Designers » N-Q » « Groups

Ambra Aurea Profumum Roma for women and men

Ambra Aurea Profumum Roma for women and men
dislike

smoky

Ambra Aurea by Profumum Roma is a fragrance for women and men. The fragrance features amber, incense and myrrh.

Amber Incense Myrrh

Ambra Aurea Fragrance Reviews

RobBob
RobBob

Ambra Aurea from Profumum Roma is very very bad for me. I read the reviews of this perfume here and on Basenotes. I watched the reviews by the most excellent mrzayas81 and Scentrifugal Force on YouTube. Then I looked up on line where Ambra Aurea is being sold. I found out that in my neighborhood in NYC is a store called Osswald on West Broadway and Canal (Beautiful store and great sales associates). They are one of the three sellers of Profumum Roma perfumes in the US. I sampled AA on paper and on my skin. They gave me a sample and BONG!!! I LOVE it, I am hooked! Ambra Aurea is a simple scent that packs a wallop! It's amber, incense and myrrh. But it's more than that. It's sweet, smokey, caramel-ish, and woody. It gets into your head. All of Profumum Roma's fragrances have serious longevity and sillage. Everything that I have heard and read about Profumum Roma is true. These perfumes last and last, I was smelling it in my sleep last night - very nice. Profumum Roma uses something like 46% of perfume oil in their scents. Even though they call it Eau De Parfum it's more like an extrait concentration. Profumum's fragrances are all $250.00 and they only come in a 3.4 fl oz. size. A couple of their fragrances are slightly higher in price. As I said, this is bad for me because I love strong scents that last and Profumum has about 30 of them. Right now I can only speak for Ambra Aurea, I have only sampled about three other Profumum Roma's scents, but I can say they are worth it. Beautiful scents, and you don't have to use too much. I look forward to a nice relationship with Profumum Roma and their other amazing scents. Ambra Aurea is everything I want in an amber based scent, it's subtle and beautiful. Which one will I choose for my next purchase?

lemonlye
lemonlye

Yep, amber. A lot like Ambre Sultan, but even more just straight-up pleasant amber, without that metallic edge of perfuminess that Sultan had for me. Potent, wafts nicely. As long as I apply lightly, I really like its sweetness, like vanilla extract in the bottle; not over-sweet but pleasantly rich. I have a sample and it'll last me a while, and I probably wouldn’t spring for a full bottle at that price, but it is good. Definitely worth a try for hardcore amber fans. And if you're not an amber fan, there is no reason at all to try this.

Perfumelover15
Perfumelover15

If you love amber,you have to try this one. Very rich and warm.Bitter and sweet at the same time. It is similar to Ambre Sultan,witch is more arabic. This one is more "baroque". And it is very longlasting. I love it.

emily7
emily7

Soothing, contemplative amber, golden indeed.
Opening note of herbal liquer - a la Jaegermeister - is the thinnest note of the composition - stands out only at the beginning and with time it melts into the golden amber, softly interwining with rest of the notes till the drydown. AA is a spectatular blend, rich, deep but not heavy, very enjoyable. I detected no sweetness at all, still it's one of the rare ambers I can wear without fatigue. Furthermore, I was surprised the extent to which vintage Youth Dew I used to have is similar to Ambra Aurea; starting from dark brown almost scary-looking liquid that may have lost its sharpness/top notes due to age, but nevertheless it was a rich, golden amber drowned in incense, spice and lots of powder - only now to realize this 20-something year old Estee Lauder I swapped away so recklessly was simply spectacular! It lacked the specific AA's opening herbal accent, but on the other hand was a sillage/longevity beast with more complexity than Ambra Aurea...
Ambra Aurea or vintage Youth Dew - both fantastic fragrances, each in their own price category.

archivist
archivist

I find this not just balsamic, but also frankly aromatic, like a very strong cologne. I could swear I smell mint in this, like a fresh crushed peppermint or a sweet basil. Like a greener, juicier version of Sunday Morning (Byredo) or Week-End (Nicolai). Not much amber or incense for me, at least not as I am accustomed to smelling them.

