Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Ninfea Profumum Roma for women

Ninfea Profumum Roma for women
dislike

New fragrance Profumum Roma is arriving on the market in April 2010 as a new fragrance of the collection. Ninfea was created of such aromas as rose, violet, honeysuckle and freshly cut grass.

"Secret garden
illuminated by the morning sun
shining on dew
reminds me of the sparkle of her eyes,
the scent that surrounds me is her scent."

Fragrance Ninfea, is available as 100ml edp in a glass flacon.

Honeysuckle Rose Violet Grass Hay

Glam Rose
150 Parfum
Le Pot Aux Roses

Ninfea Fragrance Reviews

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - rose violets & a slight trace of greens.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently.

chove
chove

We are all more or less prone to divisions and personal categorizations. When it comes to scents for example, I'm keeping a made-up group of fragrances that in between themselves can be quite different, but who share a specific violet/cola bean aspect that often shows up in powdery rose perfumes. Involved in creating these facets, except rose and violet, can be lychee, amber and faint vanilla, the effect is reminiscent of semi-soft candy tablets for children. I have a reluctant soft spot for these scents, they often convey an amazing wet and mellow feel. The problem is that as soon as the tendency proves to be more than a hint, the smell is unbearable.

The less successful representatives of this group often masquerade as voluptuously sensual with a vintage quality, only to reveal themselves as mindless sugar bombs. Ninfea is a typical example of this. Maybe it's the over-saturated sweetness of the hay and fatty white powder that makes it impossible for the fragrance to deliver the semitransparent experience it aims for. First comes rose and violet in a classic but obvious presentation. Then the powdery violet teams up with the honeysuckle in an almost tropical fruity sweetness. The grass clippings are not freshly mown on the lawn, but compressed on high speed in a Vitamix blender. Ninfea wants to be dewy and hazy like a summer's dawn, but instead it's dense with all the notes stacked in steady boxes next to each other. Rather than Après l'Ondée, this is Trésor territory.

melia
melia

Ninfea made me smile. A huge smile without showing my teeth, as if I was extremely satisfied. Ninfea is a dream for the lover of violet-candy-without-being-sticky-sweet scents. I imagined the concept of infancy while inhaling this perfume. Not a child wearing this - but just a child itself and its carefree life. Running around on the street, stopping in front of a candy shop, playing in a meadow, then getting tired and wanting to go to sleep. I try, but the nymph-aspect doesn't really come to my mind. For me nymphs are light but sultry, innocent but mysterious. I missed the sultry and mysterious part. The violets do have this watery but earthy feeling though, which could be associated with those legendary nymphs. I still don't know if I would be craving for this (I'm quite satisfied in the violet-department with my collectors edition of Insolence and Love by Chloé), but it's a very nice one to consider if you're still in the search for your perfect sweet-but-fresh violet interpretation.

ColdDiss
ColdDiss

This smells like the hedges of a summer cottage on a warm night right after the grass has been mown: honeysuckle, fat pale overblown roses, a very slight impression of violet pastille. It's also a little soapy and powdery at points. The overall impression is a bit childlike and simple -- this would be a safe bet to give to an extremely lucky little girl as a first perfume.

BlueMarine
BlueMarine

After an initial blast of fresh green notes that evokes its namesake (Water Lilies), NInfea settles quickly into a long-lasting powdery rose scent (do I smell oakmoss & musk which are not listed in the pyramid?) .

A familiar and relatively linear composition, despite the hefty price-tag. However, as a previous reviewer mentioned, the intensity of its dry-down may imply that Profumum Roma probably uses high quality materials. On me it's still going strong after 5 hours. IMO, Ninfea is an easier one to wear than many of the other PR creations.

As with every bottle in PR's line, the understated splash bottle comes in a nicely-cushioned box complete with an atomizer cap, travel-size rollerball and a funnel to suit every occasion.

annski
annski

I have tried Ninfea on my skin a couple of times. Every time I try it on, I'm mesmerized by it.
It is elegant and curious at the same time - love the mix of rose and violet.

Unfortunately, it costs €200 in Sweden. Ninfea is totally worth it, though.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I think Gosha is quite correct- I also smell the lovely (and unexpected!) fragrance of dill hidden in the folds beneath the rose. It's that lovely aroma of a certain Persian pilaf that I love so much, adding a "green-ness" to this humble and introspective composition- such shyness in comparison to the rest of this house's offerings!

I was actually quite taken with it until powdery iris became prominent at the 1-hour mark.

Migotka
Migotka

Ninfea is a beautiful fragrance that only disappoints if you look at the price tag. In my search for a perfect rose, I came across this fragrance and I really, really liked it.

Like other PR scents I have tried so far, it is a simple fragrance- a fresh combination of rose and violet. After an initial wave of rose, a wave of violet comes, and the scent keeps on changing like this. It is a fragrance that is very much close to the nature. There are not many additional notes here, so it really does feel like a rose garden in the morning.

But anyways, as already mentioned, Profumum Roma is an expensive brand and in this case, I am not sure whether I would like to spend 200 GBP + for a bottle.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

The only Profumum which I can wear and which has not the ugly plastical chemical note in it that I despise..the ugliest was Battito de Aglio. All ohter perfumes by this brand do not impress me. Ninfea really smells like something natural (the violet, the rose), like it.

9154mf
9154mf

This smells like fresh rose and violets in a freshly cut garden/mowed lawn. Nice if you like that sort of thing. I would not buy this even if it were cheap because it's not my sort of scent. I heard somewhere that apparently this brand use top notch ingredients so maybe that's why the price is so high.

Gosha
Gosha

Sadly I am really disappointed with Ninfea. Ok - it's not a bad scent (if you don't think of the price), simple, powdery/floral, but having tested a few exceptional ones by Profumum, I might be a bit spoiled. This is simple, but while the others are simple flawless perfection, this one lacks the luxurious air of things done with impeccability. It is also the first Profumum fragrance that doesn't last on me.
There is a bizarre note at the very opening, that only lasts a fraction of a second, but I can't help it, it reminds me of dill of all things. That, however, disappears very quickly and all there is left pretty much unchanged for the rest of the shortish life of this scent, is really just flowery powder.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Profumum Roma Ninfea fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Profumum Roma Ninfea, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ninfea by Profumum Roma. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ninfea by Profumum Roma represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.