Designers » N-Q » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Prada Candy L'Eau Prada for women

Prada Candy L'Eau Prada for women
dislike

caramel
Prada Candy L'Eau Prada for women Videos Prada Candy L'Eau Prada for women Videos
Prada Candy L'Eau Prada for women Pictures Prada Candy L'Eau Prada for women Pictures Prada Candy L'Eau Prada for women Pictures Prada Candy L'Eau Prada for women Pictures

Prada unveiled its gourmand caramel scent named Candy in 2011. In April 2013, the house lunches its adapted version under the name of Prada Candy L'Eau. Like the original, the new version is also signed by perfumer Daniela Andrier.

This playful and seductive perfume is modified with notes of citruses and flowers. Its opening sparkles with fresh Italian citruses, followed by the floral heart of sweet pea. The base is signature warm and gourmand, composed of benzoin, white musk and caramel.

The face of the advertising campaign is French actress Léa Seydoux. The promotional video was directed by Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 80 ml Eau de Toilette. The nose behind this fragrance is Daniela (Roche) Andrier.

Citruses

Mirage Daydream

Prada Candy L'Eau Fragrance Reviews

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Something about the candied sweet pea in this initially reminds me of the candied, musky flowers in Flowerbomb. But there the comparisons end as this is a light, summery EDT.

I wish there were an EDP version as well since, to me, L'Eau has the brightness and variation that the original Candy is missing. It's the refreshing, perky version of Candy, the Spring/Summer antidote to its Fall/Winter, hermit-like coziness. L'Eau still has plenty enough caramel and musk to continue on the Candy tradition but it infuses a spark into the familiar notes.

It's true that it has less projection than Candy, but it *is* an EDT after all, and this quality makes it much easier to wear in hot, sultry environments. I get 10+ hours of longevity.

auroramaria

If this lasted longer it would be really worth having however it smells really delicious and it is very well done it lasts a little longer when it is hot outside

Msgreenpebble
Msgreenpebble

I received a sample of this with another purchase expecting this not to be my scene at all....and it isn't....but it's great! As the other reviewers have noted, it goes on super pink and sweet but then evens out to a surprisingly wearable yet feminine scent. Like a very pretty and flirty girl with brains who knows exactly what her effect is on others. A great instance where the advertising (directed by the fabulous Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola) PERFECTLY matches the scent. Sure it doesn't last long, but that seems besides the point. You just get to spray it again while humming Jaques Dutronc's l'idole! Well done.

lu.scopel
lu.scopel

I am not a huge fan of sweet scents at all, I tried the EDP and I thought it was just extremely sweet, but this one is PERFECT! It's sweet but there's something refresing about this perfume! It reminds me of vanilla ice cream but not that sweet. I think it's perfect!

aiobhan
aiobhan

I usually wear vanilla/caramel based scents heavy on amber and spicy woods - Shalimar and Duelle are my favorites - but I wanted something similar, just lighter for summer.

I didn't like the original Candy as much, but L'Eau has a gorgeous sweet, citrus-y smell. A little bit of the sweet pea comes through, but on me it smells like the top notes of Shalimar with none of the heavier base notes.

Be aware that it sprays on VERY heavy on the citrus and sugar! It smells like candied orange peels. But as it dries, the sugar softens down to a warmer, caramel-y note and the citrus calms a bit. Then the sweet pea and musk notes come out. I end up not smelling like a little girl in $10 drugstore body spray - even though that's kind of how the spray smells at first.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Initially, I was a bit skeptical seeing the notes of Prada Candy L'Eau, as citrus + caramel can sometimes smell like fruit-flavoured hardy candy. However, the citrus in the opening is rather short-lived, and smells more like sugar-coated dried orange peel.

Soon the caramel dominates the whole composition. Compared to the more powdery interpretation of the original Candy, the caramel in L'Eau feels more creamy and milky, like toffee melting in the mouth. Candy L'Eau also feels more nuanced with the subtle addition of sweet pea and the more pronounced musk in the late drydown.

The sillage of Candy L'Eau is very soft, the longevity is around 7 hours. Personally I don't find it significantly lighter than the original Candy, but more creamy than powdery in texture, more nuanced and with a more classic structure compared to the original Candy. Playful yet with an elegant undertone, or cosy and snugly, I think Candy L'Eau fits well in both scenarios.

When I tried Prada Candy L'eau side by side with Prada Candy Florale, I found that this Prada Candy flanker actually references Infusion d'Iris more than Candy. Perhaps that's why I like it more than Candy Florale, which references neither!

It must be the benzoin connection, in part, which reminds me of Infusion d'Iris, but also the sweetness of this composition is more under control, and it does not smell like "abstract pink" juice. I am a big fan of the Infusion series, and this Candy flanker better coheres with my idiosyncratic olfactory sensibilities. Candy always reminded me of Trussardi Inside, for the record.

Candy L'eau is not really so "eau" as it is "light". Thank goodness "l'eau" means dilute here rather than "calone"!

