Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Opardu Puredistance for women

Opardu Puredistance for women
dislike

tuberose
Opardu Puredistance for women Pictures Opardu Puredistance for women Pictures Opardu Puredistance for women Pictures

Opardu by Puredistance is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Opardu was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Annie Buzantian. Top notes are tuberose, gardenia, lilac and bulgarian rose; middle notes are carnation and jasmine; base notes are heliotrope and cedar.

Tuberose Gardenia Lilac Bulgarian Rose

Carnation Jasmine

Heliotrope Cedar

Sweet Morphine
Honour Woman

Opardu Fragrance Reviews

derad
derad

To me, Opardu is like a younger timid sister of Samsara. She prefers wearing white, unlike her wild sis, who's keen on red. Gentle and tender, handing the sweet smiles to everyone, loved by everyone, that's our shining girl Opardu.

Adelinne07
Adelinne07

She sat in front of the easel and looked lovingly at the white paper. She already imagines what the painting would look at the end and even though it is not her first one , she is sure that she will love it the most.

The paper is already wet , ready to absorb the emotions and colors. Her hand draws the first delicate touch of color: purple specks come alive on the paper and then metamorphoses in small and delicate lilac flowers.

The woman smiles looking at the flowers and she almost senses their fresh, crisp smell that brings happiness. Softens her brush in color, and among the lilac flowers, she starts painting a sweet heliotrope flower. This time, the touches of color are more vivid , you get lost in their depth. If you close your eyes, you can feel their warm and powdery aroma. Yes! This is definitely how memories smell - a blend of space and time, over which the fine powder melancholy sat quietly, protective.

There is still something missing... Hmmm... What could it be? Ah, yes! She is now running her soft brush in the moste candid shade of white, the same as gardenia petals. The woman touches the moist paper with such emotion that the creamy smell of flowers, along with a piece of her soul emerges near lilac and heliotrope flowers, perfecting the painting.

The white Sun throws its white rays over the humid watercolor painting, gilding the floral bouquet with a silver glow. The flowers are frozen in time and as their petals colors combine harmoniously, their scent becomes palpable, filling the room, blending with the tranquility of winter days.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This Pure Parfum Extrait, sold in 32% Perfume Oil concentration, was conceived to remind the Paris of yore, through its nightlife full of beauty and seduction.
It combines notes of tuberose absolute, gardenia, Bulgarian rose and purple lilac, on the output, with notes of carnation and Jasmine, in the heart, in addition to Heliotrope and cedar, in the base.

If you don't like tuberose, run! Otherwise, prepare yourself to enjoy a true floral trip, which brings the opulence of this flower, followed by the aroma of the rose, that lingers throughout the evolution. So, about 30 minutes after applied on the skin, nuances of carnation begin to exhale. The fragrance becomes more balanced, different from the initial moments, which are intense.

Another 30 minutes passed and the smooth and vanilly characteristic of Heliotrope arises, gracefully. I must confess that I was hoping for something more dated, in the Chypre-floral style from the past. But when the heart notes began to appear, the fragrance became a beautiful and refined floral.

Opardu is a dual-sided perfume: initially, sensual. Then, almost innocent.

hollyc
hollyc

This smells so vintage! It's a real floral blockbuster and I LOVE it. This is extremely retro opening with STRONG florals and although I'm sure some of the ingredients must be synthetic, it doesn't small that way at ALL. I suspect lilac and lily and some gardenia are in here and something green (freesia?) but I'm not really good at breaking out notes. It also, to my nose, has a hefty dose of civet in the base. This is perfume (and it is an extrait) for grownup bombshells. It lasts a good while (on skin about 5 hours) and projection is moderate. I only had a sample and dabbed it, no idea how it would behave sprayed and on fabric. This is just so glorious and to my mind a perfect fragrance, I wouldn't change a thing (except I'd get Pure Distance to send it to me free LOL) This isn't cheap but remember it is pure perfume and extremely concentrated. Destined to become a classic, trading on eBay for thousands if they ever discontinue or mess with the formulation. Love, love, love! On my list it goes!

scrabbleaims
scrabbleaims

Mmm, Opardu is very scrumptious! I smell lilac then gardenia. This is a very feminine scent. Sillage is not great however, on my skin. Most fragrances don't do well on my skin either with sillage or composition.... they go off. I do really enjoy this fragrance though as the notes seem to be right on! Great for spring!!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Opardu is an especially beautiful fragrance with a fascinating composition. The first two times I wore it I did not fully appreciate it. What I initially thought was a bit strange in the opening notes is a gorgeous heliotrope which I had never smelled in such a fresh and realistic composition.

These initial heliotrope and lilac notes are joined by a peppery carnation. Since these notes are not usually smelled together the juice may smell a little pollenish and animalic initially, but this phase passes quickly. The tuberose and gardenia become really beautiful after a couple of hours. The heliotrope and lilac are especially lovely in the topnotes and throughout the development. This fragrance leaves Malle's powdery En Passant in the dust, literally. Opardu is so much more beautiful than the indolic En Passant, at least to my nose.