Brigidstanley
Brigidstanley

Wow, the warmest frankincense I have smelled outside of Aftelier's "Ancient Resins" hair and body oil. Very lush, smooth, regal. There is a carmelized sugary scent that calms the bright and medicinal harshness that I often find in myrrh. My skin tends to enhance smoky scents, I like that with this perfume the smoky/animalistic depth is subtle rather than too masculine. I'm sure this would be wonderful on either gender! I agree that the usual incense in this perfume seems more exotic rather than churchlike. The amber is less powdery, and more earthy than the many others I have sampled. Maybe I am just drawn to these more unisex perfumes.... But this doesn't seems overwhelming in silage to me at all.

Casamir
Casamir

Finishes as a woody amber - yes.
But to me, it initially has a scent of blown out match mixed with that of a burnt marshmallow.
Still a pleasant fragrance overall

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - pure thick, sticky amber.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

msmonochrome
msmonochrome

This smells identical to the candles lit by the devoted in churches as they pray for loved ones. Very waxy, sweetened,smoky amber....heavy on warmth, and a slight hint of spice.

I actually love that smell/association, but the issue here is that this fragrance is as heavy as hyper intelligent elephants playing Pantera's greatest hits.

Ambra Aurea is a HUGE projection/sillage beast. This scent could fill stadiums, never mind elevators. It also is insanely long lasting.

One small dab on my left wrist, created a month of Sundays in every room I entered for the next 24 or so hours.

What is enjoyable in smaller, less beastly doses quickly wears out its welcome at chemical weapon concentration.
Hour 1 was pleasant.
Hour 3 was a bit much.
Hour 6 I had the start of a splitting headache.
By hour 12 I was calculating how much scrubbing my skin could stand before I hit bones underneath.
At hour 24, I wondered if scrubbing myself raw would only reveal that even my bones reeked of Ambra Aurea.

I don't hate this, but it is impossible for me to wear in its current brute force formulation. This fragrance is just about the definition of "too much of a good thing".

stephan
stephan

This is really a great mysterious fragrance, I often sample it, but I never buy a full bottle because I can not figure out when to wear it. Outstanding sillage and longevity.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Read sweetnspicey's review below and you will understand exactly what this elixir is all about. She's left no words behind that could or should be written about Ambra Aurea. Such a grand review.

I want to second every word. This is an experience, rather than a fragrance worn.

Is it beautiful? Yes. Is it powerful? Indeed.

To me, it is ancient in presence, fit for a pharaoh or his queen. In my next life, I'll get a bottle, as it is a pricey potion. But absolutely worth it.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Arguably the most exquisite amber perfume I have encountered to date. If you are familiar with Tom Ford's Amber Absolute, you have a vague idea of what this perfume smells like--a high-quality woody amber. Oh but there is so much more to this one [rubbing hands together mischievously]. The woody amber forms only the base on top of which sits an undeniably natural note of precious, increasingly rare, ambergris. The ambergris here reminds me so much of that which is used in Guerlain's Encens Mythique d'Orient--a whale's breath, shimmering sea water on a dancing whales back. It is sweet, ethereal, translucent, and salty enough to cause one to salivate.

Adding another twist to this already exquisite creation, the ambergris smells as if it has been smoked or partially burned (I understand ancient Egyptians burned ambergris as incense). The whole concoction is like a smooth, woody amber mixed with roasted vanilla salt water taffy. It is just on the cusp of being gourmand, but the ambergris' slightly animalic scent of cured feces makes it entirely inedible. At least I hope that sounds unappetizing to most people!

This really is an amber masterpiece. It is highly recommended for amber lovers, particularly those who wish to become more familiar with the scent of ambergris in particular. Ford's amber, although good at what it set out to accomplish, IMHO cannot hold a candle to this.

AvéParfum.com

lilalina
lilalina

I just sampled this at the Profvmvm Roma store in Rome. Wow, wow, wow! This is beyond gorgeous. Sweet amber. so gorgeous, so beautiful, it smells so old-fashioned it makes for a very sophisticated scent! I'm in love!

