Designers » N-Q » « Groups

dislike

marine
herbal
salty

Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma is a fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features virginia cedar, seaweed, salt and myrtle.

Virginia Cedar Seaweed Salt Myrtle

Acqua di Sale Fragrance Reviews

Lana148
Lana148

Well, this is different.

Barely there, some sort of salty - aquatic- azonic mix. Tiny woods and minty-myrtle notes behind. If you are after smelling like an air, as in this case they claim - marine air, go ahead. Plus you have to pay $240 for it.

Malthus101
Malthus101

Out of the bottle - smells like the seaside.

On my skin - smells like menthol vapour rub, toothpicks, the dentist, lemon desert of some kind.

Not unplesant but not like the seaside on my skin.

Really gets up your nose too so be careful with the spray.

A pass for me this time.

Steleale

Acqua di Sale makes me think about cloudy days at the end of summer season or about a cold windy winter day spent walking by the shore, it doesn't remind me summer nor warm tropical lands. Because of this I most prefer to wear it on winter time, even if it's good on summer as well.

Steleale

I agree with Gosha, Rebella and CGV: when I smell Acqua di Sale I feel the Ocean, I close my eyes and I remember when I spent 5 wonderful days in Sagres (Potugal), the extreme western Europe, and I see a cliff with a lighthouse and the immense Atlantic Ocean in front of me... No cafe nor cocktail bar in Portofino, just wild sea.

yunvme
yunvme

I received this in a summer sampler from Surrender To Chance. Would never have been something I would've bought but it is so different and lovely.
Has some pine smell that can be overpowering. It also seems to be best kept away from my face. If I apply to pulse points on arms and backs of knees it is lovely. If I apply too close to my face it has the same intensity as Vicks Vapour rub. This scent is so different and lovely I have been reaching for it quite a bit this summer and have received lots of compliments as it is just so different. Very herbal and salty. Great unisex scent. I have applied it to my husband so I can benefit from the scent.
Again apply sparingly.

caroji99
caroji99

I love it. Acqua di sale remember me the smell of the Macchia Mediaterranea when I passed the summer in the Tuscany cost. It is super fresh but in the same time is woody. I love it.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

Not a typical marine.
If I close my eyes there is no sea.

Rather there is creamy thickness, oily sweet herb and sports cream.

Layered and uncommon.

dmarcus1260
dmarcus1260

I received this as a complimentary sample from Lucky Scent so perhaps it was mislabeled. I mentioned that because this one doesn't smell like the beach to me but it does smell like something you would wear to the beach like tanning lotion or sunscreen without smelling tropical. This is very fresh and aromatic for sure but I'm not getting the salty brine vibe that I was hoping for.

coati_mm
coati_mm

i love the concept, but on my skin after one hour it's just a cheap pistachio softice flavour. very sad.

CGV
CGV

This fragrance is superb in representing the REAL seaside scent. There no coconut or lime in here, no sandy club house cocktail feeling. Just plain salt, seaweed, driftwood. The very beginning of this fragrance is a bit harsh but as it setlles down it starts to radiate the marine feeling for the enitre day. I could detect it even the next day, even if I only used a very little, only few "drops", so it has amazing longevity which cannot be compared to Montale's Sandflowers or Aqua Motu even though these 3 fragrances are similar to each other and are all of high quality. Heeley's Sel Marine or Creed's Virgin Island Water have a more tropical vibe while Aqcua di Sale is more Bretagne or Marthas Vineyard type of marine. Extremely good and extremely expensive. Gender neutral as its so natural smelling with a slight soapy vibe to it.

Bella77
Bella77

Acqua di sale takes me back to the summer. The cedar and pin trees, the sea is juste behind the forest... The air is hot, heated up by the august sun...

I love this one. Very good evolution and longevity on my skin. Beautiful!

