Designers » N-Q » Floral Green « Groups

Indian Summer Priscilla Presley for women

Indian Summer Priscilla Presley for women
dislike

ozonic

Indian Summer by Priscilla Presley is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Indian Summer was launched in 1995. Top notes are amalfi lemon and mandarin orange; middle notes are lotus, rose and violet; base notes are virginia cedar and tea.

Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange

Lotus Rose Violet

Virginia Cedar Tea

Eau D'Essence
Paul Smith Rose

Indian Summer Fragrance Reviews

Light_Blue
Light_Blue

Summer, sun, warmth, joy, hapiness, sophisticated and gentle. Great fragrance, one of two from my university life..

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

I wish I could smell cedar or tea or any of the other wonderful things people describe here. Unfortunately, this is soapy and headache inducing on me. If you enjoy rose and violets and soapy fragrances you will probably like this..

supernal light
supernal light

Great fragrance. My bottle is now empty and to my dismay it is no longer available. What a shame, it really does smell like an Indian Summer should/does smell like. Very lovely and unique.

goingblonde
goingblonde

A Green Floral? No.
A very warm spicy scent !Cedar & tea .I also get clove though not listed in the notes .
Long lasting & I feel definitely a fall/winter one .
Great to wear if you want something different !
One review mentioned "smoky" an that is a great description also .

Pooja37
Pooja37

I bought my first bottle of Indian Summer on a holiday in Salzburg, from a cute little perfumery on a cobblestoned street. Was love at first fragrance... since then have been through about nine 1.7oz bottles and each spray transports me back to Salzburg somehow! So sad it was discontinued. I am on my last bottle and there is only 20% left, so I use it sparingly now. even a whiff of this uplifts me instantly.

Update: After my bottle got over, I found myself pining for this but cold logic told me not to get tempted into paying the huge asking prices on ebay. What can I say? I finally succumbed to my heart and bought a bottle at 5 times the original price. It arrived today... I am in heaven once more! Worth every cent. I just hope Houbigant decides to renew this gorgeous fragrance on its own merit! Will be sure to treat it like gold.

cimfonica
cimfonica

I found a sample from long time ago and I love it. It makes you think of summer. It's warm and sophisticated. You can clearly smell the tea in it. So sad it's discontinued.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

My Mom and I shared a bottle of this when it first came out, and were so sad when it was discontinued.
Perhaps the name influenced my sense of smell, but to me it smelled almost exactly like a popular old New England dessert called "Indian Pudding".
A very comforting but sensual scent, one I dearly miss.

Julia1234
Julia1234

I have a bottle of this in the 20 ml thats about 75% full.
Let me know if you want to swap.

Darija_K
Darija_K

Ah, I remember having this at home, long time ago. I loved it then, and loved it years after, when I stumbled upon it at friend's house.

Can't get it anywhere now though, and I sniff at the empty bottle at home nostalgically because this scent is so wonderful. If summer had a signature scent, this would really be it. It's very warm and comforting, but not at all stuffy or heavy. It reminds me of lazy summer days spent away from the ocean, rather in a desert or woods, learning new things and seeing them for the first time. Also crickets in the background. The freedom of being a kid on a summer vacation, somewhere far from the city, ocassionaly talking to the elders full of wisdom. Sitting on your grandma's porch watching the sunset.

As I was saying, nostalgic. :)

Marina6969
Marina6969

I was using 15 years ago ,had 1 delivered today ,I love love love !!

Jellybean
Jellybean

80's tea-rose-citrus fragrance.
At first I thought this smells like something else that I have ..... possibly cross between Cinema and Kate Moss. Shortly into it I changed my mind, and find two previous ones mentioned lot better, scent and quality wise.
Notes look amazing, but poor quality of ingredients here is quite obvious seconds after trying it. I was looking forward to it, love the concept and tea fragrances, but I couldn't stomach this. Almost smells like too many cheap smells combined after a long day of no showering. Tried it on several occasions, did not work for me.
Drydown is too synthetic and cheap smelling, I just couldn't take it.

rhorhoy
rhorhoy

The indian Summer fragrance that I have is from the early 80's. I looked on the bottle just now and the manufacturer is Houbigant! The fragrance is very dark in the bottle and has top notes of citrus. midddle notes that are green, with woodsy botttom notes. The scent is evocative of autumn leaves. I really loved this fragrance back in the day and wore it year round!

annkom
annkom

On my skin it remindes the smell of leaves fallen from trees or (funny!) smell of celeriac. It's not sweet, but more earthy and spicy with a bit of salty aroma. I really like it because it's unusual in a positive way. Ps. If you want to get one check German Ebay (ebay.de).

