Designers » N-Q » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Acqua Viva Profumum Roma for women and men

Acqua Viva Profumum Roma for women and men
dislike

sour

Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features virginia cedar, amalfi lemon, cypress and laburnum.

Virginia Cedar Amalfi Lemon Cypress Laburnum

Eau d'Hadrien
Hadrien Absolu
Les Nuits d'Hadrien

Acqua Viva Fragrance Reviews

lorenzo_yann_morelli
lorenzo_yann_morelli

Lovely perfume. It opens with citrus juice that can almost itch your nose because of the cypress, however it fades into a warmer and more sweet lemon juice over time due to the combination with cedar wood. The image you get is almost the one of having sugar in this perfume. This very slight sweetnees can also be noticed from the opnening. It's just not as strong.

Perfume: 10/10

Projection: meh.. I never get noticed, unless from my family which will smell it a couple of moments after I just sprayed it.

Duration: I don't think this is as strong as other perfumes by ProFumum Roma.. I'd say 4 hours is when this scent starts to fade away..

rossarlen
rossarlen

When the conditions are just right in Texas, we can grow the most incredible citrus. The Ruby Red Grapefruit, a staple in the Texan diet, is marvellous--you haven't had grapefruit until you've eaten one. Our limes can grow to the size of a fist, and a tart and almost soapy-clean, the opposite of a Key Lime.
But one of the secret wonders of Texas agriculture is the Meyer Lemon. If the weather conditions are right, farmers and gardeners all over the land will produce some of the most sweet, rich lemons you could ever imagine. Their peels are almost orange. When you cut one open, it smells like fresh-squeezed lemonade, or a bag full of old-fashioned lemon drops, or the kind of natural lemon oil you use to finish a piece of wood.
My wife makes a limoncello using this entrancing citrus. Boozy and sweet without being cloying, it is such a powerful and elemental flavour that I subconsciously compare all lemon scents to the drink.
So some might smell Acqua Viva and smell lemon cleaner, or lemon drops, or even a nice fresh lemon, with undertones of cypress. But to me, it is almost precisely the smell of my wife's Meyer Lemon Limoncello. It's a gourmand to me, with a sugary crust over a fresh lemon heart (a deeper smell than most lemon fragrances I have encountered), yielding to an aromatic woodiness that really echoes cypress furniture to me.
In other words, it's a very evocative scent on my skin. One can easily tell the quality of the ingredients (this is Profumum, after all), but all the same, I doubt I will be picking up a bottle of this. It's a touch too sweet for a summer scent on my skin, and surprisingly, doesn't last at all in the heat. This might actually be an interesting late summer/early fall juice, and I will try it again then.
Altogether, I find the scent entrancing, but very personal, and although extraordinarily well put-together (if a bit linear), not something I'm terribly excited to share with others.
If your skin can handle sweetness, and you want a lemon fragrance, I think you would be hard-pressed to find a better juice. As for me, I will sit with it a while longer to decide if it is worth the considerable, but reasonable, price tag.

R

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - cedarwood, tart lemon & cypress.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 6hrs consistently.

oktober
oktober

This is awful. It's IDENTICAL to April Aromatics "Ray of Light". Both smell strongly of FERVEX LEMON!

No offence, but perhaps "natural" is not the best colour for lemon perfumes. Mainstream brands do a much better job with lemon.

chimera87
chimera87

Layering Acqua Viva and Victrix.
Both compliment each other amazingly well and create a powerful charming aura of amalfi lemons in the midst of earthy Italian herb garden.
Brilliant and super longevity sillage

Beyonder
Beyonder

One of the best lemon based scent ever!

arijitfrens
arijitfrens

this stuff is awesome... need to get a bottle though i have a 50ml decant i need the bottle now.. This will always be in my closet.. 10/10

Edit : gotta bottle and this is a lemon king... amazing..

Anacrusis
Anacrusis

A raw elemental expression of lemon in it's natural state. More lemon skin and pith than juice, it's refinement and sophistication au natural. A serious gentleman's cologne.

Buysblind
Buysblind

My personal Holy Grail lemon:

Acqua Viva smells like bright, sparkling Lemon Drops candy. It's a big lemon scent with excellent performance and due to the sweetness of the lemon accord it avoids smelling anything like furniture polish or a kitchen cleaner. This is the best lemon-centric fragrance I've smelled to date. It's sunny and bold and lasts a good while with nice projection. AV concludes in a light woody base though it never comes close to losing its citrus heart. My lemon quest more or less ends here, as Acqua Viva is a more modern and uplifting replacement for the previous lemon King, Monsieur Balmain. This blows Monsieur Balmain out of the water, and somehow makes it smell stuffy and drab. Though I was pretty bored with the citrus genre in general, Acqua Viva delivers a quality and depth that is exciting to behold. As far as citrus is concerned, 10/10.

