Designers » N-Q » Leather « Groups

Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men

Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men
dislike

leather
Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures Puredistance M Puredistance for women and men Pictures

Puredistance M gives the - usually male - wearer the sensation he or she would have inside the new leather interior of a grey Aston Martin: rich, warm and comfortable. And at the same time - deep down inside - a chic, sensual undertone makes the whole experience a truly exciting one.

Puredistance M Perfume was made in London by the Master of Perfume Roja Dove. M is made from a high concentration of perfume oil (25%) and available as a 17.5 ml. perfume spray in a cool metal grey giftbox. Puredistance M was launched in 2010.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

Jasmine Rose Vanilla

Vetiver Patchouli Woodsy Notes French labdanum oak moss Carnation Cinnamon Clove Leather Musk

Bel Ami

hill2dtops

M for Magnificent

K1
K1

I can hardly put into words how much this one is special. I tested before several times and deleted my review cause it was simply nothing for this elegance.
Puredistance M starts way different to what is categorized in my mind as leather perfume. It's like a black leather jacket dusted with chalk powder. The opening is so dry and chalky smoky vibe without any possible romance; skipping quickly over the citruses listed and just take a touch of it and passes to slight floral introduction for splendid leather/labdanum spiced mossy play. This is what perfume shows when sits on heart notes. An impressive leathery classic combination with modern inclination. One of those works you prefer to say nothing and only smell and enjoy.
Perhaps not so unique but so impressive.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This Pure Parfum Extrait, sold in 25% of Perfume Oil concentration, was released in 2010, inspired by one of the cars used by the 007 Agent, the Aston Martin. The creator was the perfumer Roja Dove and the objective was to convey sophistication, excitement and danger.

It combines notes of bergamot and lemon, on the output, followed by notes of rose and Jasmine, in the heart, ending with a complex background of cinnamon, patchouli, mosses, labdanum, vetiver, vanilla, musk and leather.

Once applied on the skin, it's like a punch in an action scene of James Bond movies. Bergamot and lemon? Where? Just a whiff of the rose and, immediately, the opulence of the base notes. It's like if the fragrance was made only by the existing notes at the base of the olfactory pyramid.

The patchouli manages to be bitter and creamy at the same time. The labdanum reinforces, even more, the aroma of leather. After about 1 hour of its application, it is possible to notice some of the nuances of musk. And when you realize that the evolution has come to an end, the result is a mildly incensed aroma, which can also tends to amber, depending on the skin.

Puredistance M is masculine and mysterious. Translates the universe of James Bond, along with the mystery of the "M” character, played by Judi Dench. Definitely, M is a "Must have"!

Kain
Kain

I believe I hit the jackpot! if you want something serious and manly this one worth at least trying!
The opening of this fragrance is a bitter spicy scent mixed with leather note.
The spices are heavy and they do have a very dry and wild feeling. lots of cumin, lots of nutmeg, lots of clove that they all together creating brutal spicy and kind of peppery scent.
The leather note does not smell smoky. it's like the smell of a piece of leather in the middle of the desert in a hot summery day! very dry and slightly animalic.

In the mid I'm getting again heavy dry spices and a little stronger leather (still not smoky but it's animalic) notes but now there is some sweetness and some carnation flower beside it that gives the scent an elegant and slightly powdery feeling.

In the base those heavy spices and the leather note all settle down and the scent gets slightly sweeter. the base is a creamy sweet vanilla and musk plus soft spices specially cinnamon and some leather mostly in the background.
Performance of this fragrance is awesome. projection is strong and longevity is around 10-12 hours on my skin. there is nothing girly here. masculine all the way through.