Lisilou
Lisilou

It opens with the spiciness of cinnamon and clove. I am not good at dissecting perfumes but I am instantly transported to India and Nepal, where I have lived. It smells like a Hindu temple - incense and smoky. And dusty. I think of dusty streets, soft cotton sarees and a perfume that covers malodours. Unisex. I've asked my family members to comment and they each said, "Hmm, it's okay." It's a heavy perfume with the potential to trigger a migraine of an a bad day. Do I love it - not quite, but liking it more and more.

the_badger
the_badger

Sorry but no. This is too strong for me, this is raw amber pure and simple and for me that is a no-no. I mean, I must give credit to Profumum for having created the most realistic amber I have ever smelled but no thanks. I like amber when it is combined with something else, like the tobacco-amber combo in Baldessarini Ambre or in many of Thierry Mugler's fragrances. Raw amber has a stinky urine-like odor, its not clean nor fresh and instead of attracting people you might be doing the opposite. It reminds me of Tom Ford's Amber Absolute and the first thing that came to my mind when I smelled that was a Middle Eastern or Indian merchant. I have noticed many Profumum fragrances are very simple in composition: Amber is amber, Patchouli is patchouli, Olibanum is olibanum, Arso is pine... Out of all of these, Arso is the only one I can tolerate.

Update:
Compared to Tom Ford's Amber Absolute, TF is more herbal and earthy, unequivocally masculine. This one is more sweet and more... amberly? Anyway I prefer this one over TF if I had to choose between these two, it's just more alluring and niche smelling.

p.m.a.
p.m.a.

Fantastic. Smells just like a chunk of real amber burning on a coal.

Lana148
Lana148

Sharp, spicy amber. Not too innovative, reminds me of some classical amber fragrances. I only like the smell of the final dry-down stage on my clothes.

zaetown
zaetown

Before I smelled this bad boy, to me SL ambre sultan was the best amber I had ever smelled, but after smelling this I've changed my opinion. I don't know if amber could be done any better. The reason why I prefer this one over ambre sultan is because its sweeter in the dry down and has a bit more sexiness to it. They both are staple frags if u must own an amber scent but when I am done with ambre sultan I will be purchasing a fb of this!
8.5/10

Update: Purchased a fb, and I must say its hard not to wear this everytime I reach for a scent bc its so addictive and last forever. Smokey, reisinous, and sweet. I never grow tired of sniffing it i rate this now 9.5/10

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

My search for il Santo Graal Amber has finally ended. This bottle shall sit proudly between my bottles of Russe and Sultan. Il mio preferito tre...

Outstanding, smoky myrrh and Labdanum dance around an almost boozy style dry down that is very appealing. Ambra Aurea is extremely long lasting (two intoxicating full days from a vile sample) which makes it worth every cent if not a great deal. I sit in a three foot barrier of perfection, and this particular fragrance plays tricks on me. Just when I think Ambra Aurea is fading it just intensifies. This continues through the long dry down, kind of like taking some high grade acid and thinking your trip is over, only to be fooled repeatedly by the next wave of deep thoughts and hallucinations. ;)

Profumum is a house that means business, and is worth checking out.

Patchouly is next on my list from this house...

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

عطر عنبري بسيط وليس معقد واضح المعالم بالشكل الذي يجعك تتخذ قرارك ربما مباشر، عطر شرقي بامتياز عطر يذكر بالاجداد وغرفهم وروائحهم الجميلة.

العنبر هنا هو بطل البداية ولكن زف وقدم بشكل جميل من خلال المره ولكن ليس بصورتها الواضحة بجانب شعور بتواجد رائحه بخورية ناعمة ربما رائحة البخور سواء اللباني او غيره ، لا ادري كاني اشعر بتواجد الفانيلا وشي من الفرنقل بشكل خفيف اتمنى ان لا اكون مخطأ واتمنى من جرب العطر يخبرني بذكرك

يذكرني العطر بقطعة البسكويت (بسكويت الشاي) المضاف له قليلا من الفانيلا
طبعا العطر لا اجده متفردا بشكل كبير قد تلمح في جوانب بسطية من عطر عنبر سلطان كذلك العطور العنبرية الاخرى.
جمال الرائحة
تفرد الرائحة /4/10
الثبات والفوحان لم يختر بعد
هل انصح بالتجربة نعم
طالما وصلت
لاتنس تستغفر
لاتنس تذكر ربك
لاتنس تصلي على نبيك.

Lots of gushing and praise among the reviews here and do you know what?
I'm going to join in!

This is simply one of (If not 'the') best amber scents I've ever tried.
Stunning!!!

