Designers » N-Q » Oriental « Groups

Battito d`Ali Profumum Roma for women and men

Battito d`Ali Profumum Roma for women and men
dislike

cacao

Battito d`Ali by Profumum Roma is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. Battito d`Ali was launched in 2011. The fragrance features african orange flower, vanille, myrhh, coconut and cacao.

African Orange flower Vanille Myrhh Coconut Cacao

Battito d`Ali Fragrance Reviews

shushkin
shushkin

WOW! I love this juice. Everybody notices when I wear it. Its a serious compliment getter. Who knew how well cocoa, neroli, vanilla and mryhh would combine. It is sweet but still florally and a touch powdery. In the beginning it is rather too sweet and reminds me of bubblegum. It soons settles and the sweetness lessens and the neroli and myrhh come much more the fore. It just gets better and better. I love the touch of clove. Yes, its a "pretty" fragrance but it is interesting. Perfectly unisex and not too girly. It has moderate sillage and very long longevity.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - vanilla, orange peel, greens, cacao, & myrhh.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently.

danieq
danieq

This is a very NICE fragrance. What I mean by that is that is has a nice, inoffensive feel which anyone ought to find pleasant, if uninteresting. I don't get any individual notes from it, mainly what I get is a powdery, sweet confection of the macaroon variety. Very pleasant but certainly not worth Profumum Roma prices.

Gosha
Gosha

Naturally sweet, gently floral and a bit medicinal - or perhaps, indeed, church-y - and powdery all the way, on my skin this little gem bursts and erupts with sparkles of pepper (I know its not listed, but I absolutely breathe it in the first few moments after application) and bounty of cloves (again, I don't see them on the list, but I sense that they are there :-D) and those cloves are strong and lingering around with the impression and the muted stubbornness of the aromatic Clove Rock sweets. I like it. Sweet blossoms are rippling through and this whole creation seems to be resting on some kind of sweetly mellow, comforting base.
For me personally there is a strong sense of spiciness, but strangely - this spiciness has a colour Baby Blue (of all colours!) and I absolutely can't tell why, because it is the very opposite of what I associate with spiciness of this kind, however - for me - privately - Battito d`Ali is curiously bitterly, lightly blue! Blue as a summer sky on a semi-cloudy day.
Elegant and super feminine (although I am sure many men would carry this on beautifully), Battito d`Ali seems to be pretty precious. Quite exquisite really.

emily7
emily7

After initial cacophony of notes, 5 minutes later settles into truest doll-like scent I have ever encountered; a seamless, semi-sweet blend with just a hint of plastic, yet gentle and playful - a scent of girl's playroom, so charming!
BUT, soon enough, out of tune note appears lurking underneath all the loveliness; something incomplete and stale (the same thing detected in Dambrosia, too) disturbing the balance of this almost perfect gourmand. Too bad.
Good but not great.

Tapioca
Tapioca

I bought a FB blind after reading the fantastic reviews, and I am in love! This is DiF's gorgeous older sister. The cloying sweetness of DiF is gone and replaced by something of enveloping, amazing beauty.
I could imagine perfect, etheral beings smelling like this. Since I'm more of a clumsy, disorganized mess, wearing this may cause a bit cognitive dissonance in those around me, but they'll get over it... :)

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

sweet and warm and dessert-y (the vanilla and coconut), with a hint of the Enjoli i wore as a 14 yr old. i like it, but i don't love it enough to buy it.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

bdoughty82640:

I'm a little afraid to ask how you know what a miner's groin smells like.

lucysky
lucysky

According to the Profvmvm Roma website this perfume has NO Coconut..

I love Battito d'Ali. But I can't wear it. I sneeze and my throat feels thick in a bad way. But what a fragrance. On my skin I get the Myrrh, Cacao, Vanilla and Coconut in a wonderful mix.