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

I love the original EDP because it's so warm and personal, perfect for colder weather and cosiness. The citrus notes hold on my skin more than my favoured base notes in this and it really comes to the fore in warmer weather, but as another reviewer said below, layering this over the top of the EDP gives them both real character and substance. Having also recently favoured the CANDY FLORALE as a more specific summer fragrance, on its own L'EAU is also better in summer!

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

I was never sold on the original Prada Candy,not sure why but there was something about it that didn't quite fit for me. This Prada L'eau has a wonderful combination of citrus, caramel and musks that coexist nicely. Longevity is a only a few hours but I don't mind reapplying and the bottle is absolutely gorgeous!

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Vanila Ice Crem :)

zzMaja
zzMaja

I have tried both the Prada Candy EDT and the Prada eau de toilette. I wish I could enjoy this scent the way so many people seem to enjoy it, but I don't. I find it weak, not very long lasting and too simple. The first sprays are delicious, but it dies down on me. I have a hunch that this would be a great summer scent when more of your skin is bare or a great after shower scent to spray liberally before going to bed or dancing cheek to cheek.

chrissyc15

I honestly didn't like it when I first tried it back in November, BUT I was also looking for something like Prada Candy. I just tried it a few days ago and cannit wait for the weather to get a little warmer so I can wear! The citrus makes it perfect for warm weather, BUT the caramel still makes it a delicious gourmand! It's the perfect blend!!!

arlina1
arlina1

I bought this after receiving a sample. I love love love it. They have a rollerball that is perfect for your purse. It comes with a very chic holder so it does not come open and rollerball the inside of your purse. Of course they sell the rollerball since it does not last more than a few hours and you will need it for touch ups.

This smells different than the original Candy. I think it is more complex and deeper. I sometimes sleep in it because it is gone by morning and I can fall asleep in candy bliss.

Eirlys
Eirlys

I read the reviews on here first before trying the perfume. I always thought Candy is too sweet, it's like you have sugar on your skin, but when I tried the L'eau Candy, I was pleasantly surprised. It's sweet at first, but not the sugary type, it almost reminds me of Viva La Juicy the first 5 minutes. I also sprayed the original Candy on my skin, and 7 hours later, the L'eau scent is still there, the original isn't.

I would say this perfume is excellent for night time, but because it's not too sweet, it's great for all seasons. The scent itself is not something out of this world, it's pleasant, but nothing really special. I think there're a lot of fragrances out there similar to this one, but because the scent is very wearable, this would make a safe blind.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I liked the original but had only tried it on a card. I tried this on my skin and really dislike it. I don't get any citrus or florals at all. It has that plasticky sticky-sweetness I associate with mass-market celebrity-endorsed stink bombs. I am pretty disappointed to get such a generic scent from a Prada perfume.

DONNA VARSIK
DONNA VARSIK

i bought this,i love the scent very similar to prada candy but much lighter.it lasted on my arm about an hour.i loved the lightness of it but foir the hefty price tag even with20% off i couldny justify it.i returned it.if i can get it half price than i'll get it.

kikinha
kikinha

It lasted forever on my skin, but seriously - flat sweet. Nothing interesting on my skin. Not worth 70 dollars.

Mandalila
Mandalila

Beautiful scent, less intense and caramel than the original and doesn't last as long but I love it!! To me, it smells like a fruity champagne infused with caramel and musk. Really smells seductive and alcoholic when you first spray it on. Wears beautifully in the heat. Still like the original better but love this one too.

Erin perfume addict
Erin perfume addict

Another disappointing fragrance. Smells just like Paris Hilton's Can Can, and
Marciano by Guess. I find Escada Magnetism is a slightly fruitier version of these three.

almarie
almarie

I think this is unfortunately not worth the price as it's just a lighter version of the original Candy. I own Candy and love it, but this is just ok and I cannot justify buying this one.

It is a beautiful sweet scent just like Candy. Maybe a little more fresh and powdery. I totally love them both.
I find this one luxurious and delicious.

The first Prada I like. Candy L'Eau smells sweet & delicate on my skin, while Candy smelled like a cheap deodorant, very plain and obtrusive. I am happy that Prada started creating perfume that works better with my skin chemistry, like L'Eau.

