisex.

lune85
lune85

Prada Amber pour Homme is a soapy incense fragrance. Fellow Asian people: if you ever smelled scented red envelopes or Chinese scented invitations, Amber pour Homme is a soapy, less perfumey, version of that fragrance. Amber pour Homme isn't really my cup of tea, as I find it's fragrance a bit matronly (my grandmother and her home use to smell of the Chinese incense that she burned). On the up side, Prada Amber pour Homme is definitely a well crafted fragrance that manages to make incense smell fresh and clean. Incense lovers should definitely give this a sniff.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Terrible scent. Soap and detergents. I was waiting to the end, expecting anything interesting, but this was so irritating, and I gave up... Horrible and unfortunately lasts ages... Not my story.

oxm
oxm

This perfume, I found out in a manner quite peculiar: on the street were doing the collection of glass, and this bottle (spray) had fallen from the barrel ... I picked it up to put in place but could not resist sniffing ... and thus he decided to buy it.
It is a dry and powdery fragrance,
remember the smell that comes out of the washing machine after washing, but with much more pleasant as it seems to have different souls in their own right, a sort of Rubik's cube with many shades of sweet, bitter, Fougere
soap and ... very unusual ... I can not distinguish his notes: it seems to be a hall of mirrors where now what counts is an incredible feeling of clean.
deserves

twlahue
twlahue

not for me.
my wife associates the smell of this cologne with public restrooms and feminine hygene products.

she felt the same way about YSL M7...

guys use caution,it may smell good to us like soap, but it is all about what the girls associate with the smell, in this case, i think i will pass.

Freshmike

I'm not sure how I ended up purchasing this fragrance last year but after two 3.4 oz bottles, I'm ready to purchase yet another bottle. . The fragrance is exquisite in all notes and the composition complexity is a symphony that my body chemistry has an orgasm to and climaxes each and every single time I wear it. I'm surprised to hear that the grand daughter to the founder created this. It's lasting, but not over-powering or offensive, soapy-ish but not too sweet but then it quiets down to a clean, soft warm scent that is surprisingly masculine while remaining subtle as you walk pass someone; the drydown is so pleasant that it gives a seductive caress to those around you.  It tickles the nose like something mysterious. I can't help but to think, DAMN, im feel'n sexy today as it speaks volumes, without saying a word. Clearly this is a favorite and a MUST HAVE for any mature, professional, handsome, confident man who doesn't need to be on center stage with fragrances. This isdefinitely a scent that will leave a lasting impression. My name is Mike and I APPROVE this review!

robertito1959
robertito1959

my boyfriend gave this to me as a present. i just love the scent of this perfume. it has a very unique fragrance that is very different from other perfumes.

cezarmac
cezarmac

i love this one,never ever felt a smell so good as that.
longevity 10
sillage 9
scent 10
But it doesnt mean that you can use everyday.

Freshmike

An Absolutely wonderful fragrance by Prada. It's definitely a classic a smell to be remembered by; a signature. This scent makes me feel especially handsome, freshly refined, uniquely exotic and even daring. It's a lasting fragrance that's great anytime of the day throughout all seasons. I find it really nice in the fall and winter and is night for an evening out with friends. I can't say enough about Prada and the bottle, another signature trademark because you don't see too many like this one. . My name is Mike and I APPROVE this review!

JohnMc
JohnMc

Very clean, very soapy/floral and 'moorish'. Strangely, the lilac color of the liquid itself acts as a kind of visual signifier of the calming, soothing clean-floral nature of this scent. Subtle, sensuous and intoxicating.

junglefun
junglefun

My first take of this scent I was a bit turned off because of the 'soapy' note gave me a feminine vibe, which turned me off. I later came back to this one and tried it a few times and my take on it is different now and I really like it, and will buy in the future. To me it's great quality, longevity, and projection, and year round I think. I am glad I gave it another chance.