Jag älskar Battito d'Ali, men jag kan inte bära den. Nyser och blir tjock i halsen /harklar mig på ett otrevligt sätt. Men vilken doft! På mig känner jag mest Myrra, Kakao, Vanilj och Kokosnöt i en suverän mix.

lilalina
lilalina

This is beyond beautiful! Sweetness from the vanilla, bitterness from the orange blossom, it has a freshness to it without being light, it's very warm and sensual. The dry down is less sharp from the orange blossom and a lot more soft, almost powdery soft from the cacao.

the_badger
the_badger

Not much to say, I have used up most of my sample and I like it. It's definitely unisex and on a man it gives off a soft "nice guy" vibe (Bad boys wear clubbing scents). Excellent longevity and sillage, lasts all day 12 hours. I like it very much, the scent is very unique to me and I have never smelled anything similar. One reviewer says it's similar to Meharees, got to check that out because although I love BdA I don't love it that much as to spend $250 on a bottle.

Update
I came back to check this out again and I see some people comparing this one to Ambre Baldessarini. WTH no way!!! What on earth are you people smoking?! Ambre is a dark, gritty, old man leather with amber and tobacco. This, on the other hand is a creamy citrus more suitable for females, there is no way in hell these two can be remotely compared!

zaetown
zaetown

I cannot put into words how intoxicating this is on my wife. Its okay on me but it does a female justice! Someone said it smelled like angel wings and I would have to agree that's a great metaphor in my book. The vanilla is not too heavy but is a perfect balance w/ the myrrh and coconut in there. I haven'tsmelled anything like this before. It can be worn year round but lightly on hot summer days this is some high quality juice that last alllll day 24 hrs long and projects at least 12 or 14 hrs not joking!

Overall: 9 out 10

Gigi27
Gigi27

This smells like wood sauna but better, without the dryness. It's incredibly well-blended and not really a gourmand. Very elegant, quite original, worth the price.

Lana148
Lana148

Very unique, candy-like gourmand.

Super delicious, aromatic orange blossom, cocoa and myrrh combination - sweet, balsamic, sour, fresh. This mix feels unique, innocent and beautiful.

hermyonee

Steleale, funny how we get so different impressions on a fragrance! lol! I like FDA because for me it has such an opium note but it remind me of vintage times; victorian era, opium bars chasing the dragon... as they used to say...this strange sweet note, i think also laubdanum, it's so decadent, to me, litterally, remind me of Wilde and Baudelaire, and courtesans, corsets and maison closes...I might buy it next time...
BDA also reminds me of this time but it a classier way, more elegant, like an aristocratic lady, wich beneath the "bon ton" behaveour hydes her sensuality and her cladestine love affairs.. . just like in a D'Annunzio's novel...

hermyonee

thank you Steleale! <3 so glad you like it! it's very unique, the opening it's a very strong, quite sweet orange blossom, almost candied orange, with a hint of myrr bitterness, that makes it quite unusual, nut it only last the fist blast, after that it smooths into a soft powdery cloud, with this orange blossom innocent fresh & clean note, and myrr gets softened by a bitter-sweet cocoa note, amost white chocolate i'd say. it all blends so smoothly, heavenly! it's sensual, not sexy, it's classy not old, it's pure yet warm. my very best fav ever, along with SDV, but this one is more confidential, so unusual, and i enjoy that here very few peole even ever heard about the brand, not to speak about the fragrance! ;) love this excusiveness, it's worth the price!

Steleale

Hermyonee your nice reviews made me curios about this wonderful fragrance, and I am very glad to own it. Thank you Hermyonee!!! You're right it's almost a retro fragrance, but fortunately not old lady style! Just classy classy classy! In my opinion BDA and Alba are masterpieces, I suggest you to try Alba, i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

hermyonee

Steleale, great to see someone more mikes this so unique fragrace, but as usual i guess is a matter of chemistry & skin ... on me is so soft & sweet, but not sugary or stocky, it's powdery, just wonderful... divine!

Steleale

It's true: this is the smell of an angel wings. It is a soft, gentle pure scent, innocent and seductive at the same time. It opens a bit prominent and bitter on my taste, but the evolution is surprising: an unexpected softness comes slowly out and stays on my skin. The sillage is not so heavy, but today I gave BDA a second chance which made me note a good longevity.

It makes me feel the same sensation which Alba does: it's a very classy feminine fragrance. They're unique, whenever I wear it I can't stop to smell my wrist. Now i'm definitely a PFR addicted.

