Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity « Groups

Calyx Prescriptives for women

Calyx Prescriptives for women
dislike

tropical
Calyx Prescriptives for women Pictures Calyx Prescriptives for women Pictures Calyx Prescriptives for women Pictures Calyx Prescriptives for women Pictures

Calyx by Prescriptives is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Calyx was launched in 1987. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophia Grojsman. Top notes are apricot, passionfruit, mint, mandarin orange, cassia, peach, mango, bergamot, grapefruit, papaya and guava; middle notes are cyclamen, lily, melon, freesia, orris root, jasmine, neroli, marigold, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are musk, oakmoss, cedar, sandalwood and vetiver.

Apricot Passionfruit Mint Mandarin Orange Cassia Peach Mango Bergamot Grapefruit Papaya Guava

Cyclamen Lily Melon Freesia Orris Root Jasmine Neroli Marigold Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Musk Oakmoss Cedar Sandalwood Vetiver

Wildbloom

Calyx Fragrance Reviews

flowerpwrz91
flowerpwrz91

I never got the chance to test original Calyx, so I can't compare between the two, so this is for the latest one:

This is one of the most interesting 'summer' perfumes I've tested in a long time.
It goes on a little bit harsh and citrusy, but then seems to settle into a lovely, fruity, fresh scent, but with some depth - probably due to so many notes?

It doesn't really smell exactly like anything else out there, but if I had to 'liken' it to something, I would say it's a more summery (less old fashioned) version of Pure White Linen, yet softer than the Breeze version, if that makes sense.
It also makes me think 'a little bit' of Chance eau Fraiche, only less masculine.

I'm impressed. Yes, it has a lot more going on than most of the fruity perfumes around at the moment, which could put some people off, but -
this is growing on me.
It seems to be lasting well, which is good..
It seems a bit pricey though - I would have to do a LOT more testing before committing to buying it - but only because of the price.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

The first time I tried this I thought I really liked it, it has a green-citrus feel but there is a bit of resinous something (not like amber0 but maybe like tree sap.
The second time I got less sweet and too much resin, so not sure about this one.

Lettukestit
Lettukestit

I like this new Calyx (never knew the old one). It's starts pretty sharp but then quickly settles into a pleasant clean soapy floral shampooy smell.

beatrix75
beatrix75

calyx woww !!! varm green sweet scent more grapfruit in it than something alls very nice clean soapy smell long lastin wonderful dreaming fume ! i like it
(clinique formula)

shawnjj
shawnjj

Sooo cloyingly toxically sweet and thick smelling to me. I hate this. It's definitely unique and surprising to me though, an attention grabber. I have respect for its individuality but, dang. (Review for Clinique reissue)

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

This is about the re-released version by Clinique.

Due to its five star status by Luca Turin I had to try it.

A little too fruity for me, but the paper sample was very softly scented after 3 weeks which is pretty impressive. What remained was a lovely soft floral with a warm green background which I liked better than the initial spray, which was citrusy but not in a clean sharp way. May revisit it on this basis.

I could not say if this is anything like the original, but would certainly guess it is not.

Does fragrantica update the perfume pyramid and main notes for newer versions of perfumes and would you consider a Clinique Calyx in your data base with the new details and opinions?

joe70062
joe70062

Hate, hate double hate! Smells like a cheap grapefruit. Stings the nose. Not one redeeming feature. They can't give it away at Target! I didn't like it when it launched and I like it less now. Probably why Prescriptives went bust!

rockegg
rockegg

There must not be a lot of citrus growers among the reviewers, but the first hour of Calyx smells exactly, and I mean exactly, like the leaves of lemon trees. There's a brief fruit scent to start. I thought it was lichee but apparently not. Then the lemon leaves, then it settles down into a more blended scent. The extreme one-note lemon leaf part is not desirable to me. I feel like I'm pruning the trees.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

Ah, the thin line between compassionate love and pulsating hate...this fragrance reminds me of my tragic romantic history involving a certain Englishman who could have been the inspiration for Patrick Bateman. This is very, very green and floral...with a touch of soapiness. It smells beautiful but at the same time just plain awful/weird. Longevity is good but sillage is semi-close (for me). As another reviewer wrote it seems unlikely to find popularity in 2014. I can imagine young ladies experimenting with this but not choosing it as a permanent part of their fragrance wardrobes. I do have it for reasons I'm not even sure of. I suppose I occasionally enjoy smelling like a lovely Lawn & Garden show :-)
This is a review of Clinique's reissue.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Clinique has incorporated this 80s fragrance into their line and I had a sniff today. I did use it when it was first released under the Prescriptives banner. It never seemed to be a mainstream fragrance back then - more a cult thing, so I'm suprised it's been given a second chance.

The new version reamins pretty loyal to the origial juice, just lightened up a little. It has that same green, soapy opening that becomes more powdery after the dry down. Silage is moderate and longevity is good. It does go through distinct phases the whole time I wear it.

I do like this and may purchase a bottle, but I can't see who would buy this now. It definintely has an 80s feel to it. Great for all us old users, but not something I can see finding a new audience. My guess is that they'll have it instore and incorporate it into the Clinique brand before turning it into an online only thing,

SabrinaBD
SabrinaBD

A pretty mix of soft and sharp green notes. Smells clean and fresh. It's nice but not remarkable. On small gift with purchase bottle was enough.

Amanda Smith
Amanda Smith

I first bought this when it came out in the 80's and have never really found a perfume to match it. I've been wearing it for over 25 years now and was disappointed when it was taken over by Clinique. I've just purchased a 100ml EDP (of the original version) from the States and will ration it!

reborn
reborn

the new version is very synthetic and arificial.It smells like this fruit drinks -Tang ,before you put the water in it with some synthetic moss thrown in.Very bad creation from Lancome

P.S.I havent smell the old one but i am sure that is not that bad for sure

oktober
oktober

Fruity-creamy take on Vent vert! I like it a lot, very versatile and uplifting.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

I haven't tried the older versions, so I can't comment on them. Given the positive reviews, I suppose mine could get sacked by Calyx adepts. The Clinique launch seems like a combination of several popular old perfumes. It starts with a blast of cough syrup - bitter and sugary with fake fruit. I barely held my repulsion after the SA sprayed my wrist. The paper strip smelled absolutely the same way. The cough syrup bitterness toned down leaving just the artificial fruity smell, somewhat reminiscent of the opening of Premier Jour - the same fruity plastic which signals the onset of a white floral stage. This happens 20-30 minutes later and the floral part is, thankfully, more tolerable. With emphasis on lily of the valley and jasmine it is like a softer version of Anais Anais or Aqua Alegoria Jasminora. The base notes are just ok, musk and a bit of cedar and what is left of the muguet and jasmine. Ultimately it gave me a headache.
What a discordant and chemical scent. A firm no for me.