یکی از جدی ترین و خشن ترین عطرهایی که تست کردم به طور حتم اینه. یه عطر مردانه به معنای واقعی کلمه
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی بسیا قوی و تلخ رایحه های ادویه ای و بوی مشخص چرم شروع میشه
رایحه ادویه ای حس گرم و خیلی خشک و جدی داره. ترکیب دز قوی رایحه های زیره، جوز هندی و میخک یه بوی تند و تیز فلفلی و ادویه ای بوجود آوردن که اصلا با کسی شوخی نداره! رایحه چرم اصلا حس دودی نداره. بوش جوریه که انگار برداشته باشین یه تیکه چرم رو تو یه ظهر گرم تابستونی گذاشته باشین جلوی آفتاب و بعد از چند ساعت بردارین بوش کنین. یه بوی گرم و خشک و تلخ چرم که حس ملایم حیوانی هم داره

با گذر زمان و تو رایحه میانی رایحه قوی با حس خشک ادویه ها همچنان تقریبا با همون قدرت به مشام میرسن و رایحه چرم کمی قویتر شده. البته بازم همچنان اون حالت خشک و تلخ و کمی حیوانی خودشو داره و اصلا دودی نمیشه
در کنار اینا تو این مرحله کمی رایحه های ضعیف شیرین و مقدار کمی هم رایحه گل شمعدانی به عطر اضافه میشه که حس بسیار جذاب و شیک و کمی پودری به عطر میده

تو رایحه پایه رایحه قوی ادویه ای و چرم تا حد زیادی آروم میشن و حالا بوی عطر کمی شیرین تر میشه. رایحه پایه بوی نیمه شیرین و خامه ای وانیل و مشک هست که مقدار کمی چرم و ادویه جات خصوصا دارچین اونو همراهی میکنن
در مجموع بوی عطر خشن و مردانه اس و با وجود اینکه این عطر یونیسکس عنوان شده شخصا چیز زنانه ای در اون نمیبینم
پخش بوی خیلی خوب و نسبتا قوی داره و ماندگاریش هم بین 10-12 ساعت روی پوست هست
کار خیلی خوبیه

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is marvelous, clear, sharp, amazingly elegant and cozy. I detect patchouli, aromatic woods, cedar, vetiver, a floral accord, sweet resinous spices, cinnamon, a gorgeous leather note (soft like suede, initially) with a bold talcum-soft feel. All is aerial and dimensional, almost geometrical, at the same time plushy, silky and mellow. A lot of suggestions and images come to mind, there's an oriental vein blended with a totally contemporary Western personality. Quite complex and textured, really compact, just smelling beautiful and great like Fetish pour Homme, and also quite on the same "concept" too: basically, a renovated, modern "masculine classic", with some nostalgic fougère/chypre accords blended with a new and more modern sensibility. A tight and harmonic scent full of nuances you feel better in the sillage than on skin. What I like the most is an irresistible accord of leather, flowers (jasmine?), delicate woods (cashmeran, cedar?) and spices blended with a talcum-balsamic accord, something that just captivates me I don't know why precisely... like those scents you link to people you love, or loved. So distinguished and majestic, without being "opulent". As minutes pass a talcum cloud emerges and "explodes" in all its dreamy and narcotic dustiness, and again, a symphony of nuances, mellow woods, flowers, leather. Then it all starts to dry and the bone-structure emerges more clearly, which I said, it's quite a classic fougère/chypre texture, incredibly sophisticated, soft, mossy and velvety. As many other reviewers already noticed, a couple of scents come to mind at this point, two legendary scents to which this one almost sounds like a "tribute": Moschino pour Homme and Bel Ami. The leather accord with a talcum/floral "gentleness" is one of the best I've ever smelled, it smells really perfectly. The drydown is great as well, more bitter and dry, but well balanced, and doesn't reveal the sadly-too-usual safraleine cheapness (burnt rubber). Utter elegance. The quality is uncompromising and really high, of both materials and composition. Still, the price is completely insane and megalomaniac, and not in a way that I'd say "... but it's worth it". It's not, it's great and stuff, but it's not worth that cost. Just grab a sample and try it, then enjoy the hundreds of equally good (or better) fragrances around.

scentedtreasures8
scentedtreasures8

This stuff is growing on me.Originally,i didn't like it much,until I realised that less is definitely more with this scent.I sprayed once this morning on my wrist and that was the trick.If I spray any more it is so strong that I cant smell the changes to this,but with 1 spray,i can smell everything from beginning to end.The citrus and rose,a very nice patchouli and the leather doesn't take over this fragrance with minimal use.Try it like this and you will really smell the difference

CaliDude
CaliDude

A nice scent, but reminds me too much of Hermes Bel Ami. Sample both prior to making your purchase.