Steleale

This morning I tried it for the very first time: I didn't smell any cocoa from the top to the end notes. I like it but I'ill think about purchaising or not because it doesn't last as long as I was expecting...maybe because of another Profvmvm fragrance I was trying on the other arm (Dambrosia, not good on me). I wish the second chance the good one 'cause I like Battito d'ali very much.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

To me this is a more sumptuous version of Jo Malone's "Blue Agave and Cacao".

It is indeed a beautiful blend of fresh dewy orange flower and lemony myrrh, enveloped by creamy vanilla and warm, dry cacao.

This lasts, and lasts, and lasts. I wore it in intense Italian heat for several hours and didn't find it to be cloying, though I was careful to only apply once on my wrist. Bergamot (listed in the official catalog) stops it from opening too heavily.

Wearing "Battito d'Ali" will have you enjoying wafts of soft, balmy sweetness all day.

I doubt I would spend €170 on it though, as "Blue Agave and Cacao" is a much cheaper alternative.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I don't know what went wrong on my skin, but when I tested this fragrance I got an overpowering note of clove essential oil with a whiff of "bandaid" in the background. I would have thought there was a mix-up with my sample, but there was another reviewer on Luckyscent who smelled only cloves as well...

It never evolved, over the course of 5 hours, and then poof! It was gone. I would have preferred more "bandaid" and less cloves....wait, forget that...I would have preferred to smell the notes that are listed for this fragrance. I love orange blossom and myrrh, but maybe the myrrh used in Battito d'Ali just didn't agree with me. I can't stand too much clove on my skin!!

Fortunately, there was no sillage to speak of (for me). It was a skin-scent for sure.

hermyonee

Estebanz, i'm finally happy to find someone who's in love as much as i am with Battito, this such unique perfume, so soft, elegant and sensual...a bit retro' i makes me think of some decadent novels, fin de siècle, Wild's and D'Annunzio's characters should have worn this as their signature fragrance, around 1880... i just fell in love, as well, couldn't stop sniffing it, just had to e mine, é i really love besides the fact that it's so unique and unknown, very few people know PFR so it's still unique, not the sugary, cheap, mainstream stuff like LVB Lancome... just to mention one...Battito is so different, for me this one is THE Niche fragrance, so soft, it lingers around like a cloud, like cashmere, or velvet; i just love wearing it in winter, over cashmere clothes, pashmina scarf and my mink fur, perfect... it's my signature one for good, among the other many i have just for fun é change often, but from September to April, this is the one i wear most, in summer it's a bit too heavy, only for some special nights.

Estebanz
Estebanz

My first encounter with Battito D Ali was back in November of 2013 while visiting New York City,I still remember the exact day,it was November 6,while visiting Osswald for the second time with my friends Anita,Steven & Freddie that I stumble upon the house of Profvmvm Roma, I was extremely excited to finally be able to put my hands on the Italian niche house that I was meaning to try for the longest time but thought it was only available at luckyscent,that cold evening I went through most of the popular offerings from the house trying to find the perfect upscale gourmand,that night I tried some of the best in class gourmands ever,such as Acqua e Zucchero,Vanitas,Confetto,Dulcis and Dolce Acqua but it wasn't until it was almost time to leave,that my eyes saw Battito D Ali,so I decided to give it a try, long story short,the moment I tried I was in loved on the spot,It was one of those Love at first Sniff type of fragrances,Right there and then I knew I needed Battito in my life,today I'm finally a proud owner of one of the most alluring and Intoxicating fragrances ever created,Orange Blossom that smells like Heaven,blended masterfully with just the right amount of Vanilla to add a gourmand sweetness without loosing the tropical freshness produced by the delicate touch of Coconut,while the added note of Cacao add sensuality to the blend,Myrrh keep the composition together,adding a Sharp Aromatic quality to Battito that feels so magical and enchanting,I will describe Battito in my own words as a Spring and Summer dream,a Fresh Gourmand,a Masterpiece.

