Designers » N-Q » « Groups

Soavissima Profumum Roma for women

Soavissima Profumum Roma for women
dislike

Soavissima by Profumum Roma is a fragrance for women. Soavissima was launched in 2006. The fragrance features amber, white flowers and iris.

Amber White Flowers iris

Mukhallath

Soavissima Fragrance Reviews

Olgarth
Olgarth

I don't know how or why, but Profumum Roma Soavissima greatly resembles Al Haramain Mukhallath. I've done a side-by-side comparison and they have the same stifling cloying sweet smell that I attributed to oud when I initially sampled the latter.

Mukhallath though, is much more potent. If you took Mukhallath and diluted it with about twenty times as much alcohol you would have something very close to Soavissima.

And you would have spent only about ten dollars.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - iris powder.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

najgirl
najgirl

It's interesting how everyone perceives fragrances differently. I don't smell the powdery notes, nor anything "expensive". To me this could be an almond/amaretto -based pastry or drugstore shampoo - very reminiscent of something from the 80's that I don't think I liked. It's not bad, but definitely nothing to write home about.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

On first applying this, I thought immediately that this is the smell of Guerlain lipsticks. I pulled out one lipstick from my stash and confirmed that the smell is identical. Powdery yet creamy, subtle florals and a tinge of warm vanilla. Having tried many from the house of Profumum Roma, Soavissima has the same outstanding longevity but unlike some of the gourmand powerhouses, this one feels more refined.
Comparing this with Teint de Neige, TdN has more powder going on and on and on, throughout its lifetime the powder is thick and tenacious. TdN is powder and musk and brings to mind both bouncy babies and messy boudoirs. Soavissima as I mentioned, has the lipstick/make-up vibe about it without being as direct and forward as Lipstick Rose...next to the ultra feminine Soavissima, my beloved Lipstick Rose feels like a harlot! If it were a person, Soavissima would be Lady Mary of Downton Abbey, the epitome of elegance and grace.
Both TdN and Soavissima are very well made perfumes, obviously for fans of powdery scents, otherwise it would be pure torture. I don't think it's necessary to have both (well if I had that much disposable income yes I'll have both) but when i finally finish my bottle of TdN I believe I will replace it with a bottle of Soavissima.
I had two people remark positively (on their own voluntary will) about my perfume in the first hour of wearing alone. In a city where I haven't found perfume friends to share this passion with, I think that says a lot of the quality and presence of Soavissima.
P.S Emily7 my bank account is glowering at you!

emily7
emily7

Yes, it's powdery and yes it's kind of soapy too, actually it brings nothing new to the table considering the existence of Teint de Neige and L'Erbolario Iris... But it's a completely different fragrance as well.
It's all what I expected to get of Chanel Misia (and never got):
- powdery aspect of iris here is huge, yet classy and feminine
- rich creaminess of white flowers is invigorating
- makeup vibe, discreet sweetness and warmth
- I don't even mind the linearity!

I am one of those whose wardrobe is full of dirty leathers and dark florientals but the beauty of Soavissima is indisputable and it won my heart easily.

lilalina
lilalina

This starts off with a strong bitterness from the flowers, almost grassy bitterness. A lot of powdery notes, talc.. makes it very old-fashioned like old makeup smell.. Can't say i enjoy this one in particular. I am a fan of Profvmvm and their quality is excellent.

Germany
Germany

I love Soavissima is a great perfume. It does indeed smell almost the same as Teint de Neige , one of my favourite perfumes. Soavissima is a powdery delight , I would have not guessed from the notes it was amber and iris and white flowers. No way ! I can smell a tat of iris but other than that I smell , vanilla, Tonka, rose , musk ,powdery notes ,,,, it's like a fresh out of the bath , soapy powdery sweet puff , resembles Nivea cream and childlike dreams as well as very feminine ladylike , in an innocent way , I really love this perfume and I got it as a gift from a sweet Fragrantica friend , thanks Jovette !
This is one of these perfumes that I will repurchase once it's done. It's top shelf for me along with Teint de Neige. Both have this lipstick feel, face powder smell,,, great stuff!
I am finding the Profumums really great perfumes , also very long lasting and well made. I like quite a few of them.

ColdDiss
ColdDiss

A thick, dense, but ultimately soft cloud poised precisely between a powdered-white-chocolate gourmand and a plastic doll scented with baby powder. It is enormous, expensive-smelling and lasts until you shower it off. There's something a little twisted about it. Like it makes me want to take up smoking again and wear too much eye makeup. I don't know if this will ever work for me in this lifetime, but I am enjoying my sample very much and would love to meet the people who wear this every day.

Jana1984
Jana1984

It's amazing fragrance, but too expensive.

liliana.rhozs
liliana.rhozs

Yes, it looks like exactly it TdN, but it's more expensive, and therefor I will'nt buy it.

Dayna78
Dayna78

Great powdery scent for layering. I love it with Fiori D'Ambra.

Labaloo
Labaloo

Rose, iris, amber... subtle gardenia and vanilla, anyone? This isn't my thing, but I would very-much enjoy smelling this on someone else- if that makes sense? It reminds me of what my grandmother smelled like, and she was a 1940's girl. It is sweet, feminine, clean, a touch of powder and rose-scented soap and a white cake for dessert and kind words and dignity- very-nicely done!

A few hours later: Hold everything! The top notes have subdued... and this is definitely NOT my grandma.

I like it. :-)

zapling
zapling

I keep thinking that 'soave' is italian for 'soap'. This scent is like strong but cheap incense, or old-fashioned perfume soap. I would expect to smell like this, were I an old nun... Maybe I was mistaken about liking 'powder' notes... I dunno... But I will not put this scent on, again. Free Soavissima sample, anyone?
NB this is the strongest perfume I have ever encountered. Just one drop hugged me in a cloud of unwanted soap smell for hours on end!

dutchsuzanne
dutchsuzanne

The first thing I thougt was 'this is just like Teint de Neige, but much more expensive', but when de opening dries away it becomes a more ambery, beautiful scent!
I love it!

possumke
possumke

Upon first application, it reminded me of a sour turned perfume! not very pleasant on my nose.
About half an hour later, it does a complete u-turn, drying down into a pleasantly warm and powdery long lasting scent, with a slightly animalic note.

Gosha
Gosha

What a powdery delight! :-)
Soavissima is very straightforward with powdery notes (not mentioned here, but very profound), white flowers and amber that are all floating together - I would say - from the beginning till the end. And the end doesn't come anytime soon! As with other Profumum fragrances, the longevity is amazing! Hours and hours later i am still getting gentle puffs of this deliciously feminine, simple blend. When I say simple - here I mean luxurious simplicity, elegant and refined laces and silk, because again - as with other Profumum fragrances, I am thinking: this is a very expensive stuff that SMELLS VERY EXPENSIVE (no matter how simple or straightforward), it's quite splendid!(Of course, you have to love powdery scents!). :-)
Luckyscent.com says: "...this is the slipper-footed princess of powder scents tiptoeing about..." and I think that's a perfect description. In spite of all the luxury, this is very age-flexible scent, I think - could be easily worn by a 16 or 90 years old princess! :-)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Profumum Roma Soavissima fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Profumum Roma Soavissima, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Soavissima by Profumum Roma. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Soavissima by Profumum Roma represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.