LittleRed
LittleRed

There are reviews here comparing the scent of this to an expensive soap, or soap from the 50's or 60's. I will be more specific and say that it smells like a high quality, vintage SHAVING soap. And it smells wonderful. It reminds me of a freshly clean-shaven, well dressed, classic man, the epitome of a gentleman.

Carestinus
Carestinus

After reading so many reviews about this, I had many contradictory versions and now I finally have it here with me and I have to start by saying I can see what lovers and haters of it say.

I like it but still can't say I love it. It is in fact the scent of an expensive soap and it has certain feminine moments which don't bother me at all, but if overapplied it would definitely annoy: cloying and invasive.

The first idea that came to my mind was: this is unique for a man and so high class! but the friends around said all at the same time: old lady's smell!!! I don't agree but cannot deny its powdery spirit is somehow on the edge and let's face it: most men go for safe scents and use the same ones that smell all similar and feel these scents threaten them. I love rough masculine scents but believe a guy wearing this on the right moment would be just as appealing to the audience.

I still can't say "yes I die for it" because it reminds me of the mixed feelings I have towards Lalique White for its hand cream smell... at moments I feel I have to explain to people "Im not using any facial cream... it's my fragrance...".

As someone said this Prada would work as a part of the general grooming of a guy instead of performing as a scent... By far I prefer this to White. Just hope it'll grow on me to say at last: I love this!!!

Guys, dare to walk through different aromatic paths, you'll discover great new sides of yourself!

stephan
stephan

Longevity: great!
Sillage: great!
Scent: headache inducing.
It smells like soap, I thought I would like it.
But this soap is harsh.
For a nicer soapy feeling, Creed Original Vetiver is the way to go.

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

Well, you might like this one and you might not. After reading all the reviews, I finally found some and tried it on my skin. If you've ever sampled 4711, the very old fragrance that's been around for eons, Prada Amber reminds me of this. It is a soapy smell, but not like Dial soap or anything like that. It reminds me of a very old soap from the 50's and 60's, and I don't remember the name, but it has that same old-fashioned soapy smell to it that's hard to describe. It's also a fragrance I don't particularly like, because for some reason, I associate the smell with something bad from my childhood. I think I smelled that soap one night and then had bad dreams! That's unfortunate for me, but that's my experience. It's truly a unique scent, to say the least, but one you have to try for yourself.

kuba
kuba

without demuring, the Prada Man is,of course,among the great cologne and always will be.what i really like over this cologne is its surrounding soapy and fresh clean scent that wont spare even a frastrated woman.its a soapy, yes but a soap from a yves rocher garden.basicly it presupposes a work of the geneous and here prada manipulated in a sweet way.if you want to win peaples confidence then it is the way to go.sillage and longevity are complimenting each other but not overpowering.A BENCHMARK.

Frangipani76
Frangipani76

STRANGE.....
No, I'm just kidding. The strange thing is I never paid too much attention to this gem. Actually I've just tried it tonight and gosh!! I got the sexiest drydown on my skin after one hour. And it last for long time too. I do not care if it was soapy or else.
Maybe the effect comes from the vanili mixed with balanced patchouli and sprinkled with tonka bean.

marioslg1

After my first experience with this, i would say that i'm dying for this. it is good, for me normal. Strange perfume for men, can be easily used by women but not so much for may taste. i prefer the more masculine perfumes generally. it is more sweet that i expected. i dont know if that was the right decision or if it would be better if i took the infusion in terms of soapiness but i didnt. Generally the comments here are good for this and i beleive that all the chaps find something in it. i will continue using it for a couble of days and will see.

marioslg1

I bought this yesterday, not becuase i liked it that much but because is a very different male scent. i would not say it masculine, although some guys here who probably know more, say that it is but at least it is pleasant. i did not use it yet and i will use it today. the soap in Prada perfumes is so obvious that makes them a category by themselves. i do like clean smells but i do like also fragrances that smell dirty (kouros, dirty english, gucci pour homme, egoiste etc etc). I came across a lot of perfumes and i have/had a lot. this one, together with the infusion from Prada, are one step ahead in terms of unigueness in male perfumes. it smells like you just had a shower with an expensive soap from Paris. I like resins smells and i will update the review at the end of the day, after my first personal experience with this.