agentj
agentj

Got a sample of this today and was looking forward to it because of the other reviews. I sniffed my wrist and...Ugh, just awful. Bitter myrrh was the first whiff, then a familiar smell of old guest soaps my grandmother kept in her bathroom. There is nothing sweet about this to my nose.

hermyonee

it's sensual, in a mysterious way, subtle,intriguing, adn elegant, vanishing & ethereal but staying power is just amazing, it lingers around softly, there is something really special about this one, creamy soft & sensual, not too sweet or sugary at all, sophisticated & classy. For fall & winter, a bit too strong for summer.

esteban747
esteban747

Very nice and feminine fragrance.
Soft, clean in a creamy way.
At first is a blend of orange and vanilla, the coconut is subtle. Although the notes are sweet, the whole composition is smooth.
I like it, it feels sexy.

hermyonee

Yesn because this fragrances are almost extracts, highly concentrated, about 40%!! EDT is about 15% and EDP 20% ! that's why it's more expensive, and why it's enough to spray just once, and massaging is recommended to warm up the notes, while usually for EDT you shouldn't!

alvaro.ovalle
alvaro.ovalle

According to their web site they suggest to; "Vaporize the perfumes and wait 10 to 15 seconds, massaging the area in order to permit the essence to blend with your skin." I've never heard about doing this with perfume, but with the oiliness of this one, it makes sense.

hermyonee

for me, it's actually in the drydown that this unique fragrance gives its best, so soft & ethereal, lightly sweet & powdery, but difficult to katch, it lingers around softly...bright & pure, and yet so sensual.
It's staying power is simply amazing, no wonder with 40% concentration, almost an essence!
But it's never overwhelming or heavy, nothing to do with some atomic Guerlains... no this one is gentle, elegant, vanishing, intriguing people with it's notes, what's that smell? angel's wings...

A gorgeous blending of sweetly fragrant flowers in a creamy base. The final dry down on me smelled a little like hairspray, which was disappointing, but the opening hours were so beautiful it's hard to complain.

Cereza
Cereza

This is a very beautiful creation. "Battito d'ali" for me combines how a freshly cut grass smells with a bittersweet cacao note and the result is really remarkable. This is not particularly gourmand, though vanilla and cacao is very noticeable, the cacao here seems very natural smelling. I would say that this is a comfort scent.
Even tough this is very feminine at first, at dry down it acquires the bitter quality of cacao, so it could be easily worn by man also.

This is really, really good. Comforting, alluring and very warm. Perfect for cold evenings.

hermyonee

Nesia, i understand what you mean, in fact, it's exactly because it lingers softly after a while that I love it so much, it's just a soft cloud,sensual.
If you are looking for a nice niche perfume that lasts, look the Guerlains Art et la Matière, like Spiritueuse double vanille, or Myrrhe et délires or Cuir beluga; or also by Guerlains Rose nacrée du désert; it depends of what notes you like ... at profumum, there are also many others that last long, if you like sweet ones, there is Dulcis in fundo, Vanitas, and Dolce Acqua, otherwhise, Fiori d'Ambra, Ambra Aurea, Santalum, d'Ambrosia,Oxiana are also very interesting, woody resinous, original! What would you like exactly?

Nesia
Nesia

l came to a niche perfume shop asking for some strong smelling and lasting perfume for a night out and l was offered Battito (l love the name) since, as they say, Pro Fumum are known for their strong smelling fragrances. The lady gave me a sample and sprayed it on my arm. At first the smell is very prominent and interesting but with time it becomes powdery and soft, much too soft for my idea of a night out. After 30 min the smell had almost disappeared leaving just a very pleasant hue. For me it has neither the longevity nor the sillage l asked for but it is a very interesting smell, maybe for an autumn or winter weekend stroll in a park or a trip to the country but definitely not for the price they ask - ln my country it's 170 euros.