Sunduri
Sunduri

Reminds me of Black Orchid + leather + cinnamon + smoke. I like it and would buy a FB if it weren't so prohibitively expensive.

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

When all the exalting and kneeling at the alter of Puredistance M has stopped for the night, get over to Perry Ellis M for men . One will be pleasantly surprised the cheaper M and may even like it more. I just wonder to myself if Puredistance took any design cues from Perry Ellis ?. Cinnamon is very prominent and a leading player in both scents. Just saying ok .

Q80
Q80

it's a good strong perfume, but honestly 300$+ for 60ml of this is too much. i'd pay for this perfume around 150$ max for 100 Ml, other than this i personally see it too much of a normal perfume like this one

yvashche

I had to laugh, Taskphorce, that you think I would "make up" the fact that M doesn't last on me. What do I seek to gain, some type of fame for defaming perfumes? I have tried M many times by now and no, it does not last on me. That's just how perfume works: it lasts on some and loses power on others. As for the sample being fake, I received it directly from Puredistance.

leathermountain
leathermountain

After a leather-rose opening, it settles down into a lovely rose-oud or rose-patchouli thing. It is not original. It is not superior to its competition. There is no reason to buy this. You could purchase four superb perfumes in any olfactory category for the same money. Or you could blow the cash on this one, and help to inflate the ridiculous price bubble we see in niche perfumes. I'd rather support a perfume house whose product makes a bigger impression than does its price.

Dear poster below Yvashche:
I am sorry, I had to comment on your comment. I can't think of another fragrance that has as much tenacity as Puredistance M. I am absolutely certain you received a fake decant or you are simply making up the statement that this doesn't last on your skin. It is impossible! 25% perfumed oil!

yvashche

What is going on with me and Puredistance? Out of all the fragrances, I only liked M and even that is not long lasting enough to warrant anything bigger than a sample.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

LEATHER AWOL

Where's the leather? Did someone switch out the leather in my sample with incense?

The opening was strong smokey incense with a dab of citrus. Nothing wrong with that. (Except if you're expecting leather.)

After an hour or so - the dry down balances a nice blend of floral, cinnamon, citrus, and musk. (Smokey incense left the building with the supposed leather.)

I was expecting the opening to be similar to Knize Sec (which does have the leather note present). However, the dry down of Puredistance M and Knize Sec are similar to my nose.

Like Knize Sec, the dry down turns up a sour note on my skin. This is a common problem for me with citrus (and sometimes musk) - so don't let that deter you from sampling.

Taskphorce

Do not underestimate this juice. It is highly potent and one (maybe two) sprays is suffice. Words cannot describe the intensity of this fragrance. Personally, I am reminded of burning cedar and tanned leather with a dab of patchouli. Before I looked at the notes, I would've never guessed that there is citrus and cinnamon but now looking back, it is obvious. My first impression was that this fragrance resembled smoldering wood but I think it's the fierce cinnamon, citrus, and leather notes clashing that produce the sharpness and density. Puredistance M is as Masculine as it gets. This is not a feminine in any way and any attempt to persuade me that it is would be frivolous. Two sprays to my shirt remained there for a solid 7 days and I expect that after I remove the shirt from the wash machine, the fragrance will be detectable. The dry down is where this fragrance mellows out and becomes slightly more aromatic and warm spicy. At this point, vanilla fades into the picture. I cannot find anything wrong with this fragrance other than the price tag but nonetheless I am going to fetch a 60ml bottle and this should last me.......a lifetime.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I really like this.

A coffee'd leather almost wanting to say bitter dark chocolate but cocoa is not listed as a note.