Q80
Q80

this perfume is "Love in the watery garden" i can feel the enchanting and the chanting in it when it's around, sensual, and full of joy at the same time, fun green could be describing it.
i can smell the fruitti flowery smell, and i can smell the tropical cooling splash in the face, it brings me joy and happiness each time i smell it.
i just rememeber it now, you can test it by smelling the lancaster flash smoothing scrub soft exfoliating and radiance, it has the exact similar smell of Calyx but less concentrated.

Rene007
Rene007

cliniqe relunch this perfume in those day , i test it today and i wonder if its the same as before ? can anyone add review about the different

sofiebgoode
sofiebgoode

After the delicious fruity notes fade, it turns into a much more likeable and wearable version of Anaïs Anaïs on me. I love both stages.
(This comment is for the new - and hopefully not much changed - Calyx, as relaunched by Clinique)

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

I never heard of this perfume before, until I was in line at Ulta's returning a curling iron, and because the line was extremely long the sales rep gave everyone in line a free sample of perfume. The sample happened to be Clinique Calyx. I remember spraying the tiny little sample at home and on first spray, I detected a powerful citrus scent. What comes to mind is grapefruit and passionfruit. Once it settled into my skin, it became an intense green floral with fruit. Peach, passionfruit and grapefruit mixed with freesia and intense lily of the valley. I detected nothing woody in this fragrance at all. There seems to be a mention of "oakmoss" "cedar" and "sandalwood," however, I don't smell any of these notes in this fragrance. As it wore on throughout the day, the scent became a softer lily of the valley. I liked this scent so much that I ran out to buy a full ounce bottle at Macy's. I think I've found my signature scent.

leighhannah
leighhannah

Just picked this up at a discount department store after reading it was a 5-star perfume from Luca Turin, I figured, even if it's bad on me, it will at least be interesting. His aesthetic hasn't failed me on this one (even though I totally disagree with him on Chanel Gardenia...love it). Calyx is an exhilarating scent with the notes so artfully blended. Dances on the high notes without being harsh. It doesn't smell dated at all, just nice. This is a keeper. It kind of reminds me of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca, with the mint balancing out the citrus. Try it!

Kattmatte
Kattmatte

This scent brings me back to happy sunny summer days some twenty years ago.
I am not a great fan of the Clinique perfumes, but I just had to give the reformulated Calyx a try. It has got the same appeal as I remember, fruity and floral with the strange combination of fresh and warm base note.
Some say that Calyx always has been a mostly synthetic creation and this could very well be true. But in the reformulation someone has got a bit overly excited around the lily of the valley tub, and at the same time forgot to open the rose bottle.
The middle note is simply to heavy on the lily of the valley and to light on the rose compared to the original scent. A misinterpretation of the original formula, and somewhat sad. This could have been perfect.
Now it's a very nice, appealing retro scent well worth at try. Calyx is far better than most of the fruity florals of today.
PS: I have had to give up on the Calyx 2.0. After using the scent a good couple of weeks I found it just to heavy on the lily of the valley.
The bottle has been rehomed to a friend. And strangely, on her it smells far better than on me.

WhiteCity
WhiteCity

All of you lovers and seekers of Calyx, run to the Clinique stands!It has finally arrived.I am not sure if it is the same old recipe but its here.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

I was very much into Calyx in 1989. I thought it was the most interesting, green and yummy fragrance that existed. Being a severely cash strapped student at the time, I kept on spraying it on me when I visited department stores.

That changed when a much older and married gentleman, who knew my love of the perfume, bought it as a gift for me. I refused the gift (which was a bribe for things that shall remain nameless), but it changed forever my perception of the fragrance. The very thought of smelling it makes me nauseous. No fault of the perfume, but for me, it smells like cheap sin.

There you go. An Emotional experience, completely unrelated to the intrinsic beauty of the perfume.

Tovah
Tovah

I wore the original Calyx around 1990, during the days when I single-handedly obstructed the olfactory abilities of anyone within a 2 miles radius of me.

I'm pretty sure Calyx extended the radius to 5 miles.

It was the first "fruity" scent I'd ever encountered, and that alone intrigued me enough to buy a large bottle of it, with a body wash. Then my co-workers all told me I smelled like a "fruit salad", which seemed like such a delightful, great idea, at the time.

That being said, I don't know why marketers even bothered to name this "Calyx". In my case it only serves more to emphasize how weak and character-less perfumes have become.

IFF regulations have become a nuisance, and their latest incarnations have diminished even further what used to be one of my greatest joys: perfume.

Someone needs to start a Prohibition style black market for Perfume. When the populace gets reacquainted with the beauty of scent life will become richer and bolder for all.

Marie76
Marie76

Everything I can come up with to describe this beauty sounds like an insult but is not. Imagine a " CK One" without the bitterness and just for women. Imagine what a ten year old would come up with to describe " Summer fresh". Imagine a childish take on green notes. Imagine an air freshner that you'd actually wear. Imagine the smell of a tutti frutti ice cream. I just love it! It's playful, uncomplicated and uplifting. Despite its many notes, there's no " depth", it's quite linear on me as it dries down, the fruit notes are classic and unadultered, and they hold their own giving a warmth to the citrus green ones. I really like it! Daytime only for me, but lovely.

Ql7
Ql7

As a kid, I loved Squirt soda - grapefruit! This is Squirt that you wear, not drink. A very sunny, up-lifting, refreshing scent. One of the few "department store" perfumes I really like.

Bluehonda
Bluehonda

Got a sample of this with a Clinique order. All I can say is, this just does not work on me. Have given it several chances since some seem to love it. But on me I get an initial hit of bug spray, then a sharp scent, then nothing. Certainly nothing fruity smelling. On me it disappears almost immediately. I really wanted to like this since according to the base notes it should work on me. But I have almost used up the sample, and it just doesn't agree with me.

joan100
joan100

I got to try this fragrance at last! I was wondering where I could find this in the UK and then there I found it in the House Of Fraser! My first impression was the strong aroma of sour rotting fruit but it then evolved into a pleasant albeit sharp fruity/aromatic/green scent. Its definitely more mature than the super sweet floral/fruity scents that are common today. The bottle is beautiful as well. If I was a young woman in the 1980s I would of worn this!
Edit: I was chopping up some red peppers the other day and I was instantly reminded of this scent! It is also quite similar to Maybe Baby by Benefit.

TheCountess
TheCountess

I just got this today. It reminds me of Gucci Rush with the juicyness. So yummy!