Update: after second test, I have mixed feelings about it, because it smells like citrus-caramel.

papergurl
papergurl

I liked Prada Candy, but I couldn't justify a full bottle because of the longevity on my skin. Then came L'eau and from the first sniff, I just loved it. I see it as a different scent and again, I just wish it lasted longer. I sprayed some on the top of one hand untouched and gone in an hour. I was ready to plunk down some dollars. This morning I sprayed some True Religion Love, Hope and Denim (inexpensive blind buy from Ross or Marshalls) and I stopped in my tracks. I put the last of my sample of L'eau on the other hand. Ok, not exact, but very carmel/musk similiar. The longevity and sillage are so much better with the True Religion also. I like the richness of L'eau, the touch of citrus, but just can't justify the cost to have to respray so often. I may give it another try in warmer weather. I may grab another bottle of the True Religion for my carmel fix.

lady_D
lady_D

I met Candy L`eau around a half a year ago, at the airport, coming back from a trip. I sprayed it on me without expecting to like or even love it, as I had tried the original Candy before and it did not attract me really. I found her sister to be quite different. Caramel, yes, sweet (just as I like my perfumes to be), yes, but there was something more, something light, bubbly and happy, citrusy, something ladylike and pretty. However, I had already bought some other perfumes, so I just considered it being a good investment in the future, and forgot about it.
So I met my Candy L`eau again just recently. And now I truly fell in love. Maybe its the craving for something gourmand and comforting during this cold winter time (even though it is considered as a spring-summer perfume), I do not know, but this time it was contageous. So now I am sitting here, smelling my coat which still has Candy L`eau on it (so the longevity is not that bad, it also stayed for quite a while on my skin, closer to the skin at the end, but so tempting that I sniffed my wrist every 20 minutes), checking every now and then, whether my package has been dispatched, as I cannot live without it. I instantly ordered the 80ml bottle with the body lotion as a gift for myself on my birthday. It could easily become my new signature scent.

akio
akio

I used both Candy and Candy L'eau, and I realized they are not the same. Prada Candy L'eau is fresher, more fruity(maybe because of my chemistry), lighter, softer, and I think that's why it's "l'eau" version. I love both of them but sometimes when I need a breath of fresh air, I choose L'eau.

chrissyc15

I am a HUGE fan of the original Prada Candy but just think that its longevity leaves something to be desired. I was SO EXCITED when this came out because I thought it might have more stay power and be very similar. I received a free sample, but, UNFORTUNATELY, I really do not see where they smell that much alike.

It is much more citrus and floral than the original Candy.

It starts off smelling florally sweet, but develops on the skin into a sweet citrus, but more citrus than sweet.

This is why I cannot understand why so many people say they are so similar, because Candy was much more caramel with no citrus to be found.

Unfortunately the longevity is not very good either. I really expected better out of a Prada brand. Its a nice sent, but it does not last long enough to justify spending the money on it.

ledavis727
ledavis727

For some reason this perfume just smells happy to me. Pure happiness in a bottle. On first spray it is a sort of tartly sweet candy smell, and after drying it evolves into a warm caramel smell lightened by a slight amount of citrus. After a couple of hours it is mostly gone but I can still smell it if I press my nose directly to my wrist, and in that final stage for some reason it smells like lipstick; beeswax and a tiny bit of caramel. It is so likeable and playful that I just feel happy every time I wear it, but it is quite light so I do tend to re-spray every so often to get the opening smell back.

dovey
dovey

Lighter softer version of Prada
u still get the caramel & benzoin thingy finally a pink sugar done in a decent way without the burnt sugar or foody notes that pink sugar had
BUTTTT.............
its like it fades away the moment you spray it on :s
Very poor longevity

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

This is quite lovely! It's the one of only a few that I am willing to pay full price for (yes, I am cheap). It's sweet and almost watery. Much nicer than prada candy which is too similar to pink sugar. This is nothing like candy except they are both sweet. This has a flowery, slight citrus (very slight) feel to it but still sweet. I can't say it's gourmand but it might be? Ok, sucky review but I can't seem to say exactly what I love about it.

I_love_perfume
I_love_perfume

I really love this fragrance, one of my favourites. This one is so much nicer then the EDP version. It is not as sickening and the floral notes added to the EDT works really well with the benzoin vanilla. I can't stop smelling my wrist with this fragrance. Only down side to this lovely fragrance is the longevity. You have to keep reapplying through out the day. But i guess that is what you get from a EDT!

SucceeD87
SucceeD87

Just a softer version of Prada Candy. It's soft and lovely.

molson316
molson316

I got a sample of this yesterday and I thought...."mmmmm, I so like this refreshing new twist on Candy (which I didn't care for) It's more subtle than its sister, more nuances and dimensional w/o that weird dissonant dry down!"

Enter my 10 year old daughter coming home from school 4 hours later. Holding my wrist up I asked her if she likes it. (Our noses are so different. She really loves Coach Poppy!). Anyway, I thought, this ought to be interesting. "This smells like Nonny (my mother)!" She says, taking another big inhalation of my wrist. "Exactly!"

Oh no! I smell my wrist again! My first impression from the top & mid-notes has evolved into: Coco Mademoiselle? More astonishing? She's right!!

So, maybe I'll get this when my huge bottle of Coco M runs out. I really love the top & mid notes of Prada Candy L'Eau Prada better than Coco M. Which to my nose is pretty linear.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

The spawn of the higlhy poo-pooed Candy. As you might know from my review of Candy, I quite like the original. I find its subdued, dusty, powdery, burnt sweetness quite pleasant and a refreshing take on the gourmand "caramel" style. I also get decent lasting power and projection.