In 2003 Miuccia Prada realized that her family company was one of the few in the fashion industry not to have a fragrances line yet, and in a rush she committed to four perfumeurs a bunch of scents to build up her own range.

She also decided that she needed actually two different lines of perfumes, one for the department stores market and a luxurious one to be sold only in her flaghsip stores. She had the great idea to give french names to her "cheaper" products and for the "exclusives" ones she decided that the best option was to entitle them in a "Chanel-number-name" way. Genious! She made sure to have a citrus fragrance in her line together with an amber one, myrrh, rose, leather, tuberose, amber, vetiver and of course...iris. Everything was perfect...well, almost everything. In less than 10 years she gave us more than 20 new fragrances, but we really needed them?

There's only one thing Mrs Prada hasn't considered. Tradition! Her perfumes clearly lacks in tradition. You can have big budgets to hire the best perfumeurs working on expensive raw materials, but if you have no clue the result is what we now have from Prada's scents. Crude, trite and banal emulations of other perfumes, and "Ambra per Uomo" (italian for Amber Pour Homme) perfectly reach this level.

Concluding: Miuccia Prada is not as brilliant in committing perfumes as she is in committing clothes and manufacturing leather accessories, and IMO it doesn't take 8 years and a bunch of money to become Chanel, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Hermes or even Comme Des Garcons.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I absolutely love this fragrance. It just makes my nose happy :o). What is Prada Amber like? It is feminine for sure, yet very, very masculine. It smells like an unbelievable soap. That's what I get. A soapy, powdery, floral scent. It actually smells like the color of the juice ironically.

This got a lot of smiles from the ladies, it is also funny that I don't get most of the notes listed. I would think it would have a little more citrus but I only get floral and soap and then a nice soapy powdery woodsy drydown. I would recommending buying this unless you don't like smelling a little girly to some. Again it isn't girly but it is the polar opposite of say an Azzaro Pour Homme, Grey Flannel or many of the other musky scents. It actually avoids musk as much as a fragrance could. I enjoy it and will wear it year around and is a bottle I will keep for quite some time I am sure.

Edit:So I am wearing this for the 4th time today. Man this thing is so good. The saffron, tonka, vanilla and patchouli in the base with the amber and this thing is devine. I actually caught a whiff from my neck at my desk and looked around like "who is that" LOL

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I found myself trying to talk myself into liking this. Too too powdery and not inconspicuous enough. I do like some autonomy with regards to wearing a fragrance. If I bought this and wore it I would feel pretty narcissistic. I have to say though that I wish that my favorite colognes had sustaining power like this one. It just does not die.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Extremely powdery soapy with hint of sweetness.
It will shock u in summer even spring.
I would wear it in those cloudy cold days for work and special formal occasion.
Longevity 10+hours with good projection.
I prefer infusion d'homme over it.

nocebo
nocebo

Gorgeous frag. I applied it yesterday for trial and I still get a hint of it from my wrist. I was unsure the first time I tried it but when I gave it a second chance I couldn't take my nose off my wrist. ;) Soapy indeed but that's nothing bad. In fact it's glamorous and would perfectly suit a semi-elegant, young, metrosexual style.

Sillage seems okay on my skin, could spread a bit more. But then again, it's great if you only want those you let close to you to notice it. :)

Can't decide between 8 or 9/10 so I'll go with 8.5, also I gotta move it from my "want" list to the "have" one soon.

periquito89
periquito89

You can see it is an oriental, but a very clean one, a bit soapy as has been said, which recalls me a traditional smell of some colognes, so I fully understand why Cassiano mentioned "baby cologne" (review below). Someone could figure that the aspect "classy" is in the sense that some scents from past, which were knew as classy ones, also share this particular smell. I think like that, and for the all scent, not because feels old fashion (and it feels). Actually, I picture a eau de cologne that my dad, mom, brother and I once had*. Been sure that we can get much more with something different, I easily pass.