Alex1984
Alex1984

For anyone interested, Calyx is available but under the Clinique brand. Hopefully fans will still find it recognizably Calyx!

Bebe70
Bebe70

I had it but I didn't finish the bottle.
The fragrance is EXTREMELY sharp. And it is also very strong. If it was softer, maybe it would be nice and pretty, but so much sharpness makes it just annoying.

stacey.donovan
stacey.donovan

I don't usually love fruity fragrances, but dang, this one made me swoon. The tropical fruit salad smell somehow avoids smelling cheap or cloying. A lot of "green" perfumes just smell downright mean to me--I don't know why--but the green notes here just make it rainforest-y and vibrant. I would take it on my trip to Costa Rica, except I am afraid mosquitos would devour me...not that I could blame them.

ivyheel
ivyheel

This is unlike any other fruity fragrance I have smelled. I originally got it because we were both born in 1987 and I thought we would be long-lost sisters. First impression: bitter. A few seconds later I get fresh passionfruit, crushed fruit seeds (like when you crush an apple seed - it has a specific smell and taste!) blended with other notes that I cannot pinpoint. This is definitely soapy, but never sweet. Overall it is very addictive and I will wear it on casual days, but it doesn't represent me the way I wanted it to. Nevertheless, it will have a space on my shelf and we will toast on our birthday every year.

pavel.dumitrescu007
pavel.dumitrescu007

Does anybody know where I can find this fragrance in Romania?

Calyx has been on my 'for test list' ever since my passion for fragrance began. I have never seen this perfume sold in Australia, so a sample had to be sought from overseas.

I'm not usually one that wears fruity scents, but I must admit that Calyx is truly one of a kind. It's fruity and clean without being synthetic. It also has a distinctive fizzy quality.

I can detect notes of passionfruit, mango, peach, papaya, grapefruit, neroli and marigold. This blend is more bitter than sweet. It smells almost like an organic shampoo, very clean, fruity and refreshing.

The way I see it, Calyx is a grown-up fruity floral. It leaves all that unnecessary, juvenile sweetness behind, and stands as a green, somewhat tropical and smooth blend of unique accords. I find it easy to wear and enjoy.

In lots of ways, Calyx reminds me of the scent of a bathroom shortly after having used a strongly scented shampoo and conditioner. I do love the way a bathroom smells after a good hair wash, so naturally I love Calyx.

pipergirl
pipergirl

A refreshing blend of fresh cut grass, luscious fruit and spring time flowers. Calyx is a sunny, green, feel good sort of fragrance, perfect for those days when you want to add a little pep to your step. One spray has impressive lasting power, a little goes a long way. I found .5 for $20 at Ross. I can see why this classic is popular with some of the Hollywood stars.

lamont.hubert
lamont.hubert

Ross has this right now for $39.99 for 1.7 which to me is a lot for Ross i keep looking at it but i just cant do it not in ross maybe tjmaxx but ross ...noway

Museumgal
Museumgal

Super fruity the first two hours, sort of a tropical feel. Then some green floral LOTV. Some mint in the heart notes, and grass. Then a mossy still green dry down. Lasts well and would be great for summer, nice if you want a little tropical whiff to a scent without smelling like the whole fruit bowl.

Tramontane
Tramontane

I was bought this a couple of years ago and fell in love with it instantly, so much so that I never fail to mention the fact to my husband when my current supply has run out. It is becoming more and more difficult to find where I live. I love the zesty tropical fruit burst and think it works best on days when you need a bit of "get up and go". It is not a scent for lazy days, despite it working best, I think, in summer. It reminds me of walking through a tropical garden after a rainstorm.

alchimia72
alchimia72

I admit it's a beautiful fragrance. Simply it's not my cup of tea. It contains too much tropical notes which personally I don't like. I detect a pineapple note which is not included. So I can't stand it together with similar topical fruity scents. Recommended for tropical lovers only.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

A grown-up, high quality floral fruity. I beleive it was also one of the first, an innovation at the time in perfume history, thanks to the talented perfumier Sophia Grosjman. I smell juicy tropical fruit right up front - papaya, mango, passionfruit - a blast of natural sweetness, not artificial or cloying at all. There's a tangy aroma too, not sure which note that's from. There's also the lily of the valley which gives a very green, fresh feel. Calyx makes me feel so happy when I wear it. A gorgeous spring/summertime perfume. I love it!

Update: I recently ordered a bottle on ebay, and have used it a few times. I had
remembered it as more tropical, but my memory was wrong....Calyx is a very green fragrance, and as Vie Cafe says, alot of LOTV (Lily of the Valley) is present. The green aroma overpowers the tropical fruit aroma, which I was hoping would be prominent. It's still quite fresh and lovely though.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

Death by lily of the valley and marigold....! that is, until the perfume finally settles down into a more "green" juice kind of fragrance, with the LOTV still very present throughout the development. LOTV is green and pungent enough as it is, but when combined with mint and cassia, you're in for the greeniest ride of your life. Now I know why they call this "exhilarating". It's as if you've eaten a bunch of LOTV (they're poisonous) and gone on a mad roller coaster ride.

Thank the Gods of Perfume, it becomes more and more gentle/round as time passes and it is indeed a clean refreshing fragrance. If like me, LoTV burns the inside of your nose a little, you'll find this too much on the greener side. But I have to admit, it is quite well done and smells of high quality ingredients (which must explain the high price!).

Might I add, it smells VERY 80s green floral fruity.

I can see that it is a good fragrance, but I prefer my tropical fruits "a la Nirmala".

Light, sweet & refreshing fragrance. Nice balance of tart, sweet and herbaceous. Manages to not be cloying even with a heavy concentration of tropical fruits.
Fruity-green.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

I am writing this review after a very brief test in the department store, 3 squirts to my left wrist.....
For all I know, the tester might be old and the top notes might be gone as looking at the pyramid here, I can honestly say I do not detect any of the top notes listed at all.
To my nose, this opens as a sharp green floral, somewhat reminiscent of vintage Vent Vert or Boadicea Magnificient or even Caron Narcisse noir. I swear I can smell yellow daffodils, yet they are not listed at all. What I smell is a very green grassy floral for the first hour. Afterwards I smell very faint green/yellow floral, possibly freesia. I do not get fruits at all, hence I think the tester is old.
This scent is like spring season in the bottle, grassy, green fresh meadow flowers BUT it is like spring in UK...it springs (pardon the pun) surprise on you, stays couple of hours and then it's gone. Blink and you have missed it.
I will try and edit the review after I retested but this seems to be quite hard to find and I really do not want to buy a FB of an expensive scent that only lasts couple of hours on me.

aficionada
aficionada

Lovely, crisp, refreshingly invigorating. Gives you boost of energy. Makes you feel happy. Great for a spring and summer day. Good longevity.