The leather is smooth like the inside of a new luxury car.

This is what I thought Tom ford Tuscan Leather would ( or should) smell like.

It's an extrait so longevity and projection are decent BUT I really don't think I would pay such a high price for this juice. It's really nice and without a doubt luxurious but I don't need this.

williamvargas
williamvargas

this is a great scent, I just think for the money I would prefer to go bel ami myself.. but still does not take anything away from this. just looking at value. if you like this one and have not sampled bel ami..try that and see. they are both excellent and to me accomplish the same sort of vibe.

kizz_man
kizz_man

I try this one Reminds me of x from clive Christian.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

Urgh, what a vulgar leather note. This smells like some combination of the interior of a used car with leather seats, a dentists office, and a tannery... Something very chemically and rubbery is afoot.

The following this has baffles me, would anyone care about this if it were affordable? Reminds me of disgusting foods that are for whatever reason considered expensive delicacies and acquired tastes among the chicly cultured.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Smokey, leathery, sweet, floral and spicy all at the same time. There are so many clashing notes in this fragrance that it never hits a harmonizing accord for me. Conjured up memory of a symphonic orchestra tuning their instruments just before beginning a concert. Harsh, out of tune and headache inducing.

Leather
Smokey (oakmoss, patchouli)
Sweet (vanilla)
Floral (jasmine, rose)
Spicy (Cinnamon, clove)

It seems as though the perfumer couldn't make up his mind as to what type/genre of fragrance he wanted to make, so he decided upon making in all in one. (52)

fuckoff123
fuckoff123

If i would compare PD M to Tuscan Leather, to me it does not stick out with same sharpness as TL and is less sweetish-fruity. I would call this fragrance gentle, classy, masculine and definitely mature. Something i would wear with a classy set of cloth and a pair of nice shoes.

mahmoudelmowafy99
mahmoudelmowafy99

Simply for me this is the KING of men fragrances

Explorador
Explorador

Nice perfume, although smells pretty much lime Amouage Silver, maybe a little softer, but even more expensive than the anything but cheap Omani house. I never thought I would say an Amouage is cheap in comparison to any other perfume, but I have to. M is a very nice perfume, but way too expensive for what it is.

buddy m

Miraculous

It's the best!

alexis_lomakin
alexis_lomakin

Strange...I've seen that face before... (Libertango). The same kind of feeling I experience about this fragrance. Conclusion: Nothing special. Roja Dove is reinventing the wheel, sorry.

raw umber
raw umber

M by Puredistance is a cowboy.

M starts off with sweet and salty leather, and warm smoky spices. There is an earthiness which smells like freshly cured leather and vetiver.

The color of the leather pulses like a neutron star in the night. At times, the leather is sweeter and spicier with carnation, cinnamon and labdanum, at times it is more earthy and green with oakmoss, rose, vetiver and patchouli.

M is potent, unified yet multi-faceted, and unforgiving. It projects over the river and through the woods, and it lasts all the way to grandmother's house. Look out, grandma! The wolf is on his way.

M is a dark, masculine, and seductive character who is known by a letter instead of his full name; that is the gravitas of his mysterious, alluring personality.

Spicy sweet, smoky, salty, earthy, LEATHER.
The florals add to the incense quality of the spices, but all in all this is a leather-centered fragrance. Where would a cowboy be without his cows?

I would ride off into the Sunset smelling this on my skin. If only fairy tales were real.

tymanski
tymanski

I was really excited to try this and when I got the chance I was......so disappointed. I found this to be more about spice (esp. cinnamon) and thick tannic leather with no chypre elements. I gave it time to dvelop but in the end I had to scrub. A cloying mess to my nose

Logos1959
Logos1959

Pure Distance M....what can I possibly say? Honestly....I don't like it at all. There's something in the composition that doesn't match. But I can not put my finger on it.
To my humble opinion mr Roja Dove is at present days one of the best "noses" in the world, and I do have several fragrances of his hand, but this one is a mismatch to me.