This fragrance is the special one, this is bette to try before buy this "sea in the bottle". It depends of the skin chemistry.

debcen
debcen

Sulla mia pelle non risulta un profumo marino,non nel senso usuale del termine. E' molto boschivo,si sente molto il mirto e come note di fondo rimane leggermente muschiato.Forse ricorda più l'odore della macchia mediterranea in autunno. Non capisco chi lo paragona a Rem(non hanno nulla in comune)o addirittura a Fiore dell'onda(che neppure lontanamente assomiglia a Rem).Sono fragranze diversissime tra loro

Eos
Eos

I wanted ozone and salt.
Instead, what I got was wet wood and a fresh green note, something akin to ivy. No ozone, no salt. I guess its vaguely aquatic, but its more woody and herbal than intensely marine. I do like it, but its not love for me. Unisex verging on masculine.

sparris
sparris

Fragrant myrtle and salt. In fact, very salty on me, which I like. Savoury without being foody.
Refreshing on a hot day and a nice break from citrus-based cologne.

Would really like a full bottle!

ginger68
ginger68

It's an italian masterpiece. IMHO it is not beachy. I agree with Rebella. It is oceanic, wild, salty. I imagine seaweeds on a reef in the ocean. I imagine a lighthouse in the middle of a stormy sea. Is is pure freedom, also dramatic if you think to the power of the ocean. The lasting power is great. It is a very evocative fragrance.

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

There is something special about this fragrance for me. It is salty and marine, woody and herbal but also sweet. It is thick, fresh and aromatic (thanks to cedar and myrtle). Very sensual and sexual. As some say - it is like a wet warmed-up naked skin by the seaside in the heat of summer, like "sex on the beach fantasy". Sexy, sensual and provocative.

judithmarianne
judithmarianne

This perfume melts to your skin. This is what sex on the beach smells like.

the Italian
the Italian

(Rem by Reminiscence was created after this, the Italian wants to remind you))

I know how mystic and beautiful the experience of walking alone on a winter day by a seashore can be but sorry, you cannot wear it.
This will only make you smell like an elegant codfish.

al.to
al.to

Marine and NOT unique!
Balsamic fresh and salty effects.
simple and strong.

really overpriced around there are many similar scent.

worth a quarter of the price

vulpinitribe
vulpinitribe

Being half italian, this smells truly like summer to me.
I'm not sure it's my kind of scent really but there's some kind of magic going on.
For me it smells both artificial and "realistic", like memory, a dream.

The scenery: waves, wind, rocks, big sunglasses, aperitif, hot sweaty greasy nights, sleeping without sheets.

But I have to admit it's a bit too pricy for me,
but I bought a big sample for nostalgic sunny days.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

low sillage, mild longevity, and I really cannot tell how this has anything to do with salt water or ocean. I just got a clean smelling fragrance that I couldn't pin down or discern from any other calone type frag. I just dont' get this one. Glad I got a sample before I even thought about buying this. Nothing special going on here. I detect no salt, whatsoever.

FlaviaRomana
FlaviaRomana

The best marine scent in the whole world...!
I just love it.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

I find that ADS suits me well. It has great longevity and has what I would describe as a rather cantabile manner. It just flows well, even if some find it a bit linear. I did not like this upon my initial smell - it smelled like pure tanning oil to me. But once I applied it, I realized it was much more than that. It does smell a bit like tanning oil, but also has a sweet and salty smell at the same time (more sweet than salty, although the salt is there, at least in the middlenotes). I'm not for sure what exactly it is that I like about the smell, I can't name you the exact notes, and I'm just not sure what algae smells like (or for that matter why so many people know what algae smells like). I have noticed a common theme in some of the negative reviews. It looks like people who have smelled or worn similar fragrances do not like ADS. This might have something to do with the expensive price. But I have not worn an ocean-like scent before and I find it quite pleasant. Lasts on me around 8-9 hours. The downside to this fragrance is that it's absurdly expensive, over 200$ or so for a bottle.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