Fizzy
Fizzy

I can remember to get a sample of Calyx maybe 5 years ago and I found it too sharp on the citrus side. But the new reformulation, which added to the sharp citrus note in the opening this irresistibly beautifully fruity agave note, is a win for the perfume. It smells like a landmark in the territory of fruity perfumes, strong agave you do not find nowhere. The dry down is more close to the citrus again and after 4 hours it reminds me on Yvresse YLS, but more citrusy, not fruity. It is a perfect daily fragrance. I could imagine to have an affair with this scent, but it´s not going to be a love, as I admire agave here, not citrus.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

These were the days.....I loved it! But now I need something more "outspoken"...

ranchorita
ranchorita

The intense aroma of fruit (melon? grapefruit? tang!) in the inital spray is not my style, but the fragrance of Calyx won me over when a sample was thrown in with my purchase at Neiman-Marcus' downtown store in Dallas in the late 80s. This was not a signature scent for me, but it was a very nice color to add to my generally non-green fragrance palette. Very lovely scent and one which I think has surprisingly broad appeal. I'm glad I tried the sample, even though the intial impression at the fragrance counter didn't catch my fancy. Some scents definitely require a second consideration.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

I hate the first blast of this. Grapefruit or exotic fruits never smell good on me at first. They are really the only notes I am really leery of. But those quickly die away and leave yumminess in their wake. Melons, roses, an odd combo really, but I like it. It seemed sunny and springy today and I wanted to go with that, so I chose this. It has a tropical foresty feel to me. Fun. Kind of a nice little vacation in a bottle. Has a smooth, almost creamy drydown, which I like.

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

Love this clean scent. I wear it in summer. It reminds me of South Beach when I was childless and carefree.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

wow, have my tastes changed over the years. i used to really like this scent when i was in college, but there is no way i could wear it now. it's very fresh, fruity and green and had strong sillage. however, after a couple hours when it mellowed out, it was a pretty tropical green scent. i have fond memories associated with it!

veronicab
veronicab

I like the fruity scent but it does not have lasting power. I've had it for many years and mine is the "exhilarating splash" version, so probably not the perfume formula? Also wish my bottle was a spray, so may have to pour into a fancy glass spray bottle.

Shydaniels
Shydaniels

Huge blast of grapefruit at first, but after a few minutes it settles down to a nice fruity tropical scent with lilies. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long at all on me. After about an hour it's barely detectable. But I have found that it layers well with some of my other favorites: Prada's Infusion d'Iris (with its mandarin and neroli notes) and L'Air du Temps (peach and jasmine).

FBenoit1
FBenoit1

I remember around 11 years ago when I was working at Macy's in the Cosmetic Department when I was around 18 years old. Had a friend of mine working at the Prescriptives and I one day I sprayed myself with Calyx and added to my wish list but never got it. Now 11 years later I remember by olfactory experience and need to sample it again :)

iflipcess0527
iflipcess0527

saw it on my cousin's shelf, 12 years ago, and i sprayed it on my wrist, oh i love the scent, and i know someday i need to have it. i can't forget the scents, smells really good on me back then :-)

jonr951
jonr951

I'm officially OBSESSED with this one! I WANT and NEED it NOW!

nmonika2000
nmonika2000

best for a hot summer day! Love it!

rosembloom
rosembloom

OH FOND MEMORIES! I was at McGill University and my best friend would wear this daily. It was her signature scent. I hunted it down back then but kind of forgot about how great it smelled! I wanted that frag. so bad but did not want to steal her frag... no copy cat for me. So i got Juba by The body Shop instead which reminded me so of this lovely scent. Little did I know that my favorite nose : Sophia Grojsman made this chef d' oeuvre! : a fruity, wet green, lily of the valley fragrance that lasts all day and makes my mouth water for some reason. It is so well rounded and luscious: tropical to me. Apricot seems to be a theme with Sophia and I love it. Mingled with all these: passionfruit, mint, mandarin orange, cassia, peach, mango and bergamot) it makes for a pick-me up cocktail of fruity freshness. the middle notes are lovely and durable if my memory serves me well. I mostly remember the rose, the muguet and the melon. yum. While I enjoy the ' aromatherapeutic qualities of this scent, what enchants me most is the base:; mossy, woddsy rasperry that reminds me of Hot Couture. I would happily get me one now! Shall see!

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

I just bought calyx today! They didn't have any testers but I remembered that this fragrance got me compliments many years ago when I snuck a squirt at the prescriptives counter....this is an amazing scent and I love it....the only thing is that it seems to fade on me within 10 minutes. So I'm kinda sad about that. I don't know if I should take it back or but the lotion to try to prolong the life of the scent......this event makes me really happy. It does remind me of the misty air coming off a waterfall in a lush green rainforest. I think this smells incredible. I like this for the hottest summer days...and I'm going on vacation to Arizona and I think this will smell nice in the heat. I might have to try the lotion first.....I want this smell to last...another thing I like about this one is that it seems good for sportier or casual yet still feminine gals. It would still seen right with the workout outfit. It's really nice. I love it but I'm not impressed with how fast it fades for so much money.

cryptic
cryptic

How is it that I get a big blast of grapefruit as Calyx opens, when there is none listed in the 22-note pyramid? Olfactory sleight of hand, I guess. Calyx really is a magical fragrance and it doesn't surprise me that so many reviews compare it to the scent of a particular place.

To me, Calyx is reminiscent of Key West, Florida; a tiny island where tropical vegetation flourishes in the warm dampness and fruit ripens and decays all around. At night, the scent of jasmine comes out in all its glory along with the feral cats that roam the island.

Even in the midst of all the lush natural beauty and the crowds of happy tourists, there is an undercurrent of foreboding that comes of being in a place that lies in the path of tropical storms and hurricanes. In Calyx, Sophia Grojsman has created a fragrance that captures that same mixture of joyful sunshine and menacing darkness.

Aredore
Aredore

Calyx was a fragrance I tested expecting to like and unfortunately, like most of my ex-boyfriends, it ended up competing against an idealized version of itself.

