Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Aviance Night Musk Prince Matchabelli for women

Aviance Night Musk Prince Matchabelli for women
dislike

cinnamon

Aviance Night Musk by Prince Matchabelli is a Floral fragrance for women. Aviance Night Musk was launched in 1983. The fragrance features orange blossom, sandalwood, patchouli, cinnamon, vanilla, jasmine, apple, cloves, ylang-ylang and rose.

Orange Blossom Sandalwood Patchouli Cinnamon Vanilla Jasmine Apple Cloves Ylang-Ylang Rose

Raffinee
Enjoli Midnight
Ellen

Aviance Night Musk Fragrance Reviews

francisrose
francisrose

It always amazes me how smells can bring back memories quicker than anything. This perfume was a favorite of a co-worker of mine at a department store. We worked in cosmetics and sold high end fragrances, but she would have nothing to do with them. This was her scent and nothing else would do. Deana had black hair and clear blue eyes, her entire persona was laden with beautiful confidence and a sense that she knew exactly who she was. I hadn't thought of her in years until yesterday when I sprayed some of this at my local Walgreens.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

A bottle of Aviance showed up on my door step, courtesy of a kind Fragrantican, and I’m happy to give my opinion on this classic 80’s fragrance. It is subtle and sweet and quite musky. Not a white musk, but still fairly light with a light incense note that is, I think, giving it the sweetness. Is that the cloves + vanilla? No incense is listed. In a way, it reminds me of Ciara, but while Ciara has what I think of as a cherry pipe tobacco note (the raspberry and oppoponax, I think), Aviance does not have that fruity sweetness or heavy tobacco-incense. I think there is still an incense note….can a perfume have a “light richness”? Is that the sandalwood? I love sandalwood, but really don’t smell this as a sandalwood-heavy scent.

I see this is compared to Ellen by Ellen Tracy, and I can see the similarities especially as Aviance dries down; both have that light, sweet, musky richness with a hint of spice that catches slightly in the back of your throat like powder or honey, but which isn’t either of those things. Aviance is more incense-y and balmy than Ellen, and Ellen has more fruit/floral. Aviance is very well blended, and does not evolve much over time.

I see this voted in as a night, winter fragrance, but I’m wearing it on a spring day to work and think it is doing just fine. It’s not heavy or bold, but neither is it shy and retiring. Aviance is comforting and soothing to me. Longevity 4 hours so far and still as strong as when I applied it; sillage is moderate at least.

Edit: this gets sweeter with age. After about 7 hours, I can still smell it, but it is mellower and more vanillic. Nice.

bonnie52
bonnie52

I remember this from my past with fondness. I loved it!

Daisycat18
Daisycat18

I was loath to get this as it listed vanilla as an ingredient and if there js any other fragrance blend i can't stand (other than fruits ) its vanilla. However i do like the maker and live wind song so thought " what the hell, if i don't like it i can give it as a gift!"
However i DO like it very much! Its layered with lovely nuances and notes and is just sublime. I cant define any if the ingredients separately, such is the blend, but whatever i just love it.

Roselorien
Roselorien

I purchased a small aerolsol can of this from wal-mart over ten years ago and was instantly hooked on the sexy scent.Everyone adored it. It was reminiscent of getting all dressed up with black stockings and red lipstick for a fun evening out somewhere. Sadly it has been reformulated and the bottle I bought some years back smelled much less vanilla and much more musk. I don't normally like much vanilla but with this scent it balanced out the strong musk, and now it is no longer. Too bad.

Ina1983
Ina1983

Wowowow, I just found this in my drawer.
Well, hello new winter scent!
I remembered it as a hair-spray-ish cheap smelling scent, but boy was I wrong!
I probably got it on my clothes last time I tried it, so it didn't develop properly.
This time, I sprayed and allowed it to dry before getting dressed, and WOW what a beauty! There is soft vanilla, there are pungent cloves and there is earthy and spicy sandalwood - making it a smooth yet sofisticated scent. Oh, I am so happy I gave it another try!

gishgamesh
gishgamesh

Never tried the original but the current version is nothing special for me. Linear, uninteresting, and like a bath product or deodorant rather than a perfume. By no means unpleasant but not something to get excited about. To me it bears a strong resemblance to Revlon Fire and Ice.