Side note: Citrus notes are such a common component of fragrances. My review here is not comparing Acqua Viva to all fragrances with significant citrus accords, as many of these fragrances have other equally important facets or developments; it's in comparison to lemon-specific fragrances, such as Monsieur Balmain and Eau Hadrien. This is where Acqua Viva achieves its crown. While it may not be the perfect fragrance overall, it is certainly the perfect lemon fragrance.

Cerulean
Cerulean

★★★★

Bright smell of elegant lemon zests. Cedar emerges at a later stage but the bright lemon note stays until the end! Longevity is amazing (as always with Profumum) and has a good projection as well.

I would never pay that much for a citrus fragrance though, I did only pay that amount for Acqua Di Sale which is more of a statement.

This is the only fragrance that switched the classic and classy Eau Sauvage second to my lemon scents list!

Beautiful and up lifting.

VictorLeon
VictorLeon

beautiful! natural smelling lemons, not aquatic, more warm, sunny kind of feeling...for a citrus fragrance it lasts a long time...yesterday when I woke up it was still there, and that happens not too often with my skin chemistry.First half hour is loud, then settles down, gets a little woody, but with lemons still very persistant..I'm in love with it right now...the only downfall is price...I'm big citrus lover and this one's the best 1 I found so far!

Manny44
Manny44

I bought a 15 ml decant of this a year ago and have worn this 7- 8 times, and no disrespect to people who like this but, this is lemon cleaner.Maybe 95% concentrated lemon with a bit of immortelle (which this fragrance needs much more of imo). It just is. Thats what I smell, thats what the people around me smell, I don't find wearing this to be a "special" experience, or find this nuanced or luxurious or interesting in any way (At least in the first couple hours, the far dry-down gets better when the lemon finally chills out a bit but who wears a fragrance just to wait for the 3 hour mark to come). Just my opinion.

waruna gomis
waruna gomis

There are 4 types of lemons or lemon-like fragrances in this concoction. There is something very oily and slick about the the way the fragrances exude.

A very linear perfume till its end.

When unpacked and kept next to Annick Goutal's Hadrien Absolu, both are identical in every way (95%) but the Roma stays on your skin a tad longer. A great summer fragrance but not worthy for USD 220 + 80 for shipping. A summer perfume which does not stay on my skin for more than 2 hours.
In tropical Sri Lanka its such a a waste of good $$$.

qd_301
qd_301

Addictive!! Going to wear this all summer!! :-)

lilalina
lilalina

I find this to be the only fragrance that truly captures the sweetness of Amalfi lemon. Beyond gorgeous and mouth-watering!

ColdDiss
ColdDiss

If you miss the old version of Eau d'Hadrien, this is pretty darn close to that -- at more than twice the price, of course. It possesses the same clear, bright lemon note so realistic you'd think someone was cutting one at close proximity. It also has a touch of sweet white floral up top and some conifer-foresty notes that add a touch of the great outdoors to something that might otherwise smell like a kitchen. As with Hadrien, you either like smelling like this or you don't. There's nothing to "get."

The quality of Profumum can't be overstated -- this house makes very good, very simple perfumes and it is immediately apparent when you smell them. The price point suggests special occasion fragrance, but it would be all too easy to go through a whole bottle of this in a summer.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Lemons!

Lemonade!

Limoncello....

....lemon fresh disinfectant...

Sniffing the paper test for "Acqua Viva" will have you running through every association your brain has for lemon, before inevitably admitting that you've smelled toilet fresheners similar to this, and move on.

kirilchalakov
kirilchalakov

One of the best citrus perfumes i've ever tried. Exellent quality, long lasting and gets better after a few hours. A bit too strong citrus note ,but generally great. Bravo to the Italian people.

You will struggle to find a finer citrus than Acqua Viva. Many of the reviews here are absolutely spot on, especially @Estebanz.

A real journey of an opening with citrus from sharp lemon/grapefruit settling to zesty peel which smells super real, natural and accurate. A citrus smell which is complex within itself and even changes slightly over the first few minutes.
At this point I'll just say I'm not typically one to get excited about citrus but this is really worth the gushing praise.
Now then, I was expecting the waxy nature of white florals like neroli to develop at this point because that is my experience of 'high end' niche citrus fragrances bases and heart notes. I think they use them a) because they do compliment fruits and citrus and b) because they turbo charge the longevity.
To my utter surprise nothing developed except a gorgeous woody accord and even the tiniest hint of smoke.
It's very subtle fresh incense type vibe like olibanum, maybe coming from the cypress or cedar? but it's of the highest quality and a welcome addition to a fresh summer fragrance.
This is a masterful citrus aromatic a truly awesome piece of work with good longevity.

bejahu
bejahu

A lemon-lover's delight. Acqua Viva opens with a incredibly authentic blast of fresh, tart and juicy lemon. Nothing synthetic-smelling about this one, it is fresh and delicious. The longevity is impressive, especially for a citrus-based fragrance. I'm getting 8-10 hours on my skin with this one, although in the final two hours it is more about the cedar than the fresh and bright lemon scent that dominates the rest of the dry down.