It's absolutely divine the first time I tried it several months ago I fell in love instantly Ambra Aurea is incredible. Upon reapplying today It has confirmed my initial feelings.
It doesn't seem to develop like any amber I've come across but rather the constant and complex amber accord is so multi faceted it changes under your nose reverting from dusty libary, to ancient incense to sweetness and creamy vanilla then labdanunm and myrrh then back around again.
This one is not as sweet as Fiori d'Ambra which I also thought was excellent quality but more floral and sweet.
The quality is evident here and I've a real love of amber fragrances and this has an undeniable purity about it.
Love it!

Eos

@Colin Maillard no offense, after reading your review, I can't imagine that you didn't have a tainted sample or even a mislabeled one. A chypre with camphor, herbal facets reminiscent of SL's Amber Sultan and 'quite short longevity' frankly sounds nothing like this fragrance. :/

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Ambra Aurea opens with a bold, dry, classic, straightforward amber accord, with the same medicinal, slightly animalic and herbal aftertaste of Ambre Sultan, which however is more vibrant and complex – Ambra Aurea is instead more "monolithic", still fascinating in its way, and also bears a more camphor-salty-metallic vibe all over. Basically almost a dark chypre, dusty and gloomy, with a tasty base of myrrh and a slight boozy feel too. The incense note emerges slowly, and it's clearly, and sadly, a synthetic, Iso-E/ambroxan-driven note, which ruins a bit the general mood of the scent – it all gets cleaner, plainer, more artificial and dull. Still pleasant overall, quite short longevity, with an illusory opening quite better than the evolution. Amber is quite a "tricky" territory for me, as when it comes to give my opinion on amber fragrances, I tend to compare all of them to my "sacred triad" of ambers – Ambre Sultan, Ambre Precieux, Ambre Russe. I have not find a fourth one with "that something" that makes it stand it near those. Some are "almost" that good, this one sure is not, it's barely nice and decently done. By the way, not sure if my sample was corrupted, but the juice was quite dense and it stained my shirt – beware.

6,5/10

dbrii24
dbrii24

Intense smoked amber, served on a gold platter with a touch of vanilla, and heat. Ambra Aurea is one of my favorite amber fragrances and with good reason- it's simply remarkable! If you love amber, you cannot pass this up. It's sooo good!

Vexel
Vexel

I guess I'll throw my personal experience on the heap. I'm really not getting where people pull the word 'sweet' from in relation to this scent. Yes, it has a mild sweet undertone. It is not, however, sweet. Again, this is on my skin but I'll throw out there that I have a chemistry that typically amps up sweetness, so...

This is a very sunny, radiant, salty amber with a liberal dose of charred incense. I absolutely agree with Eos with their pinging of piney frankincense. This is the note that sticks out to me from beginning to end with Ambra Aurea; Set against that salty accord (which I somehow doubt is true ambergris), myrrh, and labdanum, and finished with a faint, abstract pinch of vanilla.

All-in-all this is a bit dry for my taste; I think that I could have enjoyed it more if it had a bit more sweetness to it. That same sunny radiance that gives it the moniker Aurea seems liable to induce a drought in my book and I can't help but feel I would tire of it quickly as it left me parched and blinded by light. In my humble opinion the vanilla could have been a tinge stronger or perhaps a mild fruity undertone could have been used but what do I know?

You might have come for the amber, and amber you will get, but you can't appreciate this and not like incense notes. It's not unpleasant, but I don't love it.

Afterword 10-19-14: Well here I am coming back to sample this beauty and I'm liking it a lot more than I remember. I'm also picking up more sweetness than I was before. When I initially tested this I was on an amber testing spree and so I'm thinking that I had a bad case of olfactory fatigue. Everything else is as I remember with that dusty effect a-la-Amouage Opus VIII but the notes are very much in harmony. I still don't know if I would tire of this because there is something I can't put my finger on that keeps me from loving it. I can, however, see the unique charm that makes it so different from other ambers and worth the spend for some. (It screams quality.)