Update (01/25/2012): to tell the truth, today I can say I would use it easily. I can not dislike it, as I never did.

*The cologne once we had, which now we have again, is called "Leite de Colônia" here in Brazil.

ChateauNeuf-du-Pape
ChateauNeuf-du-Pape

While Amber Pour Homme does start off quite harsh and soapy, after half an hour the dry down becomes much less offensive and it becomes a pleasant, slightly soapy and very sophisticated smell. The longevity is moderate (7-9 hours on my skin), and the silage is good. Overall a delightfully subtle and special fragrance.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Gently elegant with a slight spice and floral heart.
There's a part of it that's too soapy for my taste.
Still manages to be the slightest bit masculine.

noddoc

One of the most complimented fragrance both by women and men

yilmazg
yilmazg

Classy one from Prada. Sweet amber and vanilla on a clean, soapy base. This one is not shouting "hey I am here" this one is saying "Hello Mi'lady, you can always trust me". Clean, sweet and manly in a gentle manner. You won't regret wearing this one. Trust me :)

noddoc

it is a very classy fragrance

William Liang
William Liang

Prada Amber Pour Homme (PAPH) is a "love at first smell" for me. "Prada Man" is classy and masculine gentle. I read that Perfumer Daniela Andrier created PAPH in 4 accords: Cologne (I get a brief top note of Cardamom and Mandarin on first spray); Amber (thereafter, I smell trails of Vanilla & Patchouli); Fougere (the soapy accent is mild on my skin); Leather (I get rather prominent base note of Saffron and tinge of sandalwood). Sillage is good (not too "loud", just nice) and the longevity is also not bad (lasted 7-8 hours on my skin). This fragrance may not be "love at first smell" for some but I felt it's the type of fragrance that will grow in you...as one get to smell/know more of the various Notes (4 accords) of this elegant perfume.

naizzzak
naizzzak

to all of u friends of mine i have tried this one in the duty free area an di found it toooo much powdery it is all powder and very cloying one and the powder smell lingers all the way down as well as i could rank it among the feminine frags i honeslty think it is womenish than being manish>>>>>> but am waiting on pins and needles for the new version of it how it is gonna be smell any body kindly could feed me back on how the new one would smell or how it really smelled if it was tried by any one pllllllllls.

Quinthius
Quinthius

When I first started smelling fragrances, I always passed up the Prada ones. The first time I smelled them, they just smelled "weird" especially on paper, and I wasn't used to the idea of soapy fragrances.

Now that I've been exposed to so many more fragrances, both men's and women's, and have started to develop an idea of what I like and don't like compared to what's out there, as well a developing a curiosity for new or unique scents, I come back to this one and instantly fell in love with it.

This is one of the most beautiful fragrances I've smelled, out of both men's and women's. It is unique but without "trying" to be like a lot of other fragrances. I feel like Prada wanted to make a really nice, classy, elegant scent and didn't really care how well it appealed to the mass market, and I love it. It stands on its own and doesn't feel like a cheap ripoff or imitation of anything else that I've smelled. The entire presentation is very classy... the purple liquid... the metal plate on the container with the engraved ingredients... even the list is simple, and the whole presentation is just very simple and classy.

I'm addicted now and will always have this.

As a side note, my girlfriend was just able to try on the female counterpart to this, and we are both equally as impressed with that. It is a very "different" smell, not just the "same thing but more girly." Very much an oriental/incense/new age type of smell that complements the men's version very nicely. Very impressed with the Prada fragrances overall!

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

This fragrance is going to stay in my wardrobe forever,this is definetely my signature scent until it disapears from the world . Very clean ,soft,flowey ,soapy and creamy aroma surrounds you making you in a very good mood ,now im using it for over one month and never get tired of it ,definitely this is super masterpiece from PRADA . Now my top favourate fragrances started to formulate , this AMBER & INFUSION will stay in my wardrobe forever.
PRADA AMBER POUR HOMME you are my true love.