I knew Calyx was a fruity green, and I like green. In fact, I like the vegetal smell in Calyx, that chlorophyll smell of crushed leaves mixed with aloe and overripe fruit. It's unique. But Calyx has the problem of being in that category of fragrance I smell and love but never buy. It smells great on paper, and on skin, it still smells great. In fact, it smells exactly the same. There is zero interaction between skin and perfume. It's like wearing a fragranced glaze; hard, shiny, glass-like, skin unbreathing. I prefer, when I wear a perfume, smell as if my body is still part of the chorus.

hitchie
hitchie

This is the only perfume that makes me happy while smelling. It is delicious! I seldom like fruity perfumes, but this one is perfectly balanced with floral notes: a distinctive scent!

daniela3
daniela3

This is about the original version, a vintage 18 years old circa:

I think that Calix is still so beautiful for the sense of joy and optimism it gives you. Still beautiful because despite the age it's far from being similar to the other frags of its time and - for me -it's forever young (or may be it was me to be younger when I first met him!) Still beautiful for all its contrasting aspects: a fruity frag while it is a flowery one at the same time: spring and summer all together; crisp and sweet but green and warm: fall and winter all together; musky and vibrating as if it had/has a proper life....
Charming sillage and lasting power. A truly right fragrance in every time of the year!
A kaleidoscope gem from the hand of a grand lady in the field: Sophia Grojsman.

p.s. I don't really want to know how the "modern" Calyx even smell, if it does.....(?!?!?!)

drummagick
drummagick

Scrubber! Get it off me!!!!

I swore I would quit blind buying perfumes. I wish I had listened to myself.

eta 1: I just received a tester of new Calyx that I'd forgotten I ordered before I blind bought that bottle. It's a LOT lighter and fresher than the old stuff, almost like 2 different perfumes. It's still not me, but it's much less unpleasant. I think I would have liked that raspberry much more in the top or middle, than in the base. The cedar and raspberry together is jarring to my nose.

artsyrn
artsyrn

Thankfully I get mostly tropical fruit and a kiss of mint and some flowers. It is slightly sweet and only mildly green, which suits me. I do not enjoy green fragrances, but this one is so subtle and agreeable.

In all these years I'd seen Calyx, I never bothered trying it out until someone gave me a sample they didn't want. Boy have I been missing out! From the look of the bottle, you'd have no idea how tropical and fruity it is. I get a ton of passion fruit with a heart of freesia and lily of the valley on a base of musk with just a touch of raspberry. It's quite delectable. I was surprised at how sugary it is--very, very sweet. I love how it's a green perfume with a tropical twist, fruity, fresh, and clean. It's like bathing in a waterfall in paradise. I really want a bottle.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I purchased this today based on reviews and I wish I had tested it first. I couldn't get past the harsh shot of grapefruit that came busting out of that bottle! I know this must be beautiful on a lot of people...look at the nose who created it for goodness sake..., but it would never work for me or someone else who detests citrus smells mixed with the smell of a clean detergent. An interesting scent though, and everything is worth a try on the scent journey of your life, because you just never know...

lolipophead

I have to say that this is one of only two perfumes that caused a man to chase me to ask what perfume I was wearing! It's gorgeous.

lilikoi
lilikoi

Agree w/Petals_and_Perfumes about Calyx being light, and not well suited for those looking for the amber-spice-oriental scent. Calyx is definitely complex, as you can probably tell by the pyramid (there are even more nuances that present themselves as you where it). For me it's, herbaceous, energizing and light without being too green-green-grass harsh. I live where its warm most of the year so I prefer lighter fragrances and this one has never let me down. Classic.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

This is one of those absolutely gorgeous, feel good fragrances that never fails to elicit a cheerful and happy response from me. First spray is juicy grapefruit and sparkling mandarin orange, then it goes to juicy melon and beautiful nuances of flowers. The end result is a soft musky rose that lingers for hours. I adore Calyx, it's been in my wardrobe for years, and everytime I wear it (which, oddly enough, isn't very often) I feel buoyant and energetic. A beautiful scent that can be worn all year round, but I prefer it in springtime. If you love fruit and florals, you cannot go wrong with this perfume!

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

I used to wear it back in 1998. The juice makers made it more concentrated those days than now. I don't go back to my ex's I had a love affair once with these juices and dats it. I hit it and quit it. lol That makes me a huge harlot among these nice smelling juices. lol

Sugar419
Sugar419

I love this fragrance and it was at the top of my Christmas list. I was so thrilled to get it! However, now that I own it, I am so disappointed-it does not last on me! I have to put my nose directly on my skin where I sprayed it to detect it an hour after application! I used several sprays today since I noticed this happening last week and it didn't make any difference. What a shame. It's such a fresh and unique scent, too. Maybe it's just my chemistry.

Janina
Janina

Just came back from Sudan where the weather is hot, hot, hot! Calyx was my everyday companion. I`ll have Calyx connected with memories of this beautiful country and people. I used up a full 50ml EdP bottle in 3 weeks and next time I`m going I`m sure taking Calyx with me again as it is a fragrance that is truly clean, fresh, long-lasting and unlike any other.

Petals_and_Perfumes
Petals_and_Perfumes

I fell in love with this scent waaaaay back in the late 80s in high school. It just so happened that I met my husband around the same time and he loves the scent as much as I do - every spritz brings back for the both of us those carefree, first love moments. I find that other fragrances I wear must have the same notes that make Calyx by Prescriptives my signature scent: clean, crisp, floral, soft, feminine. The base notes are musk, oakmoss, raspberry and cedar. However, I must say that, on my skin, the base notes are not very prominent as I abhor any musky, raspberry, cedar-like scents. However Calyx was mixed, it has created the perfect balance of sexy with sublime without being cloying. (This scent is not for those looking for Oriental-woody-amber notes. It's so very delicate and light.) If you're wanting a fragrance that puts you in the mood for summer, warmth, action, and sensuality, I would highly recommend trying Calyx. For me, it's an experience I have yet to duplicate in any other perfumes I have tried.

Chickenboo
Chickenboo

I used to wear this "back in the day", and I absolutely loved it. The reason I stopped wearing it was beacause I was receiving unwanted attention/compliments from strangers. I know, this sounds goofy/boastful/untrue, but there it is. Wear with caution. And maybe running shoes and/or a can of Mace.

jtd
jtd

Calyx (1986) presaged the fruity floral era, and if considered as a fruity floral is among the most beautiful of the genre. But to my mind Calyx occupies a specific place in the evolution of the fruity-floral chypre. If Diorella is a certain distance further down the road from its predecessor Eau Sauvage (similar in distance to Cristalle from its predecessor Chanel pour Monsieur) then Calyx is further still on the same trajectory. It shares the gorgeous dissonance that makes both Diorella and Cristalle so beguiling. It gets there differently, though. Cristalle and especially Diorella find a fruit that’s just a bit too ripe. Fruit that’s at the point of jumping from sweet in taste to boozily aromatic in scent. Just a half step from turned

Diorella smells of both lemon and melon. Calyx, true to its Big 80s origin creates a franken-fruit of bergamot-guava-mango. Grapefruit? It doesn’t need to be over-ripe. It is simply effusive in the way ripe tropical fruit often is. Take the metafruit and add just the right rose, powdery but not too sweet. Then ground it in a bittersweet moss-labdanum chypre base and you have one of the most expansive fruity chypres you’ll ever smell.