Miss_Nicole
Miss_Nicole

An amber for the gods. AA is one of my top 5 favorite amber frags.
My reviews somehow always end up being novellas, but I will keep this short, sweet and to the point. Ambra Aurea is deep, resinous, mysterious, dark and ever so provoking. I love the juxtaposition of the smokey yet slightly sweet quality AA has to offer. There's something so alluring about this frag that my I find my appetite insatiable for it.
Beautifully rich and dense but also inviting and warm. The epitome of a cold winters night frag. Yes it's pricey, but some times you just have to splurge a bit (if it's worth it) and Ambra Aurea is sooooooo worth it. But fear not, a sample can help cure the raging desire for this compelling composition. Whisper *luckyscent* whisper.
Do I love/recommend this ? Comeon...must I scream to the heavens....YES! ;)

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Gorgeous perfume ! I am absolutely smitten with Ambra Aura. Admitted, I am a huge fan of amber scents. I had Amber Absolute in my collection but sold it as I found it too cloying. I had Ambre d´Orient in my collection but sold it as it is too similar to Ambre Sultan (which I love).
I love Ambre Fetiche by Annick Goutal.
Many amber scents have crossed my path but only a few really have made my day.
Ambra Aurea is one of them. It is thick, dense, demanding but at the same time gives me comfort and the feeling of coming home. Smoky resins with a patchouli-vanilla background. In fact, I recognized some of Profvmvm Roma´s Patchouly here, it is subtle but it is there. If you do not like patchouli in general then I believe Ambrea Aurea might not be for you as well. In my humble opinion patch goes great with resinous scents and vanilla takes away some of the edginess that smoky resins often show.
Speaking of a Profvmvm Roma perfume we do not need to discuss longevity and sillage much. Their scents are bombs and should be applied with a light hand...but you will be able to enjoy their scents for many many hours, if not for a whole day.
The scent is quite linear, there is not much development which I like nonetheless, I am not much into scents that change every hour.
@Taskphorce : I would like to disagree with you. I believe that if someone is into Amber Absolute or similarly resinous scents (i.e. Ambre Fetiche) this might be a hit. I used to wear Amber Absolute but find Ambra Aurea slightly more wearable. A little bit :-) Unfortunately, this brand is not so easy to find in online shops but they are definitely worth a sniff. As others already have noticed : I cannot understand as well why Profvmvm Roma is not known more amongst perfume lovers. I would love to visit their boutique in bella Roma !

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I might be a little biased but this is my #1 amber based fragrance with Tom Ford Amber Absolute closely behind. The price is hefty at $240 for 100ml and there are never any discounts but if there is ever a fragrance that is worth the money this is the one. I am not exaggerating when I say do not apply more than 1-2 sprays for the entire day. One bottle should last one person more than 10+ years if used appropriately. This is kick ass amber on steroids. It is resinous, slightly sweet, masculine, and forceful. I get an unbelievable amount of compliments and comments when I wear this juice....every single time, and I never apply more than two sprays. You will not be disappointed especially if you are an Amber Absolute fan.

Roge'
Roge'

The house of Profvmvm Roma. The company that uses "V" instead of "U". It's an Italian thing. Jumping into the actual scent: On my skin, Ambra Aurea transitions from sweet to smoke to sweet. Once applied, don't expect for this perfume to call it quits anytime soon. It lasts and lasts. When applied, you will be greeted with a salty/vanilla-like amber that smells pretty close to Nabisco's Vanilla Wafers toppled onto a Mesquite Kingsford Charcoal Grill. This is a warm rich fragrance that's undoubtedly created for your October's, November's and December's. Even with all the sweet mentions, it's kind of hard for me to label this as a gourmand. The myrhh is sinisterly dark and the smoke is loud(until you reach the 10+ hour mark). As with most Profumom creations, they're not gonna charm you with a "note parade". The magic is created with only a few notes. Impressive.

Fragmeister
Fragmeister

Does anyone know where I can find a sample of this?

pasha78
pasha78

After Profumi Del Forte's Ambra Mediterrana this has to be one of the greatest and most sublime and richest Ambergris driven amber fragrance I've ever smelt. A lot a of people complain about the price, but I've heard on good authority that Ambra Aurea is stronger than most normal perfume extraits. For the $240 you are getting 100ml of parfum with a staggering concentration of 46% which is higher than most extraits available in the market! So stop complaining and buy a bottle! :-P

I will not discuss too much about the notes or on AA's smell profile as others have faithfully and eloquently discussed it already here. However I will write about its physical properties.....