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top : well done flowery scent, with a little touch of mint, but not pro founding, some amber-like scent lurking out, but not outstanding. 3-4 hours.

Middle: A little spice on the background, but not to much, flower, amber and mint slightly fades, a little incense creeps out, but nothing spectacular. 3-4 hours

Base: Creamy version of the top and middle notes. 1-2 hours.

This scent is a little shocking to me. It comes out as a burst of flower-power, and settles down.....like a well done grandma powder (back here in Asia, this reminds me of a powder scent that has the face of a lady in a small golden box).

When I use this in the office....practically every person in my office sneeze on this. And they were like 'what was that? omg I am so sensitive to this'. I felt bad for sure.

This....could be a night out scent. A scent to use when you are going for a date. But I won't use it, its' to girlish scent , and I have a bad feeling girls might sneeze to this....as I get it from my colleagues in my office...HAHA!

(where's that Fahrenheit, or Burberry London, or Opium scent?? Make more of those! Stop making this....this... metrosexual shit)

I don't get that soapy scent, or that hotel soap scent....

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well on both, but better daily, it is a little quiet at night or cold, but for sure it could be someone's date scent.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 4 (unique flowery scent, smells professional at the same time, but for some reason, in my place...girls hate this...maybe because of the sneezing).

Sillage: 4 (incredible, this is ...a powdery-like sillage, people will smell you).

Time length: 3 (unfortunately, i get 6 hours for this juice).

Occasion: 3 (Could be your work scent...could be your night out scent...., but can never be a daily scent).

Overall base on mathematics: 3.5/5

An over-rated scent, that lives bad impression on me, it could be your scent, but this is a pass for me for sure, unique scent, but....nah...this is not a keeper to me....Maybe I will revisit this some time next time =)

Valentino
Valentino

I can't get enough of this right now!

I get two main accords, the cologne accord and the amber accord. For me, the interplay between the two is just perfect. The result is a luxurious but understated fragrance with an exotic twist.

For me, there is an intriguing Middle Eastern quality to this composition.

Imagine you're sitting in First Class of a Royal Jordanian flight or maybe Emirates. You sink back into a large tan leather seat. A gorgeous, dusky air hostess hands you a steamed towel to wipe your face. The towel is refreshingly scented with cologne but also lightly spiced with cardamom, myrrh and saffron. This is Prada Amber pour Homme.

The luxury and the quietly insistent nature of the fragrance makes it ideal for any occasion. Would make a lovely signature scent for the strong, silent, rich type!

lovescully
lovescully

This is quickly edging its way into one of my top ten fragrances of all time (I think I’m going to have to start considering a top twenty now, as I’m fast running out of room in my top ten!).

This Prada’s definitely got the whole clean & soapy vibe happening, but there’s so much more going on than that. There’s a sweet, earthy, muskiness to it that is strong and bold, yet strangely calming.

Although I think it’s appropriate for most occasions, I most like wearing this to the office. Once it’s given time to settle on my skin, its perfect for public transport and closed office space/meeting rooms. It stays with me nearly all day and when I do get a whiff it’s instantly relaxing.

The top notes are really quite powerful to me, so I always try to put this on at least 30 minutes before walking out the door. While it’s not a monster in the sillage and longevity departments it certainly gives most other masculine fragrances a good run for their money in those stakes. It lasts a good 8 hours on my skin and I’ve had a lot of compliments when wearing this.

So far I’ve only used this in an Australian winter and spring. I’m not sure how it will carry itself in the coming hot Australian summer, but I imagine that if it’s not over-applied it would do just as nicely.

Overall, I’d have no reservation giving this 9 out of 10.

SAMaura
SAMaura

Classic, smooth around the edges, casual & formal at the same time...

Prada Amber is a very luxurious scent. I get a lot of the floral and leather when smelling this, it blends perfectly with one's body chemistry.