This new version "L'Eau" is pleasant to my nose, but not nearly as remarkable, although the strength and lasting power seem to be similar. The addition of a light floral touch and citrus top notes are not without reminding me of the later Shalimar Initial L'eau. Some light citrus, soft feminine floral and a sweet-ish powdery base. They do not smell the same, but they are built in a similar fashion. In the Prada, the caramelized citrus are quick to steal the show whereas in the Guerlain, the powdery floral aspect is the one that lingers on the skin.

I prefer the Guerlain myself, but were I to be gifted the Prada, I would surely wear it once in a while. It's pleasant, discreet, feminine but playful. But not as fun as her big sister, Candy. I find the sweet citrus to be a bit overwhelming after a while, but I seem to be sensitive to strong sweet citrus.

I'm thinking that if you have blind bought Eau de Shalimar looking for a soft, sweet citrus scent but found it too dated/mature for your tastes, this might be a good alternative. I remember a craze
about EdS in the Summer and remember reading a few people saying that it was not what they thought it would be. Give Prada Candy L'Eau a try, maybe?

katierichardson
katierichardson

Love this so much more than the EDP version! Its a lot lighter and doesn't have the old musty smell, which put me off the original.

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(ENGLISH)
This looks like a lighter version of Flowerbomb, with sweeter and less flower. I like it, but we must be careful with the amount you use. Not reminded me Prada Candy EDP (I love and am addicted to him) at any time, do not buy thinking it was the same for refusal of name: it is not.

(PORTUGUESE)
Este lembra uma versão de Flowerbomb mais light, com mais doce e menos flor. Eu gosto, mas há que se ter cuidado com a quantidade que se usa. Não me lembrou o Prada Candy edp ( que amo e estou viciada nele) em momento algum, não comprem pensando ser igual por cusa do nome: não é.

RedFloyd
RedFloyd

I find out this is great for layering with the original one! First apply the original as a base, then apply the L'Eau. The smell remains fresh and citrusy, but much thicker and caramelized. Plus the sillage and longevity becomes much stronger! It's delicious!

Amberlynn4
Amberlynn4

I like this one much better than the perfume version. The perfume version was too intense for me and gave me a headache after wearing it. This one I love. Just bought it.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Saw L-Eau at Ulta today, I agree with the review below, it actually does remind me of Cashmere Mist (which does not agree with me at all). When I think of Candy, I think sweet and this and the original Candy are the complete opposite of sweet. Both Candy and Candy L-Eau are very dusty smelling on me, I don't dare say "old lady" but it does smell very very mature. Not my cup o' tea but loads of ladies seem to love it, I'll leave it to them. On the plus side this stuff lasts forever and the sillage is very good.

SUHAD
SUHAD

It's not my cup of tea, reminds meof Flowerbomb to me they almost the same in different bottles :)

Jama4

=
Prada L'eau Candy

Skin Type: oily
Office safe: yes
Potency: light (5 or more sprays necessary)
Longevity: 4-6 hrs
Timing: spring & summer
Projection: 4 feet initially then arms' length

Will I purchase: yes

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This fragrance is simply delicious and wonderful. I am so hooked, so I bought some samples of the original Candy to try, hoping the original would be more intense. I will update my review after I try the original. Wow, this is a fantastic perfume. It creates a golden caramel aura around you without feeling like you're wearing a caramel perfume.

I love the creaminess and the slight powdery touch that this fragrance has. It is a touch spicy from the benzoin as it dries down. It reminds me of a version of Miss Dior that I had tried- very sophisticated and expensive smelling, although close to the skin only.
Unfortunately, lasting power is close to 4 hours, but close to the skin.

Sillage is evident in the first 1-2 hours, and that's it. But like other reviewers mentioned, the fragrance itself is so delicious and addictive, it's hard not to spray more. I was at work and usually don't have time/ don't make time to re-spritz during the day, and with this little sample, I did so twice! They put something in here to addict you....
EDIT: I LOVE this, enough to save up for a bottle. I actually don't like the original Candy samples I got, those are being returned. The original Candy is too much like Pink Sugar, whereas this one is much more sophisticated and beautiful a fragrance.

rachellecunningham
rachellecunningham

I can't decide if I prefer the original Candy or Candy L'eau. Where the original is a thicker sweet caramel, L'eau is a lighter caramel scent with the added citrus that smells gorgeous. For someone that likes sweet without being too cloying, I'd suggest L'eau over the original Candy.