The fruit remains present at drydown and is dominant in both the top and heart notes. In this respect, Calyx is the fruitiest chypre you’re likely to meet. Others have referred to the fruit note as synthetic. I’m sure it is, but no more or less so than Diorella’s melon or Femme’s plum. Calyx’s drydown is similar to Diorella’s in that it is classically mossy and austere with the phantom-lushnesss of the fruit remaining. A little smart decadence to get you through the day.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

Even though I dont like citrusy green perfumes I do love this, it's done in such a sexy way, however it is a bit on the sharp side, I believe some vanilla or another note to tone it down or rather cream it up, it would be perfect!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I never wore this in the 80-90s because I remembered smelling it once, dismissing it as "not for me" and forgetting it for a very long time. Until now. I was on the mission to find a fresh fruty scent and spotting it at Nordstrom's, decided to give it a spritz. Unlike other reviewers I only smelled fruit on initial burst. Almost right away it turns very green and lush. After about 30min I started smelling rose and a bit of freesia and lily of the valley with a very small hint of fruit. Drydown is also rather green and mossy, with hints of wood. This is a rather complex fragrance unlike some of the other current fragrances. You would be wrong thinking that this is a typical fruity floral because nothing about Calyx is "typical". One of the reviewers described it as "rainforest". I think this is a very good description because even thought I've never been in rainforest, this is what I would imagine it would smell like-lush greenery and trees with a juicy fruit scattered here and there, and every so often, a beatuful flower.
Lasting power was ok, about 2 hours but most perfumes do not last long on me so it may last longer on other people. I don't see it as a skin scent, it definately has siliage and projects very well. Only for a short time that is-after about 1 hour its still there but you need to lean close to someone to smell this. Its seems like others had the same experience.
I don't know if this is something I can actually wear-I'm still trying to decide but this is a beautiful and complex fragrance that gives many current ones a run for their money.

filleaplumes
filleaplumes

I got a nice large sample of this recently and unfortunately I don't like it. It has a very dry vodka, green/clean smell that not only gives me a headache and overpowers the exotic fruit notes. Its odd because looking at the notes I think I'd totally be down but I suppose I'm not big on green or clean scents. For those who do enjoy this description I imagine it must smell like sipping on a mojito in a tropical rainforest! The imagery of this scent is incredibly evocative!

I had a sample of it and liked it much. It's a bit more on the extraordinary side : flowery and green. Not like every-day-scents. But it faded away too quickly and had an even too green drydown for me that I didn't buy it considering the high price of it.

sgraifman
sgraifman

This is THE BEST perfume ever made! I've been wearing since 1987. I keep trying other perfumes but nothing ever compares. I have never bought a second bottle of any other perfume. But Calyx... I must have gone through at least 25 bottles. And... men LOVE it!

UPDATE: I just discovered Oscar de la Renta's new fragrance, Something Blue, and it is the most lovely perfume I have found since Calyx. I'm just saying...

After the opening Hawaiian Punch-like salvo of tropical fruits, Prescriptives CALYX transforms within a matter of minutes to a crisp, clean, light floral green on my skin. This is obviously a complex creation, and receptions are going to vary a lot. I initially thought that this was going to be a gross overripe-fruit nightmare (along the lines of BEYOND PARADISE) but ended up pleasantly surprised.

The drydown has a grassy, bambooish, lily of the valley demeanor which I find rather appealing. CALYX seems like a great choice for spring and summer, provided that it unfurls on your skin in this way. The tropical fruits in the opening are way over the top, but the drydown is worth the wait. The closest comparison that comes to mind is Gucci ENVY, except that CALYX feels less synthetic and is actually wearable on my skin. (Caveat to those who do not wear lily of the valley well: this is not for you...)

For years I steered clear of Prescriptives and Clinique fragrances. The idea that Clinique, in particular, which prides itself on scent-free skin care, would launch a perfume just seemed absurdly contradictory to me. But I became interested in CALYX as a result of the recent Sophie G. lovefest here at Fragrantica.

I'm glad that I've finally given CALYX a sniff and actually wouldn't mind owning a bottle. I don't have a problem with holding my breath for a couple of minutes, and the drydown is really splendid. I recommend this fragrance to floral green lovers. The fruity stage is too shortlived to call this a fruity floral, but that's a good thing, IMNSHO.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Probably the only fruity-green scent I will ever wear. It is not sweet, not cloying, not offensive. Just fresh and delicious.
On me there is lots of mango and passionfruit, no flowers whatsoever develop. It also slightly reminds me of granny smith apples. Crisp, a bit sour but fresh and youthful.
This is summer in a bottle - I love Calyx.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I had this perfume many years ago. I remember the fist time I smelled it on a friend of mind and I had to have it. I was in high school and had no money, somehow I managed to get a bottle. Now I associate that perfume with my friend and the good times we had. It smelled so different than anything I had smelled before. To me is quite a modern composition fresh and energetic. The staying power and sillage is amazing! I really want to purchase another bottle of this beauty as I'm craving it's greatness!

honeysuckle
honeysuckle

Wow... this is so not for me.
i really thought i might like it. fruity generally works well for me (mango in particular, i have had few but very positive experiences). green generally works well for me. the reviews really had me intrigued. i wish my experience could measure up to them.

it is the first smell in recent memory that has provoked me literally recoiling. something struck me as so sour and pungent, like rotting fruit mixed with shiny, sweaty skin, in a hot, humid clime, that hasn't been washed in three or four days.
passionfruit? i feel like if there was one thing that hit me on the side of the head the wrong way, that would be closest to what i'd describe.

initially after smelling this i had no intention of trying it ever again, yet the reviews keep me intrigued. maybe this bottle just wasn't fresh? maybe i just need to give it another shot. it certainly seems to have its fair share of love... but for whatever reason, something in there just doesn't sit well with my nose. :(

sparklieesun
sparklieesun

I couldn't have said it better, Sassy1: "If you're going to entice me with a bold and brilliant scent, keep it coming!!"

The first spray is fresh, green, fruity, and strong (not a stab-to-the-brain-OUCH strong, but oh-this-has-character-yay strong). I use one spray on my wrists, and one on my neck, and am delightfully aware of this perfume wafting about me as I move.

But!

As it dries down, the perfume also dies down. It still smells wonderful - mm raspberry and cedar - but sillage is down to a minimum. Unless someone is going to come up and nuzzle my neck, I doubt anyone's going to smell Calyx on me.