The Perfect Mood Enhancer - think of this fragrance that way. I don't wear this one often. After a stressful period at work; after a tough break up with a loved one; when I'm ready to step out on the town - That's when I reach for Prada Amber.

RobbieX

Just had a test of this - a lovely, unique clean, soapy fragrance. Prada produce some great smells

Lottis
Lottis

Did try it on a paper today ... I really enjoyed this Amber of Prada. I like Prada's smooth soapyness. And this one is so elegant.
Next time I try it on the skin. It seems that I can become an owner of several male Prada perfumes ;)

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

when I was @ macys & I smelled this I fell in luv with it! Prada stands out because it does not smell like anything else! Its truly a unique scent! Soap, saffron, oranges... Just AWESOME! LONGEVITY IS GREAT AS WELL!!!

Everybody here pretty much have said it all. It's got sweet amber with a touch of powdery lavender soapiness. It starts out pretty soapy strong but will mellow into something smooth, calm, and unique while its sweetness remain from start to finish.

The scent also makes me think of it as a modernized version of the Alfred Sung Homme (same colored juice) from the early 90's. It's still a unique creation, but it's not something I go after.

This is the first male fragrance that I've tried that I can actually classify as luxurious.

Prada Man is sophisticated rather than overly masculine or sexy. I'm not saying that it isn't pleasant, because it most definitely is, however its cleanliness and subtlety is what I find differs from other scents.

There aren't any particular notes that stand out in this composition. They all tend to blend together nicely, creating an almost soapy and creamy-like quality.

There is a subtle hint of sweetness, particularly in the drydown, that is more natural than sugared. I'm certain that this fragrance's simplicity would garner many compliments from men and women alike.

When I first sprayed this on a card, I had to spray a few times in order to smell it. Fearing that it would be like Prada L'eau Ambree, which I could not smell for hours, I over-applied. Prada Man does take a while to settle, so it's best to wait it out before coming to a conclusion.

Prada Man lasts quite well and the sillage is moderate to average. I do believe that this fragrance is geared towards men who want to be conveyed as being conservative and classy.

guest_Soegar
guest_Soegar

I love this Prada. I try to find this Prada, since 2007 I don't get this Prada yet. I miss the fresh and the aroma of this Prada. in Indonesia, where I can find this Prada?

khalid_shehab
khalid_shehab

so so sweet , long lasting ,I can't stop smelling lovely fruit which wrapping the all notes

n_milligan
n_milligan

really clean and soapy, i dont wear it often. but its good to spray over your bed a few hours before you have a "visitor" ;)

Mindphlux
Mindphlux

Prada Amber is easily my favorite cologne ever. Its very expensive and elegant smelling, yet at the same time it can be worn in any situation by any aged man. Upon first applying it, it does smell soapy and flowery. This is what turns most guys off from it because they think its too girly. After 20 to 30 minutes it starts to dry down and develope into a much more manly scent, while still keeping that flower-soap smell. If you're a man who is too insecure to wear something like this then that is fine with me because i'll be the one getting compliments from the women you missed out on by wearing something else.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

classy...sexy...money...sexy....mature...grown...sexy....this will get you laid/ravished/jumped!!!! Some females have stopped me, I tried to keep walking, and got cursed out for walking away, walked back and they said, trying to rip my expensive ass shirt, "WHAT ARE YOU WEARING", I replied, "Prada,.... but the one in the clear glass bottle, with the silver top, and the purple liquid". She said "Thank you I have to buy some for my boyfriend", I dropped my head in disappointment, but it was all good though!!!! LOL

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

My fiance normally wears woody fragrances with leather and tobacco, but this smells AMAZING on him. The fragrance really takes some time to open up, though. At first it smelled a little soapy-clean in the way that Acca Kappa's White Moss smells soapy-clean.