chillalot
chillalot

OMG Elegia's review is spot on this version is way more sophisticated..I finally tested this...it is lovely...here I go again yes I love a warm sweet fresh scent.. but not a headache causing/ annoying gourmand. Candy L'Eau beckons one to snuggle up for a closer whiff. If the regular Candy was too sweet and young for you then you will appreciate her older/sexier/more confident sister L'Eau

elegia
elegia

I could not stop grinning after I first tried on this perfume. I love this scent! I did not care for the original Prada Candy at all - it was far too cloyingly sweet and made me a bit queasy. L'Eau is everything I want in a scent called "Candy". Whereas I feel like "Prada Caramel" would have been more appropriate for the original Prada Candy, Prada Candy L'Eau smells much more like a sweet shop to me. When my boyfriend smelled it, he said I smelled like Sour Patch Kids. This fragrance is light, sweet, and has a sort of fizzy vibe to it. It has the essence of Pink Sugar without the strong licorice notes but also has a subtle but effective blend of floral, citrus, and fruit to balance the sticky sweetness. When I smell it at any stage on me, I don't necessarily think "caramel" or "sweet pea" or anything specific - it's more of just a lovely, general sugary sweet but subtly fresh smell. It's definitely a gourmand, but in my opinion it manages to be far classier and elegant than the other of its type on the market. I wore Pink Sugar in high school and some of college but find it way too sharp, cloying, and youthful for me now. Prada Candy L'Eau is a lovely way for me to capture the essence of that sugary sweet candy scent I used to love, but in a more subtle, refined, and sophisticated (well, as much as any sugar candy scent could be). It's whimsical and playful without automatically being immature and unrefined.

SS79
SS79

Gorgeous!!! Love this.. and initially I liked it more than the original.. but doesn't last as long :( Beautiful bottle again ...

This is a much improved version of Prada Candy. I like the original, but I love this. It is a bit toned down in the sweetness compared to the original, but just a bit. It is still very sweet, and has a gorgeous floral note added. On me, the benzoin and musk really comes through, and I get no citrus. It did not take long to fall in love with this.

hollyms
hollyms

I couldn't STAND the original Candy, it smells sickly sweet and cheap - nothing like Prada should smell. But this... this is just lovely. It's light, airy, and beautifully sweet. It strongly resembles Flowerbomb to me, which I already own, and that's the only reason I didn't go home with it. I also own La Vie Est Belle, which of course is in the same family. So unfortunately, I don't have room in my life for another gorgeous floral-candy mixture. Otherwise, this is a winner.

Ms. Cherie
Ms. Cherie

Yummy! I just bought this one today after sampling for so long. This EDT is much more wearable than the EDP as the caramel is much softer and the whole composition stays close to your skin rather than emanating the room. One spray lasts two hours.....so just spray more often.....enjoy!

This is a pleasant, soft floral-caramel fragrance. It lacks the burnt note that the original Candy has. Because I can't get past that in original Candy this one is actually a bit more complex and interesting to me.
Definitely gourmand, but more understated. Since it sits close to the skin it would probably even be okay for office wear.

MarillaV
MarillaV

As a big fan of the original Prada Candy, I was excited to try this. This reminds me of a pineapple upside down cake in the best possible way. I get the sweet pineapple fruit opening which transitions to the sticky caramel. It does stay pretty close to the skin and doesn't last as long as the original. But in my mind, it is a lovely fragrance for the warmer months when the original can be too much. Glad I have it in my wardrobe!

perfumebox
perfumebox

The nectary-sweet fruit opening for Prada Candy L'eau is quite loud and strong; more candied fruits than fresh citrus to me, and kinda reminds me of Paris Hilton Can Can. When the Benzoin starts to come through it almost smells a little licorice-like.
As it dries down, the tartness completely disappears and you're left with something like a pretty "powdered caramel" on the skin, and it's quite enjoyable if not for the fact that it is VERY weak on projection and strength, which is a pity.
I do think the lasting power is only so-so, and after half an hour on my dry skin, people could hardly smell it on me.

I do have to say the bottle is gorgeous though.

londonhermit
londonhermit

I own the original Prada Candy and was hoping that this flaker would have more longevity and silliage. Wrong wrong! L'Eau is a very powdery sweet scent with less caramel on the dry down. It sits close on the skin and behaved the same on my clothes. I found myself reapplying after two hours because I could barely smell it. I enjoy the sweetness of L'Eau and the fact that the benzion and caramel mingled nicely with the musk,citrus and peony in the dry down. However shame on Prada for putting out another flanker that doesn't last and charging a nice set of coins, especially for a working class women such as myself.

odisse
odisse

This is one of the greatest summer perfumes imo, but I long to wear it in the winter time as well! It's uplifting and bubbly, flirty in a cute way. I love the original Candy as well, it reminds me of my grandma's apartment... smoky and elegant, yet sweet... delicate, amazing in the hot summer weather believe it or not! So perfect, both of them.