I love this stuff. I've been looking for a long-lasting citrus scent for a while now, and am delighted to have found Acqua Viva. If you enjoy the smell of real, fresh cut lemons, then this fragrance is definitely for you. The outstanding longevity is a bonus.

I most strongly recommend this one. Outstanding summer fragrance.

Estebanz
Estebanz

Back in 2009,when I first started getting into fragrances I started like everybody else experimenting with fresh citrus aromantic scents, later on in 2010 I came to the conclusion that I wasn't really a big fan of that type of genre, so right there and then I knew it was going to be hard,really hard to find a Lemon,citrus,aromatic scent that will meet my expectations, today after 4 years of searching left and right I'm glad to announce that I've finally found that fragrance.
Doesn't happen very often that I'm on the mood to wear a Citrus Scent, but when I'm craving freshness I go for the king of lemons...Profvmvm Roma Acqva Viva.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

Before you splurge on a bottle of Acqua Viva . . .

I've never smelled a more beautiful, intense, delicious lemon than in Annick Goutal's Hadrien Absolu. It's an over-the-top lemony EDP that'll knock your socks off. And I'm not much of a citrus guy. You really need to try it before spending twice the money on a bottle of Acqua Viva. Note: As of today (10/29/13) Hadrien Absolu is not yet listed in the Fragrantica database. I hope this addition is forthcoming.

esteban747
esteban747

Acqua viva is a nice lemon fragrance.
At first is more green, like a lemon blossom. It becomes slightly tart after a couple of minutes. Then I detect something just a little bit sweet, just barely sweet, transforming the lemon scent into a light version of a lemon meringue pie.
The cypress and cedar stay in the background (far back) from the lemon.

For the price...I'm not sure. But it all depends, if I really like a fragrance I will probably buy it anyway.
I used to have Monsieur Balmain, though they are not exact copies, the have a similar vibe. Balmain is more sharp and masculine, still, the lemon is there (and at a more affordable price too).

anyone can say if this is the sour type lemon, or sweet or just in-between? Thanks, just cannot get hold of a sample.

al.to
al.to

One of the few long lasting lemon scent. the only one remember me lemon,true lemon.
very nice!
OOOOOVERPRICED!!!

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

I have a small vial sample of this, which I'm finding doesn't always represent the fragrance properly. Some vials just are missing something. Maybe the bottle should be shaken before the sample is taken out. I'm not sure.
Anyway, I wanted to find something I loved in this fragrance and to be excited about a manly, modern citrus cologne with a woody base. Instead I smell a very lemony fragrance that lasts about 3 hours. There's a touch of wood and some other things (hardly) underneath. If you love lemon, this is the one for you. If you don't want to spend $240 to smell like you just dusted your house and cleaned the kitchen with lemon-scented cleansers, just get a sample and try it out.

Labaloo
Labaloo

It actually reminds me of an upscale Aqua Velva- much more potent, higher quality. Like another reviewer said, I agree: I like it, but I don't find it original enough to warrant the $.

FlaviaRomana
FlaviaRomana

The best quality of italian lemons in a scent...!

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

I'm a bit careworn when it comes to this fragrance. On the first topnote, it is, as everyone has said, a lemon-citrus fragrance. And it is indeed that. The lemon topnote stands out to everything else (so far as I can tell). While this does not seem to be a problem for most people it was a bit of a hangup for me. Some have mentioned household cleaner or something - how the topnotes don't smell like that, etc. And in one sense I agree, but in another I disagree. I agree that AV doesn't smell like, for example, Lemon Pledge, other than that they have a lemon scent in common. But in a way, I still feel like I've just cleaned the house with Lemon Pledge when I am wearing AV (when it comes to the topnotes, anyway). So, it's not that it smells like a household cleaner, it's just that I get the sense that I've been cleaning the kitchen or dusting or something.
Once the topnotes dry down, the smell is still great. The strong lemon smell dies down and the cedarwood takes a stronger note. This is the best part of AV IMO. The sillage seems to be average and the longevity is decent (several hours).
The big downside to this fragrance is the price. It's around 240$ or so for 100ml. And I just find that to be much too expensive for a citrus fragrance that you can get at a cheaper price (Acqua Classica, while the scent isn't as great as AV, is a 30$, 100Ml citrus fragrance). So, overall I would rather have something much cheaper and not quite as great. But that's just me.

An incredibly realistc, natural and sparkling lemon note with woody undertones (cedarwood). Simple yet really well executed and refined, long lasting, kinda energizing. Not my cup of tea but surely among the best lemon based fragrances around.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Profumum Roma Acqua Viva fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua Viva by Profumum Roma represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.