hermyonee

I'm wearing this since a few days, and it's just amazing! It's incredibly soft, a skin scent but it projects also quite enough, and the lasting power is simply everlasting! Because this is an extract, not simply EDP ...
It's so specific, for me it's original, so unique; it's classy, refined, and quite difficult to define, when you smell it, to pick up the notes if you don't know what's in there; it's pure, gentle, elegant and sensual at the same time, and to me it feels also quite retro', with it's powdery notes. It reminds me of a novel from D'Annunzio, that I love very much, "The child of Pleasure" 1884, and that takes place in Rome at that time...this is definitely the fragrance the female character should have worn as signature scent.
At the beginning it's a bit sweet, reminds me of candied orange, but no vanilla, and some quite sweet orange blossom. fortunately this sweetness doesn't last too long, very quickly it turns into something much lighter, evanescent, and very soft. It still remains a bit sweet, but never too sticky, myrrh notes help make everything so bright, & pure? the subtle bitterness of cocoa balances the sweeter notes,it's quite difficult to describe actually, this scent it's so unique! Yes it's expensive, but as it's so strong it really needs just one spray or two, and it lasts the whole day, on skin, even more on clothes! I think one should be carefull not to put noo much, because it could only ruin the delicate softness of this scent, make it too heavy and cloying. It developpes nicely, with no great evolution or big changement, quite linear, but so elegant, thisone doesn't scream for attention, it just lingers softly around, whispering her notes gently. I really love it, this one is going to stay in my drobe for good. I also love that only a few people know about it, and wear it, and the name fit so perfectly, it reflects truly this scent, " what's like the smell of angel's wings"?

hermyonee

this is purely a wonderful fragrance, so refined, soft, elegant, it recalls me really something light and brightness, like angel's wings are actually touching me; it feels so pure, that's it! it's almost impossible to describe... this softness, it's just amazing, for me it brings peace, I could easily imagine this on a baby's skin, on a child; but, in the dry down, it gets stronger, torrefied cocoa notes,with just a hint of bitterness, which give it a strong personality, without getting cloying or too heavy.
I'm actually not a big fan of Pro Fumum Roma, Several of their fragrances seems often a copy of other well known perfumes, like Confetto, truly a less interesting copy of Hypnotic Poison Dior, or like Aqua di zucchero, a much expensive versions of Pink Sugar Acquolina! But this one, Battito d'Ali, really stands out, above the others I tested so far from PFR. Surely going to be my next purchase!

Labaloo
Labaloo

I know it says "cocoa powder" on the company's website, but to me it smells more like cocoa butter, and that combined with vanilla gives a very "white chocolate" impression. I also smell orange peel in addition to blossoms- very gourmand, and that triplet calls to my mind certain summertime confections. Or orange-white-chocolate cheesecake. Myrhh is such a bitter contrast to the rest; I wish the note could have been toned down a bit. I also smell a hint of nutmeg and of vetiver- I could be wrong. Overall, the components of this composition seem dichotomous- not as unified as most of the house's other scents. I'm neutral on this one.

Migotka
Migotka

Orange flower is a star f this composition, so if it is something you like, it is definitely worth giving it a go.

However, that being said, it is not the best composition with orange flower I have tried, moreover, it is not the best orange flower scent among all the Profumum Roma fragrances... The quality of the scent is, as usual, superb. The longetivity is very good, it is intensive but quiet and discrete at the same time.

The other prominent note is the myrrh, and the other two- vanilla and coconut, were not there for me. The linear, orange flower and myrrh combination is a very pleasant one, but it lacks the interestingness of some of the other fragrances from the house.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

Cocoa, not coconut! and jasmine. It lasts for 2 days. I started to save money for it.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I think there's a little mistake in the fragrance notes above: in this fragrance there isn't coconut! Instead, there's the cocoa powder :) Anyway, I didn't smell cocoa or coconut, but only myrrh and maybe a little bit of vanilla. On my skin I found it similar to an Erbolario perfume: it's called Meharees, with notes of date and myrrh. Maybe it's only my impression, but if you can find l'Erbolario you should try this Meharees...it's very much cheaper than Profumum fragrances(and it's also very longlasting!) :)

Jacqueline
Jacqueline

I already bought this in december in Rome,I had to love seeing the notes.well, I gave it to the owner of Claudio parfums( Veenedaal, the Netherlands, U have to go there!!!!!)

I really could not say or think anything of this perfume.I smelled...nothing.strange!