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

My mom was using Indian Summer some years ago and it was her favourite scent. Unfortunetly for her it is discontinued, I don´t know why cause Pricilla could make a lot of money for bringing her perfumes back!

Lilyfey
Lilyfey

Another long lost love. My mum bought it many many years ago, i think it was 1999? I remember how much i loved it and in the end, after secretly using it, my mum bought me my own bottle. Think it wasn't very expensive anyway, but oh so gorgous! It's the smell of the end of summer...beautiful memories come to my mind! Wish it would still be available...

PS: Totally agree with Glitteralex, Priscilla Presley could DEFINITELY make millions by bringing her fragrances back.

SweetP
SweetP

Oh, I loved it so much! It was just like the start of Autumn... Sunny, sweet, gentle, citrusy, warm.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This fragrance gave me many headaches and many nights without sleep.. because I had it once .. but it ends and suddenly I was dying to get it.. And finally I did.. I got 3 bottles of it.. I´m a bit disappointed because they don´t have their boxes!! But it doesn´t matter.. What matters is that I have it, It´s a fortune for those who have it, very hard to find, mine were very expensives.. I also think it´s a vintage, this is definelly the best perfume around the world, and will be my signature fragrance Forever ;)

bamse.tramse
bamse.tramse

Indian Summer was my "most wanted" perfume in my teenage years, I was soooo desperate to have it and my mother gave it to me as a Christmas present. A (male) classmate of mine used to say this was the sexiest fragrance ever.
Brings back sweet memories...

jrova
jrova

Hi, I have this fragrance, don't find any use for it as a unique of a fragramce this is-it just collects dust in my cabinet. If anyoe wants to trade please let me know and Private message me. Thanks.

SheShe
SheShe

I love it!
I have a sample and I'm waiting for a 20 ml bottle, I've paid much for it but it's worth it.
It's a calm, beautiful scent, it brings autumn to my mind - warm autumn and lovely memories. The tea scent in here is very pretty, I can detect rose but not much. All in all the fragrance has something innocent, nostalgic and pure in itself. It reminds me of Crystal Noir a bit (the tea note). I wish the fragrance stayed longer on my skin, that's my one and only complaint.

Ah - and it isn't "vintage' at all.

squeeks420
squeeks420

i love this stuff and i have been looking and now i have found it yea!!!!!!!

glitteralex
glitteralex

Another winner from Priscilla Presley/Muelhens. I garnered a partial bottle from eBay, and was pleasantly surprised when, despite its age, it felt fresh and sweet. Indian Summer is a citrus/rose/musk, similar in character to Coty's sadly discontinued "Longing" (which has a stone fruit note, but , nonetheless, creates the same effect).

What makes this perfume interesting is that it is a citrus-tea scent that is not fleeting or airy like Tommy Girl or the Bulgari tea line (excepting Green Tea Extreme). This perfume has presence. It is anchored by its heart, rather than the base. Rich Rose, Lotus and Violet follow a luscious lemon tart opening. The base notes are far into the drydown and still succumb to the top and heart. Although vanilla is not mentioned in the notes, I do get some (or Tonka) in the opening. There is a roundness that generally belies Vanillin.

This is almost a gourmand, as it is quite sweet, like lemon drop candy, but the intense floral heart and earthy base keep it instead in the realm of Fruity Floral.

This is a joyful, young-at-heart perfume that I would wear to an afternoon wedding, or on Easter. Classic, pretty, and easy to like.

