Designers » N-Q » Woody « Groups

Alba Profumum Roma for women and men
dislike

nutty
almond

Alba by Profumum Roma is a Woody fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features sandalwood, amber, hazelnut, almond and iris.

Sandalwood Amber Hazelnut Almond iris

Citizen Queen
Hanae Mori
Lea

Alba Fragrance Reviews

dmetzger
dmetzger

It's like this wanted to be Bois d'argent but didn't study hard enough.

I like how well blended Profumum's scents are, I just can't get behind some of them and Alba is no exception. It never transcends into something memorable or desirable for me. Lots of Iris and hazlenut which to my nose is not as good as it sounds. I get no almonds or amber or sandalwood.

Dries down fast and goes to sleep untill you accidentally put another perfume over it because you forgot you were wearing anything.

It isn't boring it's just forgettable, which might be worse. Dial up the hazlenut and almond to 10 and let the iris sit as a soft backdrop and this might be a real masterpiece (for me and my tastes) but right now it just doesn't perform and it doesn't last and it isn't memorable.

Scent: 5/10 just off and completely forgettable. Ive worn it 6 times now and each time I smell it as it goes on, I re-discover the scent because it leaves no lasting impression on me. That is the antithesis of what I want in a niche perfume.

Longevity: 6/10 again oddly, nearly ALL Profumum's last a solid 6 hours on my skin but half of that or more is tight-to-the-body or a straight skin scent. Who are you people claiming beast-mode? I'm starting to not believe you, 12 Profumum's in rotation and no deviation from the magic 6 hour mark.

Projection: 3-4/10 it's light and dries down fully within an hour and becomes a skin scent not long after.

Sillage: 1/10. Seriously. Nothing there.

Would I buy a full bottle? Nope. Would never cross my mind.

landshark321
landshark321

Profumum Alba isn't bad but is definitely more geared toward women, so it's simply not for me. A well-balanced powdery, woody, floral blend, Alba is decidedly lighter in terms of character but its decent performance gives it year-round potential. And with a hint of vanilla at the base to round things out, there's at least something to mitigate its powdery sharpness. Definitely just a miscalculation on my part to think I'd enjoy this one.

5 out of 10

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

What I experienced with Alba was a simple, but very nice smelling scent that exhibits all the notes that are listed on this page. It’s a light, smooth, gourmand with a wood backing, that leads to an emphasis on the iris and amber after several hours.

Initially, the nutty side of Alba comes out with the wood backing. Here, the iris lied more in the background for me, only coming out with the amber later - in which case, they took over a more dominant position in the fragrance. Very nice!

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - lemon, dried out vanilla.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

#22

emily7
emily7

As I already noticed in several other Profumum Roma gourmands, the same unsettling thing happens here with top notes too, so I was skeptical. Still, Alba turned out to be quite harmonious gourmand transforming very quickly from average ambery sweet hazelnut nothing to something very special, a cuddly, dreamy clound nine made of iris, almond, sandalwood, constructed fully as an idea of sweetness instead of an usual gourmand sweetness you get tired of half an hour later.
With Dolce Acqua one of my favorites and my best gourmand of the line so far.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Alba has a gauzy, breezy quality about it that makes it seem very abstract. My main thoughts are that it as fluffy, soft, white, creamy, and slightly powdery with a woody undertone. I think the iris is prominent, but can I specifically detect hazelnut, almond, or sandalwood, as Profumum Roma's website states? Not necessarily. I have seen other trusted websites that list the notes as "hazelwood and almondwood", which would make a lot more sense to me.

In the first 15-20 minutes, I was certain I had smelled something identical to it. It hit me--Fragonard's Miranda...which also smells like Casmir by Chopard. But once I get past the top notes, all traces of those other perfumes fade away.

Alba then reminds me of perfumes such as L'Eau d'Hiver by Malle or Swan Princess by Vagabond Prince. They are all creamy white, snowy perfumes. There is a reminder or sensation of white chocolate in perfumes like this; or perhaps vanilla steamed milk. To my nose, Alba smells far more natural than the others I mentioned, which is a mark of the excellent quality that I have come to expect from Profumum Roma.

Alba is certainly one of my favorites from Profumum Roma. Looking forward to getting cozy with it when winter arrives.

lilalina
lilalina

This is a lovely soft almond scent, the opening reminds me a bit of Profvmvm's Vanitas, a tangy sweet opening, then more soft almonds, powdery and very elegant.

mutmiu
mutmiu

Alba opens a blast of sharp playdough-y almond, then half an hour-an hour later the almond-note quiets down with some nutty sandalwood. Chilly, elegant iris joins to the sweet almond, and the fragrance finally fades to a soft, powdery, vanillic amber. Cozy, comforting, close to the skin, but longlasting, Alba is like the lovechild of Jour de Fete and Bois Farine from L'Artisan Parfumeur. Almond, iris, and amber with a touch of vanilla create a powdery soft fine fragrance with some dry, woody undertones.

