Designers » N-Q » Chypre « Groups

Abano Prince Matchabelli for women

Abano Prince Matchabelli for women
dislike

Abano fragrance was launched in 1931 under the slogan "Abandon your cares with Abano”. The composition consists of orange, lavender, patchouli, herbs and grasses and oak moss notes.

Lavender Patchouli Orange Green Notes oak moss

Abano Fragrance Reviews

Lushylori

Thanks so much for your response D3 :):) and thank you for all the interesting info on Prince Matchabelli.
I don't remember the Guerlain ones that you mentioned but then again I'm kind of new at the whole perfume collecting thing but I am quickly growing obsessed so I'm excited to learn much much more :)
I am pretty happy to say that I have an authentic bottle and it stills smells good to me but then again I have no frame of reference on the scent because this is the first time I've smelled it.:)
Thanks again ;) :):)

daniela3
daniela3

To Lushylori:

I happened to see among vintages other perfumes by the same P. Match. kept in a similar crown-shaped bottle, which was a sort of landmark being himself a real prince and an amateur chemist with a liking for fragrances as well. I also know about the existence of 'Golden Autumn' (1959), but do not confuse it with Abano (1938). It's another scent even though kept in the same typical bottle, I believe that this is a choice similar to Guerlain's one: do you remember the bee bottles? The same for Aprée l'O. or Eau Imp......., or the other designed for Mitsouko or l'Heure Bleu? Same bottle but very different fragrances!

In case you have a genuine and hopefully, well kept G.A. be happy as the vintages of this Maison are - for me - very interesting!

; )

D 3

Lushylori

Does anyone know if this Perfume was also called Golden autumn?
I just had a half full bottle given to me which is vintage and the Bottle looks exactly the same as Abano By prince Matchabelli.
If not,Does anyone know if Prince Matchabelli used the same bottle for his other fragrances?
Anyway,I have half a bottle of this up for swap if anyone wants it.
It almost has a chanel 5 scent but more warm and incensey...As I said before,the bottle is exactly the same as the Abano Bottle but on the little golden label it reads>>>Prince Matchabelli Golden Autumn Cologne Parfumee.
I think the name suits this scent very well :)

bayjh
bayjh

Love love love this vintage fragrance both for itself and for the memories it brings of my late maternal Grandmother.

Does anyone know if there's an available fragrance that comes close to it?

weegee
weegee

Abano was my wedding perfume.

Although my about-to-be mother-in-law had an absolute hissy fit because it just wasn't "proper", my "maid of honor" was my best friend, Edward. 30 years later, he's still my best friend while the marriage, sadly, dissolved in 18 months. My former MIL, I heard recently, continued to wreak havoc with my ex's next wife for many years. Some people never change. Some friendships, if we're very, very lucky, last a lifetime.

When I was married, a flautist played the "Costa Diva" aria from Norma. (unforgettably sung by la divina Maria Callas in the soundtrack of a lovely movie called "Atlantic City".) The temple was full, the chuppah was damask, my mother and brother were there, having flown across the country the day before, and my best friend stood at my side. My intended wore a heavy, honey body oil and I wore Prince Matchabelli's Abano, in bath oil concentration. The fragrance that wafted about us was positively Mediterranean and it spread through the sanctuary as the ceremony progressed and our skin warmed, full of happiness, faith, and hope for our future lives together. Afterward, at the reception, several people remarked on and asked what kind of incense we'd chosen to burn during the ceremony... We were the incense. It was us.

Thick, oily patchouli warmed by citrus, brightened by green notes and made postively animalic by oakmoss. The essence of sunshine.

Matchabelli's Abano will forever be for me the fragrance surrounding that day and that time in my life. Now, you'll have to excuse me as I think I have to go call my friend Edward and say "My friend, I love you still."

Abano by Prince Matchabelli 4.24 out of 5 based on 17 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prince Matchabelli Abano fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prince Matchabelli Abano, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Abano by Prince Matchabelli. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Abano by Prince Matchabelli represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.