Its wonderful on its own but also can easily be layered with other fragrances just do not be too trigger happy.....believe me when I say one squirt should suffice. Its one of those fragrances to me where little is more interms of the effects it portrays over the hours on its own or with other fragrances. Another reason to control your trigger finger is that AA lasts a considerable amount of time on skin and especially on clothing........overnight on skin, a week or more on clothing. :-)

Eos

My Holy Grail of amber perfumes.

Ambra Aurea opens with an aggressive piney olibanum incense note and fades to a faintly spicey, salty, smokey amber. It smells like a real ambergris note (not claiming it's real, just saying it smells like it to me) is used in addition to the labdanum, vanilla, olibanum and myrrh. In my opinion this is NOT an overly vanillic fragrance, its much more balanced than that. Myrrh shows up in the heart of the composition and adds to its subtle complexity. True to its name, this amber fragrance radiates an aura of warmth and mystery. Staying power is unbelievable --- one spray lasts until my shower the next morning!

hermyonee
hermyonee

I guess it must be the myrrh note that gives such a complex effect to this one, this particulat softness quite hard to describe; I have Battito d'ali, and it also has this "something" so elegant, evanescent, soft, but it's sweeter that this one, which remains quite "cold" for an amber, due to the incense- myrrh combo. Perfectly unisex I'd say.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

ambergris with some warmth and I really don't know what else is in the mix, but it's stunning, long lasting and has good sillage. Worth the price for a bottle. If you can't afford it you just can't afford to smell this good, which is a good thing for those who can, if you know what I mean.

FlaviaRomana
FlaviaRomana

Just so beautiful and elegant... Different from any other amber

Deevee
Deevee

Absolutely wonderful. Complex, hard to describe: ambergris and little else. Can't imaging anyone tiring of this. It brings to mind all kind of plesant scents and remains its own unique perfume at the same time. Certainly one to wear and enjoy any time you want to feel specal.

beccajo
beccajo

I love this amber. It's odd because I'm a such floral girl, but this is the drydown I would love. It is amber and just enough vanilla to smooth it over and not let it get too masculine. It's great to layer other scents over. One of these days I'll be able to afford a whole bottle.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I ordered a handful of PR samples- this among them, and it stands as one of the best. Wonderful vanilla (natural!) and Ceylon cinnamon blend beautifully with delicious amber. There are Indian agarbathies with a similar composition- but none come close to this! I am quite taken... and the sillage is excellent.

prot72
prot72

There are hundreds of perfumes with ambra. Almost all of them are sweet because balanced with vanilla. Fortunately this one is different… I think that all subtle sweetness that we can recognize is an effect of natural, not distilled amber. This is real amber nothing changed or improved by man. I’m completely in love with this fragrance. Silage is amazing; it is recognizable after 24h on my skin. So I have impression that AA never dies. Of course it is matter of taste whether you like natural and deep amber or not but at least this fragrance is worth to try. I found description of AA on one webpage where author tried to imagine how smells the houses of ancient fighters like Beowulf’s for example. She compares AA to the smell of warm woods, fire and leathery clothes the people have been dressed that time. This is just perfect description.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Mmmmm … labdanum and labdanum and more labdanum! Delicious vanilla and vanilla and more vanilla! Right out of the bottle - Heavenly! It doesn’t get much better than this. It’s like getting inside a gourmet cream puff and wallowing in velvety, rich pudding flavored with real vanilla. I love all ambers, and I love good vanilla, and this one is especially wonderful. The vanilla-amber combination lasted the entire day, both on the skin and in the sillage. This is yet another decant-worthy amber.

Much as I like this scent, I have to say that it’s kind of a cop-out to list only a single note (amber) since amber is composed of so many different things and varies so much from one version to another.

Auguszta
Auguszta

I must admit I had high expectations of this one. And during the first half an hour, it did live up to them. I've been searching for the perfect amber so long, and the dark, dry, dusty and understated amber this pretended to be for a while came surprisingly close. No vanilla, and even better, no sweetness in sight! Just what I wanted.
Then it all went wrong. Not only did the dreaded vanilla show up, it completely took over, the scent got a lot sweeter and by the end of the first hour was nothing more than an average, albeit pretty vanilla scent with a light touch of amber. The price tag, however, suggests so much more.
I tested it together with Sonoma Scent Studio's Ambre Noir - and that one won hands down.