Only downside it is so expensive. What a pity that the Profumum-fragrances are not available in smaller sizes.

Steleale
Steleale

Good at the opening: a strong but beautiful scent of almond mixed to iris which gives a sensation of 'clean'. After one/two hours the amber comes out, but unfortunately on my skin the longevity either the sillage are poor. It doesn't satisfied me: i was expecting something heavier from a fragrance with high concentration of essential oils.

One week later: I am happy because I get get lots of compliment and I like the fragrance very much, it's feminine and elegant. Doesn't matter if it doesn't last on me all day long.

Two weeks later: this is definitely one of the best scent i have ever worn, it makes me feel feminine in a very CLASSY way.

Intoxicatingly strong opening of atomic almond which doesn't settle down into smelling like almond until the drydown. It's like a ultra gourmand, MEGA, MEGA powdery scent which is an interesting outing but a super weird choice of fragrance in my opinion. The iris note is pronounced and when in this context just adds to the existing powdery amber and almond...which doesn't give enough balance IMO.
It puts me in mind of similar scents from Etat Libre d'Orange like La fin du Monde or the recent Valentino Uomo the main exception being they both go in different directions and have better balance and less intensity overall.
I feel Alba is over the top, a lovely smell but too strong and cloying. Undeniably quality juice here again from profumum and the longevity refelects that.

Cereza
Cereza

"Alba" is a truly high quality dark/powdery almond scent. It opened rather sharp full with burnt almonds and sandalwood, it got slightly lighter when iris appeared. Iris in "Alba" for me doesn't give any powder, it adds the much needed freshness, even though the scent itself is very powdery from the almonds. The drydown is truly a bliss - it wraps you like a warm, silk blanket.

Silage is good and longevity excellent. Worth a try, though for me there is a bit too much of the burnt undertone.

ankama
ankama

I bought this one blind. It is a very nice and comforting scent that immediately reminded me of something I smelled before... After thinking about what it was for some days I finally got it: it is very similar to Aldo Vandini's Macadamia Vanilla line (if anyone knows that). To me it is rather creamy than powdery. A peaceful scent that makes me smile ;) and feel calm.

hermyonee
hermyonee

this is on my list, along with DOlce Acqua for my next purchase at PFR; my absolute fav remains Battito d'ali, so unique, elegant sensual and mysterious

Labaloo
Labaloo

Very elegant- floral/woody/powdery. I also think I sense fig leaf, but I'm not sure. Very harmonious blending; it reminds me of clean, cotton sheets.

prot72
prot72

As far as I compare to the other the most sophisticated fragrance ever made (of course in my opinion).Woody, woody and more woody, deep and mysterious, a little powdery, slightly sweet. It is romantic and extremely cozy. The gentlest experience I ever had. Like an angel wings, delicate morning wind, fresh and sweet at the same time. I’m closing my eyes and I feel like a baby when Alba touch my skin. Really, there are no other fragrances that make me so happy. I don’t know whether I would like to wear this fragrance frequently or not. It is too good and too special for everyday use. It is worth any price and any time to spend in its aura. This is not often discussed fragrance because it not loud or overpowering. I recommend Alba for people who needs to understand human soul. When I’m wearing it my friends are happy :-) so I’m happy too.

Gosha
Gosha

What a soft, gentle, powdery delight with an interesting touch! It is clean and pure, but also somehow sexy and very seductive, but in a sort of pristine way.
In the LuckyScent.com description they say that Alba means "dawn", but it also means "white" in several languages and this is the perfect colour for this fragrance! White as snow or white flowers, purity or frost, cream, mystic fog or pearls or cotton or foam on the sea. White as the soft light just a brief moment before sunrise.
This fragrance would go wonderfully with Botticelli's Venus image in my opinion! Exquisite!

rebella
rebella

At first Alba failed to get my attention, I put it on and after a sweet, yet not so interesting top note I was left with something barely noticable. Hmmm... is this what you get for all that money? Kind of nothing. Huh.

About half an hour went by, without noticing how it happened I suddenly started to notice a pleasant smell. My husband sniffed in the air, asking what is it that smells so good? My daughter did the same. They both sniffed my writst and went Mmmmmmmm... oh so good! I smelled my wrist and smelled... ohhh almost nothing, but the little that was there smelled amazingly good.

Alba is one of the best skin scents I´ve tried. It´s sofisticated, sexy, warm, comfortable and slowly warms up on your skin like a perfect veil of transparente silk. The base notes are really quite noticable, like if the scent develop backwards...

A must try if you´re looking for an elegant, understated, smoth, sexy skin scent. Incredible longlasting. Sillage like minus, it kind of melts in with your skin...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Profumum Roma Alba fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Profumum Roma Alba, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Alba by Profumum Roma. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Alba by Profumum Roma represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.