As the fragrance warmed up on his skin it became more intense. I can now smell its ethereal presence in the room! I even think it would be worth a try for me to test it on my own (female) skin chemistry. I just love it! It's not like most men's scents.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Great fragrance. It a subtle fragrance slightly soapy and sweet and clean. Low sillage but I get 10+ hours on my skin. It doesn't scream to be worn, but when you do you wonder why I don't wear this more!! 10/10

Cassiano
Cassiano

High quality scent, that shows itself very refined since it is applied.
It is softly floral with a smooth powdery aroma in its base, which reminds me baby cologne.

It possesses a delicious scent that keeps exhaling for a long time. It is not aggressive, even though it has presence! Maybe that’s the differential of this scent that carries the dna of the Italian creations.

In my opinion it is fantastic for daily use, and it fits very well with the Brazilian hot weather.

jrtok
jrtok

I love this one!! unique & outstanding.. smells so expensive yet heart warming.

_lolita_
_lolita_

Though I am female I really enjoy wearing prada homme once in a while.
On my skin it is clean, creamy and warm.
Lovely!

dm8m
dm8m

Prada Amber pour Homme is a very manly, very clean & very professional scent for man. It's a very sophisticated scent, yet not too strong that men at their 20's won't shy away from it. It echos chic man on those special occasion.

Brando
Brando

This smells just like Dial handsoap or something. I like the smell of soap, but not something like Dial. I do not like this at all.

thepicketywitch
thepicketywitch

I'm a really big fan of Prada perfumes...I really like how unfussy they are; someone gave me a sample of this a couple years ago, and I completely fell in love. It starts out really clean, like expensive barber's soap, with a hint of citrus, really fresh, really basic; then it dries down to a nice husky scent that has hints of sandalwood and patchouli. The closest thing I can think of that is similar in smell might be Nag Champa incense, only lighter. It's a very interesting scent, and I can't remember ever having smelled anything like it...needless to say, once my sample was done, I ran out and bought myself a bottle.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I don't know where to start with this scent apart from maybe....*bows down at the feet of the nose behind this scent* THAT!
The first time I smelled this scent it was one of those times you have to keep smelling and keep smelling. It's absolutley beautiful and the amount of compliments it draws is astounding.
How to describe it? It's...a feathery soft scent to my nose but with a masculine twist. It smells powdery..it smells like a warm, fluffy but masculine blanket. I would pair this to a man who is gentle, and stunning to look at. The kind of guy that would stop you in your tracks as he went past..
I mean, I own this scent but hey who cares lol.
My other half uses this all the time when I'm not around, it's nearly finished and I need more.
It's in my top 5 male scents in the world to date and I could bathe in it.
It lasts a hell of a long time with my chemistry, it's a good quality perfume. A total winner! annnnnd it's purple!!

anasage
anasage

I first bought this for my 19 year old son. I love it, his girlfriend loves it, and it took the place of all of his other scents. He loves it, and it matches his lifestyle- professional musician, etc. I then tried it on someone I work with quite closely, who is 64- it smelled great on him as well. This is a mysterious, classy, romantic, yet urban smell. Contingent on your setting, it could go from casual to dressy-

guest_Ric
guest_Ric

I have been wearing this for 2 years, I love it, is good for day and evenings.

omega_69
omega_69

I'm torn on this one. I like it, but at the same time I don't. It's very floral and musky on my skin. Sillage is good. I don't know - I really see this one as more of an elegant fragrance. Not a daily-wearer for me.

andy

it would be a nice scent if they did NOT just overload it with amber and sweeten it up so much this smells like a ladies perfume and the florals and woods just make it strange and i have NEVER found a guy wearing this

its way too sweet and POTENT and its a sillage monster...... stay away from it

guest_Tam
guest_Tam

I'm normally a slightly prudish, standoffish kind of woman but my ex wore this and I was totally under his thrall when he did.. I've even been sad enough to buy a bottle for myself to spray on the pillows at night!

liam0225
liam0225

I love this fragrence it has a rich sentual opening with very slight notes of barbers soap and lavander and gently dies down throught the course of the day by the very end of the day the fragrance declares its self over with a delecate yet luxurious note of vanilla, ver long lasting, prada clearly didnt make this to sell by the millions as it is very unique but i like the fact that i dont smell like every other guy when i wear this it is so unique and i love it, i also love the bottle design very simple but looks elegant. i woulndt say this is an old man smell either as i am in my teens and i love it. all in all a very classy and luxurios fragrance that stays with me all day long ever evolving into another great stage of the scent.