Just my two cents, I hope others can find more enjoyment in this one.

AdrianB
AdrianB

This fragrance circa 1990 was fab. Warm, sexy, alluring with staying power, yet not overwhelming to others.

The new formula isn't the same.

I need to find a late 80s/early 90s version of this. The new one is rather skunky on me :-(

boruvka44
boruvka44

I have never smelled the vintage, but the latest versions opening smells like Coco Mademoiselle with a little bit of Tocade (without cacao) - the CM´s plastic pink fruit bubble gum and fake patchouli, with amber and light spices of Tocade.
After some hours it´s light, balmy sweet and spicy orient musk.

lemonfreshjoy
lemonfreshjoy

When I wore this in 1990, my bf said I smelled like candy. I haven't smelled the new formulation yet.

lukkyme
lukkyme

I just was wondering as i noticed . . . . I did NOT remember the bottle that i had & loved soooo much looking like the one above^ in the add they are showing here & i had re-purchased recentley & of course the scent 2 me was NOT nearly as beautiful as i remembered AT ALL & then i noticed just under the add BUT before you get down to the comment's where they ALWAYS show a few for sale from different site's or from E-bay :D & I SEEN the bottle that I HAD & loved it was shaped differenttaller wath a large fitted gold lid/cap that had writing ''raised'' on the lid & NO small red fan shaped logo with the crown etc . . . . . itwas a spray bottle & idont thin the one they are showing is ALSO in one of the pic's it's showing a red box . .. now i thought i remembered the box from the above add but this was early 1990's when i had this A N Y W A Y-- can anyone tell me what the difference is or was OR if you had the same bottle as ME . . . & if so did it smell different ? ? ? ? ? ? PLEASE & thank you!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Radchick, you are right on target!

Although I have a new version purchased at Amazon, it still develops just as you say.

Clove haters beware! The opening is bright with tart granny smith apples and cloves, at a volumne that is actually offensive on my sister. Spices intensify on her skin, and this one never softened to endurable levels. It smelled vaguely like a cleanser combined with men's cologne. Not her favorite combination!

Aviance still surprised me, for all my reading and studying the notes. But as blind buys go, this is a FINE acquisition.

In no way is this a girlish, fluffy fragrance to spring on your teen niece at Christmas! It has an apple pie - spiced quality that is Growing on me by the hour.

It might as well be an edt for the strength and longevity ~ a little bit goes a long way. If you can give the strong opening a chance, Aviance proves herself to be a discreet and mature lady.

Warmly Elegant.

EDIT ~ The colder it gets outside, the more exciting this becomes! It has
Terrific longevity for a cologne, lasting upwards of 8 hours on me.

But I do sense the warmly sweet musk base now, which is really a bit much for me. It won't be My new winter scent, but it will make a SUPERB gift!

I bought a vintage bottle through e-bay because I simply love exploring these vintage scents. My first reaction to inhaling this is "wow"! This was a drugstore scent? Teenagers could afford this? It can't be! This opens up green, woody, spicy, earthy, and herbal. The clove is the most intense note at this point. Next, it softens to let the florals come through, still retaining its spicy woody complexity. The cinnamon comes peaking through here, but just peeking. It never makes a full entrance, not on me anyway. It eventually mellows to a soft spicy wood blend with a touch of sandalwood. So light and lovely at drydown. Although this seems like a powerhouse blend, its not overpowering, unless you use too much I suppose. This definitely has a vintage feel. I marvel that so many of these drugstore vintages seem to be as complex and sophisticated as the higher end fragrances of the time.

astamm62
astamm62

I really like this inexpensive scent...The more I smelt it the more it reminded me of another I like Kenzo Elephant.

whiteshoulders
whiteshoulders

Gorgeous scent. An underrated gem. My dirty little secret; such a beautiful perfume, especially for the price. Warm, rich and incredible for fall. A must have for me.