The white florals become more dominant in the drydown but you can still smell the other notes as well. This fragrance is really special in the purity and beauty of the florals. You have to wear it a few times to really appreciate it. It is subtle, classic and the longer I wear this, the more I realize its amazing beauty and uniqueness. It's perfume like no one else makes it anymore. Sheer perfection for floral lovers. It is FB worthy.

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

I had the great priviledge of having been given a sample of this from a friend ;) and am blown away by its gorgeousness. It starts out with a stunningly realistic pollen-like lilac and is backed up by something clear and deep; like a flawless diamond or a deep pool of clear water - I am at a loss to describe it. Haven't smelled anything quite like it before.

An outstanding composition I just might get it when employed again!

TibbieMom
TibbieMom

I've never reacted to a fragrance like I did to this one. It took 3 or 4 wearings before I had an epiphany. It reminded me of my grandmother. Not because it's old-fashioned or dated, but because it's light, beautiful, and it just makes me smile. It doesn't hurt that it has many of my favorite notes.

The best way to describe Opardu on me is to say it's a light version of Cashmere Mist with the lightest touch of lilac. On me, the lilac stays, which I love. After the dry-down, it becomes a skin scent. Every few minutes, I get a soft whiff of it and I love it. Is it worth the price? Oh yes. Definitely. I ordered my bottle and am anxiously awaiting its arrival from The Netherlands.

If anyone has samples they don't want, I'll happily take them off your hands. :-)

Doc Blue
Doc Blue

On me, Opardu is a casmere soft abstract floral with a dominant powdery almond (heliotrope?) note.
I admit, I'm torn. Orpadu is an undeniably beautiful fragrance; elegant and soft as dove's wings. But on me it has no sillage (even after dousing my wrist with the entirety of my 1/4 ml sample I had to lean in to smell it), was a skin scent after in hours and nonexistant after six. On top of that, it is unbeleivably expensive. I haven't mustered up the courage to check the price of a full bottle, but a 5 ml decant alone cost $75!
By all means, try Opardu. But be prepared to have your heart broken.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Very beautiful. Fresh fresh lilacs...soft powder...white florals dancing about. I don't get milky. Instead I feel the musk really pull through. I know others will not agree, but this reminds me of the movie Scent of a Woman when Al Paccino can smell the beautiful soap a woman is wearing in the restaurant. To me this is that scent. A gorgeous clean scent without the least bit of dirtiness. Worth the price??? To me no, but then scents and the way a person responds to them is so personal. Only the wearer can decide!!!

So today I'm wearing the very expensive Opardu by Puredistance. I will start by saying that it's way overpriced. It is a lovely scent, don't get me wrong, but it is nothing out of the ordinary. I would never pay $197 for 17ml of this.

Opardu is a smooth, clean, musky and milky blend of lilac and gardenia. It is indeed very feminine and pretty, however the projection is fairly soft, almost like that of a skin-scent. I also find it quite linear in terms of composition, with very little distinction made between the heart and drydown.

Opardu is sure to be a hit with white floral lovers, or even those that enjoy the scent of lilac. It's slightly indolic, without smelling too dirty. Annie Buzantian has done well to compose such a pleasant and natural fragrance, although I do wish it had more character.

I'm not surprised that Annie also composed Estee Lauder's Sensuous EDP and Pleasures. Now that I think of it, Opardu does have an Estee Lauder vibe. It's almost like she took Pleasures as her inspiration, removed the complexity and used better quality ingredients to create Opardu.

I was about to recommend Opardu for the Spring and Summer months, when I reconsidered it for Autumn. Its lack of sweetness and freshness makes it quite suitable for cold weather also.

As you would expect from such an expensive fragrance, the longevity is superb. The packaging is also quite extraordinary. Even the sample of Opardu came in a small magnetic box, nestled into an elegant concavity covered in smooth, grey fabric. Very luxurious.

bebekesasar
bebekesasar

I luckily get the chance to try Opardu sample. Lovely rich floral, that is my first impression. Gardenia makes it quite milky and innocent. Also quite sweet. Dried to a powdery scent. Very intoxicating. Perfect for every occasion, but regarding the price, I will save it for special one.

starscent
starscent

We do not wish to reverse the arrow of time. We have learned much ... and yet .... the romance and opulence of another era are carried in our souls and longed for in our hearts. The beautiful Opardu whispers this truth to us. She is an enabler who tells us to take pleasure in our dreams!

ladykarl
ladykarl

Opardu is very beautiful as the mature ultra femme superfloral that it is.
Would be lovely to the opera or an event where dressing up fine is the standard. Lilacs in the front; tuberose in the back (nice combo) The drydown is much less floral; woodsy which makes the later part of the scent (four hours in) much more laid back and well suited for regular life. If i had the right lifestyle i would definitely wear this.

Flora55
Flora55

I just got a sample of Opardu - it is really lovely, with a transparent and rather surprising milky sweetness that comes on shortly after the fresh green floral opening. The green still lurks behind the milky/powdery effect as it develops. This is probably the most refined example of the floral woody musk genre I have tried to date, and the musk is definitely NOT of the all too common "laundry" type but rather a subtly sweet skin scent. This perfume is as smooth as glass and very easy to wear.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Puredistance Opardu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Puredistance Opardu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Opardu by Puredistance. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Opardu by Puredistance represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.