Upd.: Dry down reminds me a LOT of Flowerbomb, sweet vanilla, creamy.

lilacteeth
lilacteeth

This is addictively sweet. I love this. But let me get something out of the way. I have to strongly disagree that this smells like Can Can by P. Hilton, as someone on here said. No, no, no! Can Can (which I tried today to see if their were similarities as one reviewer on here had stated) is an obnoxious, plasticy, sticky, sickly sweet disaster of a fume that made me want to gag. Yes, Can Can has a sharp plastic note. Candy by Prada is sweet, yes but it is so in a refined, alluring way. Candy is classy, Can Can is trashy. Now that that's out of the way... Candy is like a teleport to the candy shop of my dreams, in all it's gourmand, confectionary glory. It's a blast of caramel and citrus which for me gives the impression of cotton candy and I am getting a little bit of powder in the drydown. This feels so refreshing and light when I spray it on but still it's down right gooey-sweet to me and even so manages to stay classy. At times I also get the impression of marshmallow which I enjoy. Quite honestly, I can see how this would not appeal to every person because of it's unabashed vanillic fruity sweetness but I am nostalgic and it reminds me of the fruity/candy body sprays I used to apply as a little girl but more refined obviously. This is an instantly uplifting scent. I am brought into the ultra femme world conveyed in the commercial featuring Lea Seydoux. It makes me want to listen to french ye-ye, sip on some cream soda (out of a glass bottle of course) put on a gore skirt, knee socks and cute little tie-up wedges...it makes me feel bubbly, girly and playful. Definitely would appeal to younger generations of which I am sure are also nostalgic for the popular candy sprays marketed to us when we were little girls. On another note, the bottle is very fitting and gorgeous. Longevity seems nice for the drydown...sillage seems moderate at best. It is just very light and young. It seems rather linear. It does not have strong development but still I love it perhaps because my nostalgia gets the better of me. This is a sweet little perfume I will be wearing as an instant mood lifter.

kadinurr
kadinurr

It's a skin scent like Prada usually is. Candy L'Eau has the same heavenly generous benzoine base as Candy, but somehow the citrus note feels refreshing but then at some moments it feels artificial. Both Candys are sweet but not like a sticky candy on a little girls face but like an expensive handmade candy between a ladys fragile fingers. Candy L'Eau longevity is weaker than Candys, I can still smell basenotes of Candy the following morning while Candy L'Eau has dissappeared.

MichaelCerasEyebrows
MichaelCerasEyebrows

This is lovely! I love it just a bit more than the original Candy, Candy L'eau is so perky and such a pick-me-up! It smells like caramel candy green apples, and for me, green apples always smell citrus, so yes, this is citrusy! It all works out though and the notes are blended well together. I don't think I need to comment like the next person how weak this fragrance is, it's so unfortunate :/ Maybe when the price goes down I'll consider a purchase, but for now, all I can enjoy is the memory.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Having the original Prada Candy...I must say I like this just as equal, it's nice,simply put "L'eau" is the even lighter slightly sparklier sister of candy, from first spray I immediately get the original Candy with some added citrus tones, which quickly dissipates after a while...&& your pretty much left with the same powdery-ness && smell as the orig...Which Candy I feel is already light so to make this even lighter is kind of a cop...I like this but I'll stick to the original I do love that color on the bottle better will I spend more for a weaker juice b/c I like the bottle color better when I can get the orig. for cheaper...NO!would I mind if someone gifted this to me...NO! this is still rather nice scent, give it a try. :)

Update: This kinda grew on me...to where I may need a bottle, Its slight difference makes it really interesting && nice && the price is fairly good, but it just doesn't last!..but hey I guess I can live with that. :)

Overall: 7/10

jonr951
jonr951

Ok, I might get ripped to shreds with this one, but when I first put on Candy L'Eau, I got a mix of Infusion d'Iris edt and, of all things, something along the lines of Can Can Paris Hilton! The initial blast is as sweet as can be! Of course L'Eau isn't as nearly as strong as the FRUITY SWEET MONSTER that is Can Can, but L'eau really did remind me of it when I 1st put it on, or at least something of that nature that I can't put my finger on at the moment. I actually really LOVE it, and of course it's far better done than a lot of other SWEETies out there, so it's definitely going on my want list. It doesn't really remind me of the original. You can say that they're both in the sweet family, but that's about it. I mean, I guess you can say the caramel in the base reminds me of the original, but that's really about it. It's a much much lighter Can Can w/ a small dollop of the original at the base. LOVE the new coloring of the bottle and juice btw. Oh, and the lasting power is just fine for an edt, I really have no complaints w/ it. : )

Update: Maybe the sweetness I smell is more along the lines of say, Gucci Flora Glamorous Magnolia, more specifically its dry-down. Seriously, do test it yourself because this one's a toughy for me when it comes to explaining it, even though it could not be more simple of a scent. My nose is losing it! Haha! ; )

fintifljusha
fintifljusha

The first Candy was limited edition. Does anyone know about this one?