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Just get Hermes Bel Ami, and pocket the extra cash!

d04m022011
d04m022011

Company has core expertise in marketing to promote its brand. Highly refined and glamorous products that are not sold in my country. Congratulations to the team and creators of desiners Puredistance, the refinement and good taste.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Opens slightly citric and already disappears in seconds, and is very strong and a bit stuffy, the intense spices. Do not believe the floral tone is the opening and these spices, especially cinnamon and clove are in the background. It starts at the opening to the heart, and they appear pretty intense with moss, giving a more formal tone. The base with a comfortable leather, brings me to a Bentley with that beige leather, mixed with the cinnamon/cloves mainly, and labdanum and patchouli together at the base. Artwork in my opinion.

Grottola
Grottola

I forget where I read this, but I remember reading that Roja Dove said Bel Ami by Hermes was one of his favorite fragrances. Bel Ami is a classic woody-leather chypre in the Halston Z-14 mold, although the current formulation is big on rosewood rather than leather.

Why am I talking about Bel Ami and not M? Well, chances are, Roja Dove (the perfumer for M) probably has access to the formula for Bel Ami, and it shows - Puredistance M is a dead ringer for the vintage (vase bottle) formulation of Bel Ami. All the elements are there; a woody chypre center, resinous sweetness, a plush birch tar leather note, and a subtle yet broad fuzzy/hairy animalic note (probably either costus or castoreum). Other than being a tad more muskier and ever-so-slightly raunchier at the beginning, M is virtually indistinguishable from the vintage Bel Ami, to my nose. The only other difference between the two is that M has a big cinnamon note that lasts through the drydown, as well.

It's not to say that M is a quality fragrance. It's composed with great materials, and lasts a really long time. However, it's way too similar to Bel Ami for me to justify buying any. If you already own or have tried the vintage Bel Ami, then you'll already know what M smells like. Try before you buy.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

M opens with a leathery spicy oakmoss with a touch of cummin. Then five minutes later this gorgeous stunning jasmine floral note kicks in like a ray of sunshine peeking out of the clouds. The oakmoss note recedes though I do detect some leather still underpinning it and the beautiful florals start to dominant.

As time moves forward I can detect vanille and the cinnamon weaving in and out of the composition.

As this is a perfume extract it only took a dab to my wrist to get a strong projection though not in a heavy way more light and strong.

The strange thing with this fragrance is different aspect's of it seem to be more prominent depending on the application. I noticed if the scent was dabbed onto my skin the spicy oakmoss leather came to the forefront while the stunning florals and vanille & cinnamon held itself in the background. And visa versa with spraying it onto your skin.

I have too say this fragrance is stunning in the quality of ingredients used especially how the jasmine note is used. Every so often this scent just seems too come together in a perfect harmony of oakmossy spicy leather and the floral vanille cinnamon. When it does the effect to your olfactory senses is one of pure magic.

Dimitris
Dimitris

Today, after a long time trying to find it all over the place, I am wearing M. The first few minutes after spraying it I was somewhat sceptical: there was no lemon, no bergamot - it dived straight into the spicy accords. In fact, apart from the clove and cinnamon smell, I swear I could detect the dirty presence of cumin as well (although not a listed note).

If the sound of it puts you off, just be a little bit patient. 5 minutes later and M becomes what I would describe as a wonderful gourmandy(?) leather chypre. In fact, it is one of the smoothest, more gentle leather notes I have smelled, coming in stark contrast to others in perfumes such as Bandit, Knize Ten and Cuir Mauresque (great perfumes no doubt!). In fact, "gentle" and "balanced" are two good adjectives to describe M and its components - the woody notes, the patchouli, the discreet musky oakmoss.

It was worth the wait and I am seriously contemplating paying the prohibitive price to get my hands on one of those delicate bottles.

Puredistance M by Puredistance 4.20 out of 5 based on 197 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Puredistance Puredistance M fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Puredistance Puredistance M, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Puredistance M by Puredistance. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Puredistance M by Puredistance represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.