This really captures a day at the beach like nothing
else I have ever tested!At first it feels as if I`m
walking in a pine forest,very green and tangy,I am
approaching the sea,I can smell it in the distance,
as I walk on a cedar chip trail.Now I am on the
beach,the salty air and mist of cold ocean hit my
face in a sudden gust of wind.A cold fog rolls in,
I smell seaweed as it dances with the tide.Very
realistic indeed!Go with the oil,it has more depth,
and stays on amazingly well! P.S.,although suitable
for men and women,I feel like a mermaid when I wear
this:-) !!

exciter76
exciter76

Acqua Di Sale starts out with a seemingly intentional artificial orange blossomy scent, which mimics old school Coppertone in my mind. (Peculiar, I get orange blossom though it is clearly not in this, or at least not listed anywhere.) Underlying this is the saltiness of a light sweat in the summer’s afternoon sun along with the driftwood and seaweed of the ocean’s air. The screechingly sweet artificiality of the Coppertone note keeps me from absolutely loving it. Yet it is the entire mix—including the artificial note—that keeps me sniffing compulsively. I love it, then I find myself annoyed by the overwhelming Coppertone note, and then I round back to loving it again. This fragrance truly confuses me! One interesting thing about this fragrance: it has the ability to transport the wearer and others around the wearer to the nearest deserted beach as the fog rolls in, when the smell of the tide is strongest. Love it or hate it, you’re going to be transported to the beach; the sillage will be taking others along with you, as this is a sillage monster.

With the complex woody drydown I would personally consider this an ozonic chypre (if there is such a thing; if not, this fragrance proves there should be). I do not typically care for chypres but I find them the most interesting of all the scents in the fragrance kingdom. This is among the most interesting of the chypres I have yet smelled. I don’t have the $240.00+ for this and if I did I am not so sure I would make the investment in this. I prefer the safety of the waters provided by Lilly Pulitzer’s Beachy but this is certainly a beach adventure in a bottle.

friduchita
friduchita

La prima volta che l'ho "annusato" ho ritrovato l'odore delle cabine in cui mi spogliavo da bambina sull'Adriatico; la sabbia, il salmastro, le stelle marine essiccate... Dopo averlo acquistato e indossato ci ho sentito il mirto della macchia mediterranea che circonda la mia casa al mare, sul Tirreno. Insomma non c'è nulla che mi ricordi di più l'estate!

Labaloo
Labaloo

To me, this is one of the best-balanced of the "watery" frags out there. It emanates a quiet peace that comes from lazing and strolling along the sea-shore on a foggy day with a silver sun above- personally reminding me of days I once spent camping on Galveston.

jeffreywelch
jeffreywelch

I bought this fragrance at the Profumum boutique on my last trip to Rome. I find the fragrance very delightful and bright. It is VERY different than the vast majority of aquatic fragrances on the market. In fact, I have never smelled another fragrance with similarities to Acqua di Sale. There may be some, but I just haven't run across them. Acqua di Sale lives up to its name. It is very salty and aquatic, and one definitely smells like they have spent a day at the beach when wearing this juice. I find the fragrance very unisex and one I generally use in spring to fall when temperatures tend to be on the warmer side and when one is more likely to have spent some time at the beach, though every now and then I will spritz Acqua di Sale during the cold winter months just to transport me spiritually to the beach that seems so far away. It is quite strong, in my opinion, and two sprays should suffice for most people. Longevity is 8 -10 hours on me and projection is medium. I have had many compliments when wearing this fragrance. Acqua di Sale is quite pricey. It was less expensive when buying in Rome (maybe $50 - $60 USD dollars cheaper based on conversion at the time I purchased it), but it does tend to be on the pricey side. On the bright side, it will last me for a couple of years since it is one of several fragrances I use during the warm weather months.