bjkeough
bjkeough

I bought some samples of the original Prada Candy to test before making the leap to spend what the big bottle cost. I've not tried this one yet but if it doesn't last any longer than 1 to 2 hours after application then why is it so costly? I expect a fragrance to last 6 to 8 hours after application, but 1 to 2 hours of a yummy, very costly fragrance is all I got out of the original. The silage is so weak my son told me he couldn't sell anything so I sprayed on more, then more again, it sure didn't take that tester vial to last long but damn, I love it! I think the companies are doing this just to make more money. When a fragrance smells so good but it doesn't last, this means we have to spray on more and more until it's gone. If it's a fragrance with great lasting power, the longer you can enjoy the fragrance and save money. Not just this fragrance but many. From reading the reviews, I'll try out a tester first before investing my dollars on this one. I'm happy for the one's that can wear and enjoy this new Prada, I hope it will last on me longer than the original because it smells so delicious with the wonderful notes of Caramel, Benzion and Musk. Maybe it's meant to be a winter scent for me, time will tell. I find it strange that both bottles are exactly identical except for the color changes. I'll review later.

windhill
windhill

I'm sure I will in love with the women who's wear this perfume. Candy L'eau smell really represent women's bubbly side and that made her charming and unforgettable.

The original Candy doesn't surprise me at all. Just nice and I like it. But this is one of the best sweet scent I've ever tried. Sophisticated sweet and dreamy. Like homemade caramel and orange marshmallow. This will be a few perfume that I'll repurchase for sure. I only wear women's perfume at home though. It's like when you're enjoying romantic movie.

But the down side is as many peoples have said. This fragrance is so weak... Only 1-2 hours on my skin and its all gone. But I'm still love it. The playful scent of Candy L'eau are irresistible.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Prada Candy is my favorite winter scent and I desperately wanted this to be my go-to summer scent, unfortunately for me it just does not last, it smells great- my boyfriend loves it but on me it literally disappears after 15 minutes. So weak and terrible projection. Such a shame!

xocoatl
xocoatl

I love the original. This one is not a hit for me... don't think the caramel - citrus combo is successful in this one. The notes kind of clash for me. Much prefer original Candy to this. Wanted to love it though...

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

I don't quite like the original Candy, especially the way it smells on me (I'm actually quite unlucky (or lucky?) because on me, most perfumes give out all their bad sides). However, this is much, much better. It's fresher thanks to the citrus notes, bu even the smell itself isn't so heavy. It's not exactly my cup of tea but if someone gave it to me I wouldn't be the least disappointed.
Oh, and another thing I don't quite like is the sillage: it sits very close to the skin. The lasting power, however, is not bad.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

Okay, I adore this one. I've been debating which one to choose for a birthday present and I think this one will be it. I am worried about the lack of sillage and the short lasting-time, but I guess this one will be just for me, not for others.

xVal
xVal

I hate Prada Candy, but this one smells really different.
Prada candy is straight up candy,but this one is really nice, sweet but sophisticated.
Smells like a confident woman should smell. :)

EDIT:
I woke up and it's still there, 15 hours for me,wow!

Shwets
Shwets

I loved this more than the original after the first sniff :o)
Then it occurred to me that i was getting wafts of something familiar....
after a whole day it hit me. Paris Hilton Can Can!!!

5354alice
5354alice

I had this one yesterday as a gift from my dad...I love it! I tried the original one as a sample, but i didn't enjoy it as this new version... Prada Candy is a little bit much CANDY for me, this one is sweet but I can feel much musk, and it's more light and weareble... like it (but not love it, maybe I'd not buy this fragrance myself).

superfloozie
superfloozie

I'm a fan of the original but (!) it had a strange metallic dry down on me - so I lived in hope that this would be different and it is.. I LOVE THIS fragrance - right the way through from top notes to dry down this is most definitely me.Its sexy but without being over the top heavy. I've been looking for a warm caramel with lighter top notes (this is a hint of citrus) - its not too heavy and I agree with some of the comments that it doesn't last as well as it could. Its about a four-six hour but for an eau de toilette I don't think thats disastrous!

Siv55
Siv55

Lives up to it's name and smells of jellybeans and boiled sweets, (hard candy they call them in US). It's like Prada for kids. It's fun but I imagine it will attract wasps.

lafemmealamode
lafemmealamode

Funnily how I need to agree with the positive comments here! I am not the biggest fan of the original (although I own a bottle) and when I heard about Prada L'eau I was truly expecting a watered down version of the original... Well... it is not! It's a really beautiful scent! The citrus and flowers notes added make it much more interesting, sophisticated and prominent than the original! Seriously, this is probably the first time that the flanker beats the original! Staying power isn't best (just like with Prada Candy) but if you can live with that I highly recommend buying it! It's just so yummy and addictive! Everyone that tends to have a sweet tooth will love it! ;)

Inesis
Inesis

It's sweet yes, but I don't think there's very much of the original Candy in it. I tested it on my skin and at some point it created a stingy and nasty note, which ruined the fragrance to me. Yuck. I will give it a scond chance though because I want to love it so much. We'll see.

renepaulson
renepaulson

prada candy l'eau is a much better perfume than prada candy!!!!! i loveeeeeee it!!! it's so sweet like a candy, but not as sweet as the first candy! it is very long lasting.. it lasts on me for at least 8 hours..the majority of sweet perfumes actually has a long lasting period!!!it goes very well on my skin!!! if you prefer sweet fragrances..i think it's a perfect choice!!!!!!

martine2
martine2

A nice fragrance, goes well with my skin. After about 15 minutes it does smell almost just like the original, but it also reminds me a lot of Lancome's Hypnose. Not very long lasting though.

