Designers » N-Q » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Mediterraneum Proteo Profumi for women and men

Mediterraneum Proteo Profumi for women and men
dislike

Mediterraneum Proteo Profumi for women and men Pictures Mediterraneum Proteo Profumi for women and men Pictures

Proteo Profumi Mediterraneum is a fresh, oriental spicy fragrance for men. It was launched in 1993. Top notes: bergamot, lemon, mandarin, aldehydes, tarragon and lavender. Heart: jasmine, carnation, geranium, rose, cinnamon, fir and ferns. Base: amber, benzoin, moss, musk, labdanum, patchouli, styrax, tonka, vanilla and sandalwood. Later, it was branded as Versace perfume.

It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Lavender Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange Tarragon Aldehydes

Carnation Jasmine Geranium Cinnamon Rose Fir Fern

Musk French labdanum Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Amber Styrax Benzoin Tonka Bean Vanille

Mediterraneum Fragrance Reviews

Lotto.Lupus
Lotto.Lupus

Bergamot, tonka bean, musk, sandalwood are all the notes I love. At first the perfume is too strong, but after a while it becomes really warm and tender. I actually think it's unisex. At first probably more masculine, feminine a little later. An unusual smell!

First wearing, just a dab: I'm not a huge sandalwood note fan, but this is really good. It's dry and woody, rather than smooth/milky or "pottery shattering" (as TS called the Samsara sandalwood note). It's not too far from vintage Catalyst for Men, but that one has other notes in the mix, and is much spicier. Mediterraneum starts off very busy, at one point being similar to Opium Pour Homme EdT, but that doesn't last long, and the sandalwood note begins to take over, though the projection ("sillage") is toned down considerably. This may be the best "bang for the buck" if you want a quality sandalwood note that dominates the drydown of a fragrance. Longevity is very good, and hours later the sandalwood recedes and a slightly sweet and vanillic quality emerges. If you want the opening to last longer, I suggest sampling Opium Pour Homme EdP, though.

Second wearing: It seems a lot smoother and more coherent now that I'm doing a "normal" wearing. The sandalwood note is clear but not as pronounced, and it smells more like Opium Pour Homme, though with it's own identity. I guess a good description would be a light, woody, Oriental fragrance. It's a great, balanced blend, with enough note separation to keep it interesting. From the reviews, here and elsewhere, I thought the newest formulation of Third Man Caron would smell like this (instead, it is far cruder, simpler, etc.).

Third wearing: I'm struck by the quality of the ingredients now, as well as the complexity and dynamism, though that may be because I wasn't expecting much from this one (not long ago 100 ml bottles were selling for less than $20 total on ebay, though I obtained mine in a swap). This is one to get if you are an aficionado and can get it for that kind of price.

misterjohn
misterjohn

Ran across this many years ago in a perfume outlet in New Jersey. Despite the Fabio advertising (big turn-off), I fell in love with the orange mixed with vanilla and wore this fairly regularly for awhile before tiring of it. I don't think it was ever very popular--it was available pretty cheaply at the outlet shortly after it debuted. Never see it around at all these days.

Orpheus99
Orpheus99

Smells like a light version of Le Male mixed with some bright citrus when you first spray it on. After about 15 minutes, pleasant spices start to develop. This has good projection. I smell the spices from a distance, light Le Male when I put put my nose close. Lasted about 3 hours on me before it faded down. I can see myself wearing this from time to time. Grade: B+

wormstir
wormstir

yuck, this is really horrible - a cloying powdery smell that is definately not very 'mediterranean' and is actually very much like an old woman smell (not an old woman's perfume - but the smell of an old woman)

SilverFire
SilverFire

It goes on like one of those old barbershop scents -- very alcoholic and powdery-smelling. Just as you're wondering, "What did I put on me?" It moderates into a deep, spicy scent that then becomes the smell of erasers, especially after they've erased a few things and you're smelling all the little eraser bits around your paper. The barbershop/alcohol scent remains, lurking underneath.

It projects fairly well. I can smell it around me. The eraser scent becomes less synthetic as time goes by, becoming better fused with the alcoholic note, resulting in a natural kind of projecting spice.

It lasts about three hours. Overall, I wasn't impressed.

Mediterraneum by Proteo Profumi 3.92 out of 5 based on 14 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Proteo Profumi Mediterraneum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Proteo Profumi Mediterraneum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mediterraneum by Proteo Profumi. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mediterraneum by Proteo Profumi represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.