What a shame. I could have fallen, and fallen hard, for Calyx, but as it is now, "I will just have to be happy that at least I can smell this beauty even if no-one else can."

Maybe I should try layering it with the body lotion or carry a purse spray with me.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Ok, this is good...very ripe fruit then rose then a sweet mossy cedar drydown.
My only issue is that after a strong top full of presence, it fizzles out and has to be sniffed from close up to get the full effect.
If you're going to entice me with a bold and brilliant scent, keep it coming!!

I will wear it because I think the smell is amazing but I really could have fallen hard if the heart and bottom lived up to the beginning and it had more sillage.

As is, I will just have to be happy that at least I can smell this beauty even if no-one else can.

txlavender
txlavender

This is a carefree spring day, in bottled form. I love it for a casual outing, or to go along with jeans and a tee. Very refreshing.

porterba
porterba

Calyx is a very complex and well blended perfume. I have worn it for about fifteen years and have gone through about six bottles for the past years. I used to wear it exclusively until I started collecting my large collection about three years ago. I buy all of my perfume online and on Ebay EXCEPT for Calyx. I have learned the hard way not to buy Calyx from anyone but directly from Prescriptives. This perfume turns and changes easily if not kept in the box and in a cool place. It will still smell somewhat like how it should smell but not with it's complexity and depth. A fresh bottle will smell truly exhillerating! You can't even buy a fresh bottle from any major department store. The perfume from them will not be fresh!

midsummer
midsummer

By the notes, I thought I would love this one. Green, fresh grass? Usually that's my olfactory standby. . . but there was something decidedly bitter and strange about Prescriptives that really turned me off. There's something decidedly inorganic about the smells that come from this perfume. It's not that I'm looking for aromatherapy - I'm looking for a perfume that takes me through an interesting story. This was more the green of office plants than the garden-fresh green I was hoping for.

redrose
redrose

very classy and green. I like it.Very feminine.

kittymoon
kittymoon

I used to love it and I just notice - reading a lot of reviews and seeing of how many different scents a perfume is built - that I remember 3 scents of a perfume I once had... this is what I remember about Calyx: fresh moan grass, spring flowers, an asian garden with bamboo. Very clean and fresh. There is no way to seduce somebody with this smell, I felt like a fairy dancing in morning dew wearing this. Fairies don't do seducing.

sky76sky
sky76sky

A trip down memory lane to the 90s. Popular scents were often androgynous, or rich & vanilla-laden or fruity clean-aquatics. Calyx belongs to the latter group & joins scents such as Escape & Issey although I find it far superior.

Calyx hits you with the high-sweet & the green on first sniff - bright & tart. Then the mint & melon arrive with a citrus peel twist, lily of the valley crystal clear in the background. Melon was very popular in perfumes at that time & Calyx makes the best fruit salad out of them, warm, juicy sheer & sour.

The cut grass & sap qualities of this scent become apparent after half an hour - mossy, metallic, green, slightly on the turn, a touch of rotting stems (is this the oakmoss playing with the orris?). Here is where the scent becomes make or break: if you are sensitive to these "high" notes then it will surely turn your stomach & sicken you. If you can handle them, you will fall head-over-heels for this uber-real fragrance.

Calyx is a Matrix scent masquerading as nature. It is as if all the molecules found in the ripest fruits were collected, scrubbed until they were squeaky-clean & wrapped in the freshest of green glass & brushed metal vials. From this was created a clinical scent to mimic the delights of nature - too clean & precise to be born from the chaotic mother-goddess yet possessing all of her qualities in a measured & metered manner.

Calyx will either delight you with a most unique green-fruity scent or it will sicken & die on your skin.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I presume that I tried the reformulated EDP in Macy's before leaving-the sales associate was hovering and making me uncomfortable, so I decided to hastily try something on my skin before being hassled away.....

I wish I had the same pleasant experience with Calyx as many of you have had....Calyx didn't smell green, or fruity or even soapy on my skin. Just synthetic- indeed like a grapefruit vanilla candle-not like anything from nature! If only it smelled more like shampoo on me, it could be more pleasant then-instead of dusty, slightly fresh perhaps-fruity or flowery instead of waxy. I don't know whether this is a fragrance that actually changes on the skin, but I'm sorry to say it's a big no-no for me.

belletresor

UPDATE:

OK, can anyone else who was over 20 yrs old in the 90's please tell me if the current Calyx is the same as the original formula???

As I said in my earlier post, I wore this ALOT in the 90's and from what I remember (and I'm not THAT old) it had a lovely citrusy character, like candied grapefruit. Gave it a spiciness that was really great. I also remember the "green notes" reminded me of honeydew melon......

SO, just for old times' sake, I broke down and bought a bottle - and much to my surprise, the stuff isn't cheap, despite being a relic from the 90's - HA HA. Some of my more "couture" fragrances are cheaper!

I was quite excited when it arrived, expecting to get that nostalgic trip back to my mid-20's. Instead of the fresh, bold, unique scent I remember and loved, this new stuff is WEAK, the complex notes muddled, almost powder-ish. Where are my beloved citrus notes?? Where is my spicy cedar? I can barely detect the melon....the shy mint is definitely there, but that seems to be all. Seems more aquatic than fruity. Actually, now that I re-sniff, it has a choking, dusty quality to it that reminds me of cheap drugstore perfume.... :o(

WHAT HAPPENED?? Is my nose having an "off day"??? I see that Aramis is taking over the formulation. My bottle came without a box, so maybe it is a newer version from the Aramis group....PLEASE TELL ME THEY HAVEN'T MESSED UP THE ORIGINAL!! That would be so sad! This juice is a shadow of the scent I used to love.

Anyone else with a new "Aramis-formulated" bottle who is familiar with the original 90's Calyx care to comment??

belletresor

Had this in the 90's and loved it for a long while!

Smells just like my favorite Votivo candle: Vanilla Grapefruit

I bet this would still be a great "pick-me-up" fragrance!

This site is making me want to revisit some "oldies but goodies" like Calyx and Nikki de Saint Phalle (from my hazy, sexy, too much fun, twentysomething years!!!!)

mymlan
mymlan

Wow! I got my sample and travelled the memorial highway to the 90's. Calyx was my signature for a couple of years, and I remeber why. It's such a lovley and interesting fragrance.

The top starts with water dripping crispy fresh fruits. There is nothing smoothly sweet in this blend of fruits, just pure freshness. Byredo Pulp is closest to this smell I believe.

Then, when it begins to bloom the fragrance gets a warmer character from the rich variety of flowers.