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i still have a bottle of the perfume oil, in this scent, from the mid 80's. i think i have a bottle with glitter in it, somewhere, too! the perfume oil, though, it still smells amazing. i'm pretty sure the formula got changed at some point, sadly, 'cuz i tried this at a shop not too long ago and it didn't smell as good :(

In Vogue
In Vogue

This was like a floral-oriental-musk all in one. Smelled gorgeous! Very sexy, a bombshell fragrance, not cheap smelling, in fact, way better than many expensive ones today. A little went a long way, one spritz and I was all fragrant, and out the door! Went well with my big dangly rhinestone earrings, and full face of make-up! (This was 1985, after all!) The perfect finishing touch before going out, I felt sophisticated and glam in this. Ah, the good old days, when cheap drugstore fragrances were secretly as high quality as the expensive ones! We didn't know how good we had it...

Aprilily
Aprilily

I was 18 when this came out and my bf at the time couldn't get enough of it. Out of all the other scents I had (some expensive, some not so much), this was his absolute favourite. I remember it being slightly spicy, warm and sweet...and it lasted for HOURS on my skin. I may have to revisit this one.

marshmello
marshmello

I used to LOVE this between 1986 - 1992. Now that the formula has changed, I can't stand it! It really stinks now. Why would they mess with something so lovely?

Banjos
Banjos

I just found this in my drawer and it has not turned although it may be 10 years old! I do not get musk; it does resemble Tabu (of which I am not fond) and Ciara but much nicer. Definitely a mature fragrance of the old school. Good lasting power and sillage.

distortech
distortech

This could be very lengthy review, but it would be pointless. I can sum it all up in one simple word - GORGEOUS!

I was named after this perfume and have been trying to find it forever. I want to order it for keep sake. I have never had the opportunity to smell it so i excited about it.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Sprayed this on at a cosmetics counter 3 hours ago. It has faded now to next to nothing. This was sort of popular in my youth, but honestly, I can't remember its fragrance. I was hoping I'd get a blast of nostalgia, but it didn't happen.

The name is contradictory to its scent. To me, it is neither a night scent, nor a musk. What I smelled at first was a very light floral with a teensy weensy bit of musk. Within 20 minutes a soft, powdery peach remained. Yes, PEACH! It's not listed in the notes, so it must be the way my chemistry changes it.

Pleasant enough. Now that I've tried it, I don't need to own it.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This is an old scent! Very rich and musky. I have a miniature of this from a thrift shop find! I collect all old bottles of perfume empty or not. This one was full so I can experience the richness of it when it was in full swing in the 1970's. I also have a Wind Song bath oil too, they both are wonderful to enjoy. Only the "Off the Deep Edge Perfume Pyscho" can really appreciate what Im talking about. Anything perfume becomes my business, Ive spent a fortune on perfume and will till the day I die, Im a true scent JUNKIE.

lemonlavendergirl
lemonlavendergirl

i just got this today,i love it.

Girly T-Rex
Girly T-Rex

You guys finally put this perfume on the site! I had Night Musk between the ages of 14-16, (I went through about 3 bottles of this stuff) and I just remember it being a really clean, light scent. Not suffocating at all. As I'm reading the fragrance notes I'm surprised...I don't remember detecting any cinnamon in it. I think I might buy another bottle of it soon, just for old times sake.

falovalo
falovalo

I'm not a musk person, but I really enjoyed this when I was around 13. Very nice and subtle and suitable for day or night.

Aviance Night Musk by Prince Matchabelli 4.13 out of 5 based on 56 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Prince Matchabelli Aviance Night Musk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Prince Matchabelli Aviance Night Musk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aviance Night Musk by Prince Matchabelli. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aviance Night Musk by Prince Matchabelli represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.