Priscilla Presley could make millions by bringing her fragrances back.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

It was one of 'my first frag loves', when I was a student at university. Unfortunately I hadn't enough money to buy it, so I bought a body spray version. I loved it so much. It's very feminine, warm, shiny and fresh, too (because of the tea and the lemon, I think). The name is perfect for this one, it's like a sunny day in autumn. However I used only the body spray, I've never got such a lot of compliments, as while using this one. Beautiful memories. I miss him...

arg1971
arg1971

I still have the bottle of this. I really liked it back when it first came out. havent worn this in years cant remember what it smells like

Mad-Lainey

I am really in love with it :-)
It would be my siganture if it wasn't discontinued.
It is so perfect for coming autumn chilly days :-)
Moderately sweet and so unique.
It is the only one I am ALWAYS getting numerous compliments about!
I have recently found a cheap supplier and bought myself 3 bottles, as it is becoming really expensive nowadays!
I am hoping to find myself an EDP one day, for the time being - finding it as such concentration is equal to finding lake in the middle of Kalahari desert :-)

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Indian Summer is a great fragrance.
I wore it in my early twens; I loved this sweet, warm, feminine scent.
In 2001 (or 2002?) they launched limited edition flankers called Indian Summer red, blue and green.
The flankers smelled perfectly like 80% Indian Summer and 20% red, blue or green. I used blue in winter, green in spring, red in summer and the original in autumn. For a whole year I have used those frags only.
It would be great if Fragrantica could add them for the records as they were brilliant and no cheap copies despite the closeness to the real Indian Summer.
Miss them all!

EDIT 12 Dec 2010.
I went throught my empty bottles yesterday and I do not think that this is a floral green scent.
Indian Summer is so feminine that if you had to classify it by colour, it would be dark red.
I am aware that by "floral green" they mean the notes but I would rather categorize it as floral only.
The perfume was actually quite strong, perfect for autumn weather, and very warm.
I cannot believe that the notes listed are all of those used in Indian Summer as I think there must be a woodsy base.
Anyway, a wonderful scent.
Classic and very feminine, one for the colder months.
My mum wore it with style and class and I just wore it. ;-)
Suitable for all age groups (don't want to bring up age, but this is timeless).

AmberLove
AmberLove

Today I was showered by nostalgia...I found this gem at a local drugstore!!!I instantly bought a few bottles to stock up, since this is so hard to find!!! Thank God they had a large stock of this and I got this for a real bargain!!!
I wore this in high school and always received compliments. This is a bit tangy in the beginning, but after the rose opens and pushes the basenotes to enfold...it smells too good to be true...so simple yet very alluring.
This scent stays indeed close to the skin, so its an excellent choice for summer. But it can be worn in other seasons as well...it is a very classy and unique scent!! Just love it!!!

CKS
CKS

One of the best fragrances I ever had. Calm, summery, happy. Very unique and easy to wear. Hope I am going to find it again :)
I find into this fragrance the hot and humid air of the summer, the music and the sensuality of the hot nights, the endless beauty of a sunset on the beach...

jazz444
jazz444

A quiet, powdery scent, something of a cross between CK One and Longing to me. It has an interesting ability to stay close to the skin while simultaneously projecting, though in a respectful way.

I wore this for a handful of years, but just let it go, for some reason. Definitely underrated.

Mad-Lainey

It is such a shame it has been discontinued! It is one of them you never forget - to me it was gently powdery but not the one that would make you sick, rather calm, soft powdery.
I could smell violet and bergamot (although the fragrance does not contain the latter).
I always received a lot of compliments when wearing that one - it is truly unforgettable and elegant.
I felll in love with it and even though it was only perfumed deo I used to wear - it lasted as long as edp!
Rare on the market, but well worth the high price, due to being long discontinued and a universal fragrance for any lady at any age!
Highly recommended!

mwater1
mwater1

Believe it or not, Indian Summer is one great little fragrance. It's discontinued and I'm really sad that more people won't have the chance to experience this wonderful fragrance.

The opening is very much citrus. A bright, sparkling lemon zest intermingled with the sweet juiciness of a mandarin orange to start off. The heart consists of lotus, rose, and violet. It's the lotus and rose that are really prominent in the heart. You won't detect very much of the violet in this fragrance. The base notes are cedar, tea, and musk. As the fragrance dries down the tea, cedar, and musk enfold the lotus and rose ever so lightly, even while the fading bits of the citrus fruits remain. It wears very close to the skin, so you would need to use a little more of it. On the dry down the fragrance is slightly smoky, almost as an ambery type of fragrance.
Indian Summer is a good fragrance for casual summer wear. Overall, I'd rank it a 7 out of 10 only because it doesn't have very good sillage.

Indian Summer by Priscilla Presley 4.14 out of 5 based on 131 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Priscilla Presley Indian Summer fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Priscilla Presley Indian Summer, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Indian Summer by Priscilla Presley. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Indian Summer by Priscilla Presley represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.