The base is given depth and maturity and from oakmoss, cedar and sensual musk.

I think this is a unique but modern and timeless fragrance, with the most intriguing character. Wear it with an elegant little black dress and you will be the exclusive queen of the night, different from all vanillas, orientals and other common evening perfumes.

Persephone
Persephone

Dewy green jungle leaves topped with a delicate exotic fruit note. Somehow, Calyx manages not to fall into neither category: it's neither overly green or fruity or floral. Just perfect balance. 1987?? I wish all modern fruity floral fragrances smelled like this one.

deeannek
deeannek

I was given Calyx two years ago for Christmas by my mother in law. I was very apprehensive. I think if you are going to give a perfume it should be something that you know the person likes. I thanked her but didn't try it on. I used the excuse that I was already wearing a perfume and I didn't want to mix them. Later after bathing I decided to give Calyx a try and I hated it at first. It was strong and really citrusy. That is not like anything I normally wear but as it dryed down a miracle happened. I really started to like it. Every morning I liked it a little more. After I used it all I ended up buying another. I really like Calyx for morning and gloomy winter days. It brings a little bit of summer back into my day.

marysasmiro
marysasmiro

Calyx made me fell in love with it from my first sniffed. I owned one bottle that I still keep it when it was only very little left as it wasn't available in my country.

I love it because it smells unsual. You just know it is Calyx and nothing else. Those sweetness from the apricot and passionfruit, combines with the freshness of mint plus the zesty touch of bergamot and mandarin orange simple made this perfume so refreshing and you just love it.

keriri
keriri

I just loooove Calyx!
It hits the middle of my strike zone.

Mango and papaya are playing on my skin...
So, it is tropical fruity.
But the oakmoss is creating a silent, mossy backup, therefore it doesn't give such a girly impact.
So, let's say it is a perfect fruity-floral fragrance adults can wear.

I am adoring Calyx for more than 15 years now.
I love the lovely smell, so I also use the others, but I know I will always come back to Calyx, and it'd be my scent again and again.

As lilina said, Prescriptives will be closed by the end of January 2010.
But Calyx will be transferred to Aramis, one from the same group, and CALYX WILL BE CONTINUED until Aramis decides to stop. In case.
So, don't worry, Calyx-lovers!!

Malegria
Malegria

A lovely scent.Like a bowl of Gold Ginger apples on a warm autumn day, or a shampoo with an apple scent. Fresh and feminine.

I know there`s no apples in there, but that`s what I got!

A perfect choice if you like to smell clean and innocent.

truffles
truffles

Oh dear. Got a sample of Calyx today in the post havng been hypnotised by tv shopping channel gushing verbal diarrhoea about how amazing it is.
Put a bit on and at first I think 'Mmm GREEN'. This pleasant initial note which is strangely accompanied by a fruity edge very quickly disappears and my next impression is TIMOTEI SHAMPOO. The exact smell of timotei shampoo.
The shampoo is a green puddle on a table top and beside it is a bowl of freshly cut peaches (or something).
To me this smells like an experiment that didn't work, it's clunky and the elements don't blend well
I don't really want to wear a perfume that smells just like shampoo and I'm not really a fruity perfume person either so this is definitely not for me!
Further confirmation that Sophia Grojsman's creations just don't do anything for me.

lilinah
lilinah

Estee Lauder, which owns Prescriptives, is discontinuing this line of cosmetics in 31 January 2010.

I really enjoy Calyx - it was my first "green" perfume purchased around the time it first came out - so i was glad to find out that it will continue to be sold.

From their website:
"After the closure of our retail counters, the Calyx fragrance, a Prescriptives best-seller, will be sold at the fragrance bar in select fine department stores (beginning February 1, 2010) and it will continue to be available online at www.prescriptives.com"

Flybethy
Flybethy

Take a peach, a nectarine, an apricot, a mango, a mandarin, a tangerine, a juicy jaffa and a darling clementine, and make their ring-leader a calm cool lily. Send them off for a classy, girly holiday to Biarritz and this is what you get. It sings young, healthy, happy, kind and clever with a great future full of possibility. It's 22 now which is astonishing, but it has always felt 22 and beautiful. So gorgeous I could bite huge chunks out of it. One of the most interesting, endearing and adorable fragrances ever.

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

I first smelled this about 15 years ago..someone i worked with kept this on their desk..i use to stop and smell it whenever i walked by...it was so unique...a wonderful clean yet unusual citrus smell with a special zing very "contempory" and for sure a classic because it is the kind of fragrance that one could wear today and still smell "current"...much more complex then most citrus scents i have found.... a few years ago i decided to buy some and unfortunately it smells horrible on my skin...NOOOOOOO!...i was so disappointed because on other people and straight from the bottle it is wonderful!...if you want a delightful citrus green daytime(or anytime)scent this might be for you.

essija
essija

This is so refreshing, crisp and a tiny bit sweet. Love it for the hot summer weather. Pefect for those who want something a little green and sheer. Must seek fb soon!

Mals86
Mals86

I love the refreshing greenness, but I simply cannot handle wearing the tropical fruit. It seems to go all sugary and overripe on my skin, canceling out the green. I do love smelling it on other people, though.

Tala
Tala

I bought this one in the summer of 1995.It was the thing to wear back then. It took me a while to figure out what this heavenly smell is with some women walking by. One day on a trip to our Holt Renfrew downtown vancouver I recognized the scent by the prescriptives counter. I really love this one. I love everything about it. The fresh clean smell, the botlle, and the green color of the perfume. Tropical fruit and an Amazon rain forest feeling. Years later I bought Happy thinking It was simillar; boy was I wrong! Nothing is like Calyx. The best floral fruity out there without any doubt.

solocha
solocha

A green optimistic scent for quenching thirst in summer perhaps. It is citruses, mint,melon lilly of the valley, mosses and grass, I cannot smell other components.

Calyx
Calyx

Calyx hits you with a sharp blast of green at first spray--I tested this scent in a perfume shop, and at first I thought I wouldn't like it on the basis of that blast of bergamot and mint.

But, like many of Sophia Grojsman's best compositions, this one saves the best for last. After the green, I could smell the soft fruit ripening on my skin... then the flowers in bloom.

And after that, the greenish-woody-mossy scent that remained after everything else had gone to seed.

The cycle of death and rebirth in a bottle.

This is one of the most interesting olfactory journeys I've ever taken, and in my opinion one of the most cleverly constructed perfumes ever made.

Calyx by Prescriptives 3.69 out of 5 based on 517 ratings and 112 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prescriptives Calyx fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prescriptives Calyx, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Calyx by Prescriptives. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Calyx by Prescriptives represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.