6opar
6opar

Classy and rich. Sweet and tempting. I can wear this every day and will never get bored of it.
Uniquely elaborated scent of musk, cardamom and neroli. ****(*)

duncan50
duncan50

Nice scent but to soapy, smells like I have just had a shower. That said it is wearable in small doses.

scenturian
scenturian

Definitely masterpiece, amazing.
I love everything in it, bottle, color, box. Very luxurious. I cant stop myself using everyday.
Gently sweety, spicy, woody, floral.
Very hot and sexy. Words r not enough 2describe this beauty.

very strong fragrance, but also light if that makes any sense. it smells like spraying on really good soap. i really like prada, but its only suited for very nice occasions in my opinion. not for a average day or date.

veronique
veronique

I really like it, not too woody or musky. Classy, elegant
scent, very wearable.

Kama
Kama

I think Prada Amber is one of the best male perfumes.. I love them on my boyfriend..
They are very classy with sensual sweetness... just love them!
And so what if they are soapy??
Soap was the 1st man's perfume...
Great soap can be really magical...
Although I do not find those perfume as soapy, rather as very classy scent.

guest_drew
guest_drew

kinda femnine and not too well balanced its a bit of a WEIRD fragrance smellz too catered for the 50+ age group

valdano
valdano

Yeah, i agree with everyone who said that this fragrance got a SOAPY smell...
Too bad my mom thought i was wearing too much soap after bath!

guest_black scorpion
guest_black scorpion

i think this smell is very very bad , i didnt feel the luxury of prada in it
its not what i expected at all
prada can do better

Leo
Leo

a high class soapy cologne...
Very simple...
Soap...soap... and soap...
Luxurious enough...
dont use it as a daily cologne..

knightz
knightz

[Gush Mode]
This scent is a tease. It doesn't command attention, it's too subtle to do that. Instead it begs for attention. It captivates your interest with it's promising notes, drawing you in closer to get better acquainted, but never giving up all it's secrets completely all at once. Addictive. It has an inviting sexiness to it.
[/Gush Mode]

A fleeting fruity opening is followed by a sweet Tonka-Vanilla heart with very light Patchouli. The base gives it lightly powdery touches of Vetiver, Sandal, and Saffron. It's lightly sweet but not too sweet, every note is well restrained.

Very classy.

m_pooka
m_pooka

A good one, but feels like a second option for all occasions tome. Very soft with small projection and poor longevity in my opinion.

alpasha66
alpasha66

A true perfume for an important business meeting or an interview, nothing like a fresh, clean, soapy, smooth and appealing perfume. its more of a Winter day. The last thing to wear before leaving that puts an end to any susspession and begins your day with.

Mariano
Mariano

I had to test it twice before buy it, I wasn't sure becouse of the "foamy" opening, but the drydown it's great. Very refined scent. A must have.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

so clean, fresh. Gentle in a smooth way. A Must for any serious collection.

Herzeleid
Herzeleid

absolutlly office wear,smooth clean professional.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Very clean fragrance, and have had quite a few compliments too. Nice soapy clean lines.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

I love love love this, it smells so expensive, old school but yet modern. i love the clean shaving foam soapy smell when it drys.

Definately pure luxury in a bottle.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

Amber seems to be on of the recurring notes in most of my fragrances. When this came out…I had to have it. I get a lot of complements from both men and women

2007

Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) by Prada 4.02 out of 5 based on 1545 ratings and 296 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prada Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prada Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) by Prada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Prada Amber Pour Homme (Prada Man) by Prada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.