Cams
Cams

A more refreshed summer version of the original. The citrus notes cut down on the sweetness of the original and then it eventually becomes a very soft skin scent, which gets noticed. A long lasting caramel note would be way too much for the hot time of year. Very nice!

rapunzel23
rapunzel23

Oh, what a pity! Just like the color faded from the original Candy bottle, the fragrance has been watered down. They should have called it Candy light or even Candy zero. It lasts about 3 seconds on my skin. But I need this bottle! Maybe if I put my original Candy under direct sunlight for a few weeks it will have the same color.....

dormir6
dormir6

The fragrance itself is very nice. Similar to Candy, but subtle, more delicious, the artificial part is gone, and the bottle is just perfectly fits to the frag. But unfortunatelly It is soooooooooo weak, I can't simply understand what is it manufactured for. After a few minutes it almost disappeared, only a soft veil close to skin remained.......so sad....

ION
ION

Starts fresh and yummy!
Quickly becomes yummy!
Then it becomes yummy and sexy but in a modern way!
Then it becomes banale and unispiring!

Much like modern relationships, don't you think?

marcello19
marcello19

Nothing spectacular, a bit weak fragrance, but the bottle looks pretty, nice color.

auroramaria

Finally tried it this afternoon in a Coin store here in Italy and I'm eally sorry to say that like original Candy this scent disappears from the skin and paper strip in no time.
When I first sprayed it on the back of my hand i thought this is it I'm gonna get it cause the citrus caramel combination is really gorgeous, but it was all gone in about ten minutes.
I really do not know why this is happening so often with recently launched perfumes they just do not last.
Candy l'eau is such a gorgeous fragrance for those ten minutes and I'm gonna give it a second and probably third chance although I know I'm probably never gonna buy it.

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

Does anyone know when prada candy L'Eau will be available in Australia?.

ryuuoo
ryuuoo

This is why I would like to see more fragrance ads portraying this idea. More campaigns like the one Prada has commissioned for (yes, another flanker) Candy L’Eau. We get three one-minute movies by Wes Anderson and Roman Coppola (See films: The Fantastic Mr.Fox or The Darjeeling Limited for examples of their previous collaborations) starring Léa Seydoux (who was also the face for the original Candy campaign). I was surprised to see how total focus is given to her character “Candy” and her personality. We see a strong and, to a certain extent, innocent woman by the way she flirts with and reels in two men at the same time.

Read the rest of the commentary on the ad campaign and the fragrance at TheNewSapient(.com)

I agree that the top notes are promising, they are floral, even fresher but very fast the benzoin takes over, and the scent is then very similar to the original, although I personally like the new version better, it seems richer, more complex also, not so linear , but light unfortunately.
In the end you would think the Eau version would add a dimension of greenery, or freshness, it isn't happening too much in that case. I will use my rollerball as overall the scent is pretty, and warm, but I will not buy a bottle.

pigeonette
pigeonette

I tested it today at the Munich duty-free shop. I have a love-hate relationship with the original Candy; during winter it's my favoruite scent in the whole wide world but as the weather is becoming warmer I cannot stand it anywhere near me. So I was looking forward the new version hoping that the citrus note would add a fresh touch that would turn Candy to something that I can bear and wear in the spring. Be ready to be disappointed: it's exactly like the original, just much much weaker with non-existing lasting power and sillage. Maybe in the beginning there is something citrus-like but it's so faint that it makes Candy L'Eau's existence completely pointles. money saved.

Samara_Vi
Samara_Vi

I´m curious.... I guess we have one of those cases they completely change a fragrance but mantain it´s name and bottle.

I Agree the packing box of normal CANDY seems cheap... This one looks better..They could borrow to the "older brother" also... lol

Girls! It´s not about beeing a softner fragrance, it´s ANOTHER thing! ok? Look for their composition!! ;)

Anja_Karenina
Anja_Karenina

@iam2sexy4uris
You couldn't have said it any better! XD

delara
delara

the original is so weak , we can't imagine how l' eau will be even weaker...

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

My bathroom spray freshener ran out, glad Prada keeps making new ones :)

Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada 3.88 out of 5 based on 539 ratings and 88 user reviews

PRADA CANDY L'EAU for WOMEN by Prada EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Prada Candy L'Eau Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Prada Candy L'Eau Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Prada Candy L'Eau Eau De Toilette Spray 80ml 2.7oz
Prada Candy L'Eau Eau De Toilette Spray 80ml 2.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prada Prada Candy L'Eau fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prada Prada Candy L'Eau, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Prada Candy L'Eau by Prada represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.