Bjse
Bjse

While in the bottle this perfume smells beautiful; like a fresh, exiting sea breeze. When I applied it to my skin I noticed a distinctly soapy note that practically overpowered the other notes I enjoyed so much from the bottle. As the fragrance is developing on my skin the soapiness is becoming more intense. Very unfortunate. This perfume smells great in the bottle!

Maybe it would smell better on someone else.

Gosha
Gosha

oh...Acqua di Sale...is...different. Salt and...shellfish and water...how interesting! It may sound quite repulsive, but really there is something clean and green and pure and fresh and...all of it somehow symbolizes the primordial forms of life. Ocean. The simplest and yet the most complex of all things. Salt and marine greenery all around. Seaweed. Pebbles. This is not aquatic as I have experienced any other aquatic (still water or pretty water flowers or plants. This is not a fragrance for mermaids and no, it is most certainly not "a warm glowing endearing afternoon lounging at a seaside cafe at Portofino", Veruska. This IS the ocean. Wild waters. Vast, deep, wide, infinite, boundless, inhospitable and unfathomable), there is definitely water here. Lots of. Maybe even in various forms. The sea water itself. Mist in the air. Damp sand. Seaweed. Fog. Rain.
There is no sunshine here. No holidays. Not a trace of sweetness. Except for - perhaps - the natural sweetness of skin freshly washed in sea water. This IS the ocean. The sound of massive waves crashing against the shore. Wild wind. Water and salt in the air sprayed into your face.
I don't know about snob-ish Italian ladies without class wearing this "alfarom", but this is certainly not a "ladies fragrance". Very unisex, very timeless, very addictive.

Barbie2
Barbie2

I love this perfume, although it's much too expensive and comes in bottles too big (as I have so many perfumes I will never finish it). Aria di mare and Pioggia salata (Profvmo) are alike. The latter can be ordered from the webshop in Italy, which works perfectly!

In italy this is a cult scent for all the snob-ish ladies without class but with a biiiiiig credit card. A scent that litterally makes me laughing so hard I cant' breathe. You can easly buy Demeter's Rain for 10 bucks and tell everybody it's acqua di sale, no one will notice. Actually they're not really similar, but no one will notice, anyway! ahahahahahah, sorry I was talking about acqua di sale and couldn't stop laughing...

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

After testing this a few times, I finally realized what it reminded me of...Womanity by Thierry Mugler, although this one feels much more unisex, and not as dry, and it also works much better with my chemistry!

There is a slightly wet-green-medicinal note in the opening which I assume is the myrhh interacting with the seaweed, but after that note fades, the fragrance is woody, salty, a little green, and a little wet. And, as the fragrance works toward its base notes, it gets drier.

While I'm still not sure if I think it smells "good", I find the scent quite addictive and refreshing, especially in the dry-down where it smells of wood and wet salt, reminding me a little of coastal air. It also seems to last a little longer on my skin than the other Profumums I have tested.

A strange but successful scent, in my opinion!

merilu59
merilu59

solitamente non uso profumi acquatici
ma questo lo trovo adorabile

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

very very light smell of fish market.full of natural seaweed.

begining of future's masterpiece.it needs develop.

rebella
rebella

This is my favourite -perfume- interprention of the ocean. It´s wild, wet, salty, cool and longlasting.

Usually not a big fan of aquatic scents or scents trying to copy to real sea, but this manage to touch me and are one of few ocean/sea scents that mixes really good with my skin chemistry.

This is the scent of the wild, roaring sea around wind swept islands in the north Atlantic or the very southern Pacific. Cliffs, wind and little sea animals...

Lovely.

veruska
veruska

I can't say it smells bad but 100ml costs 240 usdollars.You pretty much expect a warm glowing endearing afternoon lounging at a seaside cafe at Portofino. And what you get? A touch of salty and chlorinated skin as if you got yourself involved on kids piscine, with a slightly balsamic cedar note.

Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma 3.89 out of 5 based on 124 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Profumum Roma Acqua di Sale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua di Sale by Profumum Roma represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.